Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Jake Starr vs. Goddard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Tuesday, September 3, 2019
OOC Note: I am going to post a formatted version of this one below, but will leave this one so there is no concerns on wording changes or anything.  Also all characters used with permission from the handlers.

====================================================

//There is one weekend a year that brings all of the fans and competitors in my industry together, all to put on the greatest show imaginable.  It’s our “all star game,” but it actually matters.  And this would be the night that, one year prior, had marked an exit and disappearance that nobody could explain or understand, minus my lack of success rate.

For me, this year marked a year where I walked into this weekend as a blank canvas.  I had no preconceived notions or ideas, I had no agenda, I was there to enjoy myself and all of the festivities that took place.

And I did.

On the penultimate night of the weekends grand event, I got to watch one of my closest friends be gifted with an honor he’s earned throughout the course of his career.  Better yet, I got to be part of the ceremony to recognize his achievements.  It was a night where I felt like this shadow chasing me was held back by the positivity and “brotherhood” that surrounded me and the whole situation.  None of us were going to let darkness reign down on his moment.  None of us were going to let me be selfish and find a way to allow my demons to take away from his happiness.  It was his moment, and we got to be blessed to share it with him.

The next night was a little different.  I say that because it was the last night I was seen before word spread that I tried to off myself.  It was the night many reflected on and wondered “what could I have done?”  Hell, it was a couple weeks back my friend confronted me about it, and asked the questions many were curious about.  And honestly, I knew he was speaking for many when he did so.  So I knew a lot of eyes would be on me.  People would wonder what I could and couldn’t handle, wonder if the magnitude would be too much, and if I shat myself in front of millions, how would I react then?  The truth is, all of those questions were valid and I expected a lot of eyes on me.  I had brought it on myself.  Hell even those who didn’t care for me as much, I could feel their eyes looking my way.  But like I said, I brought it on myself and deserved it.

In all reality it didn’t bother me that much.  As I’ve been recovering I’ve known I would have people concerned, curious, and judgmental.  I had to accept that I couldn’t control them, and just let it roll off my back.  And I have, and will continue to.  I mean; hell, I felt I put on one of the better performances of my career and showed the world I still have tricks up my sleeve, and walking backstage again it just felt like another day on the job.  I could feel some of the stares, but I just went about it like I would anything else.

Why?

Because I had something far more important to handle after everything was over anyway...\\

.:: As Rise to Greatness came to a close, many of the SCW talent began to wind down and allow the thousands of fans to evacuate the building and parking lot, so travel back to their hotels would be a little easier.  After about an hour and a half, some of the talent and staff not working on the breakdown of the stage and ring begin to make their exits to the parking garage set aside for them.  Two of those members are the happily married couple of Regan and David Helms.

Regan, coming off of a successful title defense against Datura, and David is coming off of a night where he got to witness his long time best friend be inducted into the Hall of Fame Class of 2019, an honor he has long deserved.  The two exit the arena, and cross the street to the parking garage.  They are saluted by a few of the cars still stuck in the tail end of traffic by horns honking, which prompts a wave by both individuals.

As the two enter the garage they take the elevator up to the top floor, where they parked.  As the elevator opens, their car is sitting there facing away from them, with a familiar figure sitting on the hood.  They both immediately recognize the figure as Jake Starr and while it's not completely strange, for Regan there is an immediate sense of uncomfortability.  Jake, hearing the elevator had turned around and saw the pair and hops off the hood and begins approaching the pair.  Regan immediately assumes he's there for David, and acts accordingly... ::.

Regan Street: I'll meet you at the car...

.:: Jake immediately jumps in. ::.

Jake Starr: Actually I wanted to talk to you...

.:: Hearing this perks the ears up of David, who knows the complete animosity that has been existent between the two throuhout their entire history together. ::.

David Helms: Excuse me?

Jake Starr: Yeah... I want to talk to Regan... One on one...

.:: David begins to feel uncomfortable. ::.

David Helms: Because that's not weird?

.:: Regan is also not "feeling the love." ::.

Regan Street: And what in God's name do you and I have to talk about, Jake?  I know I sure as hell have nothing to say to you...

Jake Starr: It's what I have to say to you... I'm not asking for us to run off somewhere secluded.  Walk with me over to the car, David you can stand right here and watch everything.  That way if anything gets out of sorts, you can interject and end it.

David Helms: Jake... What is this all about?

.:: Regan interjects. ::.

Regan Street: ... And David can be right here?

David Helms: Regan...?

Regan Street: He's piqued my curiosity...

Jake Starr: He can stop it at any time.

//I knew there would be a lot of animosity.  I knew that it would be hard for my friend's wife to be willing to even speak to me after everything we had been through.  We have  hated one another, effectively, since the day we met and the awkwardness of their marriage was one thing that never made either one of us comfortable.  For her, she knows how close he and I are, and I can imagine it was something they have discussed, and I know that I worried she was going to ultimately drive a wedge between our friendship, which ultimately never happened on either side.  It still didn't stop the two of us from hurling angry messages one another's way over time.\\

David Helms: Jake, I don't know about this, man... Can we do this some other time?

Jake Starr: I'd rather get this out of the way now... But I won't force it on you both...

Regan Street: I can handle Jake...

.:: she looks him in the eye. ::.

Regan Street: ... It's not like he's ever been able to stop me from doing so before...

.:: She smirks. ::.

Jake Starr: Then do you mind if we step over here?

Regan Street: I guess... Let's get this over with...

.:: The two walk over toward Regan's car, and she wastes no time wanting to get this "talk" out of the way. ::.

Regan Street: Alright, Jake, what in the fuck is this about?

Jake Starr: We need to talk...

Regan Street: No shit, this whole scene gave me that idea...

Jake Starr: The fact is you and I have never liked one another.  We've each taken things to extremes we probably shouldn't have, and, honestly, I think it's time we bury the hatchet and move on...

.:: Regan begins to laugh, which confuses David, but let's him know whatever is being said isn't something she can't handle.  Plus she hasn't swung at Jake yet, and he's already surprised and impressed it's lasted this long. ::.

Jake Starr: ... And I...

.:: Regan interrupts. ::.

Regan Street: Jake... Fucking stop, right there.  I'm not here to be part of your grand apology tour because you feel bad about yourself and what you did.  The fact is, dumbass, you should feel bad for it.  You fucking made one of the dumbest decisions anyone could make.  I am not going to let you use me as some way to make YOURSELF feel better because YOU feel fucking GUILTY, and RIGHTFULLY so...

Jake Starr: I'm not trying to use you as a member of my "apology tour."  I'm not "using you" for anything.

Regan Street: Bullshit Jake... You feel bad, and you're trying to atone for all of these sins you've had.

Jake Starr: Fuck you, Regan... The fact is I wanted to talk to you because of that man standing behind you.

.:: Regan becomes a bit confused. ::.

Jake Starr: ... Exactly... I'm not here asking for your forgiveness about everything I've said, or asking that we send each other Christmas cards.  I'm asking that you and I think bury the fucking hatchet because it's tearing him apart inside, and we both know it!

Regan Street: Tearing him apart?  TEARING him apart?  Jake, how in the HELL would you know what is tearing him apart inside?

.:: David hears Regan amping up and decides to interject before it gets too heated. ::.

David Helms: ... Alright I think...

.:: Regan interrupts. ::.

Regan Street: Get your ass back over there, David...

David Helms: Well alright...

.:: David spins around and walks back to where he was, as Regan turns back to Jake. ::.

Regan Street: ... You have no fucking clue what has torn him apart.  You disappeared and tried to KILL yourself, and even after you got better you didn't ONCE reach out to him to try and let him know you were even alive.  He basically had to read TMZ and dirt sheets HOPING to find out information on you.  You didn't reach out ONCE!  Do you realize what THAT did to him?  Do you realize how upset I had to see him?  Do you realize how much pain you put him through?  The answer is NO, Jake.  You don't know ANY of that.  You alienated your best fucking friend, and put pain inside him that NOBODY deserves.  Do you really think that I hate you so much, right now, because of SCW?  Fuck SCW.  I hate you because you made my husband, your best friend, or supposed best friend, hurt like I haven't seen him hurt.

Jake Starr: And yeah, why do you think I want to bury the hatchet with you first?  Why do you think I'm not just trying to apologize like crazy to him?  There are more people here who deserve apologies and the fact is we both matter to him.  And, yeah, I include SCW because it's been the cornerstone of why we have been at each other's throats.  But the fact is yeah, I know I fucked up on multiple instances.  Yeah I know I have a lot to atone for.  No I'm not asking you to make a decision now, or even this week, this month, whenever.  I'm asking you to make it on your time.  I want us to be able to be around one another and THAT GUY OVER THERE not be uncomfortable.  We don't have to be best friends.  We don't have to be friends.  But he deserves to have everyone who truly matters in his life not threatening to kill one another.  And as for SCW, our paths cross, it's business.  It's different.  Things are no longer personal for me.  All I'm asking is you give it a thought.  Think about him.  That's what I'm doing.  I'm not doing this for me.  I'm doing this for him.  I'm realizing my actions hurt others, yes.  But not just my selfish decision.  Other decisions as welll.

.:: Regan stands there silently. ::.

Jake Starr: Like I said, I'm not asking for you to decide tonight.  I just wanted to talk to you one on one.  I felt you were the one who deserved me showing her the right amount of respect to address with this with.  You don't have to say anything else.  I'm heading out...

.:: Jake nods at Regan, and over her shoulder at David, and nods again.  He turns and walks away without any further incident or comment.  David, seeing Jake leaving, approaches Regan concerned and confused. ::.

David Helms: What was that about?

Regan Street: You know... I don't quite know.  I don't know if he was being genuine or being "Jake Starr."  So I'm just... You know, fuck it, let's just go...

David Helms: You want to talk?

Regan Street: Honestly not really...

//I don't know how it all went over in her head.  I don't know how she felt.  I just know how I felt.  I knew she and I were pulling him in multiple directions when we would clash.  Our clashes weren't just professional, but personal.  I wanted the personal clashes to end.  She and I could handle business clashes.  We are professionals in that regard, but we had allowed things to sink to personal levels nothing like what we do should sink.

As I walked away, I hoped I explained myself and my purpose well.  I hope it was at least heard and considered.  I also hope she realized my goal of putting it on her timeline was legitimate.  She deserves the right to think about what I said and assess it as best as she can and needs to in order to decide how she wants to proceed.  I have laid my desires out there, and now it's on her shoulders to consider, ponder, and reach out to me when she has made her decisions.\\

===========================

.:: The scene opens in a bit of a strange way.  Jake Starr is seen laying on a carpet with shrubberies and leafy greens all over them.  He is dressed as a Roman God and being fanned by two girls dressed in Greek clothing, fanning him.  Jake has no clue of the difference.  Another woman begins feeding him grapes.  The camera slowly zooms in on Jake, and he turns and acts surprised.  It's as if he thought he was alone. ::.

Jake Starr: OH!  Fancy seeing you all here.  Welcome.  Welcome to my humble abode.  I do not believe you all have gotten to see me this soon after a victory.  But, since you have, let me show you what Jake Starr does after he wins.  He comes to this specific location and he does what he does best, he rests on his laurels.

.:: Jake presents his laurel carpet a-la Vanna White. ::.

I immediately go and assume that everything is going my way and nothing and nobody could ever change that.  It's such a life of luxury.  Being fanned in my climate controlled, 68 degree room, and being fed plastic grapes, so they never run out.  I found this to be the perfect celebration after a win I should have always won!

.:: The camera zooms in unnecessarily close and the shot gets blurry.  It is obvious that there a lot of people scurrying about and the colors are changing until everything turns still.  As the camera zooms out Jake Starr is now dressed more like his original look in SCW.  He cocks the eyebrow and against a backdrop of his old trainiing ring begins to talk again. ::.

.... But we all know the truth, don't we?  We all know who is ultimately in charge in this business.  It isn't about who you think you are in this organization.  It is about who you think you were in some other organization.  The fact is you can't go out there, on the grandest stage and pn the performance of your life, steal the show, and not even have a championship on the line.  Nobody in this business is as good as I am at doing that.  I've proved it in every place I've been.  I've been THE GUY in every organization I've blessed with my appearance... And it is no different here, now is it?

.:: After Jake finishes, he freezes and faces the camera.  Without trying to be obvious he mutters, "have you zoomed in yet," only to a faint "oh shit" be heard, as it zooms in on Jake as before.  This initiates another scurrying about, and it's obvious another set change is occurring.  As it completes, the camera zooms out to Jake in a suit from the waist up, behind his "podium" where he's delivered his "State of SCW Addresses" from. ::.

My fellow SCW'ers... What you witnessed the other night was pure greatness.  SCW should be proud of itself for putting on such an amazing spectacle, and giving me an opportunity to showcase my talents, even at this age.  Shows the ladies that you don't need a cigar to still work your magic downstairs, amirite?  Yeah I see you over there... Light it up... Now as for where SCW goes from here, it's simple.  Jake Starr, INSERT TITLE HERE, and a match as soon as possible.  Why?  Because think of everything I've done in SCW.  I have a resume that about as perfect of a report card as you can get.  I've done it all.  I'm the first TRUE Supreme Champion, for crying out loud, and hey, let's be real, Jake Starr is the last guy to defeat that Allocco kid for the World Championship...

.:: The camera zooms in one last time for a complete set change.  As the set comes back into view there is a wall made out of children's cardboard bricks that Jake comes smashing through wearing a doctor's coat and holding a stick in his hand.  Behind Jake is a lot of symbols and math-looking equations. ::.

And if you didn't think that was enough, I have figured out the one thing that eludes most superstars of SCW.  It's the one Holy Grail everyone in SCW seeks like Arthur for the Chalice of Jebus himself.  I've figured out the FORMULA to win here.  That's right.  It's easy and once you do it once, you repeat that formula over and over again until it just becomes, "oh it's just another Jake Starr comedic piece."

.:: Jake freezes, and assumes they've gone to black. ::.

... Alright so how did everyone thing that went?

.:: From the production booth Brandon Evans can be heard calling down. ::.

Brandon Evans: Umm... Haven't we basically done this promo since you've come back?

.:: Jake looks confused. ::.

Jake Starr: Huh?

Brandon Evans: Yeah, umm, haven't we been mocking a lot of your steretypes in like every promo you've done?  Don't you think that's getting, as you would say, formulaic and hacky?

.:: Jake thinks, and begins to nod. ::.

Jake Starr: Huh I think you're right... Glad we're not live online yet for anyone to hear me say that...

Brandon Evans: Umm what do you mean we're not live?  I thought we were doing this in one go?  I hit liv before you started orally treating the fake grapes.

Jake Starr: What?

.:: Jake's eyes go wide and he quickly ditches the doctor's coat and throws the stick aside. ::.

QUICK GO TO A NEUTRAL BACKGROUND!

.:: Brandon frantically hits buttons and behind Jake begins to flash several stock backgrounds before Brandon lands on one that looks like a postcade of Delaware.  Jake looks at his monitor and just shakes his head. ::.

... Hi... I'm in Delaware...

.:: Brandon finally just turns the chromakey background into a faded blend of colors as standard, and looking up Jake sees it and realizes now he probably should talk. ::.

Well Hi... So I guess you all saw that, huh?  Well, I hope you got a chuckle at least because this tells me why I don't bring Brandon to live shoots anymore.  But regardless, I tried, yes, to poke fun at the stereotypes, and yeah I knew I had done it a number of times already.  But I wanted to do it because honestly, if you look at all of that, it's what I kept going back to the well to do.  Everytime I would slip up, I would dig up one of those gimmicks.  I wouldn't ever learn.  I wouldn't ever evolve.  It's been my message since coming back.

I'm the old dog who is here to learn new tricks.

Now the old me would be laughing up what SCW has done since I've come back.  They've thrown me, what I would used to consider, chum, and I would get annoyed.  But even back then that wasn't their intent.  That wasn't their goal.  They were throwing new guys at me for both of our sakes.  The new guy got to face the legend, and the legend got the chance to say, "not today, kid."  Again, SCW is doing that, but this time I'm grateful.  I'm grateful for not knowing these guys.  I'm grateful for a match at Rise to Greatness against someone I could barely find film on because it made me have to bring everything I had, just in case.

The best part of it all, yes, was the victory.  Why?  Because I had been on a slide at Rise to Greatness, as of late.  The event I dominated was dominating me.  And I finally, FINALLY, got that losing taste out of my mouth.  And hats off to that kid.  He brought the fight and I think he could be someone to watch down the road, but enough of the pleasantries and kind words, and let's get back to business.

Goddard. you're next in line.

Now you're another I could stand here and repeat what I have as of late about being someone I don't know, someone who may have an edge based on knowledge of me versus the other way around, et cetera.  Or I could say now that Rise to Greatness is out of the way, you're truly the first step on my journey back to the top of the ladder.  You see, Jake Starr didn't come back for a farewell tour, or to just be one of those nostalgic views to SCW's past, no, I came back to prove myself AGAIN.  It's something I did once when I surprised the world and beat Syren, and then again when I beat Allocco inside the Chamber.  I've been the man of surprises left and right and dammit I know for a fucking fact I can do it again.

That's why Goddard, you're not just another newbie to me or maybe SCW as a whole, I dunno, but that makes you now a target.  You're no stepping stone.  Nobody in this business is anymore.  Thinking that lost me how many titles here?  Seriously?  And I haven't lost since I came back so if this trend continues, guess what?  It means a vidtory over you MEANT something.  It wasn't just something I can pass off as unimportant.  It means something.  It means something to me.  It means I'm being tasked with going out there and fighting for my life if I want ANY respect.  Every win, every match, every one of those rebuilds my respect here.  No matter who that opponent is, they become a chapter in Jake Starr's road to true redemption.

I'm not writing you off, man.  No, I'm considering you a big money victory for me if I pull it off, and if I pull it off I plan on doing so in a little bit of a different way.  It'll prove an old dog can learn a new trick or two, and most importantly it's going to send a message company wide.  Yeah, I have a reputation.  Yeah I've mocked my own faults.  But all of those things people rag on me about and I joke about were parts of a legacy that built SCW, and I'm not ashamed of them.  Would I like to have done some things different here or there, sure.  Am I proud of everything I did or said?  No.  But who is?  Regardless, it has led to this roster, my coworkers, this company, recognizing me as one of its legends.  And while the old me would go out there and try and re-enact my old legacy, that's not who I am now.  Yeah, I'm a Social Misfit, big whoop.  Yeah I'm the first guy to complete the Supreme Championship and then add on the Television Title, so what?  How does that help me now?  It doesn't.  What helps me now is going out there and showing the world that with age may come a change in HOW I have to win, but never changes the fact IF I can win.

So Goddard... Watch that film, buddy.  The Legacy Edition Jake Starr is gone and the rEvolution has begun!
There is one weekend a year that brings all of the fans and competitors in my industry together, all to put on the greatest show imaginable.  It’s our “all star game,” but it actually matters.  And this would be the night that, one year prior, had marked an exit and disappearance that nobody could explain or understand, minus my lack of success rate.

For me, this year marked a year where I walked into this weekend as a blank canvas.  I had no preconceived notions or ideas, I had no agenda, I was there to enjoy myself and all of the festivities that took place.

And I did.

On the penultimate night of the weekends grand event, I got to watch one of my closest friends be gifted with an honor he’s earned throughout the course of his career.  Better yet, I got to be part of the ceremony to recognize his achievements.  It was a night where I felt like this shadow chasing me was held back by the positivity and “brotherhood” that surrounded me and the whole situation.  None of us were going to let darkness reign down on his moment.  None of us were going to let me be selfish and find a way to allow my demons to take away from his happiness.  It was his moment, and we got to be blessed to share it with him.

The next night was a little different.  I say that because it was the last night I was seen before word spread that I tried to off myself.  It was the night many reflected on and wondered “what could I have done?”  Hell, it was a couple weeks back my friend confronted me about it, and asked the questions many were curious about.  And honestly, I knew he was speaking for many when he did so.  So I knew a lot of eyes would be on me.  People would wonder what I could and couldn’t handle, wonder if the magnitude would be too much, and if I shat myself in front of millions, how would I react then?  The truth is, all of those questions were valid and I expected a lot of eyes on me.  I had brought it on myself.  Hell even those who didn’t care for me as much, I could feel their eyes looking my way.  But like I said, I brought it on myself and deserved it.

In all reality it didn’t bother me that much.  As I’ve been recovering I’ve known I would have people concerned, curious, and judgmental.  I had to accept that I couldn’t control them, and just let it roll off my back.  And I have, and will continue to.  I mean; hell, I felt I put on one of the better performances of my career and showed the world I still have tricks up my sleeve, and walking backstage again it just felt like another day on the job.  I could feel some of the stares, but I just went about it like I would anything else.

Why?

Because I had something far more important to handle after everything was over anyway...

As Rise to Greatness came to a close, many of the SCW talent began to wind down and allow the thousands of fans to evacuate the building and parking lot, so travel back to their hotels would be a little easier.  After about an hour and a half, some of the talent and staff not working on the breakdown of the stage and ring begin to make their exits to the parking garage set aside for them.  Two of those members are the happily married couple of Regan and David Helms.

Regan, coming off of a successful title defense against Datura, and David is coming off of a night where he got to witness his long time best friend be inducted into the Hall of Fame Class of 2019, an honor he has long deserved.  The two exit the arena, and cross the street to the parking garage.  They are saluted by a few of the cars still stuck in the tail end of traffic by horns honking, which prompts a wave by both individuals.

As the two enter the garage they take the elevator up to the top floor, where they parked.  As the elevator opens, their car is sitting there facing away from them, with a familiar figure sitting on the hood.  They both immediately recognize the figure as Jake Starr and while it's not completely strange, for Regan there is an immediate sense of uncomfortability.  Jake, hearing the elevator had turned around and saw the pair and hops off the hood and begins approaching the pair.  Regan immediately assumes he's there for David, and acts accordingly...

Regan Helms: I'll meet you at the car...

Jake immediately jumps in.

Jake Starr: Actually I wanted to talk to you...

Hearing this perks the ears up of David, who knows the complete animosity that has been existent between the two throuhout their entire history together.

David Helms: Excuse me?

Jake Starr: Yeah... I want to talk to Regan... One on one...

David begins to feel uncomfortable.

David Helms: Because that's not weird?

Regan is also not "feeling the love."

Regan Helms: And what in God's name do you and I have to talk about, Jake?  I know I sure as hell have nothing to say to you...

Jake Starr: It's what I have to say to you... I'm not asking for us to run off somewhere secluded.  Walk with me over to the car, David you can stand right here and watch everything.  That way if anything gets out of sorts, you can interject and end it.

David Helms: Jake... What is this all about?

Regan interjects.

Regan Helms: ... And David can be right here?

David Helms: Regan...?

Regan Helms: He's piqued my curiosity...

Jake Starr: He can stop it at any time.

I knew there would be a lot of animosity.  I knew that it would be hard for my friend's wife to be willing to even speak to me after everything we had been through.  We have  hated one another, effectively, since the day we met and the awkwardness of their marriage was one thing that never made either one of us comfortable.  For her, she knows how close he and I are, and I can imagine it was something they have discussed, and I know that I worried she was going to ultimately drive a wedge between our friendship, which ultimately never happened on either side.  It still didn't stop the two of us from hurling angry messages one another's way over time.

David Helms: Jake, I don't know about this, man... Can we do this some other time?

Jake Starr: I'd rather get this out of the way now... But I won't force it on you both...

Regan Helms: I can handle Jake...

she looks him in the eye.

Regan Helms: ... It's not like he's ever been able to stop me from doing so before...

She smirks.

Jake Starr: Then do you mind if we step over here?

Regan Helms: I guess... Let's get this over with...

The two walk over toward Regan's car, and she wastes no time wanting to get this "talk" out of the way.

Regan Helms: Alright, Jake, what in the fuck is this about?

Jake Starr: We need to talk...

Regan Helms: No shit, this whole scene gave me that idea...

Jake Starr: The fact is you and I have never liked one another.  We've each taken things to extremes we probably shouldn't have, and, honestly, I think it's time we bury the hatchet and move on...

Regan begins to laugh, which confuses David, but let's him know whatever is being said isn't something she can't handle.  Plus she hasn't swung at Jake yet, and he's already surprised and impressed it's lasted this long.

Jake Starr: ... And I...

Regan interrupts.

Regan Helms: Jake... Fucking stop, right there.  I'm not here to be part of your grand apology tour because you feel bad about yourself and what you did.  The fact is, dumbass, you should feel bad for it.  You fucking made one of the dumbest decisions anyone could make.  I am not going to let you use me as some way to make YOURSELF feel better because YOU feel fucking GUILTY, and RIGHTFULLY so...

Jake Starr: I'm not trying to use you as a member of my "apology tour."  I'm not "using you" for anything.

Regan Helms: Bullshit Jake... You feel bad, and you're trying to atone for all of these sins you've had.

Jake Starr: Fuck you, Regan... The fact is I wanted to talk to you because of that man standing behind you.

Regan becomes a bit confused.

Jake Starr: ... Exactly... I'm not here asking for your forgiveness about everything I've said, or asking that we send each other Christmas cards.  I'm asking that you and I think bury the fucking hatchet because it's tearing him apart inside, and we both know it!

Regan Helms: Tearing him apart?  TEARING him apart?  Jake, how in the HELL would you know what is tearing him apart inside?

David hears Regan amping up and decides to interject before it gets too heated.

David Helms: ... Alright I think...

Regan interrupts.

Regan Helms: Get your ass back over there, David...

David Helms: Well alright...

David spins around and walks back to where he was, as Regan turns back to Jake.

Regan Helms: ... You have no fucking clue what has torn him apart.  You disappeared and tried to KILL yourself, and even after you got better you didn't ONCE reach out to him to try and let him know you were even alive.  He basically had to read TMZ and dirt sheets HOPING to find out information on you.  You didn't reach out ONCE!  Do you realize what THAT did to him?  Do you realize how upset I had to see him?  Do you realize how much pain you put him through?  The answer is NO, Jake.  You don't know ANY of that.  You alienated your best fucking friend, and put pain inside him that NOBODY deserves.  Do you really think that I hate you so much, right now, because of SCW?  Fuck SCW.  I hate you because you made my husband, your best friend, or supposed best friend, hurt like I haven't seen him hurt.

Jake Starr: And yeah, why do you think I want to bury the hatchet with you first?  Why do you think I'm not just trying to apologize like crazy to him?  There are more people here who deserve apologies and the fact is we both matter to him.  And, yeah, I include SCW because it's been the cornerstone of why we have been at each other's throats.  But the fact is yeah, I know I fucked up on multiple instances.  Yeah I know I have a lot to atone for.  No I'm not asking you to make a decision now, or even this week, this month, whenever.  I'm asking you to make it on your time.  I want us to be able to be around one another and THAT GUY OVER THERE not be uncomfortable.  We don't have to be best friends.  We don't have to be friends.  But he deserves to have everyone who truly matters in his life not threatening to kill one another.  And as for SCW, our paths cross, it's business.  It's different.  Things are no longer personal for me.  All I'm asking is you give it a thought.  Think about him.  That's what I'm doing.  I'm not doing this for me.  I'm doing this for him.  I'm realizing my actions hurt others, yes.  But not just my selfish decision.  Other decisions as welll.

Regan stands there silently.

Jake Starr: Like I said, I'm not asking for you to decide tonight.  I just wanted to talk to you one on one.  I felt you were the one who deserved me showing her the right amount of respect to address with this with.  You don't have to say anything else.  I'm heading out...

Jake nods at Regan, and over her shoulder at David, and nods again.  He turns and walks away without any further incident or comment.  David, seeing Jake leaving, approaches Regan concerned and confused.

David Helms: What was that about?

Regan Helms: You know... I don't quite know.  I don't know if he was being genuine or being "Jake Starr."  So I'm just... You know, fuck it, let's just go...

David Helms: You want to talk?

Regan Helms: Honestly not really...

I don't know how it all went over in her head.  I don't know how she felt.  I just know how I felt.  I knew she and I were pulling him in multiple directions when we would clash.  Our clashes weren't just professional, but personal.  I wanted the personal clashes to end.  She and I could handle business clashes.  We are professionals in that regard, but we had allowed things to sink to personal levels nothing like what we do should sink.

As I walked away, I hoped I explained myself and my purpose well.  I hope it was at least heard and considered.  I also hope she realized my goal of putting it on her timeline was legitimate.  She deserves the right to think about what I said and assess it as best as she can and needs to in order to decide how she wants to proceed.  I have laid my desires out there, and now it's on her shoulders to consider, ponder, and reach out to me when she has made her decisions.

===========================

The scene opens in a bit of a strange way.  Jake Starr is seen laying on a carpet with shrubberies and leafy greens all over them.  He is dressed as a Roman God and being fanned by two girls dressed in Greek clothing, fanning him.  Jake has no clue of the difference.  Another woman begins feeding him grapes.  The camera slowly zooms in on Jake, and he turns and acts surprised.  It's as if he thought he was alone.

Jake Starr: OH!  Fancy seeing you all here.  Welcome.  Welcome to my humble abode.  I do not believe you all have gotten to see me this soon after a victory.  But, since you have, let me show you what Jake Starr does after he wins.  He comes to this specific location and he does what he does best, he rests on his laurels.

Jake presents his laurel carpet a-la Vanna White.

I immediately go and assume that everything is going my way and nothing and nobody could ever change that.  It's such a life of luxury.  Being fanned in my climate controlled, 68 degree room, and being fed plastic grapes, so they never run out.  I found this to be the perfect celebration after a win I should have always won!

The camera zooms in unnecessarily close and the shot gets blurry.  It is obvious that there a lot of people scurrying about and the colors are changing until everything turns still.  As the camera zooms out Jake Starr is now dressed more like his original look in SCW.  He cocks the eyebrow and against a backdrop of his old trainiing ring begins to talk again.

.... But we all know the truth, don't we?  We all know who is ultimately in charge in this business.  It isn't about who you think you are in this organization.  It is about who you think you were in some other organization.  The fact is you can't go out there, on the grandest stage and pn the performance of your life, steal the show, and not even have a championship on the line.  Nobody in this business is as good as I am at doing that.  I've proved it in every place I've been.  I've been THE GUY in every organization I've blessed with my appearance... And it is no different here, now is it?

After Jake finishes, he freezes and faces the camera.  Without trying to be obvious he mutters, "have you zoomed in yet," only to a faint "oh shit" be heard, as it zooms in on Jake as before.  This initiates another scurrying about, and it's obvious another set change is occurring.  As it completes, the camera zooms out to Jake in a suit from the waist up, behind his "podium" where he's delivered his "State of SCW Addresses" from.

My fellow SCW'ers... What you witnessed the other night was pure greatness.  SCW should be proud of itself for putting on such an amazing spectacle, and giving me an opportunity to showcase my talents, even at this age.  Shows the ladies that you don't need a cigar to still work your magic downstairs, amirite?  Yeah I see you over there... Light it up... Now as for where SCW goes from here, it's simple.  Jake Starr, INSERT TITLE HERE, and a match as soon as possible.  Why?  Because think of everything I've done in SCW.  I have a resume that about as perfect of a report card as you can get.  I've done it all.  I'm the first TRUE Supreme Champion, for crying out loud, and hey, let's be real, Jake Starr is the last guy to defeat that Allocco kid for the World Championship...

The camera zooms in one last time for a complete set change.  As the set comes back into view there is a wall made out of children's cardboard bricks that Jake comes smashing through wearing a doctor's coat and holding a stick in his hand.  Behind Jake is a lot of symbols and math-looking equations.

And if you didn't think that was enough, I have figured out the one thing that eludes most superstars of SCW.  It's the one Holy Grail everyone in SCW seeks like Arthur for the Chalice of Jebus himself.  I've figured out the FORMULA to win here.  That's right.  It's easy and once you do it once, you repeat that formula over and over again until it just becomes, "oh it's just another Jake Starr comedic piece."

Jake freezes, and assumes they've gone to black.

... Alright so how did everyone thing that went?

From the production booth Brandon Evans can be heard calling down.

Brandon Evans: Umm... Haven't we basically done this promo since you've come back?

Jake looks confused.

Jake Starr: Huh?

Brandon Evans: Yeah, umm, haven't we been mocking a lot of your steretypes in like every promo you've done?  Don't you think that's getting, as you would say, formulaic and hacky?

Jake thinks, and begins to nod.

Jake Starr: Huh I think you're right... Glad we're not live online yet for anyone to hear me say that...

Brandon Evans: Umm what do you mean we're not live?  I thought we were doing this in one go?  I hit liv before you started orally treating the fake grapes.

Jake Starr: What?

Jake's eyes go wide and he quickly ditches the doctor's coat and throws the stick aside.

QUICK GO TO A NEUTRAL BACKGROUND!

Brandon frantically hits buttons and behind Jake begins to flash several stock backgrounds before Brandon lands on one that looks like a postcade of Delaware.  Jake looks at his monitor and just shakes his head.

... Hi... I'm in Delaware...

Brandon finally just turns the chromakey background into a faded blend of colors as standard, and looking up Jake sees it and realizes now he probably should talk.

Well Hi... So I guess you all saw that, huh?  Well, I hope you got a chuckle at least because this tells me why I don't bring Brandon to live shoots anymore.  But regardless, I tried, yes, to poke fun at the stereotypes, and yeah I knew I had done it a number of times already.  But I wanted to do it because honestly, if you look at all of that, it's what I kept going back to the well to do.  Everytime I would slip up, I would dig up one of those gimmicks.  I wouldn't ever learn.  I wouldn't ever evolve.  It's been my message since coming back.

I'm the old dog who is here to learn new tricks.

Now the old me would be laughing up what SCW has done since I've come back.  They've thrown me, what I would used to consider, chum, and I would get annoyed.  But even back then that wasn't their intent.  That wasn't their goal.  They were throwing new guys at me for both of our sakes.  The new guy got to face the legend, and the legend got the chance to say, "not today, kid."  Again, SCW is doing that, but this time I'm grateful.  I'm grateful for not knowing these guys.  I'm grateful for a match at Rise to Greatness against someone I could barely find film on because it made me have to bring everything I had, just in case.

The best part of it all, yes, was the victory.  Why?  Because I had been on a slide at Rise to Greatness, as of late.  The event I dominated was dominating me.  And I finally, FINALLY, got that losing taste out of my mouth.  And hats off to that kid.  He brought the fight and I think he could be someone to watch down the road, but enough of the pleasantries and kind words, and let's get back to business.

Goddard. you're next in line.

Now you're another I could stand here and repeat what I have as of late about being someone I don't know, someone who may have an edge based on knowledge of me versus the other way around, et cetera.  Or I could say now that Rise to Greatness is out of the way, you're truly the first step on my journey back to the top of the ladder.  You see, Jake Starr didn't come back for a farewell tour, or to just be one of those nostalgic views to SCW's past, no, I came back to prove myself AGAIN.  It's something I did once when I surprised the world and beat Syren, and then again when I beat Allocco inside the Chamber.  I've been the man of surprises left and right and dammit I know for a fucking fact I can do it again.

That's why Goddard, you're not just another newbie to me or maybe SCW as a whole, I dunno, but that makes you now a target.  You're no stepping stone.  Nobody in this business is anymore.  Thinking that lost me how many titles here?  Seriously?  And I haven't lost since I came back so if this trend continues, guess what?  It means a vidtory over you MEANT something.  It wasn't just something I can pass off as unimportant.  It means something.  It means something to me.  It means I'm being tasked with going out there and fighting for my life if I want ANY respect.  Every win, every match, every one of those rebuilds my respect here.  No matter who that opponent is, they become a chapter in Jake Starr's road to true redemption.

I'm not writing you off, man.  No, I'm considering you a big money victory for me if I pull it off, and if I pull it off I plan on doing so in a little bit of a different way.  It'll prove an old dog can learn a new trick or two, and most importantly it's going to send a message company wide.  Yeah, I have a reputation.  Yeah I've mocked my own faults.  But all of those things people rag on me about and I joke about were parts of a legacy that built SCW, and I'm not ashamed of them.  Would I like to have done some things different here or there, sure.  Am I proud of everything I did or said?  No.  But who is?  Regardless, it has led to this roster, my coworkers, this company, recognizing me as one of its legends.  And while the old me would go out there and try and re-enact my old legacy, that's not who I am now.  Yeah, I'm a Social Misfit, big whoop.  Yeah I'm the first guy to complete the Supreme Championship and then add on the Television Title, so what?  How does that help me now?  It doesn't.  What helps me now is going out there and showing the world that with age may come a change in HOW I have to win, but never changes the fact IF I can win.

So Goddard... Watch that film, buddy.  The Legacy Edition Jake Starr is gone and the rEvolution has begun!