Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Jake Starr vs. Regan Street
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, May 19, 2020
After being blindsided by my parents, and my sister, too, feeling ambushed by them, the tension between my sister and I was awful. We both ended up getting to our rooms and then making it to our event, but there was minimal contact or conversation. We both had our own business to worry about, and unfortunately I feel like my parents showing up caused us both to come up short on where we both had hoped to finish. I didn't know how it effected her, but it was on my mind the whole night. When she didn't succeed either, I was even more worried. I didn't know how to approach her, how to talk to her, or even what her feelings were on the situation as a whole, since she had just failed to keep her accolades.

As the event ended, I wanted to find her and clear the air. I didn't know if she blamed me, or blamed our parents even, but I knew that the situation was weighing heavily on me, and I assumed the same to her. So as people left the venue, I ended up standing outside the backdoor. I saw people coming and going, and finally my sister emerged.

As Jordan exits the arena, she catches a glance of a man in her peripheral. Upset at losing her Adrenaline Championship, she didn't care who it was, and simply wanted to get out of the building. She keeps walking but quickly notices the person walking toward her. She can tell by the gait that it's her elder brother, and she just stops, and sighs and a scowl on her face.

Jordan Majors: What do you fucking want?

Jake approaches and gets right within normal speaking range, and responds.

Jake Starr: It's good to see you, too...

Jordan Majors: Shut up with the cocky, dick, persona. I'm not in the fucking mood. You didn't really kickstart my day in the best way.

Jake Starr: Well that statement alone tells me that we obviously have something to talk about, then, don't we?

Jordan Majors: I'm going to be honest, I really don't think we have anything to discuss. You fucking blindside me with YOUR fucking parents to try and make amends, and you think I magically want to talk about something you shouldn't have involved yourself in?

Jake gets right in front of her with a stern look on his face.

Jake Starr: You're Goddamn right. For one, I don't know where you get your facts from, but they may fall under the premise of "fake news."

Jordan Majors: Fuck off...

Jake Starr: No... You don't get to brush something off that you have NO idea about. You can be pissed about losing, and yeah, you can be pissed that you were blindsided, but don't you fucking start making accusations that you don't have a fucking clue about.

Jordan Majors: Then enlighten me, older, wiser, knowitall, brother of mine... Tell me what I'm fucking wrong about...

The defiance she approached me with definitely triggered my desire to "fight back." Being challenged and accused is something that I can't stop from getting defensive about, it doesn't matter who is doing it. It's not my best trait, but it is what it is. I will say, though, in this situation I knew I had to calm the defenses, but be blunt and honest. I couldn't let her continue to misunderstand the situation, and push blame on me, when it was minimal blame at best.

Jake Starr: Stop... Just stop with this pissed off, "I'm blaming Jake," accusation with me. Firstly, you need to understand something clear as fucking crystal. So I want your defenses down, and your undivided attention...

Jordan Majors: Jesus, talk about making me feel like I'm back in elementary school...

Jake Starr: The way you're acting, and what you're saying, sorry, it's just what I need from you...

She sighs.

Jordan Majors: Fine... I'm listening...

Jake Starr: First, I'm not responsible for our parents...

Jordan Majors: ... YOUR parents...

Jake Starr: Whatever... I'm not responsible for them being here.

Jordan smirks.

Jordan Majors: Really? I'm supposed to believe that? I'm supposed to believe you didn't want them there to try and make us one big happy family?

Jake Starr: YES! YES YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT!

Jordan Majors: Fuck that...

Jake Starr: Shut up, Jordan, and fucking listen... I had just checked in and they came out of that restaurant blindsiding me, too. I didn't know a Goddamn thing about them showing up. I didn't know they even traveled to watch us perform. They NEVER fucking do that unless I ask...

Jordan Majors: And HERE they are! Just like you'd ask...

Jake Starr: Or maybe I didn't know know a damn thing!

Jordan Majors: If you didn't, then why didn't you let me know? Why not forewarn me?

Jake Starr: You obviously didn't see me very well, did you? I had my luggage still with me. I had just checked the fuck in, and they caught me off guard. They were blunt about what they wanted, and on top of it, I was blunt in my response.

Jordan Majors: Uh huh...

Jake Starr: It's true, Jordan. I won't bullshit you. They fucking wanted me to get involved in fixing the relationship between you and them.

Jordan Majors: See?

Jake Starr: Jordan, let me finish... They wanted me to facilitate some kind of meeting and I refused. I refused because of a very serious reason...

Jordan Majors: You knew I'd say no?

Jake Starr: No... I said no because it's not my place. I said no because I didn't know any story of why anything went down the way it did. You see, when you came to me and we connected, I didn't run to them. I didn't go ask for the story of why you weren't brought up alongside me when you were born. I don't know SHIT about that past. So the last fucking thing I'm going to do is try and get in the middle of it.

Jordan Majors: Right...

Jake Starr: Jordan, I am right! Whatever the backstory, that's not my place to jump into, nor try and remedy. Quite honestly, I want to stay as far as I fucking can away from it. The fact is, you and them have a history that I don't need to be a part of, or interfere in. I don't have any place trying to involve myself in. I am not going to be the go between between you and them. I'm not passing messages, and I'm not going to be some mediator in mending your relationship. I don't give a fuck if you make up because my focus is on something much more selfish than that...

Jordan Majors: Of course you do. Everything you do is fucking selfish...

Jake Starr: Everything? Jordan I mean that my main focus is my relationship with my sister. Not her relationship with others. Why do you think I let you befriend whoever you want. I may not like them, but I don't sit there and tell you that you have to be friends with someone or else. My focus is on the fact you sought me out to give you advice when you could have just fucking shown up and done your thing. You could have never told me we were related. Shit, when you debuted, they didn't even tell me who you were. They didn't acknowledge it until we did on TV, and I fucking told them I didn't want to know the whys or anything. I just wanted to focus on what we got to learn about one another.

Jordan Majors: Then, seriously, why were they there? What do they want?

Jake Starr: Honestly, I don't know. I didn't ask. I don't want to know. I don't care. You and them have your own business to tend to, and not one bit of it involves me. You and them have to figure out what and when you're doing anything together, if and when that even happens. It's not my place to be a part of it, Jordan. I'm not your middle man. I'm sorry you saw what you saw, and it was interpreted in the way it was. The fact is, I told them that if they wanted to do anything they needed to nut up. Not me... I've honored my promises to you all along. I didn't come back and say "hey everyone, I'm her brother." I let you build your legacy. I promised not to get involved in your career unless it was necessary. I promised not to make it about "our family," and I'm not. But I also promised you and myself that I would be the brother I should have been all along, and that means supporting you and your career, just like I do mine. I promised you to be my equal, and not my underling.

Jordan stands there silent. Jake continues.

Jake Starr: ... So if you want to mad at me, if you want to be pissed at me about that, then by all means, do so. Hate me for it. I don't care. I'm not going to apologize for something I DID do willing. I also am not going to apologize for something I didn't have anything to do with. What I should have done, though, is follow you and get this sorted before we both went out here and came up short. So for that, yeah, I'm sorry. But for them being here, and blindsiding us both, and refusing to be a part of their "mending" plan, I'm not apologetic for that. So if you want to hold some of this against me, for caring about you and your success, get your jollies. I'm not stopping. If you're going to accept that I didn't do anything to cause us both to have too much shit on our minds tonight, then we can move forward. I'm leaving it up to you, though. I'm going to be there for you, regardless. I'm not going to play games with our parents and you. That's not my place. I love my sister. That's my job. It's your job if you want to have anything to do with them...

Jordan Majors: I... I...

Jordan takes a big huff of a breath and just decides to frustratingly walk by Jake. Jake doesn't impede her progress and lets her walk on. He walks off in the opposite direction, feeling he's spoken his mind, and it's on his sister to accept or decline Jake's apologies and explanations. He knows he can't force her, nor would he try to do so. It's her right to decide, and he wants to give it to her.

I honestly had a feeling she would go from angry to confused. I also knew I couldn't put pressure on her to have an answer or anything immediately. I knew she was still frustrated about her lack of success, on top of the fact our parents got into both of our heads. Personally, I think she will come around. I think we will be able to move forward, but I also think she has a lot on her mind with our parents showing up. I don't know the story. I don't know why she wasn't raised with me. I also know it's not my business, and I have to let them sort it out. It's their place, as a whole, to figure everything out and then discuss it with me. It's not my place to pick a side and try and fix the world. It's my job to support my sister, be someone she can rely on to watch her back. And if that's what I have to do now, then that's what I have to do, until we can come back to an understanding and remove the animosity from the two of us.

--------------------

Jake Starr: Man... Talk about expectations not being what I thought they would be. When I came back to SCW, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know if anyone would care. I didn't know if Jake Starr meant anything in this business anymore. I wondered if fans cared, and I wondered if I could even do what I used to do in the past. The fact is, I didn't want to be those guys and girls who have outwaited their welcome, and ultimately lost whatever legacy they had built for themselves. So when I walked out there and I heard that crowd at Taking Hold of the Flame, I felt something I never expected. I felt love. I felt passion. I felt the desire to see Jake Starr perform. I felt a group of people who were there saying, "hey, we believe you still have that 'it' factor."

It meant the world to me. It meant everything to know that the people I walked out to that ring, risked life and limb for, and desired to entertain still had a place in their mind and their heart for some old, grisled, veteran like myself. It meant a lot, like I said. But then I went out there and I didn't know what I did, how I did it, or what was different, but I made it further in the battle royal than I had in my entire SCW career. Hell, I almost won the whole thing. I was a legit contender. I don't know if it was because I took some time away and was rested, if I fed off of the crowd, or if I was just that ready, but I walked out there and I impressed the world. I continued doing so for several months. I showed the world that Jake Starr was back, Jake Starr was ready, and Jake Starr could compete.

But then... Expectations...

A lot of things started sneaking into my mind. I started expecting what I used to expect. I started to think about everything being handed to me. I didn't demand. But in my head, I expected it to be there. This time around, a lot of the time, it was there. The problem was, I wasn't taking it as seriously as I used to. I fell back on that "old me" mentality and just figured that I would be able to walk out there and just get anything I wanted, or felt I deserved. And the thing is, reality was still what it was even from back in the day. I didn't get what I THOUGHT I deserved, but instead what I ACTUALLY deserved. That means those losses, those moments where I came up short, all of them. Every time I thought I was turning my corner, I fell short. Pay-per views, Breakdowns, Fatal Fortunes, granted I had a walking C of a partner, I still came up short.

This was something that made me start to feel the negativity, the anger, the disgust, the everything, for this business that led me to going away and letting it destroy me as a person. That feeling was beginning to stir, and after what I went through, I knew I couldn't let me own me again. I knew I couldn't be "that guy" anymore. I couldn't walk around thinking I was tough shit, when I couldn't escape demons that were haunting me all over again. I knew I had to do something different. I knew I couldn't just go out there and say the right words, act a different way, or anything like that. I had to admit defeat. I had to accept defeat. I had to accept that I am someone who isn't immune but just as susceptible as anyone to facing losing streaks. I mean, who truly hasn't had a downslide? Yeah, there are a few. Yeah SCW has some outliers. But let's look at the grand scheme of the superstars who have graced those hallways... Everyone has faced a spell of negativity that outweighed the positivity.

I had to quit thinking I was different, or one of the few... Yeah, there was a time I was out there winning match after match, title after title, but have you listened to me? I've never stopped acknowledging that I was someone who just was "the best" and if anyone denied it, I acted holier than thou. So like I said, I have had to accept the truth. I have had to accept that Jake Starr may have the love and support of the people, they may feel like Jake Starr is still a number one contender for everything in Supreme Championship Wrestling, but that is the fan inside them, just like it's the fan inside me. It's the fan of the guy I became here. It's the fan of how I changed the business and made it something that it hadn't been in the past, and in turn, did so much, in so little time, that nobody expected, anticipated, or knew how to handle. Since then, others have done the same. SCW continues to evolve. SCW continues to become the BENCHMARK of what IS and IS NOT the best of the best in the industry of professional wrestling. If anyone is going to succeed, they can't just claim they're going to "evolve with the times." They can't say "oh I'll reinvent myself." They have to do something bigger and GREATER than that...

They have to become a BETTER version of themselves!

Jake sighs.

That's where I've failed the most. At Taking Hold of the Flame, I laid groundwork for just that. I laid groundwork to be a better version of Jake Starr than I had ever been. Instead of harnessing it, though, like I said, I took it for granted. I never became what I laid the groundwork for. So I have to realize that I have to start from that foundation up. I can't just jump back into the deep end and act like I can just get back up on the horse I've forgotten to ride. Instead... I have to take a step to rebuild a foundation that I let myself destroy, and I have to do it one moment at a time. These moments don't have to be in the ring, they don't have to be outside. They can be anywhere. They can be whatever.

But they have to start somewhere... And in this case, it needs to start inside the ring...

Now for once, I'm walking into Breakdown with a situation where I'm in a new position. Time and time again I've walked into matches with SCW's legend, Regan Street, and she and I have tried to see who would out insult one another. We would go into matches and try and make it as personal as possible. From me insulting David, during my time of darkness, to her just hatred of me from the get-go, we never held back. But times have changed. People have changed. She and I may not be ones to send Christmas cards back and forth, call one another on birthdays, or hug when we see each other backstage, but we have taken time to speak and put the past behind us. We have agreed that there are bigger things in life than what we made them, and we agreed to move forward. It was something we both felt was necessary, and with David and I mending our relationship, I couldn't be around shitting on his wife on a personal basis.

Honestly... Making those amends truly was something I needed as a person. It wasn't about the business. It wasn't about befriending her. It was about me apologizing for my actions and asking for the opportunity to move forward from them. She was initially skeptical, but yeah, it's gone from there. We aren't on "speaking" terms, but I respect her. I respect everything she's done. I respect what she stands for and I respect everything she represents in this industry. I mean, truly, how couldn't I? Everything I've said in the past, how could anyone take it seriously? I've made her out to be a nobody in this business, and she is AS TALENTED, if not MORE TALENTED than I am. She'd done so much to prove herself to the entire wrestling world and I walked out here and acted like none of it matter.

For fuck's sake... I called her a "transition champion," because I was fucking bitter...

Regan... That you are not...

As we walk into Breakdown, Regan, we walk in with a completely different mindset toward one another. I don't look at you as my enemy. Hell, I don't look at you as an adversary. I definitely don't see you as my equal. Why? Because you are the CHAMPION and I'm the one who SCW has given an opportunity to TRY and dethrone you...

If you didn't hear that... YOU'RE THE CHAMPION!

Walking into Breakdown, I don't see where I got lucky enough to get this opportunity, but regardless, it's there and it's in my sight. It being there puts us on a collision course for the first time in quite a while, and truly we get to put this new found respect for each other on the line. We get to see if we are true in what we stood there in that garage and spoke about. We get to see if we can move forward, face each other like professionals, not resort to trying to murder one another, and accept that there is a title on the line in the process. I, for one, feel confident we can. Why? Because I am not walking into this match looking at you as beneath me. I am not looking at you as someone who doesn't deserve to hold a championship over me. The fact is... You're the fucking HELLCAT of SCW. You're Regan FUCKING Street. You've done damn near everything, if not everything, in your SCW career. You've faced the best of all time, and Jesus... You've basically beaten them all. I don't know who you HAVEN'T beaten. That alone tells me that I have to walk into this match and realize that Regan Street is a champion for a damn reason.

She's that, damn, good!

This is why I have to look at this match, title or not, in a different way. I can't look at it as Regan and I fighting again, and wanting to kill one another. I can't look at it as Regan Street, the woman I knew back in the day. Right now, I have to treat her as if she's someone I've never faced off against in this scenario. Why? Because she's still at the top of her game. She's still competing for titles, and rightfully so. SCW could be throwing me to the wolves, as prey for Regan, or they could be doing this to hope that it reboots my fledgling career as of late. I don't know, and I can't speculate. All I can do is appreciate the opportunity that I'm walking into Breakdown to fight a champion. Title on the line or not, title "name" irrelevant... I am appreciative that I have a chance to go out there and do something with my career.

Regan... That's how I see this... I don't see you as my past. I don't see you as a stepping stone for my future. What I see you as is the SCW Television Champion who is putting her title on the line against a two-time former champion. Does that give me an edge? No... It just is a fact. You're someone who has walked into EVERY match we have had, opposing one another, with an advantage. You've ALWAYS beaten me. You've ALWAYS beaten Jake Starr. You've always bested me, and rightfully so. But this is 2020. This is a day where anything is possible. I mean, look at the world we live in. You don't know what is happening day to day. So while I know you have been the superior wrestler, the one who has EARNED every win, this is my chance to rebuild a foundation and rebuild starting point in letting Jake Starr, letting ME, become something better than I have been before. Not just in the ring, but as a person. I don't say this and imply you're some kind of stepping stone or easy win. You're nothing of the sorts. You're nothing like that. You're Regan Street. You're a champion. You're someone who has shown me that my "normal" self isn't able to beat you.

So here's hoping for something better...

Here's hoping I can walk out there and give you a fight of your life, and make you look me in the eye and respect me on a new level...

In the end, that'd be a major win. To be looked at by someone as sensational and relevant as you as someone deserving respect, then I will walk out of there a winner. Do I want a championship? Who doesn't? But right now, I'm trying to lay groundwork and respect that foundation so I can truly do what is needed to be done in SCW in 2020. If I can... If I succeed in even PART of that... Then maybe it's time for Jake Starr to continue that making of myself BETTER. In the end, though, it takes two to tango. That means I need the best Regan Street there is. I need the CHAMPION to bring her all. I need the woman who has OWNED me inside that ring to bring her best so that regardless of the win or loss, maybe, just maybe, I walk out of there with a new level of respect. And on top of it all, if Jake Starr goes out there and is better than he ever has been, maybe, again JUST MAYBE, I walk out as a three time Television Champion.

So I hope we are both ready. I hope we are both ready to give the fans a show, a fight, and a battle between warriors who are aiming to prove themselves as dominant. This match gives us both a level of bragging rights because of who we both are. This title... Let's be real... It's a title of endurance. It takes someone willing to ALWAYS be on the ready to defend. I know you're never hiding from a battle, and you never turn down a fight. But to defend a championship week in and week out is something that takes a toll mentally. It's one of those things that I can speak from experience on. So one of us will carry that burden. Will it be you? Will it be me?

Hellcat, or Social Misfit?

Breakdown decides... We decide... One gladiator emerges, and rightfully so...
OOC: Another RP I loved, Enjoy and always a pleasure Ian.

The Views Expressed by “The Hellcat” Regan Street Are That of Her Own and Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

[Image: regan2020rp.png]

(Click Title)