Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: EMERGExtra January Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I’m Sallie Graham, and welcome to the latest edition of EMERGExtra coming to you live from our new Headquarters in London. I’m here to give you the inside info on the EMERGE brand, and a few rumors going around at the moment as well. So, let’s crack on with it shall we?

I think it would be remiss of me to not open with the Rocky Octavius Memorial, and what was an eventful, and yet emotional event. As of course anyone who hasn’t been living under a rock would know, Peyton Rice and Jennifer Helms would compete in the final, which in itself was a fitting tribute, but would then in turn put on a stellar match, the SCW wrestler coming out top in the end. It goes without saying that the final was a fitting tribute to a young man that meant an awful lot to the wrestling industry. Honestly, for one night a lot of the grudges and rivalries were put to one side which was great to see, and is the way it should be when you are celebrating a young man’s life. I am being told that at the moment there are no plans for this to be an annual event, so I am proud to have played my small part in remembering Ricky. I’m sure his legacy will continue forever, and he will never be forgotten.

Of course, at the time of recording this, we are now heading into our second UK show in Bolton, off the back of a tremendous opening in Newcastle. It was great to get to meet some of our UK fans, and I look forwards to meeting more in the coming months. Of course, we were sad to leave Canada, but I share Drew’s belief that if EMERGE wants to grow, it has to do it from out of SCW’s shadow, and the United Kingdom is the best place to do that. Heading into the next EMERGE event, we have recently been told that ALL UK shows are now officially SOLD OUT, and the Invasion shows are expected to do the same, which is amazing, and at least justifies this Coalition decision. I have another announcement re Invasion: Australia, but I’m going to keep you waiting on that one, but needless to say it’s another sign that leaving Canada was nothing like a backwards step for the company, but instead a significant one.

Talking of significant moments, as surmised in the end of year edition of this show, there were very few of the current roster who failed to come to terms with the company on a new contract. Rumors circulated just prior to Christmas that Willow Wilkes was being spoken to by several companies, but that didn’t stop the EMERGE Champion, and in fact every singles champion signing on the dotted line. Of course, we learned at EMERGE #33 THAT Tombstone were one of the most high profile absentees, and in turn it meant that the DUO’s title had to be vacated, but on the whole the roster remained intact.
In fact, the roster additions came thick and fast, and if early indications are to go by, we should be seeing more of them in the coming months.

First off Julia Boleyn started her EMERGE career with a victory over another debutant Anna Burchard. Julia is a high flyer in every sense, and looks to be someone who could find herself in SPIRIT contention sooner rather than later. Anna is a Buffalo native, whose power packed offense gave Julia all she could handle. It will be interesting to see how both do in Bolton, Julia having gotten the benefit of the random DUO’s draw to team with KALI, and Annabelle having a huge opportunity at YUYO, without the SPIRIT Championship on the line.

We also saw the debut of The Chuke, who may not be the most talented wrestler on the roster, but he could already be on his way to being one of the most popular. In his victory over Jester Funn, The Chuke had the fans in the palm of his hand, and what he lacks in ability, and that’s not to say he’s a slouch, he makes up for in pure charisma. The Chuke, like Julia has benefitted from the DUO’s process, and he will team with Christian Cannon… another fan favorite.
Finally, and perhaps more controversially, EMERGE #33 also saw the debut of John Blair, who we now know has definitely signed, and will compete on the next show against Madeline Masters. John, who was recently seen competing for GCW, came in with a bang, and immediately established himself as someone the crowd can’t stand by attacking Tommy Wasley, after Tommy had already been taken out by the cheap actions of the now suspended Donovan Street. John, like Melissa, seems to be another wrestler with ties to Unforgiven, the group that just seems to be growing so it’s my guess that whether we like it or not, John Blair will be making an impact sooner rather than later.

As I said, love them or hate them, four major additions to an already talented roster.
Whilst we are on that subject, a source close to Drew Bryant informed me just coming into this transmission that the signings might not yet be over, as Drew looks to bolster the roster still further. I don’t want to talk out of turn, or disrupt negotiations as these things are normally done in secret, but I am being told that these signings are not ‘out of contract’ and are very much employed, but intrigued by the EMERGE project. Another currently in talks though I must stress these are not advanced, would be returning to work for Drew Bryant once again, having worked for him under the UWA banner. Also, and again not fully confirmed, it seems that an SCW talent has decided to make the switch in a HUGE coup for EMERGE. Someone regarded as one of the biggest talents in the world, I’ll leave you guessing on that one. But all in all, good news considering everything going on right now with the Coalition and Unforgiven.

Finally before we move on from that subject, it is believed that the reason for contract negotiations breaking down with Tombstone had nothing to do with money, but more to do with the new direction of the tag division. Sources close to them claim that being an actual ‘tag team’ they had no desire to be part of a new division, or in fact any interest with teaming with anyone else. Crucially, they didn’t leave under a cloud, and it is thought that they would be welcomed back if they changed their mind. Perhaps even as Singles wrestlers.

Now, over the past few months, one of the biggest questions I have been asked when meeting with the fans of EMERGE is what is going on with Drew Bryant? I think it’s unquestionable that not many people trust him right now, and yet he still put on the Memorial and donated a lot of money to the Memorial Fund. There has been a lot of speculation regarding the phone call he made, and also on the last show it was clear he didn’t want to speak with Silas or Aiken. So I asked MYSELF the question. What do I think is going on with Drew Bryant?

Well, he made himself General Manager for the live shows, so straight away that looks like a show of power. With the board room the way it is, he knows he will get outvoted on most things (UWA Arena etc), so being GM he still hold some pull over what goes on. Some have even predicted that Drew is the one who allowed Frankie, and indeed Benjamin into the shows. Has the penny finally dropped for Drew, and he’s going to do everything in his power to make it right, or is this Drew just trying to make some amends, by doing some good. Honestly, I don’t know, but this is someone who openly made Sierra Swann the ‘FACE’ of EMERGE. Sierra being the sister of Sienna, he had to know how that would go down. My thoughts, no matter what he does, Silas and Aiken hold all the cards right now and it can only be a matter of time before Drew sells his share to them both and walks away. The one thing undisputable… Drew should stay away from the wrestling business in future… because it seems to me he is either very lacking in judgement or he’s simply jinxed.
In March, our very first Invasion will take place, and it has already been confirmed that every title will be on the line, regardless of what happens at EMERGE #34. It was promised that the EMERGE title will be defended much more than 2019 and that certainly seems to be the case. Contenders etc haven’t been decided yet, and least not openly, but we do know that Sierra and Danny will make their first defense against the people we mentioned earlier, And Sierra will indeed do that in her homeland, in front of her friends and family.

What has been teased but not confirmed, is a huge shake up re the SPIRIT Championship, at least for the coming weeks. As although not a single contender has been named as yet, we will in fact have FIVE before we hit Paris. Does this mean a Gauntlet in Paris? Does it mean YUYO will defend on every show up to that Invasion? Hopefully we will get the answers we need in the coming weeks, but one thing is for certain, YUYO could be about to face the challenge of her life, and the SPIRIT Championship is about to take on a new importance.

Finally, I promised you a huge announcement to close the show and I wasn’t kidding. On the 14th of September, live from the Sydney Superdome, EMERGE was due to Invade, with the third of four Invasions this year. I can now announce that Invasion has now been cancelled and we will now invade Sydney early 2021…

But this event has now been replaced by ‘Heavy is the Crown’, the biggest show in the wrestling calendar. EMERGE’s version of Invictus, Paranoia, and Rise to Greatness. This show will become the biggest spectacle, with the biggest matches. This will be the show when EMERGE legends are made, the highlight of the year. And quite honestly guys… I already cannot wait for the fall. You thought Invasions were mental… wait till you catch ‘Heavy is the Crown’ live from the O2 Arena in London, September the 14th.

And on that bombshell, that’s it from me… make sure you tune in to EMERGE #34, where two titles will be on the line. I’ll be back with another EMERGExtra in February, so till then… so long.