Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: EMERGExtra - End of Year Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning, and welcome the final Extra of 2019. I’m Sallie Graham, and I will be taking you through the latest news in EMERGE

Of course, I have to start with the big news… no, not the return of Jason, sorry Samael King, I am of course talking about the blockbuster announcement that EMERGE will next year be based in the United Kingdom, and in particular London where the Head office will be situated. EMERGE will be travelling the length and breadth of the UK, as the Coalition set themselves a target of European Dominance, as opposed to stepping on the SCW’s toes.

Before this edition of Extra was aired, I was told that the schedule for next year is almost finalized, and will be released soon, but I now have the pleasure of confirming the places that EMERGE will be invading in 2020.

So… on March 16th 2020, EMERGE will air live from the Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg, as we take over South Africa. On the 8th of June, we invade Europe as Invasion comes live from the AccorHotels Arena in Paris. On the 14th of September, we head down under as we entertain the Sydney fans live from the Super Dome. And finally, our final show of 2020 will come from the Rogers Centre in Toronto, as we invade Canada to end Season 3, deep in the SCW’s homeland.

I’m sure you will agree, some exciting places in store for next year.

As I said earlier, the main schedule isn’t quite finalized, but Newcastle, Glasgow, Cardiff and Leeds… keep an eye on the website for ticket details that will be coming early in the New Year.

And talking of the New Year, the end of 2019 means contracts coming to an end, and the inevitable renewals that take place around this time. Last year, we saw Peyton Rice and Kandis make their way to pastures new and decide not to renew their contracts, both having a standout year for SCW, with everything going on right now in EMERGE, are about to see more of the same. One thing is for certain, many of the roster are not going to like EMERGE coming out of the United Kingdom, and will they use that as a reason to leave.

That said, one thing that the company did do well last year is replace those stars with more of the same. Jennifer Helms, YUYO, Kali, names that are now more than established, and of course recently the signings of Sierra Swann and Christian Cannon. Even with everything going on with the Coalition, and of course Unforgiven, it seems that people still want to ply their trade for the EMERGE brand, and that is at least one silver lining.

Looking around the wrestling world right now, is it beyond the realms of possibility that we could see Alban McConnell, the God of Wrestling plying his trade here. AJ Helms is competing in the Ricky Octavius Memorial (more on that later), so will he decide to make it a more ‘permanent’ thing? Kelly McBride was recently touted on social media… could Drew make a play there, and of course there is the rumor doing the rounds that Angyalka Cruze is potentially looking to return. With the connection to Drew Bryant, is that as daft as it sounds? And of course… Giovanni Aries seems to have disappeared… could EMERGE become his new Wonderland? Quick twitter poll guys… who you would like to see competing for EMERGE #EMERGEwish

One thing the Coalition has, is funds… and they can compete at the highest levels when it comes to contract negotiations. Truthfully, no one is unaffordable so maybe, just maybe when the new season starts on the 13th of January 2020, there will be some surprising names on the roster as EMERGE aims to take on the wrestling industry… and SCW. I for one am looking forwards to that aspect.

Of course, it would be remiss of me to not speak about the tournament that will end our tenure in Canada, as EMERGE pays its respects to one of the Gentlemen of the business, Ricky Octavius. Again, we all have our moans with the Coalition, but there is no doubt this tournament is a classy move. With the news just coming in that even with the $250,000 first prize to the winner, EMERGE will donate a further $250,000 to the Ricky Octavius Memorial Fund. That makes an already special evening even more so, especially when we now have the confirmed list of competitors.

In perhaps one of the most emotional returns, Peyton Rice will compete. Also, on the list to honor Ricky, we have SCW superstars Konrad Raab, Chris Cannon, and Selena Frost. AJ Helms makes his in ring return after almost a year away from the business, Gwen Blair also makes her return, and of course everyone’s favorite Villain makes an appearance, as Alistair Taylor competes… with no doubt Johnny Taylor looking for an element of revenge for what happened in Munich.

All of this adds up to an apt finale to the EMERGE season, and hopefully, a suitable paying of respects to someone who the business loved. And don’t forget, I’ll be bringing you the preshow with all the early action from that tournament so make sure you tune in.

Of course, there are no titles on the line at the Memorial, so that means that the Champions heading into 2020 are now set in stone. Willow Wilkes will conclude the year as the EMERGE champion, after taking on, and beating the best the company had to offer. With Samael by her side, would anyone bet on next year being more of the same? The RUSH Championship of course ended in the possession of Jennifer Helms, who added that to her SPIRIT Championship from earlier in the year… will she be the one to dethrone Willow? The SPIRIT Championship ended around the waist of YUYO, but we hear that Tommy Cook will get his opportunity early in 2020 to regain that belt. And of course who can forget Munich, when Tombstone claimed the Tag Titles back. Next year, will we see a new batch of Champions…? I sincerely hope so.

Talking of those Tag Titles, I have heard that discussions have taken place, the Tag Division seen as not doing as well as it should. Apart from Tombstone and The Moustache Ride, there are no real stand outs, and so in 2020 EMERGE intends to do something about it. The Tag belts will undergo a revamp and the new ‘DUO’s’ Championship will be born.

Now, before Tombstone fans get up in arms, they will still be the champions, but now, when you defend THIS title, you could face literally anyone, randomly generated from the entire roster. What does this mean? Well, how do you fancy Sundown, teaming with Thamuz? Or maybe Donovan Street with Melissa Killgraves? The only proviso is this… you CANNOT be currently holding a title within EMERGE. So if Willow Wilkes lost her EMERGE Championship, she could find herself teaming with Darko… just imagine that. And if Tombstone lose the titles… could we see Eli Goddard teaming with Tommy Wasley? Oh yes. This move opens up a whole world of possibilities for the ‘DUO’s’ division, and I cannot wait to see how it pans out. Can it be 2020 already please?

One person that might not be around to see it, or at least I’m hearing this could be the case, is Benjamin Flynn. Honestly, it cannot come as any real surprise to Ben after his outspoken views on the Coalition, but my source is quoted as hearing Silas Mason on a conference call, quite clearly say ‘What does Flynn bring to the table?’ Now personally, I think Benjamin has done an amazing job considering it’s not like he has been allowed to, and I know that even now, Drew still believes he is the right man for the job. The wildcard here is what does Aiken Frost think, who by comparison has been quiet but probably will have the casting vote. I hope Benjamin gets through this, not just for him, but for who we could get as a replacement. But, in my eyes, and from what I’ve seen and heard, I think Benjamin will see out the season, but not see in the next. Fingers crossed for you though Benjamin if you are listening.

I asked you earlier… who would you like to see signing for EMERGE… and it’s thrown up some surprising names. Astonishingly, 32% of you came up with Cookie, who topped the bill… nothing to do with her recent pictures on social media then? 27% of you went for Abigail Lindsay, which would no doubt be quite a coup for the company, and she is currently looking for a home so who knows. Coming in third with 13% we have Chantelle Chambers, all your eyes apparently on her and finally, 10% of you went for Madison Chase… as if she’s join. Other notable mentions go to James Evans (???), which would be quite a steal, Kennedy Street… which I think every voter knew is pretty much impossible, her now tearing up the big screen. Chris Davids, who probably thought people had forgotten about him, I had, sorry Chris, and weirdly Sparkles… yep, that Sparkles of IWC fame.

Well, I dunno if the Coalition are listening, but if you are, the people have spoken. Get those check books out.

And finally…

I want to thank everyone for their support over the last year. It’s been my pleasure bringing these shows to you, and I hope to present more in Season 3. Hopefully, there will be more interviews, more news, and more rumors from this great company we all love. It might be fraught right now, but this is OUR EMERGE and no matter who is in charge that will never change.

Goodbye, and catch you soon