Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Tommy Valentine vs. Casterillo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 RP Limit

Deadline: Noon ET Tuesday, September 17, 2019
THE BOOK OF CASTERILLO
Chapter 3:  Frustration

He is frustrated.

The look in his eyes always tells the story, but they burn the most when he has that aura of frustration about him.  Trust me everyone, I know.  I fear for you all.  I sense that the frustration will only go away once the eyes of your owner are fully opened.

Sadly it is all because she will not let him face Glory Braddock.  In the end it will show that her fear was not justified.  Not even just one tiny bit.  He has made it clear what his intentions are, and that he only wishes to help those who are naive and need to be taught lessons that will last a lifetime, lessons that will open their eyes.  Yet still she believes she is protecting her Glory.  All she's doing now is making things worse and delaying the inevitable.  He will find her.  It is only a matter of time.  As the clock ticks for now though, more and more victims will pile up.

Even I have been his victim before, and thanks to you Sasha I am one yet again, as he does not wish to spend time with me.  Me, the ONE being on this planet that actually cares for him.  I blame you for all that is about to happen.  While you concern yourself with Xander Valentine and his ladyfriend Artemis, your eyes will be blinded.  You yourself caused that situation, just like you have caused my Lawrence to become the most frustrated I have ever seen him.  It is only a matter of time before he tops the acts of Xander.

Consider this the final warning, and be happy that it comes from me verbally, instead of him physically.  Please, heed it.  Otherwise you will fall.

It is once again night outside and the room is dark, with only the shimmer of the crystal being visible.  Small cries can be heard, that of Shadron, that of the lady that cares about Casterillo.  After a bit they cease and she goes to where the crystal lays on the vanity.  Her saddened face illuminates as she leans down to look at it.  She softly places both of her hands on the crystal and closes her eyes.

Please do not fault me Lawrence.  I am not to blame.  Please come back to me tonight.  I told you I will be here for you, no matter what.  Thus I am.  Please.

Her eyes stay closed for a few more moments, until they suddenly bolt open.  They are not their normal bright green color, but instead almost steel.

Oh no.  He's going to hurt an innocent.  Reaching him is of the utmost importance!

Shadron mindlessly grabs one of the two room card keys on the vanity and runs right out the door, despite already being dressed for bed in just a long white night shirt, barefoot even.  She does not even wait for the elevator, but instead goes right for the staircase.  Even if the steps hurt her feet, she is not showing any pain.  She goes all the way down until the door that leads to the outside.  She pushes the crash bar open and just rushes into the cool outside air, ignoring the fact that the alarm has gone off in the hotel due to her using an emergency only exit.  Though this is clearly an emergency.

She runs as fast as her bare feet can carry her and as soon as she makes her first left, she sees him about to strike the random person that is walking in front of him.

Lawrence please don't do it!!!

His head snaps back and picks her out in the darkness.

He's innocent!  Please don't lose yourself just because of Glory and Sasha!!!

Even though it is completely dark out here, she can sense his irritation, but he lets the innocent go and the innocent flees the scene.  Shadron keeps walking to him, until she is right in his arm's reach.  She hugs him, tightly, which is when he reacts.

This cannot continue.  I need to be in control.  Sasha... must... GO!  Or at the very least give me what I have asked for.  She said she would be different than Katya and her father, but so far, she has been WORSE.  Forgive me?

Of course Lawrence.

She stops her embrace and looks up into his eyes.  As she does so hers are back to their normal bright green color.  To show that he is out of his trance that suddenly came over him, he extends his left hand.  Shadron immediately takes it and the two of them begin to walk in the darkness.  It is now though that Shadron can feel pain in her feet as she winces, but she sucks it up and walks with her companion, as much as he wants to, silently.  The two of them walk a long ways until they hear that the emergency alarm inside the hotel has been turned off and everyone has been allowed to go back inside.  Lawrence looks at her which makes Shadron blush, realizing now that she was the one responsible for it.

At least you care, just like I do.  But look, I am done giving warning shots.  If she has not received the message by now, there is nothing else that either you or I can do Shadron.  It is time for the pile of non-innocent bodies to build.  Kelsai was innocent so I let her go.  Tommy and Konrad however are not innocent, not one single bit.  It will come down to how I feel in the moment as to what happens to the two of them.

I know.  I understand that.  If you want, I will walk in ahead of you.

Thank you.  I will be in shortly.

Okay.

She nods at him and departs, her face still blushed, for quite a few reasons.  He watches her leave and the moment she enters the front entrance of the hotel to head back upstairs, his thoughts change focus to what lies ahead.

Frustration leads to anger.  Anger leads to making decisions, even if it may end up being a bad one.  Decisions lead to an end, and the ends justify the means.  The end that needs to happen is obvious, but until our "leader" realizes this, Supreme Championship Wrestling as a whole is in danger.  I am not here for petty victories, like the one that you believe I stole from you back on Taking Hold of the Flame weekend.  I merely took advantage of what was going on.  It was a decision I made and it got me exactly what I wanted, a spot that I should have had to begin with, a spot in the Taking Hold of the Flame battle royal.  I should not have had to jump through that hoop, but who am I kidding.  It was a hoop set up by Sasha, so that is nothing new. She probably still believes that I was aiding her sister in her endeavor to be the new boss in her father's stead.  That was never the case.  All I wanted at that point in time was to take down Damian Angel.  That was it.

And now I want to take down those whom I have unfinished business with.  It looks like you have signed on the dotted line, so this Wednesday night is your opportunity Tommy.  You believe I took something from you a few months back.  Here is your chance to try to get a little 1, 2, 3 victory on me which in the grand scheme of things will mean absolutely nothing.  I know you will see it as a reason to have special relations with Kandis, but you really should not.  In fact you should just be happy if you are walking after our encounter ends.

No matter how it ends, Sasha will NOT be pleased with the result.  You can thank her when you next see her., that is after Kandis is done spoon-feeding you, and probably even after Gavin Taylor finishes having his way with you, that is if I leave him any scraps.  With how frustrated I am right now, I do not, so your hopes and dreams of getting revenge on Gavin at Apocalypse are about to be put on hold.

Oh wait, they probably will not be because Sasha will probably throw 20 more security members at me, leaving none to stop Xander Valentine from getting to Selena Frost.  I will say this.  Sasha is so predictable, as are you Tommy.  I knew you would be upset after I pinned Alexis Quinne and advanced into the Taking Hold of the Flame battle royal, instead of you.  That is history now though, and this is the here and now.  Dry those tears and do what you believe you need to do in the ring against me this Wednesday.  But know this, it will not be good enough.

He begins walking back towards the hotel entrance now.

Nor will it be good enough for Konrad if he watches.  I know he will be.  I know how unhinged he is.  If he comes out he will feel the wrath of Casterillo too.  It will not be a thing of beauty.  It WILL be a thing that Sasha will have to realize that she caused to happen.  The Apocalypse begins now, with Sasha not ready for it, with Konrad not ready for it, and definitely YOU not ready for it, Tommy.

His head lowers a little bit as he has arrived back at the hotel.  He somberly heads back in and up the stairs for the night, definitely frustrated as ever, and ready to unleash that frustration on those who deserve to face it.
It was one thing to have to consider my failure to make sure Kandis could be the champion I know she could be in Supreme Championship Wrestling… But it was proving to be a completely different matter battling the thoughts that she had gone away to escape having to look me in the eyes following not only Rise To Greatness but also what had happened before with our conversation that stemmed from what James Evans had brought into her life. Even my daughter waltzing back into my life after God knows how long and convincing me to go with her insane plan hadn't scrubbed the lingering Kandis orientated thoughts from my mind. You'd think that her wanting to get our family together, including Zeke Matthews; her ex husband and my former son in law… A man that had taken exception to me 'going darkside' again to say the least… You'd think it would be the perfect thing to occupy my mind, right? Well it hadn't. Of course I had to figure out how to get through to that delicate wallflower for my daughters sake, but I was still warring with my self loathing and everything I knew would follow on its heels if I didn't work something out soon… So I did the only thing I could think of… Get myself wrapped up in more constructive endeavours to make sure that no matter what happened, I was going to be kept busy.

I’d been putting off the sale of my old place in Raleigh, there was no other way around it. I think a part of it was simply due to sentimentality… I mean it was the place I was raised in, that I’d experienced all of my firsts in and it was of course the place where me and my best friend really started to bond and build a friendship that had proven pretty much impossible to overcome… Though ironically I’d come perilously close to doing that very thing myself through anger; that’s another story entirely though of course. It was time I finally let go of the past though, as there had been many things that happened there that weren’t as fondly remembered. Selling up wouldn’t take away the fact that it was my home-town and that I wouldn’t forget about the people there… In fact it would probably make me feel even stronger about it in the long run. The old place was gathering dust and with David having sold up a long time ago now, it just left me to take the plunge and I figured that in trying times, I couldn’t find a better time than the present. I’d put out my feelers for anyone who either knew about or could put me in touch with someone who was reliable enough to help me out with selling up, and another little project I’d been thinking up for a while too. I didn’t really expect there to be much help out there as I wasn’t part of the many little cliques out there… Which was why I was really surprised when of all people William Blake fucking Mason stepped up to the plate!

Figuring he was just going to talk out of his ass, I entertained Direct Messaging him and the guy actually went out of his way to send someone my way he had used in the past and highly recommended. Truth be told I did nothing with the information due to the earlier mentioned procrastination but I still had the contact details for the individual he put me in touch with and so what better time to pull the trigger? That’s how I ended up sat in my Lounge across from an extremely attractive brunette in an impeccably smart dress suit. "Good morning Mr Valentine… I'm Elizabeth Windsor, a pleasure to finally meet you" she announced once I’d got her a glass of water that she’d asked for when I inquired if she wanted a drink.

She shakes my hand and takes a sip of the water before smiling at me. "Nice to meet you too, Ms Windsor" I respond before she goes into the briefcase she had with her and rifles through the papers for a few moments before pulling several out in what was clearly a practiced motion and glanced at a few before looking back at me again, which ironically was when I realised she had beautiful blue eyes. Trying not to stare too much I run a hand through my hair and wait for her to speak; praying she didn’t notice me staring. She takes a few sheets of paper from the briefcase and passes them to me. I figure after a quick look that they are basically copies of the ones she had and what she was going to talk about would be on the paperwork in written form.

"So Mr Mason gave me the brief explanation of what you're looking for, and I'm looking forward to the challenge that such a high profile job will bring" Elizabeth stated as I was quietly relieved she obviously hadn’t noticed me looking after all.

Doing my best to maintain an air of professionalism, I lean forward slightly and get to the brass tacks before we went into specifics. "So what did Blake tell you?" I asked as she didn’t even have to glance at the paperwork before she answered.

"He basically said that you're wanting to sell a property in North Carolina first off, is that correct?" She asked though I got a sneaky feeling that she knew there was no chance in hell that she was wrong.

Feeling the familiar pangs of sorrow that came with thinking about severing my last physical tie with Raleigh, I nod slowly. "Yeah, I love the place but it's literally gathering dust and as much as I'd love to keep it… I haven't been back to the place outside of somewhere to crash when work brings me anywhere near" I say in way of explanation as she nods and writes a few things down on a notepad she produced from seemingly nowhere.

After she’s jotted whatever down, she looks at me again. "Okay… That makes sense, well my first question would be the obvious one. Have you considered renting it out?" she asked, this time I think she genuinely wasn’t sure if I’d thought about it.

"I haven't necessarily thought about it, but I'd be open to the idea though freeing up a bit of cash is a bit more preferable" I finally answered as it was certainly a knee jerk answer given that what I said was true. I HADN’T thought about it but a sale would be better in the sense that if I’m going to leave it behind, it won’t be tugging at me longer than it had to.

Elizabeth nods and once again jots something down quickly on the pad before smiling. "That's fine, well after doing my initial research before our meeting, I can say that with either option, the property is in a desirable area so I get the feeling that with the right person, you will get an extremely generous offer on the basis you want to put it on the market " she said as I simply nodded, pleased that at least I wouldn’t have to take a meagre offer… Not because I needed the money desperately but more from the principal of the whole thing… Though the money would come in handy for what I had in mind.

"That's always good to know…" I said in way of response as I couldn’t think of anything more enlightening to say.

This time she does glance at the paperwork before speaking next. "And am I to believe that you have resolved to either dismantle or perhaps even demolish the building that is at the edge of the property? That also straddles the divide for the property next to it?"She asked as the old gym was another detail I hadn’t thought of in the whole thing.

Shrugging, I sigh and once again have to give her as honest an answer as I could given the circumstances. "Yeah I might have to get back to you on that one as I think the current neighbours are pretty stoked having a 'rockstar' not only with a house next to them but with a building on their land that partially belongs to me" I replied as she smiled.

"Oh I'm sure they would be stoked, sir" Elizabeth stated as I raised my eyebrows with surprise at not only what she said but with the expression on her face that was a little less… professional as she looked over at me a little longer than I would say was required before looking away, her cheeks a little flushed.

Taken aback, I clear my throat and try to compose myself after whatever that moment was and how I felt about it. "... Why thank you, I'm glad you think so… But I just have another thing to mention…" I half mumble as it takes a lot to look in her direction and not be as composed as I was earlier. This time she must have noticed my entire being refusing to calm itself down as she sits forward a little.

"What is it Mr Valentine? Is something in the paperwork not to your liking?"She asked, an edge of concern in her voice that was hard to miss.

Deciding that it would be best to try and get past that moment of whatever it was, I’d just bite the bullet as I think that this woman could be just what I was looking for in regards to both stages of my plan. "No it's just that I've never been comfortable with people referring to me in the outside world as Mr Valentine, Sir or any other pompous titles like that, you know? Just call me Tommy" I exclaim.

I can see her demeanour visibly change as she’s obviously relieved at the fact it wasn’t anything to do with the preliminary work she had been doing and more about the fact I hated such formality where I could avoid it."Oh… Okay Tommy. My apologies… Then in that case I must insist on you calling me Lizzie to make it even" she replied with a smile as I smirked, happy to completely get rid of the whole formal thing.

Smirking, I nod enthusiastically. "No need to apologise, and I think I can manage that… Lizzie" I stated, putting obvious emphasis on the last bit as ‘Lizzie’ chuckled slightly.

"You know something…?" She said after the chuckles had died down.

Curiosity piqued, I leant forward again "Yeah?" I asked instantly as I could see she was starting to hesitate.

She shook her head after a second. "Oh it doesn't matter, we should just get back to business"Lizzie stated as it was me that shook my head this time. If she was going to start off a sentence like that, it was cruel not to finish it and leave it unsaid!

"No come on Lizzie, you can't leave me hanging like that!" I exclaimed, as she smiled and then took a deep breath and then sighed.

Even as she began to speak, I could tell she was battling the reluctance to just try and make me forget about what she was about to say."Okay, I was just thinking that to begin with I was a little reluctant to take on this case, even though Mr Mason threw quite a bit of money our way to ensure we took his request seriously… Its nothing personal but we have dealt with athletes before that are rude, obnoxious, the whole deal… But its refreshing to know you're really down to earth" Lizzie said, that flush back on her cheeks and her neck as she tried to cover up how flustered she had gotten for some reason by taking a long swig of her water.

Unable to think of an immediate response, I ended up laughing slightly before shrugging. "Um… You're welcome? Haha, nah… I'm not that bad once you get to know me" I declared as she nodded slowly.

There was a moment of silence before she cleared her throat and randomly shuffled the paperwork she had in front of her before looking back at me."So yes, about this um… This property" she all but mumbled as I smiled and nodded, deciding it was best to get back to being all business to avoid things getting any more awkward for the woman.

"Of course… So yeah, I trust you to get the numbers sorted with how much its gonna be put on the market for etcetera"I said as she nodded confidently.

Glancing at her notepad probably just for reference, she took a few seconds to respond. "It should be simple enough to get an independent evaluation for you Mister… Sorry, Tommy; and I get the feeling you'll strike up a lot of interest sooner rather than later" she stated as I was pleased with that evaluation.

Smiling more about the fact a bit of good fortune had come my way rather than about how happy I was about said evaluation, I straighten up on the chair."That's good then, I don't need the money desperately or anything but the cash will definitely be welcome to avoid having to tap into any other funds unnecessarily for my next pet project" I stated as her eyebrow quirked, obviously from general curiosity.

"Pet project?" She asked almost instantly.

Smirking for a second, I nod. "Yeah… That's where my next job for you will come in, if you're interested?" I asked her and noticed the look of pleasant surprise on her face. She seemed competent enough from this exchange so my gut feeling was that she would be a good asset to have for my next venture.

"I'm intrigued to say the least" she exclaimed as I chuckled once again.

As pleased as I was about things going well, I wasn’t going to jump the gun before anything has been sorted with the house in Raleigh as you just never know. "Well that's a promising start Lizzie… But I won't get ahead of myself, one step at a time, yeah?" I said as she nodded.

"Of course… Well since you've provided me with this information to add to the paperwork and I've got a better feel for what you're about, I'm going to head back to the office and make some enquiries to get the ball rolling" she replied as I was becoming more confident in my decision by the second.

"Efficient, I like that!"I exclaimed as I wasn’t sure if that was a smile on her face from the compliment before she goes into the briefcase once again.

Lizzie pulled out what was obviously a business card before holding it out to me. "Here's my card, so that you don't have to use Mr Mason as a go between to contact me. It has my office number on it and my cell too… In case you need to contact me outside of working hours for any questions or assistance in understanding the paperwork I've drawn up for you" she explained as she handed me the card and I looked at it briefly before slipping it into my back pocket.

She then starts to put the paperwork she brought, along with the notepad back into her briefcase and gets up, straightening out her suit for a few seconds before smiling at me. "Thanks Lizzie, I'll be sure to keep in touch" I promised as we shook hands and I walked her over to the door and opened it for her which she smiled at me gratefully for.

"Its been nice meeting you Tommy and I'll contact you as soon as there are any developments. Have a good day" Lizzie said as I replied in kind and watched her leave before closing the door and thinking about how good it felt having at least one thing go right for me since Rise To Greatness. Though I wasn’t stupid enough to forget that this was only a temporary reprieve, I still had to deal with all the other shit, but at this point in time, it could wait it’s turn.

-+-+-+-+-

PROMO

If it’s not one person interfering in my business, it’s someone else.

I’m tired of people sticking their damn beaks in where it’s neither wanted nor needed.

I’m tired of it all quite frankly.

But I know that as much as it would be an easier situation to take care of, violence isn’t going to solve every single problem I have at the moment. Though on the bright side at the Pay Per View I’ll get to kill two birds with one stone and not have a third bird flapping around me like a nuisance, preening for the sake of it and getting in my way. I don’t think that particular bird needs to be killed, but it certainly does need to be reminded about insisting on being where it’s not needed. I’m not some two bit moron that takes kindly to people like the one in particular whose head I’ll be knocking off at the Pay Per View and even more so to scum that enable men like him to evade what he deserves.

And speaking of people that like to interfere in business that doesn’t concern them…

We have Breakdown.

We have a man that has a PHD in being a loathsome wretch that scurries around the corridors like a cockroach whilst thinking he actually has some divine birth-rite to be handed everything he wants without doing fuck all to earn it… And then he has the audacity to talk down to people that have achieved more than he has and ever will at the rate he’s going… Not counting Konrad because he’s a bobble headed weirdo that lives in his own pocket universe… But what the hell do I know huh? Casterillo… Dude, I’m not going to talk about how you royally screwed yourself at Rise To Greatness as Kandis and I didn’t do too well at that Pay Per View so I’d be a bigger hypocrite than you if I even tried to pull that one off… But seeing as we’re on the topic of people that really grind my gears, you’re on that list too buddy! So let’s cast our minds back shall we? Cast it all the way back to the Breakdown after Taking Hold Of The Flame, can you do that? You took exception to my tweet that I posted after the event didn’t you? ‘Whining’ I think was the word you used when you talked shit about me backstage… on a microphone… During an interview… With the woman interviewing you available as a shield for you if necessary… Knowing that the chances were good I would be too busy in team-building exercises with my partner to pay attention to your gums flapping and come to slap the taste out of your cowardly fucking mouth.

Guess what?

I’ve got round to coming to take my pound of flesh.

Because the way I and millions of people around the world remember things, is that I beat the shit out of not just you, but the Pint Sized Peon too for the hell of it.

Remember that?

How about the bit when I took Alexis out and then was ready to punch my ticket before you scuttled in and punked me before taking the credit for my hard work?

You know what, it pissed me off to no end that not only did you steal my spot in the Battle Royal and stopped me from being able to gain one more accolade before I call it a day… That you went in all guns blazing, full of piss and vinegar… Promising that Sasha would be sorry for leaving you in the cold and all that other bullshit you spew on a regular basis… Then barely made a dent in the proverbial field! If you were going to take advantage of the heavy lifting that I’d done in that qualifier… The least you could have done was win the whole damn thing! But I guess that’s the kind of thing you do consistently. Come to think of it, there’s a touch of irony to what you said about me all those months ago, thinking I wouldn’t come and collect at this moment. I distinctly remember you whining and crying because Glory Braddock had better things to be focusing on other than you. I’m sure there will be some suitable spin that you could put on that but I call a spade a spade in situations like this! But the most interesting thing about this outside of the fact that hearing the dull tones in your voice make me want to claw my eyes out and melt my ears shut is that where your unfinished business with Konrad has led you…

(I smile)

It’s led to a place I know more than most on this roster. You’re going to be fighting him in a match with rules that I thrived under. I wonder if that was intentional now I think about it. More a test for you than a way for me to leave your jaw swinging for what you did all that time ago? I mean it makes a bit of sense if it wasn’t for the fact that we should be fortunate that this match isn’t going to be contested under the same rules… Or at least you are fortunate as I’d love to make sure you were in no fit state for that buffoon when it comes to the match you’ve got yourself in with him. Then again... Maybe I’ll be the one to welcome you to the Underground Casterillo… Maybe in a bid to drive home just how little you know what could be awaiting you, I’ll give you a taster that you’ll never forget. That’s just the kind of mood I’m in right now. I get to knock you around a bit and also show that pissant Gavin and the whore just what I am capable of when given the right kind of motivation. I underestimated you once, Casterillo but it won’t happen again. One way or another you’re going to regret we ever crossed paths and that you decided to spout rubbish about me to save face afterwards. On Breakdown you’ll experience what it’s truly like to be Knee Deep in trouble and to have no one who can bail you out!

-+-+-+-+-

Backstage Before The Tag Match Between The Jackass and Big Ass Connection and Team Desire 2.0

It had been a while since we’d been in this situation.

Okay… That might not be the complete truth…

It hadn’t been all that long since we’d been in this situation, it just felt like it since Kandis had gone away following Rise To Greatness. Truth be told it had not been all that long since we had last been in each others presence… Since we’d had an ‘interesting’ training session to try and regain some of the chemistry that had led us to the Tag Team Championships… The same ones that I’d cost us however you looked at it. So as you can imagine, It hadn’t been long at all but it HAD been a while since we’d been in that ring as a tag team and as we were backstage waiting to go out and knock the heads off the scrubs that were part of the Steward cult, Kandis had asked me something that I hadn’t expected with how I felt things had been between us. It was no secret that she was an artist, not just in the ring but outside it too. She’d constructed some breathtaking sculptures and more relevantly, she was one hell of a painter… It shouldn’t have been a surprise that she asked if she could have a go at doing my face-paint, and yet it did surprise me.

Strangely enough, despite us being naked together pretty much countless times, I felt more nervous in that moment as she sat in front of me in her ring gear than I had even that first time we’d hooked up. I’m not sure why that was the case but as she started to do her thing, I felt butterflies in my stomach that shouldn’t really have been there. From the moment she started applying the paint, I felt like I was a schoolboy in the presence of my lifelong crush! The look of concentration on her face was quite cute as I didn’t think she realised I was staring at her until Kandis made it clear that wasn’t the case at all. “Do I have something in my teeth?” she murmured as she didn’t miss a stroke of the brush and I did my best not to laugh and risk smudging the paint she was applying.

Doing my best to not move my facial muscles too much, I don’t stop looking at her as I answer. “There may be a bit of spinach in there, but you’re good other than that” I said as stoically as possible, resisting the urge to chuckle as I saw the corner of her lip curl up into the beginnings of a smile.

Kandis shook her head as she stopped to clear her brush and start applying another colour. “I know what you’re doing… Stop it” she said with a smirk on her face before the look of concentration was back and for a moment I was content to just sit and let her work in silence again. My thoughts however weren’t going to allow it to be a comfortable silence, being this close to Kandis and it not being in the normal setting, there was just a whole different vibe to it and I couldn’t quite figure out what it was… Of course as I looked at her, the woman in front of me was visibly hot and probably the object of many a guys fantasies… But I was noticing her scent, which was somehow intoxicating to me, and the feel of her breath on my face seemed to urge the butterflies in my stomach on, and felt completely different to when her breath was on my face during the mind-blowing sex we had. It was weird and I wasn’t completely comfortable with how it made me feel. “Okay, when I said stop it; I didn’t mean talking completely” Kandis interrupted my confused inner turmoil with her voice as my eyes flickered to her.

Sorry, I must have zoned out or something” I lied, rather lamely I might add as she didn’t say anything for a few seconds until she had seemingly finished the last few strokes of the brush and then she looked me in the eyes, brush poised in the air.

Her eyes seemed to look at me questioningly before she cocked her head to the side slightly. “You sure?” Kandis asked, an unreadable expression now back on her face as she was looking to me for an answer, and one that I didn’t know whether to voice or not. “Is the great Thomas Valentine nervous about Team Desire 2.0?” she said teasingly as I managed a genuine smile and shook my head.

Figuring that I needed to say something to her as it didn’t look like a conversation I could drop, I smiled again. “I just… It’s good to be doing all of this again. Teaming up you know?” I stated as she nodded and I think I finally threw her off the scent and she resumed painting my face. “It’s weird that since I took up painting my face, it had never occurred to me to let another person do it for me” I added to avoid their being another moment for me to get all weird and possibly say or do something I’d regret.

I could feel myself getting calmer as the conversation could now get to less dangerous territory and also direct me away from where my mind was taking me. I needed to be on top of my game for Kandis to avoid letting her down again… That and there was no way we’d be allowed to live it down if Katie’s Stooges beat us due to my head not being in the game. “Well to be honest, I thought you’d be a lot more precious about it. I mean you’ve become an artist in your own right with all the designs you’ve done from scratch on your own face… But I figured it would be worth asking, right?” Kandis said conversationally as I almost forgot about being still for a few seconds and only just managed to stop myself from nodding.

Well I figure that it will be something different to add to our tag team resume, right?” I managed to say through almost pursed lips as Kandis then actually had to stop due to the chuckle that bubbled from her throat thanks to my comment.

I took the moment make the most of being able to move now for those few moments and without even thinking about it I found my gaze drawn to Kandis again as she chuckled for a few more moments and then cleared her throat. “Now how about we get serious, so you don’t go out there and look like you did this with your eyes closed?” she exclaimed as I shrugged.

In all fairness, I’d just tell everyone that this is what happens when I let you do my face-paint” I replied as we both smiled before she punched my arm.

Hey, be nice or there’ll be no after-party tonight!” Kandis said with a sly wink and caused me to mime zipping my mouth as she once again sat down in front of me and continued to apply the paint to my face. I wanted to tell her in that moment just how sorry I was that we had lost out to Ryan and Autumn. Friends or not, it didn’t change that they had beaten us and my eagerness to get the job done by any means necessary had cost us. Once again I looked at her and the words were on the tip of my tongue… But then I kept quiet. I had to make peace with the fact I dropped the ball much like I had done on previous occasions, Kandis didn’t blame me regardless of how I felt. In that moment though, there was only one thing that was niggling in the back of my head and starting to take root.

Why did I care so much about her thoughts on me?
OOC: Intended to post in a layout but the hosting site froze on me so I just posted on the boards... Which didn't work out well in transistion so hope it's cool for me to post in layout form here now I've posted so it's at least readable lol

"Pound Of Flesh"