Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: SPIRIT LEAGUE: Christian Cannon versus Julia Boleyn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DEADLINE ONE - 3250 ROLEPLAY 24TH APRIL 2020 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - SHOOT / SEGMENT 26TH APRIL 2020 2359 EST
It was all a blur really; I could barely remember what happened in that moment other than the count from the official in the match after I hit the C2.

1…

2…

3!!!

The reaction was a mixture of cheers and boos in Sheffield the moment they realized YUYO had lost to me. I sat there on the canvas for a moment and smiled to myself because I knew in this arena, I’d likely be the only one happy about this result. Things had now blown right open in the Spirit League; I was one more win away from heading to Paris for Invasion and challenging for the Spirit Championship. I did not think this was something I would want, but the longer I sat there and watched YUYO get that championship handed back to her, the more I wanted to take it off her…

After exiting the ring, I felt some fans giving me a warm response to the victory, so all was not lost here in Sheffield and as soon as I walked through the curtain to the backstage area, I am greeted by Shaun Cruze clapping.

Shaun: “Congratulations mate, you earned that win.”

Walking down the steps I nodded to him and shook his extended hand. I still wasn’t thrilled he and the others where now running this place, but I could well afford to piss off the new management, besides he was my friend’s uncle…

Christian: “Thank you, after what happened in South Africa, I had a fire lit under me.”

Shaun: “Well that’s good, you’ll need that same fire in a few weeks if you want to book a place in Paris.”

Christian: “I know. If you excuse me, I have to go.”

Shaun: “Of course, congratulations again mate…”

I forced a smile and headed off to the locker room area, I could feel eyes watching me as I headed back there. YUYO was a popular figure backstage, a shoe in to challenge for the Emerge Championship in the future no doubt. I robbed her of continuing a streak, but I am glad it was me… Once I was back in my locker room, I go over to my bag and remove the towel and throw it over my shoulder but before I head to the shower, I do check my phone.

Christian: “Someone’s been busy huh?”

Chuckling to myself I unlock my cell and begin to sift through all the notifications, I was Inundated with messages from my father congratulating me on the win, it did mean a lot knowing he was watching. He seemed so content with continuing the war over in Supreme Championship Wrestling along with Sienna these days. I received texts from Owen and Hugo and Delilah as well. Minerva tried to call a couple times as did Kelcey and my uncle Scott for some reason.

I went on to have my shower and freshen up as I had plans to head back to the hotel and relax, it would be a fortnight now until my next match. Which give me plenty of time to get ready for what was going to happen next. I would text with Minerva a little bit while lying in my hotel bed, the conversation getting more n more risqué you could say. It felt good talking to someone again, being involved intimately with someone I did miss it. Cannot say I thought I would do after Jennifer but here I was chatting with a woman who was every bit better than Jennifer ever could hope to be.

You can use the imagination god give you to get an idea of what happened next, but with the wear n tear of my match, late nights etc my body decided to give out a little and with that said I crashed and fell a sleep on a much perkier note. It was still dark outside here in the U.K when I heard my cell phone ringing. I groaned looking over to it on the side and checked to see who it was, it was Kelcey once again…

I flipped on the light switch to the room and hit answer, what did she want at this time of the night…

Christian: “Hello?”

Kelcey: “Christian, didn’t wake you, did I?”

I groaned again, she got the hint and was quick to apologize although her tone seemed a little rattled…

Christian: “Nah, everything okay? I see you and Uncle Scott tried calling me earlier.”

Kelcey: “I would like to say yes, but I don’t know to be honest with you. I spoke with your father recently and…”

I lowered the phone onto the bedsheets and rested against the headboard. Why did those two have to be at odds… It was starting to annoy me now…

Christian: “What happened now, has he done something?”

It seemed like an obvious question.

Kelcey: “No he hasn’t but he made some requests which were very much more veiled threats. He doesn’t wish for me to pursue custody of the baby and…”

Christian: “Do you blame him?”

Kelcey: “Excuse me?”

Christian: “I said do you blame him? I’m sure he has a valid reason why he would do that, but I have to believe he wouldn’t do anything to hurt you or the baby if that’s what you’re worried about.”

Kelcey: “I’m not worried about that, it’s just I’m seeing so many changes in your father lately, it is worrying.”

I sighed, sometimes I felt like she was trying to emotionally black mail me into talking to him about things when they bothered her. I owed Kelcey a lot, if not for her I would not have had the chance to live with them and call them family. But what did she think I could do now?

Christian: “Wish I could say something to help ease your mind, but he hasn’t let on to me what he plans to do. We have not really spoken outside the odd text message here or there really. I have not had the time to really. I got my own issues to deal with these days.”

Kelcey: “I know you do, is there anything I can do to help you at all?”

Christian: “No it’s fine, I’m a big boy now.”

That brought a laugh from Kelcey which made me smile.

Kelcey: “Did you see Delilah and Hugo won their two matches over the weekend?”

Christian: “I did, I’m really happy for them although the end of night two probably could have ended better for em both.”

Kelcey: “Yes, I was annoyed but Delilah assures me they were okay, that Hugo was knocked through a loop, but should be fine.”

Christian: “Yeah, he’s a good guy. Incredibly talented in the ring, I’ve seen him do stuff that defied gravity can see them winning that whole thing I think...”

Kelcey: “That would be great, what would be greater is you actually holding some Gold though.”

Christian: “Well I’m working on it.”

Kelcey: “I know you are, I also heard what you had to say and just want to know if you’re okay. I know your career hasn’t been the greatest of starts.”

Christian: “It hasn’t, but I’m okay. I’m dealing with it as best I can you know. Rome wasn’t built in a day as they say.”

Kelcey: “No, not it wasn’t… Well you know how to get hold of me if you want to talk about anything.”

Christian: “You got enough on you plate, you don’t’ need me adding to it. Focus on those who you can help, Kelcey like Peyton, Owen and whoever else is in SCW. Focus on yourself okay?”

She sighed now; I know she wanted to help me I could tell but what good would it do? It would probably anger my father more and if he has been saying shit to her, the last thing I wanna do is instigate more of it.

Kelcey: “Well the offer is there.”

Christian: “Well it’s appreciated. Now as much as I heart you, I need my beauty sleep.”

That got a laugh out of her and on that note, we said our goodbyes and I ended the call, it was nice hearing her voice. But the unfortunate side affect of having a conversation like that after being woken up only meant one thing, I could not get back to sleep... My brain now running at a mile a minute as I tossed n turned in bed…

Christian: “This fucking sucks…”

Sitting up again I grabbed my cell and searched through the numbers and hit call and waited for them to pick up on the other end.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you missed me.”

I had called Minerva, there was no one else I’d rather talk to about this to be honest as I laid back against the headboard.

Christian: “I know we texted earlier, and I know you’re busy with your pops n all but I wanted to talk to you, guess I needed to hear your voice if nothing else.”

Minerva: “What’s the matter?”

She could probably hear my tone was not the most jovial.

Christian: “Got a call from Kelcey, telling my she got visited by my old man and apparently made threats or something.”

Minerva: “Well that isn’t your problem, it’s theres.”

Christian: “Still feels like I should do something about it.”

Minerva: “There isn’t anything you can do though; you’ve told me that already.”

Christian: “That isn’t helping, you’re a world champion. You don’t have some sage advice for this plucky young and hot up n comer?”

Minerva: “Oh Shut up. If I were there, I wouldn’t be giving advice and you know that.”

Christian: “Yeah I know, wish you were here.”

Minerva: “Yeah, had to get back and see my pops. Things haven’t been great at the compound lately so I’m finding out.”

Christian: “Is everything okay?”

Minerva: “Isn’t anything you can do; people need to learn their lessons that’s all.”

Christian: “Isn’t that the truth, if I could help I would you know, that right? Fuck that, what can I do to help?”

Minerva: “That’s cute.”

She laughed; I don’t think she believed I meant what I said but I did.

Christian: “I mean it, I wanna help?”

Minerva: “Well you’d have to come here if you want to help. But you don’t have to.”

Christian: “Tell me where and I’ll make my way.”

Minerva: “You’re being serious?”

Christian: “Of course I am, you’ve helped me I want to help you it’s only fair.”

Minerva: “Well in that case…”

She told me all I needed to know about how to get where she was, it didn’t sound like it was going to be easy as her family compound was always something people only talked about in hushed voices. I had seen what her father was like in SCW during his brief stay there. But after we finished the call, I went about looking at the earliest flights available, and managed to get  one booked in the morning which wasn’t cheap and was going to be a long haul flight but I mean what I said to her, I wanted to help and now with two weeks to kill I couldn’t think of a better place to be.

So many, MANY hours later I had finally landed in the United States, and the good old state of Texas… From there it wasn’t as hopping in an uber and telling em where to take me, of course not but eventually I found the small-town Minerva told me about and the bar named Heaven and Hell. There were a lot of bikes parked outside, and when I walked inside you could tell I was immediately out of place.

It was the typical small town you usually see on T.V Shows or in movies. As I approached the bar and put my bag down, a young woman approaches with tattoo sleeves and a tank top. He hair in a bun and towel in hand.

“Howdy sugar, my name is Shirley I’ll be serving today. First up, I haven’t seen you round these parts before.”

Christian: “I’m just passing through.”

Soon as she heard my accent, she gawked a little…

Shirley: “Oh wow, where ARE you from sugar?”

Christian: “London, England… So not from round these parts love.”

Shirley: “Ha! Love… That’s so adorable, what’ll it be?”

She smiled awaiting my order…

Christian: “I’ll have just a water please.”

Shirley: “Sure thing, looking at you I see you’re the body is my temple type. Am I right?”

Christian: “Something like that. I’m supposed to be meeting someone here, do you know if they’ve been in yet?”

Shirley: “You’re meeting someone here? Lil ways for you to do that no, what’s their name I’ll see if I know em.”

“He’s here to meet me Shirley.”

There was another strong Texan accent, but as they spoke Shirley looked surprised and just smiled in the direction of the woman who spoke behind me.

Shirley: “Oh, he’s here to see you Viveca? I had no idea.”

Viveca: “Why would ya’ll, this here is a friend of my sister Minnie. So, ya’ll be nice to him yeah?”

I turned around and see the sister of Minerva stood there with a smirk on her face, I had only seen in photographs, the smirk shifted to a smile as I stood up and greets me with a hug.

Viveca: “Oh my, you’re bigger than I thought, and our Minnie was right ya’ll do smell good.”

Christian: “Thanks, I uh… Think? Is Minerva here?”

Viveca: “Nah she’s back at the compound, you wanna finish ya drink or make a move? I understand you’ve been on a hell of a long flight.”

Christian: “No rest for the wicked as they say.”

Viveca: “That’ll be true. C’mon then lets go.”

Shirley called me over and handed me a bottle of water and welcomed me, I began to get the impression that she and everyone else here knew and respected Minerva’s family. Once outside the bar, I see a battered-up truck where Viveca threw my luggage in at the back.

Viveca: “C’mon, let’s reunite you with my sister.”

The drive was off the beaten path, I couldn’t even tell you were she was taking me and if I didn’t know her as the sister of Minerva, you could bet that I was probably going to think I wasn’t making it out of this alive. Eventually we arrived at a set of large gates made out of various pieces of sheet metal that had been welded together.

Viveca: “Home sweet home… So tell me what did Minnie say about this place?”

Christian: “Not much to be honest, it was home and she was helping you all with a problem.”

Viveca: “I see, we’ll we do have an infestation problem right now. Lotta rats, figuratively speaking that is… The folks here are pretty good, but some have started to try and trouble.”

Christian: “I see… So what, you’re evicting them?”

Viveca: “Something like that… It ain’t easy though, a lot of folks here are like family. Known em since we were younglings you know? Disappointing, but money is the route to all evil.”

Christian: “I suppose it is.”

Viveca: “Anyhow, that’s enough chit-chat lets get in here and say hi.”

She beeped the horn twice and the gates parted like they were the red sea only made of solid steel. I could see two men stood either side of the gates pulling them apart. She thanks them both, while they gave the evil eye as we drove through, but I was told not to worry. Strangers always got these kinds of looks. We pulled up to the center of the compound where the remnants of a large bonfire sat in the middle with logs cut in half surrounding it. Children sat and looked like they were taking lessons from a woman. She waved to Viveca who waves back, her focus returning to the children. Viveca stepped out the car first as one of her brothers approached, believe it was Eli. He didn’t look so bad, but I had seen how he carried himself in Emerge along with his brother Sawyer who I couldn’t see around.

He glanced over at me and said something to his sister and walked off shaking his head, guess he wasn’t a fan. I stepped out of the truck though and looked up at the sky, it was blue and clear with the sun shining brightly. Many of the people here looked at me like I was an alien and I guess in some cases that were true, cannot imagine they got many visitors here at the best of times.

Viveca waved me over to her motioning for me not to grab my stuff, it would be fine. Didn’t feel like that but I guess I had to show trust otherwise what the point was…

Viveca: “Eli tells me Minerva is up by the lake, I’ll take you up there now.”

Christian: “The lake?”

Viveca just smiled and motioned for me to follow and with that we headed up to what I would learn is the lake and in doing so learned a little more about the actual land we were walking on. It was fascinating stuff to be honest with you, but I didn’t have time for questions and answers when we approached what was in fact an actual lake. It looked lovely, but my eyes were elsewhere when I see Minerva floating on a surfboard on the water’s surface. She was sunbathing it looked like and even from here looked a million dollars…

Viveca: “HEY MINNIE!! LOOK WHO’S HERE!”

Viv shouted it out and Minerva lowered her sunglasses and rolled off the board and went under the water before breaking the surface and swimming towards us. She wasn’t that far out but it was enough time for us to walk to the waters edge where she begun to slowly walk out with that swagger of hers. Viveca offered her a towel but she ignored her sister and walked right up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me.

Viveca: “Oh… Well I guess I don’t need to be hanging around like a third wheel… Carry on ya’ll.”

She pulled awy and looked over to her sister and smirked.

Minerva: “Shut up, I haven’t seen this stud for a few days.”

Viveca: “Oh you poor bitch, at least you’re getting some. Tell me, you got any secret brothers we don’t know about? I hear good things about you Cannons.”

I laughed and held up my hands shakng my head.

Christian: “Nah I’m an only child, you’re thinking about my father and his family.”

Viveca: “That’s a shame, anything you two don’t take too long. Eli said pa wants to chat with your boy toy here once he’s settled in.”

Minerva: “Why? He just got here.”

I stood there with a little concern on my face, their father wanted to talk to me.

Christian: “Oh okay… Why does he wanna talk to me?”

Viveca: “Don’t worry, it won’t be anything bad. He probably just wants to see who this guy our Minnie is obviously loved up over.”

Minerva: “Shut up, you’re the one who is all loved up n shit…”

We all laughed, but I couldn’t help but wonder just what he wanted to talk to me about about… I guess I’ll find out…