Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Justin Davis vs. CHBK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Justin Davis vs. CHBK

2 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP Limit for tag
Noon ET Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Opening the cabinet in his bathroom, CHBK grabs a bottle of Tylenol, dumping two tablets out into his hand and quickly popping them into his mouth. He then grabs a glass of water and washes them down before putting the glass down. He blinks a bit as he then turns and walks out of the dimly lit bathroom and down the hallway.

Rise to Greatness had given him a concussion. It was not his first and he was lucky many of the symptoms were subsiding. But it was annoying for him as it was one he had no desire to deal with. He made his way to the main floor of his house, walking into the living room that had generally been his resting spot for most of the last week after Rise to Greatness. He had elected to do this for the most part to allow him to still enjoy some of his regular routine, even if it meant struggling to focus to read books for a few days. Again, the symptoms were getting better.

Just as he is about to sit on his couch, looking to turn the television to what awaited him usually every morning, the news coverage of CBC News Network, there was a ring of his doorbell. CHBK looks down and then pulls himself up. He walks over to the door and open its, revealing one Chantal Peterson standing there in workout gear and a bag with her. Chantal was one of the three women CHBK’s son had conned out of some money, acting as trainer, with CHBK’s approval and when CHBK realized he was using it largely as a cover for his drug habits, CHBK ended the arrangement. Only Chantal remained interested in a career in wrestling and CHBK had made it a pet project of his to help her succeed given how badly his son had screwed up.

Chantal: “Did you forget?”

CHBK: “Oh Chantal. Sorry….forget may be one way to look at it. Suffered a concussion at Rise to Greatness would be more accurate.”

Chantal quickly blushes.

Chantal: “Oh God. I heard while I was down in Florida. I meant to call and forgot. Oh…I’m so stupid. Just…sorry. I’ll call a cab and-“

CHBK: “Relax. Come in.”

Chantal: “You sure?”

CHBK: “Just come in.”

Chantal does and turns, placing her bag on a chair by the entrance. CHBK just heads into the living room.

CHBK: “Probably not going to do too much in the ring or anything like that. You’re welcome to still use my training room though. Even though I’m getting better, not going to risk bumping it back. Hope you can understand.”

Chantal: “Of course…”

Chantal is a bit tentative as she walks into the living room.

Chantal: “What’s it like?”

CHBK turns to her.

Chantal: “The concussion. Not really had one…and well, one of the other new kids in the Florida promotion I was in. He was knocked out cold.”

CHBK: “It’s a lot easier when you know you’re getting paid regardless. A lot scarier where you’re at.”

CHBK sighs. He then motions to one of the seats in the room and Chantal moves over to a lounge chair in the room as CHBK sits on the sofa.

CHBK: “For this one…there was a no-one’s home feeling. Headaches, some nausea. SCW, they check as soon as they have reason too. Even if D hates me these days…not going to risk that. I now do some testing. It’s annoying as its memory loss from time to time, headaches, lack of appetite…”

Chantal: “You say it so matter of factly.”

CHBK: “Different era. They care now. But I remember the times where you’d get your bell rung and so what. Give the people a show.”

Chantal: “So how many have you had…”

CHBK: “Not as many as you’d think. That’s a good thing at least. Probably more back injuries. Why this one…it’s more how does it feel. Trinity got her moment. Whatever. I move on.”

Chantal: “Oh…”

CHBK: “These days, it’s a lot safer. But it’s also the reason things like the code become more pronounced. You don’t try to injure people unless you’re willing to deal with the consequences. There’s a difference between intent and not.”

Chantal: “And she intended.”

CHBK: “Exactly. It’s why people went up in arms with Jake Starr a few years back when he was headhunting. It’s a contact sport. You’re going to get hurt. It’s part of it. But few want to end careers.”

Chantal: “But Trinity wanted to end yours.”

CHBK: “Maybe. Probably. Either way, I think she more wanted to make sure I wasn’t a factor later. Too bad, Syren had a plan and Ravyn always has a plan. But that’s enough about me. How was Florida? Did you get me the links to the show? I can get it up on the screen and we can do some film review-“

Chantal: “No…no…it’s fine.”

Chantal shuffles a bit.

CHBK: “What’s wrong?”

Chantal: “I didn’t do any competing. The girl they put me with for the handful of shows no-showed. They instead put me in someone’s corner. Don’t even know if it’s going to continue after. They also only filmed one show.”

CHBK sighs.

Chantal: “Sorry…”

CHBK: “Nothing to be sorry for. You’re not the booker. Just a problem with the fact that even with more women competing and in top spots, some people run a simpler thing. No other matches they could’ve put you in.”

Chantal: “I…I didn’t speak up.”

CHBK: “Well there’s your lesson. Were there other women competing?”

Chantal: “Yeah.”

CHBK: “You’re no longer a rookie. You’re no longer at the stage of aw shucks happy to be there. You’ve been doing this for a couple of years. Act like it. And throw my name for all I care. Use it. It’s how I got back to SCW. And if they don’t care, maybe they’re not a company you care about.”

Chantal: “What about EMERGE?”

CHBK pauses and looks down and says nothing for a moment.

CHBK: “That’s probably not a good idea.”

Chantal: “And why not? I’d at least be based out of Toronto. The health insurance would be worth it. Probably pays well.”

CHBK: “And my name is not well-liked in the SCW office. You’ll have a target on your back. There’s a difference between using my name to get respect in bookings with people who would die to have me appear for a signing against SCW’s feeder system where my vision is less preferred, we’ll say that.”

Chantal stands up. She paces a moment before stopping and turning to him.

Chantal: “What about Katya? What about all of that? You have an in there.”

CHBK: “Not anymore. That ship sailed. I’m sorry Chantal.”

Chantal sits back down.

CHBK: “Here…”

CHBK gets up and walks out of the room.

Chantal: “Where are you going?”

CHBK: “Just stay there.”

CHBK heads over to the kitchen as Chantal remains in the living room. CHBK returns with a bottle of scotch and two glasses.

Chantal: “Oh wait…it’s too early…”

CHBK: “Screw it. You’re not driving? Correct?’

Chantal: “No…”

CHBK: “Don’t have that barista job, anymore, right?”

Chantal: “No.”

CHBK: “Then you’ve learned a hard lesson and well, I can’t help you too much more. We both had a rough last couple of weeks. So, this.”

CHBK puts the glasses down on the coffee table in front of him. He pops out the cork of the bottle and pours a small amount into one glass and a single into the other. He puts the bottom down and hands the smaller portion to Chantal.

CHBK: “Not going to give you too much as I don’t know if you like scotch and I’m not wasting the good stuff for nothing.”

Chantal chuckles a bit. She looks at the glass, taking it and then smelling it. CHBK grabs his. He then clanks her glass.

CHBK: “To a better second half of the year.”

CHBK leans back.

CHBK: “Now don’t down it. Enjoy it.”

CHBK takes a sip as Chanel does the same. She coughs a bit after.

Chanel: “Jesus.”

CHBK: “So…are you a new convert?”

Chanel: “Do they make a marshmallow flavoured version?”

CHBK: “I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that.”

CHBK takes another sip.

-------

Whose bright idea was this match?

I mean I was forced to compete at Rise to Greatness, even though I am practically retired. Yes, I have a wrestler’s contract, but why in the world would I want to have to compete on a random Breakdown. Because someone else who needs to move on puts my name on a list and can’t let go? That’s apparently enough these days and just another sign that a lot has changed. People used to have respect for legends in the past, but now, I have to dragged out of retirement to deal with someone who should’ve never been allowed back and now someone who when I last faced them was a punk kid and one barely worth my time.

But I’m on his list. His list of people he wants to face either to prove himself or to prove that he was always better than them. Well Justin, you’re certainly not the latter, so that means this match is about the former and that’s great. Always good to see the young kids trying to do something to get noticed. Alright, so you’re not that young anymore, but definitely younger than me, but what annoys me about this…I can at least respect some kid who is trying to make a name for themselves. Someone who is looking to be remembered in a decade doing this. That’s what people like Dark Fantasy did back when they came in and they’re not just remembered now…they’re the top of this industry. But you…this is all a means to an end. A list of all of the people who got away that you can catch before you face someone I know very well, Josh Hudson.

The good news is that I can help you with Josh Hudson.

The bad news is it may not be in the way you want. Because every time Josh has faced me, he’s come up short. I may be considered one of his white whales. He couldn’t make me submit and we faced back at the End of the Year Special and he couldn’t control himself then and managed to get himself disqualified, showing that well…motivation is a finicky thing. The funny part is you have the hatred of Josh. You’re the one who wants to get revenge for all of these personal reasons and that’s great. None of that helps with me. But Justin, perhaps this is what we can do.

You lie down.

You heard me. Bell sounds. You look at me and then lie down. I’ll beat you. You can show some respect for what I’ve meant to this sport, this sport that’s supporting your ass right now, and then I’ll happily give you my playbook on Hudson. Then again, you’ve probably already thought of your revenge. Your desire to kick his ass. You probably have it all figured out. And given that you were talking about practically killing him before, you probably don’t need my offer.

You know what.

Screw it. Offer off the table. Instead, I’ll just show you that even if I’m a bit slower, and definitely greyer, I am still one of the greatest to ever walk into that ring. The people in Las Vegas can get a treat. They get to see the rare appearance of a LEGEND coming out to kick Justin Davis’ ass.

Now the question for you Justin is simple. Are you going to be prepared for this heartbreak? Or is it going to define you as you go forward? I’d hate to have it ruin your approach against Hudson. As there…I wouldn’t mind seeing someone kick his ass for the joy of it.