Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Christy Matthews vs. Jake Starr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW United States Championship Tournament

2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, June 23, 2020
OOC Note: This is only a shoot for a very specific reason.  My plan was to write the CD today, but this afternoon I found out my six year old was directly exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.  The true odds of her being positive look very slim, but she's now on a 14 day quarantine.  It rattled me, and honestly I just couldn't even get in a mindset to finish.  So I apologize for that, but here is the promo I wrote.  As for my little one, she was scared when we told her but that fear has already shifted into extreme boredom.

--------------------------------

Jake Starr: Taking Hold of the Flame... It was a night that FINALLY closed a chapter on my life that I didn't realize should have been done many, MANY, years ago.  Let me explain... This business, as we know it, in its earliest of incarnations, was a cesspool of organizations trying to gobble one another up.  They all wanted the superstar or superstars who were viewed as the "top of the crop," and there was minimal hesitation in poaching said talent from one another.  This was done to prove that Organization A was better than B, and was deserving of all new talent's interest.  People would brag about who they had, champions they had, people they had taken, and it was entirely a war of attrition.  These organizations weren't hidden, either.  You'd see the "top guys" moving around to places that would ultimately begin to do what I found the most abhorrent.

Organizations began to cater to one or two people...

When the initial organizations attempts fell short to getting people to jump ship, they began bribing them.  They began offering them everything they would want.  People received title matches, pushes, promises of money, et cetera, and they took it.  Organizations began to have to cater to these guys, for risk of them reaching out to other places to see who would give them what they wanted.  It turned the business into a few guys getting everything, and those who truly were busting their asses getting very little, or having glass ceilings that they could never crash through.  This mentality led to a lot of GREAT talent quitting this industry.  It led to organizations that were trying to be on the up and up closing because they had ethical beliefs they wouldn't venture from.  And it would often times leave me without a home because I wasn't that guy demanding everything, but instead the guy who wanted to become the core of an organization.  I wanted to be the guy who was trusted to carry the banner because I earned that respect and that right.  But I didn't get that chance much because a lot of organizations couldn't handle the competition or succumbed to the desires of the select few.

This created a lot of frustration for me.  This created a lot of anger for me.  I was out there, night in, night out, busting my ass to for the betterment of the company, and not just myself, and yet I watched others getting gifted everything they wanted because of a name they had created for themselves.  I had to watch these truthful kiss-asses jump the line, and there came a point where I was finished with it.  And thus, the Starr Martyr was born.  The idea, the mentality, the WILLINGNESS to be able to go out there, night in, night out, and be willing to risk my CAREER to expose these dicks who were ruining the business.  I was willing to sacrifice myself for the greater good of this industry.  I was willing to let myself and my career be the sacrificial lamb that made people realize this industry was being monopolized by a few who were cancerous to the future.

UHW...

ASW...

OWF...

MVW...

PRIME...

All of these organizations sucked up to people to try and get themselves ahead and get these "high level" talents.  I went through them... I sacrificed myself... I allowed myself to become that infamous "blacklisted talent" who was willing to sit there and speak the TRUTH.  I watched those organizations begin to have to fact other members of the roster who were starting to hear my message, and one by one those organizations died.  Yeah... I became a cancer in their eyes.  I was a martyr for the greater good, in my own.  So when I came out of retirement and came to SCW, I assumed nothing had changed.  And sure... Organizations are going to have some nepotism.  It's natural.  But SCW was an outlier.  They were the organization that proved they were able to survive the culling of the herd.  They allowed talent to prove themselves.  Mr. D had his moments with groups like the Infection, but SCW was never at the caliber of those others.

There was a problem here, though.  I didn't recognize it.  I didn't recognize that the battle, that the fight, that the martyrdom was over.  Instead, I kept trying to fight a battle that only existed in my head.  I had to fight a battle that never existed in reality.  I kept spewing the same things over and over, I talked about "returning to my old self" to try and "bring down SCW," but it always failed.  For one, SCW is too superior and, yeah, "Supreme" for that.  They also could see through everything I said, and knew it was all bullshit.  They never feared me.  Hell, they put me in my place.  But for years, I continued to that fight.  I continued to try and keep something going that hadn't been a reality in over a decade.  It made me always grasp for a brass ring that never was within my reach, because it didn't exist.  I would always feel like there was this battle I needed to fight, and instead, the battle wasn't outward.  It was all inward.  It was all in my head.

.:: Jake sighs. ::.

It led me down a dark path of unhappiness, and yeah, after a dark moment I realized something more was causing the darkness.  It wasn't the business as a whole.  It wasn't the lack of titles or success.  It was the fact I was ultimately battling myself.  That's why, when I realized it, I decided it was time to figure out how to close the chapter, and accept my reality for what it truly was.  I had to accept that everything I had bullshitted myself and others about was just me running my mouth.  I had to realize that the days of fighting as a martyr in this industry were over.  I couldn't always revert back to it, and try to be something I wasn't anymore.  I couldn't fight a battle that didn't exist anymore.  So I had to put an end to that chapter on my own.  I had to put the Starr Martyr behind me.  I had to accept that whatever happens going forward is Jake Starr, circa 2020 and going forward.  Whatever that may be.  I had to come to acceptance of it.

It was my final Revelation...

It was my final act of martyrdom...

I had to be the end of the fight...

So I did so that night.  And I fought hard to try and win, but yeah, coming up short was shitty.  It doesn't mean I'm some rage monster.  It's Taking Hold of the Flame, and fucking David Helms, arguably the best EVER in SCW, won.  So win or lose, I had my moment that I set out to have.  I didn't hit a reset button on "The Social Misfit," but instead finally ejected a CD sitting in an old PS2 for decades.  It was time to bring myself to the present.

So here we are.  It's the road to Rise to Greatness, and you know, after not being on the Retribution card earlier this year for the first time since I debuted, I realize my spot on the Rise to Greatness card is not a guarantee.  Instead, I have to ENSURE that I am there.  I have to MAKE MYSELF a fixture.  I have to give SCW NO REASON to not include me.  And they are opening that door for me.  They're giving me a chance to prove myself and EARN my way onto the Rise to Greatness main card.  How?  The SCW brass have put the SCW United States Championship in a title tournament with eight individuals that I'm LUCKY to even be in the same conversation of.  Glory Braddock, Selena Frost, Gavin Taylor, Jay Gold, Chris Cannon, Konrad Raab, and...

.:: Jake smirks. ::.

... God is is appropriate... The person I would face first, "The Walking Clitoris" Christy Matthews.

.:: Jake chuckles again. ::.

Christy... Christy... Christy... Oh how sweet it is to see your name opposing mine once again.  It's been a long time.  It's been a long time since you were the mighty muscle of Infamous, and did all of the dirty work for Ravyn and Syren.  You did all the work they knew they couldn't.  I didn't say wouldn't... I said COULDN'T.  You see, they sent you after me when you debuted like a bull in a china shop, and it worked.  You were the strongman in our earlier feud.  But times change.  People change.  Mentalities change.  So I know you're not just being a pawn in Infamous' game of taking me out, like in 2010-2011.  Instead, you're your own woman.  I may mock you as someone whose clitoris rivals that of Chyna's, but in the end, I know who you are and what you've done in SCW.  You've done a lot.  You've proven a lot.  You've shown yourself to be an independent entity of Syren and Ravyn telling you what to do.  And now, our paths cross again.

This isn't JUST a match, Christy.  Christy, I remember that gauntlet we both went through, that gauntlet of superstars, leading to see who would have the lead going into a final war between the two of us.  In the end, what happened?  You won, but at what cost?  Jake Starr embarrassed you on the stage where you were supposed to reign supreme.  I did that, that night because I wanted to prove a point.  I wanted you to see that I could stoop to your lows, and ruin nights just like you and Infamous had mine.  But it wasn't a moment that I'm proud of.  It wasn't a night I'm here to brag about or claim showed me in a higher light than you.  Instead, that night... That night is what I want this United States Championship Tournament match to be.  I want us both to make a match that the world COULD have seen, if it wasn't about who could be more selfish.  Because that gauntlet we went through was a great idea that we both ruined.  We could have made it something big.

And now... At Breakdown... We have that chance again.  This time, I think we are both a bit more mature, and see what we could put on for the people.  You may not care about them.  You may still be a bitch.  But you also know that they are the ones who can validate ANYTHING either of us succeed at.  We can make this tournament, or break it.  Hell, the fact is, we could OWN this tournament, or make it so much about ourselves that everyone just hopes SOMEONE puts us in our place.

I'd rather think you're a woman still looking to prove something...

I'd like to think that I have a LOT to prove myself, in this next chapter...

So here we go, Christy.  Yeah, I may have not started this off by saying nice things about you, but let's be real, our feud was one people paid a lot of attention to.  It's only fitting Jake Starr and Christy Matthews go head to head in a tournament that shows the world WHY SCW trusted them to run a gauntlet against one another.  Sure, there are 8 people in this tournament, and any of the 8 could walk away with that title around their waist.  But the fact is... For me, this title is my ticket to Rise to Greatness.  Winning this tournament GUARANTEES me a spot on that card.  You... I can almost promise you're guaranteed regardless.  You're still that same established star.  I have to step up, and reestablish myself as a viable competitor for any match.  So I am yearning for this fight.  I am yearning for a chance to face off against you, one on one, again, and truly see how I stack up in 2020.

Back in the day... I didn't... You bested me... Constantly...

Now I have to step up and do something special.  I have to walk out to Breakdown and get my place secured to the next round by beating you.  I have to break you down.  I have to beat you.  I have to legitimately do what I talked about during that gauntlet match.  I'm going out there to fight you one on one.  This isn't about a feud.  This isn't about a gauntlet and how many wins I need.  This isn't about upstaging you, even.  It's about going out to that ring and fighting the fight that I can.  Yeah, the words may sound similar.  But the reality of how it happens, that is something we both have to see how it plays out.  I'm not that Jake Starr.  I'm not jaded.  I'm not discounting you.  I'm not simply insulting you for the sake of being the SCW version of Don Rickles.  I'm going out there as Jake Starr, facing SCW's strongest woman, in Christy Matthews.  I'm Jake Starr, looking at the possibilities that a win would open for me.  I'm Jake Starr understanding that this is my chance to punch MY TICKET to Rise to Greatness, and not be forgotten.

I'm tired of being forgotten...

I'm tired of being looked at as washed up...

So a fight against you is perfect.  You're not any of those negative adjectives.  You're still a force.  And I'm ready to fight that force, and take that force down.  I'm ready to send you back to your pals and you having to say, "he's definitely not the same guy."  This chapter in my life, it is all about respect.  It isn't about championships.  It's not about wins and losses.  It's about RESPECT.  I have to earn it.  I have to prove myself worthy.  And Christy, you're in my way of getting that respect.  You're standing in my way of EARNING a step in the right direction of where I want my career to go.

So stand tall Christy Matthews... Bring on everything you have... Jake Starr is doing just that.  He's not fighting for a cause, other than earning the respect of those he faces off against.  Because my goal is, once Breakdown ends, jaws are on the floor as everyone sees Jake Starr standing over one of his greatest foes, and FINALLY besting her, 1... 2... 3!
Some good old fashioned fun was had while writing this. Lucas Knight appears with permission.

Enjoy.

Ebdon Entertainment Presents
Christy Matthews Uncensored
Motherhood
Part Nineteen: My Unwanted Secrets [Part One]