Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost vs. Christy Matthews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, February 4, 2020
OOC: The following takes place within the first 24 hours following “Day of Infamy”.

The Dark Side of the Sun

“Worlds Apart”

January 25th, 2020
Unified Center
Chicago, Illinois
7:58pm

She barely had time to celebrate. She couldn't allow herself that much time. The official had raised her hand, she had posed and smiled to the audience, but it was almost like she was simply going through the motions. Like, now that the match was over and she had accomplished what she had needed to do, the unfairness of her whole situation, which had been weighing down heavily upon her the last few days came back with a roaring vengeance – the cold 'tick-tock' of a phantom clock sounding off in her head.

Briskly, as she did not wish to alarm anyone, Selena exited in the ring. She saw Marie Jones, who had given a more than impressive performance in the ring – getting the winning pin against Owen's team and being the final person eliminated. Ahead of the redhead was Tommy Valentine, who was already two-thirds up the ramp, which wasn't as far as Jay Gold but the former tag-team champion was closing the gap. Not that Selena could blame him. The man formerly known as Thorn had stayed only to see how the rest of the match – which would help decide the order of “picks” for the Trios captains – which now the four of them were – had gone down, same as Gold. The night's show had to go on and Selena was more than happy to make her exit.

Giving a soft pat on the shoulder of Marie Jones as she passed her, Selena was up the ramp and behind the curtain in seconds, but it wasn't until she was a very steps out of the gorilla position that she began to sprint down the halls, ducking this way and that past staff and other SCW talents. Her legs complained over the harsh introduction of more work, but, huffing out a harsh breath, Selena doubled down on her efforts, rushing down the path she had practised over and over again in the hour before the pay-per-view had started, committing it to memory. She had discovered the fastest route from her dressing to the ring and back and also from her dressing room to the parking lot, where she had hoped Eric, her chauffeur and friend, was waiting for her- preferably having ordered an Uber or taxi or something fast!

I hate this... her mind whined as she burst through the dressing room, barely having team to notice the three women gathered within it, eyes on the television – or were . For as Selena had barrelled in, the attention was on her.

“Sorry...” Selena gasped as her eyes scanned the room. “I can't- I just-”

She barely had time to register the tallest blonde, marching towards her – her sister and comrade – thrusting the duffel-bag, Selena's, into her hands.

“Go!” Regan Street implored. “Get moving!”

The other two women, Delilah and Mikalea Street, eagerly nodded their hands in agreement with the Street/Helms matriarch, and while Regan was dressed in her black catsuit of a wrestling attire, the other two young women were dressed in more social clothes. Still, the Snow Queen did not have the time to take in all the details. Her eyes became glued on Regan's.

“Tell me you need me to stay here.” She demanded, her voice laced with worry. “Even if you have an inkling of doubt that he's going to do something.”

A strong hand placed itself on her shoulder, the Hellcat giving her partner a squeeze to try and calm her. “I'll be fine.” she reassured. “If he tries anything, then I'll do much worse to him. Trust me.”

She almost wanted to laugh in good humor at Regan's confidence. The Hellcat was, by and far, a more quick-trigger and punishing superstar than Selena was. It had taken weeks of being pushed for Selena to embrace harsher attacks against her opponents of the past like Bree, Giovanni, and Xander Valentine-

But that was just it. This was Xander Valentine. And while Regan was far beyond more confident in facing him than Selena had been – Selena was the one who had the experience... and it was what made her uneasy. What made her question Regan's words.

Xander was a monster. Far more dangerous than any other superstar in terms of physical strength, ruthless attacks, and relentless assault. She had lived through three encounters, but each one had taken a toll on her that she could not speak of, except to her wife-

My wife... her mind growled. She didn't want to blame Deanna for this current state of things, and she really didn't. It was the fact that Deanna hadn't said a damn thing about it! She had kept quiet, maybe even hoping Selena would forget...

She did it for you! her mind chided. So you could focus on winning tonight! Focus on doing the right thing for- A quick shake of Selena's head broke the line of thought, bringing her back to the present just in time to hear Mikalea's voice.

“We'll look after her.” she promised. “Hurry and go.” she insisted. “She's waiting for you.”
Selena laughed. “She's probably asleep.”
“And the more you spend with us...” Regan reminded her sternly. “The less time you have with her! Go!”

Biting her lower lip, Selena surrendered to her friends' prompts, choosing to trust them all with Regan's safety. Leaning in carefully, the platinum-blonde kissed Regan's cheek goodbye. She wanted to tell her. Tell her sister than and there what she had decided... but she couldn't. She couldn't distract her like that – Regan didn't need that now. She needed her mind on the present. Needed to be focused...or else...

“If you get hurt.” she warned in a whisper. “I'm kicking your ass.”

She barely heard the laugh of a response, as she was already sprinting out the door, once more taking the path down the halls and sections of the Unified Center, the roars of the crowd and the show – Day of Infamy – still continuing. Gods, she had never left a show this early in, at least none that she could remember in recent history...

Though given your history with concussions, that could not be saying much...

She ignored the thought as her sapphire eyes spotted the double-push, metallic doors that lead to the parking lot, a rush of gratefulness of not getting lost filling her. She had been upset that her match had not been first on the card, that honour going to the Adrenaline championship – she mentally reminded herself to thank Asher in-person later – but at least she didn't have to wait for Ace's and Syren's team to go.

The doors grew closer, but as they did – a feeling of dread began to take hold in Selena's chest.

What is it? she asked herself. She said she'd be okay. Mikalea and Deliliah said the same thing! And she's so much more aggressive than you! She'll have Xander down in minutes!

The dread did not fade as she reasoned with herself and continued her steps. In fact, Selena was quite sure it was growing and as her hand drifted forward, a mere breath away from the cool metal of the door push-bar, images assailed her mind. It started off as memories: Memories of her being powerbombed into a steel-cage flooring. Of having her head cracked open with a monitor from the announce tables. Of countless chair attacks.  But as she recalled these memories, they seemed to shift and reform in her mind...

Until it wasn't her in them any longer. It was Regan.

It was Regan bleeding from her head profusely. It was Regan being almost hung from the cage's chains. It was her sister that was powerslammed from the apron into the announce table.

SHE SAID SHE WOULD BE FINE! the roar of her mind tried to drive out the thoughts but her hand still would not push open that door. Rather, it slowly reached up to trace along the hairline scar that marked her left eyebrow. And it was with sudden clarity that Selena realized:

In her war with Xander Valentine – the dangerous bastard – she had begged Regan to stay out of it. No matter what happened, no matter how bad it got, to stay in the back and not get involved. And Regan had honoured that request.

The Hellcat had made no such request or forced Selena to make such a promise... She had simply said she would be 'fine'.

Lowering her pale hand, Selena felt the coolness of the metal across her fingertips, casting one last glance back down the halls. I'm sorry... she muttered before pushing the door open and walking through. I'm so sorry...

January 26th, 2020
Frankfurt Prison III
Frankfurt, Germany
2:58am

Deanna tossed and turned as she lay on the bottom of the bunk bed. She didn't know what time it was. There weren't any clocks around that she could see, especially with “lights out” across the prison-cell sector. There was moonlight coming in from some of the windows, and the glow of the red “Exit” signs did make some things visible, but, for the most part, she was in the dark.

And I can't sleep... she sighed as she gave up again, kicking herself up and out of her bed to walk the small distance of width in her square cell, pacing as softly as possible.

“You're gonna piss off your cellmate if you don't stop.” the voice came from above on the top bunk. “You've been tossing and turning and sighing and crying all night.”

At first, Deanna didn't say a word, moving quietly to where she knew her prison bars were. Reaching up, she placed her hands along the cold metal – they reminded her of the cool hands of her lover, her minx when they would caress her warm flesh.

“I can't sleep.” she whispered.
“I can see that – well, kinda.” came the reply.
“Go back to sleep, Shar.” the redhead sighed.
“Gladly.” the life-sentenced woman whispered. “Why don't you pace back and forth and I'll count Deannas?”

In the dark, Deanna rolled her eyes at that, she didn't need to see much to know that there were others who were awake as well. Some were nighthawks, their sleep patterns changing with the days and nights. Others...well, she knew she wasn't the only person with problems here.

“Jesus, Red-” the sound of movement from the above bunk and suddenly, Deanna heard the sound of feet landing on the floor nearby her. “I'd figured you'd want to get some sleep tonight. Isn't tomorrow your 'special day'? For your wife?”

The darkness hid her sad smile as the young redhead lowered her head, placing her forehead against the bars of her cell.

“You're gonna be like dead-weight if you don't get some shut eye-” Shar continued until Deanna's voice cut through her spiel.

“She's not coming.”

There was a long period of silence – not even the ticking of a clock could be heard. Her smile didn't fade – sad as it was – but she did feel a few tears falling down her face.

I did the right thing. Deanna told herself, though that did little to replace the sadness she felt. When Selena had visited her earlier last week, showing Deanna how their youngest child, Amiliah, had learned to walk – there was so much joy... Deanna had cried, she had been so happy and proud of her baby. Still, as if part of some cosmic balance, the happiness did bring with it its own sadness. For while the sight had filled her with joy, it served as a reminder of how much of her children's lives she was missing. Could Amiliah fully speak now? How was David progressing with that – and what if Elsianna's hands? How was she coping with her scars?

But the day/visit had gone so much further than that. As the Frost family spent the day together, Selena had spoken of many things. The new, multi-year contract she had signed with SCW – and all the concerns she had with it. The issues with the titles and feuds...

Honestly, Deanna couldn't remember everything when it came to that company, but there was something she had recalled with sharp clarity. Selena had spoken about being named a captain for the Trios Tournament – or, rather, being part of a team that could have a kind of advantage going into Trios. Deanna shook her head. Her beloved wife had spoken up and down about how nervous she was. How she had never lead a team before. How she had never been a leader for people beyond representing a standard and set of ideals...

The redhead, even now, could almost laugh at that. Could not her pale, beautiful wife not see that she had been a leader for so long? She was the head of the household, regardless of how much Selena insisted both she and Deanna were. She had been in charge of the initial projects of Four Seasons Imperia – the production company that had made a few films years ago before Selena had decided to focus her time on family and wrestling. She had lead countless decisions for the family – plans to ensure their safety. Hell, she had orchestrated an attempt to rob a hospital and regain property of her frozen embryo eggs – a plan that hadn't worked but...

Deanna shook her head. Selena was a born leader – she just couldn't see it.

But what had saddened Deanna was the the look in her wife's eyes – she had forgotten. With so much on her shoulders, Selena had forgotten that the day after this supposed show – what had Selena called it? Day of Fame? Something like that – was the fourth Monday of the month...

The day of Deanna and her wife's allowed conjugal visit.

Biting her lower lip between her teeth, Deanna sucked in a sharp breath. How could Deanna tell her? Distract her from something so obviously important. If it was just something that Selena, herself, and only Selena, herself, was part of, of course Deanna would have mentioned it. But there were others that relied on Selena. People that needed her there to be part of the team. That needed her.

“Are you mad?” came her cellmate's voice.
“No.” Deanna answered quietly before turning back into her cell, using her hand to feel the walls and feel her way around back to her bed. “I'm sad, but I'm not mad at her. Other people need her.”

“Yeah...but you're her wife.” Shar whispered and Deanna felt the weight of the mattress shift as she sat down on it, and a second time when Shar joined her. “Doesn't that mean something?”

Part of Deanna wanted to cry at that. Wanted to be selfish and say that it did mean something: that her wife should be here on time – be here for her... but that part was quickly quashed by the reality.

“She's done...” Deanna whispered, her voice shaky. “So much for me. And it's my fault that I'm here.”

A moment of silence filled the cell, broken only by the light breathing of both women, until Deanna spoke again.

“I know I can't compare to you, but I'm set to be here for ten years.” she sighed. “And she... my wife... she looked in my eyes and told me she'd be there each step of the way – and would be there when I was released, ready to continue our lives together.” her hands clasped together. “So maybe...maybe I can forgive her if the rest of the world needs her sometimes too...”

There was no immediate reply from Shar. The woman – closer to Selena's age – merely took Deanna's words in before giving a sigh. “You're a romantic sap. You know that, Red?”

Earning a smile and laugh from Deanna. “Yeah, well... when you find it... you will be too.”
“Not me.” Shar admitted. “I rather be without it, then have it and not have it – get it?”

Without another word, Shar pulled herself back to her top bunk, her larger frame compare to Deanna sinking into the worn out springs. Deanna watched her cellmate in the dark for a moment before settling down into her bunk again, clutching the poor-excuse for a pillow closer to her, wishing she could feel pale arms wrapped around her waist, spooning her like only her minx knew how to do.

Rather be without it, then have it and not have it...

Sadly, as Deanna closed her eyes to try and sleep again, she understood what Shar was saying... she understood all too well.

January 25th, 2020
Unified Center
Chicago, Illinois
10:28pm

There was an eerie silence in the gorilla position, even through the show still had a main-event to present. Giovanni Aries still had to face James Evans and the fans were expecting that. Be that as it may, nobody said a word as Regan Street was helped behind the curtain, held up by Delilah and Mikalea, both girls each taking an arm and shoulder from the bloody Hellcat, helping her stay on her feet as she walked from the ring, her match with with the damn executioner of SCW having concluded.

“Jesus...” came the muttering of one of the tech staff as he sat from behind a monitor. Much like everyone else in the room, the large man had seen this kind of damage before. Hell, the last few months, it had been another blonde that had walked through the curtains the same way. Still didn't make it an easier seeing the talent mauled like this.

Still, much to Regan's credit, she kept her head up, muttering curses as she walked. Blood streamed from her mouth and nose, the clear sign of Xander's damage, though, after watching the match, it didn't take a genius to know there would be other injuries as well.

“Can't believe that bastard used a chair.” muttered Mikalea.
“I can.” huffed Delilah as they managed to get Regan just to the exiting set of curtains. However, upon seeing the blonde-haired woman standing there, both Mikalea and Delilah stopped in their tracks, mouths agape.

“Selen-” Mikalea started, only for the Snow Queen to suddenly be by her side, gently removing Regan from her side.
“Let me.” she offered, her voice barely above shaking. “I'm stronger.” it was a mere statement, not an insult.

Carefully, Mikalea traded positions with the Face of SCW, Selena wrapping Regan's arm over her neck and shoulders to support her weight.

“What?” Regan lifted her head, still a little dazed from the match and the now-fading adrenaline that had coursed through her system. Upon seeing the sadly-smiling platinum-blonde, however, her green eyes widened and she huffed in frustration.

“I told you to get going to Germany! TWICE!” she spit out a little blood onto the floor.
“And I told you that if you got hurt that I would kick your ass!” Selena countered as she began walking with Regan and Delilah.
“Well excuse me! I didn't know he was going to bring in a chair.”
“Yeah...Not thrilled with that.” Selena agreed.

She had stayed behind – hating part of herself but not as much as she would have if she had left for Germany at the beginning of the show. Her feelings just couldn't be ignored. Every warning in her had told her that she needed to be here for Regan – needed to be here in case things went south. Regan had been rather pissed at seeing her sister-in-arms a second time that night, but the two had discussed one last strategy and it had seemed to do more good for Regan's confidence.

As for Selena – well, she had disobeyed Regan a second time after Regan had left... Well, really... Selena thought as she stepped past the curtains Mikalea held open for the three women. How much did you disobey her?

Let's see: First, you stay behind when she tells you to leave.
Second: You lie to her and tell her “oh – the plane needs more time to prepare so I thought I'd stick around... she probably doesn't even believe that!

Third: You stick around AFTER she tells you to go for a second time!
Fourth: This.

Selena huffed. She had stuck around, the dread in her refusing to leave, even after her second talk with Regan. Instead, she had hidden away in one of the further bathrooms, sitting in the stalls and watching the rest of the Pay-Per-View from her phone. When she had seen Xander use the chair, however, she had bolted from her hiding spot and made it back to the gorilla just in time to see Regan being carried out by the others.

“I'm sorry.” she whispered.
“Don't you fucking dare!” spat Regan. “You're not even supposed to be here!”

Biting her lower lip, Selena held back any scolding words or even quick remarks. This wasn't the time for that. She had been where Regan was – as Regan had been where she was. In fact, with Deanna in the Frankfurt prison, Regan had been the one to look after Selena when the Snow Queen had been the target of Xander Valentine.

“Besides...” she could feel Regan smile despite the pain. “You should see the other guy.”
“Did you get him good?” Selena asked, humouring her sister.
“She punched out Artemis and planted Xander after those chair shots.” Delilah explained, her voice shy and soft. “Mikalea had to wrestle the chair away from her.”

“That's not even the best part!” Mikalea started but stopped suddenly as-

“EXCUSE ME!” came the high-pitched, ordering voice, causing the three non-injured women to turn their attentions ahead just as the tanned, smug blonde came within sight. “Beyond important matters coming through!”

On instinct, Selena slightly bent her knees and lowered herself, her legs flexing to provide a sturdier base as Sienna Swann, her bodyguard Xiomara, and Chris Cannon strolled into view. None were dressed to wrestle – which wasn't surprising as the former World Champion wasn't booked for tonight's pay-per-view. Still, it wasn't difficult to note the differences between Sienna's white blazer and Selena's black leather jacket and royal-purple shirt underneath. One looked like a model and the other looked like something from a gang or MMA... the truth of that causing a small smile to tug at Selena's lips.

However, upon seeing the trio of ladies, Sienna's eyes seemed to widen a little, a slight sneer coming from the corner of her mouth. Still, she refused to break stride, holding up a hand to gently push Mikalea out of the way. “Excuse me.” she ordered politely. “Important business.” she stated, Chris Cannon holding up the manila envelope as if to emphasize that point. As she reached Selena, however, the Snow Queen standing stationary with Regan, Sienna did not hesitate.

With a sharp check of her shoulder, Sienna shoved right past Selena. “Excuse me, bitch.” she spat quietly and sharply. The young Frost had been expecting such a juvenile antic, her braced legs only making her upper body move a little – a precaution to keep Regan as steady as possible.

What she wasn't expecting was the strong hand that reached up and yanked her iconic braid with a harsh tug!

“Hey! Leave her alone!” Delilah tried to sound tough, but her inexperience was beyond apparent. Ignoring her, Sienna gave another sharp tug, this one getting a hiss of pain from Selena – her whole body shaking in anger, wanting nothing more than to spin around and beat the unholy hell out of her.

A second hand launching out to grip Sienna's hand harshly stopped that train of thought – and to the Ironangel's surprise, the glaring, almost deadly stare came from Regan, the blood on her face making her look like something from Game of Thrones.

“Back off.” she warned, her voice booking no room for argument.

Slowly, begrudgingly, Sienna's fingers loosened, Selena feeling her braid being released. Still, it wasn't long before a laugh came from Sienna. “Well...” she spat. “She's not worth my time.”

With a turn on the balls of her foot, Sienna continued on her way towards the curtains the four women had just left, Cannon and Xiomara following. Selena did not watch them go, nor did she move until she was certain they were gone.

I hope you choke on your spit out there and they boo you right out of the goddamn building! her mind roared angrily. Every part of her was tense, the anger of the entire day's events just stockpiling with this latest display by Sienna.

“You okay, Mrs. Frost?” Delilah asked, breaking the Snow Queen's silent fuming. Turning her head, she offered the young girl a smile and nodded her head.
“Come on.” she prompted. “We need to get Regan to the medic room.”

Working together, with Mikalea leading the way, the women managed to get Regan into the appropriate room just as Selena spied another person running down the halls to meet them. Unlike Sienna, however, this person brought a smile to her face, as she recognized the tattoo arms and stubble of a face.

“She in there?” David Helms asked, pointing to the open door Regan had been taken into.
“Why, David!!” Selena exclaimed in mocking jubilation. “Fancy meeting you here! What are the odds?!”

A slight smile giving away his amusement, the Hall of Famer rolled his eyes. “Okay...yeah...got some explaining to do...”
“You think?” Selena laughed. “I am not envying you right now.”

Both people cast their glances into the room, where Regan was being checked by the medic on hand.

“She pissed?” David asked, a slight trepidation in his voice.
“Well...she's 'Regan-mad' over the match...and Sienna did give us a little annoying display on the way here so...” Selena smiled at the older man. “Probably.”

A groan came from Helms, who had exchanged his wrestling attire (or disguise was the proper term) for jeans and a black t-shirt, before he quietly made his way into the room. While Selena did begin to follow him, she stopped at the door to lean against the frame. This seemed more like a discussions with David and the Streets-

“WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?!”

The voice came from Regan and Selena almost winced at the tone. Oh he is SO going to get it. she sighed but stopped when she noticed that the Hellcat's gaze, while her face still had blood on it, wasn't on her husband, demanding an explanation for his deception... but on her!

“Wha-me?” Selena asked, pointing to herself in surprise.
“Yes!” Regan huffed. “For the third and final time! GET! GOING! NOW!”
“Easy, Regan.” David tried. “She was just here to help.”
“Oh no!” Regan jerked her head, turning to glare at her husband. “You, sir, do not get to talk right now! No no! You are in more trouble than you can imagine! And I am entirely aware that Selena is here to help! But tomorrow is her monthly visit to Deanna... and she needs to get to Germany!”

Of course David Helms understood what Regan was referring to – Selena had confided in him when she had confided in Regan. But, unlike Regan, this was new news to David, who turned his head to Selena in surprise.

“You'll...” he tried, checking the watch on his wrist. “You'll never make it...”

“I...” Selena sighed sadly. “I know.” she finally admitted. “Even if I go now, there's no way I can get there by their time.”

“So what?!” came the voice that broke the silence that came from Selena's words. The question was thrown by Regan. “So you're late! Better late than never!” she added for good measure. “Five, six – hell, even one hour is better than none with her! Isn't it?”

It was enough for Selena to turn her gaze to Regan. It was different coming from Regan – maybe it was because the woman had given up so much for her own family, while Selena had sacrificed and risked so much protecting hers. Maybe it was that understanding from both sides that Regan's words meant so much. Whatever the reason was, it was enough of an understanding that Regan's next words were encouraging, imploring.

“Selena. Go on.”

Giving one nod, Selena turned to head out, but stopped to gaze at Regan. Go ahead... you can tell her now.

With a smile, which evolved into biting her lower lip, Selena called out. “Regan...” gaining a smile from the Hellcat.

“Pokemon.”

Was all she said before she was off like a shot again, running down the halls to get to the parking lot, get to Eric... get to Deanna...

January 26th, 2020
Frankfurt Prison III
Frankfurt, Germany
3:30pm

Deanna sat on the bed, this one so much comfier than the one in her cell. Alone or with someone, she was still owed this time inside the private room for conjugal visits. Still, unlike her cell, this room had an annoying little thing about that was FAR MORE annoying when Deanna was alone.

This room had a clock in it – and the damn thing wouldn't shut up!

Tick...
Tock...
Tick...
Tock...

For nearly six hours, broken by naps in-between but still a long time, Deanna had heard that time sound over and over and over and over again, almost as if the clock was mocking her with its passage of time.

She's not coming... it seemed to say, as if the redhead wasn't aware of that already.

Then why am I here? she asked herself for the umpteenth time. Maybe she wanted to prove Shar wrong. Maybe she didn't want to give up on Selena. Maybe she wanted Selena to prove her wrong – she wasn't sure... Maybe, at the end of the day, she could enjoy the peace and quiet away from the other inmates and unprofessional guards/officers that she had to deal with.

Pushing herself off the bed and adjusting her blue prison suit, Deanna felt the cool tiles on her bare feet as she walked the room for the umpteenth time, her hands resting between her collarbone and the top of her breasts. She had spent her time here pacing, waiting, taking a clean shower, and even some yoga she use to do at home (and when she had the space and privacy here). Not necessarily in that order, mind you, but still, she had done her best to keep her mind busy out of risk that Shar's words would continue to haunt her.

She didn't want to blame Selena. She could blame SCW, but really... how fair would that be? It wasn't SCW's fault that she was here... in fact, Deanna wasn't sure who's fault it was – besides her own, but still... she didn't know why. That bothered her night and day and day and night. She knew why she was here, but she did had no idea why this had happened to her. Why was she in here for ten years? Why had a jury found her guilty of something she never did?!

Quickly, tired hands flew up to massage her temples, trying to drive the thoughts out of her head. “Think about something else.” she told herself. “Sing a song or something”. She tried. No song came to mind. And she didn't really want to sing. She sang for her wife and for her children...

None of them are here-

The door to her door suddenly shifted and moved – more specifically, the door handle shifted and moved, causing Deanna to freeze in her tracks, emerald eyes glued to the door. Slowly, it opened to reveal the sad smile of Sergeant Walden – one of the few good cops in this whole prison.

“Anything, Sergeant?” Deanna asked, hating how hopeful her voice was despite this being the fourth time she had asked.
The dark-colored woman, about Deanna's size, shook her head. “Nothing, dear.”

This earned a nod from Deanna, who slowly turned and walked to the window, gazing through the bars. She could see the grassy fields outside, not a sign of snow or winter anywhere. Symbolic... she thought bitterly.

“Can we get you something to eat?” Walden asked. “I know, usually, your wife brings something, but we can get a tray from the cafeteria...”
“No, thank you.” Deanna sighed, refusing the same question she had been asked for the past three hours.

Tick...
Tock...
Tick...
Tock...

Deanna's jaw clenched as she heard that damn clock again. She didn't want food. She didn't want time. She didn't even want answers to the questions she kept asking. I just want her... her mind screamed to whatever god or universe was listening. I don't care if it's just for six hours or one hour or ten minutes... please, I just want-

“HOLY SHIT! WHERE'S THE FIRE!”

The scream caught Deanna and Walden off-guard, coming from the prison cells just down the hall from where they were. Without a glance back, Walden closed the door behind her, keeping Deanna inside, the sergeant, herself, rushing down the hall.

Stupid fights or riots- Deanna sighed, referring to her fellow inmates. Why did they feel the need to cause as much trouble here as possible? Did they not want to leave? If that was the case, they could have her years – cause she'd be happy to-

“Calm down, please! There's no need to run...” the voice sounded like Walden and just down the hall. “Thank you. I appreciate your cooperation –“ her voice grew louder. “These guys will look for anything to cause a ruckus.”

The sound of a door opening down the hall filled Deanna's ears.

“Is the door unlocked?”
“Not on this side-”

Deanna's heart leapt into her throat at the first voice. The one that wasn't Walden's! With energy she didn't know she had in that moment, the redhead flung herself towards the door, grabbing the handle and twisting it to the side to fling open the door.

There, on the other side of it stood her wish. Her platinum-blonde hair was unruly, a total mess. There were bags under her eyes, as if she hadn't slept all night. And while she smelled clean, like a fresh shower, she wore track pants and a t-shirt. As if she had just thrown something on and ran here as fast as she could...

“You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.” Deanna cried, tears falling down her cheeks.
“Look in the mirror.” came the response, tears falling down Selena's face as well as she stepped into the room.

The door hadn't even fully closed before Deanna was in her wife's arms, Selena clutching her like a damn lifeline. “I'm sorry.” the platinum-blonde cried. “I'm so sorry!” she repeated those words over and over again as the two sank to the floor, refusing to let go of eachother.

Despite their lack of time, it would take an hour of them talking and holding each other like this before Selena could explain everything to Deanna fully. Tell her about Regan and Xander and why she couldn't come sooner. About Trios and what her plan was.

More importantly: they made up for lost time, the two Frost wives determined to make their six hours together feel like twelve. And as Selena held Deanna in that bed during the final hours of that night, Deanna, despite being in the dark again, merely smiled as she snuggled close to her wife.

I'd rather have it...and know I have it... she decided... and it wasn't a decision she wasn't going to change any time soon.

The Royal Letter

Dear True Believers and members of the SCW Universe,

There seems to be a theme going into this week's Breakdown in Portland. A notion or idea that resonates loudly based upon recent events. And that theme is the concept of “messages”.

It's not really surprising. All of us wrestlers use it at some point or another. Look at what you're viewing right now. A Royal Letter. The reason why the idea of making a statement or sending a message is so much more important tonight is because of the aftermath of “Day of Infamy”.

And to be clear: I am NOT talking about Sienna Swann teasing her “cash-in” for the umpteenth time only for her to say “nah. Not tonight”. Sorry, but that got old after the first week. Even James Evans, the world champion, is going “you're going to cash it in for a world title shot at Retribution. Just do it already.”

No, tonight is important for statements because the team captains will make their play – take their picks – for their teammate for the Trios Tournament. I must admit that I am rather excited about that. That, after two years, I finally get to return to the Trios Tournament. I’m beyond thrilled to make my announcement but also excited to see what the teams will end up being once the random drawing is done as well. I think that will be exciting in and off itself.

Speaking of which – the buy-in match and making a statement and the Trios Tournament – there's been a number of superstars... roster members, that have gone to Twitter and elsewhere to voice their take on “how the captains should choose their members”. People like Blake Mason and Sienna Swann, just to name a few. On one hand, I found it rather arrogant that such people are telling those that earned the right to make this choice how to think and how to choose. On the other hand, it's not like that's the only thing that's been hounding me this past week. Since my promo for Day of Infamy, certain roster members came forward as well to poke at the name I was given by SCW - “The Face of SCW” in relation to my choice of words in my last promo. Statements/Messages like:

“The Face of SCW doesn't talk like this.”
“The Face of SCW wouldn't have to bring such things up.”

And so on and so forth. And again, I could look at these messages – these statements – and talk about the arrogance of those that spoke them, people acting like they “know better” than others or trying to bully others into acting different with their words... but, in actuality, I find the truth to be far more powerful of a statement.

So, to those that want to govern how I should “be the Face of SCW” or how I should “choose my teammate for Trios”, here is my official statement:

None of you have this opportunity. To be team captain or to be “The Face of SCW”. I wasn't handed those things on a silver platter. I wasn't gift-wrapped that name or the opportunity I have at Breakdown to name a teammate. I got both of those by working hard, putting in the effort, fighting for what I believe in, meeting every single challenge and – by far, the most important – being me. That's something certain roster members/wrestlers can't seem to grasp. I didn't become “The Face of SCW” by pretending to be something. I didn't get that name by “acting” like Sienna did with her “For the People” nonsense or pandering to anyone. I got it – in the simplest way – by just being be. Now, do I say things that may not be agreed upon by everyone? All the time. Do I sometimes put my foot in my mouth? You're damn right I do. But that's me. Good and bad. Highs and lows. That is me. And if I listen to your statements of “how I should act in order to be 'The Face of SCW' or how I should 'be a team captain', then I would be going against the very thing – the very notion – that got me there in the first place. And, at the end of the day, I rather be me then someone I don’t recognize.

All my career, there have been people like those in Infamous and the Beauty Network that have declared up and down that I am playing a 'facade'. That my whole existence here in SCW has been over six years of me lying to everyone to get your attention, get fame and get money. And despite this, I've never changed my stance. I've remained part of those fighting and believing in SCW while those same people, like Christy Matthews, have changed their tunes, colors, allegiances, values etc.

And speaking of Christy Matthews, it would seem that this Breakdown I am set to face her once again. So, I wonder, Christy, what will be your vendetta this time. Last time you and I faced, it was when you were handed a shot at the United States Championship I had just won. Now, I like to point out that, when it comes to statements of discrediting me and proclaiming that I am two-faced, facades, etc. There are few people that do it as nauseatingly often as you, Christy. I mean, building up to that match, you were talking about how your daughter, a fan of mine if I remember correctly – hope she's doing well, by the way – needed to be shown what a 'fraud' I was. That I wasn't this 'fighter of justice' or 'believer of SCW'. That you were the real hero of sorts in SCW.

A very bold statement, Christy... and how did that night go? Did you accomplish your supposed mission?

For those of you that do not recall, this was when Katya D. was temporarily in charge of SCW. And to reward Christy Matthews for backstabbing all of SCW so that Katya could have said power, Katya gave her a match against me but also instilled that one: Alexander Crowe was to be the guest referee. This allowed Christy to choke me with camera wires without getting disqualified and for Crowe, the supposed 'unbias' official to constantly attack me during the match.

Tell me, Christy, did your daughter ask any questions about that match? Or did you shield her from it so that she didn't know who the real 'fraud' was in SCW? I could also ask the same question regarding how you and Zero Frogs played hot potato with the tag titles during those house shows. Did you tell your daughter the truth or was it more important that “mommy looks the hero”?

See, when it comes to messages and making statements, I really am amazing at how you can spin it, Christy. I mean, you are right up there with Sienna Swann in how you can literally twist the narrative until it is something so ugly... but what kills me is that you actually seem like you believe your warped version of reality. I mean, after I survived and retained the U.S. Championship against you, what was it you said? That you “exposed Selena Frost” because you “made her attack an official”...

I'm sorry, Christy, but when the official is attacking me, was I suppose to just take it and not defend myself? Were you just “following the rules” when you choked me with those cables?

It doesn't matter to me, Christy, what your 'message' will be this time, my dear. As has become usual with Christy Matthews vs. Selena Frost, we both are going to have to dig deep to come up with a solid plan. I'd like to say that it's because of your talent and abilities and knowing each other so well as wrestlers, but let's face it – given our history – we both know it's going to come down to Crowe and Ravyn, your tag-team partner, getting involved. That's Infamous for you. We all saw it at “Day of Infamy” with how they retained the tag-team titles. And that is what it will come down to tonight. Not so much a matter of 'if', but 'when' Christy will employ that method.

And just like last time: I'm going to rise above it, dig deep down, and find a way to win!

What? Were you expecting me to be upset, Christy? Were you expecting me to be angry that I know I'm walking into a two or three on one kind of deal here? Are you kidding? Defying those odds and beating you to the ground? That's one of the most fun things I get to do in SCW! I mean, last time Katya gift-wrapped a title shot to you and you still couldn't get the job done... now? I get to put you through that all over again, but this time, it's going to sit in your head a whole lot longer.

Because, like I said, tonight is about making a statement. Sending a message. And guess what, Christy? I've had one since the last month of 2019. If you will recall, I stood in that ring with Regan Street and we declared ourselves as 'on the hunt' for the titles you and Ravyn carry. The World Tag-Team titles of SCW. We came out as the new tag-team Frozen Hell and made our statement in defeating the Stewards a short time later. And here I stand now to tell you that that day – with me and Regan holding the World tag-team titles – it's coming. It's going to happen, whether you and Ravyn and the rest of Infamous like it or not.

But as you have proven time and time again with your declarations of me and your twisted narrative, words can either be the strongest or the weakest forms of statements. But thank Odin that tonight's Breakdown is all about making statements. That being said, I won't make any promises about how “Oh if I beat you...” nonsense regarding Regan and my place within the tag-team division... we already vowed that we were going to work our way up the ranks and earn our tag-team title shot, rather than just have it handed to us like Zero Frogs did for you...

But that isn't the statement I am looking to make tonight, Christy. No, the statement I want to make tonight is just how ready Frozen Hell is to take on you and every other team out there. The message I want to make is what standard Frozen Hell is incorporating into the tag-team division. And what better way to do that than to do what I know how to do better than most people? Kicking your head off, pinning you to the mat, and beating you once again?

Tonight, Christy, I shall set the stage for my team in Trios but I will always set the stage for Regan's and my tag-team going forward. Tonight, you and Ravyn officially are put on notice by us. Tonight, we begin the countdown until Frozen Hell achieve their mission... and become Tag-team champions of the world.

Believe it, Christy. And welcome to the real world!

Sincerely,
Selena Michelle Frost