Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Jay Gold vs. Autumn Valentine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, January 14, 2020
OOC:  It felt SO REFRESHING typing as I did when I first started out back in 2003!  I do hope things organize themselves for you Alexis as I just saw your OOC in your other match thread.  I'm posting this though as I did just finish and it begins build for what I'm working on for the PPV.  I'm sure we will meet again in singles action at some point.

_______

[Once upon a time I used to eat, drink, and sleep SCW.  Once upon a time I wanted to compete and win, the right way.  For about 6 years I did just that.  The wins and the championships piled up.  I was content, because I was earning all the opportunities and accolades.  The people loved me for it.  My wife loved me for it.  Heck even a good portion of my fellow combatants were a fan of me.  For example Josh Hudson.  It was back in those days where he too, just like myself, were working our way up the ranks.  At the time I was not the biggest of fans on how he went about things, but I knew he wasn't all that bad.  He wasn't all about attacks and schemes.  He wanted what others of us like myself, Greg Cherry, Jason Zero, and CHBK were getting... and that's opportunities.  The point I'm getting at is that he never needed to physically attack people to get what he wanted, and lo and behold, he got to the top himself.]

[Fast forward to today's SCW for a bit and we see that the majority of the current champions or champions of the very close past have needed some sort of devious plot or aid to get what they wanted but didn't truly deserve.  Watching these past few years, I have seen it grow progressively worse and worse.  The SCW World Championship back in the old days was mostly earned by those who held it, the hard way might I add.  I mean I went right through the air and ate the Elimination Chamber's steel and came back to survive it all and win that championship!  Hell even Greg Cherry, who turned on me, earned it against me a few months later.  I hated him at the time, but looking back on that, in the end on that night, he was better than me.  It is something all of us "Old Guard" accepted.  We dusted ourselves off, picked ourselves up, and moved on.  That is what I see in Selena Frost.  That is what I see in Peyton Rice.  That is what I see in Owen Cruze.  And I'm not at all surprised.  They are here for what I am back for, to compete to the best of our ability and earn our way to glory.]

[Sorry Ms. Braddock, I don't mean you.  I do admire that you've taken fault for Clyde Sutter's actions, but you are in no way innocent.  I have watched you, so more to come on you at some point.  As a matter of fact, I have watched ALL of you.  I hope some of you will change being that we are now in a new year, but sadly I don't see that as likely.  I don't mind if I end up being corrected.  No matter what happens it's not up to me if you change or not.  It's up to yourself.  I know to some it will sound like I'm standing up on a soapbox and speaking down to you, but that's not it at all.  That is NOT why I came back.  I didn't come back to assume that role.  Enough of you do that already as it is.  Nope, I'm back to make the old new again.]

[Who knows?  Perhaps my first opponent back and her lackey will actually learn something, being they are stuck in the same rut they were in the last time I was around...]

DATE:  Wednesday, September 4, 2019
TIME:  8:59 PM

[It is the night before her first day of middle school.  My oh my she has grown up so fast.  She has always had that cute aura about her and I know that sooner or later Martha and I are going to lose her to a boy, just like my parents and Martha's parents lost us to each other.  For now though it is all about to begin, with Martha and I on the other side of the fence this time.]

[I sigh as I look to the staircase.  Most nights in the past Martha has been the one to tuck Sarah Vixen in.  But tonight my daughter has asked for me.  I saw it in her eyes just after dinner.  She's nervous.  Even after seeing what the middle school looked like, and even though she knows she will be in the same classes as some of the elementary school kids she has grown to know over the past 5 years.  We have all been there once though.  Young and scared in a big and bad world.  None of us at the ripe age of 9 would be able to even fathom that we could do evil deeds.  Yet here we all are.  Sigh...]

"I think your father's coming."

"I need him right now."

[I make my way up the stairs and when I arrive I stand right outside her room, right at the doorframe.  The moment she sees me her arms extend forward.]

"Dad, please tell me I have nothing to be nervous about.  Mom says I don't, but I just... don't know.  I feel like-"

"You're growing up?"

"Yes.  I just don't know if I'm ready dad."

[I look to Martha who is sitting on the edge of our daughter's bed.  I nod to her.]

"I'll take it from here."

"Okay."

[My wife gets up and leaves the room, heading over to the red room, as known as our television room of the house.  As soon as she's gone I look down at my daughter.  Her usually soft blue eyes look to be almost ready to pop out of their sockets.  It's my job to soothe her, and I'm ready for it.  I have always been ready for whatever has come my way.]

"Sarah dear, everything will be okay.  Yes, middle school will be a time of change for you, but remember that all of your classmates will be experiencing those same changes.  And besides, your mom and I will be right here to support you.  We aren't going anywhere."

"Well yeah I guess.  But the school is double the size from what I'm used to.  I already feel like a small fish in an open sea.  I just don't know if I'm ready."

[She puts her head down, still looking frazzled.  I take Martha's place at the edge of the bed and lean down a little, placing my right hand under my daughter's chin.]

"It's for that very reason that I know you are ready.  Everyone experiences this.  Everyone has to take that leap.  No one will ever be the big fish in a small pond forever Sarah.  Not even your mother or me."

"Oh."

[I leave my hand under her chin for a bit longer before she sits up.  I remove it as she moves to sit on the side of her own bed at my side.]

"I guess I just hope I don't get swallowed."

[That makes her own self giggle and me chuckle.  I look over into her eyes once more and they seem to have soothed some.  I guess laughter is a good medicine.  She looks over into my eyes now and asks a question that I thought might come.]

"But... why do I feel so strange and different dad?  I feel like my childhood is ending."

[She says this with her sad little puppy dog look in her eyes, that cute one that I have grown oh so accustomed to.  I was prepared for this, having heard from Martha what she went through as a child.]

"You're growing Sarah, in many different ways.  Look, your mom and I will be here.  Sometimes you will want to talk with me and sometimes you will want to talk with mom and not me, and that's okay.  You're becoming a young adult.  It might occur fast or it might occur slowly. But even if it occurs faster than you want and faster than you think you can handle, just come to us."

[She puts out a small smile but then surprises me with a tight hug.]

"Thanks dad.  And I promise, I won't do anything stupid or greedy or evil, unlike a lot of those girls in SCW."

[She releases the hug so I can look at her again.]

"I know you won't."

"You and mom have raised me well.  I guess um... I guess I should get my sleep.  I'll see in the morning dad?"

"Yup.  If you want I'll even bring you over to the bus stop, being it's your first go on the bus."

"Oh yeah.  I almost forgot about that, being we live less than a mile from my now old school, I had to be driven or walked in."

[That brings a tear from her eye.  I catch it and wipe it away from her eye before it falls.  She then places her hands on my arms.  I lean in and kiss her forehead gently before retracting.  I give her another look and truthfully tell her something.]

"You will be fine.  When you get home tomorrow after school, after I'm home from work, if you want to tell me anything, anything at all, I'll listen."

"Thanks dad.  You and mom are the best."

"Thanks Sarah.  Goodnight."

"Night dad."

[I get up and go to leave her room.  She blows me a kiss before laying back down in her bed on her soft, comfortable pillow.  Before I go I take one last look at her tonight.  She really has come a long, long way.  It hasn't always been easy but she has made it.  She has made it to the next stage in her life.  Soon I know it'll be my turn to make it to the next stage of my own.  I know she wants me to return to the ring.  I just don't know if I want to yet, seeing all that has been going on...]

DATE:  Tuesday, January 14, 2020
TIME:  10:03 PM

[I have been here before.  Then again I have been many places before.  However since then I have grown up, in many different ways.  I got married to a lovely lady.  We had a wonderful child together.  We have led our own lives, away from the hustle and bustle of Supreme Championship Wrestling.  Well, at least for the most part.  I know I have been back around a few times, mostly at the announce table, but none of those times were even close to the same.  Even when I came back for the Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal a couple years ago to earn money for my daughter's collegiate future, even that wasn't the same as I was not a full-time competitor.  This time around it isn't about the money or the fame of being viewed by millions of people around the world.  I have made myself clear on that.  But there are those who will doubt what I have said.]

[As I stand here now right outside the Quicken Loans Arena, I close my eyes.  I try to see the future, but I cannot.  The future is unknown, but soon enough the first chapter of the Golden Years will begin to take shape.  Tomorrow night in fact.  My eyes open, and I hope those who have been on autopilot open theirs too.]

"It has been ages since I have been here.  Not just in Cleveland either.  I mean in the presence where I know I will be competing in a wrestling ring.  It has been a year or so, maybe close to two, since I helped out Alexis Quinne with her troubles.  However it has felt like so much longer.  A lot of you are no doubt thinking I have tons of ring rust, but I will say right now that I'm not going to make that an excuse, because it's not true.  I've been getting back into full shape for months now.  Ever since I introduced my young Sarah to wrestling I have seen her eyes, and more importantly, she has seen mine.  She was mesmerized with how she caught me approving of those who would actually just compete and wave all the cock and bull off.  And I saw how annoyed she was when those like Syren and Sienna and Bree would come out, just strutting their stuff and concocting wicked schemes that would only benefit themselves.  Trust me, I have been far more than annoyed with what SCW has mostly become."

"Look.  I know many in the world consider wrestling a soap opera for men, but that is NOT what it is meant to be!  Some of the fans seem to like the garbage, yet the true wrestling fans out there are more than willing to wade through the rubble and only care about those who are truly here to compete and win what their hearts desire!  And no Sienna, just because the people boo you doesn't mean they are giving you attention.  No, they aren't turning you into an attention whore.  They want you off their screen and away from their eyes.  YOU and those like Chris Cannon and Infamous are an eyesore.  The only reason for why you are all still here is because when you all cut the crap and actually wrestle, you can actually go!  None of you need all the drama that you're attempting to create.  You should be able to act on talent alone, much like how SO MANY have before this current crop in SCW."

[I find myself shaking my head, shaming those who just don't want to do things the way they should be done.  But it is what it is.  They will hopefully find it out in the long run, the same thing I found out back in 2009.  That desperation to get what you want, just isn't worth it!]

"But unfortunately so many have forgotten, and it's sad.  Sadly I have to come back to an opponent that clearly still feels like her talent alone isn't good enough.  She feels she has to STILL have the Gobshite Ryan Watson scurrying like a rat along her side."

"So Autumn, there is a flight of stairs right here in front of the arena.  I'll just walk up them right now and turn my back.  Let's see if you and rat will be drawn right to the cheese.  Let's see if you will both come along to throw me down them."

[I reach the top of the flight of stairs, look around, and then turn my back to look down towards the street, which isn't full of much life, being it is after 10 o'clock at night.  I breathe normally and then sigh, waiting to see if I will be attacked or not.  Some time passes though and I am still standing in this same spot.]

"Scheming no doubt.  What else is new.  The only thing that will be new tomorrow night Autumn is that things will not go like they did last time.  There will not be any sneak attack. I will meet you in that ring and show the entire world that I am more than just back to wrestle.  I am back for redemption and to move forward!  This is the main reason for why I am disappointed to face you here tomorrow night.  I don't want things to be about the past, but apparently I must mend the broken wounds of my past before I can move on.  Apparently I have to face you one more time to show the the outcome won't go anywhere close to what you are planning.  So be it."

"Honestly Autumn, I don't care what you're planning, if you're planning anything at all.  But I do know this.  I know that underneath you are seething that I have the chance to be one of the eight Trios Tournament team captains.  It's supposedly to you "one of those chances that I shouldn't get".  Am I right?  I'm stealing from someone younger, right?  I'm certain that is weighing heavily on your mind Autumn, and on Ryan's too.  Obviously though I was picked for a reason, and I damn sure will show why I have this opportunity to be a team captain.  That starts right here tomorrow night in that ring.  Yes, it has been a decade since I have done this full-time, but that heart, that soul, that yearning in me to compete... none of those have ever died.  I feel revitalized Autumn and you will quickly see that you are not facing the Jay Gold of a few years ago.  The old WILL become the new and the Golden Years will begin with you."

[I pause and walk a few steps, feeling the cold night air.  I have definitely felt much worse than this though.  But "worse" is not what I will feel this time around.  Not at all.]

"So tomorrow night, bring Ryan along.  The whole world will hopefully be watching when the Moment comes where you will be dropped to the canvas and pinned.  In the end you and Ryan tossing me down a flight of stairs will not have been worth it.  I want you to see back to that moment as your face gets planted against that mat.  Then I want you to watch on as I will EARN all the opportunities that you see me get, until the day I die!"

"Oh and Autumn, just one last thing for you.  If I end up being a Trios Tournament team captain, I won't be picking you or anyone that you affiliate with.  None of your kind are role models that can be looked up to.  None of your kind are worth it."

[I take one last look at the words "Quicken Loans Arena" that is on the building before me before turning back around and walking back down the steps that lead back down to the sidewalk.  I will return here tomorrow evening.  Tomorrow evening I officially return to SCW.]