Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: EMERGExtra - W/ Kali
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, and Good Morning… and welcome to another special edition of EMERGExtra. A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to sit down with one of the more ‘unusual’ members of the EMERGE roster, Kali, a couple of days after her EMERGE Championship match with Willow Wilkes. What happened was weird, enlightening and funny, all at the same time, and left me with no doubt that she is exactly what you see on the tin. Enjoy… 

===========

SG: Kali, first of all welcome and thank you for joining me today

Kali: Hehehe...thank YOU for having comfy chairs!

SG: First question Kali, tell the EMERGE viewers a little about yourself growing up, and how you got into this business?

Kali: Ohhh.. big question right off the bat! That's a weird saying, isn't it? "Right off the bat"? What would the question be if we were ON the bat? What was the question again? RIGHT! Me... Mommy was a member of... I guess you would call it a "cult" but I wouldn't really see it that way. It was a community of survivors. Mommy had to survive a LOT of bad things from Daddy... and eventually, she didn't. It was a sad day, but I survived. Boy DID I survive! I learned how to fight. I followed our leader into "THIS BUSINESS" and when he ABANDONED me, I came here.

SG: Kali, you entered the world of EMERGE with a bang, winning the Battle Royal at Invasion which got you a title shot of your choosing. First of all, can you explain how you ended up taking part?

Kali: I saw the invitation just hanging around there... no one around to take it. So I took it. I got a camera and sent a message... hitchhiked to the ship. Do you know how HARD it is to get onto a boat that had already set sail?

SG: And winning, was that a surprise considering what was a very talented field?

Kali: Sallie... I don't let AAAAAAAAAAAANYTHING surprise me anymore.

SG: Of course, we now know what even though you had a chance at any title, you chose the EMERGE Championship, knowing that you would face Willow Wilkes. Why did you come to that decision, to jump straight ahead for the top title and especially considering perhaps one of the most dominant women in wrestling right now holds that title?

Kali: Why would I do anything else? I'm not a PLANNER, Sallie. I don't sit at home watching tapes or THINKING about what I'm going to do... I just DO them, and Willy had... HAS... the shiniest trinket of them all. It was ALWAYS going to be the EMERGE Championship. I'm not the type to dip my toe in... go for the lower prize. When I see something, I go all in.

SG: You lost that match, but received a lot of plaudits for your performance, having the champion on the ropes. Do you feel there is anything you could have done differently?

Kali: Stop trying to pin... just keep trying to maim.

SG: Any regrets now after making that decision?

Kali: Part of the whole thing of going ALL IN is accepting the results of ALL IN. If I had any regrets, it would be EXACTLY opposite of who I am and what I believe in. I have no regrets... you said it yourself. I had Willy on the ropes... pushed to the brink. Had she slipped for ONE SECOND at the end there, she wouldn't have been able to CLAMP my FACE with Willow's Wisp. If she doesn't have the presence of mind to do that... there'd be a shiny in my hands right now.

SG: So, now you have pretty much a clean slate… some might say you have to begin again at the bottom. What’s next for Kali?

Kali: Hehehe... it's funny how many people want me to go to the bottom... to fight through everyone. It's almost like they HAVEN'T been paying ATTENTION. Putting me in a position where I have to go through EVERYONE to get back in the conversation for the Championship is detrimental to their health.

SG: And of course, you could once again compete for the EMERGE Championship if you and your partners claim a place in the Pyramid?

Kali: Hehehehe… Pyramids are fun.

SG: One of your partners is of course Aubrianna Powers. You call your relationship the Most Valuable Friendship… why is that?

Kali: Because it IS! Aubrey was there for me when everything went to SHIT in the community. In a sense, she SAVED me.

SG: Do you think that bond would serve you well should you ever get a chance at the EMERGE Tag Team Championship?

Kali: I would be willing to slaughter whoever stood in our path to get Aubrey some shiny to... the idea of being Tag Team Champions is simply DELECTABLE.

SG: And what about Jennifer Helms, your other partner… what are your feelings towards her?

Kali: Helms... Helms... oh I know the name well! I have seen the name through the OtHeR cOmPaNy raise to prominence, though I don't think they like me very much. At least Regan doesn't... Street/Damian things... it's a WEE BIT of a mess, if you know what I mean. Jenni knows what she does well and, as long as she doesn't get the Street urge to bludgeon me into a pulp, we should be fine.

SG: And if you make it through the semi and finals, you three will face Willow Wilkes for the EMERGE Championship. You’ll have to fight Aubrianna then… do you think you will be able to do that?

Kali: We are PROFESSIONALS... que sera sera, whatever will be will be...

SG: And do you think Aubrianna feels the same?

Kali: The future is ours, you see... que sera sera. Aubrey comes from a WRESTLING FAMILY too... she KNOWS the ins and outs of THIS BUSINESS better than most. She knows than when the top shiny is dangled in front of you, you do what it takes to take it. Aubrey feels the same.

SG: OK, so let’s say you win the EMERGE Championship, and you are top of the pile. What kind of champion would you be?

Kali: Do you watch The Good Place? Especially season two when we KNEW the spoilery things we now know about it, but there was STILL this idea that it was "Good"? Nothing like that. At all...

SG: Currently, EMERGE is embroiled in this ‘war’ between the Coalition, Unforgiven and a resistance coming together on behalf of the company. At the moment it seems like you have stayed out of it, but will you ever join the fight?

Kali: Stayed out of it... but I'm right in the middle of it without them even knowing! I may not have WON my match with Willy... but make no mistake. Behind her bravado, behind her funny little JIFFS and side comments coupled with her THREATS she KNOWS that there IS, in fact, a wrench hanging out just WAITING to wedge itself into her fun little PLANS. And everyone else should take stock of that too... all the PLANS of people trying to push towards whatever AGENDA they have... pay attention to the wild cards. Because it's the wild cards that will FINISH the story in ways the PLANS cannot comprehend.

SG: You certainly don’t seem to scare easily… is there anything that you are scared of?

Kali: There is... but why would I mention it in a public interview? SO the PLANNERS can go ahead and find ways to MANIFEST those fears into ways to HURT me... to HURT Aubrey... to put me DOWN?

SG: OK Kali, we are nearing the end of the interview now, and with all this interviews I’m going to end it with questions to give the fans a better ideas of who you are. Cool?

Kali: FIRE AWAY!

SG: Favorite wrestler… you can’t say Aubrianna that’s too obvious.

Kali: Mary. Beth. Mallory.

SG: If you weren’t a wrestler what would you be?

Kali: Hehehehe… probably in a circus somewhere. Maybe the fire-eater... or the sword swallower. OH OH! TRAPEZE ARTIST!

SG: What is your favorite color and why?

Kali: Red... I have many PLEASANT memories seeing red.

SG: What kind of music do you like to listen to?

Kali: It's a mix of hardcore thrash and folksy. You probably haven't heard of it.

SG: Do you watch any other sports? If so which, and who is your favorite team?

Kali: I like watching people throw things... shot put. Javelin. Lawn darts.

SG: And finally, if you were an animal, which animal would you be?

Kali: I've already used the "dog after a car" analogy... it ended up in a movie too, though I can't remember which one. So I'd say... goose. Seemingly harmless, but get too close and I WILL chew someone's face off!

SG: And on that note, thank you Kali for your time, and good luck at EMERGE #29 and going forwards. Final word, is there anything you would like to say to EMERGE and indeed your fans?

Kali: Punisher: War Zone is an underrated movie. "Frank... there's brains on my shoe!" Hehehehehe…. best ending line in a long time. Oh... and if you THINK that I'm going to go away after last Invasion, you should PROBABLY just stop thinking altogether, because the thinking you DO isn't that good. The kids would call that a PRO TIP! Um... what else? Danny Darko, welcome back... I'm saddened that you took the ability to take some Jason King teeth away from me. And ThE pReSiDeNt should probably get himself on the next plane to Russia if he wants to avoid any sorts of bad things. Code Red Mountain Dew is the best Mountain Dew. OH!! And Kimmi is a cow! 

==============

I’m sure you will agree with me, a few surprising answers there and a unique insight into what makes Kali tick. I actually do wish her well in EMERGE because I feel that in this times, we need someone like her around. Join me next time on our next special when I will be talking to one of the newest additions to the EMERGE roster Jake Shelley… till then, goodbye.