Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Stars & Bars (James Jefferson & Clive Jakobsen) vs. Crystal Zdunich & Maria Salvatore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4 RP Limit for tag

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Flashback 1: A Fateful Night: Hero in the Streets (Age 17)

A younger James in his even then customary black outfit with black trench coat was walking down a dark street in the middle of a bustling city. Around him you could hear the sounds of distant traffic from the interstate. As he walks you can hear the sounds of music and conversations coming from the bars.

"What do you mean?

"You know what I mean Adam."

There were several other people walking the street that night but as usual at that time of night no one really talked to strangers. It was just safer that way. Suddenly the night is shattered by the sounds of a woman's scream.

"Help me!"

James's head snaps up and to find the source of the screams. She screams again and he is able to pinpoint the location. He runs down the street, his boots pounding on the cement sidewalk. The sounds of several men laughing are heard as he rounds a corner. James continues to run towards the sounds as the woman screams again. The men laugh again this time closer almost on top of James.

He continues to run looking into the alleyways as he passes. As he runs he passes a couple more buildings and there in the alleyway right in the light are three men surrounding a woman. The woman, a pretty blond in a red knee length dress, was pressed up against the wall of the building behind her. The men three hoodlums out for a night's fun.

"Hey babe you ready to have some fun?"

James takes this in instantly and charges the men. The man in the middle is knocked over and James proceeds to beat his face in with his fists. By this time the other two men rip James off of their friend. James moves closer to the ring, the world moving in slow motion as his mind moves overtime as he thinks about the fact that he had saved that woman's life. After several minutes of fighting James has the three on the ground and he turns to the woman. She had stood there completely dazed by the whole encounter. James makes his way towards her to make sure she wasn't hurt.

"You ok miss? Did they hurt you?"

James could tell she was still scared since she was shaking like a tree in the wind. On her arms he could see the start of finger shaped bruises from where the men had grabbed her. In a shaking timid voice she manages to sob out an answer.

"Th...th...thank you. I am fine."

The sound of a handgun being cocked causes James to turn. He sees the man he had first tackled standing in front of him holding a Colt .45 aimed at the woman's chest.

"We can't have her no one can."

James pushes the woman out of the way as he dives forward. BANG. BANG. The sound of two gunshots rips through the night followed by the woman's screams. A split second later the bullets rip into James's chest with a sickening thud.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The pain hit him an instant later causing him to fall back against the wall. His legs give out and his slides down the wall leaving the two blood streaks behind him to mark his descent. Jame grits his teeth slightly as he continues to walk towards the ring. He remembered the reasoning that had shot through his mind before he had pushed the woman aside. It was either let her get shot and be no better than the man who had pulled the trigger. Or as he had done push her out of the way and take the bullets himself. Neither option had been great but in times like that you had to do what you felt was right and hope for the best. He continues to move towards the ring, his hands making contact with the hand of a few lucky front row fans. The world was still moving in slow motion. His mind was still racing as he continued forward.

"Hold him still he is going into shock."

The feeling of being held down comes to his fogged mind. He continues to struggle against the weight. His mind was a jumble as it only reached him. Then he remembers what had happened. He had been shot in the chest. How was the woman?

"Will he be alright? He saved my life."

"It is too early to tell we need to get him into surgery."

Suddenly James feels a board slide under him. Then he is strapped down. He is lifted up like he is floating. It does dark as he hears doors slamming shut and the world starts to move. Beep. Beep. Beep. The sounds of life support machines greet him as he regains consciousness.

"He is regaining consciousness."

"Thank God. I am glad he is going to make it. He saved my life last night."

He slowly opens his eyes to see his mother and the woman from the alleyway. Footsteps are heard as his father appears behind his mother. James slowly stirs as he tries to talk.

"I feel like crap."

Laughs are heard from the three people in the room as the woman he had saved steps forward and takes his right hand.

"Thank you James for saving me from those guys last night. You were so brave. I am sorry you got shot."

James groans as the memory of the night before came back to him. So it hadn't been a dream. He had taken bullets to the chest. Looks down and sure enough his chest was bandaged up. It also explained why he felt like he had been run over by a runaway train.

Reactivation [Part 1]

Pure Wrestling Empire Academy
Reno, Nevada
July 1st, 2020
Mid Afternoon

James Jefferson, was a man who had years before been an active wrestler. He had won a handful of titles during his time in the ring and had made several attempts at getting back into things. Yet, his greatest accomplishment was opening the Pure Wrestling Empire Academy. In the thirteen years since its founding he had helped change the lives of hundreds of youth. Hundreds of youth seeking to have a sense of belonging without turning to crime or drugs. 

Yet, for all the accomplishment James felt for his work with teens he wanted to get into the ring. The last time he had held a championship was before the birth of his eldest daughter Jenna. He had heard about an open invite tournament in a place called Unified Global Wrestling Coalition at their WrestleStock event but knowing that his long time friend and business partner was taking part he had decided that he would avoid taking part. However, it had just sparked James' desire to get back into the ring. 

Even more so was the fact that he knew his daughters would be taking part in the Imperial Youth Wrestling exhibition matches that were going to be part of the WrestleStock event. An event he had agreed to take part in as a referee and chaperone. However, knowing that his daughters who were only eleven and twelve would be taking part in public wrestling made him wonder if he still had it in the ring. He knew he had been keeping fit by keeping up on his training. After all, he was running a wrestling training school and had to keep the air of knowing what he was doing in the ring. 

"Hey, James you seem lost in thought there."

"I am just thinking about getting back into the ring somewhere Imanov."

James says the words and realizes that it was the truth. He wanted to get back into the ring as an active competitor but he didn't have a clue on where he would end up signing a contract at. All he knew is that he wouldn't get involved with any of the companies that his business partner and family friend Nathaniel Grant was involved with. 

"Call the The General and see what he says. I have been thinking about a return myself. Maybe we can find somewhere that needs our Special Operations experience."

James nods thoughtfully as he contemplates his future in the wrestling business. 

Flashback 2: The Last Mission (October 2006)

A slightly younger uniformed James is leaning against a tan colored Abram. All around were other similarly dressed men waiting for action. He was a tank driver and his armored division had just gotten into position and the order to take a break to stretch their legs and grab a bite to eat had been given. So there James was getting a quick bite to eat while leaning on the treads of his tank. Suddenly the night flashes bright white as a loud explosion rips through the night.

Instantly James jumps into the tank and prepares to roll out his meal now forgotten as his training kicks in and takes over. He would await orders. The rest of the crew was in and ready in seconds as they awaited orders.

Suddenly the tank lurches to the side throwing James forward into the control panel knocking him out. As he passes out all he hears is static in his head set.

~~~

James slowly comes to feel a bed under him and the sound of beeping machines. He opens his eyes and is greeted by darkness. He blinks in frustration and still nothing can be seen. He must have made growls since a doctor comes over and speaks to him.

"You are lucky to be alive son. You were in a coma for a week. Don't worry the blindness will pass. It was a side effect of your head injury. Give it a couple of weeks."

His tank was hit with an explosive that had slammed his head into the control panel and sent him into a week-long coma. When James woke up he had been blind. The blindness eventually went away but the Army discharged him on medical grounds. James had remained in the reserve but the odds of his being pulled back up to active duty are slim to none.

Recactivation [Part 2]

Reno, Nevada
July 18th, 2020
Late Morning

It had been an interesting couple of weeks for James Jefferson. He had done his part for the Imperial Youth Wrestling exhibitions at WrestleStock. In doing so he had come to the realization that he needed to step back into the ring. Which is why he had made the arrangements to have a meeting of some close friends and training partners. 

"I am sure you all know by now that I am looking to get back into active competition. I called you all here because years ago we started something that got derailed by the very thing we were trying to expose. I know things have changed with Lu Chen getting married to Aaron and going her own way. Yet, I called The General and he found a company that we could fit in well with."

James pauses as he looks around the small gathering. He knew his wife was on board with his getting back in the ring and even if he had to go it alone he would find some active competition. Imanov with his polish pride and the need to prove he had beaten his personal demons sat there looking thoughtful. Clive Jakobsen who had long since moved to Reno had a look of hungry desire in his eyes as he sat there contemplating what he was hearing. 

"That is right, I have found a company that could use the benefit of our presence. When James called me to get back into active competition I was puzzled why he didn't ask my son. Then I realized that the last time you were all in the same company as my son the management politics destroyed all of you. My son included. I am going to ask this now, do you all feel up to reactivating SpecOps?"

The voice of the elderly Nigel Grant, a man who to others in prior days had been known as Santaram causes the group to turn and stare at the seven foot tall man who had just entered the room. Nigel wore his trademark three piece purple suit and gold tie and strode into the room with an air of confidence that many much younger men lacked. He joins the group and takes a seat at the table they were at in the lounge while waiting for an answer.

"I am game though I have to ask what about Lu Chen? Shouldn't she be here for this?"

"She is walking her own path Clive and it is on that doesn't involve SpecOps right now. She is where she wants to be and you know she has some things she has to work out for herself. You remember the last time we did this the off mission trouble she caused"

Everyone in the room nods as they recalled all too well the solo acts Lu Chen had committed years before. Acts that had found her a husband but left the group in a bind. James knew more of the story than most so knew that Lu Chen's absence from the group was probably for the best. 

"I propose we reactivate SpecOps wherever The General has found for us to compete as we are now. I know we are missing a member but maybe we can find some to come in later. I for one want to see what we can do without some of the side drama that happened last time."

"So where are we going General?"

Nigel grins and pulls out a stack of papers from a pocket on the inside of his suit and hands them out to each of the people present. 

"SpecOps is going to a place called Supreme Championship Wrestling. Later next week they are having their biggest show of the year before taking a few weeks off of programming. We probably won't see action until late August when they start their next round of shows but I figure we can commit now and get ready for when they let us know when and where the next show is. Does anyone have any objections to signing contracts with these folks?"

A few minutes pass as each member of the SpecOps and their managers take a look over the papers Nigel had passed out. When each had had a chance to look the documents over they all shared a look of silent contemplation before each gave a nod of acceptance. James smiled at them all as he spoke for the group. 

"I think we all agree. Do what you need to get us contracted with Supreme Championship Wrestling."

With those words the group shifted to talking about what training they would need to do to get back into competitive shape.  

Flashback 3: Visiting the Dead (September 10, 2007)

James' Black Toyota Supra was sitting in an empty parking lot. As the camera pans around a sign was shown.

Arlington National Cemetery

James himself was seen walking down one of the paths heading into rows of gravestones. He was dressed in his usual black jeans and black leather trench coat outfit but in his right hand he carried a black duffel bag. As he walks his voice is heard as he speaks softly reverently.

"Eleven months ago I was a Captain in the United States Army. My job was to lead an Abraham tank crew in their daily operations. I am also the person who drove the tank. That night will always stick in my mind since it was the last night of my active military career. No you are probably wondering what this has to do with my walking the pathways of a cemetery. Well the night of my last mission my tank was hit by a mortar round. I was knocked into a coma that lasted a week and left me blind for a month and a half. The injury was what led to my early release from the service. Well there were three others on my crew that weren't so lucky. All three of them are here in Arlington."

James falls silent as he turns down another path and walks a few hundred yards down before stopping and kneeling at one of the graves. With a sigh he sets the duffel bag down and reads the name on the gravestone.

Sergeant Major Kelly Sanchez
July 7 1984 - October 19 2006

James kneels kneels there, head bowed for several minutes as he prays silently. A barely audible Amen is heard as he looks to the duffel bag and opens it. He then pulls out a small porcelain turtle. He sets it down slowly and then pulls out a dozen white roses and sets them next to the turtle.

"Kelly was my gunner and she died instantly when the mortar round hit. She was so full of life and had a passion for turtles and talked about her plans to be a teacher when she got back home. Well as you can see she never made it back. It all happened so fast. I don't know why she died and I didn't. But from what I have heard since then my survival was pure luck."

James closes the duffel bag and stands up before heading back to the main pathway. He walks for a few minutes and comes to another side path which he turns down and walks for a few dozen yards. He turns and kneels at the grave as he sets the duffel bag down. His head is bowed as he prays.

Sgt. Thomas Brewer
April 22 1987 - October 19 2006

James again reaches over and opens up the duffel bag and removes a remote control car and sets it on the grave.

"Thomas was one of those guys who in his off time was alway fiddling around with plans for this or that home built remote control car. His job on the tank crew was to make sure Kelly had ammunition in the tank turret. Well he was doing just that when we got hit. Well it is nice to know he didn't suffer at all. He wanted to be a mechanic when he got back home. Well I guess God needed him as a soldier a lot more."

Picks up the now much lighter Duffel bag and sighs softly as he walks a little ways down the path. He stops and kneels one last time with a sigh as he bows to pray. The gravestone easy to read

Private 1st Class Jonathan Anderson
March 6 1988 - October 19 2006

James pulls out a stack of cross word puzzles and lays them in front of the grave. He then folds up the now empty bag and starts to speak.

"My comm tech that night was a new recruit who had been with us only a few months. His name was Jonathan and he was an amazing guy. He was the youngest of us just out of high school but had the aspiration to be a dispatcher when he got out of the service. You would find him with a crossword book in his hands when we weren't on a mission. He was sitting only a few feet from me and got the brunt of the mortar blast impact."

With a nod he gets up and then heads back to his car. Once there he sits on the hood and stares for a few minutes out of the graves. He gives a smiles.

"The last couple of weeks have been rough for me. I have had to remember that night several times over coupled with the fact that I lost a close friend in the September 11th attacks. Well I have known for about a week already that I would be part of the next FWF Pay Per View. I will be part of the NextGen Team that will go against the so called Lost Heros.

All of these guys may be wrestling greats who helped shape the past of this company and many others. But my question is have they ever stared death in the face? Have they ever been in a position to be called a true hero? All I know is that half the team the NextGen guys are up against are being pulled out of retirement for this match up. That must mean something big.

I know I will need to show a few tricks to help Team NextGen pull off the win of these so-called Lost Heros. But regardless of what happens I will be going out there to compete for the heroes that are laying in this cemetery. For the soldiers who died in defense of the United States and its freedoms. For the men and women who still serve in the military today."

James gets off the hood of his car and walks to the driver's seat and gets in as the scene fades away.

Reactivation [Part 3]

Reno, Nevada
August 19th, 2020
Early Evening

It had been a month since SpecOps had become official parts of the Supreme Championship Wrestling roster and the entire time had been spent with each and every member training hard in the ring. They had known that they would have some time to get into top shape. James Jefferson had been using the time to hone his skills while knowing full well that he wasn't as young as he had been the last time he had been inside a professional ring. The time for preparation was over just moments before the card for the next edition of Breakdown and he had a match that he wanted to address. 

"Hey Clive come take a look at this."

Clive who had been doing some bag work a short distance away stops before coming over with a bounce in his step. 

"What is up James?"

"SCW just posted the card for their next show."

With that James took his phone which had the card pulled up and showed what was on it to Clive. 

"Interesting there are pairing us up against a pair of women. What do we know about them?"

James chuckles as he puts the phone back to his pocket.

Let's see Crystal Zduich debuted on the July 8th edition of Breakdown. She picked up a dominate victory that night when she beat Scarlet Gray. The Silver Screen Queen went on to have a match the next week to face Konrad Rabb in a match she won after a mysterious woman came out to cost her opponent the match. Well there were other factors involved in that but the bottomline is that Crystal's second win was tainted by outside interference. On July 22's Breakdown we discovered that the woman from the week before was none other than Maria Salvatore."

"Who is Maria Salvatore?

"I am not entirely sure but I have seen the name other places Clive. All I know for sure is that she hates Konrad Raab for some reason. She has yet to have a SCW match which makes her style unknown. Well that isn't true I can see if Nathaniel can send me some tape since she just had a match against Isabella the other night."

As James talks Clive nods thinking it over. 

"Ahh no need I saw that match. The question is how will these two be in the ring when they face a team like us."

"I don't know how to answer that Clive. However, given what I have seen of them so far I assume they are going to try and play dirty out there. I don't expect our match to be completely on the up and up but I also know that Imanov and The General will have our backs out there. This match sounds like the perfect return for SpecOps."

"That it does. Sounds like we need to get some practice in before we have to fly to Houston?"

With that James reaches over and places his hand on Clive's shoulder before nodding in agreement.