Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost vs. Cassidy Carter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: Noon ET Tuesday, August 27, 2019
OOC: Shorter roleplay – getting back into the groove Wink CD takes place as indicated. Promo takes place day of Breakdown.

June 9, 2019
Schoenburg Castle
Oberwesel, Germany
9:33pm

Another ten minutes had passed – though, once more, they felt like an eternity to Selena and Deanna, both women racking their brains over how this had all happened... it wasn't that none of this made sense. In fact, everything but the last fraction of tonight had made sense, as much as they both hated. But now? This part?

With a sigh, Selena looked down as she continued to hold her wife in her arms. “It's untrue.” Selena whispered affectionately.
“It is!” implored Deanna as she lay against her wife's seated form. “I know it is!”
“So do I.” agreed the platinum-blonde.

Outside the car, the bodies were still being piled into the ambulance. For a moment, albeit bitterly, Selena wasn't sure how much was left of them – and part of her was relieved for that. Did she enjoy death? No. She hated the notion. Hated how final it was. That it seemed to be this great divider of all things. Even if there was life after death, there was no true guarantee of being reunited. It's why she never looked too far into the future.

Because, to the Snow Queen – death always seemed to be waiting for her...

I of the Storm

“The Renewal of Vows”

- Day Two: June 4th, 2019 -

Selena was careful not to look directly at the sun as it shone in the sky, the beautiful blending of gold and blue that made up most of what could be seen above. Her sapphire eyes carefully scanned the entire blue blanket above and could spy a single cloud in the sky. It reminded the Snow Queen of their small lake back home in Manhattan. 

As she closed her eyes to breath in a breath of fresh air into her lungs, she felt the whisper of softness caress her cheek, causing her eyes to open and gaze down at the cause. There, in her lap, was a smiling face, a pair of emerald eyes and a long mane of red hair.

“Hey.” Purred the young woman as she gazed at her relaxed wife.
“Hello yourself.” Selena answered back, placing her hand over Deanna’s and using her free hand to run through her locks of red.
“What are you thinking about?”

The platinum-blonde smiled again at the redhead before leaning down to kiss her forehead. She heard her beloved give a soft mew in delight at the contact. Lifting her head a little to gaze back into her eyes, Selena titled her head to answer her beloved’s question.

“Wishing I could freeze this moment – because I’m really not thinking about anything but it.”

And she was telling the truth. While the Frost wives had arrived a full 12 hours late to the location of their renewal of vows at the Schoenburg castle and had taken the rest of the night and morning to settle in, they had refused to give any more time to it, wanting to savour every other second and moment together in the beauty of the land. They had already walked through the market place and town near the castle – refusing to use a car – and were now a short ways from the castle, resting on a beautiful hill, a single, tall tree their only other company. It was enough for the Snow Queen to let her worries slip from her mind. 

What did she have to worry? She had gotten revenge against Xander Valentine a few days ago during the royale and she was certain she would get another chance when she returned – and Giovanni Aries would fall under the same fate, she knew – though that was less certain with so many others wanting his head. As for the US title? Selena shook her head. She’d wait for her chance to get it back. She didn’t want to demand anything from Sasha. She wanted to do what was best for SCW – not just for herself. Did she want to be US champion again? More than anything. But there were certainly things more important than holding a title in SCW.

And this thing she had with Xander and Giovanni – that needed to be solved first.

But that was almost two months from now. And as for everything else... well... Selena took a deep breath. She had less time to not have to worry about that if all went according to plan, but she still HAD time and, dammit, she was going to enjoy every second of it.

“Hmmm?” she turned her attention back to Deanna, who was smiling at her.
“I said, ‘Me too.’.” she repeated patiently – giving her wife time to come back from her musings. 

Lifting one jean-covered leg up, Deanna gave it a swing down to lift herself off Selena’s lap and brown sarong to sit up beside her wife. The platinum-blonde gave a quiet whine, almost impossible to hear, from the lost contact but her cry was hushed as Deanna slid in front of Selena, snuggling close to her front, Selena quickly moving her legs and arms to accommodate, wrapping herself around her wife, who held her hands tight.

“Wonder if we could live here...” Deanna mused dreamily.

The off-hand remark caused Selena’s eyes to widen. “I hardly think Gunther would put us up here.” She stated. “Besides, we have our own castle of sorts...” she nuzzled into her wife’s soft neck. 

“I know, but... maybe when things are all over, after you retire, the kids are on their way... and it’s just us again...” Deanna continued. “We just... disappear...”

Selena let the comment sit for a moment. “You and I?” she asked, earning a nod from her wife.
“Only close family and friends to find us.” The redhead urged. “No more crazies. No more attacks. We just... just be two people in love.” She squeezed her wife’s hands to stress the point.

“It sounds beautiful, Deanna....” Selena sighed. “Do you often think of such things?”
The younger Frost nodded her head. “Don’t you?”

She knew her answer would not please Deanna, but she refused to lie. “I’ve tried...” she stated honestly. “But so often I just can’t see past what’s in front of us. Between angry families trying to kill us to angry superstars trying to cripple us... it’s hard to see such a beautiful picture.”

A sigh escaped Deanna. “I get it.” She whispered.
“I rather live in the now.” Selena stated. “Because I’ve had so much taken from me – from us – every time I let my guard down.”

There was a silence as Deanna rested her head against Selena, only broken by the older woman. “That doesn’t mean I don’t want what you are suggesting.”

She could feel her wife smiling, causing Selena to smile as well, playfully squeezing her pet closet.  “But can I add something?” she asked, deciding to try to see Deanna’s future. 

“Sure!” piped Deanna.

The wrestler cast her sapphire gaze over the hill, seeing the town a ways away. “Well, let’s say we live the house for the kids. They can decide what to do it...” the thought did bring a little sadness to Selena’s heart, the notion of losing their ‘Forever Home’ one day but... “Realistically, what would we do with such a massive house with just the two of us?”

“True.” Deanna sighed. “I mean... I love it... but without the kids...”
“It be big and empty, I know.” Selena nodded her head. “Maybe we go back to something smaller, like when we first started dating and living together.”

She cast a gaze down towards her wife, who shool her head.

“Maybe not that small.” Deanna asked. 
Selena laughed. “Not that small. Okay.” She smiled. “So between the two – I still want a lake in that equation.”
“Me too.” Deanna agreed.
“But maybe someplace quieter than New York.”
“Like here.” 
“Here.” Selena nodded. “I also know some spots in Canada.”
“Canada?”
“You forget, pet.” Selena replied, kissing her wife’s crown. “I was born in Canada. Technically, I’m a dual citizen.”
“Oh yeah...” Deanna smiled, recalling the story of Selena’s birth that the Snow Queen had shared. “So a quiet spot, remote and near a lake. Smaller than what we have now... for just us.”

“Sounds wonderful.” Selena sighed as she continue to cuddle her wife.
“Can you see it now?” tease the redhead.
“A little.” Selena laughed. “But I don’t plan to retire anytime soon.”
“I know.” Her wife nodded her head. 

The two remained silent as they felt the gentle wind blow, simply basking in the beautiful weather and in each other’s presence. That is until-

“HOW ARE YOU NOT MELTING?!”

The loud voice rang through the air, landing on the ears of both Deanna and Selena, causing both women to turn their heads to see the small group of people approaching them, recognition dawning on them and causing their eyes to widen and their smiles to grow.

Leading the pack, running as fast as his short legs could carry him, was David – the middle child sprinting up the hill towards his mothers. For a moment, both Deanna and Selena were worried he’d trip and skin his knees, for the boy wore only dark blue shorts and a white shirt, leaving his legs bare and unprotected. Behind him, Selena spotted their dear friend, neighbour and caretaker of the children, Gerda. The elder woman seemed in no rush – unlike David – to climb a hill, taking her time as she held baby Amiliah – the Frosts’ youngest – in her arms.

The last two people were who Selena’s eyes focused on most – but for different reasons. A few steps behind Gerda, almost beside her, walked Elsianna, walking at a pace close to Gerda. She wore a simple flower dress but a long t-shirt under that. Selena almost wondered how her eldest was not melting until she saw the young one’s hands... or rather didn’t, for she kept the sleeves of her shirt wrapped around them. And while Elsianna smiled genuinely at seeing her parents, the fact she was not trying to outrun David to them spoke volumes to both Selena and Deanna.

And lastly, bringing up the rear – like a wolf pack with the strongest in the pack to keep guard – was the source of the loud voice. The blonde gave a tilt of her head, her eyes shaded by her hand on her forehead as she looked up the hill at the women. 

“Or even tanned? What the-“ she almost said the next word before biting her tongue.
“Language, Regan!” warned Selena as David reached the top of the hill, panting heavily as he ran into Deanna’s arms, the redhead smiling as she held her son to her. That didn’t seem to be enough attention for the boy, his hand shooting out to grab at Selena’s sarong.

With a smile, Selena knelt down wrap an arm around the boy. “Hello, my little prince. Did you enjoy the plane ride here?”
David was still trying to catch his breath from his sprint but he nodded his head excitedly. “We were so high up! I saw the tops of clouds!”

Selena laughed at that. She had been amazed the first time she had ridden a plane as well – when she first had torn through the clouds and looked down upon them. It was an amazing feeling, and she could only imagine how heightened the wonder would be for a young child like her son.

“Pretty cool, huh?” she asked aloud, earning a nod from the boy as Gerda reached the top, Elsianna right beside her.

Standing up to her full height, Deanna walked over to Gerda in order to take the young baby Amiliah from her tired arms, the older woman giving a thanks and a remark of “the young one growing every day!”. Deanna smiled as she kissed and cooed the youngest. David, meanwhile, had moved to look at the tree nearby, wondering if he could climb it.

It was at this moment that Selena was able to lock eyes with her eldest, Elsianna waiting patiently for her turn. “Hey, snowflake.” Selena smiled closing the distance to her to wrap the child in her arms. She felt her daughter stiffen and hesitate before a pair of arms awkwardly, but affectionately, held her mother. Selena understood the entire notion, giving her daughter a kiss on the forehead to state that before gazing at her. “How are you?”

The young girl shrugged her shoulders. “Okay.” She answered.
“Any issues?” 

Elsa shook her head now but from her hesitation, Selena could see there was something there, casting her eyes at Gerda. The elder woman nodded her head to confirm this but spoke aloud. “She’s been working hard, my dear. All those exercises every day to regain her strength.”

Despite the knowing that something was off, a swell of pride filled Selena’s chest at her eldest daughter. “Is that right, Elsa?” she asked.

Again, a meek shrug came from Elsianna. “I’m trying.” She offered, earning her a grand hug from her mother.
“I’m so proud of you.” She whispered. “So proud!”

She felt her daughter nod and Selena released her then. Still, her eyes caught the sight of her daughter’s covered hands. Foolishly, she reached out to take one, surprised when her daughter yanked it back and hid both behind her back. “I’m sorry!” Selena tried, mentally cursing her stupidity. In her joy, she had pushed too far, causing her daughter to retract. Quickly, Elsianna shook her head. 

“Sorry...” she whispered, keeping her hands and arms behind her.
“No, it’s my fault.” Selena stated, cupping her daughter’s face gently. “I’m sorry.”

The younger blonde gave a nod before returning her arms to her front, Selena staying away from them.

“So...” she gazed past her wife but there was no one behind her daughter. Raising an eyebrow, Selena excused herself from everyone, walking a few steps to the near decline of the hill to gaze over it. It was only then that the Snow Queen, once again, spied the Hellcat, standing at the base of the hill, her hands in the pockets of her black pants, eyes just gazing everywhere but at the hill.

With a roll of her eyes, amusingly, Selena made her way down the hill, the wind blowing her braid and sarong a little.

“What?” asked Regan, looking through her shades to eye her sister.
“Hill too much for you?” Selena teased.
“Actually, I wanted to give you some time with your family.” Stated Regan, crossing her arms. “I know things are rough right now. Especially with Elsianna.” She added.

Well, that killed the mood...

Selena gave a small nod of her head before automatically closing the distance between her and the Hellcat, wrapping the smaller woman in her arms. “Thank you for coming.” She whispered.

It only took a moment and a sigh from Regan before her arms were around Selena. “Of course.” She whispered. 

“No I mean it.” Implored Selena. “You didn’t have to. I would have understood with things with Sienna and Jennifer...”

A few fingers pressed gently but firmly against her lips, effectively silencing her. “David and I are working on that.” Regan promised. “It’s not for you to worry about.”
“But I do.” Selena sighed. “Because I hate the thought of it.”
“I know.” Regan replied.
“If I could give you the money – I’d sell everything-“

A weird sense of deja vu struck the two women. A memory of a young Selena rushing to the offices of SCW, days after winning the Best of the Best Tournament. She had begged them that whatever they were planning for her in terms of a “prize” to please give it to Regan. She had foolishly assumed that she was going to be offered a chance at the World title, like the previous winner, David Helms – Regan’s husband – had been given before. She wanted Regan to have the shot. Had even publicly announced it on Breakdown.

But no reward was given – except embarrassment from the young Snow Queen. She had assumed too much – banked too highly on the past and the accomplishments she had done. But all she had wanted to do was help Regan – make her sister happy. 

Now here she was – trying to do the same thing. 

“Deja vu?” Regan asked with a smirk. 
“Massive.” Selena sighed, releasing the Adrenaline Champion as she did. “Old habits, I guess. I’m always trying to solve everyone’s problems.”

“Even if it gets you killed.” Regan stated, earning a nod from the platinum-blonde. 
“Where’s David – your David?” Selena asked, then clarified. 
“He’s unpacking. You said it was Friday, right?”

Selena nodded. “Friday evening. Where clothing you can run in.”
“Run in?” Regan asked. “You planning some big shin-dig?”
“I’ll explain later.” Selena promised. “Just trust me on this and whatever else happens.”
“Well THAT’S comforting.” Regan laughed as they heard the sound of steps approaching.

Turning, Selena spied the rest of the group joining them at the bottom go the hill. Deanna held Amiliah in her arms and Gerda stood close to David, holding his hand. Elsianna moved close to stand by Selena.

“Well...” Selena smiled at all of them. “Let’s get everyone settled in. I’m sure Gunther has everyone’s rooms expertly picked out.”

The Royal Letter

Dear SCW and True Believers,

I know it has been some weeks since I have sat down and written a letter of any kind – and it's only been recently that I've posted anything on my twitter. I wish I could give the reasons for my absence during the hiatus of SCW as it prepared for it's “new season” but... I'll just say my personal life needed some attention. 

I won't lie, True Believers, that while I missed all of you and the adrenaline and joy that comes with being part of the wonderful world that is the SCW Universe, I must confess that the time off did give me some needed time to think. In between dealing with my aforementioned “personal life”, I found myself able to do that a lot. 

Think.

I thought about all of you, and I thought about SCW and I thought about the future. Because, as I said, we are starting a brand new season for SCW! The beginning of season 17! For some, the slates have been cleaned and for others, a new adventure has already begun, with their fates tied in contenderships or rivalries that RTG has ignited. That's the joy of Rise to Greatness, the ripple-effects it has on all of us. I'll wager many of you are still talking about it over a month later! Tweeting about it, even! And you all should be! I mean, what a hell of a night! 

For me... and my thinking... I must confess that I went through a wave of emotions when it came to SCW. And I won't deny it, I left Rise to Greatness feeling surprised, yes – but mostly, proud. That walk back up the ramp, that smile I had, that was all real. Because I could not have asked for a more defining moment for my RTG history. 

I'm not ashamed that it was one of the shortest matches of the night – easily one of the shortest in my career - and I'm not ashamed that it wasn't the bloodbath that Xander Valentine was gunning for it to be. No, to me, this was the perfect way to deal with that bastard. I know that's not a good word to use, but I have no better word to define him! Because this was NEVER about “showing off” or “outshining” someone like Xander wanted to believe. 

What was it you said, Xander? All these months? That we had “stolen” your spot – your mantle – as this iconic wrestler? That I, personally, had taken your mantle as “The Face of SCW”? 

Maybe I did. I didn't ask for that name to be given to me. It was placed on my shoulders, first by Shawn Winters and then by everyone else – to the point that Sienna and Syren were trying to steal it by adding an adjective to it...

Actually... that was when it was all kinda real for me – with Sienna saying she was “The True Face of SCW” and Syren screaming that she was “The REAL Face of SCW”. It reminded me how Sienna tried to take Kelcey Wallace's nickname with a similar trick – if they wanted the name that badly... I guess there must have been some validation to me having it, am I right? They were so ruffled that I had the name that they were trying to take it with a slight change...

But then again, I didn't have to change anything about it. Unlike them, and unlike you, I didn't just throw a fancy word or name to it. I just proved it – I didn't have to smash buses and I didn't have to beat up employees or non-wrestlers or board members, did I, Xander? With that name, I proved it the way YOU should have been proving it. In that ring, every night, in front of the entire world!! 

And last month, at Rise to Greatness? I exposed you, Xander! That's right. I exposed you for what you really are! A damn coward! I told you that you could be stronger than me, faster than me, it didn't matter! What I had that you lacked was the heart to keep going! To face any and all fears and keep fighting until there was no breath in my body! It's like that old saying goes, Xander: “It isn't the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.”

Because, there's no denying it! I brought you down in minutes, Xander! Yes, I'm damn proud of that! Me! The “fake”! Selena “the thief”! Selena “the unworthy”! The Snow Queen – the Winter's Knight – that you have “no respect for”. You didn't “choose to fight another day”. You didn't choose to “walk away” because I wasn't worth your time. No, Xander. You lost because I beat you to the point that you couldn't get up!

Well, what now, Xander? What do you say to what happened in Texas? You going to hide behind an excuse like Bree or Casterillo? You going to bark and snap at me before trying your “tricks” all over again? 

Or are you going to finally get it? Are you going to realize that there are consequences when you deal with MY family in SCW? Rise to Greatness, as I said weeks and weeks ago, was about holding you accountable and putting you in your place! You thought you could rampage through here unchecked? Scorch the earth rather than earn your name in the ring? I said, “no”. I said that you would pay. 

And again, after all these weeks, I say “no”, Xander. And now, every time you even THINK about attacking someone like my wife or my mentors or my friends or my family again – you're going to remember that moment of sitting there in the ring, feeling the pain of those kicks. Feeling that shock and humiliation – yes! Humiliation, Xander! - that I can, and did, knock you out! 

And mess with my family again? I can, and will, do it again!

Hopefully, True Believers, that will be enough for the old windbag to actually give a damn about this sport and earn his rank the right way - back in the ring. Still, where does that leaves me? I just don't really know. I mean, what do you follow such a moment up with next? How are we, my friends, going to start this new season of SCW?

I mean, I could go after Giovanni Aries, finish that unfinished business, perhaps – but according to his Twitter, he's taken his ball and gone home to the Wonderland. Gone the way of Vixen Cain, I think, thanks to James Evans. Anyway, he's not booked to show up tonight or the near future. 

There's always the United States Title – and you all know I've been itching to get that title back. I still am. I loved being United States Champion and defending it every match I had, stressful as that was – the title deserved nothing less. But, here's the thing: Asher Hayes has a choice to become either the Adrenaline or United States number one contender – a choice he has not made yet. So, I want him to make that call first before I start stating any “wishes” or give any “indications” or where I want to go in that regard.

Besides... Maybe I go in a different direction, hmmm? Maybe I go for a different title – something I've kinda been eyeing out of the corner of my eye for awhile...something that I wish I could have done years ago, but never had the chance – something that is rather... hard to believe?

Or maybe I just repeat history, eh? Two years ago around this time, I won the world title from Ace Marshall – shocking the world and ending Marshall's reign the very first show of the new season. Maybe I do that. Between Alistaire and I – the last time he and I faced, I beat him clean in the middle of the ring. That isn't taking anything away from what he accomplished last month – gods know he damn well deserved that belt – but if I asked all of you to believe that I could beat Alistaire in the ring and, once more, become SCW World champion... would that be so far of a stretch? It certainly would be poetic justice considering it was partly him that cost me the World title not once, but twice...

I just don't know. I really don't. There are so many ways I could start this season – and I want to start it right. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Worrying about titles and history. Maybe I just need to go out there and wrestle – you know? The thing I love doing!

Maybe that's why I have this match coming up tonight. A match I can enjoy, start the season off with a smile on my face. Because I DO have a smile on my face. Because finally – FINALLY – I get to have none other than Cassidy Carter in the ring with me. 

Now, why does THAT make me smile? Well, that's easy, and I'm sure Cassidy will be able to figure it out just as easily, assuming she stops her shoe-shopping and sex-capades long enough to give me the time of day.

You remember, right, Carter? I just spoke about it – the history of two years ago? Well, just before that... Taking Hold of the Flame? Your man, Ace, and I were fighting for the win. One of us was going to Rise to Greatness? I was up on the turnbuckle and Ace was seeing stars? You came out of nowhere and threw me off the turnbuckle, effectively handing Ace the royale on a silver platter at the expense of my hard work and surviving the royale till that point?

Not going to lie, Cassidy, that left a mark on me emotionally. For me to be so close to something I've wanted for years – only to have a non-participant take it from me. Yeah, it hurt. And that ALONE would be reason enough for me to just want to tear into you inside this ring, but OH! It does NOT stop there, does it? Because then what happened when I faced Ace Marshall for the World title after RTG that year? You got involved AGAIN, didn't you? True, you failed, but it seemed that you just couldn't let Ace deal with me, could you? You kept wanting to get your cheap shots in here and there, didn't you?

And I could stop the story there and say “here comes the payback” but... nope. It doesn't end there. Two weeks or so later – Ace and I are locked in a damn cage! A match DESIGNED to prevent interference, and in you strut, and while I am wrestling Ace, you choke me with, what I assume was, panties of some kind. Through the bars and whatever. 

I actually could go on and talk about the last match Ace and I fought – the Elimination Chamber – in which you also got involved, but I think “choking with panties” is enough of a closing statement. See, Cassidy, you played the role of “valet” with those attacks and hid behind, declaring that you would not wrestle at that time – but were more than happy to cheapshot me time and time again, And because I don't play that game, I could not get even with you. I would be a hypocrite if I attacked a non-wrestler like you, Ace...and Xander... have done. So, while I made Ace Marshall pay for all of that... I never really made you pay for your part in that history...

But it seems that my belief – that “actions have consequences” - can still ring true. And though it may have taken two damn years... here we are.... me – a wrestler – and you – a wrestler.

I have to be honest, Cassidy, I am so excited about this. Scratch that! I'm THRILLED about this! This is like winning the United States Title! To have some closure and FINALLY get my hands on you for what you did to me. All you took from me – all you cheated me out of...

I mean – if you could see the smile on my face, Cassidy! And yes, that's me smiling while knowing that you're going to get more than a few good shots in on me. You wouldn't have been a wrestler this long, with winning the Television title, without being able to do that. 

But let me remind you of something, Cassidy. You're facing the woman that took everything Xander could throw at her, got back up, and knocked him out. The woman that made him accountable for his actions.

And that... that is exactly what I am going to do to you, Cassidy. I'm finally going to make you accountable for your actions from all those years ago. And before you go on about “plans” and “ideas”, you can spare me the details. I am sure you've got something in mind with Ace to try and survive me – yeah, it doesn't matter. I survived ambushes before. I'll survive what you throw at me...

But tonight? I can guarantee you that, whether this match is ten minutes or ten seconds, you are going to have one thought cross your mind over and over again. It will be a thought that sticks in your head from the second the bell rings, all the way throughout the match, and even as you walk up – or are carried up – the ramp and to the back when it's over.

I shouldn't have pissed that woman off...

Believe it, Cassidy! And believe that I am going to start this new season the best possible way... loving my job!

Sincerely,

Selena Michelle Frost
“The Face of SCW”