Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost vs. Maddy Steward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, April 14, 2020
The Dynamite Kid | Madison Steward | "The Goddess Watches on"

{The episode starts with a shot of an icy palace somewhere mountainous regions. The scene changes to inside of the palace and a shot of the entrance with the doors closed. One of the door creeks open and The Goddess steps inside. She is wearing her pure white gown and see thru shirt. She takes a couple of steps inside the palace before a couple of ice made guards show up with ice lances in hand. She shows no fear as she came prepared with the Claíomh Solais in hand. One of her treasures, a sword with a blue steel blade. The ice creatures do as they were made for and guard the palace. They approach the Goddess and prepared to defend it. The Goddess proceeds to continue her way into the place not letting the guards detour her. The ice creature go in to attack and the Goddess uses her blade to fend off their lances and she spins around slashes them with her sword shattering them into pieces.}

{The Goddess continues to walk through the frozen halls of the ice palace. Another ice creature forms like some kind of magical security system. It lunges at the Goddess, but she has some kind of heighten senses and avoids the attack. She slashes through the creature shattering it like the other two. She makes it to the end of the corridor and steps into the next room which happens to be the Ice Queen’s frozen throne. Though the room it’s empty. No Ice Queen. Just a few ice sentry that the Goddess easily defeated. She walks over to the empty throne and stands there. She lays her sword down on the throne and wonders where the Ice Queen could’ve gone.}

{The Goddess isn’t that concern about her disappearance from her palace. She instead turns her attention to why she came here. A mirror hanging on the wall. She walks over and looks at herself in the mirror. Maybe this might explain why she is Katie’s Goddess. A bigger ice creature spawns behind her. She sees it in the reflection in the mirror. She also sees her sword behind it on the throne. The ice creature swings it’s ice lance at the Goddess. She rolls out of the way and makes her way towards the frozen throne. The ice creature swings its lance around and sweeps out the legs of the Goddess tripping her. She crashes to the cold floor. She rolls over on her back and the ice creature stands over her and thrusts his lance at her head. She moves her head and the lance stabs the ground breaking the ice and the creature loses its balance and falls to the floor. The Goddess rips the broken lance out of its hands and swings at its head breaking the ice creature into pieces.}

{The Goddess walks back to the throne and retrieves her sword.}

The Goddess: She was always a bit paranoid that one. 

{The Goddess walks back over to the mirror. She wipes her hand over the surface to clean the glass.}

The Goddess: Now to see if the brats are doing what I asked them to do for me.

{The Goddess looks into the mirror and it shows what Gigi Steward is doing right now. She is traveling on a road by herself and she leaving the encampment of migrants. She looks at her hands and wonders if she can do what she had done against Lucas in their fight again.}

The Goddess: This one looks to have discovered that she can use magic in my realm. Interesting.

{The Goddess taps the mirror and it changes from Gigi to Maddy who is shown in a market with a young girl who looks like Katie.}

The Goddess: And this looks to found a friend. 

{The Goddess continues to watch the progress of Gigi and Maddy’s quest through the magic mirror as the scene fades.}

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

{The scene changes to Maddy who is standing in the middle of the market. She holds the necklace that the Goddess had given her and she still has no idea what to even do with it.}

Madison Steward: I wish Gigi was here. She’ll had figured this out by now. How do I capture a demon soul with this thing?

{The young girl walks over to Maddy and hands her a piece of bread.}

Young Katie: Here. You’re hungry. 

Madison Steward: How did you get this? We don’t have any money.

Young Katie: It doesn’t matter. Eat.

{Maddy takes the bread and picks pieces off to eat.}

Madison Steward: So do you know anyone that could tell us about this necklace? It’s why we came here. To get answers. You wanted it.

Young Katie: I just thought it looks like something to sell. Still do. It’s obviously very important.

Madison Steward: Right, thief.

Young Katie: I’m not a thief. Whatever it doesn’t really matter.

{The young girl feeling insulted she turns and walks away from Maddy. Maddy tries to stop her from leaving as she feels she is important to her and Gigi’s quest. Before she can stop her Maddy spots Lucas Knight stepping out of a building which distracts her.}

Madison Steward: Lucas? Oh thank the Goddess I ran into someone else I know. This place is scary by yourself…

{Lucas catches a glimpse of Maddy and then turns the opposite way and takes off. He probably doesn’t want any trouble like what Gigi caused him the last time.}

Madison Steward: Hey! Lucas. Wait, where are you going?

{Maddy gives a bit of a chase after Lucas. She is cut off by Las Bandidas de Gata Negra who come out of the building Lucas came out of. Maddy stops and starts to backup as the Bandidas circle around her. Maddy pockets the necklace away to keep it safe. Before Maddy gets a chance to plead with them they pounce on her and just beat her down. Maddy curls up into a ball trying to protect herself from the onslaught of the bandidas attack. Maddy closes her eyes and she just prays that Gigi was there.}

{The scene changes to The Goddess who watches on from the Frozen Throne. She doesn’t show any expression to determine if she is enjoying or worried about what she is watching. She just looks back and the broken ice creature that litters the ground with its pieces.}

{Back to Maddy, she continues to try to protect herself from the beat down. One of the Bandidas leans in and tries looting Maddy. They pull out the necklace from Maddy’s pocket and holds it. They don’t get a lot of time to check it as an arrow rips through the air and catchs the chain of the necklace dragging it out of their hands.} 

{The Bandidias look up and see the answer to Maddy’s prayers, Gigi running to Maddy’s side with a bow in her hand. She leaps at the Bandidas and immediately goes into attack. Gigi throws punches, but the Bandidas like mexican ninjas are to quick and dodge everyone. Gigi swings the bow around and that causes the Bandidas to jump back giving Gigi time to check on Maddy.}

Madison Steward: G? Is it really you?

Giovanna Steward: It’s me, Maddy. Let’s do this.

{Gigi helps Maddy up to her feet. The two stand side by side and Maddy holds onto her side feeling the affects of the beat down. Gigi steps forward still ready to fight and protect Maddy.}

Giovanna Steward: I don’t know what is happening right now or what I’m truly capable of, but I recommend to either one of you that you don’t want to see me unleash it. 

{The Bandidas take a few seconds and they then slowly back away and disappear in a cloud of smoke. Gigi turns to Maddy who grabs her tight and just hugs her.}

Giovanna Steward: I know. I missed you too Maddy.

{Maddy doesn’t let go. Gigi steps back with Maddy holding on and she retrieves the necklace that is hanging on the wall that the arrow pierced it too.}

Madison Steward; This place is insane, G.

Giovanna Steward: Tell me about it. I ran into Paris and Robin, who is a Queen by the way. Katie had pissed her off so she threw me in a dungeon. Only to have Barry and his friend release me and send me away from that place. To watching Owen die and me fighting Lucas. Now we have the Bandidas to worry about. At least we still have the necklace.

Madison Steward: I’ve been stuck with this girl running for our lives away from some demon. It’s really weird cause she looks just like Katie.

Giovanna Steward: Where is she?

Madison Steward: She’s… (remember she took off right before the Bandidas show up) Shoot she’s gone. I think she’s part of our quest. I mean why else would she look so much like Katie.

Giovanna Steward: We’ll find her. Don’t worry. 

{A rumbling shakes the ground under Gigi and Maddy’s feet. They get on high alert wondering what’s going to happen next. Ice creatures spawn around them armed with their lances. Gigi and Maddy turn with their backs to each other prepared to fight. The ice creatures take a couple of steps towards them, but they end up melting and falling apart in the warming climate then where the Goddess is at.}

Giovanna Steward: Seriously, we got Selena too? 

Madison Steward: This quest isn’t easy, is it?

Giovanna Steward: It’s ok. At least we’ve found each other again. We’ll do it tgoether.

{Gigi and Maddy turn and they leave the market that was emptied from the fighting and the small tremor and the scene fades.}

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

{The scene opens back to the Frozen Throne of the Ice Queen where the Goddess watches Gigi and Maddy continue their quest before the mirror returns to normal reflection.}

The Goddess: They are strong the two of them together, but they’re going to need a bit of a push to speed the quest forward.

{The Goddess turns around and leaves the throne room as she looks to somehow accelerate their quest and the scene fades.}

{The scene changes to Hollywood, California inside a studio on a Hollywood back lot. Maddy is on the set sitting in a chair with a green back drop behind her.}

Madison Steward: Wow. Selena Frost. I’m facing one of the best SCW has to offer. I should be terrified. No. Exactly I am very much terrified of them match. Selena is definitely going to beat me and crush my dreams. No matter how hard it is that I believe. She’s stronger than I am and her accomplishment are better to my none. 

Madison Steward: Through I do have something to fight for. I do a reason to fight Selena. To prove myself to her and SCW and even the Tag Team Champions. Selena got her shot and she tried to get Regan her Supreme Champion rank and she failed. What this match is, is me doing what I can to get Katie her Supreme Champion ranking. If I can beat Selena on Breakdown. I can get Katie her shot at the Tag Team titles. If Katie can get the titles, before Regan. Selena is going to feel worst. Even worst than me beating her. This is going to be a battle of mind games. I mean I could possibly be facing a Selena in self doubt. Second guessing herself. This could very well be my moment. This is where I can prove that I am SCW’s Star of Tomorrow. Opportunity is opportunity and you can’t let it slip away from you. There is a reason why I was placed in this match. I’m not scared of the frozen hell that I’m going to be in at Breakdown this Wednesday. Desire is more than our name and I’m going to have it for Selena. She’s going to see just had stubborn and headstrong I am.

{Maddy sits up out of her chair ending the interview. She walks away from the set as the scene and the episode end.}
OOC: The following takes place following Retribution PPV. Promo takes place day of Breakdown.

The Dark Side of the Sun

“Aftermath”

Frankfut Prison III
Frankfurt, Germany
March 17th, 2020
3:17pm

She watched the grass a few inches away from each step of her feet as she walked, though her eyes did, occasionally, catch her runners brushing away the strands with each step. The black shoes and blue denim jeans stood out against the green and, compared to the inmates here wearing their blue prison-uniforms, she imagined her leather jacket and salmon-coloured shirt stood out as well.

Frankfurt, much like the weather at the Schonenburg Castle, was rather pleasant for Selena. While she preferred winter, and always would, there was still enough of the colder season in the air to create a cool and invigorating atmosphere, such as today – the breeze slightly ruffling her platinum-blonde braid that lay against her back. 

But even with the beautiful weather and the even more beautiful company, her gaze kept drifting down to the ground, her mind lost in rampant thought.

It's my fault... I failed.

That thought had plagued her over and over again since last week. While it had hurt to, inevitably, lose in a rigged situation with Talia and the “Snow Queen pageant”, Selena had been prepared for that. She had known from the start that the odds were against her, not to mention the high probability that Talia wouldn't even keep her word if Selena complied – though the platinum-blonde had tried to do so with every demand. Still, Talia changing everything at the last moment – demanding Selena win the pageant in order to keep the lawyer's assistance in freeing Deanna – it had been too late to accomplish such a task.

Not that Selena hadn't tried. 

But she had accepted failure for what it had been: a wild goose chase. She had warned Deanna as much and had prepared herself for that reality, so the notion that she had not been successful did not hurt as much as it could have.

But what happened two days ago? That has been Selena's failure in every sense of the word.

She had done all she could to get her sister, Regan Street, what she had wanted for so long. Promised her that she would help make it happen. And what had happened? First, she had allowed dropped the ball for them during the Trios tournament – failing to correct the injustice done to Regan by Sienna Swann. Then, she had allowed themselves to draw Tommy and Kandis in the number one contender match. And lastly, she had been unable to stop the pinfall Tommy had done on Infamous at Retribution, Kandis having gotten in the way. Now, the tag-titles, which had been so closely within their grasp, were now in the hands of the Butt-Connection. Who knew when Selena and Regan would get another shot at them – Selena's chances at titles being one of the most abysmal in SCW for the last few years in terms of numbers. In short: The Snow Queen had failed in every way to fix anything in her sister's life.

She had tried to talk to Regan after the pay-per-view match, but the Hellcat had been too distraught, too frustrated to want to talk. She had told Selena that she would speak to her later, but that had been days ago. Even when Selena had gotten win of a “Best in the World Tag-Team Tournament”, Regan hadn't seemed interested. No... it wasn't that – Selena was sure. It was more: Regan wasn't sure. The Hellcat had apologized to Selena and assured her that she would talk to the platinum-blonde later, leaving Selena to leave “Frozen Hell” off the entry page for the tournament.

She's probably re-evaluating picking me for a partner in the first place. she thought sadly. That or wishing she had smashed my head and crushed it with that monitor all those years ago...or...

The young Frost didn't want to think about the end of that sentence, but her brain didn't seem to want to listen to her feelings. Drawing Tommy and Kandis in a double-pin on that episode of Breakdown had been enough for Regan to publicly state that she was contemplating retiring from wrestling. And the way she had looked in Selena's eyes in that change room after Retribution... 

What if she goes through with it? What if she acts impulsively?

Again, Selena pictured it as she walked along the field of cut grass. Arriving back in the states, prepared for Breakdown, only to be told that her sister had left SCW – retired. Gone.

Just like Dawn.
Just like Kennedy.
Just like Kelcey.

A pain gripped her heart but Selena swallowed harshly and forced it down into her stomach like a stone. She needed to see Regan again. Needed to speak with her – and the more and more she realized that, the more and more she realized that simply picking up a phone wasn't going to do it. A little tough love was needed.

The pressure she felt in her hand, however, caused her to realize another kind of love, so different than the kind she was thinking about using on Regan. The love that was squeezing her hand wasn't 'tough', but patient and kind. Endearing. Unstoppable. And has she turned her head from her hand – wrapped inside a smaller one – and up to the emerald-green eyes, she acted on impulse herself, stopping her walk with her companion to softly press her lips to hers. There was a smile waiting for her, which only grew with a surprised yelp that was all swallowed with Selena's sudden kiss, but a response certainly came, soft lips pressed to hers as another hand cupped Selena's face. 

The two stood there for a few minutes, basking in the afternoon sunshine and one another. Gently, Selena leaned her head back to take in her wife's features. Red hair that freely flowed down the back of Deanna's head, emerald eyes that sparkled a little from the kiss, and that smile.

“You were burning a long line in the grass.” Deanna said gently, her hand still cupping Selena's face. “I was worried you were going to walk us right into the fence.”

Turning her head, Selena realized that the two of them were just a few a couple of strides away from the perimeter fence that outlined the 'recreational space' section of the Frankfurt prison. Through the chain-links, the platinum-blonde could see the parked cars on the other side of the property, some parts of the prison that stretched out, and the roads that lead to elsewhere of the city. At the top of the fence, barbed-wire stretched across the top.

Turning her gaze back to her wife, Selena offered a sad smile to the redhead. “Would certainly make for a lousy escape route, wouldn't it?”
“I think the guards would think you were drunk or something.” Deanna smiled back, tilting her head back a little to acknowledge the guards that stood at the doors of the prison, casually watching the pair as the walked along the grass.

The day, itself, and their very location was just further proof to Selena how hard her wife was working to make things better for them. The week had begun with such wonderful news – aside from the fact that it would end next Monday with their monthly allowed twelve-hour conjugal visit. Up until now, Selena's other visits throughout had to be conducted in the 'visitation room', the medium-sized, concrete abode with a guard or two just a few feet away. Yesterday, Deanna had given her such wonderful news:

Because of her good behaviour and working extra jobs for the warden and guards, staying out of trouble, and just, as they had put it “being a model inmate”, Deanna had been granted a sort of 'reward', being allowed to use the outside space during visitation time (not during allowed recreational times when it would be filled with other inmates, of course) to walk with her wife – only one person was allowed to be with Deanna during these kinds of visits. It was what allowed the two of them to be able to walk arm-in-arm today, enjoying the sunshine together.

Carefully, Selena simply guided Deanna away from the fence, as if they were just walking. She had zero intention of getting her wife in trouble when she had worked so hard to give them this little gift. “Sorry.” she added, squeezing her wife's arm as she held it. “Lot on my mind.”

“What else is new?” teased the playful redhead. “Work again?”
Selena nodded. “Regan isn't doing so well.” she explained, causing Deanna to nod her head.
“And I assume things didn't go well with...” her voice trailed off, but Selena could tell what she was referring to. While Deanna still had no idea Selena had gone to Nome to participate with the whole 'Snow Queen pageant', Selena had told her that she had been chasing a potential lead to getting her out of prison.

With a sad sigh, Selena slowly shook her head. “I did my best.” she admitted. “In the end, it didn't pan out.”
“That's...” Deanna sighed as well, though hers was nowhere near as a sad-sounding as Selena's. “That's okay.” she consoled. “You said it was a shot in the dark.” 

The two were silent for a moment as they continued to walk the grounds, the sounds of birds chirping as some flew up and over the fence and into the space, possibly to look for food or something. 

“Are you doing that thing where you blame yourself?”

The question caught Selena off-guard for a brief moment, but only for a moment. After all, reading Selena Frost was a skill that Deanna was quite proficient in. From the way she tilted her head, swayed her hips, inflected her words with her accent, if all of that was a book - “Selena Frost” by title – Deanna would have certainly read cover to cover over and over again. 

“Yes.” Selena glumly admitted. 
“Uh huh.” Deanna nodded before shaking her head. “You know you're not supposed to do that.”

“Okay. Hear me out on this.” stopping the pair of them, Selena held her hands out to steady herself and her wife. “Because this time, I feel like it really is my fault. What happened with that thing that didn't pan out? Okay, yes I blamed myself but I also knew that there was a chance it wouldn't work out. I feel bad for getting your hopes up and I should have known better, but I don't regret going for it, you know?”

“Not really, because I don't know what you did or where you went, but I get the basics. Go on.” Deanna prompted.

“But here's the thing. I promised Regan that would do everything I could to make things right by her. And I just keep messing it up. No matter how hard I try, no matter how much I give, I always come up short. And it's not her that messes up. It's me. And now-”

“You think she's going to leave SCW.”

It wasn't a question. The redhead had deduced everything just from the weeks listening to her wife discuss the wrestling world with her. And while Deanna didn't quite get all the intricacies and politics that went into the business, she had certainly seen enough and experienced enough to understand her wife's passion, ideals, and dreams, which also meant that she knew what could hurt her wife the most. 

Losing someone close to her.

She watched Selena slowly nod her head, confirming that assessment. “She losing faith.” the platinum-blonde explained. “I don't know what more I can do. I can't demand another chance. I can't make Sasha give her something else, like the Television title, or something to keep her focused. I just... I don't know what else I can do to just...”

“Make her stay?”

“Make her see that she's making a terrible mistake.” Selena explained with a shake of her head. “She's so... knee-jerking. What's the word.”
“Impulsive?” Deanna asked with a tilt of her head.
“That's it!” Selena snapped her fingers. “Impulsive. She acts sometimes without thinking it through. That's what I'm afraid will happen. She'll just act because she's frustrated and she doesn't know where to go and I don't have anything to tell her to convince her that this is just a rough patch. That we can get through this.”

For a brief moment, Selena wished she could steal a page from the book of Datura. When Datura had beat Regan, she had somehow lit a fire under the Hellcat that had propelled her to win the Trios Tournament and the Adrenaline championship. It was amazing to see Regan in such top form. Nothing like now...

“I've seen her turn defeat into something...something remarkable. I don't know how to get her to do that again.” she added, her tone a little softer. “And if she does leave, it will be because I couldn't keep my promises to her.”

There was a moment of silence as the pair began making their way back to the prison, noticing a few dark clouds begins to make their way across the skies. 

“She's not a child, Selena.” Deanna settled on saying. “She's going to make her own decisions and it will fall on her shoulders what the consequences of those decisions will be. Yes, you can help her and yes you can play a part in those decisions, but, ultimately, it's unfair to place the blame solely on your shoulders for the choices she makes.” a quiet sigh escaped the redhead. “Do you think that I blame you for me being here?”

Turning her head to regard her, Selena opened her mouth to speak but slowly closed it when no words would initially come out. “I...I don't know.”

“I do. Know, I mean.” Deanna half-stammered when she realized the first part of her words and how they sounded. “And I don't. Blame you. I don't blame you.”
“Why not?” Selena huffed. “I couldn't get you cleared of the charges. I couldn't get you another lawyer and all that-”

A pair of soft fingertips gently pressed into Selena's pale lips, quietening her rather effectively. 

“The reason this happened is because I came here. I ran away from you. Yes, I did it to protect our daughter and it lead to the birth of our Amiliah....” she smiled happily, picturing the perfect little child with her own red hair. “So I don't regret it beyond hurting you. But this-” she gestured with a twirl of her finger, indicating the prison. “All of this is because I made a choice.”

“You can't-”

“I wouldn't be here if I hadn't come to Germany in the first place.” Deanna stated emphatically. “Yes, there were factors, but I made the choice. Regan will have to make a choice and live with that choice – the only thing you can do is to keep being there for her.”

The two remained silent until they were back inside the prison, turning the rest of their conversation to more pleasant topics. As for Selena, however, Deanna's words sat with her, battling her own doubts and fears regarding her sister. Just be there for her...

It seemed so impossible. How could she just stand by while her sister made such a mistake? While her best friend, apart from her wife, walked out of her life again? She wasn't sure how she could do that – wasn't sure she could find the strength to stand there and let it happen.

But one thing she did know... was that she would have to find that strength soon.

The Royal Letter

Dear True Believers and the SCW Universe,

A lot has happened since I've written a Royal Letter, hasn't it? 

I guess the most glaring is that I was unable to keep my promise to my sister, Regan. Frozen Hell, though we gave a hell of a performance, did not win the tag-team titles at Retribution. I've had weeks of dealing with that disappointment, dealing with the initial negative emotions and frustrations that came with losing such a high-stakes match, so that now I know that this isn't the time to be dwelling in negativity. This is not the time to be lost in gloom and 'what could have beens'. If I learned something from last week's Breakdown, it's that in order to keep doing what we do through these stressful times, to keep performing for all of you as you, the SCW Universe, deserve to see, we need to stand together and represent SCW the way it deserves to be represented. Through amazing matches and supreme wrestling. 

That's why Frozen Hell hasn't given up. That's why Regan will show The Butt-Connection that we are far from done when she takes one of the titles from Tommy Valentine and becomes Television Champion! Not only will she give him a much needed dose of humility, but it will be the needed dose of reality he and Kandis need. They like to think that they are untouchable and that we are done with the tag-team titles simply because we lost a match. Simply because we were knocked down.

I'll make this clear. We are not Infamous. We are not The Beauty Network or whatever Sienna's group are calling themselves now. We don't whine and cry and make excuses when we come up short. We don't take weeks off work or leave in the middle of a show because things aren't going our way. We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, we learn and we try again! And rest assured, Tommy and Kandis, we will be trying again. You can believe it now...or when Regan becomes Television champion and then goes on to drop the massive monkey on her back that is Xander Valentine!

But that leaves me... on my own. And to be fair, That's something I'm more use to. Since December, I've been a tag-team partner, and I intend to continue to be. But for the next few weeks, at least, I'm back to being the Snow Queen, the singles competitor – The Face of SCW – and the thorn in the side of Sienna's little troop. 

Really cute and clever what you all did, guys. You, Xiomara, Chris and, of course, Bree. Really cute ploy of pretending to leave the arena so you could attack James Evans from behind. And all that nonsense with Asher Hayes. And yet, you think that I'm getting involved with your business again for the attention? Please, if I wanted attention, I'd have marched up to James and told him that I wanted a crack at that title he's holding. Or maybe I'd go to you, Bree, and finally get my rematch for the United States championship.

No. I got involved because, once again, like the pack of cowards that you are, you couldn't just face people in the ring, one on one, like professionals – like we're supposed to be. You had to hide and plan and attack with belts and chairs. You had to do what you did at Retribution – and I let that slide because of the rules of the Trios contract, but now? I just have had enough of that crap! That's why you're really pissed. Because I levelled the playing field. Because if you, Sienna, couldn't win the world title with all the odds stacked in your favour, I can't imagine how bad things will go for you and your little group when the odds are even.

That's what Cold-Blooded is going to be about. Bringing wrestling BACK to the even playing ground. Where skill and heart and belief will be the tools, not a stolen Trios, a paid-bodyguard, and an ambush to boot.

I will be ready for that night, and I will address that later this week. But first, I am set to face a familiar foe in Maddy Steward. 

Maddy. Been awhile since we crossed paths. January right? Fresh start of the new year? The newly formed Frozen Hell beating Team Desire 2.0, but I'll get to that. It won't surprise you that I don't really care for your family, especially Katie. The whining, the crying, the cheap ploys over and over and over again. I mean, I know I've beaten every member of your family cleanly, but, quite frankly, the fact that most of my matches with Katie have ended with a tainted victory due to her shenanigans? 

What am I saying? You know all this. Your little feud with the Helms – whether they were masked and giving away coffee or not – is proof of that. I'm not going into this match blind, Maddy. This is the 'go-home' show of sorts heading for Cold-Blooded. This will set the stage for momentum and gods know what else. 

And here's the thing: while I am headed into a match of my own, my sister, Regan, is literally headed for the fight of her life. She is headed for a war with Xander Valentine. And from someone that has fought her in a street-fight before? Let's just say I am not worried about her. 

But at the same time, I don't want Regan to be worrying about me. I don't want her to even be thinking of me during that fight and the days leading up to it. I want her to focus so I know she's ready and so I can focus. In short, I don't want to worry about her because she's worried about me. Sisters, right? I'm sure you can relate.

So, what does that mean? Well, Maddy, it means that I need to be as prepared for Cold-Blooded as much as humanly possible. And that means I need to make the loudest statement, show the greatest proof. Much like when Regan and I face you and Gio as Team Desire 2.0, needing to make a statement that we could be a competent, great tag-team, our match will be a statement tonight! 

Because I know Sienna, Bree and whomever else they've got in their pocket, are going to be coming for James, me, Ace, and Jake, probably with some chairs. Probably with some plan.

But if Retribution taught us anything, it's that even the best laid plans can go awry. And that is what I intend to do at Breakdown. Make plans go awry. Because, regardless of what they have planned, I will still face you, and I will still beat you. Regardless of how much they intend to 'knock me down' or 'bring in their forces', I will still be going to Cold-Blooded with the intent to stand tall, reminding the SCW Universe that “We Are SCW!”. 

And I will make your plans go awry as well, Dynamite-Kid. I can respect your desire to bring your mother to Supreme Champion glory. I get it, Maddy. I truly do. I can respect it in some respects. It makes you driven, dangerous, passionate, so many things! But you think that just because Regan and I came up short that I am 'defeated'? In 'self-doubt'? That my passion is less than yours? 

Are you kidding, Maddy? If anything, I am more driven than ever! Because once Regan wins the Television title tonight, she'll will be one title shy of it all! She will be closer than ever! And more than that, she and I have something to prove against the Butt-Connection. And the difference between Katie and Regan? Regan isn't hiding in some makeshift ice-palace mocking me. She's not in some studio making puns and snow-jokes. She's here, with me, in the trenches, fine-tuning her edge. Sharpening her claws.

And I am doing the same. I am ready with my most dangerous weapons, Maddy. Weapons that are far more dangerous than “ice-creature” and “ice-lances”. Because you're right. People are doubting my will. My passion. They are doubting my intents. They are doubting me. Not the fans, not the True-Believers, but those that think that “Selena's weakened – let's wreck havoc” or gods know what else. Like in January, however, I will be erasing those assumed notions, reminding those with that mindset what happens when you think you have me in a corner or have me all figured out.

Two words: I defy.

Your mother may have looked in the mirror like the evil queen, but she never saw the shards of glass that make up that mirror. And by the time we are done, Madison, you will be able to rectify that mistake and tell her all about them. Of that, young one, you can most definitely believe!

Sincerely,
Selena Michelle Frost