Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Clyde Sutter vs. Blake Mason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, August 25, 2020
August 1st

On a cool night with a gentle breeze in the air, Blake Mason stands aboard his “TRUE STORY” yacht in Los Angeles, California at the Cabrillo Marina. He looks into the horizon staring at Santa Catalina Island.

Standing next to him is Jaxson Sullivan.

Blake takes a break from staring at the scenery. He looks up at his bodyguard. 

“Did you bring it?” Blake asks. 

Reaching into his right pocket, Jaxson withdraws the ring box that Blake had given to him the night Owen decided it was a great idea to wander off with Giovani Aires. An impulsive Blake had huge plans to propose to Kelcey Wallace that night. Seven years he had waited to call his shot. He didn’t care about the odds standing in his way. Common sense prevailed that night. He told Jaxson to hold on to the ring when he needed it.    

Blake motions to Jaxson to hand him the ring box indicating he needs to accomplish what must be done. 

Jaxson cautiously looks at Blake. One last time he looks at the ring box. Looking skeptically at his employer, he had to ask, “Are you sure about this?” 

With no reservation whatsoever, Blake motions to Jaxson to place the ring box in his hand.  

Jaxson swiftly places the ring box in the hand of Blake Mason.

The current Television Champion lingers on the black box. His mind takes him back to the day he bought the ring. He pictured in his mind’s eye what the future would look like with the one woman who has affected his life more than any other woman outside of his mother. 

Logically he knew what he needed to do.

-- 

July 26th, 2020
Rise to Greatness
U.S. Bank Stadium
Minneapolis, MN 

One. 

Two.

Three. 

And new World Heavyweight Champion, David Helms. 

Blake sat on his couch in the sanctity of his luxury suite watching the main event reach its conclusion. David Helms became the World Champion. The Supreme Championship Wrestling fans leaped out their seat. Bree was not thrilled. Regan, Mikeala, Delilah and honorary member of the clan Jordan Majors joined David Helms in his one shining moment. All Blake could focus on was Regan and David hugging and kissing. 

New Supreme Champion. 

Brand new World Champion.

In the ring sharing a storybook classical ending only the most optimistic and hopeful of wrestling fans could come up with. 

As the confetti reigned, Blake took a sip from his champagne glass. 

He looked to his right. 

Jaxson wasn’t present. His bodyguard was outside the room doing his job, making sure no one got within distance of him.  

Blake sat the champagne glass down on the table in front of him. 

He rose to his feet. Walked over to the television. Unlike a few weeks prior when he unleashed all his hate in the form of chucking a bottle at the television, he shut the television off. He saw enough. David Helms won. The Minnesota streets will be rioting soon. Joy to the world. 

His attention returned to the empty couch. 

He shakes his head.  

A sigh escapes him. 

He walks back to the couch to fetch his SCW Television Championship. 

Picked up his black duffel bag with his ring gear inside. 

There was no point sticking around any longer. 

He would get in touch with Regan later. 

Team Helms-Street can celebrate until the cows mark home. 

His hotel room awaits. 

Blake slept reasonably well. Went straight to bed. The next morning once he powered through his normal routine, off to the airport he went.  

It took roughly a shade over three hours to touch down in Las Vegas. A black ford explorer was waiting at the airport for him. He didn’t keep track of how long it took to get from McCarran International Airport to his desired destination. He kept himself busy texting Shaun Cruze back and forth about how they were going to manage the promotion of From Hell To Cat. The current Television Champion also checked in on his brother Drake who opted to not show up at Rise to Greatness last night, his brother opted to be in New Jersey to attend one of Minerva’s Elite Answers Wrestling events. No chance he would fault Drake for spending time with a woman he has been enchanted with for sometime. If it was possible for Blake to spend time with Kelcey--

He couldn’t allow his mind to take him there. Mistaking Katya for Kelcey was bad enough. 

Before he knew it, the car pulled up in front of an apartment complex. 

He made his way inside. 

Got on the elevator. 

Stopped on the fourth floor. 

He walked all the way to room 405. He knocked on the door. 

Blake didn’t need to wait long for the door to open. 

The person opens the door to reveal themselves to be Loretta Inglewood. 

An expression of astonishment washed over her face. 

“Blake?” she said surprised to see him. 

“Is there another Blake I should know about?” he says with a charming grin. 

She instantly laughs. “No. Not at all. Would you like to come--” she stops herself. “Why else would you come all this way. Come in.” 

Blake walks into the apartment of Loretta. By his assessment she is living quite modestly. A far cry from the cabin in the woods she used to take residence in during her cult days. He walks over to her white couch to take a seat. 

She sits on an armchair to the right of the couch. 

Blake motions for Loretta to join in. 

“Are you sure?” she asks to make certain he wants her that close to him. 

Blake doesn’t say a word. He motions to the spot on the couch he wants her to get comfortable. 

This time she doesn’t hesitate to follow his command. 

He wraps his arm around her shoulder.

She leans back into the couch to get herself more comfortable. 

“So...” Loretta began to say. The hesitation to complete her sentence stood out to Blake. 

He completes Loretta’s thought for her. “Why am I here?”

She nods. 

He continues. “Simple. I wanted you to be the one to celebrate my victory with.”

Hearing that brought a smile to Loretta’s face for a brief moment. The smile fades away. She lingers into Blake’s eyes. “That’s sweet of you to say, Blake. But... we both know who you would rather wake up today next too. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate you coming all this way.” Loretta sighs. “I am not naive.”

Blake nods. “Last thing I am going to do is lie to you, Loretta. Respect you too much to lie. A part of me wishes Kelcey was the one. She isn’t anymore.”

“Your nose is growing.” Loretta bops Blake on the nose. 

Blake chuckles. “No. I mean it this time. When I learned that Kecley was reunited with her son, I was one thousand percent overjoyed. Finally her son has a solid chance at a pretty good upbringing. As long as Chris is married to that She-Devil (Sienna), Nathaniel was doomed, might have grown up to become a monster. With Kelcey he has a chance. And she gets to be a mother, all is right with the world. Then I was reminded of the one thing I can’t get over. Chris is the Father.”

Blake sighs. “Obviously I knew that. The idea of possibly being with Kelcey felt more tangible when Chris and Kelcey were at odds. They will forever be co parents. I don’t like him. He hates me. Do I really want to continue on this never ending groundhogs day that has been my life for the past seven years? I am one of the richest men on the planet. Women would circle the Las Vegas Strip eight times over to embrace the Blake Mason Experience.” Blake chuckles. “God that sounds arrogant, does it?”

Loretta smiles. “Well, not arrogant if it’s true.”

“Don’t feed my ego, Loretta.” Blake smiles. The smile fades away. He continues. “Anyway, last night watching David and Regan celebrate their success and undying love forced me to come to grips with the fact that maybe I am not meant for long term relationship aspirations. Numerous girlfriends. God knows how many engagements didn’t go through. Two failed marriages. My love life is pathetic if we’re being honest. I hung on the hope that Kelcey would find her way back to me. I have only been screwing myself over for the past seven years. I am officially done. So I am going to live my life as free as I possibly can. Have to make sure indulging in pleasure doesn’t get in the way of my business ventures and taking care of my daughter. Yeah--”

Before Blake could finish his thought, Loretta kisses him on the lips. He goes to respond, she manervers herself so she is now sitting on Blake, trapping him on the couch. She rams her tongue down his throat. As much as he is physically enjoying himself, he manages to create enough distance between them to respond to her advances. 

“Loretta, we can’t do this.” he reinforces what she told her the last time in Washington.  

“Why not? You said Kelcey wasn’t a problem. I believe you.” she says. 

“True... but your feelings for me are. If we go down this road Loretta, you need to understand that I am not ready for a relationship. Doubt I will be for a very long time. Also, I don’t want to hurt you. I used to believe casual sex was harmless. Not entirely true. Sex complicates thi--”

Loretta covers Blakes mouth. “I respect that you are looking out for my well being. It’s sweet. Makes me appreciate you more and more. Please trust that I am a big girl who can handle herself. I don’t need you or anyone to protect me. As long as you are honest, there is nothing to be worried about.” 

She removes her hand from his mouth.

“What will Drake say if he finds out? Blake asks. 

She sighs. Not wanting to talk anymore, she presses her lips against his yet again.

Lately Blake has worried about the possible consequences of his actions. No one can blame him. For the longest time he felt that every step he took, every move he made, the bottom would fall out. Some of his choices did come with a predictable consequence, others weren’t quite as obvious. He has lived in fear for months on end, with the few lapses where he chose to obey his not so better angel. Obeying his impulses screwed up his relationship with Taylor Chase. His impulses even screwed up his chances with Kelcey seven years ago. With nothing to lose and his chase for Kelcey pretty much dead in the water, in his opinion, he wrapped his arms around Loretta’s waist, accepting what he knew the moment he got on the plane to come with Las Vegas...

He was going to give Loretta what she wanted. 

--

August 1st...

With a sigh he suffocates the ring box, rears back and in one swift motion, Blake tosses the ring box into the marina never to be seen again. He smiles, realizing the irony. Years ago when him and Bree broke up the first time, he tossed what appeared to be the same engagement ring he gave her into the open water. In vintage dramatic fashion he made sure his “emancipation” was captured on video for the world to serve as a witness. 

How things have changed. The only witness to his ring purging is his bodyguard. 

No other audience required. 

And the best part, Kelcey would never know he had planned to get down on bended knee. 

With an expression of relief on his face, Blake turns to Jaxson. “It. Is. Finished.”

Jaxson raised his eyebrow. “Quoting Jesus' last words?” 

Blake pats Jaxson on the shoulder. “Can’t sneak anything past you, bud.”

“I hope you’re certain.” Jaxson says. 

Blake places his hands in his pockets. 

Turns his back to Jaxson. More symbolically turning his back on his love for Kelcey. With the deed done, he walks away to retreat to the cabin of the yacht to retire for the rest of the evening.

A girl waited. 

Who? 

Doesn’t matter. 

All that mattered now was his life moving forward. 

Was the single life what he wanted? No. Being single was exactly what he needed right now. The Rolling Stones were right. Can’t always get what you want, sometimes, you get what you need. That is more important than anything. 

--

August 25th, 2020

Jaxson Sullian stands in front of the door of someones hotel room. He brings his balled fist to the door with the intention to knock on it. Something holds him back. He can’t bring himself to knock on the door. He sighs. He turns around to walk away. Can’t bring himself to do it. Taking a deep breath he knocks lightly on the door, telling himself if no one answers within the next three or so minutes he would leave. Chalk it up to him trying. Think no more of it. The door suddenly opens to reveal the person on the other side is Kelcey Wallace. Naturally she looks surprised to see him. Then she looks around him to notice there is no one else in the hallway. 

Looking back up at him she says, “Hi Jaxson.”

Jaxson nods. “Good day, Ms. Wallace.”

“Where is Blake?” she naturally responds. 

Nonchalantly he replies. “A couple floors up; private suite. He doesn’t know I’m here.”

Kelcey is initially taken aback by Jaxson’s statement. Her calm and graceful demeanor shines through when she asks. “What can I do for you?”

“May I come inside. Promise this won’t take long.” Jaxson replies. 

Kelcey allows Jaxson to step inside her hotel room. He doesn’t walk too far from the door. His intention is to show up, say what needs to be said, leave before Blake notices that he has been gone longer than he assumed he would step away for. 

Kelcey closes the door. 

He turns around to greet her. “I want to give you  something that belongs to you, Ms. Wallace.”

Jaxson reaches into his pocket to pull out a black ring box. He presents the ring box to her. 

Kelcey confusingly looks at the ring box unable to fully grasp the meaning of what is going on. She looks  up at Jaxson seeking an explanation for what is happening.    

Picking up on this, he says cutting through the silence chimes in. "Seven years ago Blake bought this engagement ring with the intention of pledging his life to you. You don't need me to remind you a lot has happened from the day you found out about his sordid affair with Ms. Mallory. He always kept the ring around in the hope of one day you two would find your way back."

Kelcey takes the ring box from Jaxson. She opens it. Her eyes start to water at the sight of how beautiful the ring looks. 

Jaxson continues, "I was with him a few weeks ago on his yacht. I watched as he believed he tossed a ring box similar to that at the bottom of a marina. I know Blake well enough by now to know a life without you isn't what he really wants. He's living from a place of fear. As much as he wants to pledge his life to you, he knows what that possibly means for him. He doesn't want to be the guy who plays a role in wrecking what you have. With you being reunited with your son he doesn't want to complicate your life anyone than it is. With Chris and Blakes history the thought of being in your son's life likely won't make Chris thrilled."

Kelcey takes her attention off the ring and looks at Jaxson. "Why isn't he here telling me this?"

Jaxson responds. "The right thing to do. If Blake knew I was here, he likely wouldn’t be happy. Doesn't matter if he is. His happiness has come to matter to me. As much as he tries to tell me he is willing to push forward in life without you, he doesn't mean it."

Kelcey wipes the tears from her eyes. "Thanks for letting me know."

Jaxson nods. He turns to make his leave. 

"Wait." Kelcey calls out to Jaxson.

He turns around.

She hands him back the ring box.

"Blake should be the one to give this to me." she says.

Jaxson looks at the ring box in Kelceys hand. "Normally I'd agree..but I can't take that back. That ring represents hope. Until you're sure you want a life with Blake, his hope is in your hands. Keep the ring. Discard it. Do whatever you feel is right. He can't see it again unless you decide to be his wife."

Kelcey nods. "I understand. Thank you Jaxson. One more thing. Please, call me Kelcey."

Jaxson nods. "Kelcey it is."

With that Jaxson makes his leave. 

--

<PROMO TIME>

The scene opens up inside an unknown room with a hot tub. Inside the hot tub is Willaim “Blake” Mason. On this day Jaxson Sullivan is nowhere in sight, instead, Blake has a Caucasian woman with blonde hair to the right of him, and a light skinned black woman to the left. In his right hand he is holding a bottom of champagne. The lady to his left grabs the bottle. She drinks directly from it. Blake ignores her. His attention is focused one hundred percent on the camera.

“It’s been awhile BUT... WELCOME TO THE BLAKE MASON EX-PERIENCE.”

“Ladies; I can take it from here. I won’t take long.”

Blake points to his cheeks. Both unnamed women don’t hesitate to kiss Blake on the cheek. In an instant they swiftly make their leave. He can’t help watching them leave before refocusing on the camera. 

“Rise to Greatness reminded me that I am pretty damn good. Strange statement to make? Allow me a chance to elaborate.”

“As my esteemed opponent Clyde Sutter said in his promotional video, I’m rich. Stating the obvious I know. My net worth slots me in the Top One Percent. Again, no big secret. Despite all the money I’ve made, yes even inherited, I always had doubts about how good of a professional wrestler I am. No amount of money can give you bulletproof confidence. Doesn’t matter if you go to all the best wrestling schools money can afford. Or have access to sitting under the learning tree of the greatest mentors on the planet, still doesn’t change the fact that when big matches have come and gone, my record in those matches are not the best. When I compare myself to peers of mine who weren’t born with the same advantages I had, rack up accolade upon accolade upon accolade, I came to realize how far behind the eight ball I truly am.”

“Sometimes it’s tough not to measure yourself by what you can tangibly see. No matter how many times over the years I have said I am one of the best wrestlers on the planet. That I stole the show. I was always in the match of the night. What good is saying that if I come up short most of the time? No matter how you butter it up, winning matters. Being a champion matters. Just showing up to have good matches for the sake of having good matches may be enough to someone with a zen mindset, history doesn’t tend to remember the men and women who almost did it. History shines down brightly on the men and women who do show and prove. As a businessman, as well as a wrestler, results always matter. So beating a man who served as an inspiration to me is a huge deal. In case you missed it, Josh Hudson still has it. I had to break out the Oklahoma Roll to secure the victory. Who uses an Oklahoma Roll anymore? Not many. I wanted to see how I would measure up to a legend. Proof is in the pudding. I measured up pretty damn well. Thank you Josh, for everything.”  

Blake Mason gives Josh Hudson a salute.  

“I can’t dwell on Rise to Greatness very long. Onward to Houston, Texas where a six foot six, two hundred and eighty pound bad ass is waiting in the wings to beat the living hell out of me. Not the first time someone wanted to put me on a stretcher. Won’t be the last. That is neither here nor there.”

“As much as I try to avoid leaning into the theatrical, somethings don’t change. I said leading into my match with Cookie that the Television Championship was my North Star. That being champion would usher me in the direction I needed to go. At a time in my life where I needed something positive to latch on to, I saw being champion as a means to do that. After becoming champion, my feelings have evolved. I should know better to get attached to material possessions, no championship reign will last forever despite our best intentions. The Television Championship has come to represent a symbol of hope for me. I would never go as far to say me being champion should inspire the masses like I’m sure David Helms World Championship reign has restored the fans faith in the company. I’m not a hero like he is. I won the Television Championship at a time in my life where I needed a lifeline. Tough not to attach meaning to one event. No one can argue my matches against Cookie and Josh Hudson, I have shown the world how committed I am to turning my career around.”  

“To Sutter, if I am fortunate to walk out champion, to anyone I defend the Television Championship against, you have been warned, you are standing in the ring with a man who doesn’t just hold a championship, I hold on to my own personal symbol of hope. I have overcome too much to allow anyone on the roster who wishes to step up to the plate to rip away my symbol of hope without a fight. You will have better luck removing the ‘S’ from the fictional Superman’s chest than putting me down for the one-two-three. The only way I plan to relinquish the TV title is by being wheeled out on a stretcher. Since Mason promised I would meet my bitter end, Sutter, you are the first real challenge to my reign, assuming you don’t jump me before the match officially starts like Crystal and Holly did leading into Rise to Greatness. I’ll give you enough credit to not be dumb enough to use that tactic.”  

“You’re smart enough to want to become champion. I question your intelligence as a whole.” 

I’m not a tough guy, Sutter?!”

“God, you’re an idiot!”

Blake rolls his eyes. 

“I remember a time in this company for the stretch of a calendar year all I saw was cage match, after cage match, after cage match. The more memorable of those obviously was the Unsanctioned Elimination Chamber match I had against a former friend who wanted nothing more than to put me down. The fun doesn’t stop there. Fast forward a couple months later, I was locked inside the infamous Roofed Cage match against a woman who means the world to me and The Face of SCW, The Snow Queen.  But the fun doesn’t stop there either. On Supreme Saturday I was in a battle against Simon Lyman and Donovan Kayl inside a Steel Cage. Last but not least, to come full circle another Elimination Chamber match, this time for the World Championship. I entered that match relatively early. Those stretch of cage matches took a lot out of me physically and mentally. Name one other person in SCW history who was forced to be trapped inside cages against men and women who wanted nothing more than to teach me a lesson over the stretch of a calendar year? I survived those encounters. In the face of adversity my will didn’t bend. If that doesn’t make me a tough guy surviving those battles, I don’t know what  does.”

“Want more examples? You’re not the first destroyer I ever met. I have done battle with Xander Valentine more times than I can count. Every time he put me down. Every time he did, I got back up. I lived to fight another day. If I ever get the chance to face him again, damn right I would. There will always be men who believe they can physically impose their will”

“Through all the cage matches, the battles with Xander Valentine, the attempt by Chris Cannon to put me down at Retribution 2018, I am still standing to tell the tale.” 

Blake smiles proudly. 

“Do you know why I am going to beat you, Sutter? Physical toughness is one thing. The most important aspect of professional wrestling is to be mentally tough. It took me a very long time to come to grips with that. There was a time where I was like you. I used to believe in the mentality that MIGHT makes RIGHT, that all I needed to do was beat my opponent into submission long enough, go after the person they care about with enough gusto, surely they would break. The lesson that I learned, the person on the other side was mentally tougher. They possessed a mental resolve, no matter how much I tried. No matter how many times I tried to force my will on another human being, the man or  woman standing across the ring from me would not break. In the process I would break because they wouldn’t bend to my will. Over time I forced myself to become mentally tougher. To not crack under pressure. To not let the setbacks overwhelm me.” 

“I finally learned my lesson. My return hasn’t been all sunshines and rainbows. Took me until Rise to Greatness to win a pay per view match. Took a lot to push forward after losing the World Tag Team Titles in fourteen days. The weight of letting Owen down was tough. If I didn’t allow everything that has happened in my career and my life to break me completely, I am quite confident I am mentally and physically tough enough to overcome what you and your agent have in store for me at Breakdown.” 

Jaxson walks into the scene to hand Blake the SCW Television Championship. Blake holds the title up for the world to see. 

“Sutter. You have a future in this sport.”

“A man with your physical advantages should run roughshod through this sport with an ironfist. If you don’t become champion someday, it will be because you didn’t put the entire puzzle together. I have my doubts the pieces of the puzzle will be pieced together in time for our Television Championship match.”

“You still have a lot to learn. As great an agent as Mason Van Staton is, he knows this to be true, he never led anyone to the promised land from the ground up. The names he managed in the past. Were great before he slithered into their lives.  All of them are doing just fine without his guidance. I don’t think you need him either. The only Mason you should listen to is the one you will stare in the eyes when that bell rings. And I am telling you Sutter, I will drag you to the Learning Tree. I will reinforce a lesson you should have gotten by now. Might does NOT always make Right. Hopefully that sinks in for your sake or else you’ll be just another guy with all the potential in the world who didn’t put it all together.”

“Do you want your legacy to be of a man with broken promise, after broken promise, after broken promise? You promised to be the next Executioner... Xander showed he has more in the tank than you anticipated.  Maybe if you weren’t impulsive enough to get kicked out of the Braddock Wrestling School; the lessons you missed out on you didn’t need to learn the hard way. Hey, it’s not too late. School is great, experience is the best teacher, sometimes. So when you get overwhelmed by the Blake Mason Experience remember this... as tough as you are. I’m tougher. As good of a wrestler you are, I am simply better. When the ring announcer says “And Still SCW Television Champion,” instead of ignoring your failure like you are doing right now with your Rise to Greatness experience, maybe losing to a guy you don’t feel is tough enough will be the ‘Come to Jesus’ moment you need to propel yourself to true greatness.”

“See you later Sutter.”

“And thanks for coming.” 

With that, the scene fades to black.