Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Scarlet Grey vs. Jason Helms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, February 25, 2020
OOC: Here's my offering. Felt far more comfortable with the shoot this time around, after being unsure about his voicing in the Trio's rp I put up. It's slowly coming back to me I think. As usual, click the graphic at the end of the cd to access the promo. That said, good luck all and enjoy!

It's been quite some time since you've really heard anything about Scarlet Grey, hasn't it? I'm sure plenty of you are no doubt concerned... then again, I bet most of you are probably glad she's gone. You likely feel she had little to contribute even though the same could be said of virtually everyone on the SCW roster once they're no longer doing their duties in the ring, but we're not here today to call a spade a spade, now are we?

No, we're here to look into exactly what happened to Scarlet, and why her recent return to SCW may not be as straightforward as you may believe.

Truth be told, there is a lot of mystery surrounding Scarlet's absence from the company in the first place. It's been said that she was out on injury following her failed bid to earn a shot at the US title, though anyone who watches the match back couldn't point out anything that would definitely scream "injury that sidelines her for a few months". Even something along the lines of a concussion wouldn't have shelved her for that long. Plus, when she did return prior to trios she certainly seemed as though she hadn't missed a beat like many fresh off of injury would be displaying.

Does this just mean she wasn't injured?

...not quite?

You see, something wasn't feeling right after that match with Rachel Tatum Lee, that much Scarlet was certain of. What exactly it was, she couldn't remember for the life of her. All she remembered was waking up in a hospital bed at some point, not entirely remembering what she was doing there or why she was hospitalized to begin with. Doctors had tried explaining it to her, but it didn't seem to stick in her mind for some reason. Granted, with the questionable condition of Scarlet's mental well being to begin with, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that her mind might simply be locking away certain bits of information she truly didn't want to process. She did tend to have a few gaps in her memory every now and then with no rhyme or reason to it all. The only thing she knew was that she was being kept for a while as a means of keeping an eye on her until they were certain she was good to be let go.

She had no idea how long she was in that hospital for. Time almost seemed nonexistent to her the longer she stayed here, not even bothering to glance at a clock or question what day it was. They could've passed over into an entirely new year and she wouldn't have paid the occurrence any mind. The only thing that was relevant to her was sleep, answering questions and trying to fill in the holes that seemed to be growing larger in her memory the more she was stuck here, to the point where part of her was questioning if what the doctors told her was even true. Did she actually come here to address concerns over a potential injury? Was she actually somehow finding ways to stay here of her own accord? Had Sasha and SCW found a way to simply get rid of her after all?

There were only two things she knew for sure: she was still laying in this hospital bed, even though she knew full well she could get up and leave if she really wanted to, and there was a hatred that was beginning to burn in her mind that felt both new and familiar... and something about it actually terrified her.

Today had just been another day so far in her neverending stay in medical care. She'd answered a few questions, asked a few of her own that she could tell the doctors were getting tired of answering for what she believed was probably the millionth time by this point, and had decided to simply get some more rest as she thought things over. The idea of brain damage had crossed her mind, considering what she knew about the voices she'd hear every now and then and what could amount to selective amnesia at this point, if such a thing possibly existed. Maybe Rachel had done something when she hit that DDT after all... Scarlet slowly opened her eyes to stare up at the ceiling, trying to ponder how long it would be if serious damage actually was done until they would let her go, or even if they would let her go at this point. She turned her gaze away from the ceiling tiles when she grew bored of that dominating her vision, but the moment her eyes locked onto a mysterious yet familiar figure, she found herself forcing her body to the far edge of her bed in a heartbeat.

“Angel”: Ah, you're awake. I was growing worried about you.

Grey: Oh, don't give me that crap. I still don't even have a clue who you are. Or, for that matter, how the hell you got in here, and while wearing that, no less.

“Angel”: Please Scarlet, you know I am only seeking to be your guardian angel. I know your mind has been under much duress lately, but I would hope I shouldn't have to remind you too much of what I am to you.

Grey: Guardian angel my ass! All you've ever done is try to make me question what's going on in my life. You tried to turn me against Ruby when we split amicably, and you always seem to surface when I'm somehow all by myself. If I didn't know any better, I'd guess you've been a hallucination or something this whole time.

The figure tilted her head at this, as though she's contemplating the logic presented to her in this moment. After a moment, she slowly stands up and looks to the door. Scarlet looks that way as well, but there's no sign of any activity that indicates anyone else is coming in anytime soon. Scarlet's head suddenly twists back around towards the cloaked figure once she feels her hand gently running along the hair on the top of her head, her eyes widening a bit as a result.

“Angel”: Still believe I'm not real?

Grey: Believe it or not, some of my hallucinations have felt very real, so this doesn't pro- GAH!

Scarlet's retort is cut off when she suddenly feels the figure's fingers starting to press into her temple, the pressure slowly increasing. Scarlet grabs her wrist and tries to pull her hand away, but even with both hands she finds a surprising sudden lack of strength to even maintain her grip in trying to break the mysterious woman's grip. Her head starts feeling more and more like an egg about ready to crack open as she kicks her legs, trying to do anything to create separation as her vision begins to blur. She can't fight her off, she can't scream for help... all she can do is slowly fade, and as she does she swears she hears a voice that sounds similar to her own echoing in her head. She doesn't know what it's saying, all she knows is that it sounds angry...

Scarlet finally slumps over, seemingly out cold. Still, the woman maintains her grip for a little longer before finally releasing and taking a step back, as though she's curious over what's going to happen next. After minuites of silence and no response, she sighs and shakes her head before she begins to leave, stopping only when she hears what sounds like Scarlet stirring. She turns to meet Scarlet's opening eyes... and the next thing she knows, the crimson-haired woman is leaping from the bed and tackling her to the ground, putting a hand around the woman's throat before trying to smash her in the face with her other hand only for the fist to be grabbed. The figure's other hand slowly pries her throat free from Scarlet's grip as well before letting out a chuckle.

“Angel”: I didn't think you'd react this violently to reawakening Scarlet.

Grey: Scarlet? Who the fuck is Scarlet!? If that's supposed to imply anything about Void, then let Void rip your face off and parade across this godforsaken wasteland with it!

The figure tilted her head again, humming softly to herself as she examines the woman that was still trying to free herself to begin attacking again from above. It still looked like Scarlet, all right, but her eyes seemed to hold an anger and bloodlust that even Scarlet at her most enraged could never hope to match. The way she was snarling like a wild animal, the distorted pattern of speech that only carried small traces of Scarlet's usual tone of voice... the figure could only chuckle to herself once more, which only seemed to enrage "Void".

Void: You find something amusing about Void, you sideshow freak?

“Angel”: Nothing at all, just sheer curiosity as to who I'm dealing with now. You are quite fascinating, if I do say so myself... and maybe we could be mutually beneficial. Though I fear our time is short, so we'll have to work out the details at a later date.

Void: What are you-

With a speed that would make any martial arts master jealous, the cloaked figure suddenly struck "Void" right between the eyes before she could even fathom it was coming, and she fell backwards to the floor, eyes rolling into the back of her head. The figure stood up and brushed off her cloak before carefully getting the other woman back up and onto her bed, as though nothing ever happened.

“Angel”: Not quite what I expected to happen, but with the fragile state of her mind I suppose anything truly is possible. If you will not listen to me though, Scarlet, then perhaps this Void character will. After all, any anger, when properly directed, can achieve the results you're desperately seeking... and I could use to my own advantage as well. In the meantime... sweet dreams.

The figure takes her leave, with Scarlet none the wiser. Up to the day she would finally be released, she wouldn't see the figure again or even remember she'd been visited by her, or that anything else was even out of the ordinary. The one thing that stuck with her, however, was this growing anger that became the loudest voice plaguing her thoughts whenever she was all alone, and something about it felt... wrong to her.

Almost like something had just been released from its cage that was never supposed to be set free in the first place...

When our scene fades in, we almost immediately find Scarlet Grey, as per our norm. That said, there's no dangerous lack of clothing or anything ironic about what she's wearing or doing. It's an odd feeling actually seeing Scarlet just sitting on a metal folding chair in an otherwise bare room made out of concrete from ceiling to floor, just as it's probably odd seeing her in black jeans and a red t-shirt that's got her pretty well covered for maybe the first time in perhaps ever on camera, but there she sits, arms folded across the backrest as she straddle the seat in reverse and her attention seemingly on the floor, which is where her gaze remains even when she finally speaks.

Grey: Right before trios, I came back to SCW, again. When I did, I dispatched of some guy that wasn't worth my time and made some bold statements. I continue to talk about the Red Empire even though people are positive it's dead, which shows how little they truly know me. They think that because of whatever injury I suffered because of the cowgirl who is no longer with us herself because she's clearly a shell of her former self that used to scare everyone shitless, my return is going to be off to a rocky start. I'm going to be put back on the shelf because of people like Datura, who no doubt wants a rematch for getting injured while ending my hopes of getting a US title shot in the process. Or maybe I'm going to make some new enemies and get torn apart because Ruby abandoned me for her new friend and I've got nobody to watch my back anymore, especially since Kandis is too preoccupied with her new toy now and Gavin clearly didn't appreciate everything I did for him, including burning a bridge I didn't want to burn.

Grey: I made some confident remarks in front of the whole world, but the more I think about all the backlash I've received because I came back to a company that clearly wishes I had stayed gone and all the people who don't understand exactly what's going on around me... the more angry I feel. And I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Scarlet slowly looks up into the camera, showing some very clear uncertainty in her eyes.

Grey: Before you try and say anything, I'm not blind or stupid. I know full well you all hate me for the things I've done and everything I proudly stand for that clashes with all the PC ideals everyone believes they suddenly have in today's world. No, what I can't wrap my head around is what I'm feeling towards it. See... I've never felt an anger like the one that's burning inside me right now. Sure, I've thrown temper tantrums and even had a full blown psychotic meltdown in a match, which is regrettably where Ruby's ankle injury first came from at the start of last year, but I've never felt anything this... animalistic, this spiteful, this vitriolic in my entire life. And what really scares me is that I don't even know where it came from... I want to say something happened that invoked my wrath while I was out of commission, but a lot of my time between the loss to Rachel and my return just feels like a blur, lost to time with no explanation. I don't know if there's anyone specifically in SCW that's earned it or if it even has anything to do with SCW... all I know is that I'm not sure what I should actually be feeling right now.

Scarlet's eyes lower again as she tries to sort things out. While it was never stated what exactly she was on the shelf with, it's clear that something happened to Scarlet in her time away, and even she's concerned about whatever it was. Perhaps there was more damage done somewhere along the line than we realize? One would've even expected her to have already launched into her usual topics of Sasha or her next opponent or what she believes she's entitled to, but even she's struggling to bring herself to move past something that's clearly been plaguing her mind for a while now. With a sigh and a shake of her head, she tries giving the camera a more determined look that's meant to show she's ready for action, but it's a look that you'd have to stretch pretty far to convince yourself is genuine.

Grey: Maybe I'm supposed to feel like kicking the ass of someone who's clearly had way too much fun trying to pick away at me, but I'm having a hard time doing anything more than feeling sorry for Jason Helms. I mean, the guy's clearly beating himself up so much over the fact that he'll never live up to anything David's ever done, or even Amy if we want to go that route, that the only way he can make himself feel better is by trying to take me to task because to him I'm nothing more than an entitled little bitch. I get what he'd see me that way, but last I checked I haven't come right back from injury and begun demanding anything as of this moment. I sure as hell didn't come back pretending to be somebody else because I thought it would be funny to deceive people and spit all over whatever respect people probably had left for me like Mr. Coffee Peddler did. Kind of hard to do that when you return from an injury you barely remember and still feel you need to test the waters to know how far you can actually swim.

Maybe it's the tone of her voice and the quiver that can be picked up even as she seems like she's slowly building back to her usual confidence, but Scarlet even sounding somewhat modest is most definitely off-putting. True, she's not exactly heaping tons of respect on her opponent or wishing them luck or anything like the pure-blooded good guys do, but it almost seems like something weighing on her mind is restraining her from simply going all out on ranting about why she's going to win this match.

Grey: Do you know what it's like Jason? Do you know what it's like to know that something is wrong, but not only are you not even sure what it is, but you don't even remember if you were actually helped for it? Believe me, I would love to sit here and tell you that I spent the past few months pouting and then decided I wanted to come right back, if only for my own peace of mind, but the truth of the matter is that I don't remember a damn thing after I lost that match months ago! I don't remember what happened to me, or why I was out for so long, or even why I feel like the first thing I want to do is wring somebody's neck that's not even you. How can anybody just go back to what they were doing before when they can barely remember how they got from a loss that clearly did something to being able to come right back?

Grey: Of course... I wouldn't put it past you to just sweep all of this under the rug. After all, you made a big point about people pretending to be victims just because my favorite pasttime was preaching to the heavens above that Sasha was clearly against me and everything that I stand for, and you've made it quite clear that being an asshole isn't something you feel bad about to help you stand apart from every other patsy for those fans to cheer that's out trying to “fight the good fight” every freakin' week. Maybe that's where I need to direct this newfound anger toward... making sure that you do not leave this match without actually understanding something about me. Maybe what I'm feeling is supposed to be a sign that I do have something I can use to make you into a real victim who fully understands that maybe something did actually change in regard to Scarlet Grey.

Grey: Maybe... maybe victory is only relevant if I get to walk away from that ring knowing I sent you back to those who love you with only one functioning leg again...

Scarlet's eyes widen, almost like she slowly snapping out of a trance of some kind as what she just said fully dawns on her. True, the idea of possibly losing never seemed to affect her before, but it's never come with a desire to throw away a win if necessary as long as she's well and truly maimed somebody. She made claims when Datura had been injured, but at no point has she ever explicitely said causing severe harm was more of the name of the game than trying to win, and even she seems a little taken aback by the idea. She shakes her head, almost like she's trying to clear her thoughts before she speaks again, this time her voice carrying more of the familiar confidence we've come to know and “love” from her, though there's still far less present than normal.

Grey: For all the jokes you've enjoyed cracking at my expense, one thing you said does actually hold water Jason: people have expectations for you now that you're done playing dress-up, expectations that you've already failed to live up to once already with your failure in trios, especially to the woman being trained and paraded around by someone you've proudly admitted to your bedroom exploits with time and time again. But me? Nobody has any expectations for me. At best, they're all hoping something happens and I disappear again or preoccupy myself with someone else they don't like so SCW can kill two birds with one stone. You need this match far more than I do in the eyes of both yourself and everyone around us, and you can barely convince yourself that you still have what it takes to be the man you were before you went and got yourself hurt just stepping off the apron.

Grey: That gives me just the opening I need to pull off what many would consider an upset, but what I would call vindication for every assumption you've made about me and whatever's become of me.

Grey: I may still be a little fuzzy about the time in between my last real match and my recent return, but one thing I know very clearly is that your mouth could use a little dental work after I get through forcibly ramming every last wisecrack you felt justified to make back down your throat. Sorry folks, but I regret to inform you that there will be no big return from the dead for the man known as Jason Helms. Instead, there will only be the despair of watching him as he helplessly comes to understand the void he threw himself into the moment he thought he could defeat me while burying himself beneath a mountain of his own insecurities.

Scarlet suddenly looks a bit taken aback by her choice of words, her hands quickly flying to her head for a moment. She almost immediately stands up, knocking the chair over in the process, and quickly leaves the shot, leaving us with the empty room and fallen chair wondering what on earth is going on inside her head before we slowly fade to black.