Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Fears Buried Deep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OOC: CD takes place immediately following the CD of David Helms' RP. Promo takes place day of this upcoming Breakdown. Enjoy and best of luck to all!

The Dark Side of the Sun

“Fears Buried Deep”

AnteUp Academy
Santa Barbara, California
Monday, May 4th, 2020
1:23pm

Regan Street through her fingerless, padded gloved fist at the platinum blonde, managing to graze the white, smooth surface of the sparring helmet as Selena ducked the blow at the last possible second. Biting her lower lip in concentration, the Snow Queen tried for a quick shoot kick to the stomach, only for the experienced Hellcat to bat it away with both hands. With no choice but to land on the launched, and missed, kick, Selena felt her foot hit the ring a second after Regan’s hands were on her, the taller woman grappling Selena and tossing her towards the ropes with a clean whip. With only her instincts guiding her, from years of wrestling, Selena dove forward, handspringing off the ropes and back towards her red gear-wearing ring-companion, throwing up her elbow to try and strike the head. 

She meant only air as Regan ducked under and through, pulling Selena up into a roll-up! Not this time! the Snow Queen mentally growled as she fell fully into the momentum, rolling back onto her back and following onto her feet just in time to catch Regan in grappling contest of strength.

“Well…this is getting us nowhere!” huffed Regan as she pushed her strength onto her sister, she having always been the stronger of the two, while Selena had always been the stronger striker. And the Hellcat had not been wrong. They weren’t entirely sure how long it had been, feeling like it it had been twenty minutes when it had probably only been five, but at some point in Selena and Regan’s sparring, they had simply fallen into a pattern of countering each other’s moves – and then countering each other’s counter to the other’s counter…

To any onlooker, it would seem simple: the two women knew each other amazingly well, from style to set of preferred moves to… just about anything. Even if it had been years since the two had wrestled one another as opponents in a ring, it was clear that some things just remained hardwired into memories… which was probably why the two could do rather well in the ring as teammates and sisters.

Still, Regan had a point. In the moment of just countering one another, they were getting nowhere. With a bite of her lower lip, Selena pushed as much as she could against the stronger woman. “Well, you could just let me win… you know, since I’m a guest here.”

“Except this was your idea.” Countered Regan. 

“Doesn’t mean I’m not a guest.” Countered Selena as she pushed a bit more, though Regan did not move. With a spurt of strength from her legs, the platinum-blonde managed to turn the pair of them around in a semi-circle as they stood near the center of the ring.

The Hellcat rolled her eyes as she applied a bit more strength towards her hold. “Why did you suggest this anyway?” she asked with a bit of tired breath, her heart beating through the workout, much like Selena’s was.

“Honestly? I figured it was good…” Selena winced as she suddenly spun around, performing a sort of standing-switch upon Regan, now standing behind the young Helms and applying a sleeper hold. “quality sisterly-bonding time.” She huffed out.

It was an answer that Regan only half-believed. As mentioned before, the two knew each other rather well. Which meant that Regan knew Selena’s schedule rather well – as well as the secrets the young woman kept. And if Selena had any free time at all between SCW shows, she would more than likely be in Germany, visiting her wife Deanna in that damned prison – poor thing, Regan remarked of the redhead. So, when Selena had simply ‘showed up out of nowhere’ in Santa Barbara, wanting to just ‘hang out’ with Regan, it had easily set off concerned vibes within the Hellcat. Still, she wasn’t about to coax them out of Selena by simply ‘letting her win’.

With a grin, Regan dropped to a knee, easily flipping Selena out of the headlock into a modified snapmare. “Ooof!” Selena grumbled as she landed on her rear, jumping up to her feet and turning to face Regan as she did.

“Bonding time, huh?” Regan dusted her hands off but stopped when she saw Selena’s eyes were not on her but on something above and behind her. 
“It’s David..” she whispered, causing Regan to roll her eyes.
“Oh come on!” Regan laughed. “Are you seriously going to try the whole ‘look over there’ trick? I think I’m a little past that in my old age.”

Not that she was old – in fact, she and Selena were only a few months apart in age. But Regan did have a few years more experience in wrestling than Selena did, enough to not be fooled by so simple a distraction. But when Selena’s eyes didn’t move away, remaining locked on what was behind the brunette, a sliver of doubt etched its way into Regan’s spine.

“He’s talking to…” Selena’s words trailed off, her arms lowering. And it was with growing alarm that Regan realized who the Snow Queen might be referring to. Without another word, the Television champion spun around, green eyes glaring up to the second floor, a mezzainine-style floor where the coached could watch the three rings that surrounded the ground floor… she was expecting to see her husband talking with Tommy, or at least something to that effect, but when she saw that there was no one there…

“Oh dammit.” She groaned, not the least surprised when she felt herself being tackled from behind, letting her and Selena tumble to the matted floor of the ring. “Unfair.” Regan huffed out grumpily. “Uncool.”

“Ha ha!” Selena laughed as she wrapped herself around Regan in a sort of wrestling grapple from behind. “Gotcha now!”
“Sure ya do.” Regan rolled her eyes as she felt Selena’s arms wrapped around her waist, the brunette crossing her arms over her chest as she awaited for whatever pin or move Selena would throw at her so she could counter it.

But nothing came.

“Selena?” she asked, turning her head over a little. “Don’t think you can pin me or whatever you’re doing if you don’t move.”
“I know.” Laughed Selena.
“Then what are you doing?”
“Meh. Cuddling.” Came the response as the Snow Queen wiggled a little from where she lay.
“Wha-cudd-“ Regan asked before shaking her head. “Oh hell no. You don’t cuddle in the ring!”

With a huff, Regan pushed herself up and to a sitting position, only for Selena to use her sister’s momentum to twist her all the way over and onto her other side. “Whaaa!” Regan called out as she found herself back on her side, Selena’s arms still wrapped around her.

“Feel it, Regan! Feel the cuddle!” Selena teased as she continued to tease and wiggle against Regan playfully.
“I will not!” Regan half-yelled, half-laughed back as she attempted to roll away, but Selena would not relent, the Snow Queen rolling with her sister and tag-team partner across the ring, remaining latched onto Regan!

“CUDDLE!” Selena yelled loudly. “Surrender to your sister’s affections!”
“No!” yelled Regan, though her tone had gained more laughter. “You’re worse than my kids were!”
“AND HEAVIER!” Selena added. “Can’t throw me off!”
“Yes I can!” Regan declared, the Hellcat reaching for the nearby ring ropes to try and pull herself up!
“No, no!” Selena countered, throwing her weight behind her and rolling herself and, thus, Regan, across the ring.

“No! So close!” huffed Regan, rolling herself up to a seated position, not surprised when she felt Selena fall back, pulling her onto the platinum-blonde, who was now on her back. Quickly, Regan held her arms out to steady herself as much as she could. “Aha!” she called out. “I’ve got you pinned! If you don’t let go, I’ll win!” she declared, feeling her best friend wiggle a little under her. “1…” she called out, keeping herself secure by tightening her core, arms and legs. “2…”

“BLEH!”

It wasn’t the sound that confused Regan as much as the feeling that came with it as she felt something soft and wet press up against her neck, below her padded sparring helmet.

“Wha-“
“BLEH!” came the sound again and that familiar sensation against her skin. This time, it moved a little along her neck. And this time, Regan realized what it was, her eyes widening with disbelief, followed by horror.

“Are you-“
“BLEH!” Selena called out again, dropping her tongue down on spot where Regan’s neck met her shoulder.
“Oh god! SELENA!” Regan cried out, rolling this way and that, now more like a mad bull trying to buck off its rider! “That’s disgusting!”

“BLEH! BLEH!” Selena continued to cry out, refusing to cease her assault. “Preening Hellkitten!”
“I am not a hellkitten- EWWW!” Regan tried to swat at the platinum-blonde but only managed to just tap the woman behind her.

“BLEH! BLEH! BLEH!” Selena continued, laughing the entire while.
“ALRIGHT! Enough!” Cried out Regan. “You win! Now get off me!”

“Yes!” cried out Selena, giving her sister one more affectionate squeeze and cuddle before releasing her and jumping to her feet. “The winner and new Supreme Cuddle Wrestling champion!” she called out, raising her arms up! Regan, meanwhile, threw her helmet and gloves off before rubbing her neck with mild disgust.

“You’re disgusting.” She said flatly. “Ew. Ew.”
Undeterred, Selena smiled brightly at Regan before plopping down in front of her, sitting cross-legged in front of her sister. “All is fair in love and war.” She stated, leaning into kiss Regan’s forehead affectionately.

“You are too much sometimes.” Sighed Regan as she continued to rub the back of her neck.
“That’s what I’ve been told.” Smiled the platinum-blonde as she, too, removed her gloves and helmet. “But thanks for hanging out with me.” She whispered as she sat in the ring. “I know you have a lot on your mind.”

Regan shrugged at that. They had spent the majority of the morning till now here: in the AnteUp Academy, working out at the various stations the wrestling school provided. From cardio to weight training to where they sat in one of the three rings that facility offered – Selena choosing the smaller 15x15 ring because it ‘looked so cute!’. 

The pair sat there, each catching their breath to calm themselves. “Everything alright with Deanna?” Regan asked, earning a shrug from the younger woman. 
“She’s getting by.” Selena answered. “She keeps her head down and there’s people that look out for her when I can’t.”
“What about that new lawyer girl?”
“Nothing yet.” Selena answered. “I sometimes wonder if she’s not just pulling my leg. Trying to get my hopes up to try and screw with me.”
“But you said that she’s got as much to lose as you do.” Regan reasoned.
“Yeah…” sighed the pale-skinned woman. “But if she can’t win, she might as well beat me, you know? Or maybe she’s trying to ‘have her cake and eat it too’, you know?”
“Not really.” Regan shook her head.

“It’s like… okay, Sienna, right?”
“What about her?” Regan raised an eyebrow, causing Selena to proceed with some caution.
“She’s trying to have it all, right? She can’t with the world title, so she does it through Bree. Bree is champion, Sienna uses that to stay relevant as if SHE were the champion. Get it?”
“And you think that’s what this lawyer is doing?”

“I don’t know… maybe?” Selena’s face adopted an expression of sharp uncertainty. “I mean, no matter what she says, neither Deanna or I believe that she can, one-hundred percent, get Deanna out of that prison when every other person has either failed or given up in helping us. And I think… I think Talia knows that… and if she can’t get it done – if she knows she can’t get it done – then why not get some good shots in on me, right? Or if she can get it done-”
“Get those shots in along the way…” Regan finished off with a nod and a look of understanding. Of course the Hellcat would understand such a strategy – she had employed such methods in the darker years of her career against Mr. D. and even Selena, herself.

With a sigh, Selena reached up to the back of her head, pulling at the largest hair-band and giving it a sharp pull. A steady, strong tug was all that was needed and her tied up braid tumbled free, falling down to rest over the left side of her chest. The platinum-blonde hair stood out against the black, form-fitting t-shirt and track pants she wore, while Regan had stuck with the white tank-top and dark green shorts. “Sorry I distracted you.” She suddenly replied quietly, looking down at her hands as they lay within each other. “It was a dick move.. I honestly was just trying to have some fun.”

“I know.” Regan answered, though it was clear that thinking about Tommy Valentine was an easy trigger to frustration for the current champion. Not that Selena didn’t feel the same way. It was because of Tommy that Regan had lost her match with Xander Valentine and it was Tommy that continued to haunt and harass the young woman, Regan having to beat him for the Television Title, then having to defend it against Tommy’s girlfriend and fellow tag-team champion, Kandis.

Meanwhile, Selena was, more or less dealing with the bitter and petty group known as the Beauty Factory. As she had expected, Bree Lancaster had made her presence known during their match, effectively costing Selena and her team by spearing Ace Marshall and leaving Glory open for the easy pinfall.

And yet, there she was, proclaiming me beating her by pinning Asher Hayes wasn’t a ‘true victory’.

She wasn’t surprised by the tactic. It was ego-driven what Glory had declared and once the opportunity was reversed, the supposed “best in the world’ hadn’t hesitated to do whatever she needed to to be on the winning team.

The platinum-blonde took a deep breath. She was certain things would be dealt with in regards to Glory, Bree and the Beauty Factory in good time. That wasn’t what was bothering her. Deep down, she was certain if push came to shove, she could beat both women in the ring. Whether they wanted to ‘count it’ or not.

The sound of someone whistling caught both women’s attention and the two turned their heads to see the actual David Helms standing in the doorway, watching both. He gave a slight wave to both members of Frozen Hell, but all Selena could do was offer a kind smile, while Regan waved back, the Hellcat sliding out of the ring to have a few words with her husband.

Selena remained in the ring, alone with her thoughts that David had brought up. Because though he smiled, and though he looked happy, and though he seemed in good spirits now… the young woman could not remove the expression she had seen in that man a few weeks ago.

She had been so worried about Regan after what Xander and Tommy had done to her. Worried sick about the well-being of her sister, that she had almost dismissed that look that David had had in his eyes. And it wasn’t that it was a look that Selena had never seen before. Quite the opposite, she had seen that look in the eyes of Regan…in Talia’s… and even her own…

Anger. Hatred.

Two emotions she had never expected to see in the eyes of David Helms. And it wasn’t that he didn’t have a right. Hell, if Selena was enraged at Tommy and Xander for what was done to Regan – Tommy more than anyone for sticking his nose where it had no business just to hurt Regan – then, of course David, Regan’s husband and father of their children, had a right to that anger and desire to do something about it.

Except…except…

Selena looked away from the couple as they seemed to talk quietly, Selena barely able to pick up a word or two from their conversation – not that she wasn’t paying much attention. She had rushed after David when he had refused to heed her advice. She had told him not to do anything stupid. Not to chase after Tommy immediately following Cold Blooded. It wasn’t the time and place! Regan needed her and David more than petty revenge. Yes, Tommy deserved to get his and he would, but Regan needed – deserved – their attention and the priority. Selena believed that with all her heart and soul. 

David hadn’t and had marched off after his former tag-team partner. What else could Selena have done but chase him and try and make him see reason? But that look… his desire to rip Tommy’s throat out if it came to it…

It was one thing for Regan to do it. Regan was a hothead! A lovable hothead, but still a hothead. But David? He was supposed to be the voice of reason. The person able to see the logic and reason behind decisions…

And if their promos – David’s and Regan’s – over the fast few weeks were any indication, much like their tweets on Twitter… 

Biting her lower lip, Selena pulled herself out of the ring as fast as she could. She didn’t want to deal with this right now. She had come to clear her head, not make things worse for herself. She had wanted to prepare a proper plan – a strategy – for Fatal Fortunes. Yes, Regan would have to defend her title both nights, that was all well and good and there was no telling where she and David would end up in terms of their matches, but that wasn’t what Selena had told herself was the reason for strategy and why she paid the Helms family a visit.

It was all the crap that was surely going to happen during the matches. What if Beauty Factory struck again? What if Tommy and Kandis tried anything? They needed to be prepared for anything that could happen between the matches as well!

And yet, as she cast one last look at the pair, watching Regan laughing with David over something, talking was the last thing the Snow Queen wanted to do…

Because you’ll just make things worse, won’t you? her mind viciously mocked… You’ll tell them the truth, won’t you? That you know what’s happening…

Quietly, her running shoes not making a sound as she slipped out of the ring-section of the first floor and into the washrooms, Selena pressed her back against the door as she felt it close fully behind her, her eyes staring up at the ceilings and the white lights that intermittently filled up the design to illuminate the room. Forcing the sapphire orbs shut, she breathed as deeply and slowly as she could.

Conceal… her mind whispered, her breath speaking the words softly. Don’t feel… don’t feel.

Why had she come here? Why had she made this mistake? It was stupid to think there was a chance Fatal Fortunes would favour here. Yes, it had for Regan once or twice but never her. She had just been placed in regular matches every year. No contender matches, no championship matches…

Stop it! ordered the harsh reality her mind and feelings resided in. You didn’t come here to deal with that or be bitter about ‘luck’. You came here because you’re scared! You came here to see if they’ve finally forgotten about you!

“No…” whispered Selena as she pushed herself off the door and further into the room, ducking into the washroom section. Angrily, or bitterly, she wasn’t sure which emotion was leading her, she twisted the cold-water knob as far to the left as it would go, as if commanding the water to pour out of the faucet and into the sink. “I’m not scared of that!” she angrily growled before splashing her face with the cold water. “Whether it’s me or…or…” she couldn’t finish that line of that, so she skipped it. “Long as she becomes tag-team champion.”

Sure…you can just picture it, right? The Helms Family – or is it the Helms Dynasty? New tag-team champions! Sounds like it at least HAS potential, doesn’t it? I mean, ‘Frozen Hell’? Sounds like a section of frozen foods in the grocery store, right? ‘Instant tacos! Spicy!’.

“No…” Selena hissed, splashing herself with water.

He’s her husband. You’re just the girl she beat up years ago, felt sorry for, threw a bone to and then failed her over and over and over again!

“Then maybe it’s better she goes with him!” she suddenly spat, staring up at her cold eyes and snarling expression.

And the concerned one that stared at her from behind…

“Re…Regan…” Selena started before she spun around, trying to adopt a quiet, passive expression. “Sorry…what’s up? Did you need something? I was just-“

“Oh no! Don’t even start with that bullshit!” Regan shot back, holding a finger of warning to the Snow Queen. “I just came in and heard you arguing with yourself. And I KNOW I was the topic of conversation. What’s going on?”

“N-nothing…” Selena tried. “Just some frustrated thoughts – my insecurities not leaving me alone.”
“Uh-huh.” The Hellcat crossed her arms over her chest. “And what exactly would those insecurities be?” her eyes narrowed as she stood right in the doorway, effectively cutting off any exit that existed for Selena.

Sapphire eyes travelled everywhere – in every direction: up, down, left, right – she tried to count the tiles on the floor for a few seconds. Anything to give her an idea on what to say. “They…you know…” she tried, her tone dismissive. “Worries, you know? I mean you’ve got to defend the title both weeks, right? And there’s no telling what Tommy might do? Or Xander? Or the Beauty Factory…” her voice trailed off as Regan’s expression did not change. In fact, Selena felt that her sister was seeing right through her… with goddamn ease.

And it only infuriated her.

“Stop looking at me like that, Regan.” Selena ordered. “I can have stray, bad thoughts, okay?”
“Yeah.” Regan nodded. “I’m not saying you can’t. What I want to know is why can’t you tell me them.”
“Because it’s pointless?” Selena huffed, raising and dropping her arms. “Because it’s selfish? Because it’s stupid?! Because it’s wrong! Take your pick! Any of those will fit.”

“Are you secretly in love with me or something?” Regan asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Oh please!” Selena bitterly laughed. “There’s no secret about that!” she added. “You’re my sister and best friend. I fucking adore you.”
“And you’re mine and I you.” Regan replied flatly. “So what’s the big deal?”

“Nothing!” Selena concluded. “That’s the point. “It’s not important. It’s not going to help to talk about it. It’s not going to do any good and I’m not going to be like that!” she marched towards Regan, prepared to just make her exit before things get worse…

Like Regan putting her arm across the remainder of the doorway, effectively cutting off Selena’s exit. “Be like what?” she asked.

Staring at the arm, the platinum-blonde slowly turned her head to stare down green eyes. “I’m not talking about it, Regan. Please move.”
“Please tell me what’s going on.”
“No,”
“Then we’re going to be here awhile, and I know David likes to lock up the place by a certain hour.”

Of course! And whatever David wants – he gets, right?!

Regan’s eyes widened, her mouth hanging open in…shock? It took a few seconds for Selena to realize that she had spoke that thought out loud.

“I need to go.” She stated desperately, pushing Regan’s arm up and out of the way.
“No you’re not!” declared Regan, the Hellcat suddenly pulling on Selena’s arm to pull her back into the bathroom. “You’re going to talk to me and tell me what you meant by that!”

“Nothing!” Selena begged to Regan. “I didn’t mean anything by that! I didn’t even mean to say it! I’m under a lot of pressure and I…I don’t know what I was saying!”

“Bullshit!” Regan countered. “Either tell me what is going on or I will find other ways to get it out of you!”

The weird thing was that the tone wasn’t threatening… or rather, it wasn’t as threatening as it could have been. It wasn’t a tone of anger or revenge or anything she had heard from David Helms the night of Cold Blooded. No, Regan’s voice was strong, but concerned. Shocked but not hurt.

Oh, she’ll be hurt once you tell her. came that damn, haunting voice. Tell her how scared you are? How jealous you are? How you want her to pick..

“I just need to go.” Selena said with finality. “I’ll deal with Fatal Fortunes myself and I’ll…I’ll just see how it all pans out.”

For a response, a sad, tired sigh came from Regan, the older woman staring down at the floor for a moment before cracking her knuckles. “Have it your way then.” Was all she said before springing at Selena, catching the platinum-blonde off-guard as she landed a Lou-Thez press, sending both women to the floor, Regan effectively pinning Selena down.

“Regan! Get off me!” Selena ordered. “I don’t want either of us to get hurt!”
“Then tell me what the hell is going on!” ordered Regan. 
“Please!” begged Selena. “Don’t make me! I..I can’t…”

Grabbing Selena’s arms as they latched onto her biceps, Regan pinned them down over Selena’s head, the two sisters now almost nose-to-nose in proximity. ‘Can’t what? Or is it you won’t?”

“No! I can’t! I don’t want to…” Selena shrugged against the pinning predicament she found herself in. “I won’t be like that!” she half-declared, half-wailed, her eyes slamming shut. Despite that, however, a few drops of water managed to run down her face. At first, Regan thought they were from the Snow Queen washing her face, but a closer look showed the brunette that these water drops were going from Selena’s eyes. She also saw how Selena chomped down on her lower lip with her teeth. The only sound that could be heard were the overhead fans that can throughout the room.

With a long sigh, Regan turned her head from her sister and pushed herself off of Selena, who quickly scrambled out from under the champion, the platinum-blonde scurrying over to the farthest section of the bathroom to sit against the wall, wrapping her arms around her knees and legs. Having a moment of silence, and watching Selena behave so, allowed Regan to slowly put her observations together.

“Is this about what happened that night?” she finally asked. “When David told you that he was going to get the tag titles with me?”

Desperately, Selena shook her head, refusing to open her eyes, her teeth still fretting her lower lip.

“Really?” Regan tilted her head before slowly crawling on her knees towards the trembling pale-skinned woman. ‘Because if my tag-team partner, someone that I promised to get the tag-team titles with, suddenly up and left me for another partner out of the blue… I can imagine that I’d be hurt somewhat…” her voice trailed off as she slowly reached towards Selena. “And I don’t think I’d be out of line feeling that way…”

Her hand reached Selena’s face, soft knuckles caressing a tear-streaked cheek. 

“The goal was always to get you to become Supreme Champion.” Came the horse whisper from Selena. “If that’s with David, then so be it.” She choked out.
“Except that bothers you, doesn’t it?” Regan checked.
“No…it…”

Before the Hellcat’s green eyes, it was almost as if something snapped inside Selena – or, more accurately, something broke inside her. Before Regan’s eyes, Selena seemed to deflate, leaning against the wall, her eyes finally opening.

“It makes more sense. I failed so you’re going with something better. Someone better that can get the job done.” She replied.

With a knowing sigh, Regan shook her head. “I knew it.” She stated quietly. “How long has this been killing you?”
“Since he said it.” Selena whispered. “Since he suggested it.”
“So why did you agree with it?”
“Because what right do I have?” Selena asked, turning her head to you. “He’s your husband, and I had my chance to be tag-team champions with you and I failed over and over again to do things right for you. Trios? The contender match? The championship match? I’ve failed each and every time at keeping my promise to you. You’d already be Supreme Champion by now if it wasn’t for me.”

“That’s not true!” Regan pressed. “We both came up short.”
“Oh yeah!” Selena laughed. “The next opportunity you had, you flawlessly became tag-team champion. Funny, you take away Selena Frost and you have no problem doing what you set out to do. With Selena? Pinned and lost.”

The platinum-blonde laughed bitterly. “I’m the weak link, Regan. And I should be able to easily admit that and bow out so David and you can do what I clearly couldn’t. But… I can’t get rid of these feelings.”
“What feelings?” Regan asked. “Hurt?” she tried. “Abandonment?”
“Fear.” Selena added as she nodded her head. “Once you win the tag titles with him, you want need me anymore. You won’t need Frozen Hell or even to tag-team again. You won’t need to be a tag-team champion ever again.”

There was a moment of silence between the two girls, a shaky breath from Selena eventually breaking it. “I don’t know how it happened.” She spoke slowly. “But somehow, your dream, at some point, became my dream. The idea of being tag-team champions with you… defending them all the time, in so many different kinds of matches – maybe even trying to beat Dark Fantasy’s record… it felt so wonderful, us trying to do that. Us trying to become that… I thought… what if we could… and I started to dream of it – as if it was my dream too.”

She sighed as she gazed at the wall away from Regan. “But I lost sight of what this was all about.” She stated. “I lost sight that this is about you becoming tag-team champion. I’ve grown selfish and scared because all I can think about is being forgotten. Being cast aside.”

The platinum-blonde sniffled a little, reaching up to wipe away the tears from her eye. “But how the hell could I say anything? How could I say no to David when he asked me. This thing with you and Tommy. It’s roped him in now too. It’s gotten him involved and what am i? Just a bystander. Just someone that’s there.”

“Why didn’t you say all this to him? Or to me?” Regan asked again. “Why did you just smile and go through with it?” 

“Because then I’d be just like Tommy if I hadn’t.” Selena cried out. “I’d be just like he is with David! Asking you to choose between David and me and I can’t do that. I won’t do that!” she added defiantly, resting her head against the cold tiles of the wall, remaining silent after that.

It was the sad reality that Selena knew she would have to face. She and Regan had started in December on this task, wanting to make Regan a supreme champion of SCW by becoming tag-team champions together. And while they had not been pinned back at Retribution, they had lost that triple threat tag-title match. I had my chance…and I messed it up… she told herself once more, curling tighter into a ball against the wall.

She wasn’t expecting to suddenly feel warmth as Regan was suddenly sitting beside her, wrapping her arms around the smaller Frost and drawing her into her embrace as the two sat against the wall.

“Do you have any idea how often I’ve thought about that?” she asked. “The number of times I thought ‘any day now, she’s going to realize how much of her time she’s wasting on me’ and finally just cut me loose?”

There was no answer from Selena. Regan didn’t need one.

“I thought about how many things were passing you by. Rematches you never got. The United States Championship, the Adrenaline Championship… hell, we both know you could have been World Champion by now.” She half-laughed at that revelation. “But here you were, helping me chase other titles that would bring me more accolades and fame and you…nothing.” Regan sighed. “I thought – any day now, she’s gonna wake up and stop wasting her time on me. Like this whole Fatal Fortunes thing. What happens if she gets her title shot? Or that contender match she’s deserved for so long?” 

Selena shook her head. “It was never a waste of time to me.” She whispered, her hands reaching up to clutch Regan’s arms tightly. “It’s all that mattered to me.”

The Hellcat nodded. “But David is hurting too.”
“I know.” Selena sighed. 

Selena didn’t want to force her sister to make a choice. It was why she had tried to gracefully bow out, and if she hadn’t come here and lost control of her bottled up emotions, there wouldn’t be a problem. No, that wasn’t true, the only problems that would be there would be in Selena’s head. They’d still be there, but at least she wouldn’t be spilling her guts out to Regan and making things worse. “I just wish…I just wish we had one more chance…” her voice was barely a whisper.

“I can’t say what will happen.” Regan sighed as she held the Snow Queen close to her. “I wish I could but I can’t. But even if it is me and David… I’m not going to forget you, okay? I’m not going to just abandon you. Not again.” She promised as she gently ran a hand along Selena’s platinum-blonde locks. 

Slowly, Selena nodded. She wanted Regan’s words to be the end of her doubt and fears, but such things could not be so easily disposed of. Regan was, without a doubt, one of the few close friends, the closest no doubt, that Selena had left in SCW. But the past – Selena’s past – was filled with lost loved ones and friends, from Dawn Lohan to Sienna Swann to Regan, herself, for a time. Was that what was in store for Selena? To be alone on the sidelines? “The Face of SCW” who fought for others but never could have selfish dreams of her own?

“Selena…” she didn’t response to Regan’s words. “We’re going to be okay.” The Hellcat promised, but again, no response, the Snow Queen too lost in her own thoughts. With a huff, Regan resigned herself to her next course of action. “Bleh.” And dropped her tongue on Selena’s closest temple.

Sapphire eyes suddenly went wide as Selena felt the wet muscle. “No…” she grumbled, trying not to give birth to the laugh forming in her throat.

“Come on…” teased Regan, squeezing Selena affectionately. “Hellkitten needs to preen her sister! BLEH!”
“No!” groaned Selena as she felt the tickling of her older companion.
“Come on, Snowy Owl!” Regan tried. “Give in to the cuddling! BLEH! BLEH! BLEH!”

The laugh burst out of Selena, flowing out of her lips as she rolled into Regan’s form, letting the Hellcat hold her and comfort her. The laughter rode on for a few moments, almost cleansing to the platinum-blonde, until the two re-settled against the wall, Regan still holding Selena.

“We’re going to be okay.” Regan whispered to her, leaning in to kiss Selena’s temple. “That’s something I can promise you. No matter what, we’re going to be okay.”
Selena, slowly, nodded her head, gulping a little. “And you’ll always love me?” she asked, her voice shaking every so slightly.

“Of course I will.” Regan smiled, squeezing Selena moreso. “Long as you can stand me.”
Selena nodded. “That will be for a very long time, sister.” She whispered. 

The two sat like that until David found them, ever the gentleman and knocking on the door and waiting to receive permission from Regan before entering. For Selena, she no longer knew where she fit in with Regan and her world of issues and dreams. Would she even be considered for this continuing war with Tommy or would she be, as she feared, forgotten and cast aside, deemed ‘unimportant’ by those she loved.

She wasn’t sure, and no amount of reassurance from Regan would ever entirely remove that doubt. But, Selena quietly vowed, if this was how things would end – if she was going to be forgotten and cast aside… then she was going to enjoy every moment she had left with her sister.

Neither she or Regan deserved anything less than that…

[Image: tetXUW1.jpg]

The camera fades in to the interior of the Roger's Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, the site of the first of SCW's two-night event dubbed “Fatal Fortunes”. An event where, over the course of two Breakdown episodes, all matches will be decided at complete random, from the combatants, to the stipulations to even the titles/contenderships (where applicable) being on the line. Promoted every year as the night where “destiny can be altered by fate”, this event has always intrigued the SCW Universe, everyone tuning in to see how things will go. Will they see their favourite superstar get the “lucky chance”? Will they see their “dream match”? 

As the camera shot takes in the empty seats of the arena and the ring, already properly set up, the sight of a woman sitting in the middle of the ring, cross-legged is observed. The shot changes to one closer to ringside, where the woman, known by many names, including The Snow Queen, can be clearly seen. Her hair is in its iconic braid and she wears a pair of denim jeans, black running shoes and a lovely, soft blue shirt that fades to white towards the bottom, with sleeves the billow out towards her wrist and leaves the top of her shoulders bare.

Taking a deep breath, Selena Frost slowly opens her eyes, granting her generous audience a smile as she greets them.

I don't think that I will ever fully comprehend these nights, to be honest.

The young woman offers a shrug before tilting her head, though the playfulness in her smile and voice does not fade. It's not that I don't get the reason for the excitement and joy for these next two shows. That I can easily comprehend and get behind! I mean, it's like the advertisement says! A spin of the wheel? A toss of the coin? Fate decides how the nights will go... you could become a champion or find your path forever altered heading towards Taking Hold of the Flame – heading towards Rise to Greatness!

No, these two nights are meant to be full of excitement and I can definitely understand that! Personally, I've never had my fate 'altered' whenever I've been part of this, but...
she chuckles a little, unable to hide the shiver of excitement that courses through her. I'm still excited! Maybe it will happen this year! Maybe I will be part of something path-changing! Maybe, when it is my name that is brought up, it will serve to cement my path, whatever it is...

Because, to be honest, I am not entirely sure what that path is.
The platinum-blonde releases a soft sigh as she reaches up to tug at her french-braid. Between what I feel is my duty to SCW and what my heart wants me to go – they seem to be in two different directions. My duty tells me that I need to continue to bring the fight to the Beauty Factory.

Yes, once again, that lot of cowards continue to do what they do best – and despite what Sienna Swann tweets and re-tweets or whatever Glory Braddock continues to hashtag like it's going out of style – it isn't “win”.
Selena shakes her head. If that were true, then Sienna wouldn't have needed Bree to do what she couldn't do at Retribution and Glory Braddock wouldn't need excuses when dealing with me, same as Bree Lancaster whenever she utters my name. If all they did was “win. Win. Win.” as they declare, then where Jordan Majors would have nothing to talk about, rather than that career-making moment where she spiked Sienna onto the mat!

No... what the Beauty Factory does best is make excuses as they break the rules. As they ambush. As they disrespect what SCW stands for.
Selena shrugs. Didn't I call it? Didn't I say that Bree would interfere? That a 'fair match' was too much to ask for when it came to that pack? And the thing is, if we were really so insignificant to them as they declared we are. If we were really people that 'didn't matter' as Bree would love to say throughout every promo, then why would she even need to make an appearance? Why would she need to be involved? I mean, you had Chris Cannon, Sienna Swann, and Glory Braddock against Selena Frost, Ace Marshall, and Asher Hayes – a team that, according to Glory, would NEVER be able to match up to the 'perfect chemistry' of Beauty Factory. Would never be as good as The Beauty Factory...

So, if that were so, why did they need you, Bree? If they were so 'good', why did they need your help to get the job done? If we are mere specks compared to your shining radiance?

Biting her lower lip, Selena shakes her head as she gets to her feet. The reason is simple, Bree. Glory. It's because when push came to shove, just like at Cold Blooded. Just like when you and I faced, Bree – no matter how hard the lot of you hit, and you do hit hard. No matter what you throw at us, what you say about us... we keep getting back up. We keep fighting and we keep defending what S-C-W truly stands for.

Face it, girls. You can declare up and down such things as you “let me win” or that my “wins don't count” or whatever excuses you wish to declare, but the difference between your wins and mine? I didn't need anyone holding my hand to get them. I didn't need anyone standing in my corner, Bree. I didn't need anyone attacking my opponents, Glory. I got up and I kept fighting because I had to. Because I did not want to fail myself or fail SCW by losing to your standards!

And while you can declare, Bree, that you've 'turned away' all challengers for the titles you've held, the only way you've 'turned me away'? Is by opening your mouth and declaring that same garbage week after week, month after month. That you 'let me win'. The only way you've 'proven yourself', Glory, against me is by the way you've slammed against me. By needing someone's help, by pinning someone else.

With another shake of her head, Selena walks around the ring, running a pale hand along the ropes.

I am pulled by my duty to to focus on the pair of you, whether fortune takes me that way or not. Because I am so tired of hearing you talk of 'dominance' while having nothing on me, Bree. I am sick of hearing about being 'the best' by you and Glory and yet you can't seem to go a round with me without either losing and making up an excuse, or having someone pave the way for a victory – taking shortcuts.

Do you two have any idea how much I want to be beaten cleanly?

A laugh escapes the Snow Queen's lips.

You know what? I wish that would happen to me tonight or next week in New Mexico. I wish that I could have a decent, clean match with one of you or someone on the SCW roster, whether I win or lose! Because I would love to be pushed to my limits and beaten, like what happened with Owen Cruze and even Xander Valentine. Times where I was either outwrestled or outlasted. Because then I could learn from it. Push myself to do more. Become more. But no, I have to constantly deal with people unable to accept defeat from me and make excuses or cheap ploys and I have to settle for that and shallow loses that tell me nothing beyond what I already know about you lot. 

And like I said, I am sick of it. Because this is supposed to be “Supreme Wrestling”, not some sick game of how many people can I pay or bribe to do what I want and buy my way to success!

Stopping at the turnbuckle, Selena leans against it, crossing her arms over her chest. And you can scoff off the reality all you want, girls. “Oh, we don't care”, “It doesn't matter what other people say”. Yeah, I believe that about as much as I believe you're a credible world champion, Bree. Which is not at all. Because if you didn't care what other people thought, you wouldn't have talked about it nonstop in that promo of yours. If you didn't care what the world said, Glory, neither you or Bree would need excuses against me. Things would just be as they are. 

I'm talking about this because I do care. I care about how this company is represented. I care about how the championships are represented. And we both know, Bree, Glory, that when it comes to me and the others that keep getting back up regardless of how much you and your group try and knock us down, that you care too. You care because people like me? People like Ace and Asher and Jake? 

We can knock you off your perch. We have the heart and the passion to be better than the supposed "best" that you offer.

Face it, Bree. You're on borrowed time with both those championships and you know it. Take it from someone that's seen your limits and overcame them, whether you will admit it or not. You couldn't beat me when you were defending one title. But you expect me to believe that you'll 'properly and fairly' defend the two biggest titles in SCW?

Heh...nothing you say or do would ever make me believe that.

Selena shakes her head as she pushes herself off the turnbuckle. And if fate seems fit to put my duty first and place me in either your way or in your way, Glory, you can rest assured that I am going to prove all of that. Whether it's this week or next week or the weeks that follow towards Taking Hold of the Flame and Rise to Greatness, I am going to continue to be the thorn in your sides, exposing the lot of you as the frauds you are by being the example you, seemingly, can never be!

THAT is my duty to SCW...

Stopping near the middle of the ring, Selena does shrug a little as she gazes at the mat. But there is also the matter of where my heart wants to go. And I'll admit, right now, it isn't towards the United States Championship or the World Championship. Do not get me wrong, if that is where I end up, I will fight with all my heart and all I believe to give SCW what Bree has failed over and over again to deliver: a match devoid of controversy. A champion that does not require an army to stand tall.

But my heart...
she reaches up to place a hand over her heart. It's not wanting, praying, or asking fate for that. You know, it's funny. A couple of months ago, I was declared a 'gold-whore'. Someone that didn't care what title she got, as long as she got a title. I countered and said that it was because I saw the value in every championship, the potential in every title match and opportunity, that I would take any opportunity. Because they were so rare for me. You don't see me fighting for a title very often, do you? Maybe once so far this year? Compared to someone like Kandis and Tommy Valentine?

And yet, here I am, with my heart wanting fate to give me one more chance with my sister for the tag-team titles.

Biting her lower lip, Selena shrugs her shoulders. I'm being selfish, I know. I'm being selfish and greedy and...and... she sighs. And I don't know what else I'm being. 

But there is one thing that I am not being or going to be. I am not going to be simply a 'bystander' in all of this. I am not going to just be an 'accessory' to what is happening to my sister!

Clenching her jaw, Selena turned her sapphire-blue eyes to the camera. Yeah, Tommy. This is to you, specifically. Because I'm not just 'part of the equation' like Kandis is in all of this. I'm not just someone that's there 'just because'. I'm part of this as much as Regan is and as much as David is. Know why? Because Regan is my family, too. Regan is my sister, whether you want to lambaste that or not, I don't give a damn!

And, personally? I'm sick and tired of having to see her have to deal with you because your reality is something that you can't seem to deal with.

Yeah, okay. Regan insulted your girlfriend. Called her a number of names that, maybe, were a bit out of line. You expect me to believe that you endangering her career – you endangering her life – by getting involved in her match with Xander was because of that?! You expect me to believe that you, a veteran, a hall of fame wrestler were SO upset with a few words that you just had to try and ruin that woman's life by trying to hurt her and get her husband on your side?

A 'pfft' sound escapes Selena as the Snow Queen stands in the middle of the ring.

You are not fooling anyone, Tommy. I'd believe the crap coming from Bree and Glory before I believe what you're spewing. Let's face it. This isn't over some insults. This isn't over some poorly-choiced words. Hell, I've put my foot in my mouth several times throughout my life. Just check my Twitter. This isn't about that. 

This is about you being surpassed yet again. 

You know, for a time, I actually believed that what you were preaching about “preserving the tag-team division”. Keeping it at a standard that you knew about better than anyone. A part of me actually believed that. Part of me actually could see why you would feel that way. You've lived most of your career in that division. You've defined it in so many ways. 

But that's just it, isn't it? Tag-team wrestling defines Tommy Valentine. His time in Next Level. His time with David Helms...

Except David Helms is not just tag-team wrestling. David Helms is a mentor, a trainer, a teacher, a legend, a singles wrestler, an icon... he can and does stand alone, his time with you, important as it was, only a part of his career.

Selena's eyes narrow. He surpassed you, Tommy. And it eats you up inside, doesn't it? I sent Dean Black after him when you two collided at Cold Blooded backstage... but I was there, just around the corner. I heard so much of the crap you were spewing about 'being better than him'.

Who are you kidding? 

This whole thing has been because you can't stand the Helms family surpassing you. You can't stand another Helms achieving something you couldn't do. Another Helms being better than you. 

But what you don't get?
Selena shakes her head. Regan already is better than you, Tommy. Regan already has done so much more, been part of so much more than you. While we fought against the likes of the Wonderland, and the Beauty Network/Factory, and Infamous, where were you? While she was defying expectations and having match of the year candidates, where were you? 

This? Those tag-team titles? You're not holding onto them to 'save the division'. You're not holding onto to them to 'set a standard'. You're clinging onto them for dear life because they are all you have left. The only thing you have against her and the Helms. The only thing you can use to hide your head in the sand and keep telling yourself that you are 'better than the Helms family'.

But the thing is, it's only a matter of time before Regan buries the rest of you with that damned head of yours. And maybe I've shot myself in the foot by talking about the Helms family when I am a Frost... but... this once... I am hoping my heart wins over my duty. Because I want to be the one that stands with Regan as she leaves you in the dust where your bitterness belongs. I want to be the one that helps her achieve the dream that she deserves. The dream you're terrified to see come to fruition!

Selena takes a deep breath before shrugging her shoulders. I'm not going to promise a 'result'. I'm not going to be so arrogant as to say 'the choices won't matter any which way'. But whether it's my duty or my heart that wins fate's attention from here and onward, I will embrace it fully. I will embrace it and give it everything I have. That, I can promise all of the SCW Universe... I can promise that to Bree, Glory and the rest of the Beauty Factory, and I can promise it to you, Tommy.

Because whether fate sets me up or knocks me down... you all can be damn sure that fate will never conquer me. And if I'm knocked down in the weeks to come? Well...

A knowing smile on her face and a gleam in Selena's eyes precede her final words. You can all watch me just get right back up again. Believe it! As the camera fades slowly to black.