Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Casterillo vs. Cassidy Carter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 RP Limit per match

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, October 22, 2019
THE BOOK OF CASTERILLO
Chapter 6:  Remembrance

He knows he has been in turmoil for a long time.  So many years have passed by.  So many years where he had no clue what was going on in the rest of the world.  He was only concerned about himself.  Now that he is here now though, he is clearly reminiscing as he studies the wounds that will never heal in Joplin, Missouri, which is not all that far away from Kansas City where he is next scheduled to compete against Cassidy Carter.

May 22, 2011.  I can actually remember that day.  I was not here.  I was many, many miles away, but I do recall that being a day where I felt absolutely wretched.  I may have caused it.  I may have caused the catastrophic event that hit here and forced a total of 166 to perish, not to mention injure over a thousand human beings.  It was one of those days where I was thinking back to the moment in my life that changed me forever, for the worse.  There is no way I can apologize for this.  How could I have allowed my father to make me become so malevolent against the innocent?

I...  I seriously hope he gets what he deserves!  I know this will not count, but I am SO SORRY to everyone that I may have hurt over the years!

Casterillo looks disgusted as he looks up to the heavens.  They rumble, almost as if they can hear him.  No lightning shoots down from above though.  When he looks back down he begins to look around.  No sooner has he made a full turn, he sees the figure that has saved him, walking out of one of the gas stations that has been rebuilt, with a coffee in hand.  He eyes her and she eyes him as she finishes the walk up to him.  Once she can walk no further, he hears her.

You feel like you did it.  I know.  You know how I can sense your thoughts Lawrence.

He blankly looks at her now, but she snaps him out of it.

Hey.  I'm very sure you aren't responsible for what happened here over 8 years ago.  It was probably just... coincidence.

You stalled.  There is no way you can be sure Shadron.  You have seen what I can do before, many times.  For all we know, I can easily be responsible for one of the most devastating tornadoes to ever happen.  I was so angry back at that time.

Hmm.  Well um... I guess?

Casterillo blankness goes away, but he still stands firm, clearly feeling like perhaps maybe just maybe he should give back to the community that he feels he has taken away from.  The only thing is he does not know how...

But you know what?  If you feel your anger and power brought upon that faithful storm, we can donate to the city of Joplin.  It is years later, but any donation is a good donation.

Consider that done.  I will deliver one to city hall in the morning before we leave.  Though I doubt it will make me feel any better, at least I can hope it makes someone feel better.

She looks at him, and even though her voice crackles like a teenager, for once he doesn't eyeball her for it.

That's the spirit.  Here, come on.

She links her right arm with his left arm and for once a strange thing happens, Casterillo lets loose a warm smile as he looks over at her.  She does not look frightened but instead at the same level of contentness.  The moment isn't broken as both have the same idea, leaning in to one another as they walk down the sidewalk, one of the sidewalks that has been long since repaired. 

As they reach the next street corner, they make a right and are now face to face with the former site of the now infamous and completely gone St. John's Regional Medical Center.  It is now that Shadron's face looks down at the ground, her eyes closed, in prayer.  Casterillo stands still and waits for her to finish.  As she opens her eyes, he can see that there is some redness to them.

They had no chance Lawrence.  Storm history definitely changed that day.  But no, it's not your fault.  It just... happened.  Even you would have never brought that kind of wrath upon anyone.  I know you Lawrence.  I know you have hurt me before, but even this was too much for you to create.

Are you sure?  Because I cannot be.

She looks him dead in the eyes now, almost to tears.

Yes!  I'm sure!  Now let's go.  I don't want to see anymore.

Casterillo nods and relinks her arm with his as they head back to the car that they used to get here.  Seeing she is in no state to drive, he takes the wheel and slowly leads them out of Joplin, choosing to head north to where their next destination is, Kansas City.

Their bags are unpacked but Casterillo has remained in the room, with his companion going in her own separate direction, at least for now.  He did tell her to be careful as she left the room, seeing she was still in a distraught and emotional state.  But to him that has become common when it comes to her.

At this very moment he is looking just straight up at the ceiling, laying down in one of the two beds that is in the room.  His eyes dart from tile to tile for a while before he chooses to sit up and then get off the bed, seemingly growing bored.  Thus he now takes the other room key card and heads out himself, oddly enough down to the pool.  Being it has obviously grown colder no one is in the area.  He takes a seat on the bench and pulls out his gateway to SCW, his recording device.  It is many moments before he airs his thoughts.

Everyone out there is going to always remember me for being this giant brute that gets obsessed with making things right.  I have come to accept that.  You all have the right to think that, but I want to let you all know that things will be changing.  Oh I still want to face Glory Braddock again, but only because I want to make it sink in to her that there is still much for her to learn.  Heck there is much for me to learn too.  I am humble enough to say that.  She is not.  Glory needs to understand that she is NOT the best in the world.  NO ONE can be that, at least not forever.

That said I can see the desperation oozing off of her.  She believes that I do not deserve a second chance because she is scared.  Scared that I am going to hurt her.  Scared that she is going to do something that she does not want to do, something that she has done in the main event scene anyways, and that is lose.  It is the same thing she is going to do this upcoming weekend at Under Attack, and yes, I will be there to watch it all unfold.

You see Glory, it took me almost dying to see things from a different perspective.  I actually truthfully do NOT want that happening to you, or to anyone else.  I am a changed being.  You will see that soon enough.  The beginnings are already showing, but I will put it this way, we NEED each other this one last time.  We can both learn a lot from one another, yet you just want to be selfish.  Well, selfishness is not going to win you the SCW World Championship in that chamber.  I know what a chamber feels like, and what it does to you.  I see you and well...  I know you are not ready.  The whole world will unfortunately get to see that truth exposed this Sunday.  That is what it is.  Perhaps after that failure you will realize that taking me on one last time is exactly what not just I need, but what YOU need too.

Casterillo ceases for a few moments before picking back up, his attention turning to the matter that is soon to be at hand.

Anyways, I hope that day will come.  For now, Wednesday night here in Kansas City, I face Cassidy Carter, the Duchess of Debauchery.  Cassidy, while it is great to want to have much pleasure in one's life, there is such thing as too much.  As for me, I have not had enough, but I am okay with that.  There is far much more to life than "enjoying" someone else in bed, on a table, on a couch, wherever may have you.  That however seems to be your lifestyle, right along with Ace Marshall's.  I guess you two are a perfect fit.  I have no issue with that.  The only thing I have an issue with is that you are the next one lined up for me to prove myself against.  I apparently have to prove that I really am here to help, and not be this lingering hinderance to Sasha.  I do not wish to be that, but she has made it hard.  I hope you do not choose to go the same way in our match.

I am not here to hinder people's careers physically or psychologically anymore.  But I am here to take care of business and take down those who are put in my path.  Many, if not all, out there will say that I have been failing in that regard, and that I have begun to become soft.  No.  I am still going to be hitting as hard as ever with conviction, but also with purpose.  Every strike I land, every move I hit, is to teach my opponent a valuable lesson.  That lesson is that things can be far worse for you than they already are.  Unfortunately may have chosen to not take the lesson to heart.  This Sunday you can take Glory for one example, and take Tommy Valentine for another.  They believe they are simply just better than everyone else because they are either the best in the world or a jackass.  The question Wednesday night Cassidy is simply this:  What are you?  Because the way it is right now, both of us are one word... overlooked.  I am not one to toot my own horn a lot, but I do have a lot of talent that has gone untapped, because I have chosen to bottle it up.  But no more!  It is time for me to focus and be what I want to be.  As for you, you have two choices.  One is to remember who you truly are and bring to the ring all the wrestling prowess and knowledge that you have.  Or two, you can leash up Ace and give him everything he desires backstage.  I will leave that choice up to you.  Either way, I will be in that ring, waiting to create more moments that the world will remember me for.  Only this time good moments instead of moments that I will be forced to live to regret.  I have had more than my fair share of those Cassidy.  That is why I say, please do not be me.  Please do not disappoint the world, or bring upon them a storm that they will never fully heal from.

He takes one look around and upon seeing the sky is fully clear, he steps back inside the hotel and heads back to the room.  Quite a while later Shadron rejoins him, and both of them seem to have calmed themselves down.  The two nod to one another, seemingly understanding one another, before they both begin to get ready for bed.