Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: EMERGExtra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Good Morning, I’m Sallie Graham, and this is the latest edition of EMERGExtra. Bringing you the latest news and happenings on the EMERGE brand.

First of all, it would be remiss of me to not talk about the one subject that has gotten everyone talking. I know the higher ups won’t like it, but let’s talk about the new owners of EMERGE. Now although a lot of credit needs to be given with regards to how secretive the whole thing was kept, once we had our answers there is no doubting the reasons why it was kept under wraps. Since the announcement was made, the outpouring of emotion has been obvious. Silas Mason and Aiken Frost were NOT the right people according to a large majority of EMERGE sources, and not only that, people have certainly take exception to Drew Bryant’s new attitude.

Now, it’s undoubtable, the financial future of the company is secure. But at what cost? Silas is well known for just thinking about the morning, and no person alive knows what Aiken is thinking. But with them holding a joint percentage of 50%, is Drew even in control anymore, and is this partnership going to prove his downfall? Fact is, no one knows what is going on behind the scenes, but if what is going on in the ring is any indication, the future of EMERGE is a lot less secure then when it was under the SCW umbrella. And the fact that those that were campaigning for the change have now changed their minds says an awful lot in my opinion. Maybe we are worrying about nothing, but with Season 2 coming to a close, is Season 3 going to be more of the same as what we have seen recently? I certainly hope not.

Now, I might not have liked the guy, but there is a lot of concern right now regarding the whereabouts of Dexter Schmidt, who was last seen being carried away by Sundown at the end of Invasion. Nothing has been heard from him since, and if the rumor mill is to be believed, the police are involved and are currently investigating. Now, I know a lot of people will be quick to point the finger at Cindy Todd, or indeed Sundown, but from my interview with her last month, I honestly cannot believe that either would go so far as to be involved in this. In fact, it’s more than likely Dexter is just holed up somewhere licking his wounds, embarrassed to show his face. Needless to say, a lot of people are keeping a close eye on this, and I’m sure we will hear more in the coming days.

Another interesting thing I found out over the past few days, is regarding to Season 3, and the future (if we have one) of EMERGE. Now, as revealed by Drew in my interview with him, Drew was looking into the possibility of firstly, bringing the UWA name back, and resurrecting the brand, but was also in talks with the current owners of the Uprising Network Arena in Winchester. The camera was cut before Aiken and Silas’s thoughts were heard, so I thought I would do a little digging into the current situation. First of all, the lease with SCW for the current EMERGE arena has yet to be renewed, which points to the company definitely moving. However, all records show that ownership of the Uprising Network Arena has not been transferred as yet. Of course, there is plenty of time yet, but after the comments of at least two of the Coalition, is this still going to happen and has Drew’s first major decision been overruled? 

Another interesting development is regarding the Unforgiven, and what seemed like a throwaway comments on Social Media, but which could hold some substance. As you will be aware, Frankie Paradise was supposed to be fighting Sundown on the next EMERGE, a match that Benjamin Flynn, the new GM swiftly cancelled. Within minutes however, a new match was made to take place at EMERGE #30, Frankie now facing Cindy Todd. A match we are being led to believe was made by the Roster Liason, at the request of the Coalition. Does this mean that Unforgiven does actually have ‘friends in high places’ and is the Coalition actually allowing them to bully the roster in this way? Could this even be Cindy Todd’s grand design? And is Aiken Frost and Silas Mason not as ‘accidental’ as it might seem. Let’s put it this way, I have a very good source that tells me that there was an even bigger offer from another party that was ignored by Drew Bryant in favor of Silas and Aiken. Perhaps this was the plan all along?

Tommy Wasley certainly seems to think so, and he more than anyone else has drawn a line in the sand, and took a stand. In a very brave move, he has been letting anyone that will listen know that enough is enough, and he won’t let the Unforgiven get away with this. Will he get the backing his needs, because he can’t do it alone? I’m hearing that a fair few of the roster are pinning their colors to the mast, and the ‘Resistance’ will become a lot clearer on the next EMERGE. Let’s put it this way, six months ago would you have pegged Tommy has a hero? I think not. I think a few surprising people are going to stand up against Unforgiven and The Coalition, to give this company hope.

One such person that will be front and center is Danny Darko, who made a statement by returning at Invasion, and putting Jason King out of commission for the foreseeable future. Now, although I don’t condone Danny’s actions, I do understand them after what happened to his wife. King’s condition at the moment hasn’t been released, other than there is no date for his EMERGE return. Should Danny Darko really be poking Willow Wilkes with a stick by injuring her husband? Fact is, I’m not sure Danny cares less, and it will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Looking towards the end of the year, it was announced that four teams of three would compete for the right to challenge Willow Wilkes for the EMERGE Championship, but not in any old situation. No, we were going to witness the return of the Pyramid, one of the most stand out matches of the old UWA. To those that are unaware, this match consists of One pyramid, four parts… the aim of the match to climb through each section and reach the top where the title belt will be hanging. Each section having a trapdoor which must be opened for anyone to advance. Personally, I can’t wait to see who will compete, but Willow Wilkes certainly didn’t seem concerned when the match was announced. That match takes place on EMERGE #31 which is now the final Invasion of the year.

That’s because it was also announced that the final show of the year will now be the Ricky Octavius Memorial, where 32 competitors will compete for the grand prize of $250000. Many wrestlers have already been confirmed for that match, including most of the EMERGE roster, as well as AJ Helms, Peyton Rice and Alistair Taylor. Also rumored to be competing is Christian Cannon, who if true will compete in his first professional match at that event, as well as Owen Cruze. Signups are still ongoing, so the field could change, but regardless that promises to be an amazing, yet emotional event. Bit of further news on that, the first two rounds will take place on a preshow, hosted by me, ahead of the main event itself. The round of eight, four and the finals will then make up the penultimate show of the year.

Penultimate, because the final show, to take place on the 16th of December, will be the very first EMERGE awards ceremony, which will be held in the EMERGE arena on that date, hosted by none other than our announce team, Grace Morningwood and Mitch Sanders. No news on what those awards will be as yet, but an announcement is expected on EMERGE #30

Over the past few months, the tag team division has been regarded as potentially a weak link, with really only three teams competing for a belt that was once held in the highest regards. There is no doubt that Moustache Ride becoming the champions has regenerated the buzz with the fans, but what about everyone else? Well, although it was rumored that Tombstone were about to be released, that has been dismissed as untrue. The Newmans have been pacified by finally getting their shot at EMERGE #29, and I’m being told that Invasion: Munich, it has already been announced that Moustache Ride, The Newmans, and Tombstone will face off in a Tornado Tag Match, within the confines of a steel cage, the first person from any team to escape the cage, OVER THE TOP, no door to escape from in this one, becoming or retaining the tag team championships, no pins, no submissions and no DQ. Steel Cage and the Pyramid in one show… that’s right people. Finally with regards to the tag team division, there are at least FOUR tag teams about to enter the fray, none of them confirmed as yet except the Violent Gentlemen Prestige who WILL return at the end of October.

But of course, no roster can survive without it’s injection of fresh faces, and just recently, EMERGE has been blessed with the appearance of some pretty special talents. First of all Jake Shelley has arrived, and is already a lot of noise against Unforgiven. Sierra Swann, sister of Sienna has arrived and if she has half the ability of her sister, could make quite an impact. Aubrianna Powers has arrived with already a massive reputation, and could be one to watch for the future, especially as she has been teamed with Jennifer Helms and Kali, and finally… as mentioned earlier, Danny Darko has signed, and if he can find anything like his former self, he would be quite an addition to the roster. Yes, a lot of people might be getting on his case of late, but are these signings, and the shows EMERGE is putting up justification that Drew was right?

On that bombshell, that’s it from me. Make sure you tune in to EMERGE #29 and see which two teams advance through, one step closer to the Pyramid, and who leaves as the tag team champions.