Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Owen Cruze vs. Kelsai Adamson-Mason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, April 7, 2020
OOC - My latest offering. Continuation of one storyline and the starting of hopefully the next

Enjoy Charlie and good luck as always

owen #63
OOC: Always a pleasure Chris, best of luck to you bud. I hope that everyone enjoys!

Bourbon Street Diner
New Orleans, Louisiana
April 5, 2020
3 pm

Recently, it has been a particular rough time for me.

Not a rough time for me physically mind you; physically I feel great right now. No longer am I feeling the adverse effects from the concussion that I suffered in GCW late last fall. No, this has been a particularly rough time emotionally for me. Victor has decided to resume his in-ring wrestling career, something that I am all for. My husband is very underrated wrestler, plus he looks really good in wrestling attire, so yay for me. Unfortunately, Victor was seriously injured in just his second match back, so seriously that he is recovering at home. He is slowly improving but that means that for the foreseeable future he is not with me while I am on the road. Add to it that the coronavirus is rampant everywhere right now, which means that I can’t see people like I normally would, because many people are scared to leave their homes, and in many cases they are not even allowed to leave their homes.

This week Breakdown is in Mexico City. Normally, I would love to be competing on an international tour, with Victor recovering at home however, a part of me really wants to be home with him. Plus, our local area of New Orleans is being particularly ravished by the coronavirus, something that is always in the back of my mind because I really want to help in any way that I can. I swear sometimes that although people try their very best, they really do not understand what it means to me when I say, “Let Love In”. Those are not just words to me. It is a philosophy, a mindset, where if all people can just learn to help one another, we can all make this world a little bit better place. Idealistic? Sure, my philosophy is idealistic, and I will not even try to deny it. I really believe in though, however right now with all of the things going on in the world I am really being tested, even I admit.

I am so glad that I work for two different companies where both of them have made the decision not to cancel any dates. It should be up to people and not their government whether or not they feel safe enough to continue their daily lives. Don’t get me wrong, I am not in favor of people behaving irresponsibly and risking the lives of themselves or other people, that is not what I am saying at all. But people need other people in their lives, to laugh, to cry, and more than anything else to love one another. Nothing is more powerful than love, unless of course we are not allowing ourselves to do it.

I refuse to not be allowed to love other people, it is just what I do. I also know that when people are constantly around one another person all of the time, things are eventually going to become tense between them.

I do not want things to become tense between Victor and I and I also want to help people in the New Orleans community any way that I can. It is in the backdrop that I have decided after discussing it with Amy on the phone to start volunteering downtown at the Bourbon Street Diner. The Diner, as those who live in New Orleans call it has a wide variety of comfort food that New Orleans is famous for, in a relaxed atmosphere. All that to say I have lived here for just over a year now and I have only been to The Diner to eat once. Amy said not to worry about that however, because the reason I have been to so few restaurants in New Orleans is that I am always on the road for wrestling. Besides, once I get their help volunteer nobody is going to be worried about whether or not I have been there for a meal; they will be happy that I am there to help them.

Currently The Diner is not open to serve customers for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Instead The Diner has started serving meals to for free for both healthcare and public service workers. There has been a lot made about people needing essential resources like food, water, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, ect. Just as important however is to make sure that everyone who is working on the front lines can be fed so that their bodies have the fuel necessary to continue as we fight this pandemic as a people. I would be on hand to assist them at The Diner in any way that I could, though Amy made certain that I knew this, I would not, under any circumstances be allowed to touch any of the people, so no hugs. That made me very sad just thinking about it, but I will take what I can get. There would someone there to greet me when I arrived and explain to me how everything worked

Arriving at The Diner, it was unbelievable to me what was awaiting me, as there was a line outside as far as I could see, as I took and parked my car. I see long lines all of the time, people waiting to get into an arena, many of them with children coming to see me in one of my matches as part of a live professional wrestling event. As I shut off my car and made my way into The Diner, I could tell that this was going to be one crowd that I was definitely not used to. Those people looked as though many of them had not been to sleep in months. Many of the faces I could see as I was walking in just made me want to reach out and hug them, but again hugging was off limits due to fears about spreading the virus. These fears had been validated even further when you consider that many of the people spreading the virus were asymptomatic meaning they were spreading the virus to other people without even knowing that they have it themselves. Getting inside I was barely inside of the door when I was greeted by taller gentleman who reminded me Mr D. kind of in the face, and a middle-aged woman who looked like similar to Whoopi Goldberg, 10 years earlier. She was obviously in charge there, being that she was the one who spoke to me first. They both had smiles on their faces but those were somewhat forced, because you could tell that they had been there for a while.

Woman: “Are you here to help hand essentials to those that need them, because we can use your help dear.”

There are a lot of things that I wanted to say this point. How long the line been outside that? Do all of those people know that we cannot touch them? Have the two of you been here the entire day by yourselves? Rather than saying any of those things however, I opted just to smile back at them and offer a simple statement.

Kelsai: “I am here to offer some help any way that I can. My name is Kelsai.”

She smiled again, much more natural this time as the gentleman resumed his position in the kitchen where he was making food with some gloves on, and I face mask as well. I was happy to see her smile now, as she has one of those warm, inviting smiles, the kind that can put you at ease, even when meeting a person for the very first time.

Woman: “My name is Cynthia and my partner there both at the kitcher and in life Sam, and you not need to worry, just like many of the people that will be serving her this afternoon, we know who you are Kelsai.”

It had never even occurred to me that both people that I would be volunteering with as well as the people that we might be serving could very well know who I am. Very quickly I wrestling Amy, knowing how I am when people call me name had been adamant about telling me that I was not to touch anyone under any circumstance. Only know did I begin to realize that this was going to be even harder than I realized.

Kelsai: “Well, it is really nice to meet you Cynthia. Can I ask if you and Sam are married then, and how do you know who I am?”

Cynthia’s smile became even brighter as she laughed at the question graciously while looking around the kitchen for a mask, gloves, and an apron for me to use in the kitchen, even as the two of us continued to talk. I could tell besides her volunteer efforts in the kitchen which I would find out in the next hour that she takes very seriously, Cynthia also likes to talk a lot, while her husband Sam is more of the strong, silent type. In other words, they reminded me of Victor and myself, something that put me even more at ease, while putting my mask, gloves, and apron on.

Cynthia: “Yes, Sam and I have been married for the last 32 wonderful years. I know that I can be a little bit much sometimes for him, but I would trade even a moment of our wedded bliss together, Sam and I. As for knowing who you are Kelsai, I know that you have lived here just over a year now sweetie, but in New Orleans we pay very close attention to our sports stars, and if those stars treat New Orleans in a positive light by the things that the rest of the country sees you doing? New Orleans believes in treating you appropriately and we will.”

The message being sent here was pretty close to obvious to most people. However, because I was just so awestruck by what she was saying, I asked her the next question and I have to tell you that I was not prepared for the answer that I was about to receive. Even now, it takes my breath away and makes me tear up a little. I would not be the last time that Cynthia would make me tear up either.

Cynthia: “You Kelsai? You are royalty here in New Orleans Kelsai. You might not be able to see it yet because you are to humble for your own good sometimes baby, but New Orleans loves you too more than you will ever know.”

I knew what I was supposed to be there doing, but I could not help myself as my tears started to well up deep inside of me. Instinctively, Cynthia must have known this somehow as she came along side of me and placed her hand on my shoulder while smiling that same beautiful smile at me again.

Cynthia: “Come on now, there will be plenty of time to talk about you and your career later. Right now however, we have a lot of hungry mouths to feed so lets get to helping Sam out here in this kitchen. Otherwise, that waiters and waitresses are going to be wondering why the kitchen can’t keep up with their waitstaff when the kitchen has the two owners of The Diner working in it.”

That was another thing that I was not prepared for, the admittedly there would be a lot of things that I was not prepared for on this day. I never would have thought until Cynthia made that statement as we were going to work together that she and Sam owned The Diner. Turns out that they owned The Diner for 32 years now, because Sam bought The Diner as a wedding present for Cynthia the day after they were married. I realized as the three of us were working back there together in that kitchen that although Sam bought The Diner for Cynthia, Sam didn’t have to buy for Cynthia what is the most important thing that customers can get when they come to The Diner; Cynthia’s compassion. At several points while we were cooking for them, a healthcare worker or a public service worker would poke their heads behind the kitchen just to say hi to Cynthia and or Sam, and yes there were a few who said hi to me too, which of course made me smile. Only a couple of times did Cynthia need to remind me that I was not allowed to touch anyone, and as you can imagine both times it was because of a little girl. Old habits die hard, I guess.

I heard so many things that day about what these people were doing out there on the front lines against this pandemic that I started to get choked up again. These people were so selfless, humble, kind, and brave, all fighting for the common good against a virus that is taking no prisoners.

And these are the people that love me I kept thinking? All I do is compete and entertain. These people here are the real heroes.

Once my shift was over, and I had taken my gloves, my mask, and my apron, I quickly made my way to the restroom in the back where I started to cry softly. It was not soft enough however, as Cynthia soon had her hand on my shoulder again

Cynthia: “Why are you crying baby, don’t you realize you did wonderful today?”

Kelsai: “I don’t understand Cynthia, all of those wonderful people and all of the things they are doing for others. All I do is compete and entertain. I don’t understand, why do they cheer for me when they are the real heroes?”

Cynthia shook her head at me and smiled one more time.

Cynthia: “I would loved to hug you right now but I can’t. You are right though, the people that we served here this afternoon are heroes, but so are you Kelsai. “Let Love In” Kelsai. You give people the right to hope right now, hope that we can get though all of this because of love, and in the end, love is all you need.”

With that, a simple fade to pink.

The Gift

This is a gift, does everyone understand that?

Last week on Breakdown, I lost the SCW Television Championship for a second time to Thomas Valentine. When I lost the championship the first time, I did not have a match the following week on Breakdown. It is a fact that I really do not like about being the champion but one the does happen more times than not. Personally, if I had it my way, I would be ready to step back in the ring the very next week after a loss. Losing leaves everyone-yes, even me-with a bitter taste in your mouth, that type of bitter taste that you can only get out of mouth by wrestling and winning again.

I was prepared then when I looked on the card for this week’s Breakdown to be off. Imagine my surprise then when not only was I not off, but I have a match this week that I will admit is the kind of match when I became a professional wrestler with SCW that was the type of match that I was dreaming of. Every time I talk to all of you, I talk about making your dreams come true, but this time, a get the opportunity to make my dreams come true.

I have a match on Breakdown with Owen Cruze!

Yes, that Owen Cruze, the man who at 19-years-old last year became the youngest World Champion in SCW history. This is same Owen Cruze that is not only a good friend of mine, but he is also dating one of my best friends in Jenni Helms. Not to mention when his Mom Taylor gets married to big brother Blake Mason, I will be Owen’s Aunt, which is kind of odd when you think about it, but all is fair in love and wrestling I guess. Even my mentor Amy Chastain is good friends with Owen, because Owen is a respectful, polite guy who loves his fans and when you are an icon like Amy is in the ring, why would not like a guy like that continuing on in wrestling like you have started?

This is a match that I have only dreamed of to this point and never really told anybody that I have wanted, but when I am by myself and I think about people that I would like face from a pure competitive stand point, Owen would be at the top of my list. I love to challenge myself both in and out of the ring and facing Owen I know that is not going to be an issue because I know that I am going to be challenged. In fact, this might be one instance where my opponent doesn’t have any issue keeping up with me.

What a place for this match to happen also. Mexico City has so much history in professional wrestling and the Lucha Libre style is a style not only I, but Owen tries to incorporate in his offense as well. Lucha Libre literally means "free fight," but is often translated as "freestyle fighting." The phrase specifically corresponds to the decades-long tradition in Mexico of masked, Greco-Roman-style wrestling. Lucha Libre is fast paced and high impact, which are two things that I expect our match will be Wednesday night. I am going to need to be at the top of my game if I want to defeat Owen, but I am not intimidated, instead I am relishing this challenge that has been set before me.

This is the type of match where I know that my opponent and I are on the same page, wanting to be certain we put on the best show possible for all of the fans that are in attendance. I can say without any doubt that for once my match my be that best match on the card, the kind of match that everyone who is there in attendance or watching on television will be talking about for not only the next day, but for years to come. Make no mistake about to Owen, just like you, I will be pushing myself and doing everything in my power to make sure that I walk out of Mexico City with a victory. And you better come at me with everything in your arsenal because I would not want it any other way.

I will tell you what though Owen, not only do I want to win, Wednesday night, I need to win. SCW is tremendously competitive, so competitive in fact that one loss can knock you down the ladder but two consecutive losses? Who knows where I will end up if that happened, and I am determined not to let that happen. I want those young girls that look up to me who will be there in attendance to go home with smiles on their faces, and if you are not aware just how hard I will be trying make a reality, you are about to find out Owen.

All of my lovelies in Mexico City will be on hand, ready to cheer wildly as I say…

LET LOVE IN!

…and then watch as I do everything in my power to try and pull out an improbable win, improbable because I understand what the score is alright? I know that as soon as almost anyone and everyone read that this match was on the card this week they were thinking that I would try my darndest, but ultimately I would overwhelmed and you and up leaving here with the pin fall at the end of the match.

That is alright with me too Owen, I understand why people feel that way. You have been on top of the mountain, you did win the SCW World Championship and me? I have yet to even earn an opportunity to wrestle for that same championship one-on-one. Whether or not people think I am going earn that opportunity one day is up for debate, but currently that has yet to have happened so far.

All that really tells me is that I need to keep on proving myself every time I step into that ring. I have heard this from a variety of individuals my life starting with my Daddy, but no matter who it has been saying it the message to me has always been the same: “Kelsai you never tell anyone else that you have to prove yourself to them in professional wrestling.” This is one of those rarities in my life however where my Daddy and I will have to agree to disagree because I will always believe that I have to prove myself to some people in this sport, and the day that I start to believe that I do not have to anything to prove to people in professional wrestling?

I might as well pack up my boots and retire.

I do not plan to stop until I have reached the very best, the mountain top, the pinnacle of professional wrestling and means I will always have someone that I am always proving myself to in this sport. That is not me not having confidence in myself either. In fact, my confidence in myself and my abilities has grown by leaps and bounds since coming to SCW. I used to dream about the day when I would become the SCW World Champion, but that is all I could do is dream, I could never see myself reaching up and grabbing the brass ring so to speak but now?

Now, it is no longer a matter of if, it is a matter of when. I believe in myself, I have that confidence, even if it is a quiet confidence. I have a ton of talent. I believe that I will one day become the SCW World Champion.

Wednesday night, I am going to take a huge step in that direction if I beat you Owen.

You know that you are my friend and that I love you, so I promise you that this is not personal, this is just business. I have a goal in mind, and you have been placed as the immediate obstacle in my way.

Wednesday night I am going to prove a lot of people wrong if I am able overcome that obstacle, take the victory over you Owen. I will say it one more time, this is a gift and I will be trying to make the most of that gift.

So, I will see you Wednesday night Owen, and remember lovelies…

KELSAI LOVES ALL OF YOU!