Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Damian Angel vs. Blake Mason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, June 16, 2020
==
Promo
I
==

“Mary McCarty can be attributed to coining the phrase, we are the hero’s in our own story. Makes sense. Who would see themselves as the villain? Most of us don’t want to see ourselves through a negative lens. There was a time when you, the SCW Universe, viewed me as the devil incarnate. Words can’t express how much I appreciate the cheers from everyone in the audience. Still blows me away I have Kelsai’s unwavering support . All the friends I made. A family that continues to stand by me. My beautiful and charming fiancé. All of them, and some of you believe in me after all the horrible things I’ve done; warms my heart. Feels comforting.”

“I am honest enough to admit that I am no hero. Not in my story. Not in anyone elses.”

“We have a high standard when it comes to heroes don’t we? At the root of it all, a hero is a man or woman who makes the unselfish choice when it is money time as I like to say. Last week on Breakdown, Josh challenged me to a match at Rise to Greatness. Our dance cards are free, the choice is pretty much obvious. I didn’t give Josh an answer. Sienna barged into my suite, she wanted a piece of my ass. Knew it was coming when I made my intentions clear to enter Taking Hold of the Flame. I was at peace knowing exactly what I was getting into.”

“Her interruption should not have been enough to stop me from accepting Josh's challenge. I could have easily gone to Sasha’s office. Inform her I would accept Josh’s challenge. All would be right with the world. But I didn’t. I didn’t go to Sasha during the show. I didn’t approach her after the show. I haven’t called the office at all as a matter of fact. The SCW news and notes didn’t clarify what my intentions are. I’m kinda shocked they didn’t officially announce Sienna vs Jordan at the event. This is going to make things a bit awkward.”

“Sasha wanted clarity about my contract. Here is your clarity…”

“I am open to facing Sienna at Rise to Greatness.”

“Now I know she challenged Jordan, lets be honest with ourselves, I am the one Sienna really wants. I am the man who almost ended her career four years ago. She has never gotten over that. I cost her the World Championship at Making Things Right. I am probably the one person she hates most in this world. Jordan did humiliate her at Cold Blooded. That doesn’t compare to the history me and Sienna share. At an event like Rise to Greatness, an event where people all around the world come to pay their hard earned money, what is the bigger box office draw? It is clear, this four year longing for Sienna to finally put me down.”

“See. Told you I wasn’t a hero.”

“If I was a hero I would stand aside. I would allow Jordan to have her moment in the sun. To have her chance to make a name for herself. Jordan can wait. So can Josh. That won’t make either of them happy. Come on, I am William Blake Mason, right? When they ask you whose the villain now…”

“You tell them it’s me.”

“It’s always, been, me.”

--

June 10th, 2020

Indianapolis, Indiana

Bankers Life Fieldhouse

Breakdown had already been an eventual night for William Blake Mason. After the Erica Eden match, Josh Hudson grabbed the microphone. For months there had been an agreement in place between Josh and Blake that there would be a one on one match. The details of when their match would happen were never worked out. Taking Hold of the Flame could have thrown a monkey wrench into the proceedings, like Hudson pointed out when he grabbed the mic, neither of them were going to main event Rise to Greatness. Blake stood in his luxury box, mic in hand, prepared to answer the challenge that Josh had laid down. A force of nature stormed into his locker room before he could give Hudson the answer he was waiting on baited breath to hear. This force of nature had a name, Sienna Swann. She wasn’t alone, her loyal husband Chris Cannon both barged into his suite. Blake’s mind took him back to ten days ago when Chris tried to piledrive him for a second time. Violence might have ensued if it wasn’t for Jaxson Sullivan and SCW security doing their job to prevent the luxury box from becoming an outright war zone.

With Sienna and Chris out the room, Jaxson turned to Blake. In the most non nonchalant way possible, Jaxson commented. “That was intense.”

With a half smirk, Blake responded. “Thanks for stating the obvious, big man.”

Blake walks over to the couch he was sitting on prior to Josh Hudson feeling the need to make their match official. Blake takes a seat. He crosses his legs. He leans back into the couch.

Jaxson walks over to the door. Making sure the door is securely locked, he joins Blake where he is sitting. The big man chooses to remain standing. “Is the road to Rise to Greatness always this hectic?” Jaxson wants to know.

Blake takes a moment to ponder Jaxson’s question. He hasn’t formally been on the Road to
Rise to Greatness in a while. He left over two years ago after what he perceived was his last match with Chris Cannon at Retribution. Part of him always knew he was going to come back to a company he can’t get out of his system.

Blake finds the words to articulate his position. “The more things change; the more they stay the same.”

Jaxson nodded understanding Blake’s point completely. In truth nothing more needed to be said. Judging by Taking Hold of the Flame, Blake is fully aware he gave Sienna all the rope she needed to continue to barge into his luxury box. Chris being her loyal hound dog will likely continue, contract or not. Tonight was only the beginning. That excites him more than he wanted to concede.

Blake couldn’t concentrate. He tried focusing on the rest of the program. All he could think about was the confrontation with Sienna Swann. It was no secret to anyone he hated her. Never liked Sienna. Her obsession with stealing Kelcey’s life always got under his skin. There is no gray area. He flats out hates her. Tried over the years to dampen the flame. Sienna is pretty much an unlikable person, anyone who was charmed by her, their head needed to be examined. Tonight reminded him there was no way out. Pandora’s Box is officially open. No chance of putting the sins of the past back in the box. Not being able to stay cooped up in his luxury box any longer, flanked by Jaxson, he made his way to one of the only people to understand what it felt like to have Sienna and Chris a major fixture in their life.

Kelcey Wallace.

As Blake stood outside Peyton’s locker room, he took a deep breath. Every fiber of his being kept telling him that he shouldn’t be here. This is a mistake. He needed to resist temptation. Coming back to SCW didn’t do him any favors at all. There was no point delaying this.

Blake turns to Jaxson, the big man handed Blake a telephone. “Not too late to back out. We can turn around and walk away.” Jaxson cautions his boss.

Blake shakes his head. “This needs to happen now.”

Jaxson looks around to make sure no one is hovering around. “Good luck.”

“Thanks.” Blake nods.

Him and Jaxson fist bump. Blake knocks on the door. Peyton is not the one to open up, just as he wanted Kelcey is the one to greet him. She has a smile on her face. Blake turns to Jaxson. The big man instinctively turns his back to stand guard. Blake walks into the locker room. Good. Peyton wasn’t around. No one was. Kelcey shuts the door behind her.

Blake turns around to look at Kelcey. “Has Chris and Sienna paid you a visit yet?”.

Kelcey shakes her head. “No. I did hear about Sienna barging into your suite, are you ok?”

“Oddly enough, I am at peace with everything.” Blake says. “I knew stepping into the ring at Taking Hold of the Flame was going to blow the roof wide open. I don’t regret the decision I made.”

Kelcey hugs Blake. “I’m grateful you weren’t piledriven. Still can’t believe that was the man I married.”

Blake grabs Kelcey’s wrist. Flashing a feint smile, Blake says, “We’re all entitled to make mistakes. I am the last person to judge, I married Bree after all. Who would have thought in a thousand years those two would be BFFs.”

Kelcey chuckles. “Fitting. Both desperately seek attention. Chris is going to wish he didn’t have mine. Nothing is going to stop me from getting custody of my son.”

Seeing Kelcey fired up brings a smile to Blake’s face. “Did you give my offer consideration? One call to Fenmore is all it’s going to take.”

Kelcey politely shakes her head. “Blake. I appreciate your support. It means the world to me that we are back on track after everything that has happened between us. I believe it is for the best if you concentrate on Taylor. On the family you two are building. Sienna is already on the warpath. I don’t want to think about what she is capable of if she knew you wanted to get involved in my fight to secure custody. She believes she loves my son. After everything you cost her, imagine the lengths she would be willing to go to make your life difficult. Please, don’t worry about me.”

“That’s the problem, I will always worry--” Blake rubs the back of his hand on Kelcey’s cheek. “I’m done fighting it. The most important thing I need to focus on is us.”

Kelcey was shocked to hear Blake drop that bombshell. Before she can recover enough to respond to what he said, Blake continues. “I have been doing a lot of thinking. I tried fighting Alistaire over whose beliefs were valid. I stood up for Kelsai in her goal to teach Tommy and Kandis a lesson. I can’t resist getting into it with Chris over what the right thing to do in this custody battle. How many battles have I spearheaded over the years knowing it could lead to my eventual self destruction? But the one fight I was too afraid to engage in for seven years, is the one where I fight for us. The life we should have had if I didn’t screw up.”

“Blake—”

“Please. Let me say this or I might not summon the nerve again.”

Blake takes a deep breath. “Kelcey, it has always been you. I convinced myself for the past seven years I would honor what I perceived to be your wishes. I gave up. I watched you and Chris get married. When things were falling apart between you two I should have been the one to swoop in on my white horse. But I was too afraid. And I was worried about hurting Taylor. I still am. I don’t want anyone else to get hurt because you will forever be the love of my life.” Blake pauses for a split second. “Michael Jordan once said he can’t accept not trying. Wish the circumstances were different. Before things get deeper with you and Scott, before he tries to slip a ring on your finger, a thought that makes me sick, I need to try. I need to call my shot. If you tell me there is no chance in hell, this conversation never happened.”

Blake places Kelcey’s hand over his heart. “But I believe beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt that you do love me. Chris was a distraction. Scott is a distraction. Both of them took advantage of you when you were vulnerable. When you needed a hero. Well… I may live long enough to see myself become the villain again, as long as I’m your hero… I can live with what happens next.”

This was the last thing Kelcey Wallace was expecting. Part of Blake hated dropping this on her. How selfish can a guy be? He has a fiance at home. Kelcey is going through a heated custody battle. The bridges that can possibly be burned due to Blake being Blake are too many to count. In that moment Blake felt a great weight lifted from his shoulder. Selfishly, he felt better. 

Blake places the burner phone in her hand. She looks at him skeptically. “Think about everything I said. At the end of the day being with me is your decision. You have a choice. Whatever you chose, I’ll respect. Know this, the love of my life will always be you. The day you decide to come home to me, I’ll be there. I’ll wait another seven years if I have to.”

Blake, nor Kelcey, have time to process what just happened.

Jaxson opens the door. “Sorry to interrupt Mr. Mason but it’s important.”

Blake didn’t want this moment to come to an end. He knew it was probably for the best. Someone else could have provided the unlikely interruption. Least with Jaxson he didn’t have to pull an explanation out of his ass.

Kissing Kelcey on the cheek to say goodbye for the time being he rushed to Jaxson. Closing the door to the locker room, Blake glares at his bodyguard. “What it is?”

Jaxson replies. “Sienna’s music is playing. She is out in the ring right now, could be important.”

Blake unfastens the Rolex watch from his wrist. Handing the expensive watch to Jaxson, he looks at him sternly. “Do me a favor, big man. I appreciate everything you have done for me tonight. Your services are no longer needed. I am asking you to stand down.”

Jaxson looks at Blake a bit taken aback by the request he has been given. “I don’t understand.”

Blake pats Jaxson on the shoulder. “I made myself clear. Take the rest of the night off. Enjoy yourself. Go get laid. Don’t care. Keep the watch, I have ten more just like it. Sienna wants me so bad, I am going to give the bitch what she wants. Rise to Greatness in my eyes is the perfect way to settle our dispute once and for all. I don’t care if she has the national guard out there, no more running, Jaxson. I made that bitch into the monster she is. Time to slay the beast once and for all.”

Jaxson tilts his head to the side. “What about Josh? And Jordan for that matter.”

Blake shrugs. He didn’t bother considering the match he had promised Josh back in January. “Josh and Jordan can get in the long line of people I have disappointed over the years. They had their shot to get what they want. If Sienna is going to challenge me I will be there to accept. If Xio and Chris are out there, so be it. I need to go. Bye. See you later, bud.”

By the time Blake made it out to the ring to join the fray, Sienna had already challenged Jordan Majors to a match at Rise to Greatness. Evening up the odds worked out perfectly. One thing still holds true. He wants Sienna in the ring. She is number one on his list.

==
Promo
II
==

“My last match on Breakdown did not go so well, obviously.”

“This feels like groundhogs day. I ask for a camera crew. I talk about how the last match I had was a disappointment. Until the story changes we are going to keep going around in circles. Lesson number one I can take from my four match series with Jackass Big Ass, I suck at tag team wrestling. Won once. Lost twice. One of those matches was a no contest. Hell, even my victory was followed by a bit of controversy. I am all for winning by any means necessary. When I can’t win a match by my own cunning, it makes me question why am I even doing this in the first place.”

“I’ve always been a confident guy.”

“No one can question my force of will.”

“My stubbornness.”

“My grit.”

“Or am I giving certain people on the Supreme Championship Wrestling roster more credit than that?”

“Anyway.”

“Hasn’t that been the case from day one?”

“Blake Mason is stubborn.”

“Blake Mason is a force of nature.”

“Blake Mason is one determined guy.”

“Where has that exactly gotten me since my return?”

“No pay per view wins and a fourteen day reign as tag team champion without a single successful defense. A no contest doesn’t count as a successful defense. Taking Hold of the Flame didn’t quite pan out. Of all the people who eliminated me, it had to be a person who was here long enough to sip a cup of coffee.”

“Splendid.”

“With Rise to Greatness around the corner I need to be better. Clearly. With certain people coming for my head, I need to be at the top of my game. There is no way around that, the ultimate question is, am I capable of rising to the top of my game. Have I ever had a top of my game? Is my best going to be good enough regardless of who I face at Rise to Greatness?”

“Losing the tag team championships wasn’t pleasant. A large part of me is glad I won’t be in Regan’s crosshairs, better Tommy and Kandis than me. I did have goals. I wanted to walk into Rise to Greatness for the first time as a champion. I failed miserably. This latest comeback further drives home the point no matter what good comes my way, the bottom is going to fall out. Been the story of my career since 2008. That’s twelve years. Kinda makes you question when am I going to put it all together? Is the future of the business too much for me now that I am climbing up in age and I am not in my physical prime like I once was when I was 24-25? Will my best ever be good enough when it ultimately matters?”

“Sounds depressing? I could come across ultra dullisonal. A lot better to deal with the facts in front of me than to weave a story not even I believe. Truth of the matter is, I don’t know what to believe.”

“Except that I am a stubborn son of a bitch.”

“Being a wrestler gives me the one thing the business world hasn’t done in a very long time, gives me a fight. The best thing about being a pro wrestler, there is always a fight around the corner. Not in the ‘I want competition’ way. Everyone who has watched me wrestle over the past twelve years can attest I am addicted to confrontation. Guess that is why me and Chris Cannon get along so well. It is easy to get into a confrontation with him. Sienna Swann. Not that I have been afraid of her for the past four years. I know deep down when the day comes when there are no distractions keeping us apart, our war is bound to end violently. If it’s me, fine. Call it karma. If it’s her? I might debate if putting the monster I created down was worth it. I’m afraid to answer that. That would require me to look deep into my soul, ask myself what kind of man enjoys beating the living hell outta someone. I have been trying real hard to avoid adding more blood to my ledger. With Sienna, with Chris, the temptation is deep. All of you will ask yourselves…

Whose the villain now.”

“You used to be the villain Damian. For some God damn reason you are perceived as the hero. I don’t understand. Oh well. I am going to tell you what your problem is Damian, it is not that there is no more fight left in you as you alluded to on Twitter towards the end of May. See, your real problem Damian is you are not being who you are. Here is my theory. Somewhere deep inside you wanted to change. You grew tired of being the self proclaimed Devil lurking the Supreme Championship Wrestling halls. You were dragged under the ring, no one knows exactly what happened to you. One day you saw Peyton Rice as the guiding light to lead you to the promised land. For a few months you existed on that purpose. Here’s the key Damian… Peyton doesn’t need you. You need her more than she needs you. Your… attachment has become one of co dependency. Instead of being your own man Damian you have become a glorified simp, instead of being the man who was feared by the locker room, you come across like a man who would drink Peyton’s bath water on command. Instead of being the man who once won Taking Hold of the Flame and gave up his spot, you have become not even a shell of a man. Calling you a shell of a man is an insult to shell of a men out there. You are even lower than that.”

“So why should I even be excited stepping into the ring with a glorified simp?”

“Tell me. Why?! I’ll wait on an answer for as long as I need to.”

“Damian, this is my challenge to you.”

“I want The Devil on the 17th.”

“Not this self proclaimed reformed version of The Devil.”

“The real devil.”

“Give me a goddamn challenge you son of a bitch.”

“If these are your final days as a competitor in this company, go out like a man. The Damian Angel I see now makes me sick. I used to be one of the wrestlers in the locker room who feared you. I used to get angry as hell knowing the history you and Kennedy share, the Damian back then would laugh at you now. I’m almost tempted to. But I still have some ounce of respect for your contribution to Supreme Championship Wrestling.”

“Come on Damian, who is coming down to the ring. A Devil… or a simp.”

“No matter what you decide, I’ll still thank you for coming.”