Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Kandis & Tommy Valentine vs. Blake Mason & Owen Cruze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW World Tag Team Championship

4 RP Limit for tag

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, May 19, 2020
OK, my effort for this one. Guests as always appear with my thanks and of course permission

Going back a little bit in time for this one to prior to Cold Blooded

Enjoy, and good luck guys

OWEN #65
J. Ash. Suppose this is a trilogy for us. Good luck. Fun as always. 
==

05/14/2020

Last night was incredible and amazing all in one. Blake walked into the night not knowing what to fully expect. All he knew he was going to compete. What happened to start Breakdown was beyond anything Blake could hope for, him and Owen Cruze walked away the brand spanking new Tag Team Champions of the World. Some would argue under dodgy circumstances, Blake Mason didn't care. Being a champion is one of the perks of being a professional wrestler. Why complain? It was no surprise that Blake celebrated his first championship win since late 2016. Not at a club like the old days. Or with his ex-wife/woman he assumes hates his guts. A bottle of champagne was the furthest he went capping off the brilliant night.

The next morning however...

Kelsai Adamson-Mason stood outside of Blake's hotel suite with her husband Victor by her side. Victor didn't travel to SCW events very often. Kelsai's huge International Championship match with Dustin Adams was the next day in Dallas, Texas. It was easier for Victor to accompany Kelsai to New Mexico  where Breakdown was. Hop on the jet to fly the short distance to Dallas, Texas where Resurrection weekend was being held.

Kelsai excitedly knocks on the door. “Big brother!”

Victor places his hand on Kelsai's shoulders. “Maybe we should have called first?”

Undeterred, Kelsai reminds her husband, “You know as well as I do Blake is an early riser. He has to be up.”

Knowing this to be true, Victor half smirks. “Fair point. Still would have been prudent to call first?”

Kelsai looks into her husband's caring eyes. “He didn't pick up the phone.”

“He could be sleeping.” Victor cautions.

Kelsai shrugs, “Doubt it.”

Victor takes the lead this time. He knocks on Blake's room door. Kelsai joins in. Their persistence pays off.  Jaxson Sullivan is the one who opens the door. He steps to the side, letting Blake's brother and his sister in law inside of his room. Just as Kelsai suspected, Blake is sitting on a plush black couch. He has a pair of earbuds that are coming from an Ipad. On the Ipad he is looking at footage of the match he competed in last night. Kelsai and Victor shoot each other a knowing look. Of course their brother wasn't going to waste any time trying to get a leg up in the event he was going to meet Kandis and Thomas again. Makes sense. The night previous, Xander Valentine made an unexpected appearance. Couldn't count on The Executioner unleashing his brand of chaos a second time around. Blake looks over his shoulder to notice his family in the room. He presses pause on the footage. Removes the earbuds from his ears.  

“Hey!” Blakes says welcoming them.

Kelsai walks over to Blake, giving him a great big hug. Blake hugs her back. Victor stands there proud of how far two of his favorite people in the world have come.

“You should come and join me and Victor for breakfast.” Kelsai says.

Releasing her grip from Blake, he is finally able to give Kelsai an answer. “There is no time for that, Kelsai. Need to be prepared.”

“Breakfast is the most important meal of the deal.” she reminds him.

Blake fires back, “Whoever said that Kelsai wasn't one half of the SCW World Tag Team Champions. And besides; brunch exists for a reason. I'll be fine. You and Victor can enjoy the sights and sounds of New Mexico without me. Not like there is much to do here. I appreciate the offer. Sorry. Duty calls.”

Kelsai and Victor collectively look at Jaxson.

The big man shrugs his shoulders. “I tried.”

Victor walks over to Jaxson. Digging into his pocket he hands Jaxson his black card. “Order room service. Tell the hotel to bill it to me.” Victor winks.

Jaxson nods. Takes Victor's card and walks off into another room to place the order.

Blake watched all this go down. He shakes his head. “Guys! Everything is fine! You didn't need to do that, Vic.”

Victor walks back over to where his brother is sitting. Taking a seat on the couch next to him, he casually responds. “You would have done the same thing. Blake, I'm proud of what you accomplished, last night was incredible. You and Owen becoming tag team champions was a symbol of the power of forgiveness. To think a few years ago you piledrove him. Fought him in a match at Rise to Greatness. In a few months you are going to be his father in law? An inspirational story if you ask me.”

“Exactly!!” Kelsai says with a smile on her face.

Blake takes a moment to ponder the powerful words Victor dropped on him. He pats his brother on the leg. “Nice speech, Vic. Seriously, I am not doing this to inspire anyone. Me and Owen took advantage of an opportunity. That's all. On to the next challenge. Knowing Kandis and Thomas well enough, they are not going to let what happened last night go. It's important to course correct any mistakes I made. Call Owen up later. Formulate a game plan. Clear the deck of Jackass, Big Ass when the time comes.”

“Or--” Victor pats his brother on the shoulder. “You can remember you are an actual human being and eat.”

“Me? Human?” Blake chuckles. “Highly questionable.” he finishes his thought with a smirk on his face.

Kelsai decides to sit down on the opposite side of Blake. She takes the Ipad away from him. Sets it down so Blake can't easily reach it. Blake goes to reach for the Ipad, it is of little use.

“Relax Big Brother. You got this. Don't stress over what may or may not happen. What is important right now is you are with family. Oh. There is one thing I need to ask, please don't say no.” Kelsai says.

Blake leans back into the couch preparing himself for the question Kelsai has been worked up to ask him from the moment she woke up.

“Come to Dallas with me and Victor. Going to be a huge night for our family! We really want you to be there!”

Victor rises to his feet. He walks over to where his wife is sitting on the couch. Blake's younger brother makes it a point to hold his wife's hand in a show of solidarity.

Blake looks into Victor's eyes.

Then Kelsai's.

Folding his arms into his chest, Blake doesn't hesitate to respond. “Sure. I'll be there.”  

Unable to contain her excitement, Kelsai leaps on Blake, hugging him for dear life.

Victor isn't as reactive as his wife. The pleased expression on his face says it all.

He does get the sense that Blake may want a moment to breath. So he taps his wife on the shoulder. She instantly lets go. “Sorry. I'm so excited.”

Once Blake catches his breath, he is able to say. “There is no place I would rather be; this will be the perfect weekend when Lenore walks away STILL Global Champion. And you the International Champion. Sounds like a plan to me. Kelsai--”

Blake places his hand on her shoulder. “I am going to try my best to never let you down again. Being tag team champion with Owen is great. I wanted us to be champions. I was hoping fate would grant us another chance. There was a time I was uncomfortable with how highly you think of me. Most of my life I didn't consider myself a good person. There are days where that's still true. I never want anything I do to shatter the perception you hold of me. But now? Never thought I'd say this, Kelsai, I do want to be your hero.” Blake pinches her on the cheek.

“Silly, you'll always be one in my eyes.” Kelsai smiles.

Victor nods.

Blake smiles. “Good. Then it's settled. We'll leave in the morning. Not a long flight from here to Dallas. Should be able to make it there in more than enough time. For you two, I'll forgot brunch. Hope Jaxson doesn't screw up the order.”

5/16/2020

GCW Resurrection Night 1 was an interesting affair for the Mason family, both exciting and disappointing all in one. Kelsai became the International Champion FINALLY fending off a monster (Dustin Adams) who not only terrorized her but put Victor on the shelf for the foreseeable. Blake was delighted that Kelsai overcame her biggest challenge ever. The night wasn't one hundred positive for the Mason clan, he was disappointed to see Lenore lose her Global Championship to his “friend” Andrew Raynes. That's the thing, Blake didn't know where he stood with Andrew. Blake was obviously rooting for Lenore. Family has each others back. He opted to stay out of their disputes. Not much he can do competing for another company, he treated Kelsai's business with Dustin the same. Arms length. Least Victor and Sophie James were there to physically have Kelsai's back if need be. He was more at ease knowing Lenore had two workhorses like Ms. Budde and Jordan Jade to be there for his cousin, still wasn't enough to ease the pain of watching his cousin fall short in the main event. Blake woke up bright and early in a penthouse suite in Dallas, Texas. Rolling over to his right, he smiled as he gazes at the sight of Taylor Chase sleeping next to him. He is glad she made the trip. Didn't want to be without her. Rolling over to his left he saw his Iphone on the table. Against his better judgment he decided to open up the Twitter app. The first thing he say was...

Quote:Sienna Swann
@Sienna_Swann
If you ever lay your hands on my sister
@SierraSwann_GS
again, @Kelcey_Wallace, I’ll hurt you, that’s a promise.

--

Chris Cannon

@ChrisCannonSCW
·
May 16

Replying to

@Sienna_Swann

@SierraSwann_GS

and

@Kelcey_Wallace

What happened.

--

Sienna Swann

@Sienna_Swann
·
May 16

She busted her nose.

--

Chris Cannon

@ChrisCannonSCW
·
May 16

We’ll deal with it in due course.

Upon reading what couldn't be easy for Blake, he immediately places the Iphone back on the table. He slides his feet out of bed. Sits up. Rising to his feet he slowly walks towards the bathroom. Shutting the door behind him, he leans against the bathroom door. Taking a deep breath he mutters in frustration. “For Christsakes Kelcey! Assaulting Sierra? Jesus!!”

Blake bangs the back of his head against the door, twice. Not loud enough to wake Taylor up, he hopes. He exits the bathroom, heading back to the bed he grabs the white robe at the foot of the bed. Not wanting to disturb Taylor, Blake marches to the balcony to get some fresh air. Looking down at the street below did manage to calm the racing thoughts inside Blake's head little by little. Not completely. Had not decided whether he was going to speak to Kelcey about the incident, if he should. Kelcey is with Scott Cannon these days. He is the new man in her life. Navigating through this situation was his job.

Not Blake's.

Blake took one long satisfying deep breath.

Better?

Blake turned around, headed back in the room. Taylor Chase had woken up when Blake was out on the balcony. She was still in bed, her back leaning against the headboard. He waves at his future wife.

“Hope I didn't wake you!” Blake said.

Taylor exits the bed. She walks over to Blake wearing a matching black bra and panties ensemble. “Didn't sleep much to be fair. It was exhilarating being inside an arena again. I miss it more and more every day.”

“Taylor Chase entering Taking Hold of the Flame confirmed huh?” Blake winks. The last time Taylor made a shock appearance in a wrestling ring  was the EMERGE yacht battle royal where he tossed his name in the hat. She decided to as well. He wasn't mad. Just wasn't expecting his fiance to be one of the combatants he would have to contend with. He didn't last long enough for them to cross paths. All good.

“I promise IF I enter the battle royal you will be the first to know.” Taylor kisses Blake on the lips. “Changed your mind about Taking Hold of the Flame yet?”

He regrettably shakes his head. “At this rate, Tay. Stepping foot in any SCW arena is becoming more and more of a hassle. I keep waiting for the sand of the hourglass to finally fall completely to the bottom. It's coming, Taylor. Don't know how long I am going to be able to stay out of this.”

Blake grabs Taylor's hand. Exhausted he tells her, “Kelcey slapped Sierra Swann, it's all over Twitter. Sienna and Chris are threatening to handle this in due course.”

“Sierra probably needed the reality check.” Taylor smirks.

“Whether she does or doesn't is the point.” Blake sighs. “Violence begets more violence. Sienna and Chris have displayed neurotic tendencies for months now. Handing them any excuse in the book to unleash their fury is not a net positive. This is going to end badly. For someone. And the last thing Kelcey needs right now is giving Chris or Sienna the justification necessary to escalate this where someone is going to get hurt.”

“I won't shed a tear when it's Sienna and Chris.” Taylor shrugs.

“They can fade from existence for all I care. Again Taylor, not the point! There is more than one way to get justice. I don't want to get dragged into this.”

“We are going to have Kelcey's back.” Taylor firmly stated.

“Emotional support, yes. Beyond that we can't.” Blake squeezes Taylor's hand. “Hear me out. From the day I met Kelcey my life has in some way revolved around her. Most of the choices I made circle back to the history we share. Rarely do I feel in control of my own life. Most of the relationships I have had, including Bree, have been affected cause I feel this need to protect her at all cost. I don't want my sins to affect the family that we have. This issue with Kelcey, Chris and Sienna is going to blow up. It's inevitable this is going to end in violence. What do you think happens if I get physically involved? Right. I bring our family into this. I can't allow this impulse to be Kelcey's avenging angel to ruin what we share. I don't want to make you a target because of my actions.”

“I am not a damsel that needs protecting.” Taylor states. “I am up for a fight. We can kick all their asses.”

“I know Tay.” Blake smiles. “You are a fighter. I love you for it. Here's the thing. Every President in history has access to a nuclear football. They have the power to engage in an all out nuclear war with the rest of the world. That's power. No President in history has used it for a reason. Just because you have that amount of power at your disposal does not mean you should use it.” Blake pauses. “I had the power to send Amy to rehab against her will. Violated her rights in the process. She got help. The ends don't justify the means. I had the power to force AJ to miss the birth of his kid. One phone call Tay was all it took. Didn't mean I should have. Yes, we have the power to go to war with Chris and Sienna. Doesn't mean we should. I don't want this need for me to run to Kelcey's rescue to rob me of the life we are going to have. Trying not to repeat the sins of the past. Can you understand that?”

Taylor looks at Blake for a moment, pondering everything he just said. With a slight nod she replies. “I do, Blake. I understand--”

“Sweet.”

Taylor tries to respond, Blake interrupts what she is about to say with a spine tingling kiss. Wasting no time he rushes over back to his side of the bed. Grabs the Iphone. Accesses the apps library. In no time flat, he removes the Twitter application. “No more Twitter. If this situation escalates we will be none the wiser. We are here to enjoy the GCW festivities. I should have never opened up the app in the first place. Live and learn. Out of sight. Out of mind. What would you like to do before the Hall of Fame ceremony? ”

Blake sits back on the bed. Taylor joins him. “I wasn't done!” Taylor reminds her future husband.

“Shoot.” Blake replies.

“I am not Bree, thank goodness.” Taylor breathes a sigh of relief. “Unlike her I am not jealous of the bond between you and Kelcey. Few people in the world understand it like I do. Thank you for looking out for us. If the worst case scenario does happen, I am one hundred percent in your corner. Sienna and Chris want a fight? I'm down. Can't stand either of them. Don't feel like you need to walk a tightrope to keep me safe. Love you for it. A First Lady doesn't mind getting her hands dirty.” Taylor nods.

“Know what's incredible?” Blake asks. “I've gone soft, haven't I?”

“No. You've grown up. Don't grow up too much. We wouldn't be together if you gave a damn consequences when I was with Scott.”

“Fair enough. Kinda shocked he didn't come after me. Always felt it was odd he congratulated us on Twitter when we announced our engagement. All Cannon's aren't bad after all... I guess.”

Taylor feels Blake's head to check if he has a fever. “Saying a nice thing about a Cannon? Sure this isn't a symptom of Covid 19?”

With a serene smile on his face, Blake leans in and kisses Taylor Chase. He pins her down to the bed, still locked in a sensual embrace. The world can wait.      

==

<< PROMO TIME >>

The scene opens up in a church of all places. Jaxson Sullivan can be seen standing outside of a confessional booth. Blake’s half of the SCW World Tag Team Championships is being held by the big man. We shift inside the small confessional booth. Blake, dressed casually for the occasion, does the cross motion. Bowing his head, he cups his hands in the prayer formation.

“Welcome... to my confession.”

He takes a deep breath.

“Leading into Fatal Fortunes I expressed most of my feelings. I stand by everything I said, however, I did not play my full hand. The God's honest truth, I was hoping I would get another crack at the World Tag Team Championships. Losing, regardless to who it was against, is bad enough. I don't blame Kelsai for Cold Blooded, she was great. As the veteran of the team, the one with the most experience, I will always believe there was something I could have done better to ensure we walked out the winners. Unlike certain people who look for every excuse under the sun to dismiss why they failed, I put the onus on me. I was hoping fate would be kind enough to grant me and Kelsai another shot. Her name getting drawn for Night 1 ensured that wasn't going to happen, I still held on to a shred of hope. Knowing how bad Kelsai took the loss, corny as it may sound, I wanted to be the hero she views me as. After Jackass, Big Ass were able to walk away scot free bastardizing Kelsai's message, taking away what they cherish was going to feel great. On the second night of Fatal Fortunes, what I told Thomas eventually happened.”

Blake cracks a smile. “Albeit with a different partner and unforeseen circumstances, in the end I was right, Thomas brought this on yourself. He is the reason Xander Valentine showed up. Not me. Not Owen. Him. Being the biggest jackass in all the land is cute until it cost you, been there, down that, learned from it. I don't feel any guilt whatsoever for the HOW me and Owen became champions. Thomas and Kandis got what they deserved for mocking my sister's message. My partner disagrees on the degree of how fair us winning was. That's fine. I accept it. Staying true to his beliefs. Whether Thomas is a good person in the eyes of society or a rotten one, what's fair is fair. Here we are, round two for me and Owen. Round three in general between for me. As much as I love Kandis shoving her ass in my face. As charming as I find Thomas, this is the fork in the road so to speak. Me and Owen will go right, right on to defending these titles into the foreseeable future. Jackass, Big Ass go left, to the back of the line.”

Finished with his confession, Blake rises to his feet. He opens the door to the confessional. As soon as he walks out the camera angle shifts to the main area.

“Wednesday is not a simple rematch. I'll delve more into what this week means for me. I am more interested in talking about what this tag title rematch means for you two. This will be a legacy defining week. Thomas. Kandis. As it stands you are two time champions. Beat Infamous. Overcame Hall of Fame talent in Angelica Jones and James Evans the first time to let the world know you are for real. Nice resume. After our previous encounters, I won't deny how great you are currently are. Becoming three time champions? Possibly carrying the titles to Rise to Greatness, having a chance to successfully defend them at the same event you coughed them up the first time around; does that excite you two? Does that big goal water your pallet? In order to make greatness a reality; you need to overcome Owen and me. When you lose, I am going to do everything in my power to ensure failure is the only option available, what then?

We're not Redemption. Infamous. We're not even Regan Frost and Selena Frost. We are as unlikely a pairing as ever considering our history. Losing to us back to back weeks is not a positive indictment on your overall legacy. Considering the ongoing issues you and David are having Tommy, you have a point to prove. And Kandis? Part of me feels sorry for you most of all.”

“You are a good person. Why am I so certain of that despite the dubious company you keep? We care about a very special person in both our lives, my brother, Drake Hemingway. Knowing my brother the way that I do; he wouldn't allow any Tom, Dick and Harry into his life. For a woman who lives a life that runs contrary to the purity message he was shoving down our throats at one point, you have to be a unique woman for my brother to lower his defenses. He let you in. You became his friend. You didn't judge him for his beliefs. Might can argue you are a lot closer to him than I am, our relationship has always been complicated. That is why I am certain you're not the jackass Thomas has unabashedly become over the past year. Here is a piece of veteran advice, Kandis. Men like Thomas, eventually he will treat you the same way he treats everyone else. The man has anger issues. You're not blind to that. What do you think is going to happen when Owen and I retain? Who is Thomas going to take out his anger on? When you two go back to the hotel after a losing effort, I doubt he is going to be sunshine and rainbows. Thomas is not the type of guy you should associate with long term. Be comforted with the knowledge Kandis the 20th of May will be the eye opener you need to make a positive decision for your life. Better you lose now than wait for Thomas Valentine to show you beyond a shadow of a doubt, allowing yourself to drown on the self destructive road he is on is not worth being tag team champions... or life partners with him. Don't say I didn't warn you.”

Blake puts his hands in his pockets.

“Why do I want to retain? Not motivated to shut you two up, Xander Valentine gives you a convenient excuse for your failure. Here is the reason I want to retain. A little over three, bordering on four years ago at Hell Hath No Fury in December of 2016, The B & B Experience became the World Tag Team Champions defeating Honour Code in a tag team turmoil match; the knock then was me and Bree were the last team to enter after HC took care most of the field. Broke no rules. Didn't cut corners. Obviously we were the bad guys for doing exactly what any other team would have done. Sound familiar? But the how we won isn't the part that sticks out to me. In January 2017, I was forced to compete twice in one night, Honor Code knew I had a one on one match with Kelcey, they couldn't wait, AJ used his Trios on me, how honorable right? My gripe isn't I had to compete twice in one night... in the end, I didn't. Bree went down to the ring to protest. Lexi Von Aaron handed a not dressed to compete Bree into the ring, Honour Code, being the honorable men they were at the time, took advantage of a two on one situation. I could blame Honour Code for the cash in. I could blame them for taking advantage of Lexi's desire to please AJ Helms. If I wanted to be a dick I could blame Bree for going out there in the first place. I don't blame Shaun or AJ or Lexi or Bree.”

“I blame me.”

Blake points to himself. 

“I am the one who left my tag team partner hanging. I should have stood out there with Bree. If I was there, Lexi would not have had an opportunity to get the drop on her. My first reign as tag team champions ended in a blaze of infamy due to my inaction. At the time I showed the world I didn't care. Reflecting back on those series of events, I do care more than I gave myself credit for. That's the bliss of being William Blake Mason, anyone who knows me will tell you I am great at compartmentalizing. There is a time to compartmentalize and there is a time for caring. Right now? I care. Because I don't want this tag team title reign to end due to me letting Owen Cruze down. I said it once, and I'll repeat it until I am blue in the face, Owen Cruze is an exceptional young man who was raised well by his father Orlando, one of the greatest men I had the pleasure to meet. I won't make the same mistake I made back in 2017 at Hazardous Envy. I won't abandon my partner. I will do everything within my power to ensure WE retain the tag team championships. And, in the process, gain a piece of redemption for myself. Title reigns in the past have not gone as planned. I have been given a third chance at this, successfully defending a championship on the first try would be great to be fair.”

Blake smiles.

“Wednesday should be fun. Can't wait. And as always, thanks for coming.”

Jaxson hands Blake his half of the tag titles. Blake kisses the belt for good luck. Blake walks away, Jaxson follows as the scene fades to black.
OOC: The development in this one takes place after the events in the Kandis rp for those who like to read in order. Good luck folks and enjoy. This one will hopefully lead to some fun events down the line!

"Blood Feud: Part One"
OOC: I changed Kandis' wordpress a bit, it needed an update. Thanks to Wasley for the hot header. As for the RP, the promo was filmed the day of Breakdown, at the arena. Good luck gents.

--------------------------

Breakdown 5-20-20