Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Edgar Allen Pollock vs. Corey Reyes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Edgar Allen Pollock vs. Corey Reyes

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, November 7, 2019
2 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP limit for tag
[Image: 1Yt3yA1.jpg]

Edgar Allen Pollock vs Corey Reyes…

Complete and utter darkness fills our screens. 

The sound of an auditorium filling up with varying people follows into the darkness, the sound however begins to dwindle with a “Shhh…” and “quiet…” moments later. The anxiousness of the crowd in attendance this evening begins to build ever so slightly, but that is all for effect it’s how he works his fan base who come to see him perform. Who is he, why it is Edgar Allen Pollock and with a flick of the switch somewhere in the room one solitary spotlight shines down from the heavens onto a stage?

It’s beams of pure white light illuminating a circle before it and standing in its wake is the reason they are all here, the reason YOU are all here and that is Edgar Allen Pollock… He stands there topless with only a black pair of trousers on, his feet bare as he stands on a small box elevating himself above all else. His eyes are closed while striking a pose, this changes however when he raises his right hand and within it’s grasp is a skull with which he then opens them and takes a deep breath…

And begins his monologue…

Edgar: “To be fair thy brother and sister’s our time is soon upon us… Is it not merely the hours of  twenty-four that counts down until the bitter end of our discontent…? The end of our dearest friend, our ally… our enemy… Corey Reyes… It is for he and I Edgar Allen Pollock shall forthwith and go head to head in a battle of wits, a battle of the mind, a battle of thy body and thy soul on our debut in the land that we all shall call Supreme! This is a most humbling opportunity for Corey Reyes, a chance to be the first to experience the mind of I, Edgar Allen Pollock!!”

Edgar pauses, lowering his head and takes a deep breath, he feels the emotion from those watching and nods… He feeds of it entirely like a succubus of emotion…

Edgar: “They sense it, they feel it, they desire it all… The battle, the stage the war that is going to take place inside the circle of the square for it is set and there is no denying what shall come next. For there can only be one victor on this night, and with thy victor go with them thy spoils… The fame, the fortune, the admiration of those watching and it is this… THIS dearest brother why I… I EDGAR ALLEN POLLOCK Shall leave you in my wake… It I why I, EDGAR ALLEN POLLOCK Shall be victorious for thy crowd demands it, nay they CRAVE it! From the very fruits of their loins, they desire something anew, something they have yet to witness, to believe in and it is has now arrived for I, EDGAR ALLEN POLLOCK will be the one who shall deliver them from this darkness, this drought of true intellectual entertainment for the soul!!!”

He speaks with such passion, such vigour and those watching are getting into the performance from the one man show, Edgar Allen Pollock. He brings the skull closer to his face and begins to speak…

Edgar: “So who believes that Corey Reyes has what it takes to succeed where many before him have failed... The challenge is set however with two opposing forces ready to take shape, ready to take charge… The Montagues and the Capulets! There difference of course being there is no love story here, this no Romeo and Juliet! Nay, however, this will end in a tragedy for you Corey Reyes!! Merely two years as a professional inside the circle of the square? Childs play compared to me who holds five long years and many more as one who entertains thy fandom with his mind, body and soul... I have learned of course however never look a gift horse in the mouth, I never underestimate thou who stands before me. I am not so ignorant to the threat you could pose to us and our aspirations, our hopes and our dreams… Nay, we are fully aware and prepared for what lies in wait for us. So as we stand on the precipice of our immortality Corey Reyes, the question which comes forthwith into the light from the darkness, is one that has been asked throughout the annuls of history, a question that was written by the legend… the genius, William Shakespeare… From a play known as Hamlet…”

Edgar pause once more, he raises the skull to the heavens and looks at it with such passion, such reverence and from the depths of his soul utters the words…

Edgar: “WE FACE IN A BATTLE OF OUR WITS, PRIDE ON THE LINE FOR THOSE WHO SEEKETH IT… SO I ASK THEE DEAR COREY REYES AS THE WINTER OF OUR DISCONTENT CLOSER NOW MORE THAN EVER… THROUGH THE DARKNESS BEGS THE QUESTION OF WHETHER VICTORY IS IN YOUR FUTURE… THE QUESTION OF WHETHER IT IS TO BE… OR NOT TO BE…”

Edgar lowers the skull and brings it towards himself before slowly turning towards the crowd listening, hung on his every word…

Edgar: “IT IS NOT TO BE!!!”

Edgar then looks away melodramatically and with it the spotlight switches off, a moment passes and then the sound of applause can be heard and the lights to the theatre begin to come back on to show small stage, with a even smaller soapbox where Edgar once stood…