Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Glory Braddock vs. Kelsai Adamson-Mason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline for ALL MATCHES: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, July 14, 2020
OOC: Matt, I have wanted this match for awhile. Best of luck to you. Everyone enjoy!

Nearly the End of the Innocence

Off Camera
Office of Dr. Lucio
Monday, July 13th, 2020
10 am

Have you ever had a secret, an awful secret really, a secret that only one other person on earth knew besides you, and currently you are doing whatever it takes for that secret to stay a secret even though the other person that know the truth is adamant that you need to start telling people?

That is exactly what is happening to me right now because while I will do anything to try and make sure that those closest to me, particularly my husband Victor does not find out that I have Major Depressive Disorder, my therapist Dr. Lucio is rather insistent that he does. It’s not that Victor will not be there to support me, because there is no question in my mind that Victor will be there right by my side through all of it. Victor will be there for me doing whatever he can do to help me through this. Dr. Lucio has yet to meet him in person only knowing Victor through the things that I have told her and she knows that Victor is going to be a great support for through all of this also. That is the major reason why Dr. Lucio wants me to tell Victor what is going on with my mental health, because as she has pointed out to me on multiple occasions, when you are fighting something like depression you need all of the support that you can possibly get from everyone.

Looking at it objectively too, normally I would agree with Dr Lucio 100 percent and I would have already made Victor aware of what  I have been going through, but this is not a normal time period for Victor and I. As everyone is probably already aware if they have been paying attention to me for the last little while, Victor and I, we are trying to be considered for adopting a baby. It’s not as easy as you might think. We have all of the financial resources that one could possibly desire, and yet there are still issues concerning whether or not Victor and I are actually ready to be parents. That is amazing to me when you think about everything that is going on in our world with parents and their children, some of the awful things that children are forced to
go through at the hands of the people that they are supposed to trust the most.

Seeing all of that Child Protective Services says they are not sure if Victor and I really are ready to be parents? Listen, I understand everything I just told you about children being abused and I know that is what Child Protective Services in association with adoption agencies are trying to prevent, but I still think that they are doing to my husband and I, making us jump through hoops like this is the very definition of bullshit.

The trouble is though, bullshit or not, if Child Protective Services or the adoption agencies get wind of the fact that I am having mental health issues?

We can probably say goodbye to adopting a baby for quite some time. Not only that but I know Victor so well and if he were to know that I was having these issues I really believe that although as I said before he would be very supportive of me, I also know that he would say that we are no longer trying to adopt until we deal with my mental health first. This is why telling Victor isn’t an option, and when I tell Dr. Lucio that I didn’t tell him like she asked me to last week, I only hope that she understands. Looking at her in her office right now?

I just don’t know; but we are going to find out.

“So, for the July 4th holiday you and Victor went to Boston to see his brother Blake because you were concerned about what he might do following his fiancee ending their engagement?”
“It was a bad time for Blake, as I am certain you can imagine, and he is kind of like a brother to both of us.”
“I can see that yes, especially when we are talking about how you feel about another person in your family Kelsai. However, I am much more concerned about Kelsai than I am about Blake.”
“You are more concerned about me? I am afraid that I don’t follow Dr. Lucio.”
“No, I believe you do follow Kelsai. Let me ask you something even though I am pretty sure that I already know what your response is going to be. Did you get a chance to talk with Victor about your mental health condition?”
“No Dr. Lucio, but you know how I am. One someone that I love needs something, that person is going to come first. It is just how I was made.”

Dr. Lucio sits up in her chair looking at me like she is trying to get me to crack and get me to say or do something that I did not want so I needed to stay strong. It was made easier by the fact that all though there was more to it than just what was said there and I think that Dr. Lucio knows that as well, that last statement that I just made to her was nothing but the truth. Several moments pass with neither one of us saying anything until…

“Kelsai, I know how important it is to you that you can be with everyone that you love in their time of need.”
“Like Blake. Terrible everything that he was going through.”
“Yes, just like Blake. How would you feel then if you were no longer around to help people like Blake whenever they needed you the most?”
“Well I don’t plan on going anywhere Dr. Lucio, but I guess that would really kind of suck for them if I did.”
“That’s the crazy thing about dying though Kelsai, nobody ever really plans on it ahead of time, one thing leads to another and it just sort of happens.”

Every now and then there are times in a person’s life in which something happens and they just drop whatever else they are doing and they are only focused on one thing because everything else just stops. For me, this was one of those times as Dr. Lucio really knew how to get my undivided attention when she needed it.

“Whoa, back that train up there for just a minute. You think that I am going to die, Dr. Lucio?”
“I certainly hope not. You are a young woman who is filled with a genuine compassion and love for other people that is second to none. Sometimes I really wonder why you went into a profession where you need to fight for a living. This world would really be missing out on someone really special if you were not here for some reason.”
“I’m going to do everything that I possibly can to make sure that won’t be happening.”
“I want to believe that to Kelsai, but I just don’t think you really understand you important your mental health is.”
“Why would you say something like that? I am coming here to see you regularly and no one is forcing me to do that. I am doing it all on my own.”
“At the end of our last session, I gave you some homework to do before today. All that you needed to do was discuss my diagnosis of your mental health issues, but that didn’t happen did it?”
“I thought that you understood that the reason that it didn’t happen was because of everything that was happening with Blake. I had every intention of coming home and talking to Victor immediately while everything was still fresh in my mind, but then when I got in the door he was already on a zoom call with Blake. When Victor explained to me what was going on after the call there really wasn’t any time to think.”

Having gotten to know Dr. Lucio and her expressions pretty well by now, I could tell the she was
not buying what I was trying to sell her at this point. What I had no indication of however was just how thin her patience was wearing with me. If I would have been aware of this, perhaps I would have been a little bit more agreeable to what it was that she was trying to get me to do. After all it was things that were for my own benefit she was trying to get me to do, though her patience was running out.

“I know that you had issues concerning Blake that you and Victor needed to deal with immediately when you first came home. I don’t have a problem with that either. But, and I think that you are well aware of this too, there were nine more days before this session today, so you can’t fault me when I start thinking to myself that maybe Kelsai isn’t taking this too seriously.”
“No, no Dr. Lucio, I assure that I am taking my mental health situation very serio…”
“Disorder. You do not have a “mental health situation” you have the beginning stages of major depressive disorder. The longer that it goes untreated, the more likely it is to cause serious risk to you. Seriously, can you not see how important this is?”
“I assure you that I know just how important that this disorder is. That is why I am coming here to work with you, and I really feel that it is starting to show positive results too.”
“I think it’s  wonderful that you are starting to feel like this is showing positive results, but the treatment will only work completely if you do what I have asked you to and you did agree to when we discuss this. You said that I was correct in thinking that Victor would be a tremendous support for you yet it doesn’t seem like you want his support, why is that?”
“I do want my husband's support and I know that I will have it.”
“You claim that you know you will have his support if you just tell him what is going on, just like you say that you understand how important it is that you have his support through this so I am left with just one question.”
“And what question is that?”
“Why don’t you trust your husband?”

There are certain things that you should not say to me no matter who you are, and one of them definitely is to ask me why I do not trust my husband. I didn’t want for there to be an issue between the two of us, but when I hear that I am not trusting Victor? It does make me get my back up.

“I do trust Victor and you are way out of line for suggesting that I do not!”
“Then why won’t you talk to him about something so important? What are you trying to avoid?”
“Because I want to be able to adopt a baby and as soon as I tell Victor about my disorder I am terrified that he is going to say that we should not adopt a baby right now!”
“Kelsai, you are sick alright? You are sick and your husband says that the two of you need to focus on you first before adopting, I agree with him. You should not be looking to adopt a baby right now, I’m sorry. It does mean that the two of you and never going to adopt a child it just means that right now may not be the right time.
“NO!”
“Why is this so important to you?”

I really wanted to avoid getting into specifics of the situation as honestly there was a bigger issue at hand here, but at this point I was so upset that it wasn’t making a difference anymore. If Dr. Lucio wanted to find out what was going on inside my head, she had better be prepared for it.

“Because if we put off adopting I might find out that Victor does not want to adopt a baby as much as I do and honestly I just don’t think that I can take that.”
“Don’t you think that is something that you really ought to discuss amongst yourselves and seeing how Victor really feels ahead of time?”
“I want to adopt a baby not only because I want to be a Mom but also because my Momma and Daddy adopted me but they didn’t tell me about it for so long and I know that Victor and I will tell our baby when the time is right that we adopted them rather than waiting for so long to tell them leaving them angry hurt and confused damn it!”
“And now we are getting somewhere.”
“Excuse me?”
“Finally I have a better grasp of why it is so important to you to adopt, and really it does make perfect sense. You are trying to fix what your parents did to you by waiting so long to tell you about the adoption process.”
“Yes, that they had no right not to tell me the truth about the adoption. What did they think was going to happen? That they would tell me the truth and I would never want to talk to them again?”
“Kelsai, it is really hard to say what they might have been thinking but I can tell you that it doesn’t change the fact that you are sick, and you are going to need support to get through all of this, your husband’s support even if you might not like what he says as a result of learning of your condition. So I think with our time just about over for this session I am going to need to give you an ultimatum.”

Oh shit, I don’t know exactly what she means by that, but I know that it can’t be good.

“An ultimatum.”
“Yes. you either need to tell Victor about your disorder and just how serious it is or there is nothing else I can do to help you so if I find out that you still have not told Victor about your disorder I will be forced to discharge you.”

I am stunned, but I'm sure it got the desired result that Dr. Lucio wanted.

“Alright, I will tell Victor about my disorder and just how serious it is”
“Good, thank you.”

I stood up, and not another word was spoken as I left the office knowing that I have no alternative; if I wish to keep seeing Dr. Lucio, I must tell Victor about my disorder.

Best In The World

On camera

“We are a little bit less than two weeks away from the biggest event in professional wrestling history SCW's Rise to Greatness XVII and I do know now what I will be doing as a part of that party. That is because Jay Gold asked me to be his partner as we will be taking on The Wonderland, or at least we hope that it will be Cain and Alice this time. I wasn't expecting Jay to come to me and ask this, but I was happy to oblige nonetheless as that whole fiasco never really had any sense of finality to it, but now it will.

I can honestly say that was the highlight of the evening for me to last week on Breakdown too. Don't misunderstand me either, because it was really exciting to be in the ring with my good friend and the current SCW Television Champion Cookie Dreams, but I have to say that I really would have liked to have been on the other end of that match. Being a three-time Television Champion is something that I wanted to receive the opportunity for and when I got one, I was determined to make the most of it. However, as has been happening more and more recently I lost the match and although this might surprise some people I did get a little frustrated by that. Not that people should be surprised really when you consider what I have said before on multiple occasions just how important it is to me to try and win every single match that I am in. See, I am a professional wrestler and I want to be the very best professional wrestler in the world, and right now just going by my track record of wins and losses I am quite a ways off from being considered as the best in the world. Granted, I am still young, and with about 14 months experience in SCW there is so much I still have to learn. But when the losses continue to mount one after another like they have for some time now, it’s really difficult to not start second guessing yourself, and all of the sudden the girl with so much potential that everybody loves so much and who loves them back is not there anymore sometimes, I just can’t help it. I wish that I wasn’t like that sometimes but I can’t help it. I want to win and when I don’t, which seems like most of the time lately, I am disappointed by that.

People expect me to be perky and bubbly all of the time, and so when I am not, this is a huge shocker for most people. What can I say though, everything is not unicorns and rainbows in my life even though I am convinced that is exactly what people think about when they think of me.

Don't take my word for it though, let's ask someone whose opinion really matters on the subject, so what about it Glory Braddock, is that what you expect from me? I mean I am only 23 years-old, I should just be happy that SCW is giving me a job, and I shouldn't worry about things as trivial as winning and losing, right boss? See for those of you that are not aware, I call Glory boss, because Glory is actually my boss, as in the owner of Global Championship Wrestling. I still remember the first time I meant Glory in GCW and I have to tell you everyone that was just so exciting for me.

I mean that is Glory Braddock and if you have been living under a rock and have missed this somehow, she is the Best in the World! Again I am only 23 years old, meeting Glory was an honor, someone that I have been idolized and looked up to for pretty much my entire life since I have always wanted to be a wrestler. I was so nervous when I went in to meet you that first time in your office Glory. I remember sitting out in the waiting room and Victor had to keep telling me to stop jiggling my leg because I was making him nervous. Because not only is Glory one of the most decorated competitors in the history of our industry, she was at that time one of the most respectful and respected wrestlers to grace the squared circle.

Do you remember what it was that you told me that first time that I met you back in your office Glory? It's okay if you don't because I am going to be honest with you and say that I can't recall it myself and it's not an issue when you think about it because you and I, we are going to get to make some memories together right? That is because, while we had to wait for just over a year and a half into my professional career, we are finally going to face each other in the ring. That’s right everyone, on the road to Rise to Greatness XVII, I get to take on the great Glory Braddock.

I would be lying if I didn’t tell you Glory that I have wanted this match for quite some time, to see how I stack up when faced with one of the great women in the history of the industry. However, I would also be remiss if I didn’t tell you that recent events have caused me to, how shall we say, temper my enthusiasm for facing you, because quite honestly you just haven’t been the Glory that I have been used to for so long. Gone is the woman who carried herself both inside and outside the ring with such incredible humility and grace, a woman that was loved by the fans and respected by her fellow competitors. Sadly, the woman that has been replaced by a far more conceited, self centered and shallow person. I know that you are not going to like that fact that I am saying this tomorrow, and I am sure you as well as your friends will have rather pointed words toward me on social media, but in the grand scheme of things I honestly don’t care. I have had it with people acting like they are entitled rather than earning their spot, and know just because you have earned your spot before, doesn’t give the right to look down on other people now.

Do you understand what I am saying Glory?

The business is always changing and if you think that you are entitled to something just because of things that you have done in your past, I am here to tell you that you have no right! You are not better than me because of what you have accomplished in your past, and trust me, I know all about that past because I was one of your biggest fans, but not anymore. What can I say? I guess brash arrogance  just doesn’t do it for me. Never has and it never will. I believe in trying to prove myself every time I step into an arena around the world because I look into the eyes of the fans, I realize that whatever show they are seeing me live at, that just might be the only time that they are seeing me live forever. That means something to me Glory, and somewhere down deep inside maybe that means something to you as well.

So I am going to hope that even as likely as you are going to be upset with me when you at this video, I am also going to hope that I can appeal to the old Glory, even though I doubt that is possible because I just don't think that she is there anymore. If she is I am going to hope that she shows up for our match on Breakdown, because while I know that I am likely to go into this match huge underdog, I also have a Hall of Famer in my corner that has told me time and again that anything is possible so I know that I can beat you Glory. The old Glory wouldn’t have minded hearing me say, she would like that fire, that competitive spirit in me.

She would respect me while being respectful.

Can you do that for me Glory? Can you respect me while being respectful?

I want to think that you still can, but I am going to say that honestly I am not holding my breath and instead I am getting ready to face the egocentric superstar you are now so prove me wrong if you still have it in you. I know all of the fans who Let Love In would love to see that.

Either way, it is going to be one heck of a match when we face each other on Breakdown, a lot closer than people might be expecting.

I will make sure of that.”