Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Mixology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Off Camera)

They say creating a new routine helps with maintaining a sense of normalcy during uncertain times. What may seem comical or out of place for many is the new norm for Lyza Reyes. Making a run to the grocery store in an orange jumpsuit with an astronaut helmet in downtown, Manhattan (when it’s not Halloween) added humor to a situation she took seriously. 

She wouldn’t be surprised if she had made an appearance on “Influencers in the Wild’s” Instagram account, but it was better than nothing. 

The morning after the anticipated “Rose Moon” made its appearance, Lyza found herself at Rockefeller Park facing the Hudson River with her fur-son, Aristotle. She wanted to avoid any accumulation of people that were also seeking to get their morning workout done or run into other puppers and ruin their interaction on account of following proper social distancing protocols. 

“I hope you don’t mind hanging out with Horchata this weekend at mom’s house,” Lyza says, disposing of a waste bag in a nearby trash bin. 

She applies hand sanitizer gel on her hands after and begins the trek back to her apartment. In her orange jumpsuit and all, she walks past the businesses that have temporarily closed, seeing a jogger or two in the distance. Some would think these are the mornings to appreciate and cherish as it will not always be this way, but knowing what it took to reach this eerie sense of solitude was not worth it to her. 

As she continues her walk, she sees employees inside a liquor store organizing the shelves as well as cleaning. A chalkboard sign stands in front of the shop indicating that they are open for delivery and curbside pick-up only. She finds it interesting that something considered a depressant would be deemed essential at a dark point in the year 2020. 

“To each their own,” she says to herself.

Leaving for Puerto Rico soon was something she had been looking forward to since the announcement of SCW’s World’s Best:  Tag Team Tournament. Her tag partner, Devin became one of her regular sparring partners when she wasn’t booked for anything. Despite her downtime, it was important for her to never weaken that “wrestling muscle” as she liked to call it. 

About a quarter-mile away from her destination, she picks up the pace seeing an approaching bus. Passengers may request a stop where she was currently at. Aristotle follows suit, sensing her urgency. It’s crazy how she would rush to jump from a ladder to take down an opponent, but the thought of a civilian being within six feet away from her was awful.

She takes several breaths afterward, trying to revert to her usual zen-like nature. While doing so, she feels someone or something brushing up behind her before Aristotle’s leash is removed from her grasp. She turns around, seeing a man in a dark gray suit petting the mixed beagle spaniel. 

“Release the fucking leash,” she commands.

“Who knew it would take times like these to revert back to that sort of language, Lyza.”

“Look, these streets aren’t exactly bustling...let him go.”

The man in the suit nonchalantly drops the leash and begins to back up several feet from Lyza and Aristotle.

“That’s where you’re wrong. It’s too bad I needed to cut this short, however, it’s not our last. Good luck in your next bout.”

He steps to the side and enters through the passenger door of a vehicle parked on the side. Lyza picks up Aristotle and makes a run for her apartment building.

(On Camera)

A group of young adults is seen on camera appearing to be enjoying themselves in a large backyard setting as some catchy trap house music blasts through speakers. The location is somewhere tropical given the palm trees and the lack of layers on the attendees.

With the track fading out, the guests follow suit as the viewers can now see that the party was not taking place in real-time. A white screen remains until a woman steps into the frame and positions herself in front of the camera. Lyza Reyes flashes a smile before snapping her fingers. At her command, the screen behind her displays the cat’s eye nebula bursting with colorful lights. Already mic’d up, she goes on to address the viewers.

“Imagine the things that were seemingly ordinary in your routine are now considered a risk to your well-being and for others? How do you deal when all of a sudden the world around you comes to a sudden halt? Being in the middle of what many would consider a hot spot for biowarfare can easily bring out the worst in many that are afraid of uncertainty. Your enemy isn’t the person walking up to you with a gun pointed at you. Instead, they are invisible and arrive without prior notice.

So many of you wish to have the power and influence of this unforeseen enemy, yet you couldn’t talk yourself out of getting a speeding ticket on account of trying to purchase more toilet paper for your cute doomsday bunker.

Hello again, SCW. “

She waves at the camera before proceeding.

“It’s been months since our last interaction. I admit I left after night one of the God of Wrestling tournament with a sour taste in my mouth, bitters if you must. There was no chance of redeeming myself the next day or week after, not until now with a tag team partner. What I have learned in this business is to appreciate the talent regardless of where they are in their career. From the promising rookie to the veteran that’s flirting with retirement, respect the journey and respect the process. I’m aware that I fall somewhere between a rookie and on the verge of retirement, however, I never discount the opportunity to learn from all sides.

The Piña Coladas; they’re cool and refreshing - appropriate choice in a name for Delilah and HUNG. You can’t help but think of groovy times with pretty people. Who wouldn’t want that right now? This is all good unless you’re looking for something stronger, something that makes your liver cry. 

Now if you’re an individual in pursuit of potent libations, you came to the right place! Unlike your cocktails that require a blender, all you need to channel yours truly is cranberry, spices and a little something clear that’s illegal in some parts of America - oh yes an Ultra Cranberry Spiced Moonshine![/b] Talk about sweet and spicy, but will mess you up!

Adding to what I said earlier, I will give anyone that’s remained committed to learning the ropes of this business the benefit of the doubt and will respect their hustle. It will not be up to me to crush Delilah’s dreams or leave HUNG hanging as they seek greatness! I’m not that type of bad guy, relax. Will I make them work? Absolutely! Will they better appreciate their downtime in between matches? You bet! I’m a bit of an [i]old-fashion in that sense, where hard work would not hurt the spirit! Despite the reputation a Pina Colada gets for being ‘soft,’ I’m going in with an open mind while making sure neither of you fine people in this tournament catches me slipping. For every shortcoming I’ve had, I take it as another learning experience and an opportunity to keep things in check. What are my weaknesses? What’s going to be my downfall if I don’t make the necessary changes? These are tough questions that we need to ask ourselves. When you’re in a world of denial or full of yourself, then the process is going to be much harder. 
[/i]

I’ve been fortunate to find a partner that is no-nonsense and will not hesitate to tell me where I may be lacking or putting myself in a vulnerable spot in the ring. For every fan or cheerleader that we have in our corners, you’ll never have too many mentors or those that will tell you the truth when it’s needed. You may not always find an in-ring partner that will agree with your methods, but as long as they can help you get to where you want to be, then you better make it work! Face it, the nutmeg and cinnamon can be overkill for some, so go for the whiskey that is Devin Brando!” 

She says this, putting her hands together in glee. 

“This isn’t my first rodeo in tag team competition, however, it’s an area I would like to further test my abilities to collaborate with someone that is also looking to win. Our paths were crossed for a reason and the journey starts here at Supreme Championship Wrestling under the 2020 World’s Best:  Tag Team Tournament. May Honourable Win take note, as well as all other teams that will be participating. I look forward to further addressing everyone else in the near future.”

The screen behind her transitions from the nebula to an image of the galaxy with shining stars. Before the scene fades out, she whispers “Ultra.”