Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: SHOOTINTHEBREEZE podcast EP#3 - Tournament Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Heavy metal rock music plays for about thirty seconds, till eventually it fades*

Tyler: Hello, and welcome to Episode 3 of Shootin the Breeze, as usual sat with me is my good bud Connor

Connor: Hey

Tyler: Now, I know what you are saying, Episode 3…

Connor: You guys lazy

Tyler: Exactly, but we haven’t been lazy at all. In fact, if you have a Twitter account…

Connor: And let’s be honest, who hasn’t?

Tyler: You’ll know what we have been up to. We asked you, the wrestling fans to give us names of the wrestlers that you believe have shaped our industry, and you guys delivered with 44 of the biggest names on the planet

Connor: Of course, there were some exceptions…

Tyler: That’s right, so outright refused to be used in this competition, and being good guys we respected their right, but we were still left with a pretty impressive list. Then using some randomizer on the internet, we put together a tournament… and this was the draw.

Connor: Psycho versus Thirteen, Jason King versus Spirit, William Hush versus Kelcey Wallace

Tyler: Daemon Frost versus Steve Powers, Dylan Howell versus Trinity Street, Ladder versus Wyvern  

Connor: AWOL versus Lethal Weapon, Orlando Cruze versus Yvonne Knight, Alexis Quinne versus Simon Lyman

Tyler: Shadow Cat versus Nathan Creed , ASP versus Travis Vessey, and Chris Staggs versus Thomas Watson 

Connor: Lukas Montgomery versus Aaron Rupp, Harmony Fisher versus Jessica Heart, Johnny Kingdom versus CHBK  

Tyler: Shawn Mason versus Blitzkrieg, Gable Winchester versus Mitch Sanders, Taylor Chase versus Memphis Cade 

Connor: And finally, Donovan Kayl versus Amy Chastaine, Hurse versus Brody McCoy, Odin Knyght versus Beard and last of all Angelica Jones versus Trevor Galinas

Tyler: Some unbelievable dream matches in there. With that draw announced, we then asked you, the wrestling fans to decide who you believe would have won that match. This forming a fantasy tournament to try and find out just who was the greatest wrestler of all time.

Connor: Unquestionably... except for the ones who didn't enter

Tyler: I have the results in front of me, and boy, I can’t wait to give them to you. But first, we just need to explain the format of this tournament. Obviously with their being 44 wrestlers, 22 matches, we needed to balance the brackets, therefore based on the votes received…

Connor: This is the science people 

Tyler: The 22 ‘losers’ we put into a Battle Roya
l
Connor: It could happen

Tyler: And the ten ‘highest’ wrestlers voted for… they are given a second chance, and make up the rest of the bracket… it will make sense when you see it

Connor: We hope

Tyler: You voted in your thousands… and come of the competitors even got involved, and this is what happened. I will read the match… and Connor will revealed the percentage of vote and the winner… cool?

Connor: Beans cool

Tyler: OK then… I’m so excited

Connor: Can tell… get on with it

Tyler: Psycho versus Thirteen

Connor: Thirteen with an emphatic victory… probably a submission, with 91% of the votes

Tyler: Jason King versus Spirit

Connor: Jason King goes through with a pinfall, and 82% of the vote

Tyler: William Hush versus Kelcey Wallace

Connor: The Perfect 10 perfectly advances with 78%

Tyler: Daemon Frost versus Steve Powers

Connor: Steve Powers squeaks through with 55%

Tyler: Dylan Howell versus Trinity Street

Connor: Two absolute legends… but its Trinity who goes through with 69%... snigger, I said 69

Tyler: Ladder versus Wyvern

Connor: Thankfully for this competition, Wyvern goes through… just with 51%

Tyler: AWOL versus Lethal Weapon

Connor: Two ULW originals… remember that place? But it’s Weapon that goes through with 76% of the vote

Tyler: Orlando Cruze versus Yvonne Knight

Connor: The Icon advances with 70%

Tyler: Not doing the pinfall thing anymore

Connor: Nope… got boring fast that one

Tyler: Next up, Alexis Quinne versus Simon Lyman

Connor: Perhaps the most loved wrestler in the list still has his fans… and goes through with 70% of the vote

Tyler: Shadow Cat versus Nathan Creed

Connor: Orlando’s old tag team goes out as Shadow cat claims 57% of the vote

Tyler: ASP versus Travis Vassey

Connor: Perhaps a surprise to some… Vassey is through with 62%

Tyler: Chris Staggs versus Thomas Watson

Connor: And maybe another surprise… Staggs advances to round two with 56%

Tyler: Lucas Montgomery versus Aaron Rupp

Connor: Ruppy makes it at the expense of Montgomery… 62% of the vote

Tyler: Harmony Fisher versus Jessica Heart

Connor: A surprise maybe here… Jessica Heart through with 51.8

Tyler: Johnny Kingdom versus CHBK

Connor: ULW original versus SCW original… and its SCW that wins out, CHBK through with 79%

Tyler: Shawn Mason versus Blitzkrieg

Connor: The Monster advances… with 81% of the vote

Tyler: Gable Winchester versus Mitch Sanders

Connor: Gable goes through with 76%

Tyler: Taylor Chase versus Memphis Cade

Connor: First Lady is through… with 76% of the vote

Tyler: Donovan Kayl versus Amy Chastaine

Connor: Another very close match this one… consider it a victory via count out to Amy Chastaine with 51% of the vote

Tyler: Hurse versus Brody McCoy

Connor: Hurse is through with 89%

Tyler: Odin Knyght versus Beard

Connor: Another popular wrestler goes through… it’s Beard with 63%

Tyler: And finally, Angelica Jones versus Trevor Galinas

Connor: Angelica is the final person to make it through… 91% of the vote

There is a momentary silence… till finally Tyler speaks

Tyler: Some huge matches, and some big eliminations as well. But what do the brackets look like after that

Connor: Let’s tell them

Tyler: So… it’s going to be Thirteen versus Angelica Jones, and Jason King versus Beard

Connor: We are going to see a huge confrontation as Kelcey Wallace is pitted against Hurse, and also Steve Powers will go one on one with Amy Chastaine.

Tyler: Another massive match will mean Trinity Street faces Taylor Chase, and Wyvern will go up against Gable Winchester

Connor: Also in round two, it will be Lethal Weapon versus Blitzkrieg… what I would have paid to see that. AND Orlando Cruze will face CHBK

Tyler: Wow…and we have Simon Lyman versus Jessica Heart, Shadow Cat versus Aaron Rupp and Travis Vassey versus Chris Staggs

Connor: Get voting on your favorites again, remember every vote counts

Tyler: But of course, we also have the ten people that advanced in our Battle Royal… so, added to the brackets will be

Connor: William Hush… who will face Donovan Kayl

Tyler: Getting a second opportunity, Dylan Howell will go up against Memphis Cade

Connor: Yvonne Knight will face Shawn Mason

Tyler: And Alexis Quinne will go against the Johnny Kingdom

Connor: And finally Thomas Watson reenters the fray against ASP

Tyler: Sixteen matches to decide who will go through to the final sixteen, the winner of Thirteen / Angelica Jones facing the winner of the ASP / Watson match and so on.

Music plays, until they come back

Tyler: So looking back over round one… anything jumps out at you?

Connor: Thomas Watson going out, Kayl as well… glad they got a second chance.

Tyler: And coming up in round two?

Connor: Where do I start? Virtually every match would be an absolute blockbuster if it every actually came to life. But Weapon and Blitzkrieg. Street and Chase. Cruze and CHBK… I could literally go on and on.

Tyler: Well, the vote is now live guys… no more second chances for your favorites so get those votes in and make sure they advance. We will be back soon with the results of the second round of competition so make sure to check that all out as we make our way on the road to the Fantasy Wrestling Championship. That’s it from us for now… see you later guys

Connor: And Toodles from the Con-Man

Tyler: I thought you’d forgotten about that

Connor: Never…

Music plays them out to a fade