Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Las Bandidas de Gata Negra vs. The Wonderland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Valeria Garcia & Maria Vencejo vs. Cain Adams & Alice Ames

4 RP Limit for tag

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, January 14, 2020
ooc: So, I need to make a few apologies first, both for this being a promo-only effort and for no-showing my last match and being seemingly nonexistent since then. Long story short, before the holidays my internet was shut off on me due to a supposedly late payment that I know I made on time, and it turned into a roughly month long dispute that first couldn't be fixed because "it was the holidays" and then the adamant insistence that I didn't pay. Today it finally got sorted out, and I even made my payment for this month too to keep them off my back, but it's been a mess trying to get refocused on doing this with the short notice of getting it back and being unable to keep up too well because all our work computers have sites like these blocked to keep us from doing anything but the work we're supposed to do and all that. Lengthy apology out of the way, I still hope this suffices and my next effort will be a more proper and complete one.

As our shot opens, it's immediately very clear where we are. After all, when you're in Cleveland, Ohio, you'd have to be blind to not recognize the illustrious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The pyramid-like building proudly looms behind the bold statement of “Long Live Rock” that has been erected in red lettering right in its own proverbial front yard, where it where two familiar woman are currently situated on this cloudy and slightly chilly day. Maria has hoisted herself to sit atop the word “Live” in this little display, seemingly not caring about whether or not she's actually allowed to do this or not. The carefree look on her face as she hums to herself is a contrast to the always stoic demeanor of the ever-calculating Valeria, though this look is in startling opposite to the calm tune she's playing on the simple guitar in her hands as she leans up against the wording. Even when she begins speaking, her strumming continues.

Garcia: To many in the music business, the building standing behind us is the ultimate end goal. Being enshrined here is the culmination of a career of hard work doing what you claim to love, selling albums and tickets to concerts and making more money than most will ever know doing the labor of an everyday human being. It's just like many in SCW who aspire to one day be good enough to have their name be listed on the company's website as being a proud member of its own hall of fame, never mind the fact that plenty of names in there have a questionable place among the so-called absolute best in this company's entire existence. It feels somewhat fitting that we would address you all from here today, considering the age old line that most rarely see enacted: that little asterisk followed by the words 'subject to change.'

Valeria's guitar playing shifts to a more somber-sounding tune, though Maria seems to get a chuckle out of this which earns her a glance from her partner before she resumes.

Garcia: Ever since SCW started its promoting and advertising when the year officially began for them, we've been hearing all about how Cleveland will be the sight where Maria and I will do battle with the persistent and insufferable Truelove Twins all over the right to officially be deemed number one contenders to the tag team titles. I'm sure there are several teams that have taken offense to that announcement alone, considering they feel they should still be in the running and find themselves on the outside looking in because of Sasha's bold declaration to 'wipe the slate clean' and start anew this year, so falling short in that ladder match back at Clarity was effectively a death sentence no matter how deserving you may or may not truly be after the fact. Considering a team many of you revile came out the victors, it's no surprise. But... we aren't facing the Trueloves all of a sudden, at least as far as I last heard. I wouldn't be surprised if this was some sort of trick to throw us off, in all honesty, but if the news is to be believed, the match is no longer happening and that open slot as tag title challengers is still up in the air while the two of us faced a brand new tag team, composed entirely of sheep following the pied piper into his rabbit hole in hopes that they can be as mad as him.

Valeria closes her eyes and slowly gets more immersed in her playing, which is actually really good and probably caught many watching off-guard at this hidden talent despite the fact that this isn't the last time we've seen her with a guitar in hand. Maria takes a glance toward the building behind her before turning her gaze back to the camera, her native tongue being what we hear at first.

Vencejo: <The key to the supposed greatness of many names enshrined for all eternity in the building behind us were the ideas they had for trying to revolutionize the business, not unlike the ideas of one Giovanni Aries to do this exact same thing for SCW. And in many cases, the way these ideas came about gave birth to that popular ideology of 'sex, drugs and rock and roll.' If you ever heard half of the lyrics to songs produced by the all-time greats, if they weren't singing about something they shouldn't have been consuming, they were probably doing just that to put themselves into the only state of mind that would allow any of them to believe even half of what they preached to the public. I know that Valeria has filled me in on the long-running accusations of Giovanni conducting himself in these matters despite passing all tests, but it is not hard to make yourself appear clean no matter how much technology advances to try and say otherwise. Even if I remained at home and didn't join my friend in the ring and never heard of this man, his beliefs alone would have me questioning what he was on to actually believe any of it. Though, I suppose if they're truly interested, I could probably point them in the right direction on where to find more, though I can't guarantee their safety should my name happen to come up in conversation.>

Maria giggles to herself, knowing that anyone who actually understands her will be trying to piece together the meaning behind her cryptic statement while those who don't know a shred of spanish will have absolutely no idea what she's throwing out. To that end, she proceeds to switch her language of choice following a cautionary glare from her partner.

Vencejo: Fun and games aside, though, questions do need to be asked. Why the sudden change? Where did the Trueloves run off to after all that huffing and puffing? What does that mean for the two of us trying to position ourselves before a prize worth stealing from its current owners? But perhaps most relevant of all to what IS being presented to us now... what are Cain Adams and Alice Ames on to have started believing anything that their so-called puppet master is spouting off about? I mean, he keeps speaking of a hidden kingdom of lizards that's poisoning all of us, and yet he limits his focus to one specific wrestling company to try and purge it of a threat that, if we are to believe him, should be warranting greater attention elsewhere. I mean, for all anybody knows America is being run by a lizard masquerading as an orangutan, and yet I see no call to arms to try and save this country and many others from his attempts to destroy the world built on false promises meant to hold an allure that would entice people far more than a couple of pounds of gold bolted to a leather strap.

Valeria stops playing and shoots Maria perhaps the oddest glance we've ever seen pierce through her usual stone-faced demeanor. Despite the amusement she's displaying, there's a look in Maria's eyes that makes it seem like she's fairly serious about this conspiracy theory she's trying to pitch to the man on a crusade to end the tyranny of the lizard kingdom. With a sigh as she recomposes herself, Valeria sets her guitar down and folds her arms across her chest.

Garcia: I do find it cute that Giovanni's hand-picked disciples have such meaningful names, assuming they aren't simply names he gave them to fit with his twisted view of a world that simply is not fixable by any one human being even if he were to command a small army. While Alice is very on the nose when it comes to the Wonderland idea he continues to preach at the world he's been fighting for this entire time, Cain is quite the interesting identity. After all, do the stories from the bible not paint Cain as a murderer of his own kin and the supposed originator of evil? So, Cain, how long should we expect to wait until you stop stringing Giovanni along and proceed to stab him in the back in order to begin your own crusade of trying to be a filthy hunter of gold and respect just like everyone else that populates this planet? Or am I overstepping my assumptions simply based on how little I know about you?

Garcia: And now you know how it feels to be Las Bandidas de Gata Negra. Week after week people believe they know who we are and act in accordance with their blind faith, especially considering how long I in particular have been here now. I am an enigma no one can figure out, from a change in names to partners to the way I conduct my business, and it never stops people from thinking they know exactly why I've done any of it or why I even continue to spend my time doing something I've fully admitted in a past life I have no passion for. I can only assume the two of you will operate under the same pretense while sprinkling in some of that Wonderland propaganda that's supposed to convince us that we should abandon our hunt for tag team gold because it's the 'right thing' to do for the sake of SCW. If that's truly the way we're going to play this game, then what kind of followers of your 'savior' are you truly?

Maria hops off the word and lands beside her partner, shaking her head as Valeria retrieves her guitar.

Vencejo: I think you should know by now that we're not going to believe any of what you have to preach, and the reason why is in our names very clearly that even someone who doesn't speak spanish should be able to decipher it. We are the proverbial bandits of SCW, here to simply take what we believe is ours and move on to the next prize. We're not exactly hiding those intentions, and yet at the end of the day we cannot be stopped from putting gold in our crosshairs and hunting after it. But if the two of you believe you'll have better luck taking us down that the Trueloves would have, then by all means... <show us what The Wonderland is truly capable of.>

Garcia: <Otherwise, you're going to be reporting back to your general in failure, praying that you still have a place in his army.>

With one last strum of her guitar, Valeria and Maria take their leave, though Maria stops and glances at the giant words before rolling her eyes and shaking her head before following her partner in crime as we slowly fade out.