Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Alistaire Allocco vs. Jay Gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline for ALL MATCHES: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, July 14, 2020
RED SUN RISING

DATE:  Friday, July 9, 2020
TIME:  6:10 A.M.
CITY:  Springfield, Missouri

[Wednesday night you would think would have left me with a feeling of satisfaction.  Being I got Gavin Taylor down for three seconds you would believe that would be a weight off my shoulders, and that Mr. Hoffman rescinding his ridiculous lawsuit would be another one off, however that simply just isn’t so.  Those two have been my biggest nuisances as of late and honestly, I will NEVER forgive either of them for what they did.  Gavin for his repetitive cheating and Hoffman for having an issue with me when his issue sits with the same hooligan he works for.  Many will say I’m being petty, especially in regards to Gavin’s antics, but really I’m not.  It’s truly what is wrong with not just SCW, but the entire world, today.  There are a lot of people out there that unfortunately believe they can do whatever they want.  What they don’t understand is that there are regulations too.  For example you can’t just speed down the highway at 100 miles per hour and not expect any consequences.  Basically put, the road is not your playground.  We all have EARNED the responsibility to drive.  Unfortunately many forget that.  It is also unfortunately the reason why I am up at this early hour, not the best dressed, but from the room at the smaller motel I’m staying in I heard the crash just outside a few short minutes ago.  I hastily got dressed and made sure to grab one of my face masks from my belongings before dashing outside to see if any help was needed.  I got to the scene just as I heard police sirens.  After checking both cars right now, I can see that no one was hurt, thankfully, but both cars had sustained a lot of damage.  The first squad car of two dispatched stops his car and looks at the scene himself.  I wait off to the side, knowing he will want to speak with me, while socially distanced of course.  After he is done examining, he turns to me.]

Police Officer:
“Officer Smith, Springfield PD.  Did you happen to see what happened?”

Jay:
“Unfortunately no.  The crash woke me up.  I’m staying here at the motel.  I only came out to make sure everyone in both cars was okay.  They seem alright.”

Officer Smith:
“Alright, thank you, Misterrr…”

Jay:
“Gold.  Jay Gold.”

Officer Smith:
“Thank you.  You can go if you want to.”

[I back away from the scene but am choosing to stay outside.  I look to the east and quite fittingly a red sun is rising.  Not only is this clearly going to be a hot day in the nation’s midsection, it’s also going to be a day that is going to make me burn inside even more than I have been.  My attention must turn to The Wonderland, and not for my sake.  It needs to be fully there for Kelsai’s sake, for Owen’s sake, for Kelcey Wallace’s sake, for Aaron’s sake, for the entirety of SCW’s future’s sake really.  When I look at the situation, there is one good thing.  Giovanni and his associates do not know me all that well.  They don’t know what I am fully capable of when I am 100 percent focused on the task at hand.  Even though I am of the smaller variety compared to some of the wrestlers in SCW, I have made up for it with knowledge and smarts.  I know when I have to act and how I have to act.  While Gavin Taylor definitely did rattle me some, he made it clear to me that I had to act just like him in order to proceed past him and move on to this other problem that not just I have been plagued with, but many in SCW have been plagued with as well.]

[Turning back, I see the accident scene one more time, some smoke still billowing from beneath both hoods.  I shake my head, glad that it is one mess I am not responsible for cleaning up.  Hmm… cleaning up…  That actually gives me a good idea.  Being I know I won’t be able to get back to sleep being day has broken, I may as well take these few extra hours I have to do something useful.  And well, there is definitely something that needs to be “cleaned up” so to speak, not just here in Springfield, Missouri, but really across our entire country, and maybe the entire world.  I know this many sound unpopular, and I do get the grieving and protesting that has been going on for the past few months, but in so many places it has gone way too far, including downtown Springfield.  I know where to go.  I know what to do.  I want to help a few of the businesses that damaged by the unlawful rioters.]

[With purpose I head back to my room, get dressed, and within very little time I am heading back out to drive into the downtown area, to see if any business owners need assistance.  While I’m on my way there I pick up a little breakfast at a Dunkin Donuts and quickly nosh on it before driving the rest of the way.  As I get out of the car the heating of the day has already begun to sink in.  It is very hot, very humid, but with the red sun beating down, I’m ready to go to work.  I always have loved helping out those who are truly in need.  It doesn’t take me long to see someone already sweating, out in front of a currently closed restaurant, clearly at least an employee of the place, but something tells me it might be the owner.  I park in a random spot and get out, of course donning my mask before I do so.  He immediately talks out to me, telling me the place is closed, which leads to my obvious reply.]

Jay:
“I’m here to help.  Even if you can’t reopen due to COVID, I want to fix the damage that I’m assuming was done by protest rioters?”

Restaurant Owner:
“Oh.  Well this is unexpected.  But yes, it happened due to a protest gone wrong on the night of July 4th.  I came here the morning after and as you can see all the windows were smashed and the awning was completely destroyed.  The inside is in really bad shape too.  I lost a lot of product that was still good as people looted it for whatever reason.”

Jay:
“Hey, I fully understand.  Where I’m from in upstate New York, our area was looted too.  Many businesses were forced to close, and not just due to the virus.  We even lost an ice cream shop in my neighborhood because of one protest that went wrong.  Is it okay if I help you out as much as I can?”

[He looks completely shocked, baffled, and probably feeling at least some happiness that someone is willing to lend him a helping hand.]

Restaurant Owner:
“Well sure.  The name is James.  James Rice.”

Jay:
“Jay Gold.  Let me know what you need done first.”

James Rice:
“I guess you can help me put the ladder up and assist with the awning.  I have been unable to get that back up into place on my own.  All my employees have been too concerned about the virus to come out.  Hopefully we will be able to reopen soon.  We have lost so much money over the past few months.  It’s crazy.”

Jay:
“I know crazy, Mr. Rice.”

[I can hear myself genuinely speaking to him.  This definitely is a nice break from the norm that is SCW.  Ugh, I shouldn’t have thought about those three letters.  Back to work.  I help him get the tall ladder he has up and climb it myself.  I have him pass me one side of the awning.  He first passes me some very strong looking nails in a clear box and a hammer.  I place those down on the roof as he sends up a side of the awning.  I hold onto the awning, already with a nail up against it, with my left hand and then with my dominant right hand I use the hammer and whack the nail in a few times hard and then finish it off more daintily until it is fully in.  I am already beginning to feel the heat, but I would rather feel the burn of the red sun then deal with some of the other things I have had to deal with as of late.]

[Slowly yet surely I finish getting the awning up.  It takes a few trips up and down the ladder but the point is I have accomplished something for a business that is in need.  It makes me feel good to know that I am not trying to destroy the world, but instead build it back up.  Honestly our whole world needs to be rebuilt, and not just with the reopening of businesses and schools and whatnot.  We should all help to do our part to make our world a better place.  I know it sounds like I’m standing on a pedestal right now, but I’m not.  I’m saying what needs to be said.  I’m doing what needs to be done.  Heck, even Giovanni and his goons should be able to comprehend that making the world a better place will lead us to the TRUE Wonderland.]

[But I get it.  I really do.  He is lost in his own imagination.  We all get lost sometimes.  Hopefully this Rise To Greatness season they will all find themselves.  Because I will say this, if Cain and Alice don’t, they will fall.  And Giovanni will succumb shortly thereafter, that is if Owen Cruze doesn’t finish him off.]

[But that is in the future.  Right now I am going to continue helping this business rise up from the ashes, because that is what I do when I am in the right frame of mind.  I help.  With that said I get back down from the ladder and head inside the restaurant to help out more, able to get away from the red hot sun for at least some amount of time.  I don’t know what can be done about the broken windows, but at least I can help him repair most of the rest of the damage.  As I assist him I can see him gaining confidence that he and his business will recover.  After a while he thanks me for my help.]

Jay:
“You’re welcome Mr. Rice.  It was nice meeting you and helping you out with what I could.  You helped me out too.  Helped me to take my mind off of things.”

Mr. Rice:
“Then the you’re welcome is mutual.  Thank you Mr. Gold, and if you’re around town again once we are reopened, I’ll give you a free meal on the house.  It’s the least I can do.”

Jay:
“I appreciate that.  Thanks.  I better get going.  Unfortunately there is just so much to do.”

Mr. Rice:
“I know the feeling.  Take care.”

[I nod and then leave the restaurant.  Being it’s close to 1 in the afternoon now I am getting hungry so I head down the street to pick up a quick sandwich and a drink before driving back to the motel.  Hastily I pack my things that I have out and then check out of the motel, knowing that in just a few hours I should be in Columbia, Missouri.  Yes, I have been checking out many of our SCW house shows, just mainly to make sure no one does anything they will regret.  I truly care about SCW that much.]

DATE:  Tuesday, July 14, 2020
TIME:  9:48 P.M.
CITY:  Washington, DC

[Pennsylvania Avenue.  This is one of, if not THE most famous streets in all of America.  Right now though it is a street of controversy, much like any other street around our entire country today.  You never know when the next accident will happen.  You never know when the next protest will start up.  You never know when a gunshot will be fired.  You never know when utter chaos will occur.  So I am keeping my distance as much as I can.  Even though it’s now nighttime there are still a few people around with picket signs.  I would love to tell each and every single one of them nicely to go home, but they will just tell me that they are exercising the second amendment.  That’s fine and they do have the right to do that, so since it’s peaceful, I’m leaving well enough alone.  May as well take in the sights as the last time I got the time to sightsee here in our nation’s capital was back when I was in eighth grade.  It’s been so long.]

[I have my cell phone out and snap a few pictures, commemorating the fact I got to be here in this spot at such a tumultuous time.  I am now moving on, heading in the direction of some of the historic landmarks that are nearby.  As I turn the corner I do here some commotion so I hold back and head in a different direction.  Now finding myself off by myself and unable to head into the direction I wanted to go, I may as well take the time to speak towards my opponent that I will facing in the ring either tomorrow night here in DC or next week up and over in Milwaukee.]

Jay:
“It’s at times like these where we all need to slow our roles, stop, and smell the roses, realizing how good our world used to be not so many months ago.  Before COVID, and before what happened in Minnesota took place.  We weren’t fully at peace obviously, but these past few months have been nothing short of a global downfall.  We need to really study what truly happened, and then move forward thinking about how we can make it all better.  Of course this isn’t a boo-boo that can be covered with a simple band-aid.  It is going to take us all a LONG time to recover.  This isn’t even a leg injury that will heal up in several months.  Globally it will take us YEARS to be whole once again.  Hopefully each and every single one of us learns what must be done and we all actually follow through on doing it.  Then social distancing will no longer be necessary.  The unnecessary riots will cease.  And healing will truly be able to begin.”

“That being said, Alistaire, I do hope you will continue to be on the mend.  Matt Hodges is an asshole.  He always has been and always will be.  It’s something that all of us can count on.  At least he makes it clear what he is, and both of us have made it clear who we are.  So no, I am NOT looking to injure you any further than you already have been.  You don’t need to look back too far to see that I’m telling the truth.  Look what happened when Selena and I faced.  We both realized what had happened and both chose to stop competing that night, instead saving it for another time.  I really did try my best to get that to happen during the United States Title tournament, but Gavin chose to be what he is… a glorified cheater.  So alas, Selena and I have to wait a little longer.  It truly was a breath of fresh air facing her, just like it will be the same against you.  You may know this, but yes, I DO include you in the list of names that will bring in the bright future of SCW.  And I want to be here to fully see it happen.  So may seem to think that I’m only about the past because most of my success happened all those years ago, but I’m not.  The past happened.  All those championships I won, it happened.  Gaining hall of famer status, it happened.  But this is the here and now, and I for one want to make waves NOW.  I know you want to win against me before you head to Rise To Greatness to face Matt Hodges.  I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to beat you Alistaire.  I do, and yes you damn will be getting a LOT out of me, probably more than you thinking you might be getting.”

“Yes, I have been distracted by the likes of Gavin Taylor and lackies of the Wonderland, but they have done something to me that they definitely did not want to do.  They woke me up!  And Alistaire, I’m sorry if it seems like I’m losing it while we face off in that ring, but it will just be me feeling what I need to do.  I hope you don’t think any less of me on the other side, because I’m telling you if we get interrupted by Hodges, the Wonderland, Gavin, Aubrianna, hell anyone that has been spitting in the face of SCW’s future as of late, NO ONE will be safe.  Obviously I will fight on your side if that happens, but I apologize right now if I do happen to injure you any more than you are right now.  Besides, I bet you are feeling more than just physical pain.  I have seen it in your eyes backstage.  You love Peyton, yet a few times I have seen that you are quite distracted.  Trust me, I’m 39, I’ve had that look in my own eyes sooo many times before I married Martha.  I just want to let you know if you do have any emotional pain, you can confide in me Alistaire.  I wouldn’t mind giving advice as it would take my mind off the bad things going on in the world.”

[I crane my neck to look back around the corner.  What’s causing the commotion is still there, so I stay put.  At least I have Alistaire to preoccupy me from the inconvenience.]

Jay:
“Just keep that in mind.  As far as where my head is at, well, I want it to be solely on you.  But I’m being realistic here.  We both know our match is not going to go unwatched and unadulterated.  There are too many people around that would love nothing more than to have the spotlight on them and ruin our match.  Sadly I expect it to happen.  I will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn’t, but I’m not holding my breath.  Just know that no matter what the outcome is between us, I will keep respecting you and I hope you will continue to have the same opinions you have of me.  Because that is what I have ALWAYS been about and what I will continue to be about here in SCW until I need to retire from the wrestling ring for good.”

“I will guarantee this though.  That won’t be for quite some time.  Once I feel that SCW is truly in its Golden Years and is in very little danger from ones like Giovanni Aries, the Beauty Factory, and Infamous… I will then think about stepping aside and letting the future continue to shine bright.  Not like any of you haven’t been shining already anyways.  For now though, I’m here to help Alistaire, even if I do have to face those whom I respect.”

[That’s all I have to say.  I poke my head around the corner yet again as I can now see flashing lights in the distance.  They do come and break up the commotion.  Feeling that the situation is winding down, I now head in the direction I want to go in.  Hopefully SCW will soon come out of its holding pattern and get to do the same thing.  And I am damn sure SCW wants to go in a good direction, one that showcases its future, instead of showcasing those who are only out for themselves.  Hopefully soon the burning red suns that they are will set, so those who are truly here for SCW’s future will get to rise to the greatness that they are working so hard to obtain.]