Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Blake Mason vs. Damian Angel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Quote:#ooc: Special guest appears via permission. 

Thomas & Mack Center
Las Vegas Nevada.  
April 1st

Blake Mason walked backstage leaving Alistaire Allocco and Damien Angel to convene among themselves. Power walking through the backstage area, he wanted nothing more than to head to the parking lot. Jaxson Sullivan is waiting by the rental car for Blake’s arrival. With Sienna and Chris out the building he didn’t feel the need to be shadowed by Jaxson. He figures everyone else was tied up in their own personal musings to concern themselves with what he is up to. On his way to the parking lot he stops by a locker room door.  The door wasn’t completely closed. Curious to see who was inside, he looks through the small opening to notice a familiar face. Kelcey Wallace was speaking to Peyton Rice. He wasn’t paying attention to what they were saying. Whatever they were talking about he opted to do the gentlemanly thing. Knock.

“Hope I am not interrupting.” Blake says.

Kelcey is the one who greets Blake at the door, opening it she greets Blake with the warmest of smiles.

Before Blake and Kelcey could exchange words, Peyton is quick to say. “I can give you two a moment alone. I should go see how Alistaire is doing.”

Blake nods at Peyton. “Thanks. Peyton... I meant what I said earlier. You won’t have to worry about Damien after I’m done.”

Kelcey steps to the side to give Peyton a path out the locker room. Blake steps aside as well to give Peyton a clear path to meet up with Alistaire. As Peyton walks away he tries his best to not allow his eyes to linger as she walks into the distance. He takes a deep breath, then looks back into the eyes of Kelcey. Not needing a formal invite he steps into Kelcey’s locker room. With her shutting the door behind them, Blake takes a seat.

“Perfect speech earlier.” Blake says with a smile. He is referring to how Kelcey put over the future of Supreme Championship Wrestling. Owen. Aaron Blackbourne. Peyton. And Alistaire Allocco; the man who defeated him at Retribution.

Kelcey takes a seat across from him. She crosses her legs. “Thanks. I am proud of Owen, Peyton, Alistair and Aaron.”

“Mission accomplished. You finally got what you wanted after all these years.”
A Perfect World.” Getting the call back to the four person group they were a part of years ago, Kelcey smiles back. It was RJK, Shaya Blackley, Kelcey Wallace and himself. She had a vision, the same one she still promotes to this day about being a guiding light for the professional wrestling world. He betrayed those values when he gave his soul to the devil to protect her from the upcoming onslaught. She didn’t need his soul sacrificed. He gets that now.  

“All I want to do is to make a difference.” Kelcey says. “No different than when we took on Aiken and his forces. There needs to be balance. We can’t let Infamous, Sienna and her allies bully people to get what they want.”

“Couldn’t agree more. Obviously we disagree on how to fight this battle. I don’t want to have an ideological argument. Lets agree to disagree, none of that is important.”      

“I listened to everything you said to Alistaire leading into your match--”

Blake cuts her off. “Kelcey please.” He looks off to the side. For a man who tries to prepare for everything he should have anticipated  Kelcey calling him out on Retribution promo.  “Don’t want to go there.”

“If not now, when?” Kelcey asks.

Blake shrugs. “What’s done is done.”

“How long have we known each other?” She flashes a warming smile. “You know you can talk to me.”

Blake lingers on Kelcey’s smile longer than he wanted to. Still. He holds strong. “Nothing to talk about. This is the way things need to be.”

“What Chris put you through changed a lot of lives, including mine.” Kelcey hesitated. It was around this time a year ago where her world was starting to take a different shape. She continues on. “I couldn’t condone Chris becoming a man I no longer recognized. Nothing excuses him trying to take your livelihood away from you. I was hoping he would rise above, be the better man. Don’t know. Maybe I ignored the signs. I didn’t allow him to turn me into a person I couldn't look at in the mirror. Don’t let him do the same to you.”

With a reassuring smile Blake says, “He hasn’t. There are two paths I could have taken. I could have embarked on a roaring rampage of revenge or one of acceptance. Retribution 2019 was the blessing I needed to breath new life into me. Chris knocking me on my ass at the Halloween party drove home the point that I am not a straight arrow. There’s no pressure on me to be a quote unquote better person. We have you, Peyton, Owen, Alistaire. There is a place in this world for people like me, as long as I don’t act with malicious intent, I am on the side of good.”

Kelcey leans forward and grabs Blake’s hand. “This is what you do, when the going gets rough, you retreat back to the familiar. Before we met, you had already ran over a man on television. You helped Thirteen kidnap Mr. D’s daughter. That man came to me seeking a better way. You weren’t content then, I don’t believe you’re content now. I’m not judging you; I never have. If you were one hundred percent sold on your ideology, you wouldn’t hold me in high esteem. I still believe you can be that man, not the one your father wanted you to be.”

There was a silence that filled the air. Blake was unsure what he was going to say to Kelcey. After all these years she still manages a way to pierce the wall he stubbornly tries to keep up. He has tried to fight it. Month in and month out, year in and year out. Still. No other human being on the planet  affects him the way Kelcey does. She’s right. He does hold her in high esteem. She continues to be the best person he has ever known. He continues to experience certain emotions like the ones he felt when Chris nearly C4’ed her. He continues to be afraid of the effect she still holds over him. He takes back his hand. Stands up, dusting himself off, Blake says. “Jaxson is waiting for me; I need to go.”

Kelcey stands up. “Ok. Can we discuss this another time?”

Before he can respond she gives him a hug. He doesn’t hug her back immediately. Blake is able to snap himself out of his own thoughts, he hugs her back. “Yeah... anything for you.”

Kelcey lets him go. “Don’t let Chris win.”

“He won’t.” Blake nods. Blake quickly exits the room. Once he does Blake shuts the door behind him. Leaning against the door to collect his thoughts he takes a deep breath. With no reason to stay he walks off in the direction of the parking lot to meet up with his bodyguard Jaxson Sullivan.

--

Blake was looking forward to winding down after his  long night. Between announcing his intent to challenge Damien Angel, confronting Tommy Valentine for brushing off Kelsai, and having an intense conversation with Kelcey Wallace, all Blake wanted to do was go to sleep. Part of him was tempted to go straight to the airport, hop on the jet, fly back to California, catching a nap while his jet was in the air. Jaxson convinced him he was better off getting real sleep. To the hotel both of them decided to crash the night. Their rooms connected. In the event Blake needed anything, Jaxson was nearby. Laying on his Queen size bed wearing only his black boxers, he closed his eyes. Without warning his phone rang. Not wanting to answer the phone he allowed it to keep ringing. Immediately the person wanting his attention called again. He sighed, looking at the Caller ID Victor Mason’s number popped up. His brother is requesting a video call. Blake decided to accept.
Victor’s face appears wearing a hat reminiscent of Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch.

“I don’t miss you wearing that ugly hat, Vic.” Blake smirks.

Victor responds with a hearty chuckle. “Found it in a box I didn’t even open when Kelsai and I moved down here. That’s the funny thing about free time. Between all the traveling and getting my ass kicked... never realize how much time you have until a freak of nature comes close to snapping your body in two.”

The freak Victor is referring to is Dustin Adams. In GCW Victor attempted to defend his own honor challenging the Inmate to a Falls Count Anywhere Match, obviously his attempt to defend his honor didn’t go as he imagined. Spent a few days in the hospital. Beaten. Battered. Bruisered. Not completely decimated. Decimated enough to refuse to travel to GCW shows with his wife. Small price to pay for giving your life to professional wrestling. Blake shakes his head. “If you had taken me up on lending you Jaxson--”

“I appreciate the offer.” Victor interrupted. “Somethings require a personal touch. No regrets.”

“Next time I’m not giving you a choice.” Blake reaffirms.

Victor hesitates before saying, “There might not be a next time.”

“Nonsense!” Blake says without second thought. “No one stays away from the action for long. You have a lot left to give.”

“You are right in that respect. Not to professional wrestling. I am giving serious thought to stop traveling the road one hundred percent.”

Blake narrows his eyes. “Why?”

“As you already know, Kelsai wants to adopt a child. It's becoming quite clear with both of us traveling all the time that it will make it next to impossible for an adoption agency to view us as suitable candidates, what is the point in being parents if you are hardly at home. Between SCW and GCW, unless one or both of us cuts back on traveling, that decreases our viability. So if it comes down to it, we are both taking a step back. Kelsai said she would give up wrestling to make the time.”

As much as he wanted to maintain a poker face at his brother’s bold declaration,  Blake’s eyes nearly popped out of its sockets. His grip on the phone tightened. He couldn’t believe what his brother just told him. He knew Kelsai was driven by emotion, probably more than his second ex wife (Bree). Retirement? Blake takes a deep breath.

“I take it you don’t approve,” Victor said finally breaking the silence.

“Vic... it’s been a long day; I’m tired of hell. Have a lot on my mind, that’s all.”  

“I saw. Be careful with Damien Angel.”

“Damien is the easy part, talking to Kelcey--” Blake pauses. He briefly runs there interaction in his head. “--is always hard. I wish I didn't become  a glob of goo every time she speaks.”

Victor chimes in, “Please don’t tell me--”

“Relax.” Blake interrupts. “Nothing like that. She reminded me how much I didn’t want to be like our father. Am I becoming him? Am I him?”

“It’s impossible not to share some of his traits. DNA.” Victor says with ice calm coolness. “You do feel this compulsive need to--” Victor hesitates slightly before saying “-- trying your best to assert a level of control over situations. That reminds me why I called in the first place. I appreciate you looking out for Kelsai. Makes me smile. Considering how hard you tried to run her out of the family at first. Come along way. She can handle herself is what I’m saying. Kelsai may not handle lifes circumstances the way you do, I was annoyed Tommy brushed her off. However she chooses to react to that, let it be.”  

Blake sternly asks. “Do you agree with her antagonizing the Jackals?”

Victor shakes his head.

Blake continues. “Ok then. All this let love in stuff... Jesus died. So did Martin Luther King. I am going to prevent my sister from becoming a damn martyr. That is the thing about ideologies, they are not worth becoming a victim for. If I can help it, I will keep your wife safe. She hasn’t battled true adversity in SCW yet. When that day comes, telling people to Let Love In will land her in the hospital. Be grateful I’m going to prevent that.”

“Can’t control everything--”

Blake sighs. “Goodbye Victor!”

Victor nods. “Toodles.”

Blake hangs up. Last thing he needed to hear for the millionth time is he can’t control everything.

--

< PROMO TIME >

“Damien Angel you remind me of... me.”

“I find myself saying that a lot lately; we all know your story. You have been in Supreme Championship Wrestling for ages, had some noteworthy moments. Winning Taking Hold of the Flame. The Holy War you and Chad engaged in is still talked about to this day. In recent years you led a cult, when that didn’t work, you were Giovanni’s right hand man in The Wonderland. The list goes on and on. Me? I had some noteworthy moments, too. Almost crippled a guy. Ran over at least two people on SCW television. List goes on, and on, and on. Both of us don’t have the greatest rap sheet on the planet. There is also one more key fact that shines a singularity on both of our lives.”

“The inherent goodness of a beauty woman.”

“For you Damien that woman is Peyton Rice. Makes sense. From the first day Peyton introduced herself to the wrestling world she has been a steady beacon of goodness. The resolve she possesses in the most difficult of situations is super natural. Her former lover Ricky Octavious died. A tragedy like that could break the human spirit beyond repair. Not Peyton’s spirit. She pushed forward when it was tough. Came to work. Put her nose to the grindstone. She continued on to be the beacon of hope professional wrestling fans all around the world crave for. You can say Peyton is the second coming of... Kelcey Wallace, a woman who inspired me too. I wasn’t the poster child of perfection. Still not. Kelcey came into my life at a time where I needed someone to be my Northstar. Is that how we are supposed to believe it is for you, Damien? Is Peyton your Northstar? If we are to believe had you had won the Trios tournament you would have abdicated your briefcase to your beacon of light; come on.  Some found it cute... some would argue adorable. I don’t trust your intentions, at all.”

“Our paths might be similar, here is where we differ; I actually care about Peyton’s well being. I care about her progress in this company. I don’t want con artists like you becoming an albatross to her progression. Con artists  like you see a bastion of goodness like Peyton, think to yourself how are you going to use that goodness to your advantage. So you come up with a brilliant scheme. Act like you are Peyton’s friend. Be there for her in her time of need. When you get what you want out of the exchange, you drive the dagger into her heart. Damien Angel, THAT is who you are. For years you floated around on the SCW roster  masquerading as a so-called devil, your act eventually got old. Not like any of your recent schemes have bore fruit. At least in the past you admitted you were up to no good. What is next in the master manipulator handbook? Orchestrate the getting pulled under the ring stunt, come back a brand new man? Act like you have changed? Get the approval of one of the best people on the planet. Damien. Come on. I see right through your facade. Very soon I leave no doubt to the world how much of a con artist you truly are.”

“I won’t allow you to ruin Peyton.”

“I won’t allow you to drag Alistaire down in your web of deceit.”

“As long as you are hovering around the men and women Kelcey has championed, you will have an issue with me. Up until now you were about to get away with your facade. Peyton, Alistaire, they are too pure to do what is necessary to get the job done.  The job in this case is to extract your poisonous ways out of their lives. All con artists like you manage to accomplish is leave men and women worse off from having known you. Poor KALI. Remember her? In Emerge all by herself, unable to prepare for a life left to her own devices. You want to save anyone Damien, how about you make KALI’s life better! You are incapable of bettering anyones life, as long as I am around, you won’t ruin Peyton or Alistaire’s future. I can respect their desire to handle situations their way, cons like you Damien deserve a very special touch, don’t expect me to play fair tomorrow night. The only goal I have is ensuring your brand of cancer is extracted from Kelcey’s Perfect World.”    

“Your days of leeching off the future of the sport is over.”

“I would say ‘Thanks For Coming’ but that would be a lie.”

“See you out there.”