Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Regan Street vs. Tommy Valentine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

1 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, April 14, 2020
OOC: I wanted to put up something good for this but truth be told I've been feeling so worn down and can't seem to keep myself together mentally these past few weeks that this rp wasn't happening. I tried my best to complete it but didn't work out. So it didn't go to waste completely, I'm gonna just post what development I have and that took me hours to get anywhere near finishing and leave it at that. My apologies.

21st Of March

So let’s just say that my big preview for the club didn’t go as great as I wanted. It started off well enough, things were all set up, we had managed to sort any and all snags that cropped up; so what could go wrong huh? Well how about my girlfriend pretty much throwing herself at my student right there in the open? I kid you not, I walked in the room as Kandis might as well have been telling him to drop his trousers and let her show him what gullible old Tommy is getting behind closed doors! So I went from being on Cloud Nine to feeling like I’d been set on fire and put out with a shovel before being pissed on then dumped out in the garden, ran over with a lawnmower and left to dry. What’s worse, is that David had swooped in like the Hero that people still considered him to be even after all these years and half led, half dragged me outside the club.

As we went out of the exit, the guy I had on security, Annijah Snow looked at us curiously and I almost told him to get David off me… Something I know that Jah would have done for me given that I’d given him the opportunity to work at the Academy as Dave just said he supported whatever move I made with regards to hiring. Instead I just warded him off as I was then pulled round the corner of the Starmaker out of sight of any late arrivals and then let go as I straightened out my shirt and shook my head."Want to tell me what the Hell that was Tommy?" David exclaimed, caught somewhere between shock and anger.

I lean against the building and shake my head. "Not really" I murmured as I looked down at the floor, waiting on the inevitable lecture from everyone’s golden boy.

"Tommy…" David said quietly, with a slight shake of his own head.

Did he expect something a little more heartfelt? "Why do you care?" I sneered as I tapped my foot impatiently.

Since my head was turned away from him, David moved so that he was in my line of sight and then moved to match my own efforts to avoid him being able to look at me straight on. "I'm not sure whether you've had a few too many drinks or you're just being awkward for the sake of it dude" David said as I finally gave up trying to avoid eye contact and just chose to look down at the floor once more as I could feel his eyes boring into me.

Without hesitation I frowned. "Or perhaps there's a third option, that I'm being 'awkward' because I genuinely think you don't give a damn about anything to do with me" I said truthfully because he’d not exactly done anything to make me believe otherwise with his insistence on playing Switzerland.

He took a deep breath and let it out into the late evening air as he just looked at me. "I've done my best to be patient with you dude, I really have… But I think it's time you got over the fact that I'm not going to do what you want, whenever you want"David stated, annoyance clear in his voice and any other time I’d have felt bad to get such a laid-back guy to this point but fuck it, the guy wanted to sweep my issues under the carpet for the sake of a happy home-life He reaps what he sows.

"That's easy for you to say, I wonder how you'd react if the boot was on the other foot?" I retorted with a shake of my head, knowing he might see things a little differently if he was in the same situation as I’d been in, not only having to listen to his wife verbally ridicule us in spite of my being so called family, but then to see her go to town on Twitter towards Kandis completely unprovoked like the internet trolls that talk trash from behind their keyboards.

To my surprise, Dave’s response was instant and it infuriated me even more hearing it. "I'd let Regan deal with her own problems" he answered as I grit my teeth and did my best to not flip out for the second time that night, I’d just have to keep reminding myself that he was only doing what he thought was right, even if I disagreed entirely.

Instead I just kept shaking my head slowly. "Wow… wow… So what, I'm just supposed to forget about what happened?" I asked him, impressed at the restraint I was showing at the thing that had started to drive a wedge between us that could definitely rival when I found out he was banging Zoe Sperling on the sly.

Once again he sighed. "No, you're 'supposed' to understand that I hate having to be in the middle of all this!" David almost shouted, the frustration in his voice as I finally looked up and narrowed my eyes as his stare finally found it’s intended mark.

"All you had to do was-" I started to say before David shook his head instantly.

"I did what I should have done Tommy" he replied, cutting me off before I’d even got my words out, which didn’t help my mood in the slightest.

Looking at him with only the mildest expression of surprise on my face, I let out a low and completely humourless chuckle. "Yeah… Of course you did" I murmured as I shook my head with disbelief at how quickly and easily his answer had come.

David ran both hands down his cheeks as he looked at me. "Look… We can go back and forth on this, but the bottom line is that this is your big night and I came… WE came to support you" he exclaimed as I instantly scoffed at the thought. David yes, but with her sudden insistence on wanting everything and not having to earn it like the rest of us mere mortals had had to, I highly doubted she’d be eager to attend the opening of a club that I had anything to do with, let alone that was named in honour of the woman she had called out for no reason on Twitter other than for the peanut gallery to see how cool she was.

Smirking, I looked him dead in the eye and cocked my head to the side. "I'm sure Regan gladly came with you" I drawled, sarcasm dripping from every syllable.

Once again, Dave sighed. "She came with me, that's all that matters dude" he said with the irritation clear in his tone now which I was glad about.

"Debatable"Is all I said as I saw him stiffen with indignation as I was hoping.

He said nothing for what felt like a long while but could have been seconds or even minutes. As I said, we could go round in circles all night with this, but I need to know what that was about in there and I'm not going to let you walk away until you tell me" David said as he folded his arms.

Smirking, I mirrored his action and folded my arms, leaning against the wall. "Then it's gonna be a long night" I stated as we looked at each other like that for a few seconds.

"I've not seen you acting like that for a long time Tommy and to be honest, it worried me a lot" David finally said as he realised that I wasn’t going to tell him what he wanted to know.

"Shall I get the violin out?" I asked, the smirk still on my face as I rubbed my thumb and forefinger together pointedly.

The exasperation was becoming crystal clear with the look on his face and his body language in general. "How about you forget about the violin, all the smart-ass comments and everything else in between huh?" Dave snapped at me as he shook his head.

"Not sure I can do that"I said, the smirk no longer on my face as I was being as close to serious as I could be without losing my cool.

"Try"David insisted as he looked at me. I returned the gesture as we stood in silence before he put a hand on my shoulder.

Sighing, I realised he wasn’t going to drop the issue and I took a deep breath. "It was a disagreement" I finally replied, not wanting to tell him what had actually happened, in case he tried to rationalise what I’d heard and once again not see things from my point of view.

The look on David’s face told me all I needed to know though… As much as I was hoping he’d believe my response to his line of questioning, it was too good to be true that he’d accept it as an explanation to any of it. "Really? It looked like a lot more than that to me" he said, causing me to run a hand through my hair as I only could manage looking at him, focusing on not giving away my own irritation.

"Looks can be deceiving" is all I said as David once again shook his head.

This time he put both hands on my shoulders. "They can, but when I walk into a room and see your girlfriend white as a sheet and you looking like you were ready to beat the shit out of him… I'd say it was a little more than a 'disagreement’” David said seriously.

I shrugged nonchalantly. "You can think what you like, doesn't mean you're right" I said levelly, secretly wishing he hadn’t seen as much as he apparently had as I was now discovering.

"Did Ashley do something wrong?" David asked me point blank, and the surprise at him almost hitting the mark exactly without any previous guesses to build on caused me to just look at him with a dumb look on my face. "I'm going to take the silence as a yes. Was he meant to be taking it easy with the alcohol and got carried away?" he added, his straying further from the root of my issues making it a little easier to formulate a response.

"It doesn't matter" I said, turning away from him for the first time, just wanting to get away from what felt like an interrogation.

David grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall firmly. "I wouldn't be standing here if that was the case dude"he replied solemnly as I snorted with disdain.

"You don't need to be standing here at all" I said, looking him up and down as our last argument started to rise up in my head, and any form of desire to open up to him instantly dissolved in seconds.

He threw his hands up in the air between us. "I know I don't, yet here I am! Call me conscientious if that helps" David said before shrugging.

"I can call you a lot of things at this moment" is all I said in way of response as to my surprise, David actually smiled.

"Yeah, well let's stick to the topic at hand shall we?" he said, raising his eyebrows questioningly. He was like a dog with a fucking bone as always! When he looked at me again and spoke, it was in a much softer tone than before. “What caused you to flip out in there Tommy?” he asked me softly.

Just as I felt the pressure get the better of me, and the desire to tell him the truth became stronger, I caught myself and shook my head. “Look, I don’t need a little pep talk from you right now. Okay?” I said as I decided I’d had enough of all of this, and walked away… Or at least attempted to as his hand was on my arm and pulling me back before I could register what was going on.

I’m just looking out for you” David said, holding me in place as I sighed and finally just stopped trying to pull away from him.

I thought long and hard about what he had said. It was strange hearing him say that after everything that had happened, but I knew that once upon a time I’d have trusted no one more to have my back and to be fighting my corner, but shit… Whether it was his time in retirement or the fact that our friendship had gone from strength to strength even after he had made his triumphant return to SCW as himself and not as the bumbling coffee lover…My trust in him had become tenuous at best as far as him having my back unconditionally. There was an all too obvious asterisk next to it. “I don’t need that. Not any more” I said quietly as I pulled away from him, though I didn’t try to leave again.

He stared at me for a few moments before once again shrugging “This is like dealing with a toddler!” David finally exclaimed as I scoffed at his outburst.

Rolling my eyes theatrically, I then just look at him “Oh you’re really encouraging me to share, Dave…” I said sarcastically before shaking my head.

You know what? I give up, go wallow in your misery or whatever the fuck this is, but don’t say I didn’t try” David retorted before turning and walking back the way he had dragged me. For whatever reason, I had a change of heart. Though this would have to be slightly tweaked to make sure that David couldn’t even begin to think I was wrong in what I was thinking before I went crazy back there.

Just as Dave had reached the corner of the building that would take him out of my sight line, I took a deep breath. “I overheard them talking” I yelled as he stopped and turned around, a definite hint of curiosity on his face.

He walked back over and stopped in front of me, folding his arms tightly across his chest. “About?” he asked, though it was almost like a demand for the information he wanted, as opposed to a request.

Not knowing what I was going to say that would be believable enough other than the snippet of conversation I’d heard, I opened my mouth and as if by magic, the right words came tumbling out… Words that would justify my reaction and also protect Kandis from further scrutiny, this time from David and probably ultimately from his wife when he inevitably talked to her about it. “Ashley was making a move on Kandis” I said quietly.

His eyes bugged out at my words. “Are you serious?” he exclaimed as I tried to figure out in that moment if I’d said enough to convince him.

As a fucking heart attack” I murmured as David drew level with me.

He stared at me intently and then put a hand on my shoulder again “And it wasn’t a misunderstanding?” he asked me carefully, probably aware that it could be interpreted as him not believing what I was telling him.

I shook my head. “Apart from when you had the intervention, have you ever seen me that angry?” I asked him, impressed at the stroke of last minute inspiration I had with that one.

David looked thoughtful before shaking his head. “No… I don’t think I have” he murmured as he looked directly at me, the concern clear on his face. “Shit… So what do we do?” he finally asked as I frowned from surprise. I didn’t understand where he had gotten that idea from…

We?” I asked slowly as he nodded, in a way that made it look like I was insane for even implying that he wouldn’t be involved in this.

He looked me in the eyes and smiled. “Do you think I want you dealing with a kid that was hitting on your girlfriend so blatantly, all on your own?” Dave asked me, and it was then that I wondered if I hadn’t made a mistake in throwing Ash under the bus completely.

I’ve got this” I said, shaking my head all the while.

Dave let out a slight chuckle as he shook his head. “I don’t want his murder on my conscience… How about you just stay out of his way for the night and I talk to the kid.” he suggested as I thought that in this mess of my own making, that would probably be the worst idea.

Keeping up the pretence though, I shook my head and grit my teeth. “He doesn’t deserve the soft approach” It was funny that my words were honest, but the context I’d fed Dave wasn’t. If Kandis wasn’t able to give me an explanation that satisfied me about what I’d overheard, perhaps Ashley would pay the price… But for now I needed to stop David from talking to the kid and making it worse.

But that’s what he’s going to get, remember that you’re especially vulnerable in any sort of incident given your ‘celebrity’ status lets say” David asked, and I winced at the fact he didn’t even have a clue about the big mouthed kid I’d headbutted to bring in the new year… The kid that I was fortunate enough to say hadn’t breathed a word to the authority's about our run in… Probably because he’d have to incriminate himself too… But back to the matter at hand…

Shrugging, I smirked. “He wouldn’t stand a chance of surviving a battle with me in any sense of the word” I announced to David as he smiled but then shook his head slowly.

Wrapping his arm around my shoulder like the last few months hadn’t happened, Dave turned his head to look at me and that serious look was back. That’s what I said when me and Kath went through the courts for custody of Jason, and she put up a good fucking fight!” he exclaimed as I remembered how he was around that time and felt a pang of regret for how things had gone downhill from those days… Seeing my thoughtful expression, David smiled at me. Just don’t beat the kid up or anything, yeah? Maybe we expel him from the Academy for inappropriate behaviour?” he suggested as a part of me thought it would be the safest avenue to go down, but then the paternal part of me instantly fought back… The kid had literally used every asset he had to get here from the UK, he wouldn’t have anything if we kicked him out and I wasn’t sure how I felt about it, regardless of how much he’d pissed me off.

I’d rather just cave his skull in” I stated simply, forcing a smirk.

David shook his head, though the smile did return. “How about you go back in there, king of your own castle and enjoy the whole night being about you. Forget about everything else for another few hours or so?” He said, putting the proposition to me in a casual way but there was just something about how he worded the phrase that made me wonder… And obviously he must have been on the same wavelength as me as I wondered if he meant about a certain ‘Wildcat’ as well as all this crap with Ashley and Kandis.“And yes I do mean about everything else” he added pointedly.

Easier said than done” I muttered more to myself than to the man in front of me.

David obviously took it as being aimed at him though if the cheesy grin on his face was anything to go by. “And here I was thinking you liked a challenge” he said with a touch of slyness forming in his grin.

I do” is all I said, not rising to the bait he was obviously placing down for me.

David shrugged before that annoying sly grin returned. “Then what’s stopping you from taking this one head on?” he asked, the grin dropping from his face as he just stared at me; more than likely hoping that we could just bury the hatchet there and then.

You can be an obnoxious asshole sometimes…” I murmured as David let out a sigh of relief and patted my shoulder.

Truce for one night?” Dave asked as I figured it might make the night a bit more bearable on all sides as I simply wanted to make sure the night was unforgettable but for all the right reasons, and so far I was failing on that score miserably, wondering if I was going to regret it I slowly nod to him. “Great, now I hear your club’s manager acquired some pretty good rum that I think we could liberate from the bar if you’re up for it?” he said with a knowing smile and wink before putting his arm around my shoulder and leading me back to the entrance to the club.

As we got near to the doors I turned to look at him. “One night” I stated to him so there was no misunderstanding.

One night” David agreed as we reached the entrance and made our way back in, I flashed Annijah a thumbs up as he looked at us curiously before wondering if I had made a mistake in thinking I could forget about all the shit that had happened and that could STILL happen before the night was over.
OOC: I Poured My Heart Out Into This Rp. I changed my storyline completely and went with a Mini Arc, and the big Arc will start closer to THoTF. Always a Pleasure Ash.

The Views Expressed by “The Hellcat” Regan Street Are That of Her Own and Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

[Image: regan2020rp.png]

(Click Title)