Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost vs. Scarlet Grey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, March 10, 2020
The Dark Side of the Sun

“Pageantry Prep-Work”

March 9th, 2020
Nome, Alaska
10:53am

“Alright!” declared the loud, rather nasal-pitched voice of the director, causing Selena to wince a little as she stood with the small crowd. She had been listening to that voice for the past two hours – actually, a little bit more she was certain – as he... or 'it', because the platinum-blonde was sure that no real human could make sounds like that. “For all the girls in 'group 1'-” the thin man marched, or sauntered – Selena could only compare  the movement to something she had seen on shows like “Say Yes to the Dress” (done by the host). Not that she was judgmental or had anything against people like that (would be laughable hypocritical if she did, given her own preferences), but it was as if the pageant director, dressed in tight, leather pants, a pink dress-shirt and back vest, was plucked right from a stereotype.

For the briefest of moments, the Snow Queen lost track of what the man was saying as she looked around. The room she stood in was long but short in terms of dimensions, with her almost able to touch the ceiling. Because the town had not set up the 'outside stage' for the pageant yet, Selena, along with all the other contestants, had found themselves shuffled into this room belonging to the local legion's club for practice and instruction.

It was almost surprising to her when she had received the email from the group organizing it (owned by the man that had brought the pageant back, Malcolm Scythe. One of his shell companies or something like that. Selena guessed.), requesting her attendance today and tomorrow to overview the 'opening routine and outlines' that the pageant would hold. She should have known this would be the case. After all, Malcolm had clearly wanted the 'nostalgia' of the Nome-tradition to assist in his popularity for re-election and, thus, had clearly kept the event as 'close to the original' as he could. And, after all, Selena and the others had had to learn a routine like this one last time – the young Frost rolling her eyes at the memory.

Didn't care then and don't care now... her mind huffed. It was true. Close to eighteen years ago, she hadn't cared about all this practice and silliness that was the pageant. She had only been part of it because a ) her mother had forced her and b ) to support her best friend.

Best friend...

Turning her head, the platinum-blonde cast a quick, unnoticeable, glance at the tall woman that stood at the other side of the room with the other 'group' of contestants. Where Selena wore blue jeans and a t-shirt with snowflakes on it, Talia Scythe was dressed in a – Selena had to admit – stunning black dress that flowed a little around Talia's legs. It was backless without being tasteless. Her hair was done up and she had the ideal amount of makeup for herself. All that work for rehearsal... Selena sighed as she reached her hand up to play with her thick braid. Wonder if she knows this makes her look far more ridiculous than me.

That was saying a lot, but it wasn't inaccurate. Selena and Talia were on opposite sides of the room and in the back of their groups, not so they could be hidden, but because the pair towered over the other contestants. Surrounding both women were half a dozen or so young girls, not one of them standing higher than five-foot-three. For the umpteenth time, the young Frost rolled her eyes at the embarrassment she was feeling at all of this, the absurdity of it playing through her head.

It had started the second she had entered the room earlier that morning and signed in. Talia had already been there and ignored Selena, par for the course, obviously, but as for the rest? A dozen or so little eyes had looked at Selena... and then past her, trying to see where Selena's daughter was. Where was the kid Selena was dropping off? When the adult had taken her seat in the room, as if she was part of the group – well, the mothers that had stuck around had continued to mouth off and ask questions. 

”What is the meaning of this?”
“Is this some kind of joke?”
“You should be ashamed of yourselves!”
“How is this fair to the children?!”

She ignored most of them – after all, they were coming from people she had never liked while she had lived – or been trapped – in Nome in the first place, but she couldn't disagree with their notions either. This was a big joke. 

To put it another way, Selena could understand Malcolm's idea and strategy. She had seen such pandering before with Sienna Swann's whole “For the People” movement, though she hoped the residents of Nome were as smart as the fans in the SCW Universe and saw right through it. Still, there was logic to the plan and she could at least understand it. Talia, however, screwed that right out of the bag and the girl was too damn egotistical to see it. Hell, Selena had even approached her on the stupidity of it – Scythe's own daughter-in-law participating in a children's competition?

Talia wouldn't be moved or persuaded. She had merely spat back that if Selena didn't like it, she could always go back to Germany – back to her jailbird of a wife.

That had effectively shut the platinum-blonde up.

“And bevel on the downbeat!” the director ordered, even performing the foot movement himself to demonstrate. Quickly, Selena performed the movement, rather easily with running shoes, as did all the other girls in her group. Someone of them, those that stood in the back with her, were watching her movements out of the corner of their eyes, making sure they were “doing what the adult was doing”. It was almost cute if the constant barrage of shame didn't fill Selena. She didn't want to be here – in case that wasn't obvious.

She wanted to be back in Germany with her family – bad enough she hadn't seen her beloved in over a week thanks to work and these rehearsals. She wanted to spend time with Regan. Her sister-in-arms had been rather frustrated from their last Breakdown match and the draw that had come from it. Even with Sasha making things right, as it were, by having Tommy/Kandis AND Regan/Selena have a chance at the tag-team titles, a dark cloud had settled over her best friend, one that Selena had not been able to shake by the time she had needed to leave for Nome.

To say that the young wrestler had been unnerved by Regan's alluded tweet about 'leaving SCW' – yeah, that had haunted Selena more than she would admit to Regan. She had not seen the Hellcat so discouraged since Regan's loss to Datura so long ago. The Hellcat couldn't see that, despite the setback, they were still so close to the goal! They were going to challenge for the tag-team titles by week's end! They were finally going to have a chance to become tag-team champions – a dream that had started during the days of Platinum, been waylaid by personal squabbles (to say the least) and had survived from that war to present-day.

Without thinking, Selena followed her group as they walked across the stage in an X-pattern with the other group, half-hearing the same demands the director had made an hour ago as he continued to explain the choreography of the opening number. As she passed Talia, however, she felt a sharp stab in her side, Talia's elbow, as the older woman mockingly passed her, flicking her head up as she gracefully walked to her own new location.

Selena ignored it. Not like it hurt her anyway. Talia may have been the mastermind behind this plan, but she was pushover, physically, compared to the monsters like Xander Valentine and Giovanni Aries that Selena had faced. She wasn't going to get thrown off or disturbed from what was a light tap to her. Instead, she continued to move as was instructed.

“Ah!” came a cry from behind her, causing Selena to turn in time to see one of the little girls trip and fall to the ground. The small thing landed on her hands and knees and quickly looked around, as if she had committed a terrible crime and been caught.
“Get back up, Becky!” came a harsh voice from the audience of mothers that had stuck around to watch their daughters.

The child, frizzy red hair and all, stumbled to push herself up and tried to rush back into place, only for her nerves to get the better of her, causing her to trip over her own two feet and fall to the ground again, earning another yell/order from her mother. “GET UP!”. From her spot in the group, Selena could see the child looking down at her hands, whole body trembling as if she was fighting herself from crying. She was dressed in comfortable clothes of jeans and a t-shirt, like all the other contestants (save for Talia, who just wouldn't stop preening and posing every chance she had). Selena saw all the other contestants – so many eyes – watching the girl, Talia unable to hide her smirk as she shook her head.

She's proud of herself! Selena's mind roared. She doesn't care how she's hurting these kids – she just sees opponents... she seethed.

GET UP, SELENA! came the haunting voice from her past, playing to the mother's yells, though it was not her voice Selena heard in her mind. 

Stand up, straight!
Walk properly!
Did I say stop?!

Before she knew it, the platinum-blonde was no longer standing in her group but had taken a few long strides until she was standing by the girl that was paralyzed with fear. Lowering herself to a kneeling position, Selena gently reached out to place a tender hand on the girl's shoulder, instantly gaining the child's attention.

“Hi.” she whispered with a smile. “You okay?”

The child quickly, and rapidly, shook her head, her big-framed glasses moving a little across her face as she did. “I want to go home.” the young child whined quietly. 

It ripped through Selena's heart. She knew this plea – recognized it well. A child of parent's vicarious aspirations... she thought – though she wasn't sure she was using the proper use of the words/terms. Still, she understand what she meant and that's what mattered. The poor girl was clearly here now for the same reason Selena had been dragged into it years ago – and even now. For someone else.

“It's okay.” Selena whispered. “Is your mother making you be here?”
The child nodded.
Biting her lower lip, Selena tried to think of an idea. She imagined speaking to her children – or maybe to the little ones she had met in her time in SCW, visiting fans after shows. Actually, that had been a great help to her in the past in becoming more social with children – she mentally thanked her employment and Mr. D. for that.

“I'll tell you what.” she offered quietly. “I don't want to be here either...so, let's get through this together, okay?” Slowly, she offered her hand to the red-haired child. “My name's Selena.” she added.

She didn't care how ridiculous she looked – an adult aiding a child surrounded by children and angry mothers. This was the first time all day she actually wasn't ashamed to be where she was! So, screw them!

It didn't surprise her when the child – her mother had called her 'Becky' – quickly placed her hand in Selena's, pulled herself up and scurried behind the taller, probably safer-looking adult. Without a word, Selena ushered the child back into their group. “Just stick with me.” Selena whispered when they were back in place. “I'll help you if you fall down again, okay?”

The child nodded, seemingly a bit more relaxed despite her reddened eyes. For the next hour, the rehearsal resumed with instruction and rehearsal. Every time Becky stumbled or shook or looked at Selena nervously, scared of messing up or something – Selena wasn't sure – she would just quietly and discreetly place a hand on the child's shoulder or gently prompt her with a gentle guide to the back, or a smile or a wink – little things to ensure the younger girl that Selena was there and watching her carefully.

By noon, they had run the number enough times that Selena could run it backwards and forwards. But children's memory isn't like yours... she quietly chastised herself. Shew had to admit that she was in better spirits now that her focus was mostly helping Becky. She actually felt like she was doing something useful, such positive emotions even helping her to enjoy the choreography a little, the Snow Queen actually smiling when told to, adding a little fun to her movement, like swivelling her hips a little when she walked (like she would to tease her Deanna sometimes) and flicking her braid back with certain turns.

Admit it... her mind teased playfully. You ARE having fun now. And she was. Helping Becky out, seeing Talia dressed as she was, the sheer stupidity of this whole situation... Selena could finally see it now. Could see the laughable, pathetic nature of the woman that just 'had to be better than her' and the depths that woman had gone and continued to go for her own damned ego. She was mentally chiding and laughing at the mothers, the ones like Becky's that had to have their daughter's win some pageant for their own personal 'status', so like her step-mother had been...

It's all so... ridiculous...

“Okay!” declared the thin director, whom Selena was certain had been working harder than anyone – almost like HE was the one participating in the pageant. “That's good for now, ladies. Go have your lunch break.”

The group sighed, several of the little girls rushing to their mothers that were seated all in the back of the tiled room. Even Becky had left Selena's side to return to her mother, who said nothing but handed the redhead a lunchbox. Selena watched Becky for a moment, mostly to ensure nothing bad was happening, until she eventually moved to the side of the room to dig out her own packed lunch, pulling out a sandwich and chocolate milk. She could hear several of the girl's voices – excitement filling them with questions like “Did you see me?!” and “I did it all right!”. Closing her eyes, she took delight in such juvenile joy. That some children took this seriously only as far as it being a big game to them was comforting to her. She knew not all of them did and several of the mothers clearly didn't, but that wasn't something she could concern herself with-

“Easy with the carbs there.” came a mocking voice, causing Selena to open her eyes and stare at the dark eyes of Talia. Her former childhood-sister stood there, her hip cocked to the side as she held chomped on a piece of celery. “You've got enough on your hips as it is.”

Raising her eyebrows in mild surprise, Selena slowly shrugged her shoulders. “Good thing I'm not trying to win then.” she took a big bite out of her sandwich, tasting the delicious cold-cuts she had purchased the other day from the local meats shop. “You know.” she said, her mouth half full of sandwich. “If I were you, I'd be careful with carb-cutting. Your scrawny neck isn't going to be able to hold that tiara up without some good source of energy.”

With a grin, Selena swallowed her mouthful before taking another bite, earning a narrowed glare from Talia. “Glad to see this is a big joke to you.”

Clearing her mouth, Selena chuckled and shook her head. “It IS a big joke to me, Talia. Look around. You've got us competing against kids that are young enough to be our daughters. You've got us contesting for a children's award. Show one person here, besides you and me, that isn't eating a lunch that their mom prepared. One person.”

Talia shrugged her shoulders, casting a glance at the masses. “Don't care. I'm not really going up against them. I'm going up against you.” she stated.
“Yeah, well, enjoy it.” Selena shrugged, taking a sip from her chocolate milk. “Because after the first round, I'll be out. Then I'm out of here.”

“Just like that?” Talia asked and there was a bit of something in her voice. Was it surprise? Irritation? Selena couldn't quite identify but she answered the question regardless.

“Why would I stay?” Selena asked. “This whole thing is a joke.” she whispered, not wanting to gain the ire of the others. “One big, embarrassing event. But a deal is a deal. You want me here? You want me to throw the damn thing so you can be 'The Real Snow Queen'? That's what I'm here to do. With the first round 'meet and greet' and 'questionnaire', I'm going to have some fun with my answers. I get eliminated and you get my wife out of prison. That's the deal.”

She was expecting some kind of retort. Some kind of denial from Talia that she 'hadn't promised anything other than to try and get Deanna out of prison with the resources she had'. Something snarky – anything really.

But nothing come.

Lifting her eyes back up to look at the older woman, Selena saw Talia staring at her, as if trying to read her. As if trying to see through her. 

“Something catching your eye, Talia?” the platinum-blonde tried. “Because I'm sorry but I'm happily married.”
That seemed to snap Talia out of her thoughts, earning a 'pfft' sound and a smirk from the lawyer. “Don't flatter yourself.” she spat.

Twist the knife! her mind mocked and, perhaps due to her current situation, Selena obliged. “Hey. You're the one trying so hard to be me.”

“Excuse me?” asked Talia incredulously.

“Did I stutter?” Selena asked with a tilt of her head. “Ignoring this whole day, Talia, let's just consider this for a moment here. You orchestrate some grand plan of blackmail to get me here just so you can 'take' the Snow Queen title from me. On top of that, you've tried to steal my own children from me – children sired by your husband – and oh! Since I bring that up, how did that happen, by the way? Right, you had my sloppy seconds with Ryan.”

She hated sounding so crass, but she had lost any inhibitions she had had after the third hour of doing that routine.

As for Talia, she just stood there, eyes wide and mouth agape at Selena's quiet verbal volley. Pushing herself to her feet, Selena packed up the rest of her lunch, placing it back in her bag, before scoffing at Talia. “You know, I'm hoping that, when all this is done and I never have to see you again, you can actually stop trying to be me and find yourself. Because – to be honest...” she laughed. “There are so much better people to be.”

She walked past the elegantly dressed brunette, casting her eyes at the clock to see she still had a solid twenty minutes left in her break. Without hesitation, she made her way out the man doorway, down a flight of stairs and out the doors of the building until she was outside, instantly taking in a few breaths of the chilling cold air of Nome. As usual, she felt the invigoration that came with the cold, closing her eyes to savour it.

She would be lying if she said that putting Talia in her place like that hadn't felt damn good. Like a good promo – again, her years in SCW having helped a great deal with her social skills. She had held back on a few other points she could have made, mostly because, despite her words, she knew she needed Talia to believe she had accomplished something – otherwise she could just as easily break her promise or screw the whole thing and refuse to help her and Deanna. For a moment, Selena contemplated, and partially feared, that she may have done that with her little tirade, but she quickly took a few deep breaths to calm herself. Talia was in too deep, was too obsessed. A few harsh realities from Selena wasn't going to change that. Hell, her former friend could just chalk it up to 'sour grapes'.

Probably what she's doing right now-

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the phone vibrating in her back pocket. Quickly placing her lunchbox on the ground, she dug the device out to look at it. She recognized the number, as the area code and number system didn't match up to anything she knew in New York, Nome, or Germany. Quickly, she pressed the accept button.

“Hello.” she started but didn't say a word until she heard the familiar tone, her worry making her miss the first few spoken.
“...You have a collect call from-”
“Yes. Accept the charges.” she interjected, knowing the recording inside and out. There was a moment of silence, with the exception of clicks as the line went through and the call was connected fully.

“Selena?” came the quiet voice, almost confused along with worried.
“Deanna!” Selena wasted no time – time was limited with these calls after all. “Are you alright? Did something happen?”

“N...no...” whispered the redhead, gaining confusion from the Snow Queen. “I...I just...”

The worry didn't leave the older Frost. With help/advice from the prison staff in Germany, Selena had been informed that 'physically visiting' the jail was not the only way she and her beloved wife could keep in touch. The Frankfurt Prison, much like all other prisons, had a system that allowed inmates to call specific numbers through collect calls for twenty minutes a call. Upon learning that, Selena had instantly acquired the services of a phone-line company, creating a local phone line number with the company. All Deanna would need to do is call that number (which she had memorized) and the calls would be redirected to Selena's cell phone. It had been a royal pain in the rear to figure out and fine-tune, but Selena was grateful for it once it had all been finalized a month ago, allowing her to say goodnight to her beloved every night (Deanna rarely missed a night) as well as call her any other times she wanted, such as when she knew Selena was competing or after a big match.

But what worried the Snow Queen was that this call – if her math was correct – was a solid hour before Deanna's usual time, the redhead opting for 1030pm Germany time to avoid crowds and massive wait lines for the phones – cutoff time for calls being 11pm.

“I just needed to hear your voice.” came Deanna's eventual response. “It's been a few days.”

Mentally cursing herself, Selena drove the palm of her free hand into her forehead, pressing into it angrily. She had missed the last few days of calls due to travel and this stupid pageant – which Deanna didn't even know about! I am so busted...

“I'm...I'm sorry.” Selena tried. “I didn't mean to miss your calls. Really. It's just... I've been all over the place with work and stuff.”
“It's okay...” Deanna replied, though there was a sadness and longing in her voice that Selena could easily hear. “Gerda brought the kids to see me today and it just... made me miss you all the more.”

“I miss you too, pet.” Selena replied, running her free hand through her hair as the wind whipped her braid around.
“Are you outside?”
“Yeah.” Selena replied. 
“I can hear the wind. Sounds cold.”
“Nothing I'm not use to.” Selena shrugged.

“So what has you so busy with work?” Deanna asked hesitantly. Selena could hear her wife tapping her finger under the receiver nervously. “I didn't think there were house shows on the weekend or anything like that...”

With a sigh, Selena thought about her answer. Of course Deanna would see something was off. True, time zones kept changing based on Selena's travels in the states, but she had been relatively reliable in answering all calls as best as she could the past month except for the last few days.

“It's a...” Selena tried. “It's a number of things. Regan, the tag titles, but...” Deanna was quiet, patient – maybe she was just happy to hear Selena's voice. Taking a deep breath, Selena admitted the last part. “I'm actually in Nome right now.”

“Oh...” came the surprised voice. “That would be different time zones for you – like much different. Is something happening down there?”

Biting her lower lip, Selena looked up and down the street of the cold town of Nome, her eyes just scanning everything and nothing at the same time. “No, I mean yes...” stopping herself, she took a deep breath. “I just...”

“What is it, Selena?” Deanna asked.
“I...” she sighed an exhale again. “I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to get your hopes up unnecessarily.” she started. “But Jean and I are looking into something – something new – that might help us get you out.”

“R...really...” Selena heard Deanna's voice shake and she mentally berated herself for identifying the hope in her beloved's voice.
“Deanna!” Selena pressed quickly. “It's a longshot at best. It might not lead to anything!” she tried to insist.

“I...I know...” came the reply. “But just that... that there is a chance, however small...” she sounded so hopeful there that it both broke Selena's heart and brought it back all in one go.
“My darling...” Selena spoke gently. “I'm going to exhaust every possibility, okay? Even if this one doesn't work, I'll try another and another until I either get you out or...”

She didn't finish the rest of that statement. Deanna did for her. “Or until they let me out.” 

The two were silent for a moment, aware that their time in conversation – like all calls used with this service – was short. “When will I see you again?” Deanna whispered. “I want your arms around me.”
“My beloved pet...” Selena purred, her tone adopting a playful and loving tone. “Have you forgotten what happens at the end of pay-per-views?”

“No...” replied Deanna, uncertain. “You get a solid week off.”
“Right...” teased the older woman. “And do you know what happens at the end of this particular week off?”

There was a moment of silence, but Selena was certain she heard a slight gasp on the other side of the line. “I don't see a calender anywhere... is it?”

Biting her lower lip with a smile, Selena nodded her head. “Yes, it is.” she whispered. “And I plan to be there all week to visit you every day...and then...”

She heard the sound from Deanna – what could only be described as an excited mewl. “Great!” Deanna huffed suddenly. “How am I supposed to sleep knowing that?!”

Selena laughed. “You'll find a way, I am sure.” she replied. “I promise I will be on time this time.”
“I can't wait!”

If last month had been a nightmare for their conjugal visits, this upcoming one was set to be a dream come true for the Frost wives. Selena would spend as much time with Deanna and their children as she could – maybe even Regan could come to visit! See her godchildren (Elsianna and David. Amiliah's were Jean and Zoe) and celebrate a – hopeful -  tag-team title victory and show the children 'the shinies'. All for that to conclude with twelve beautiful hours the following Monday with her wife in her arms.

“Me neither.” Selena admitted happily. She didn't care if she was being selfish in this moment. She deserved this upcoming joyous time – her entire family did! Especially with the hell she was being put through now...

“Selena?” 

The voice came not from Deanna but from one of the mothers – Barbara – that actually liked the platinum-blonde. Turning around, Selena acknowledged the nice woman with a head tilt and widening of eyes. 

“They're starting up again.”
“Thanks.” Selena whispered before returning to her call. “I have to go, Deanna. Another meeting.”
“Okay... please be careful... I can't wait to see you...”

Casting her eyes back to make sure she was alone again, Selena whispered quietly into the phone. “Make sure you wear something sexy next week.”
“What about that blue-prison jumper?” Deanna  teased back.
“Oh, baby...” Selena hummed back. “Perfect.”
“Make sure you do the same.” Deanna whispered back. “Wear my favourite outfit for you.”
“Nothing at all?”
“Nothing at all.” came the knowing reply.

Despite herself, Selena felt a bit of heat rush up to her cheeks and she knew she was blushing a little, but it felt so wonderful. So... loving. “Maybe I love you...” she whispered.

“Maybe I love you.” Deanna replied before the line went dead.

With a sigh, Selena slipped her phone back into her pocket before making her way back into the building, up the stairs and into the room. Stopping for a moment, she eyed Talia and the other girls getting into position.

You've fought wars and risked it all to win those wars for SCW.... her mind assured her, allowing her to straighten her back and gracefully walk back into the room. Compared to that... losing a pageant for Deanna should be a piece of cake!

The Royal Letter

Dear True Believers and all the SCW Universe,

Please allow me to make something clear right here and right now for all of you. I know that SCW is full of people that tend to overplay their accomplishments. From “Iron Angels” to never-ending tweets for “The Best Wrestler in the World”, arrogance and ego are words and concepts that seem to be filling SCW. At the same time, there is no denying what many wrestlers have done. The accolades, the record-breakers, the Hall of Famers, the Supreme Champions, the list goes on. 

The reason why I say this is because, while I have no intention to fill this royal letter with self-praise or cute nicknames over and over again, I won't lie to myself or you to 'appear humble'. 

Regan Street and I... we know what we are. We know what we've done and we take pride in it. The championships, the main-event matches, I don't think it's arrogant of me to say that she and I, the members of Frozen Hell, are two of the most talented and hard-working wrestlers in SCW today. I don't think it's egotistical when I say that, even one-on-one, we are tough competitors to beat. And as a tag-team? That is equally so. I think, with the exception of some deluded egotists, you'll find few people that will believe two former world champions are pushovers in any kind of match.

That all being said: when Regan and I began this little adventure to challenge for the SCW World Tag-Team championship, we knew it would not be all clear-sailings and escalator rides to the top. We knew that we would have detractors, angry superstars, bitter tag-teams that didn't want us anywhere near those titles. Now, whether that was because they felt we didn't deserve to be considered or whether they just were afraid to deal with us, it doesn't matter. Regan and I knew that we would be facing obstacles, both internally and externally, from the start. 

Two weeks ago on Breakdown, we faced our biggest obstacle yet. 

Now, I will not take anything away from Tommy and Kandis – I said it then and I'll say it now. They have the experience, and they proved it. They proved that they were prepared to do whatever they could to get to Retribution over us. For the love of Odin, Kandis managed to knock out Regan long enough for Tommy to pin her. That's amazing in and of itself, because when was the last time someone did that to Regan Street? I don't mean a pin that she kicks out of a second too late. No, I mean legitimately knocks her down for the three count. That's how tough and amazing Regan is and, thus, shows how dangerous Tommy and Kandis are. 

But I disagree with Regan in this case, when she said last week that “nothing was proven”. True, Frozen Hell didn't prove complete victory or momentum and Butt Connection didn't prove that they were the “only” and “rightful” contenders to the tag-titles.

But Frozen Hell did prove something, I think. 

We proved that we could go toe-to-toe with the supposed 'guardians of tag-team wrestling' and survive. Not only that, we could match them shot for shot, which is exactly what happened. We fought the supposed 'rightful contenders' and we said 'Nah-uh! We belong here too! We belong in this match at Retribution!'. And while some would be upset that 'the match could have gone either way', I see it as the biggest “Hell with you” to Tommy and Kandis and their declarations that we can't hang with the likes of them! And while Ravyn dances around with the Television title in another 'plan' to get attention, all I see is Infamous losing sight of the titles they have over the titles they don't. And all that will lead up to a rude awakening at Retribution, when two very hungry tag-teams come gunning for those titles!

But I've still got Breakdown to worry about, don't I? And I haven't done a lot of talking throughout this quest for Regan and I. I've not wanted to. Not on Twitter, not here in my promos, hell, last Breakdown, I didn't say a word. It's because of two reasons. One: this is not my story to tell. You know it, True Believers, and I know it.  This is about my 'fame' – it's not about me, not even about us, really, guys. I know that sounds selfish but I need you to understand:

We are not here to “add to the accolades of Selena Frost” or “fight for SCW against those that seek to discredit or hurt it”, we we? No, this story – wrestling for the sake of wrestling, what SCW should always be about... this particular story belongs to Regan. It belongs to Regan Street and I want it to be part of that amazing autobiographical documentary that's headed our way in the near future. I want this coming weekend to be part of that! I want the moment Regan and I hold those tag-titles high – the moment Regan achieves the dream she has wanted for years - to be etched into eternity as a moment for my dear sister-in-arms' career, just like it will be for me. I want it to be part of her amazing story that she will share with all of you.

The other reason I've kept quiet is because, with all the words and slander coming from the cracks of the Butt Connection and several others, I've felt that my messages would best be stated not spoken on tweeted, but in the ring. Isn't that what we always say? When words fail, prove yourself in the ring? Actions speak louder than words and all that? 

I know that was important for both Tommy/Kandis and Regan and I two weeks ago, and it will be even more so this weekend in the tag-team championship triple threat match. But it also matters tonight. It also matters on Breakdown.

And I know it matters to Scarlet Grey. 

Because you, Scarlet, seem to be full of messages since your return about a month ago. Whether it was that 'The Red Empire is going to take over' or that you're going to be 'a wrestler people can't help but watch because you're always doing something bad' or the tried and true 'Scarlet Grey-method' of 'sex appeal' (which is subjective if you ask me), you seem to want to say a lot, don't you, Scarlet?

And I can get that. I can respect that a little bit. You want to show the world that you're to be taken seriously. You are fresh returned from an injury and you don't want people to think you've got ring-rust – thought first match back certainly proved that. You want your spot back among us – the one where you almost become a contender for the United States title. You want to go forward and not backwards. I can very much understand that, because I don't want to go backwards either – especially where Frozen Hell is concerned. I never want to go backwards in this business for very long. 

But I don't fear that like you seem to do. 

Going backwards, slowing down for a moment... it allows you to think. It allows you to re-evaluate. It allows you to change and grow. That's what I've done the last two weeks. I've re-evaluated how I want to go about things. After that draw, I expected very little except for, maybe, Tommy and Kandis to take Regan and I far more seriously. For them to see that we have a stake in this. We have a chance and we are as much a tag-team as they are. But if last week's episode of Breakdown proved anything, it's that Infamous cares little about who is challenging for the tag titles, and Tommy and Kandis still don't that in Regan and I. Still don't see us as a threat to their lofty ambitions for the tag titles.

And truth be told, I feel like Frozen Hell deserves better than that. 

Can you relate to that, Scarlet? In regards to your Red Empire, do you not want your team to be taken seriously. As a team that is to be seen as tough competition? Or, as you said, 'worth watching'? Well, that's how I feel about Frozen Hell – about Regan and myself. After defeating The Truelove Twins, The Stewards and fighting the supposed 'rightful champions' to a standstill, I am done with being modest about it. I believe Frozen Hell deserve a shot at the tag titles this weekend and I am damn sure ready to further prove that tonight at Breakdown. 

You see, Scarlet, it is not hard for me to predict where your mind is going to go with our match. Aside from the atypical Disney jokes we may or may not hear, this is going to be one of the toughest matches you've ever faced. Not just because of who I am in terms of accolades, though I know that will be on your mind, but I mean more so who I am as a person.

And as a person, I am remarkably driven to achieving what I set my mind and heart to. Feel free to ask anyone that I've faced the last few months. I'm annoyingly driven. And, Grey, with Retribution just a few days away, what I want is to go to Retribution and see the culmination of an eight-year dream for Regan. I want to see that dream come true, like I've said. And I want the tag-team division to acknowledge that Frozen Hell not only are the tag-team champions, but have worked their hearts and souls to get there.

Because, right now, Scarlet, all Regan and I have is one team that doesn't care enough to look at us and another who won't take us seriously even when we fought them to a standstill...

Do you see my dilemma, Scarlet? I'm sorry, but I do not have time to humour your multiple messages of 'dominance', being 'someone to watch', or 'doing the bad thing' here in SCW. I don't. Because I am laser-focused on being the best I can be for the weekend. Being laser-focused on showing Regan, showing Infamous and Butt Connection that not only am I ready, but I am ready to do the same thing I did last time I was in a match and knock out whoever I have to bring the tag-team titles to Frozen Hell.

That is going to be the key difference between you and I, Scarlet, this Breakdown. I'm looking through you and ready to go through you, whereas you? You seem too busy looking behind you. Because you're not really thinking about me, are you? You're thinking about the person you've mentioned every single chance you've put yourself in front of a camera.

Datura.

Every promo, every segment on Breakdown, it's been her. How you injured her. How the world wants you to fight her and how you know she's looking for you. It's no wonder you can't keep your messages straight and why they keep changing week after week, and why you had such trouble with Jason Helms a few weeks ago. You want to be someone to watch, Scarlet, but you're too busy trying to watch everything around you - to the point where you cannot see what is in front of you.

And tonight, what's in front of you is me, Scarlet – a very dangerous woman. And, like I said, I'm seeing only you and I'm seeing through you. Because tonight, you will get exactly what you want. The world is going to want to watch you – the world will watch you, Scarlet. But whether you want to do 'the right thing' or 'the bad thing', the only thing that will happen is me going through you and making my way to Retribution, ready to make Regan Street a tag-team champion.

And after that, it won't matter whether you, Tommy and Kandis, and Infamous see Regan and I as a threat. Because, by the time I am done with you, Scarlet, there won't be a soul among that lot that will be able to deny it.

Believe it!

Sincerely,
Selena Michelle Frost
ooc: just wanted to point out that the "promo" at the start of this thing is never actually publicly released, and therefore isn't meant to be referenced by anybody. I would think the reason why would be pretty clear once you read it, but I figured I should point it out anyway to be on the safe side. kind of setting some things up here that are going to start to really take shape as we move forward.

As our scene opens, everything just feels right when our eyes first spy Scarlet Grey. Maybe that's because of the elegant dress she's wearing, as form fitting as a second skin and making her curves stand out in all the right ways, not to mention the low cut that immediately draws your eyes to her bountiful cleavage. A confident smirk is on her face as she slowly and sensually walks along a red carpet towards the camera, briefly glancing back to the throne near the back of the room before her eyes fully lock in on us as she strikes a sexy pose.

Grey: Gaze upon me, true believers, and worship your true queen! No need for the snow and cold when all you need is the heat of the Red Empire's chosen goddess to melt away such silly ramblings about what SCW needs to be or how... or...

Scarlet slowly trails off, blinking in confusion as something seems to be weighing on her mind. She shakes it off and looks down at her body for a moment before silently cursing to herself. Knowing the camera's still rolling and planning to simply do the necessary editing later, she decides to change gears, putting her hands on her hips and giving her best glare into the camera.

Grey: Do you know what annoys me the most about you Selena? Its this belief that you always have to get your way just because you're the “face” of SCW. You shove it down everybody's throats so often I'm surprised Disney hasn't... come... damn it!

Scarlet wildly turns her back to the camera, and while we can appreciate the curve of her ample ass against the dress, it's painfully clear this isn't part of the redhead's plan. She takes a moment to try and compose herself, taking a few deep breaths and gently rubbing her forehead. After a moment, she seems collected and turns back to face the camera again, not caring if she doesn't look angry or sexy or anything.

Grey: Listen Selena, I...

She trails off again, finding her thoughts leaving her for reasons we can't begin to understand. With a yell of frustration as she throws her hands into the air, she quickly approaches the camera, and before we know it, the scene has cut to black.

The camera is shut off, and Scarlet just stares at it, almost as though she's in a trance. Suddenly, out of nowhere, she tears the camera from its stand and violently whips it across the room, watching it bounce along the floor as piece after piece breaks off. No doubt anything that was stored on it was now long gone and would never be seen by anyone, and that thought only made Scarlet angrier. However, she just shook her head and spat out a sigh before leaning against the wall.

Grey: All that work... gone. And yet, none of it felt right to me. No matter what I try to say, no matter how much I start getting into tearing winter-obsessed snowflake to shreds, I can't focus on actually meaning any of it. Why!? It's not that hard to hate the most self-absorbed bitch out of the entire gallery of “heroes” in SCW, and yet I don't seem to have a clue as to how I verbally maul her!

Scarlet slammed her fist against the wall, ignoring the pain that briefly shot through her hand once she remembered most of the walls of her little mansion/castle were made of metal. She looked down at herself, and while she could easily admit the dress was sexy enough to accomplish its task, it wasn't fixing the fact that something just plain felt off to her. Almost as if she was acting on instinct, she grabbed the dress and tore it from her body shred by shred, leaving her standing there in nothing but a red g-string. Even being in her most natural and “sexiest” appearance didn't seem to change how she felt, and she glanced at the remains of the dress with remorse.

Grey: I can't get into this like I used to... I want to, I know I can tear into anybody in SCW and prepare myself to make them bow before me, but something just feels like its missing.

Her eyes slowly glanced up at the lights, as though they would somehow give her all the answers she was looking for. Truth be told, she had been feeling off ever since she'd been released from the hospital, and while she'd passed all of SCW's tests with flying colors to be able to return, she still felt like there was an unexplainable issue no matter how much she would claim otherwise. Almost out of nowhere, she would get nasty migraines that ffelt like someone was hammering away at a drum inside her skull. She could swear she would hear the angriest, most primal voice accompany them, but she could never make out any words through all the pounding. Often times these would be accompanied by sudden blackouts, and sometimes those came out of the blue without warning. All she would remember is waking up with a giant gap in her memory, just like how she couldn't truly recall even to herself how or why she was hospitalized to begin with.

She wanted to be thankful that she hadn't had an incident like that while on SCW's time, but suddenly having holes in her memory was a terrifying thought.

It'd be one thing if she had simply gotten wasted and passed out somewhere, or woke up after a wild night in someone else's bed trying to slowly recall her latest sexual conquest, but this didn't leave her with the same feeling so she knew that wasn't the case. The more she tried to film this promo so she could spit whatever fire was necessary to melt the “snow queen” and every irritating thing she had to say in that voice that grated on her nerves so much, it was virtually impossible to focus on the best way to actually do just that when her mind was too preoccupied with trying to fill in the latest blank in her memory. The last thing she could recall was getting ready for a night out to try and clear her head, maybe bag some hot girl or guy to have a fun time with, then make sure the dress she'd just destroyed would be ready to have her curves stuffed back into it to do what she needed to do. After that, her memory just jumped to her waking up this morning on the couch, having never changed at all and no sign of anyone that would've come back with her for a good time like she'd planned.

The only thing she knew for sure about whatever was missing from her memory was that something vague from whatever had happened felt like it would make her skin crawl, making her wish more and more that she knew what the hell had actually happened last night.

She had no idea why she was entertaining this to begin with.

To be fair, there were a lot of questions she knew needed to be answered, and the longer she went without those answers, the more it pissed her off.

If this was how she needed to get them, then she'd play along, but only if she got what she wanted.

That was why she found herself bothering with the note she'd found taped to the door of the mansion she felt belonged to her, yet couldn't quite place why she suddenly woke up in an unfamiliar mansion of all places. That was why she was following the directions of making her way to a dark forest on the outskirts of town, which in and of itself had taken quite a while to find given that she was at a loss for where she was even at to begin with. As much as everything felt familiar, it felt just as foreign, and that only made her want to start tearing apart the first person that crossed her path. But, at the request of the note, she restrained herself, at least until she began wandering through the woods. To most people, being out here at night might seem like they were walking straight into a horror movie scene and would run off scared out of their minds, but if this was some sort of prank along those lines this woman planned to skin their face and turn it into a Halloween decoration.

Void: Alright, Void's here! If this is some sort of prank, your blood will be on Void's hands and Void will enjoy every last second of it!

The deranged woman looked around, seeing nothing but trees and darkness everywhere she turned. A low, animalistic growl escaped from her throat as she grew more and more agitated by the second as nothing seemed to happen. The note had been specifically addressed to Void, and that's who she was. She didn't care that when she looked in the mirror she saw the face of someone that seemed familiar yet infuriating and unknown all at the same time, because she knew exactly who she was and she knew what she was going to do if she didn't get what she came here for.

???: Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise? I didn't think you'd actually show... assuming you are who you say you are.

Void violently whipped around, and the first thing that greeted her angry gaze that wasn't a part of nature was the hooded cloak of a woman, being so black in color it nearly blended in with the shadows around them. This woman was familiar... Void knew she'd seen her somewhere before, and after a minute of searching through her brain and trying to piece together the infuriatingly distorted puzzle that her mind seemed to be, she at last recalled a memory, perhaps the only memory that stood out clearly to her.

Void: You! You're that woman who laughed at Void when Void threatened to tear your face off!

“Angel”: Excellent, you're exactly who I was hoping to see, and it's nice that you remember me.

The moment the cloaked figure had finished her sentence, Void blindly lunged at her. Despite her best efforts, however, the woman effortlessly danced around her persistent pursuit, playing on Void's aggression and using it to wear her out. With one opening, in particular, she managed to slip behind the savage and trip her up, taking her to the ground before slipping something on over her face. The moment her weight was no longer present, Void sprang to her feet and started trying to pull the mask off, but she slowly stopped when she found the mysterious woman holding up a hand mirror. Any desire to simply smash it and continue trying to break this woman in half slowly disappeared as Void almost seemed transfixed by the black and white mask that hid the face that caused her so much confusion and frustration.

Void: Void... feels right.

“Angel”: I was hoping you would like it. I gathered that someone like you would feel more comfortable not being able to see an unfamiliar face, even if it is your own. You can embrace who you are without needing to hate yourself over your appearance or trying to fill in the blanks about any of it. That's what I'm here for... as I promised, it's a later point in time and I'm here to work out a few details with you.

Void extended her hand, clearly wanting the mirror, and the woman allowed her to take it without resistance. She continued to stare at her reflection, the face hidden behind the mask with the hypnotic design... while she could still feel hatred burning within herself, an unusual sense of calm began to overtake it. Her gaze slowly moved past the mirror and onto the woman who stared at her from beneath her veil, eyes narrowing into a look that suggested she was finally open to talking, but there would be consequences if she didn't get what she was promised.

Void: What do you know about Void that Void doesn't know? Who the hell are you?

“Angel”: You can consider me a guardian angel, of sorts, though you can call me Angel if that makes it easier on you.

Void: Void doesn't need a guardian angel.

Angel: Oh, I feel you'll change your tune when you realize how much I can help you. You may not be able to recall it too well, but I've been trying to help someone for a very long time... someone with a deep connection to you. The problem is that... well, they didn't appreciate what I had to offer them, and as a result, they continued along a downward spiral until everything they had tried so hard to gain was taken from them. No friends, no glory... it was all gone.

Void simply snarled at what sounded like a melodramatic tale to her.

Angel: The more that person lost everything, the angrier they became. They tried to do away with that anger, fearing that it would only cause them further harm, but such anger isn't eliminated so easily. Oh no, dear Void... that anger is meant to be unleashed, weaponized against everyone who thought that person was too weak to be able to make anything of themselves. Those that thought such anger was worth mocking because it made them “weak” and “predictable” deserve to pay... provided they are willing to accept a little help to avoid proving them right.

Void rolled her eyes at all of this, feeling like she was simply being jerked in circles and not getting what she came out here for. And yet, something in her mind seemed to trigger at hearing these words. Memories that she could vaguely recall, but was struggling to truly piece it all together, like trying to drag a clear picture out from the static when something simply isn't meant to be played anymore. There was something there that felt like it was lending truth to the words of this “angel”, and only one explanation seemed to make sense as a light bulb went off over Void's head.

Void: Am... is Void that woman?

Angel: I'm afraid so. It may seem a bit foggy right now, but the human mind is prone to desperately closing itself off to anything that has caused it great harm. You were once under such distress, being afraid of what you truly are, but now you are free to be the monster you were always meant to be. No one will stand in your way of taking everything that has always rightfully belonged to you... and all I ask is that you trust me to help lead you there.

Angel held out her hand, and Void just stared at it for a moment before her eyes slowly turned back to the mirror, and the mask she now wore. For a brief moment, her hand moved to her head as she felt a nasty headache tear through her senses, as though something was trying to tell her not to trust this woman. But why? She seemed to have all the answers Void was looking for, and as much as she hated to admit it, the idea of being lost in a world that was probably going to lash out at her for daring to lash out first because the idea of being anger and hatred incarnate just sounded right to her for some reason... it just made her want to hate herself for seeming so weak and easy to take advantage of to begin with. She managed to fight off the stinging pain and shot one more glare at the cloaked figure.

Void: Why should Void trust you?

Angel: You have a point... I'm just as much a stranger to you as anybody else, and you have no reason to trust me. However, deep down I believe you know that trying to blindly go through this world as you are now is only going to make things worse. I give you my word that I will keep you on the right path and allow you to wreak whatever havoc you like, so long as you're willing to listen to me to make sure we both get what we want out of this little arrangement. I promise... you will know exactly who you are and what you're capable of if you stick with me.

Something still didn't sound right about this, and Void could almost feel a migraine coming on that just infuriated her for reasons unknown, but the idea of being weak and pushed around did not sit well with her at all. If that's who she used to be, then maybe this Angel was on to something in offering to make sure that would no longer be an issue. As much as she felt like something was beginning to slip away from her the more the headache seemed to worsen, she had to remember sealing this deal as she firmly grasped the hooded woman's hand and let out a growl of approval, pledging herself to whatever cause Angel would guide her towards achieving.

Scarlet spat out a sigh, growing more and more frustrated that her best efforts of trying to remember what had happened were getting her nowhere. Something about that particular gap was bothering her for reasons she really wanted to know, and it was keeping her from being able to focus on finishing her task at hand.

She looked down at her almost naked body and the shredded dress at her feet, then glanced over to the fractured remains of the camera that would record no more. She closed her eyes and massaged her temple as she felt the familiar headache creeping in slowly but surely. She knew the dress could be replaced, and she had several cameras just in case she had one of her tantrums, but there just didn't seem like a point anymore. Even if she filmed herself like this without caring if SCW got in trouble for it or not, it was impossible for her to put in any effort to trying to address Selena Frost, not because she was afraid of the woman or actually respected her, but because the more holes that appeared in her memory meant the more concerned she needed to be about whatever was going on in regards to those. She had a bad feeling about all of it, and the only thing that she seemingly could focus on was hoping she could figure out what was going on sooner rather than later.

After all, she was going to need her mind working at 100% if she was going to claim SCW in the name of her Red Empire, even if said empire was just her.