Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: DUOS Championship Match.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Darko / Swann versus Masters / Devna

DEADLINE ONE - 3250 ROLEPLAY 24TH APRIL 2020 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - SHOOT / SEGMENT 26TH APRIL 2020 2359 EST
Devious Danny Darko Goes “Old-School”

Danny Darko has definitely been a far different person since returning from a rather lengthy retirement. No longer will anybody seem to call him “Domesticated” Danny Darko anymore. Nope, those days are behind him. He has one hell of a devilish smirk on his face as the camera flickers to life. Accompanying him for this promo is his new tag team partner...Sweet Lady Sledge. Otherwise known as the very sledgehammer that he has used to systematically assault various members of The Unforgiven.

I’ve got a lot to say about a lot of things, so listen up motherfuckers! A whole hell of a lot happened at the latest episode of Emerge. Some of it really, really good and some of it, not so great. I should get my loss to Melissa Kilgraves out of the way. Congrats on earning the W. However, you did not get the job done and here I stand. You failed at doing all that you said you would do. And at this point, it really doesn’t mean much to lose to someone like you. 

Danny shrugs and clears his throat. With a satisfied sort of smile now, he continues.

And now onto the interesting stuff. So yeah, at Emerge 37, it was finally revealed to the world by a cameraman who realized he should probably try and find Samael, that I was the one behind the attacks on The Unforgiven in recent months. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to just come out and spell it out for everybody. So good job there, cameraman. Now the world knows who Sweet Lady Sledge is and you can be damn sure that along with my wife, you’ll be seeing plenty of her. Well, the both of them actually, come to think of it. Because fucking yeah, I’m...no, we are just getting started.

He reaches over to the coffee table in front of him and takes a healthy swig of his Guinness. A moment later he lets out a thunderous belch, followed up by a sick little chuckle.

Anyhow, in case you didn’t catch it in the previous paragraph, the greatest thing that happened at Emerge 37 is that my wife is officially back. That’s right, the Bitch is back and she’s got herself a match with Willow Wilkes. Of course, calling that a match is drastically underselling what that is going to be. If there is anybody who is not scared of Willow Wilkes and Cindy Todd, for that matter, it’s both Vee and I. Especially now that we know Shaun Cruze, Trinity Street, David Helms, Regan Helms and Lucas Knight have our backs. They really need a fancy name, don’t they? Whatever. I will just say that much like myself, Vee isn’t the same damn person she was back when she was assaulted by The Unforgiven. No, that fucking garbage changes a

The sinister grin once again appears on the weathered but ruggedly handsome face of Danny Darko.

Oh, back to the aforementioned Cindy Todd. It would seem that the “almighty” Cindy Todd wants to finally get her own hands dirty? That’s fine. She came down to the ring and stuck her dirty little fingers down Wasley’s throat? First off, eewwww, but secondly, it’s about time. I’m sorry, Wasley, that my tag team partner, Sierra Swann, is such a coward that she left you to suffer that unsanitary and paralyzing act. You know that things are starting to get tense around The Unforgiven camp when The Queen Of Chaos starts to get more personally involved. I welcome it. The more chaos the better. I wasn’t scared of the lot of ya when I was essentially by myself, but I’m even less afraid of ya now that Vee is officially back.

He lets out a demented little laugh and takes another couple of swigs of his Guinness.

You surely must understand the danger your group is in, right, Cindy? You have had your hands full up to this point and now that the new and improved, or at least very, very fucking furiously angry Vanilla Skyy has returned, y’all are living on borrowed time. It’s okay if you don’t admit it. I wouldn’t expect you to admit it. That would make this all a lot less satisfying, wouldn’t it, Cindy? Or maybe I should be calling you Cynthia, since you seem so intent on calling me Daniel all the time? All these years we’ve been a part of this crazy business, and never once have we fought each other. Maybe after all of this time, the two of us are destined to rip each other to shreds. Hmm? Wouldn’t that be something for the world to behold? The Queen Of Chaos finally stepping into the ring with The Guru Of Gore?

Darko gets lost in thought, imagining the “fun” he could have with Cindy Todd. It’s been quite some time since he has referred to himself as The Guru Of Gore.

But hey, back to the more correct matter at hand,though. Yeah, I’m having a damn hard time figuring out what the point of teaming with Sierra Swann is? The struggle is real. She is quite possibly one of the most annoying people I’ve met in my entire life. Let’s count the ways, shall we? Let’s see...well, she embarrassed herself in her own home country when she attempted to make a married man jealous by kissing when I was unconscious. How fucked up was that, huh? She has stank ass breath by the way. Never got close enough to her to know that about her. It’s best not to spend too much time in close proximity to someone who wears so much perfume. Eau de fucking nasty! But yeah, she surrounds herself with people who are only there to help convince her that she is flawless. It’s all just one hell of a facade and it’s all just so damn obnoxious. Now, she is still young enough that she has time to turn it around. Unless she can figure out how to reign in...you know what? It’s not worth it. She won’t even respond to my tweets much of the time so I’m not sure there is any reason to try and talk any sense into her. She made an enemy out of my wife, which is one of the worst things one can ever do. If she doesn’t understand how stupid a move that was, then there’s not much left I can tell her. Right?

Darko sighs deeply. It’s clear that he maybe just as disappointed as he is frustrated by all of this.

So back to the point I’m trying to get to here...what is the point of continuing to defend these DUOS Championship Titles if I can’t stand her? Well the fact of the matter is that as much as she grates on me personally, professionally speaking she is an absolutely incredible wrestler. There is no denying her abilities. I have respect for what she is capable of and I have respect for this company. I represent this company as a champion and I don’t take that lightly. That means that I will continue to do everything in my power to defend these titles. I don’t have to be friends with Sierra Swann or even like her to be a successful tag team with her.

Darko licks his lips and smirks. Someone like Sierra Swann is not anybody that any version of Danny Darko could ever have been friends with.

The team we are defending against is just about the exact opposite of Swann and I. Desiree Devna and Madeline Masters, for the second time, are challenging for these DUOS Championship Titles, and I would have to imagine that their chances of victory this time around are greater. I mean, they’ve got The Perfect Mind on their side, right? Whether they deserve another shot at these titles or not is up for debate. In this business, sometimes, it doesn’t matter how you achieve victory, only that you achieve it. Having said that, it’s honestly kinda tempting to just take a sledgehammer right to their skulls and walk out of Emerge 38 as still one half of the DUOS Champions. And while it’s tempting, I will reserve Sweet Lady Sledge for those who truly deserve to have their skulls cracked like an egg. And honestly, out of the three people I’ll be in that ring with, the one who truly deserves that sort of treatment is Sierra Swann.

He shakes his head and takes a drink of something stronger this time, a fifth of Jack Daniels.

I might as well get back to my so-called tag team partner, then. I’ve been biting my tongue a whole hell of a lot since being randomly paired with her. No more! If you continue to disrespect me Sierra, and mention how I’m just going to possibly die at any moment now? I’m going to introduce you to Sweet Lady Sledge. She is just dying to get to know you, Sierra. The only thing you seem concerned with is how unbelievably beautiful you are, but that will certainly not be the case when Sledge and I get done with ya. There is still time of course, for you to cut the crap and just let your abilities shine through. I know it’s in you, Sierra. Focus on the fighting and less on the fucking. Got it? Far too much of my time lately has been spent trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong with you. So please, I’m begging you to figure it out before we lost these titles. Quit trying to figure out how to remain the Face of Emerge and who to fuck to get to the top. Is that too much to ask?

Darko seems genuinely exasperated. It might be giving him frustrating flashbacks to his failed mentorship of Sabrina Bello.

Just prove to the world why Drew Bryant chose you to be The Face of Emerge. Here’s a hint, partner of mine...it wasn’t to get into your panties. It’s because he saw a great deal of talent in ya. As I said earlier, I see it, too. Just pull your head out of your ass, and we can continue to be the best damn tag team in the business as you claimed we were months ago. We can do it, Sierra! At this point nobody thinks we can keep defending these titles, but we can do it. We can pull this off. As much as you disgust me, the promise that I made to you months ago still stands. I’m going to surprise the holy fuck out of you and prove that I am a more than worthy tag team partner. And so long as you and I are tag teaming, my wife very might well delay the pain and torment she has in store for you. Of course, I don’t know ALL of my wife’s plans right now so you might already be out of time. Just some food for thought, Sierra…

That familiar sinister grin reappears on Darko’s face as the camera very, very slowly zooms in on his face and fades to nothingness.
Invasion South Africa

Following the conclusion of the EMERGE RUSH Championship ladder match, Madeline Masters found herself back in the locker-rooms licking her wounds. While the match against her fellow Revolution member, Tommy Wasley, did not go as planned for the woman who had become “The Light”, Madeline ultimately had nothing to be ashamed of. With her drive and skill under the microscope, she was determined to show not only that she DID belong in EMERGE, but that she was a threat to anyone on any given night. Early reports were saying that she did exactly that. 

Still…

As she sat back in the locker-rooms, she rested her head back against the wall. As Madeline closed her eyes, she became aware of a presence inside the locker-room.

Madeline: “Can I help you?”

She opened her eyes and turned her head to the side, observing as Lilee Snow, EMERGE’s head interviewer, approached. There were no cameras following her, no microphone in her hands.

Lilee: “Madeline, that was…”

Madeline: “A loss.”

Still, she smiled, sliding her armbands down from her elbows to her wrists before popping them off. 

Madeline: “That’s okay though, right? This was about more than the RUSH Championship. Hell, you heard the words… my entire career, my livelihood were on the line and while I may not be Champion, I would dare anyone to step to my face and tell me I didn’t earn at LEAST some respite from having my head pressed into the gallows.”

Lilee: ”I just wanted to say that you were amazing out there. I would think even Aiden Frost or Silas Mason would be against letting you get away now.”

Madeline smiles warmly again. 

Lilee: “And if they did, you’d probably be able to find work in any other company in the world based off of that alone.”

Madeline: “Well, I appreciate the sentiment. I’m not looking to find a new job though. I want to see this through.”

Lilee: “For what it’s worth, if it was MY vote, I would want to keep you here.”

Madeline nods her head, accepting of the praise, although it was something she didn’t quite feel entitled to. 

Lilee: “Hey, so a bunch of us are going to head somewhere to celebrate the night. You want in?”

Madeline hesitated. She hadn’t exactly been social with anyone since joining EMERGE. She hadn’t been social within the industry after her relationship exploded within it. Still…

She nods her head.

Madeline: “Yeah, sure… just let me clean up a bit first.”

Lilee: “Of course. I’ll make sure we don’t leave without you.”

Madeline: “Thanks.”

Lilee Snow exited, and Madeline thought she must have been out of her mind. Consorting with staff? Unheard of… was she just setting herself up for another betrayal? 

Figuring she had better not leave everyone waiting… and not even knowing who “everyone” would entail… Madeline continues to undress as we shift...

---

“The story of Madeline Masters intrigues me. Here’s a woman from New York, brought into the wrestling industry by a boyfriend to enhance his act. She does her job and, in the process, she gets attention. Historians call it the “Sable Effect” for some baffling reason. The valet gets more over than the main act. Then she drops off the face of the planet for “some reason”... we know what “some reason” ultimately ended up being. There’s no need to regale the history. But after recovery, she ends up training under Amy Chastaine at the Black Out Academy, a great place for someone to learn the ropes, but even better for someone like Madeline. You see, Amy understands people better than most. She knows the triggers and how to effectively treat someone who had that kind of emotional trauma. She would have had a great career as a psychologist had she decided to go that route. The empathy was what Madeline needed. And now she’s in EMERGE, ready to thrive. And whether it’s the Wild Child or The Light, I believe Madeline Masters will ultimately be a success.

And it begins with the DUOS Championships.” - Shawn Mason, PsyD, JD.

---

Madeline: “We need to talk.”

The scene rises up backstage again. Earlier in the night, Madeline Masters and Desiree Devna had defeated Thamuz and Annabelle Burchard. The victory came as a result of disqualification - Madeline had taken a steel chair from the twisted Thamuz, prompting the decision. Not the ideal way to earn a Championship match, but it wasn’t something that she was going to complain about. But at the moment, that was the farthest thing from her mind. She stormed through the backstage area looking for her partner and her partner’s manager, finally finding Desiree’s locker-room. Desiree was nowhere to be seen, and Madeline heard the shower running, so her whereabouts were easy to ascertain. Shawn Mason, on the other hand, had been sitting on the bench with his phone out, likely engaged in some Twitter build-up for the upcoming Championship match. As she walked in, Mason looked up from his phone briefly before turning his gaze to it’s glowing screen.

Madeline: “Did you hear me? I said…”

Mason shoots his hand up, holding out his index finger and simultaneously stopping Madeline from repeating anything she said previously. 

Mason: “You know how much of a talker this Sierra Swann is?”

Madeline: “You’re brushing me off for a Twitter war?”

Mason shakes his head, closing the app as he sets his phone aside. With one foot propped upon his knee, he sits back and observes The Light.

Mason: “And how can I help you?”

Madeline: “You really stood there and eavesdropped on my conversation with Desiree earlier?”

Shawn raises an eyebrow, smirking slightly. 

Mason: “I’m impressed, Madeline. Most people wouldn’t have thought to watch the show back at all, let alone pay attention to moments they figured they had seen the entirety of.”

Madeline: “Can the “smart guy” routine. Why were you eavesdropping?”

Mason: “You have me wrong, Madeline. I wasn’t eavesdropping on your conversation. I was simply in the room as it was going on and didn’t feel it appropriate to announce my presence.”

Madeline: “Same thing.”

Shawn stands up, beginning to approach Madeline, who takes a step back.

Mason: “Look, I understand your trepidation. You haven’t had the best history in support from people around you. Your ex-boyfriend was a real piece of work, wasn’t he?”

Madeline: “He was a piece of shit… big deal. That’s common knowledge.”

Mason: “Fair point. And more to the point, you’re correct not to trust me.”

Mason sits back again, grinning. Madeline takes another step back, whipping her head around as she prepares for a behind-the-back attack. Shawn observes her motions, and begins to mimic them.

Mason: “What is this? What are you doing?”

Madeline: “Where are they? Who’s coming after me?”

Mason: “Please… did you think I would be so crass as to have hired goons to attack you for not trusting me? That’s the type of activity that my brother would partake in.”

He stands up, motioning for Madeline to stand down.

Mason: “No, I’m saying that you are right to not trust me. In all seriousness, who am I to you besides a sudden interloper in a tandem that has been thrown together to chase those DUOS Championships, what is it now? Twice?”

Madeline: “What’s your point?”

Mason: “My point is simple: You don’t know me, and with your history, trust is something that would have to be earned. Would it help you if I said I had to earn Desiree’s trust as well? Or do you not trust her either?”

Madeline looks off to the showers, noting that the water had stopped running. 

Madeline: “I don’t know…”

Mason: “Well you had best decide soon, because I would prefer we not waste each other’s time in this pursuit if you cannot even trust your partner.”

Shawn moves towards the door, reaching for the handle as Madeline speaks up again.

Madeline: “Wait.”

Shawn stops, turning to face her.

Madeline: “Where are you going?”

Mason: “Well, as I’m sure you noticed, Desiree’s shower had stopped approximately a minute and a half ago. While I’m unsure about your feelings at this point in time, I had promised Desiree that I would be out of her locker-room when she exited the shower, and I would prefer to keep my word. You, of course, are welcome to remain if you don’t mind explaining why you are hanging out in her locker-room when she emerges, but given your victory tonight was by disqualification, it might be best to give her a day to cool off.”

Madeline: “She’s that hot by it?”

Mason: “Desiree is a proud competitor, regardless of her motivations to start. I sense you two are similar in that regard. Must by why you two get on so well.”

With that and a smile, Shawn pushes the door open and exits the locker-room, leaving Madeline alone with her thoughts…

---

“Trust is a funny thing, isn’t it? Especially in the world of Professional Wrestling, where we’re told so often “Don’t Trust Anybody”, you often find yourself in a position where all you have is trust. You trust your opponents with your wellbeing… that they are only going to try and incapacitate you long enough to defeat you rather than outright murder you. You trust your employer to put you in position to succeed - or at the very least NOT to put you in a position to fail. You trust your partners to hold up their end. You trust your training to carry you through. You trust your boyfriend not to drug you and, effectively, get you fired from the company you work for due to working intoxicated. 

Sometimes that trust is misplaced. 

When it comes to EMERGE, and specifically the DUOS Championships, you are expected to trust in a partner you don’t know. This is far from a typical tag team scenario, where people who have spent years working on their chemistry get to compete to rise the rankings and figure out who the best is. This is supposed to be random… and even though this is the third DUOS match where I’ve had the same partner, I do believe that. Maybe I’m naive, but I think that Desiree Devna and I were brought together because we could excel together. I believe we were brought together because we were complements to each other. And here we are, having earned a shot at the DUOS Championships for a second time. 

Of course, I have to use that word… “earned”... loosely. I mean, that’s not what happened, right? Thamuz unilaterally decided he didn’t want a shot, didn’t want to team with Burchard, and got their tandem disqualified. We got a shot by default. A lot to be proud of there, right? There’s no reason for anyone to think that Desiree and I have a chance at defeating Danny Darko and Sierra Swann for the DUOS Championships. We’re in by a fluke. 

And if you believe that, please come out and say it, because as we learned in South Africa I THRIVE off of that kind of DOUBT. When I’m told that I’m hanging in the balance, or that I don’t deserve to be where I am, that’s when I turn it up. That’s when I show the world exactly who I am and what I’m capable of. 

So go ahead… let Darko and Swann think they have another W in the bag. Let them THINK that I’m going to roll over and die because I “don’t deserve” to be there… because Desiree and I are there through a disqualification. I would love nothing more than to slap the assuming taste out of someone’s mouth. 

Trust is a big thing in wrestling. Can I trust Desiree to work with me and do what we can to become DUOS Champions?

You’re God-damn right!”
Desiree Devna: “What are you doing here?”

Madeline Masters spun around where she stood as Desiree emerged from the showers. Wrapped in a towel, she stares a hole through her DUOS partner. Madeline stammered out attempting to think of a response…

Madeline::”I’m sorry. I was just leaving…”

Desiree: “No… sorry. I’m just…”

Madeline: “In a mood?”

Desiree: “Have you ever thought that maybe… just maybe… you were being taken for granted here? That you’re just supposed to go with the punches while everyone else around you goes out there and makes shit happen?”

Madeline raises an eyebrow, moving to the benches and sitting down. 

Madeline: “What do you mean?”

Desiree: “I don’t know… it’s like people tend to look at me and see a ceiling. When I faced Thamuz at the end of season two, I wasn’t “supposed” to win, and it was only after a distraction that I did. Tonight, I figured that would come around full circle, but Thamuz took that chair to your head instead. We won the match, yeah… but how do we look going into the Championship match? We’re limping in and I don’t hear a thing about it. We did our jobs and now what?”

Madeline is at a loss. Desiree was bringing up some good points, dropping some “hard truths”, as it were. And still, she was having a hard time swallowing them.

Desiree: “When I came into EMERGE as the “superfan”, I knew that would affect how people looked at me. I knew I would be demeaned, belittled… everything. But still, living through it, being taken for granted the way I’ve felt… it sucks.”

Madeline: “You don’t have to tell me about being taken for granted, Des. I was publically shamed here… I had my very job put into question on live television. I had to go out there and prove my worth in the ring. But that doesn’t stop us... “

Desiree looks over to Madeline before stepping behind a screen. She tosses the towel over the screen, starting to redress herself. 

Desiree: “But all of that changes now… we have a chance to become EMERGE DUOS Champions and finally holding something over that loudmouth, Sierra Swann…”

Madeline chuckles.

Madeline: “You really don’t like her, do you?”

Desiree: “What was your first hint. There’s just something about her that bugs me.”

Madeline: “That she called herself the “Face of EMERGE”?”

Desiree: “There’s that…”

Madeline: “Claimed she was sleeping with Drew Bryant?”

Desiree: “A low move, as well.”

Madeline: “That she sprayed her perfume in your eyes?”

Desiree: “Okay, we don’t have to go through the whole history here!”

Madeline: “What I’m saying is… you have a fire against her. You want to stick it to her, let’s stick it to her together. Let’s take the DUOS Championships from her and let her try to find a place beyond that. Let her be the one twisting in the wind.”

Desiree nods her head as she throws a shirt on over her shoulders. Finally, as she buttons it up, she steps out from behind the screen.

Desiree: “You know, I like the way you think.”

Madeline: “I still don’t trust your manager.”

Desiree chuckles. 

Desiree: “I heard.”

Madeline: “You heard all that?”

Desiree: “I heard what I needed to hear. And it’s okay. After we take those DUOS Championships, we’ll have time to work out the details.”

Madeline smiles. 

Madeline: “Good… can we…”

Desiree: “Give me a chance to finish packing up so we can get the hell out of the arena tonight? Yeah… please.”

Madeline: “Right… sorry…”

Madeline gets up and leaves the locker-room, while Desiree watches her go. Shaking her head, she goes back to packing her own belongings as the scene cuts. 

---

“I’m going to keep this short and to the point…

I’m hungry. I’m fucking FAMISHED. I have been in EMERGE for about a year and have always been looked at as fodder… as someone expendable. But you know what? Forget that talk now because I am not going to relent. You think I’m just going to be easy to forget? I’m just getting warmed up.

Sierra? I look forward to not only SLAPPING the Face of EMERGE again… but I am itching SO MUCH to bring you down a peg! You have been everything wrong with wrestling. You’re whiny. You’re entitled. You’re another face who thinks that she is bigger than the company. Newsflash, bitch… you’re not bigger than EMERGE. And at the next show, I’m looking forward to EXPOSING you as the fraud you are. 

Danny Darko? I’m sorry and you’re welcome. I’m sorry that THIS is supposed to be your grand return to the industry… the business that you gave your life to, that brought you so much. I’m sorry that you’re stuck with that albatross around your neck. And you’re welcome… because at #38, Madeline and I have every intention of freeing you of the burden of Sierra Swann and the DUOS Championships. Afterwards? Do what you’ll do… 

Because me? I’ll be Champion.

It’s kind of interesting… all this started because I idolized a professional wrestler. Who would have thought that, in the time since I went public, I would get to this state? No one, really… you all doubted me. Doubted my heart. Doubted my resolve. And yeah, there were times I thought about packing it in, flying back home and never stepping into a ring again. But that would mean all the doubters were right… and I’m not going to give them that satisfaction. I do belong here. I will be a success. I will THRIVE. And if you think you’re going to stop me? Step up to the plate and try…

In the end, you WILL remember my name. You can take that to the bank.”
OOC: The Adventures of Sierra Continue….

The Views Expressed by Your “Rose Gold Standard” Are That of Her Own and Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

[Image: tumblr-o5al6q6-MRg1qlxvxuo1-500.gif]

(Click Title)