Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Danny Darko versus Jester Funn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GOOD LUCK

DEADLINE ONE - 3250 ROLEPLAY 31ST JANUARY 2020 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - 750 WORD SHOOT / SEGMENT 2ND FEBRUARY 2020 2359 EST
The Ashmore Condo
January 15th, 2020
6:46 PM

Danny Darko has finally returned home from his latest “business” trip. It was a long plane ride back from Newcastle, but it was a very happy one. He drops his luggage off by the couch and slinks into the bathroom and flicks the light on. He looks in the mirror and just stares at his own reflection.For the first time in many, many years, Danny Darko, can call himself a champion. Heading into Emerge 33, the highly unlikely tag team if he and Sierra Swann, knew they would be competing for a chance to become Emerge DUOS Champions, but as it turns out they ended the night with those titles.So in that regard, it’s a great feeling to have finally broke that title-less slump that stretched back to before his retirement...but the reason for returning in the first place, the assault on his wife, is the one major thing that Danny almost dreads when he comes home.

Danny calls out for his wife but she doesn’t seem to be home at the moment. That’s right, he’s been so busy but now he remembers that she got some really nice headphones with very good noise-cancelling. She said that our neighbors got themselves a rather large and obnoxious dog. They happen to not be home very often so a nice pair of noise-cancelling headphones is quite handy to drown out the endless barks. He exits the bathroom and makes his way towards the bedroom where he sees her passed out on their bed. She’s got an empty bottle of Jack Daniel’s on the side table next to the bed, but she isn’t wearing her new headphones. Danny lets out a deep sigh as he enters and he leans over and gives a quick peck on the forehead. He can see that she is thankfully still breathing and he just gazes at her. He is also thankful that it’s only one empty bottle and not several. Slowly but surely he is seeing signs of recovery.

Now, unbeknownst to the world at large, the primary reason that Danny hasn’t been as “present” on the Emerge airwaves as you might expect given the impetus for his return to the sport, is due to the mental and emotional damage done to Vanilla Skyy. Physically she is fine, but Danny has never seen his wife quite like this before. And that is really saying something. I mean, they put her in a fucking body bag for fuck’s same. And then they led him to believe he had killed Jason King. It’s difficult to help someone else recover when you yourself are dealing with something like that. Danny decides to take a seat next to her and he starts just stroking her hair. He would really just love to see those beautiful eyes and maybe even a smile. Ain’t nothing better than that. She is passed out cold, though.

Danny would do anything in the world for her, but it’s been hard being around her since the incident. All Danny wants is to have his wife back, but it’s been a slow road getting back there. And really, at the end of the day, there is nowhere he’d rather be than right by her side. He owes her so much and she has seen him through the darkest moments of his life. He isn’t going anywhere.

He wants to wake her up and tell her what happened in England, to share the good news. And maybe leave out the part where he hit Samael in the back with a steel chair to no effect. However, while he has known her for many years, he is not really sure how she would respond if he told her he won a title. A lot of the difficulty right now is figuring out what information she needs to hear right now. He is still trying to wrap his head around all of it himself, really. He always thought that if he would ever be a champion again, specifically a tag team champion, it would be as part Dark Skyy. It was never really his plan. All Danny wants, is to gain any measure of revenge he can possibly exact. It’s uncertain whether or not he is ever going to get that chance. If Vee were interested, she might tell him that the only way to take The Unforgiven down is to take the Emerge Championship from Willow Wilkes. Maybe winning the DUOS Championship with Sierra Swann is all just the beginning of the road leading to Danny becoming a contender for the Emerge Championship. Or maybe he can help Sierra Swann rid Emerge of The Unforgiven at the very least. She definitely seems more than capable and highly motivated.

The one thing that Danny knows for sure is that he is riding a bit of high right now after winning a title for the first time in far too long. He actually feels excited to get back in the ring. Knowing that Vee might not ever feel like getting back in the squares circle means that it might very well be all on Danny’s shoulders to exact that much desired revenge. He will have to tap into a side of him that maybe he thought was long since gone. He is not entirely certain that he can do it alone. A large part of him assumed that Vee would be ready and anxious to get back and raise some hell like only she can. Seeing where she is at today, though, it’s a safer bet that he is going to have to do it by himself. It might be smarter to believe Sierra Swann herself might be a better ally in this fight, seeing as how she has sang Vee’s praises in the past and it can’t have sat well what The Unforgiven did to her. And she is already his tag team partner now, so who knows how that’s going to end up.

To say that there is a lot going on in Danny’s mind right now would be a vast understatement. Luckily for Danny, this is pretty much par for the course...

REC:

Danny Darko has a rare sort of hybrid of a smirk and smile on his face. He looks up at the camera with his menacing gaze and begins speaking.

Coming off what admittedly was a great feeling when I teamed with Sierra Swann to win the Emerge DUOS Tag Team championships, I had a bit of an epiphany. For years and years, I had this belief within me that I had nothing left to prove. I thought I had done more than I had ever dreamed to have accomplished when I first stepped into a wrestling ring...and that was enough for me. However, when I look out across the professional wrestling landscape, I see that even Donovan Kayl has finally hung up his boots and retired. There are certainly a few people in this sport who remember plenty about the feats I’ve accomplished in my career. I started out way back in 2002, which means that for the better part of 18 years, I’ve been a part of this crazy world.

Darko shakes his head and smirks.

I never intended to still be doing this all these years later. Truth be told? Deep down inside, I was hoping that all of this? I hoped that it would destroy me. After all the shit I went through with my childhood and teenage years, I had very little desire to spend too many years on this fucked up planet. As it turned out, I was pretty good at fighting and I found an outlet for my rage and my angst. I had a whole shit ton of people telling me the same damn thing that my dad did, that I was worthless and I would never amount to anything.

Darko pauses and takes a heavy breath before continuing.

Here I am, though, right? I proved all of the doubters wrong! Even if I wasn’t able to beat them in the ring, I sure as hell took a fucking chunk out of their ass in my attempts to do so. So many people’s lives and careers were changed if they dared to insult me or run down my name. I was not one to be trifled with.

And the reason I bring this all up is because the epiphany I had in that match with Sierra Swann, is simply that I still have a hell of a lot to prove. And it’s just not solely about the revenge I seek against The Unforgiven. No, it’s about much more than that. Sierra Swann was very upset about being forced to team up with me. Can you imagine how that felt to me? Once upon a time I was a two-time World Champion and something like a ten-time World Tag Team Champion and one of the most feared individuals in the sport. And yet Sierra was almost apoplectic about the prospects of teaming with me.

He lets out a rather peculiar laugh.

It’s all related, really. Isn’t it? Her anger about being forced to team up with me and The Unforgiven thinking so little of me that they have no fear of what I can do to them in my attempts to avenge my wife. The general consensus within the wrestling world is that I have nothing left to offer and that I’m just living on borrowed time.

He buries his head in his hands and rubs his face. When he looks back up at the camera, he glares intensely and his voice gets deeper.

No more! I am not a joke. I’m not washed up. I will prove that I can be just as relevant to this sport as I was back when I was in the Main Events all the time! It started with winning the Emerge DUOS Championship Titles! I forgot exactly how fucking gooooodddd it feels having a title to my name.

He laughs, likely due to how silly that sounded for a 40 year old man to say.

Got a little carried away right there, eh? In all seriousness, it’s a real nice feeling and I don’t see any reason why Sierra and I can’t have a nice long run with them. You may have noticed that Vee tweeted recently and she’s got a bit of a new look and new attitude. So guess what? I’m going to be far more active and involved with everything around here. See you around…

That old familiar smirk can be seen on the face of the legendary Devious Danny Darko as the screen fades to black.