Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Maria Vencejo vs. Jake Starr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

1 RP limit

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, February 11, 2020
OOC Note: Between my daughter and I, two types of the flu are gracing my household!  So this was what I could get done between dealing with her and my own problems.  Apologies to everyone, including my opponent, for not being able to give 100%.

-----------------------

Jake Starr: SCW has been a place that I have called home since 2009.  It has been a place where, I'll be honest, I've wanted to achieve more than I have anywhere else.  I thought nowhere would ever surpass the OWF, the place where I truly cut my mainstream, professional, teeth, in this business, but SCW has been just that.  For me, that means a lot.  For me, it tells me a lot.  For me, it says just how important SCW has been to me.  It's something that I've felt nowhere else.  Since that day, SCW was my life.  It was every ounce of my soul and when I would fail, when I wouldn't get my way, when I would come up short, it would be a personal slight to me.  It would be that moment where someone was trying to harm me, harm my reputation, and harm my legacy.  I looked like a petulant child over everything.  I garnered a reputation that made me a feared opponent, yes, but someone who wasn't building the legacy that someone like Syren, Kennedy Street, David Helms, people like that were creating.  I was doing the same, if not more, and being the first to do this, that, and the other, and yet, my attitude and disrespect for the organization, and hell myself for that matter, kept my name from being in that echelon.

So I was an idiot, let it consume, and tried to kill myself...

No, I'm not rehashing the story.  Because that's not what this is about.  That mentality led me into darkness, and after the End of the Year battle royal, I felt myself and my body try and descend back into that darkness, and I had to figure out how to not allow it to happen...

Enter Jordan Majors...

Jordan, she was the one who basically slapped me during that downward spiral, and reminded me of where I had let myself get to over something so trivial.  She reminded me that I had failed myself and SCW by allowing that mentality and darkness into my life.  She was that voice who I could vent to, and then she turn around and tell me where I was falling short of the growth that I had set forth for myself once I returned.  She was that voice of reason.  She's someone who I appreciate beyond everything, and everyone wondered how the Trios qualifying and subsequent "draft" would impact that relationship.  So I figured, I'd offer my two cents because the shit talking will be around the corner, and right now, it's not about that...

Going into the Day of Infamy, I was worried.  Jordan and I hadn't stood opposite one another, and I thought it would impact our relationship.  I thought one of us wouldn't be able to handle it.  I didn't know who, but I feared the worst.  I was wrong.  Then I candidly told her I wasn't going to ask for her draft pick and she needed to draft who she felt gave her the best shot, and she did that.  I'm honestly proud of her.  She did what she needed to do, and didn't feel pressure from me to be obligated to pick me.  Like I told her in the hallway, I'd try and find my way into the tournament, if it was meant to be, and luckily, I was that second to last random draw.

Which let's be real... It still is better than being the "last one picked" regardless!

Before that, though, I had an opportunity I never thought I would get so soon.  I literally was handed a one-on-one title opportunity, here in SCW.  I didn't expect it.  I didn't ask for it.  I got honored for the chance.  Not only was I honored, I capitalized on the chance.  I went in against someone I was unsure about facing, and knew very little about, and I somehow pulled out a victory.  But then, irony set in, and that's when I was put on a Trios team, and that team was captained by who I just defeated.  It was one of those moments where, honestly, you couldn't have scripted it better.  You couldn't have made it up.  I defeat Kelsei, she shows me how talented she is, and then I get randomly selected to her team, and I couldn't have had a better night.  Sure, it would be great to fight alongside Jordan.  But you know, thinking about it, I think this is how we both would have wanted it.  While we team up, while we develop a relationship years in the making, we still have individual goals.  This continues to allow us that opportunity.  We both know we will be able to potentially cross paths, fight, and move forward.  We've shown that to one another.  And in the end, we both know that we'll be happy for the other should we not individually win.

.:: Jake takes a breath. ::.

Now how does this all tie in together?

The fact is all of this positivity, the fact that I am a champion, the fact that I'm in the Trios, all of this usually gets in Jake Starr's head.  This kind of momentum usually makes me think I'm invincible, and on my way to proving I'm the best.  None of this proves any of that.  It proves I am simply having a good run.  I am earning opportunities, and getting lucky in being drafted, and I'm appreciative of it.  I feel honored to be in the position I'm in, and I feel like it's something that I have truly worked for.  It's a new feeling.  I don't feel like I'm deserving, or entitled.  Hell... I was blindsided to even be in that Television Title picture, but the fact is, I feel like I have earned a little respect from the masses from the hard work and effort that I have put in.  Now I see why those guys are in a different point of view than I was.  And now I know and realize why they kept fighting down their path.  Does that mean I'm simply following their path?  No... It means that I appreciate it and understand it.  I realize I can't go down the path I did before.  So that's what I mean.  It means I'm not who I was.  I'm not mentally where I was.  And honestly...

.:: Jake gets a smirk on his face. ::.

... I think everyone should be terrified!

You see, Jake Starr was always that guy who people knew how to break.  It was easy for everyone to get in my head and make me, effectively, battle myself.  Now, that isn't the case.  Now, I'm not that person.  So you know, that means I'm walking into this week with momentum, yes, but a desire to continue to evolve, as I have been doing since I returned.  Champion, or not, winner or loser, I want to walk out learning something new about myself, my opponent, and where I go from there.

Where I go from there is always up for debate, but what isn't up for debate is where I'm going next because that is set in stone.  Where I'm going next, is Breakdown.  Where I'm going next, is my first championship defense in well over a year.  Where I'm going next is facing someone who, yes, I have a victory over in tag team competition with Jordan, but in singles, we will have to see what this person brings.  This woman, who I won't even bother saying her last name, not because it doesn't matter, but because Jordan scolded me last time we faced these two for calling them inappropriate names, is walking into Breakdown with an opportunity to take her first singles championship... Or at least I think...

So the big question... How do you solve a problem like Maria?

.:: Jake chuckles.  From off screen an non-discernible, male, voice, is heard saying "whomp, whomp!"  With that response, Jake immediately begins to snap with his right hand, and takes a few seconds to "dance fight" around the screen.  He eventually stops and freezes in front of the camera. ::.

Hey... I may have a different mentality, but the cheesiness is going NOWHERE!  Now to quote my long time suspected girlfriend, Rachel Foxx...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnyway!

Maria, this is the second time we are walking in against one another.  The biggest question is, will you have the ovaries to walk down that aisle by yourself, or will you bring that other "Pussy" with you?  Will you put yourself out there to showcase why SCW has put you in a title match alone, or will you prove to the world that you need someone else by your side?  For me... Jordan and I both have come to a bit of an agreement that we have our Trios teams to focus on, and are allowing one another space to do just that.  So I don't plan on her being in my corner.  I don't plan on needing any help, but knowing my sister, she'll be watching closely.  She will watch and see if you bring out your fellow feline to try and help you win, and if need be, she will make sure to even the odds.  But if you leave Baja Cal Val in the back, and you face me like a grown up, then you will show the world what YOU are made of.

I know you're facing your first singles title match.  I know you are getting an opportunity that many want.  Most importantly, I know you're nervous as hell because this is a chance for you to make a name for yourself.  Think about this.  Think about the fact that a lot of SCW doesn't know you, and that's not an insult.  This is a large roster, and it takes a lot to begin to get recognized.  So I know you're wanting to stand out from the pack, whether alone or with your tag team partner.  I know this is the second time you have a chance to put a "W" out there over a Hall of Famer and TRUE Supreme Champion.  So I know you're going to come out swinging.  I know you're planning on making this a competition, and showing the world that you're not just another name making this roster even bigger.  So I'm not standing here, taking you lightly.  I believe you want this championship.  I believe you want to set yourself apart by making everyone turn there heads and see you beat me.  But I have bad news for you...

Not going to happen, Chica!

You see, this is something I haven't gotten to do in some time.  I haven't had the opportunity to defend a championship in, like I said, well over a year.  I haven't had the chance to prove to the world that Jake Starr is worthy of even being called a champion.  I have a lot to prove here, as well.  See, I have to prove that, win or lose, I respect the moniker of champion.  A champion respects the title and win or lose, and everyone is looking to see how I perform.  So you're not alone.  This is an opportunity for me to show that my win wasn't a fluke, and that I'm truly part of the championship caliber talent this organization has to offer.  Beating Kelsei showed the world that on ONE DAY, I was of that caliber.  Now I have to go out there and show the world that it wasn't just a one-day thing for me.  It'll be the same challenge you have if you get through me.

So I hope you're prepared.  Because I will be.  I will go out there and show the world that just because you're bringing that Lucha flare against this old guy doesn't mean you're going to control the skies and the speed.  I may be older, but I know how to still get my frequent flier miles, too, and if we go there, I promise I'm as ready for take off as you are.

Why else would I be the Champ of TV?  It sure as hell ain't Mike Teevee anymore.  Hell, I think he's dead, anyway... Regardless, I know how to bring the crowd to their feet, put you in your seat, and show the world just why this Social Misfit still has what it takes to not be beat!
I have to apologize as well, because you're still in a better position than I am for being able to post anything at all. I've had a long day, ending up working a double shift I just got home from as well as getting berated by my boss for falling a bit behind in my work because I'm a bit exhausted from taking on a few other double shift in the past few days because the flu and the scare of this coronavirus has ravaged my workplace. I would've tried to throw something together to at least show despite how desperately I need sleep, but I've been feeling so down after that conversation with my boss that I've just had whatever was left of my will to write sucked right out of me. I'm deeply sorry I couldn't get anything up at all... really hoping this doesn't continue into my trios booking or continue to affect me going forward.