Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost vs. Autumn Valentine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

DEADLINE FOR BOTH SHOWS IS SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2019 at NOON ET
The Dark Side of the Sun

“For Name's Sake...”

The near two weeks had gone by rather quickly that it almost felt like everything she had gone through had happened to someone else. From the second she had fought Xander Valentine and the match had concluded, she could not remember a day where everything was either going in fast-forward motion or in slow, floating motion, like she was in a huge aquarium,  floating under the blue waters. 

She remembered certain aspects of her match with Xander, highlights of moonsaulting out of the ring and into the walkways onto the bastard, swinging chairs and standing tall for a split second or two after the bell had rung at the end… but if she tried to piece it all together – there were certainly gaps, like missing pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. You could still figure out what the picture in her mind was, but the details? Certain aspects? Lost.

How else could she explain the next memory she had was one of her filming her promo and competing in the Ricky Octavius Memorial tournament a few days later? The one after that? Hoping onto her private jet and getting back to Germany as fast as she could.

The Snow Queen released a sigh as she looked around the large room. She sat in…. in…

Reaching up and closing her eyes, the platinum-blonde pressed the fingertips of her right hand into her right temple, trying to massage the headache that had lingered inside her skull for the past week, trying to soothe her brain so she could compel it to function normally – such as memory recall.

I’m at Schoenburg Castle… she thought to herself, her closed eyes squinting more shut in an effort to concentrate. I’m in the…. the…

She released a sigh as she kept massaging her temple. She couldn’t remember what room of the castle resort she was in, nor why she was in this particular room in the first place. Opening her eyes a little, and wincing at the lights above her and the sunlight streaming through the etched and stain – glass panels of the windows stung, sapphire eyes caught sight of carpeted floors, a couch and set of pillows -  a lounge or playroom of sorts.

And here I am being out of sorts…

She released a sigh as she leaned against the large, cushioned chair, feeling her waterfall of hair shift a little as she rested her head against the top of the chair. Despite the holes in her memory, the young woman recognized the symptoms that had been plaguing her. In truth, she could almost consider this their ‘encore performance’ after paying her a visit after her second ‘match’ with Xander at Under Attack. And if she had any doubts still, Selena had sat through a replay of her match earlier this week on her way to the memorial tournament. For the second time in her career, a tech-monitor had been smashed into her head.

“Another concussion…” she sighed in her whisper, the conclusion she had drawn days ago. But, unlike days ago, the longevity of the lingering effects she felt had brought with it a disturbing thought.

Was this latest the fourth, fifth, or sixth concussion in her career? Quietly, she sucked her lower lip between her teeth as she tried to recall – because the answer would not simply come immediately. She remembered her first concussion. It was the first few months of her career and she had gone against Matt Auclair, who had shoved her off the apron and onto the barricade, her head smacking off the barricade harshly – making concussion #1.

You never forget your first… Selena dryly chuckled at her own feeble attempt at humor. However, the rest were much harder to recall.

Okay, so Alstair- I mean Auclair first…
Dawn… I think.
Definitely got one in that chamber match against Monarchy… no, wait - that was the first rib injury…
Regan gave me two, I’m sure…
Bree earlier this year...
Maybe Giovanni one…

Her mind prattled off name after name, rivalry after rivalry – from Red Rayne to Ravyn to Kennedy and Kelcey – every one that she could recall… but, in the end, including the two concussions from Xander from their two matches,  she could only be certain of six total…

Six concussions at least… At least, three this year...

She felt her hands shake as they lay on the armrests of the chair. At least five… other athletes in professional sports like hockey or football had been forced to retire, and they had had fewer number of concussions than her –

And that was the crux of the matter – the same one Selena had spoken to Deanna about during their first conjugal visit. Sasha and SCW would never allow Selena to endanger her own life. Hell, in order to be cleared to wrestle for Breakdown on the weekend, she would need to have an MRI done to ensure any swelling in her brain had gone down. This was to prevent any chance of Second Impact Syndrome,  which was potentially fatal. And though Selena had already done this in order to be admitted to the Memorial Tournament earlier this week, Sasha was not taking any chances.

Who knows what corners they skip or what they 'overlook'. Hell, it's partly run by Silas Mason and Aiken!

Therefore, to say Selena was scared for her life with these concussions would be untrue. No, but despite this, there had to be a limit – Selena knew this. A limit to the number her brain could take. And not knowing was…

There was no word for it. It was terrifying. Concussions had become a topic of much discussion, not only in professional wrestling like SCW, but in other contact sports like the NHL and NFL – from what little Selena had read in the past, promotions and teams having players miss whole games and even parts of the season to avoid too much injury – or career/life-ending scenarios. 

But that was the thing: Selena didn't want time off! She didn’t want to give up on SCW. She loved every moment of it, even the parts that infuriated her to no end. While others were STILL complaining about Kellen Jeffries' trios cash in, turning the End of the Year Invitational into a “Winner becomes World Champion” incentive, Selena had been downright thrilled by it when she had first heard the news! There were so many people that deserved the chance and had never gotten it. People still in SCW! With their careers ahead of them. She didn’t have to search her memory long to recall names like Peyton Rice, who had defeated her a few days ago at the Emerge tournament, or Aaron Blackbourne, who had defeated Syren a few months back – hell the most beautiful thing about the royale was that it was open to everyone – not just SCW roster members. The idea of an SCW superstar fighting Willow Wilkes of Emerge! Or Jennifer Helms! Selena knew her sister would be so proud if young Jennifer competed and won the SCW World title…

Selena didn’t want to miss being part of that, even if it was just as a spectator. SCW was her second home – her first and truest home being in her wife’s arms…

Without thinking, Selena wrapped pale arms around herself. She had spent another lonely night in a hospital, recovering from her injuries like she had after Under Attack. True, she had been visited by Regan and others to check on her, even Sasha, and Selena appreciated their kindness…  but she craved her lover’s arms, the warmth of her wife.

Without her, SCW was the only home she had left… and the idea of that being taken from her due to these concussions…

“Ahoy!!!” screamed a voice from outside seconds before the door at the other end of the room swung open. Stifling a groan from the pain of the new, bright, outdoor light and the sound, Selena placed her hand over her eyes as she heard the sound of feet running into and around the room. “Find ye marden there-”

She recognized the voice instantly and, as carefully as possible – hoping to avoid worsening her headache – Selena opened her eyes to see her young boy, David, standing a few feet from her – a stick from a branch, it seems, held in his hands and pointed at her. “Marden! With white hair!”

The platinum-blonde took a moment to take in the appearance of her son. He wore snow pants and a big, thick brown jacket, which made Selena wonder how the boy was able to swing his sword. Surely the coat would be limiting his movements – and the eyepatch he wore over his right eye couldn't be helping things. Still, if he wasn't a cute little three-year old pirate.

“Marden?” Selena asked, her voice just below speaking volume.
“You know where the treasure is!” declared the boy-pirate as he pointed his stick-sword at his mother.
“I do?” Selena raised an eyebrow. “What would this treasure look like?”
“I...” the boy's eyes widened. “I don't know...” 

“Oh now, you troublemaker!” came a new voice that entered the room, but there seemed to be more steps involved with this new entrant. This voice was older, with a slightly higher pitch than Selena's. But its accent? Selena recognized it at once. “Leave your mother alone! She be needing her rest.”

“But Aunt Gerda!” David whined, turning to face the older woman that stood in the doorway, young infant Amiliah Frost, Selena's third child, in her arms, making her own noises. “You said to see the marden with gorgeous light hair.”

“I did.” stated the babysitter/caretaker of Selena's children. “But I also said that we were playing outside so as not to disturb your mother, didn't I?

David's eyes seemed to widen as he recalled that initial part of the game's introduction. 

“Ooops...” he turned his head to look at his mom, his face looking like he had just broke an irreplaceable antique. “I'm sorry...” he muttered his apology.

“That's alright.” Selena smiled. “Are you having fun, David?”
The boy nodded his head eagerly. “Aunt Gerda and I are looking for clues to hidden treasure.” he exclaimed. 
“Is that right?”

Again, the young boy nodded before he tilted his head to the side a little. “Mommy...”
“Hmmm?” hummed Selena, trying to influence/keep the noise down as much as possible with the use of her inflections. “What is it, darling?”

“What's a marden?”
Selena shrugged. “I have no idea. I've never heard that word before.”
“I didn't say 'marden'.”Gerda sighed as moved from her spot by the door. “I said 'maiden'.”

“Oh!” Selena replied before turning her attention back towards her son and ignoring the pain of her headche. “'Maiden'. Well, son, a maiden is another word for lady or women – what mom and mommy are.”

“Like Elsianna?” David asked.
“Of course.” Selena replied. “And Amiliah-” she gestured towards the baby before then gesturing to the older woman that held the baby. “And Gerda as well-”

“Pfft.” was the response that came from the baby-sitter. “I haven't been a 'maiden' in forty-some years. I've passed my expiration point and am now in my madamnhood”

The two adults shared a laugh before Gerda fussed and ushered Killian out of the way, on their way to find the 'maiden' that held the next clue to his treasure hunt. Selena saw them go, but her eyes grew heavy, causing her to close them before the pair could make it back to the door. She faintly heard the sound of the door closing as well, though part of her doubted if she was still awake or she had already begun dreaming.

But when she felt the kiss on her cheek and a head lean against her shoulder – it was like cold water on her person, causing her eyes to snap open and her head to turn to see eyes... a slightly different shade of blue than hers, but very similar – the same with her hair.

“Hello, little one.” smiled Selena as she sat up, wrapping her arms around her oldest daughter. “Why aren't you playing with your brother?” she asked.

The oldest of the Frost children, dressed in a black sweater and black jeans, merely shook her head. “He wanted to find the treasure on his own.”

“I see.” Selena replied. “Well, he's just trying to find his way in the world.” she explained, reaching with her hands to run them along the gloved forearms of her daughter in a gentle hug. 

“Did you ever have siblings, mother?” Elsianna asked.

With a sigh, Selena slowly answered. “I... I do... but it's difficult.”

The answer seemed to catch Elsianna by surprise, causing her to lean away from where she sat on her mother's lap. “You do? Why didn't you tell me?”

Biting her lower lip, Selena chose her words carefully. “Do you know your Aunt Amy and Aunt Lydia?” she asked, earning a nod from Elsianna.

“We don't see them much.” Elsa stated with a slight sadness, her gloved fingers playing with one another. “Last time – they got mad, didn't they?”

Selena could only nod her head. Deanna's sister, Amy Springs, and her wife, Lydia, and their daughter – while Lydia and her child had no issues with the Frost family, Amy had never forgiven Selena or Deanna for taking her sister away from Kentucky. She saw Selena as someone that hoodwinked Deanna with the 'big city attractions' and Deanna as 'ungrateful' for leaving her at the first chance she had. And when Selena had had to explain to Amy about Deanna's incarceration-

How could you?!
You were supposed to protect her!
I knew this was a mistake!
I told you she was lying to you!

That and a whole string of insults both to Selena and to Deanna – well, Selena had slammed the phone down and almost broken the plastic receiver of the landline phone.

“Well, there is a wide age-range between me and my brother.” Selena explained. “He was born when my family didn't really know me – and they lived, sort of, without me knowing them. So, he doesn't see me much as family. Do you understand?”

It was the best way she could explain it. Her father, Donovan Frost, having lost his memory, had tried to re-establish his life as Jonathan Van Hohenheim with his wife, Selena's biological mother, Alejandra Seemeri. In that life, they had given birth to one child – Peter Van Hohenheim – currently a university student somewhere in California, and while Selena had asked about him, Peter had made it clear that he did not see himself as a “Frost” anymore than he saw Selena as his “sister”. It had hurt, but, ultimately, Selena had lived most of her life thinking she was an only child and fatherless – so she respected Peter's wishes, visiting only when he wasn't there and never bothering him.

“Yes, mother.” She heard Elsianna reply to her earlier question.
“Why do you ask?” Selena inquired. “Something up?”
Elsianna shook her head. “Just – David is different than Ami.” she explained. “Ami smiles so much when I'm around her – and when I'm not, unless she's with you or mom, if I'm not there soon, she cries a little.”

“She's your little sister.” Selena smiled. “Brothers and sisters are different, I think.”
“But mom and Aunt Amy-”
“I can't speak for all siblings, darling.” Selena tried. “But I don't think you need to worry. Your relationships with David and Ami will be different – but I know they know you love them. And I know they love you. But they look to you as an example on how to live their lives as they grow. For Ami, you're her idol, I think.”

“M-me?” Elsianna stammered, earning a smile and nod from her mother.
“And David? Well, he is the middle child and he wants his own identity of sorts. Give him time.”

“Oh, calm yourself, ya loud dragon!” Gerda's loud voice rang from outside, followed by louder screams of a young infant.

“She really does scream if you're not there...” Selena noticed.
“Yeah...” Elsianna sighed before gently hugging her mother. “Are you going to get some more rest?”
“Maybe.” Selena answered with a tired smile. Part of her wanted to do her job as a mother and play with her children... but she was also supposed to see Deanna today – not the visit she desperately wanted, but still, a visit.

“Thanks, mother.” The gloved beauty whispered.
“Anything for you-” Selena's voice stopped, her eyes widening in alarm. It was as if some great horror had dawned on her, making her at a loss for words. If Elsianna had noticed her expression, she surely would have been worried. As it was, however, by the time she had reached the door and turned to wave at her mother, Selena had quickly slapped on a smile and waved back at her.

Conceal...Don't feel... she begged of every, properly functioning part of her, but her mantra only held out until she heard the door close and the bolt slide back into the lock with a soft 'click'. Her torso slumped forward, her head falling into her hands as she shook, tears beginning to spill out of her eyes and onto her knees. To anyone that saw it, this scene would make no sense after the conversation she had just had with her daughter... but they would not know one disturbing fact under the surface, under the very skin of the young, platinum-blonde.

The fact that, as she had sat there, watching her daughter go... Selena could not remember her own child's name...

The Royal Letter

How do I start this? Do I use the traditional “Dear True Believers” when they know that I am talking to them and about them very often? I'd like to think they deserve more credit than me needing to 'stick to a format' when it comes to this letter. Truth be told, I started writing letters and doing a letter-based format for my promos years ago to help me get used to talking to people on more of a social and performance level.

So, do I start normally? Or do I accept that things aren't normal. That the last time I was in an SCW ring, it was another war. Which seems to be my 2019 summed up nicely. One war after another. From Bree to Giovanni to Xander. And I know there's varied opinions on 'who did what' and a certain superstar would love to explain how I 'deserve what I got'.

Maybe I do. Maybe I poked the bear when I defeated him at Rise to Greatness. Maybe I did deserve a beating after being proud of that. 

But here's the thing, Xander – SCW didn't. The SCW Universe didn't deserve what you put them through. Neither did my wife. Neither did the staff. And you can slap on a smile and spin your lines however you want. But, if you want to know if I believe you now? If I believe you're a 'changed man' or that you're 'following the rules'.

The answer is 'no'.

I still don't respect you. I still don't believe you. I think Sasha put a leash on you, thinking it was enough to hold you back. And maybe it is, for now. But when you cage a beast long enough, sometimes the beast gets angry. 

Sasha wants to use contracts and legalities to keep you in line... but you proved to me the best way to do that was to have a strong hand on your leash. And that's what I am – that's what I will be, Xander. Because I saw you. I saw you hesitate – unable to chase me into the stands. So I kept the fight where you could fight me. Where you could follow. I took everything you had – and I came back for more. And like the damn beast – the monster that you are – you came so damn close to breaking me over and over again. 

I'll be honest, Xander, there were moments that I didn't know which way was up and which way was down. There were moments that I wasn't sure how I managed to get to my feet....

There were moments that I can't even remember. I don't remember going through that table – but the pain in my body and seeing it tells me otherwise. I don't remember getting out of the arena, though I know I did, otherwise how would I find myself in a tournament a few days later.

You are every bit the monster and executioner that you claim to be, Xander. And that's not me being respectful. That's me telling the truth as it is. But you still could not beat me. And no matter how you play it over in your head, that will be what keeps the collar on. That what I did to you in July? What I did to you last weekend? It wasn't a fluke. It wasn't luck. As you said: “It was me... being better than you.”

So... this war between you and me, Xander? It's over, yeah... for now. 

That's what Sasha told me. That's what the world has stated. And you want to walk along your, what was it? 'Murder trail' or whatever you called it on Twitter – can't believe you didn't do something more creative in relation to your Executioner moniker, like “Death Row” or something, but anyway – you want to challenge superstars? People who can fight back? I can stay out of the way and do my own thing for that. You want to be destructive as a 'wrestler', yeah... I can let Sasha take charge on watching you and maintaining the contract you signed.

But let me make something clear to you, Xander. You step out of line and attack people who can't fight back again? You touch another person in the audience? Endanger another crew member? Then Sasha won't have to worry about calling the cops. Because, like at Clarity, I will dump you on your ass again – only this time, I'll drag you to that jail cell, lock you in and make sure the key is destroyed and you rot in there for the rest of your MISERABLE life!

Am I a little angry? No. I just am drawing a line in the sand – and you know, Xander, I am one person that KNOWS how to back up what I say and one person that knows how to deal with you. The one person that isn't afraid of you, Xander.

I already knew that I wasn't, but Clarity? Well, it became clearer. Because, for as smart as you are, as dangerous as you are, Xander – all it took to break that for me was for you to open your mouth.

You told me that you and I were the same? That I was wearing a mask that you would expose and have the world see me as the monster I truly was? Why? Because I took pride and delight in beating the unholy hell out of you? Let me tell you something about me, Xander. I could have done so much worse...

You think I couldn't track you down to your house? Come through the front door and use whatever the hell I could find to end your career? Why not? You came to my house. And if we're the same...

You think I couldn't break Artemis' arm, Xander? You think I couldn't make her bleed like I made you bleed? Why not? You attacked non-wrestlers. And if we're the same...

You think I couldn't track down your son, Connor, Xander? You think I couldn't find him and hurt him? Why not? You came after my wife, didn't you? And if we're the same...

Let me make this clear, Xander. You and I are NOTHING alike. We will NEVER be the same. Because I would NEVER do that. You think that because I attacked you viciously that we are? Fighting to protect my loved ones. Fighting for vindication does not make me a monster – sure as hell doesn't make me you. It makes me human. And that's what I am. That's what I've always stated that I am. Not a saint. Not a perfect being. I'm human. I'm a woman who loves with all my heart and protects what she loves.

You...with all your gifts...all your abilities. You're so unoriginal. You're just like every other person that's come my way, screaming how they will 'crack the code that is Selena Frost!'. 'Remove the mask that she's had all these years! Expose her!'

Go talk to the current tag champions, Xander. They've chirped the same thing – you and Christy could compare notes. You guys do that because, deep down, you failed. It's the same sob story. Christy failed to take the United States Championship from me, Ravyn failed to beat me, and you failed to knock me out and humiliate me – so you twist the narrative, thinking you've unravelled this great mystery. But come next Breakdown, I'm still here – the True Believers are still here – and I'm still me. No heel turn or nothing.

Yes, I can use that term because this – all of this to me – is real. You guys, all of you, are looking for some crack in my armor or mask or whatever because you can't comprehend that I don't wear a mask or armour. I don't wear disguises. I don't want to. I want to succeed or fail as me. As Selena Michelle Frost... and being that real? It scares the hell out of all of you. Because if I am truly that genuine. If I am that honest and true to myself, then what the hell does it say about all of you – the ones that sold out to get ahead, claiming “I did what any of you would have done”? The ones that backstab their friends and family because they “need that title”? The ones that are so afraid to succeed or fail on their own, that they bring an army to every match...

What does it say?

Well, I can answer that by looking at the beginning of that spew of “masks” and “fakeness” that's come from such people. And, ironically enough, far as I can remember, the source also had the last name Valentine. But this one and I have a rather interesting history. 

*sigh*

Autumn... how are you? It's been a while, hasn't it? I can't remember the last time you and I faced one-on-one. I know we've done it a few times, and I particularly remember the first few – but before you come on and spew the diatribe you obviously borrowed from your old pals in Dark  Fantasy, let me say – you should have copyrighted that stuff.

I mean, here we are, six years later, and EVERYONE is using it. Every superstar that hates me? The Brees, the Siennas, the Syrens, Ravyns, Christys, and as I said, even Xander – using the words that you spat my way six years ago. 

Do you remember, Autumn? It was you leading the charge – proclaiming to the world that I was a coward. That I was selfish. That I was never truly a soldier or defender of SCW. That I was in for myself. Do you remember that, Autumn? Christy had been hung upside down by the Coalition – I had found out too late and you? Well, you just couldn't stop dragging my name through the mud. You then went on to beat me, talking about how you were going to show how the Women's title was above and beyond the Adrenaline title and, in the process, show how fake I truly was.

Hmmm... “a betrayer of SCW”, “in reality, a selfish brat”, “fake”...

You know, I would have thought those that copied you would have learned from your example, Autumn. Because here we are, six years later, and who was it that bailed on SCW? Who's been coming and going in and out of SCW multiple times? Who sold out the people that cared about her? Who bailed on the fans? Who's never stuck their neck out for SCW since? Who turned out to be 'fake'?

Or am I mistaking you for another Valentine, Autumn? Six years later, I'm here, giving everything I have to SCW – laying everything, including my own health and career on the line over and over again. You? Can barely make it to film a promo for your matches – if that. I'm still fighting for the people and vision of O. D., like I was back then. You? You're playing hot potato with the tag titles with your old pals from Dark Fantasy – yeah, as if THAT wasn't planned.

See, Autumn, the End of the Year is the anniversary of my debut in SCW. And around that time, I look back on where I was, when I started, and where I am now – and honestly? I could not ask for a better start to that – a more fitting start to that – than facing you. Because I wish I knew then what was going to happen to both of us, so I could laugh in your face and tell you what a damn hypocrite and liar you are! So, instead of fighting to prove myself, I would have just slapped the taste right out of your filthy mouth!

And maybe this is left over frustrations from Clarity boiling over or maybe I'm just having a bad week, but hell, when I think of you, I remember how you looked down on me – this rookie that just wanted a place to belong. A home to call her own – and how you mocked me, insulted me, and had me needlessly defending myself, when all along, you were the sellout! You were the selfish brat! You were the one that was fake!

Maybe this is where you make use of your tag-team name and say you give “zero frogs” about what I say or what you've done or that I'm right. Maybe you repeat the lines of Dark Fantasy about exposing me?

Well, let me do that for you. I'm looking forward to this, Autumn. I'm actually REALLY looking forward to this. Because while I haven't changed much in my beliefs or my faith in SCW – I sure as hell have changed in my abilities. I'm not that little girl intimidated by a Women's Champion. I'm not that easily influenced rookie that just wanted to defend her good name and reputation.

I am the Face of SCW. I earned that name by defying people like you, exposing THEM as the cowards and the sellouts and the cheats. I drew a line in the side of what it truly means to believe in and stand for SCW. And every time you – or someone like you – thought they could make me into something I'm not: a crook, a thief, a monster, a selfish spotlight-obsessed hog, I sent them packing.

And I can assure you, Autumn, that 'sending you packing' is exactly what I plan to do. I plan to show you how different things are from where we were six years ago. I plan to show you just how much I continue to fight and represent SCW. The thing you need to ask yourself now is:

What are you going to accuse me of after I finally shove all your words down your damn throat with a swift kick?

Think about it, hit me with your best shot, and say hi to the tag-team champs for me Wink

Sincerely,
Selena Michelle Frost
The Face of SCW