Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Fatal Fortunes for Konrad Raab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OOC: Shoutout to Was for letting me use him for this RP and the ideas he had for it too.

[Image: xyKCnrl.png]

Visiting a long time friend. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Tuesday 5th May. (Off Camera)

It's been a few hours that overnight, unlike the rest of the SCW wrestlers, Konrad wrestled in another company. The after-effects of the match he was in last night, was evident with burns all over his arms, legs and his face. As much as Konrad hated the match he was in last night being in a cage with flames; he made time to meet up with a friend he hadn't seen in years, a guy Konrad respected for many years in the business, David Helms.

The same man who stopped Konrad feeling suicidal when he consistently lost matches and the miscarriage he and Fizz went through in two thousand and sixteen. He had nothing, but full respect for the Helms family, even if Regan has been giving Konrad hard time in wrestling at times. However, it wasn't Konrad who needed David this time; it was the other way around on David needing Konrad.

He waits outside of Starbucks, waiting for his friend, being early as usual, despite only flying straight from Everett Washington this morning. Five minutes later, David Helms arrives and notices straight away how badly burnt Konrad was, and he says this.

David Helms: "Woah, damn bro… and I thought I looked bad after the street fight the other week!”

Konrad nodded as he was barely able to look at himself with the burns he suffered last night, and it's something Konrad will discuss, despite being a day for David Helms to address his issues. Konrad. Konrad buys himself a bottle of water, while David gets himself black coffee. They find themselves a seat near the window. Konrad sees David, looking down at the floor and says this.

Konrad Raab: "Listen, I know I'm not bearable to look at right now, but this wasn't my idea of coming to you and being covered with burns."

David Helms: "Ugh, I’m sorry bro. It’s not the burns to be honest, I’ve got some stuff, that’s all…”

Konrad Raab: "Then what's the matter?"

David Helms: "I mean, you probably noticed by now, but I’ve been having some problems. You know, with Tommy?”

Konrad Raab: "Yes, don't say no more. I remember the nasty spat you and Tommy have had lately with you both used to be close friends. You're one of the nicest guys I know."

David Helms: "It’s just… this shit isn’t sitting well with me, bro. I’m torn about everything; I’ve said a few things that I know I shouldn’t, and that’s not really me. At the same time, he’s putting Kandis on a pedestal and making out like everything is about her, that he’s innocent. And then he attacked Regan during her match with Xander… we’re meant to be best friends, you know? He’s the guy I’d normally go to about problems, so I feel a little lost.”

Konrad nodded, it was clear David needed to speak with Konrad, especially the argument he heard straight before he left for a wrestling event the next day. Konrad wincing in pain due to the burns he suffered last night and tried his best to comfort him the best way he can.

Konrad Raab: "Yeah, it's not a nice situation you went through with Tommy of two friends getting in a massive argument. I have noticed his changes. I've been in a ton of matches against him to experience that. Have you tried to make things up to him?"

David Helms: "I don’t really want to bro… not after the things he’s said and done. Much as I love Tommy like a brother, Regan’s my wife…”

Konrad Raab: "That's a good point. I know what it's like being stabbed in the back by a good friend. I've had plenty of that in my career. At the same time, you need to do something about Tommy. I know I don't regret anything I did with Katie as much as my anger scares the hell out of me sometimes."

David Helms: "I dunno bro, I’d say you have a pretty good handle on things, at least it looks that way anyway…”

Konrad Raab: "Mainly because of the anger management group I've had to go to every Friday. I didn't have a good past with my dad, trying everything to end my life, never allowing me to defend myself. I wasn't able to let my anger out, I kept bottling it, but when it came out, it got me in more trouble than I thought, like me decking a referee out cold. I just snapped."

David Helms: "Ah, damn man, I’m sorry. I assume you told your therapist? What was their take on everything?”

It seemed like David was in the same situation as Konrad a while ago, bottling anger up, although it was a clear sign when David yelled and shouted loud at Tommy and it was now time for Konrad to do a good deed, helping a friend when they needed them. David drinks his coffee while Konrad drinks his bottle of water before he speaks.

Konrad Raab: "In my first anger management session, he said to close my eyes and calm myself down. He didn't understand me fighting in a cage match with Katie at first, but I needed to be violent because I didn't and still don't understand my anger. At the same time, I had to be to let everything I was feeling out towards Katie. That's what you need to do. Tommy has done everything to hurt Regan psychically and mentally."

David Helms: "That’s kind of what I wanna do. But what if--”

Konrad Raab: "Take a deep breath and think before striking the referee. The thing is in order to make yourself happier, you tackle Tommy head on and you can move on from the arguing you had with him, even if it means getting angry. Take deep breaths and if it helps, write down your feelings and even discuss them with someone, if it's your wife, family or someone you keep in close contact with."

David Helms: "Yeah, I’ve kinda known that’s where this was heading from the moment he first confronted me about what Regan said in that promo about Kandis. The minute he had a go at me I think I’ve known that I’d have to choose a side eventually. I just can’t believe he’d do what he has done, you know? Fighting Regs in a match is one thing, but attacking her? But hey, I appreciate your take on it bro, and I’m glad we could catch up like this. I’m glad I’m not the only one that gets it when you say you want to face people in a match instead of just kick their ass…”

Konrad nodded, understanding that David was also a guy who wasn't a big fan of using violence, especially against a former best friend like Tommy was. Konrad took a long sip of water, as did David with his coffee. Konrad says this as he winces once again with the burns he consistently looked at, trying not to scratch the wounds.

Konrad Raab: "So, how's my former friend AJ doing? Do you think he'll ever come back to wrestling?"

David Helms: "Ah bro, that’s a whole mess of its own. He’s still pissed about Owen and Jenni, you know? He feels betrayed by Owen, that he didn’t speak to him first before making a move on his sister. I mean, he’s great other than that, Elysia’s growing SO fucking fast, you wouldn’t believe it. Whether he comes back to the ring though, I dunno. I stopped asking him where his head was at, I didn’t want it to seem like I was nagging him. He’s been on GCW television a couple of times, his friend Bella wrestles there… I think he’s just trying to be there as much for Scarlett and Elysia to be honest…”

Konrad Raab: "Such a shame because AJ had so much potential to be an SCW champion, being the next Helms champion. I saw that in him when we fought and had a great match against AJ. I hope his passion for wrestling comes back."

David Helms: "You and me both, bro. Believe me. I’ve gotta ask though Konrad, what the hell’s with the burns? I mean, they look pretty damn painful bro, I’m not gonna lie…”

Now Konrad was feeling quite uncomfortable to talk about the burns he had, but because he was there talking to David, he had to as he drank water from the bottle before looking David in his eyes to speak.

Konrad Raab: "I wrestled against a female wrestler last night in another company. I was locked inside of a cage and with flames that appeared after a certain time limit. The match was called Towering Inferno. It scared the hell out of me and I never had to scream as loudly as I did when I was caught in the flames. I won the match, but that's the after-effects I had. SCW staff are aware of my burns as I told them earlier this morning I was in an inferno match and got some burns. They'll check if I'm in any condition to wrestle tomorrow night. I would rather wait until next week."

David Helms: "Damn, you really did that? Won’t lie, it doesn’t sound like your kind of gig… but hey, fucking A bro, tackling your fears like that. The anger management stuff too. Just hope that the draw is kind to you because it’s gonna suck for you if you end up wrestling tomorrow night with those burns...

Konrad Raab: "It wasn't my idea to wrestle being around in flames, I didn't want to wrestle inside of that structure, being surrounded by flames, it was the temporary GM's idea. Also came down to the event being an all hardcore and violent type of PPV that I had no choice in the matter of wanting to be in it or not. I'm aware, but if SCW medics see how bad the burns are, I won't be wrestling tomorrow. If I get chosen, I'll wrestle without any complaints, but not at one hundred per cent."

David Helms: "That takes balls, bro. I’d take my hat off to you if I was wearing one... ugh. There needs to be more time in the day bro, and I hate to do this but I gotta run. I’ve got some errands to run, and I’m trying to keep an eye on Regan. The match with Xander and all, you know how it is. But thanks for the chat bro, it’s been cool catching up.”

Konrad Raab: "No problem, I'm always free to meet up and have discussions with a great friend. Come to me in my locker room anytime if you need to chat."

Konrad nodded as he finished his water, as did Dave as they threw cardboard cups and bottle in the bin. After they had, they went their separate ways with David heading back to the hotel to check on Regan, while Konrad did as well. Still, he was in no condition to do gym work which frustrated him. At the same time, he needs to rest as he goes back to his hotel room and gets a well-deserved sleep in his room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Let fate roll in my hands youtube.com shoot. (On Camera)

“It was only last week I fought against Matt Hodges and to be honest, I enjoyed every minute of our match, us being technical with one another in the match, I had a lot of fun and well, you know the result of that match, mostly because I didn’t know anything about Matt, being unprepared for what awaited me due to Matt returning to SCW ring.

As you can see, I’ve got pretty bad burns on me so currently, not feeling one hundred per cent due to a match I had last night in a different company that involved fire and sadly, I got caught in them while wrestling a match. I don’t talk about my achievements in other companies but just wanted to let everyone know why I’m here with burns on my body.

Moving on, I’ve not had a great record in these unpredictable Fatal Fortunes matches, but it’s another unpredictable scenario I’ve got to face head-on. I don’t know what will happen or what match I’m going to be in, but I’m ready for anything. If I can overcome being in a match involving fire last night, I can overcome anything, being in any matches for the next two weeks, whether it’s a title match or a title contention match, being in a rumble match for the thirtieth Taking Hold Of The Flame rumble spot, anything can happen and I’m not a big fan of talking about myself.

Mainly because I never need to talk about my achievements or anything of a sort. I know what I’ve done and what I need to do. I admit I’ve not earned any title matches with only one win I’ve had this year which is poor on my part. At the same time, it shows how much the competition has stepped up this year. I need to do something about that to turn things around, the problem is how do I do that?

How do I change everything without being an arrogant asshole and without trying to cheat matches? I refuse to do those things because it will get me nowhere. I will find a way to continue to do the same as what I do, but getting those wins is hard to do. At this point, I don't care what I do and who I face, I’m ready for the challenge and I’ll take it in both of my hands.

Because I will let fate roll into my hands. I will do something in the match whether it’s this or I prefer to wrestle next week due to the burns I have, I will walk out whatever opponent or match I’ll have as the winner of the entire match. I will happily accept any opponent and any matches, even if it’s another inferno match.

Doesn’t matter because I’m going to work hard to do everything possible to get another win in the bag whenever my next match will be. It’s hard for me to speak about matches when I don’t know. You just don’t and for most people, including myself get excited about the opportunities we could get. Even if it’s once in a lifetime SCW title match, I’ll do it. Either tomorrow or next week, someone will be Iceinated by The Iced Rainbow and win another match because I need to for myself and the fans.”