Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Las Bandidas de Gata Negra vs. Frozen Hell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Valeria Garcia & Maria Vencejo vs. Regan Street & Selena Frost

4 RP Limit for tag

Deadline for ALL MATCHES: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, July 14, 2020
The Dark Side of the Sun

"The Blame Game"

Frankfurt Prison III
Frankfurt, Germany
Monday, July 13th
3:43pm

Selena took a deep breath of fresh air, held it for several seconds in order to savour the coolness of the clean oxygen, before exhaling fully, her content sigh taking up a bit of sound like a hum through the "backyard space" of the Frankfurt prison. She felt the soft grass between her toes and sandals. Heatwaves had racked through several parts of the world the past week or two, but Germany seemed to be through that for now, a strong, gentle breeze blowing by, caressing Selena's bare back and lifting a few strands of her hair up and about before setting them back down. Because of the lower temperature, the Snow Queen could feel the tiniest drops of dew within the blades of grass, cooling her toes and feet.

She didn't feel uncomfortable as the wind came again, brushing along the skin that her long sleeve, bare back halter top exposed. She felt content. Peaceful. She almost laughed at the irony of that, feeling peaceful in the middle of a prison yard, but she closed her eyes to still savour the feeling that could not be denied. With the tumultuous week that had processed and what was on the horizon, an even more tempest of a storm, this moment felt like the eye of it. The calm before another storm after surviving a previous one, if that made any sense. Crossing her arms across her midsection, hands each taking an elbow, she inhaled again as she felt another gust of wind, calming herself.

The United States Championship Tournament... She had survived. More than that, she had won it - the Snow Queen claiming a fourth SCW tournament to her accolades. The moment in the ring, from the adrenaline of acting on instinct to dodge Chris Cannon's C4 spear - the bastard, of course, unable to stand that she could be the United States Champion over him, even preferring a member of Infamous over her (maybe it was because she was a beloved friend of Kelcey) - to nailing Christy Matthew's with that moonsault, it had all been over in seconds and she had not realized as much till the title was placed in her hands. She hadn't even realized Chris was getting back in the ring until her sister, Regan, had run into the ring and embraced her, telling her "You did it! You did it!" As well as "Heads up, Chris might get in the ring!". From that storm, it had taken only a day or two for the detractors to come regarding Selena's tournament and title win. Strange enough, they had only come from the people she had defeated, those being Christy Matthews and - inadvertently - Chris Cannon.

She had expected that. Anticipated it. Christy always passed off losses to Selena's as if they were nothing, almost as if they hadn't happened - still seeing the young woman as a 'joke' or something to that effect. It didn't bother Selena. Rather, it motivated her to keep beating the former World Champion every time they met. What had thrown off the platinum-blonde was that Chris Cannon hadn't gone that route. Instead, he had taken the loss and declared that Selena was 'unfit' as a champion, not because she wasn't 'good enough' but because she would go into Rise to Greatness not defending the title or something like that.

Selena hadn't been expecting that. What's more was, she hadn't expected herself to be agreeing with the member of the Beauty Factory. From the storm of the tournament, she had entered into a mini-one with herself, spending that week not celebrating, but trying to figure out how she could solve that problem. She wanted to defend the United States title at Rise to Greatness. She agreed it deserved that prestige. She wanted to do what Bree Lancaster had been too afraid to do, hence dropping the title. She wanted to throw Cannon's words and mockery back in his face.

But what about Regan? What about her sister? Could she endanger Regan's dream like that? Could she be so selfish?

It wasn't like it was impossible. Selena had just endured two matches in one night, but it had taken everything she had to stay on her toes and she had been lucky to end the first match as quickly as she had, spying an opening to take down Gavin Taylor. If she had had the war Christy and Chis had, she wasn't 100% sure she'd have lasted as long as she did in the finals. And that was just it. The World Tag-Team title match, with Regan's dream of becoming a Supreme Champion, hanging in the balance. The United States Championship match, with a very happy game and hungry competitor, like Chris or Christy or someone Selena didn't expect. Both matches on such a stage required - demanded - her full effort and attention, demanded everything she had be left in the ring. But if she did that with one, she'd have nothing left for the other. And Selena knew, deep in her heart, she couldn't do that. She couldn't survive such a demand with an ending of success. She either failed her sister or failed as a standard-bearer of SCW and as the United States Champion, and if she took one over the other, she'd be labelled as such anyway.

The conundrum had spoiled any chance for celebration that she had considered with her title win, even when she had visited her wife last week. She hadn't wanted to talk about the tournament, only wanting to make up for missing time with Deanna so she could go to Nome, which ended up being a heart-wrenching event in and of itself as she was forced to endure the loss of Titania.

She had not expected the solution to her problem come barrelling towards her from Regan's most-hated enemy (currently): Tommy Valentine. He and Kandis, the tag-team champions, had thrown down the gauntlet. They had seen Selena win the tournament and their eyes had clearly widened with desire, a new opportunity presenting itself. They had demanded Selena place her newly won championship on the line as well in a winner take all sort of match, meaning Selena didn't have to be pinned to lose the title.

Selena had quietly breathed a sigh of relief as she had stood there on stage that night. The challenge was perfect. She could do both! Devote herself to Regan and her dream, focus on one match and give it all she had and more on the grandest stage, which deserved nothing less, AND she could defend the United States title as it deserved to be! So what if she risked losing it! She believed in herself and Regan, after the hell they had both endured together. After all the uncertainty and obstacles and vultures of those trying to separate them, they were where they were supposed to be. If Selena had to put her title on the line to ensure her sister got the Snow Queen's very best, Selena was more than happy to do so.

Regan had not been so relieved.

Opening her eyes, Selena stared through the chain-link fence to the grass and buildings on the other side, an urban sight for the platinum-blonde. It was almost relative: She, standing in the cool grass and treasuring nature, while her sister preferred the hustle and bustle of the busy places - a hunter always on the prowl of sorts. There was no denying it - both Selena and Regan knew that they had been played a few nights ago on Breakdown. The Jackass and Big Ass Connection had goaded them and let them down a clearly pre-planned trail to the point where neither could refuse the added stakes. And where Selena would relief in hers, she had come to understand that Regan did not feel the same way. Regan had been coerced to put herself in a 'last chance' method, where if she and Selena lost, Regan would never be able to challenge Tommy and Kandis for the tag-team titles as long as they held them. That hadn't bothered the Hellcat. She was bothered that Selena's title was being put on the line.

Lifting up a pale hand, Selena caressed the metal-interlocking chains of the gate with her palm, feeling a few of the sharp spurs against her skin. The challenge, laid down by Tommy and Kandis, had dawned something in Regan. The Hellcat could take anything Tommy threw at her personally. Him getting involved in her matches, costing her the Taking Hold of the Flame Royale, all of it...

But attacking Selena? Giving her a concussion and stitches by throwing her into a metal strap?
Assaulting her husband, David Helms, and beating the hell out of him with help from Bree Lancaster?
Making Selena risk the title she had just fought a war for? And Selena's chance at being a tag-team champion with Regan until Ass Connection lost the titles?

That was what Selena learned was frustrating Regan as the pair had sat in Regan's car after Breakdown in St. Louis. This was where her dream had taken them all. Poor Regan... Selena sighed as she looked to the buildings of the city of Frankfurt. Regan didn't understand that what they were risking, both Selena and David were willing and happy to risk them for her. Regan was more than worth it. That was what family did. No, Regan wasn't grasping that. All she saw was her loved ones and family suffering because of her, risking all they could for her - for an accolade that her legacy didn't need to secure itself into the Hall of Fame.

Again, Selena closed her eyes as she felt the strong breeze against her skin. She needed this. Needed to be away and in a calm state of mind, to focus on a way to getting Regan on the same page as her. To no be worried about this situation, but excited that they were part of such a high-stakes match - one that would rival the main-event between Bree and David! For the last three years, Selena had occupied the final match before the main-event, a sort of "first of the main-events", if that made any sense. Yes, it wasn't as incredible as being in "the Rise to Greatness final match main event", but to hold the position of the second last match for three years... It DID feel special to Selena. It meant something to her. She felt like it said something about her as "The Face of SCW". And now, she was sharing that moment with Regan, not as enemies like in 2018, but as partners - as sisters! Just thinking about it, regardless of the stakes, brought a smile to the Snow Queen's face.

Why can't Regan see that? sighed the woman. Why can't she see that this is more than what I could have wished for?

She knew she had a few weeks left - she needed to get Regan to see that. She just wasn't sure how.

Her thoughts stopped suddenly as she felt something rough and rugged brush against her bare back. It wasn't the wind. This was warm and forceful where the the wind was gentle and cool. This feeling trailed down her exposed back and back up it, immediately causing Selena to spin around and back away. Immediately, her eyes took in a rather smug looking, dark-skinned, large woman, who licked her lips as she observed Selena.

"Mmmm, very nice." Her voice was thick with some kind of accent Selena could not identify - African or Jamacia, she had no idea. She was a little shorter than Selena, but much larger. Her hair, black and braided, was pulled back and covered mostly by a red handkerchief, which contrasted with the familiar blue of the prison uniform that Selena recognized. But what stood out the most to Selena were the pearly white teeth that stood behind the thick lips of the woman. They were ungodly white, almost unseemingly so, and the way the woman licked them as she grinned at Selena showed how acutely aware and proud the woman was of them. "Comin for your strawberry, Frosty?"

It was mutual. She recognized Selena and Selena recognized her, the Snow Queen's hands tightened into fists and it took all her willpower not to sucker punch the woman in the face, maybe loosen a few of those teeth the large woman was so proud of. "Yes." She growled. "And you know better than to touch what isn't yours, Queenie." She added with a narrowing of her eyes.

"Never been much of a window-shopper." Queenie threw right back, taking a step towards Selena. "I see something I like..." She lifted a hand, unfazed and clearly unafraid of Selena, and grasped a bit of Selena's platinum-blonde hair. "I just have to try it on..."

Biting her lower lip, Selena tucked her hand into her hair, pulling the strands out of Queenie's hand and out of reach. "Afraid I'm not your size. I'm a small to medium girl size max." She threw back, standing her ground. "Besides, you don't strike me as a winter-season kind of gal."
"I'm good for any season, baby." Teased Queenie. "Just ask Strawberry."

Another hot spike of rage lanced through Selena, Queenie's implication and added reference not lost on her. The "Queen-bitch" of the prison, head of the gang that 'ran' the place, had recently done a number on Selena's wife, assaulting her in the shower and giving her a beating to commemorate her nine-months of staying here at the prison. The "niner-shiner" had not gone unnoticed by Selena, and she was only seconds away from returning the favour to Queenie.

"Well, maybe you should ask 'Strawberry' about me. She'll tell you that I bite."
"I like biters." Queenie shot back, showing her rows of pearly teeth with a wide grin.
"And I kick like hell."
"Nothing wrong with a little fire in a girl. Little pain to go with the..." Again, she reached up to attempt to touch Selena. "Pleasure."

A pale hand shot up and grabbed the hand at the wrist and Selena's fingers barely wrapped around the thick arm of the prisoner. "Sorry, bitch." Selena growled. "I'm a look-but-don't-touch display. Deanna's doesn't like sharing her things." Her hand tightened around the wrist and she could feel the bones inside being squeezed together. "That's something she and I have in common."

Queenie didn't flinch at the pain, only smiling wider. "But sharing is caring. Don't you teach your kids that?"
"I also teach them not to take what isn't theirs." Selena shot back. "They get punished if they do. I recommend you follow that same rule."
"Oh..." Queenie bristled with amusement. "Is Mama-bear gonna punish me?"

Selena was done with this game of back and forth. She was done with this woman laughing off her remarks the same with Christy Matthews did with Selena's promos and victories. Direct approach was the only way. "I'll give you this warning once, Queenie. Stay away from me and, more importantly, stay away from my wife."
"Or?" Queenie challenged.
"Do you really want to know?" Selena's eyes narrowed.
"Oh I really do." The rotund woman replied.

Selena took a deep breath, before a slow smile, sinister in nature, creeped across her face. "You know, I know you've got connections. Ask one of them about the men that threatened my wife. Dangerous men like Vixen Cain and Xander Valentine. Ask about what I did to them, Queenie. To men that would tear apart a self-entitled bitch like you without a second thought. Men that had REAL power in the REAL world. Find out what I did to them and then ask yourself what I could do to you if you touch what's mine again."

Selena threw Queenie's hand away with authority to press her point. The inmate did not say anything right away, instead staring down Selena with a reduced smile, but her eyes? Part of her was taking Selena's words seriously. Slowly, after seconds of silence, the wide grin returned to Queenie's face. "I just might do that." She teased before a voice shot across the yard.

"Get away from her!" The bark was an order and held a note of protective nature. Within seconds, a short blur of red streaked across the yard and before Selena could blink, Deanna was standing in front of her, between Selena and Queenie, eyes narrowing at her fellow prisoner.

"Chill, Strawberry." Queenie laughed. "Just having a little chat with your main-squeeze here."
"Chat time's over." Deanna challenged. "Or do I need to get Shar over there to prove my point?" She gestured towards the other side of the yard, to the tall, black-haired woman that was leaning against a side of the fence. Her eyes were on all three woman, as if protectively watching.

Queenie laughed. "Relax." She stated, throwing her hands up. "I know where I'm not wanted." She began to move away, moving back towards where other prisoners were gathered, always observed by the dozen or so guards standing in different spots of the field. Stopping for a moment, the dark-skinned leader turned back to eye the Frost women. "Make sure you clear your schedule though, Strawberry. Gonna be a rough couple of weeks... And don't forget..." She added with a knowing smile, those damn teeth on display again. "We've got your anniversary to celebrate..."

It was Selena's turn to move, shifting to stand in front of her wife. "One warning, Queenie. You only get one."

Queenie laughed and gave a wave of her hand before continuing on her way, seemingly towards the larger group of inmates that stood by/sat on the rusted blue bleachers. Selena kept her eyes on the dangerous woman before she felt another hand on her back, this one soft and warm and gentle. She felt the muscles in her back, tense from her confrontation with Queenie, immediately relax and almost melted into the touch.

"Are you okay?" The voice of her wife, Deanna whispered as she gently pressed against Selena's bare shoulder blade, turning the older woman around to face her. "Did she hurt you?"

"No." Selena replied before running her hands down Deanna's arms to grasp them at the elbows. "She just wanted to throw her weight around or something. She truly thinks she's untouchable here."

"She practically is." Deanna sighed. "I've only seen Shar get under her skin and make her back down." The redhead shook her head.
"What did she say to you?" She asked as well, tilting her head as she gazed into Selena's sapphire eyes with her own emerald ones. "And what did you say to her?"

The platinum-blonde shrugged. "It was like being hit on by a thug in a bar." Selena shivered a little, her years waitressing at Liam Jack's Bar and Grill in Nome possessing some rather unpleasant memories with drunk or horny boys and men. "She likened me to clothes and window shopping. She's that smug and arrogant."

Deanna sighed. "And what did you say?"
"Come on, Deanna." Selena laughed. "First of all, she's clearly not my type. Second, I find her repulsive. Third, I hate her because of what she did to you."
"That's what I meant." Deanna's eyes narrowed a little. "Did you say anything about me?"

Selena looked away from her wife for a brief moment, once more taking in the buildings and roads beyond the prison fences.

"I knew it." Deanna sighed. "She antagonized you and you lashed back. What did you say?"
"What do you think I said?" Selena sighed. "I told her that if she laid a hand on you again, there would be consequences."
"And did that work?"
"I...I'm not sure." Selena shrugged. "She didn't seem too fazed but..."

"Selena..." The sigh that came from Deanna was filled with frustration and exhaustion, the redhead pushing herself away from Selena and wrapping her own arms around herself as she walked towards the fences. After a moment, she turned back to Selena, emerald eyes boring into the wrestler's. "She already has a thing for me. Now, you've just made me like some 'forbidden fruit'. You think she's going to just accept that?"
"You think I'm just going to accept you being her punching bag whenever she feels like it?!" Selena huffed back.
"What would you rather see? A few bruises on my face or something worse than that?! Because that's what Queenie will do if you keep pushing her!"

"Deanna, I was just-"
"I know, but you can't!" Deanna's voice rang a bit, almost a yell that got the attention of a few guards and prisoners nearby. Forcing her eyes shut and breathing deeply, she tried to calm herself, running stiff hands through waves of red hair. "You can't always protect me, Selena. Because you can't always be here." She paused, praying her words were sinking into Selena's head. "Our children need one of their mothers. And your work needs you too. And Regan. Kelcey - your friends and loved ones. You need to look after them too."

"But you-"
"You can't always be here with me, Selena." Deanna shook her head. "I wish you could...but you can't. This isn't a home or a resort. You know what this is."

Deanna turned away to look out from the fence, but her eyes were further up towards the skies, seeing the horizon and the clouds that were low enough. It was only a few moments before she felt Selena's arms wrap around her from behind, the taller woman resting the side of her face against the top/crown of Deanna's. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "But if there is a way to protect you in here, I will find it. I don't care what I have to do or how much it costs me." She swore.

Deanna didn't respond to that right away, merely placing her hands over Selena's arms to hold them in place as she leaned against her beloved minx. When she did speak, it was barely a whisper, but Selena still heard it. "That's what I'm afraid of."

The two stood in silence for what felt like twenty minutes, neither moving apart. The only sound heard, aside from the noises from the other inmates was the occasional breath or sigh that came from either woman. Eventually, Deanna broke the silence. "How's things with Regan? And being champion again?"

Selena huffed. "Better." She admitted. "I'm sorry I didn't want to talk about it last week."
"Yeah, that threw me off." Deanna replied. "I was expecting some kind of grand story or maybe one of the kid's celebrating 'the new shiny'." Her imitation made Selena laugh in a bit of a spat as the redhead continued. "But 'I won. Don't want to talk about it.', that was strange."

"Yeah..." Selena slowly replied. "I wasn't able to enjoy it thanks to some sore losers.
"What did they say?"
"The truth." Selena shrugged. "I was already in line for a tag-team title shot with Regan. Now I had another title. People were pissed. They don't like dual-champions."
"Why would that upset you? What 'others at work' think?"
"Because this time, they were right. I wasn't sure how to challenge for the tag titles, help Regan, and defend the U.S title for Rise. Fortunately, this week's Breakdown solved that for me! Cept Regan is now pissed."
"Why is she upset?" Deanna asked, a look of confusion on her face. "She's getting everything she wants and she must be happy for you and her husband is possibly going to be World Champion. This seems like a dream for her."
"Except she feel responsible for us being dragged into her dream." Selena reasoned.

"Oh..." Deanna sighed. "Like how you blamed yourself for what the Scythes did to us because they were after you?"
"Y...yeah..." Selena slowly replied. "Except that was my fault. They went after you and our children to get to me."
"Uh-huh." Nodded Deanna. "And those people went after you and David to get to Regan."
"Okay, it may seem the same, De." Selena argued. "But this is totally different."
"How is it totally different?"
"Because all I could stand to lose is a title and maybe waiting a few months till new champions are crowned if we lose. With the Scythes, you were hunted, my step-mother died, our child was kidnapped, our lives were endangered, do I need to go on?"
"I'm not saying it was a more dangerous scenario, but you blamed slash are blaming yourself for choices we made."

Selena opened her mouth to speak but Deanna's voice cut her off.

"I chose to stand by you because I love you. You're choosing to stand by me - and I'm in prison."
"Because I love you and I know you're innocent."
"And you have no idea how much I blame myself for all this. How much I hate making you sleep alone. Make our children grow with only one mother with them. I blame myself for all of that."
"But it isn't-"
"Selena, it is. I chose to come to Germany. I chose to go to that tavern. I chose to say hello to that boy, Frederick. The rest... I don't know what happened but it was all my choices and actions up to that point. But I can't blame myself for the choices others make. You wish to stay by my side - I am forever grateful and forever yours." She tightened her grip against Selena's arms. "But that is your choice. Just like standing by you was my choice. Just like you standing by Regan is your choice."

Selena both adored and hated this logic presented by her wife. Adored it because it was exactly what she needed Regan to see. Hated it because she was being as blind and foolish as Regan was being. Because, like Regan, Selena was blaming herself for the misfortune thrust upon her family year after year, catastrophe after catastrophe. But Deanna was right. At any time, Deanna could have left with the children and Selena wouldn't have stopped her. At any time, Selena could have left Deanna here in the prison and taken the children and Deanna wouldn't have stopped her. At any time, Selena could have left Regan, focusing on her new reign as United States Champion, and Regan wouldn't have stopped her.

They were all making a choice. A choice to stand by their family, those they loved. And the time for self-blame needed to end if they all hoped to survive all that was being thrown at them.

"I need her to understand what you've made me understand." Selena sighed.
"Well, I mean, I don't think it will mean the same to her coming from me." Deanna teased.
"Good point. You think we could put David Helms in prison and have them have a heart to heart like this?"
"Kind of a long walk for a short drink of water there, sweetheart." Deanna shot back. "Just tell her what I told you."

"No, it's more than that." Selena sighed. "Here with you, away from wrestling - cause it's usually on the other side of the world, you know? I feel I can breathe here. It was like when I went to Nome. Away from the noise and distractions, I can either focus and relax or I can come to you and just...listen to reason that isn't drowned out by the negativity of my detractors. I just... I need to do that for Regan so she can think. See what we're both saying now."

The redhead shrugged. "So bring her here."

"What?" Selena asked in surprise.
"Bring her here. Take her to the Schoenburg. Let her spend time with her godkids. Show her some spots there and have a heart to heart with her like we're having."

Selena wasn't sure what to feel. It was mixture of surprise and stupidity, mostly because she couldn't believe she hadn't thought of that earlier. "Do...do you think that will work?"
Deanna merely nodded. "Regan doesn't need to get her 'edge' back like you did when you went to Nome. She needs to be reminded what she's fighting for. It needs to be here, with family and friends...and her sister."

Smiling, Selena leaned over and kissed her wife's crown. She would call Regan as soon as this visit was over, leaving a message on her machine if she had to. It made sense and it excited the Snow Queen.

Because of Frozen Hell was going to steal the show at Rise to Greatness, SCW needed the Snow Queen and Hellcat to be on the same page....

Frozen Central

The camera fades into the empty arena of the Capital One Arena in Washington D.C. The set for tonight's episode of SCW Breakdown has already been built, as even from the shot from the back of the arena, one can see the metallic ramp way and the large screen at the top of said ramp and the nearly empty ring that the ramp leads to. It is 'nearly empty' as there is one woman sitting within its center under the blue and white lights, which work well to bounce off the metal of her newest acquired belt, which sits over her shoulder. The combined colours, the white of the woman's hear, the gold and red and blue and white of the belt she carries, and the red of the leather jacket she wears, with the white and blue lights... It is not hard to determine the identity of this woman, as Selena Frost is seen fully as the shot changes, her eyes cast on the title over her shoulder.

Is it wrong to be proud? She slowly turns her head to gaze into the camera and audience. Is it wrong to feel a sense of accomplishment when you overcome a set of obstacles? Is it wrong to feel empowered when, after hearing so many people - people you work with - say things like 'you don't belong here', 'you don't deserve this or that', 'your heart isn't in it', is it wrong to feel empowered when you prove them all wrong and you defy those people's lies and bullshit and you stand before them saying: Yes, I am! she holds up the title as she stands to her feet.

This! This says that I am 'good enough'. This says that my heart is in it - in SCW, in its standards - in the belief that hard work and passion and faith, they aren't just words. They are tools! They are tools that can hone your craft to a razor, making you deadly in all you do!

But you won't hear that from Chris Cannon or Christy Matthews.
she lowers the belt back onto her shoulder. No, what you'll hear is more excuses from Christy and more of a smear campaign from Chris Cannon. A man that thought my heart isn't it... A man who interfered in the finals of the tournament, not giving a damn about legitimacy for this belt - he's now concerned about the belt's 'greatness' and the division's 'prosperity'.

No. Chris Cannon cares only about Chris Cannon. And as he said, he'll take ANY title. And despite his words ringing with me, it was for different reason. Because I genuinely wanted this title defended at Rise to Greatness, while he was just angling for another title shot. Another chance to steal another title from someone with his ambushes and paid off help.

But I'm glad people were talking about this title after I won it. They were talking about it after the tournament was announced and they're talking about now that the title has a champion again, and if I have anything to say about it, they are going to keep talking about it before, during and after Rise to Greatness, on top of Frozen Hell winning the tag-team titles and Regan Street, the Hellcat, securing her rightful place as a Supreme Champion!
Selena smiles brightly.

Am I supposed to be upset that I'm now defending this title at Rise to Greatness? Is Tommy and Kandis patting eachother in the back? Or high-fiving one another while they stroke their egos? 'Oh! We got one on Selena! We tricked her to put her title on the line'.

You didn't trick me, guys. Unlike you, I've dealt with masterminds before. Vixen Cain, Xander Valentine, Ravyn Taylor, just to name a few. You didn't make me put that title on the line. You gave me the chance to put this title on the line. You gave me the chance to not only defend this belt like it's supposed to be defended on the greatest night SCW has every year, but also gave me the chance to push our match higher up! Raise the stakes! Make the world want to watch it now more than ever!
A wide grin spreads across Selena's face.

But that's all something that I'll talk about later as we get closer to Texas and Rise to Greatness. The truth is that tonight? Well, it's not about this. Lowering the belt off her shoulder, Selena walks towards the ropes. Leaning between them, she hands the belt to a waiting Mikalea Street, who takes it silent and heads backstage with it. Selena, meanwhile, returns to the center of the ring, the camera following her.

This isn't about the United States Championship yet. This isn't even about the tag-team championship yet. These will come at Rise. No, this is about a reality check to the tag-team division. A wake up call to every team that has mouthed off in the last few weeks. Selena's narrow. It's to every person that's questioned Regan and I as a team and every person that's tried to slide in and separate us. Deny Frozen Hell the chance to become the Tag-team champions.

You all know it. You know how it's haunted me. People rushing to Regan's side. Not because of her, but because they think I am the wrong partner for her. People like Xander, Datura, Blake Mason on occasion, Josh Hudson, I could go on. There really are too many to count. Yet, when push came to shove, when challenges came my way, I have persevered and that is why I am the United States Champion, yes, but that also is how I handle myself as Regan Street's partner. To those people? You just want the gold. You just want a title. Something to push you into a direction, maybe more money or more spotlight, but that's not it for me. This is about a dream. This is about family. This is about two sisters who have worked their asses off for years coming together to try and become something new. Something special. Something you don't see every day.

And the Tag-Team Champions, they think that Retribution killed all that. They thought we would roll over and play dead. They were wrong. They thought that if they attacked us in our matches, attacked us backstage, attacked our loved ones, that we would cower away. They were wrong. They thought we don't deserve those titles or to be in this division.

THEY. WERE. WRONG!
Selena's words echo throughout the arena for several seconds.

This is a reality check to them as well. Breakdown is the reality check that they understand that Frozen Hell - Regan Street and Selena Frost are not only a tag-team, but are a very REAL threat to their 'reign' as tag-team champions.

And unlike Tommy and Kandis, who'd rather just talk or hit and run, we intend to prove these words beyond a shadow of a doubt tonight. Because tonight, here in Washington D.C, Frozen Hell will face Las Bandidas de Gata Negra in tag-team action. A match to define the kind of tag-team ability and standards that Frozen Hell believes in.

Rolling her shoulders, Selena paces around the ring. Now in terms of what I think about Valeria and Maria? she shrugs. I'm unsure. On one hand, they've done their best to stay on scope within the tag-team community. On the other hand, I remember very clearly how you, Maria, during another tag-team match with me, Fatal Fortunes, cowered away and ran when things got rough. I remember pushing us to victory and yet, when I was being assaulted by Void, you turned tail and ran. Smart? Maybe, but it more so makes you a coward in my mind. Tag-team wrestling, I figured you'd know but maybe not, is about having your partner's back. Looking out for them so they remain safe inside and outside that ring. Because if they get hurt, the team gets hurt.

But I'm not here to argue mechanics of tag-team wrestling to those that should know. I'm here to tell you what I think, girls. And while I can respect your tactics to remain a focus in the division, standing up to the Golden Boys, of sorts, the reality is that I have a problem with both your teams.

You see, like the current tag-team champions, Golden Boys seem to think we don't belong here in this division either. They've stated that us losing at Rise to Greatness is a forgone conclusion. That they should get the title shot instead of us. It's not hard to see where I would have issue with that, as I know Regan would as well. But just like with Tommy and Kandis, the Golden Boys motivate Regan and I - just like I was motivated in that tournament - to prove them wrong. Because it's just another thing that will make winning the titles in Texas all the more satisfying!

The Snow Queen takes a slow breath, running a hand along the ropes.

And then we're back to you two, Valeria and Maria. And my issue with you is simple. You've made your presence known. You've stood up to the Golden Boys twice now, I believe. And yet, nothing's happened. No match. No tag-team display. And for all the "considerations for the tag-team titles" you've gotten? Selena shrugs with an excited smile. Well, I wanna see it. she shrugs again but this gesture holds more excitement. I want to be proven wrong about you two being cowards and I want to put on a tag-team match that Kandis and Tommy can't seem to do. I want us to tear the house down tonight and for one us to prove what we've been saying about our tag-team is correct! Because when this is over - when Rise to Greatness concludes and a new season of SCW begins, that standard is going to, one way or another, be more than present within the tag-team division.

Because you, the Golden Boys, perhaps A/C Unit, and who knows who else? They will be waiting for either the Ass Connection or Frozen Hell to emerge with the titles. And tonight, I want to give the SCW Universe and the True Believers a preview of who that team will be.

Selena leans into the camera. Because that team, ladies, will be Frozen Hell. Believe it! Selena walks off camera as it slowly fades to black.
The Views Expressed by “The Hellcat” Regan Street Are That of Her Own and Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

[Image: regan2020rp.png]

(Click Title)