Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: The 2020 World's Best: Tag Team Tournament Information/Sign Ups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tournament Structure
• The tournament will take place in four phases across four weekends.
• The tournament will be a round-robin style tournament, with the top-scoring teams from each pool facing off in a single-elimination tournament. The number of entrants will dictate the number of pools and the number of finalists. This will be updated when the list of entrants is finalized.
• Pools will be randomized.
• Winners of matches will be rewarded 3 points.
• Draws will result in 1 point rewarded to both teams.
• Losers of matches will be rewarded with zero points.
• All matches will be standard tag team matches.
• Any further questions can be asked on this general tournament forum.

Tentative Schedule (Subject to Change)
Monday, 3/30: Sign-Ups Deadline @ 11:59:59 AM EST

Phase 1
Thursday, 4/9: 1st Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Friday, 4/10: 2nd Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Saturday, 4/11: Round 1 in San Juan, Puerto Rico @ Coliseo de Puerto Rico
Sunday, 4/12: Round 2 in San Juan, Puerto Rico @ Coliseo de Puerto Rico

Phase 2
Thursday, 4/23: 1st Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Friday, 4/24: 2nd Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Saturday, 4/25: Round 3 in Kingston, Jamaica @ Sabina Park
Sunday 4/26: Round 4 in Havana, Cuba @ Coliseo de la Ciudad Deportiva

Phase 3
Thursday, 5/7: 1st Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Friday, 5/8: 2nd Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Saturday, 5/9: Round 5 in Honolulu, Hawaii @ Stan Sheriff Center
Sunday, 5/10: Round 6 in Honolulu, Hawaii @ Stan Sheriff Center

Phase 4
Thursday, 5/28: 1st Deadline  @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Friday, 5/29: 2nd Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Sunday, 5/31: Taking Hold of the Flame, Finals in Newark, New Jersey @ Prudential Center

Roleplaying
• For each phrase, there will be a 3 RP limit.
• 1st RP Deadline will be Thursday Night @ 11:59:59 PM EST before the events. This will serve as the deadline for the first two possible rps. Your team can post up to two rps but cannot surpass a combined 7000 words in total. This means you can do a joint RP of 7000 or two separate rps that when combined equate to 7000 words. It can be a mixture of CD and shoot.
• 2nd RP Deadline will be Friday Night @ 11:59:59 PM EST before the events. The final rp will be submitted to me through PMs at Adamsama and will be posted along with the show. This should be treated like a shoot/backstage segment for the show that will be made public as part of the results and placed immediately prior to the match. The word cap for the final RP will be 1,000 words.
• Plagiarism of any kind will be an automatic disqualification, this includes self-plagiarism (aka reposting old material).

Judging
• I will be the sole judge.
• Given the format of the tournament, in the case of extremely close matches that I cannot decide where I would otherwise ask for the second opinion, I will determine the match a draw.
• My judging philosophy isn’t far off from SCW’s current scheme and will be used throughout the tournament. 
• All RPs are judged as a whole, meaning you have a right to forgo one or the other, it will not hurt against you. 
• Listed below is modified SCW’s judging criteria that I will consider when judging.

Quote:Roleplays are judged by a mix of creativity (is it unique to the character? Is it a new way of doing a certain concept? Is it fresh in the landscape of roleplays in SCW?), match relevance (promo content, references to the match, how certain angles affect how the character’s life develops), character development (what is learned about the character? What is being focused on? Is the character unique?) and effectiveness (Are promos delivered well? Is the content communicated in a way to good effect? Is it a bad idea done well? Is it a good idea done poorly?). We also stress that we tend to promote a realistic product and therefore that may limit the effectiveness of certain content.

• In addition, the emphasis I will have in judging is the interconnectivity of the story between tag team partners and the exploration of the team dynamics in the process. BE CREATIVE!
• I will view repetition negatively in my evaluation of RPs, such as the final RP repeating points as established in prior RPs. Since I treat both RPs as a whole product, if you are repeating yourself in RP 1 as you would RP 2, it will be viewed negatively. If you're adding a twist in the second to deviate from your first then it shouldn't be a major concern.
• Expectations for the final RP. This should be the opportunity to use as part of the show; this doesn't need to be an outright promo, but can be a backstage segment further introducing your character or a hype video of your character. Formatting should be script-style such as you might see in SCW results. I am not going to judge against deviations in the differentiation in noting action and dialogue; however, when the show is posted, I will have converted all submitted rps to my format in order to have consistency on show.  
• Any further questions can be asked on this general tournament forum.

Shows
• In terms of kayfabe, the first three phrases will broadcast for free on Twitch, presented by Supreme Championship Wrestling and sponsored by Infamously Dangerous Rum.
• Since this is an interfed event, I thought I should explain my outlook on the 'prestige' of feds as I will handle them in the results. This shouldn't be viewed as a slight against you or your home promotion as this is all in-character. Center of the written universe for Best in the World is going to be, of course, SCW and will be treated as a global wrestling promotion such as WWE in reality. Farther away from SCW, its sister feds (GCW/Emerge) will be viewed as the top independent feds such as TNA/IMPACT and Ring of Honor. All other feds will be treated as independents.
• As I mentioned in the judging, final rps will be converted to fit in the style of the show for consistency purposes.
• Expect most finishes to be clean, meaning clean submission and clean pinfalls.
• I will try my best to reward everyone for their efforts by writing your character; even with no shows, I won't bury anyone.
• For any additional questions, please ask on this general tournament forum.

Sign-Ups
• To sign up your team, post the following in this thread:
Quote:Handler Names:
Tag Team Name:
Members:
Home Promotion:
Alignment:

Gimmick:

Entrance Music:

Entrance Description:

Primary Tag Team Finishers:

Signature Tag Team Moves:

Short Biography:

Links to Individual Member Bios:
Entrants:
1) Seduction - Amelia Robson & Dr Grace Morningwood
2) Dresser Boys - Marcus V. Lopez & Violator Black
3) Lyza Reyes & Devin Brando
4) JaMarcus Avery & Faustina Santos
5) The Pina Colodas - Delilah & HUNG
6) Honourable  Win - Gable Winchester & Konrad Raab
I think I speak for Charlie and myself when I say

Seduction - Amelia Robson and Dr Grace Morningwood
Handler Names: G and Charlie
Tag Team Name: Seduction
Members: Amelia Robson and Dr Grace Morningwood
Home Promotion: Free Agents
Alignment: Uber-Face

Gimmick: Supergirl and The Good Doctor - two women who have had each other's backs, fronts, sides, and other sides for over a decade in the ring and out of it.

Entrance Music: "Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks

Entrance Description: The lights around the arena begin to flicker as the iconic guitar opening to Stevie Nicks' "Edge of Seventeen" begins to play. Dr. Grace Morningwood and "Supergirl" Amelia Robson burst out from behind the curtain, immediately playing to the fans around the arena. They make their way down the ramp, slapping hands of the fans along the ring. Once down at the bottom of the ramp, they hop onto the apron, going back to back as they pose for the crowd. They climb into the ring and move around the four corners, one on the turnbuckle, the other on the ropes just to her right.

Primary Tag Team Finisher: Temptation

With a poor opponent staggering to their feet, Gracie gets to the top rope, jumping off to hit her Cold Blooded flipping neckbreaker. Well, no sooner does the opponent settle on the mat than get crashed down upon by Amelia, hitting her Avenging Crash flipping double-legdrop. Whoever is the legal person then makes the pin.

Signature Tag Team Move: Standing Ovation

Having already tagged in Gracie, Amelia catches the opponent with a spinebuster. As the opponent is hitting the mat Gracie adds the impact with a leg lariat across the throat.

Short Biography: In 2008 in the Shootclub Wrestling Association Agnes Brown decided to form the BWA or Beaches With Attitude. This consisted of Eve Winters, Callista Christos, Amelia Robson and Dr. Grace Morningwood. A lot of time has passed, a lot of titles have been won and lost, but finally Amelia and Gracie are back, this time together as partners both in and out of the ring for life as they are married, and they back to prove that they are what they always have been what people thought they were: The World's Best Tag Team.

http://www.supremecw.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1589 (Amelia)
http://www.supremecw.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1588 (Gracie)
Yes, G was speaking for both of us, confirmed. Seduction, all of the seduction.
Handler Names: Wes
Tag Team Name: The Dresser Boys
Members: Violator Black and Marcus V. Lopez
Home Promotion: SCW (Hall of Fame)
Alignment: Face

Gimmick: A By Their Own Rules Teams. 

Entrance Music: "Shake Ya Tailfeather" from Bad Boys 2 Soundtrack

Entrance Description:

"Shake Ya Tailfeather" from the Bad Boys soundtrack plays and Violator makes his way out onto the stage and continues walking to the ring as he's focused on the match at hand. MV walks out second wearing a classic wrestling robe and he stops on the stage to pose for the crowd. MV hyping himself up from the cheery fans in attendances. Violator rolls into the ring and walks to their corner where he psychs himself up and MV begins his walk to the ring. MV walks up the steps and wipes his feet on the apron before entering the ring. MV de-robes and walks over to their corner and the two have some words before their match begins.

Primary Tag Team Finishers:
Violator throws MV at their opponent who rams them with a headbutt to the gut

Signature Tag Team Moves: One Ups Men Ship Contest
Opponent in their corner. Violator delivers an open chop to opponent chest. MV tags himself in and chops opponent. Repeat.

Short Biography:
Unsure of how or why the partnership came about, The Dresser Boys are one of the most unique and interesting teams in wrestling. Not bound by friends, family or even a common interest and at times questions of whether they like each other. Though for whatever reason they have something together that makes a winning combination that they achieved WWED and SCW Tag Team Titles multiple times. 

MV continues to pursue his dreams of winning the big one after all these years and found himself traveling all of the world with his manager Sparky. Usually finding his way back to SCW for their yearly Taking Hold of the Flame event.

For Violator, not much been heard about him. Some believe the man retired. Others believe probably something illegal. Whatever is the case, MV is set to track down and find his old partner wherever he is and prove again that they still got it. Maybe winning the big one is a World Title, but being the Best Tag Team in Wrestling.

http://www.supremecw.com/forums/showthre...2&pid=3975
Handler Names: Jess & Von
Tag Team Name: None (for the time being.) 
Members:  Lyza Reyes and Devin Brando
Home Promotion:  Free Agents
Alignment: Face & Neutralish (picture Jubilee and Wolverine when paired together.)

Gimmick: The "too cool for school" types that make you wonder.

Entrance Music: "Clockwork" by Hyper

Entrance Description: 

A black and white video vignette begins rolling on the screens, showing Lyza Reyes dressed as Charlie Chaplin on the moon. There is no dialogue, but simply piano music playing with the pace of the footage. She's caught in the middle of a tug of war match between a U.S. Spaceman, and a small group of miniature aliens. Before determining which side pulls Lyza once and for all, the feed goes dead. Television static comes through, which leads to a shot of Devin Brando, standing in the center of war born chaos. Half of his face is painted with his former persona’s essence. He glides his hand down his face before he starts down the centerline. The venue goes black.

“There’s no right, there’s no wrong, there’s only popular opinion.”

All while these videos play, the introduction of “Clockwork” by Hyper comes and goes. When the beat drops, Lyza Reyes and Devin Brando make their way out from behind the curtain. Devin gives the world a solemn look while Lyza moves around him, taking in the energy of their environment. When she clears out of his way, the Last King starts his way down the ramp. Lyza takes the time to slap some of the hands of the fans. Brando doesn’t seem invested in the action. When they make their way to the end of the ramp, Devin looks to both sides of himself. Lyza stops in front of him and turns to face him. Brando’s eyes fall on her and she gives him a pat on the shoulder before backing away. 

With a nice turn of the heel, Reyes hit the ring steps while Devin opts to slide underneath the bottom rope. While the man rises, Lyza leaps over the top rope and scales the nearest turnbuckle. She points to some of the “Lyzanities.” When she gets off the turnbuckle, she turns to face the hard camera. Devin stands in their corner, seated against the second turnbuckle. She comes over and levels herself onto the top turnbuckle, finalizing their tandem as they await the beginning bell.

Primary Tag Team Finishers: 
Nail of Helena - Devin lifts up his opponent and prepares to drive them down with a Kinnuku Buster. Lyza scales the top rope and dives off with a double foot stomp, causing Devin to spike them onto his shoulder. 
Murder, They Wrote - Devin hits the Midnight Murder Scene. When the target is flattened out, Lyza will lock in a bridging chin lock.
Pura Violencia - Devin sets up his opponent into Ya Omote and Lyza connects with Pura Vida, which drives the victim into the Ya Omote. 

Signature Tag Team Moves: 
Helping Hand - Devin lifts up his opponents and chucks them at Lyza to “assist” her with a powerbomb. 
The Tower of Power - Devin allows Lyza to climb onto his shoulders and she hits a senton bomb on a fallen member.
Chirocrisis - Devin hits a Full Nelson Bomb as Lyza hits a Jawbreaker on their victim.
Shotgun Suplex - Devin hits his opponent with a German Suplex. While he applies a bridge, Lyza rushes in and connects with a sliding dropkick. 
Ultra Combo - Lyza begins with a headscissors takedown. The momentum will send the victim into Devin’s big boot. Lyza will connect with a dropkick to the back of the person’s head. Devin concludes the combo with a rebound spinebuster.

Short Biography: 

Devin Brando. A multiple-time world champion. A recovering scum of the earth. After some events in his life led to him taking a break from professional wrestling, he decided to try to confront a lot of what made him a monster throughout his career. An older man now by wrestling standards, he began to search for fulfillment. He reconnected with friends, no longer trying to be the recluse he enjoyed being. 

Lyza Reyes. A former world champion. A competitor searching for more opportunities to prove herself. Signing with dying federations proved frustrating. In the current environment of wrestling, it became harder and harder to find someplace stable. She returned to SCW to try her hand again. This time, however, she wanted to try something new. Tag team wrestling was a venture unknown to her, so why not try that out? 

The two of them didn’t know each other until a fateful meeting at a mutual friend’s party. Instead of hitting it off in a personal way, the two decided that their competitive energies matched. They both wanted to dive into something unfamiliar. So, they reached out to SCW to compete in World’s Best. Unfortunately for them, their personalities clashed more than originally thought. But any good team must go through the wringer to become something great.

Devin’s Biography (soon)
Lyza’s Biography (soon)
UPDATE: I will run the tournament with six teams. Ideally, I want eight teams plus so I can do two pools. If you're interested but A) don't have a partner or B) an idea for a team to run, I'm willing to help you out by discussing ideas. If you're in the first camp, feel free to post on this thread making it known that you're looking for a tag team partner and which wrestlers you would probably want to enter.
Handler Names: Randy
Tag Team Name: JaMarcus Avery & Faustina Santos
Members: JaMarcus Avery & Faustina Santos
Home Promotion: GCW
Alignment: Heel

Gimmick:
JaMarcus Avery is the Royal Guard for Princess (real legit Princess by the way) Nava Farrin. Santos is the jester, finding humor in everything. Together they are looking to wreak havoc.

Entrance Music:
"King Nothing" by Metallica

Entrance Description:

"King Nothing" by Metallica echos from the louder speaker. The lights go out. When the lights come back on Faustina Santos appears on the stage. Behind her slightly to his left is JaMarcus Avery. He turns around. He takes a moment to soak in the reaction from the audience. He methodically walks down to the ring. Santos is skipping care free behind him. He slides under the bottom rope. He takes a moment to open the rope for Santos. She enters. Santos sits on the top turnbuckle. He leans against the turnbuckle allowing the rest of the song plays out.

Primary Tag Team Finishers:
JaMarcus delivers an Air Raid Crash. Tags in Santos. She climbs to the top rope. Lands on her opponent with a 450 Splash.

Signature Tag Team Moves:
JaMarcus delivers a spinebuster, Mantos follows that up with a Lionsault.

While the opponent is in the enemy tag corner, JaMarcus spears the opponent, tags Santos, she follows up with a running bulldog.

JaMarcus delivers an Attitude Adjustment to his own partner onto their opponent.

Short Biography:

JaMarcus is a man who has been in professional wrestling for years (read his bio.) Faustina Santos has had her own interesting journey (read her bio). Both came together because Princess Nava Farrin offered them a better life and more success. She is a woman of her word, now, these two decided to see what they can do together when they got wind of a tag tournament a brewing.

JAMARCUS: https://www.gcwrestling.us/viewtopic.php...8&p=78#p78
SANTOS: https://www.gcwrestling.us/viewtopic.php...t=7&p=7#p7
I'm one of those in the group of looking for tag team partner. I'd team with any wrestler for the tournament, nobody inparticular.
Pages: 1 2