Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Jay Gold vs. Kandis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, September 1, 2020
OOC: For those who may have missed my ranting in Discord, I refuse to fight with Wordpress over getting my coding to work, and the self-hosted site I bought apparently broke on install and nothing I uploaded actually publishes to the internet, the host is working on it. So in the meantime... I am posting directly here. I kinda dislike this piece but here it is, I wanted to do more but the technical issues sort of killed my motivation. Regardless, good luck Jay!

==================================

July 25
Somewhere over the Midwest
--------------------------------------

Despite the fact that Tommy and I had been traveling using the private jet co-owned by him and David Helms pretty much the entire time we've been a thing, I have to say that since David threw his tantrum and decided to break away from everything to do with Tommy business-wise and bought his own plane, it's been a lot nicer flying in this thing knowing that we don't have to worry or think about the fact that other people are in the thing when we're not. One of the first things we did when the Helms' quit using it was properly “break in” every seat. You know what I mean.
For the flight to Minneapolis for Rise to Greatness, we had more people with us than usual. Tommy had hired this huge dude named Olaf I-Can't-Remember-His-Last-Name as a kind of enforcer or some shit. He's alright I guess, takes the whole “look after Kandis” thing maybe a little too seriously for my taste but it keeps Tommy happy. So he was with us, but also I had gotten tickets for Nate, Carla, and Sydney to the show, and it only made sense for them to fly with us. And lastly... we had Ashley, too. Luckily the plane is pretty big and even with three extra people there were still seats left. Considering the entourage the other fucks travel with on a regular basis, Tommy is probably already saving money on fuel not hauling extra people and weight from all their damn luggage.
None of my relatives – foster or otherwise – had ever been on a private jet, so there were three different levels of excitement. Sydney, who seemed a little intimidated by it all – I understood that, that was me the first time I was on this thing. Nate, who looked around at everything with this impressed look on his face.  And then Carla, the fifteen year old who looked like a kid at Disney as soon as we boarded. Ashley had flown with us at least once before so I don't think his nervousness had anything to do with the plane itself, but rather the fact that the previous day happened at my place. I had got back in bed after talking to Tommy and pretended to be asleep. When Ashley woke up, I could tell he was trying to be quiet and not “wake” me so I let him think I was still sleeping and he left. This morning when we picked him up to go to the airport was the first time we spoke after fucking. Wasn't weird for me at all but Ashley seemed to be keeping as much distance as he could from Tommy. I was questioning the wisdom of Tommy's grand plan already.

We left at the ass crack of dawn because Tommy and I had some FanFest bullshit scheduled, plus the pre-show and then the  Hall of Fame later in the evening. After being in the air maybe thirty minutes, I was seated in the back near the lavatory. Nate and Carla were in the front chatting away. Sydney and Olaf had reclined their seats to nap. Tommy had his seat reclined too but with headphones on. That left me playing on my phone and Ashley looking like he'd almost rather be anywhere else, when he wasn't sneaking sideways glances at me anyway. On one of those glances, I waved my hand to tell him to come sit by me. His eyes went wide, I waved again. He glanced at Tommy, who had his eyes closed but I knew he wasn't sleeping, he just had music on. Ashley got up and came to the back to sit in the seat  next to me.
"Okay, I'm the one with a title match tomorrow night, why are you the one acting like a whore in church?"
Ashley looked around the cabin, as if pointing out all the people who were there. “None a' this seems at all... awkward, t'you?”
I shrugged. “No. Why would it?
His eyes went wide again, and he answered in a lower tone of voice. “Really? Er... yesterday?
Yeah, so? We are adults.
Yeah, Ah know it. It's just..."  Ashley glanced at Tommy again. He hadn't moved since takeoff. Ashley nodded his head in Tommy's direction. “What about him?
What about him?
Er... well, does he know?
I shrugged again. “Well I didn't exactly specifically say so, but he knows you were at my place.” Yeah, so I lied. I was trying to make the ki- uh, guy, less nervous.
So he prob'ly assumes then?
Probably. But I told you yesterday not to worry about it.
He glanced at Tommy again, apprehensively. “Easy for you t'say. That temper o'his were never directed at you.
Yes it has.” Ashley then looked concerned. I probably shouldn't have said that. “I mean, a while back, before things were more serious. Just a misunderstanding.” I reached over and put my hand on his wrist. He glanced at it then back up at me. “Just trust me, okay?
He glanced down at my hand over his wrist again, then looked back up and grinned. “Alright.” He turned his hand around in mine and gave my wrist a squeeze. I grinned back.
See, that wasn't so hard. You should try actually breathing, too, you'll have a better flight.

I saw Tommy sit up and pulled my hand back. The movement made Ashley turn and look, just as Tommy pulled his headphones out and looked around. On seeing where we were, he got up and came over, addressing Ashley.
Hey man, mind if I borrow my girl for a few minutes?
Not at all, she's all yours.” Ashley got up to give Tommy the seat. He walked off and Tommy sat, looking amused.
No hidden meaning there, right?
That dude is gonna give himself a heart attack if he doesn't calm his damn nerves.
What's his problem?
He's paranoid that you know about yesterday. I think he expects you to like... suddenly strangle him or something.
Tommy laughed, but kept it quiet. “Think I should talk to him?
Up to you, really. All of this was your idea. Do you want him calm or nervous?
Tommy looked towards where Ashley sat, in the seat he was in before I called him over to me. He had his head leaning back against the headrest and his eyes closed. Still looked nervous as shit.
Half and half? I don't want him to think I'm gonna kill him, but I also don't want him to be totally comfortable. He needs to be on some kind of guard to back off Charl.
Well, I told him to trust me, and he seemed to settle down a little.
Good. Maybe I'll say something subtle, that might help.” I sighed, and Tommy gave me a look. “What?
I'm just wondering if maybe this wasn't a good idea.
Little late for that, don't you think?
It made sense at the time. But now, after the fact? I don't know. What if-
Tommy grabbed my hand, much like I had done to Ashley. “We're not gonna know how this will play out until after this weekend and we're home. He's doing enough stressing out for both of you, I need you focused on tomorrow night. Okay?
Alright. I'll try.

When I looked back up and towards the rest of the cabin, I grinned at seeing Ashley sitting next to Sydney, the two talking quietly. I nudged Tommy's arm and he looked, then grinned too.
That looks promising.
We can hope.
Maybe Ashley would put his attention on Sydney and I wouldn't have to worry about the way he kept looking at me.

What I really hoped for though, was to get through this weekend with our titles coming back with us, and then worry about all the dramatic shit during the break. Not to mention... I had my shit to move into Tommy's place. That idea might have me more nervous than wondering if this plan with Ashley was gonna turn out bad. Fucking random dudes is nothing for me. But moving in with someone?

Holy shit.

==========

July 31
West Hollywood
------------------------

I really don't want to dwell on Rise to Greatness. The truth is that the entire fucking thing made me sick to my stomach. Not only did Tommy and me lose the Tag Titles, but that rotten motherfucker David actually found a way to beat Bree Lancaster and become World Champion. It makes me sick how people who betray their friends and so-called family end up rewarded for their bullshit. And if it makes ME sick, I can't begin to imagine how Bree feels. I thought it best to leave her alone though, despite the fact she and Tommy and I guess me by association were apparently friends now. I had enough on my hands that night calming Tommy down and assuring Nate, Carla, and Sydney that I was actually fine. After getting back to our hotel, Tommy had left again, I had no idea where he went but I wasn't gonna stay on his ass, he's a grown man and can come and go as he wants. When I got up in the morning he was back, sleeping, and when he did get up and as we got ready to come back home, he seemed to be in a slightly better mood. I didn't ask where he went, he didn't tell me. But I was pretty sure he'd spoken to someone and got his shit together.

And speaking of getting shit together... once we got back to California, I had to get MY shit together. As in packing things. My studio apartment in West Hollywood was a pretty large space, I had rented it mostly because it was a great deal since it was located over a studio storage warehouse and sometimes workers made a lot of noise in there moving shit for filming. But also the space was large and open, it gave me a lot of room for my art. I hadn't really been working on anything too much in months, maybe close to a year – Id been caught up with SCW and with Tommy, and then looking for my biological family, and then Sydney moved here. She actually came over on her days off and helped, I think she enjoyed the distraction, she was still upset over the fuckboy dumping her. We filled boxes and ate unhealthy things and drank tequila, it was fun.
I took my time going through things, in the past when I moved I had to do it quickly and in some cases leave almost everything behind. It was nice to have time to actually go through everything and decide what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to get rid of.  When I went through my art supplies I actually had to throw a lot of it out. Clay and paints got hard, some brushes dried out and were useless. It kinda freaked me out, since creating art had been a part of my life for so long, and I had neglected it to the point those things went bad. And one of the main reasons was why I was going through things and getting rid of stuff – Tommy. Sitting on my couch looking at the packed boxes, I asked myself if my first reaction when he asked me to move in with him had been right – that this was going too fast all of a sudden, and if I needed to slow down. When I said yes I was all in. But there in my studio with my shit almost ready to go, and a pile of art trash almost as big as the pile I was taking with me, it made me wonder exactly how much I had allowed my life to change because of him. Or FOR him. I know most people would think all of this was great, it was changes for the better, because we had a good relationship and we love each other and all of that... but I'm not normal, remember?  For most of my life moving was a somewhat traumatic experience, either because I had to leave a foster home quickly – in the middle of the night once – or going to a new one and all of the uncertainty about new people that came with that. I had lived with the Williamson's for four years, moved around a bit, then found this place almost eight years ago. I still want to do this, don't get me wrong, but leaving here was freaking me out, good reason or not.

I was sitting on my couch, still starting at the pile of boxes around me like a miniature city model, when my door opened and Tommy came in. I had given him a key months ago.
Hey... wow, is this everything?
Yeah, most of it. That pile there is all going to the garbage.” I pointed at a stack of boxes near the door. “And there's a box in the kitchen full of liquor.
Tommy looked around. “Huh. I guess I thought you had more stuff.
Well, most of the furniture came with the place. Only this couch  is mine. And I probably don't even need to take it.
Nah, take it. We'll put it in the room I cleared for your art.
Really?
Yeah, really. The room is big enough.
Okay.” I smiled.
Tommy sat next to me. “You seem a little... off. Are you sure you're okay with this?
Yeah, I'm sure. I mean, I was sitting here just before you got here thinking about how much things have changed in the last little while. You know, this is the place I've lived in for the longest in my life. I guess I'm thinking back to moving so much as a kid, you know?
I won't be insulted if you change your mind right now, you know. I know its a big thing for you.
Yeah I know I questioned myself earlier but with the man in front of me I knew that was ridiculous and  was doing the right thing.
I don't want to change my mind. I was just taking a few moments to let it sink in, you know?
Are you sure?
I grinned. “You already asked me that.
Just making sure. Is everything ready?p
I stood up and put my hands on mu hips. “Yeah. All of these around the couch are coming. It's mostly clothes, gear, and the art supplies I didn't need to chuck.[/color]” Buried in one of the clothes boxes was the old ratty stuffed rabbit I've had since I was about three. I wasn't sure yet how I was gonna explain it when Tommy finally saw it.
Alright. Let's get it done.

We hauled the boxes down to a moving van Tommy rented, as neither of our cars are big enough to stuff more than three or four boxes inside. The van was pretty spacious, we were able to fit my couch, art table, easel,  and all the boxes inside, and even had a little room left over. I debated taking the armchair too, I don't think my landlord would have remembered it came with the place after so many years, but decided to leave it. The last thing I grabbed that I was taking with me was the box of liquor from the kitchen. There were a few pantry items and a small ice chest with things from the fridge too, and that was it. We then took the garbage boxes to the dumpster, and I locked the door.

* * * * *  Santa Barbara * * * * *

At Tommy's house, Ashley was waiting to help bring my stuff in. I know I made it sound like there were a lot of boxes, but it was really only like a dozen or so, and about half of it was art supplies. The extra room Tommy had cleared out for me to use as a sort of art studio was across the hall and one room down from his bedroom – well, ours, I guess. The one directly across the hall had been set up as a guest bedroom. Didn't matter to me, I was still slightly stunned he'd given me a whole room for my shit just to make me more comfortable with the idea of moving here. It wasn't like he didn't have the space, but it was still a big deal to me. I walked into that room, my art room, and looked around. The guys had placed my couch against the wall to the right of the door, my table I use for sculpting things in front of the windows, and stacked the boxes along the other wall. There was also a large closet with shelves. I looked inside, thinking I could keep the smaller supplies in there. I walked randomly around the room a few times, thinking about how to place things, if I wanted to keep the couch where Tommy and Ashley had put it, that kind of thing. Tommy walked in and grinned at me.
You like it?
I love it. It's actually more space than I had in my apartment for this stuff. That one room had to be the living room and art room and dining room.... you know?
I hoped it was big enough. There's another room that's bigger down the hall if-
No. This is perfect.” I walked over, smiling, and wrapped my arms around him. “Absolutely fucking perfect.” I kissed him, and he kissed back, a hand sliding down to gently rub my ass.
I'm glad you're happy with it.” He stepped back and looked around, gesturing to the pale blue walls. “You can put whatever you want on these walls, by the way. Hang things, paint directly on the wall, I don't care. Make it yours.
I might just do that.

There was a sharp knock on the open door, I looked and Ashley walked in. “Right, the rest is stacked in the bedroom, Ah weren't sure where exactly t'put certain things so Ah kinda just piled em against the wall near the closet.
I'm sure it's fine, Ash, thanks.
Ashley nodded, gave me another one of those odd looks he'd been giving me ever since that afternoon last week, then walked out.
Did you see that?
What, the way he looked you up and down?
Yeah. I know you said not to worry about it, but... I'm worried about it.
Well, has he said anything to you?
Just still trying to find out how much you know. And I think he might have had a few drinks Monday night after we got back from Minneapolis cause he called me and asked if I was keeping my apartment even though I was moving here.
Tommy frowned. “He what?
Yeah, I thought it was weird. Like, why would he want to know that, unless he thought it might be useful? I told him I had it for another thirty days cause I had to give notice. He just said okay and hung up. I'm not sure he remembers.
Tommy rubbed his face with one hand. “Maybe you're on to something, maybe this idea worked a little too well. I really don't need any more complications, not to go along with my esteemed new business partner!
David Helms had sold his half of their business assets to none other than Mr. D, SCW's owner. Tommy didn't even know about it until after the deal was done and David rubbed it into his face the day before Rise to Greatness. I think maybe Tommy blames that for our loss, cause he was so pissed about it. I sighed. I hadn't been excited about this idea to begin with, but Tommy had enough to deal with. I had to handle this.
You trust me, right?” Tommy nodded. “Then you let me worry about Ashley, you worry about your business. You have an academy to restart under your own vision, remember?
How can I forget? You should remember that you're a part of that vision. I need to set up a meeting with the old bastard first and figure exactly how involved he wants to be.” Tommy grabbed my hand and led me out of the room and down the hall as he continued talking. “But for the rest of tonight, I just want to focus on you. You're here, babe.
He stopped, turned around and kissed me again, pressing me up against the wall near the stairs. Footsteps interrupted us, and I looked up to see Ashley coming up the stairs. He cleared his throat a bit.
Er... I were just comin' to say I were heading home, unless you needed me fer anythin' else?
Tommy backed up a step from me and gave Ashley an accusatory fingerpoint. “You aren't going anywhere brosef. You're gonna stay for dinner, I can't let you leave here without eating after helping haul boxes up here. How does pizza and beer sound?
Ashley cracked the first grin I'd seen from him all day. “Sounds great. Thanks.
I gave Tommy a quick 'trust me' glance, then turned to Ashley and laid my hand on his arm. “No doll, thank you for your help. We'd still be carrying shit up here if you didn't agree to help out. I really appreciate it.
I swear the man blushed. “Weren't a big deal.
Maybe not to you, but we appreciate it anyway. She helped you, you helped her, and all of that helps me.” Tommy grinned, almost a smirk. Ashley glanced at me, then back at Tommy, and I knew then that he picked up on Tommy's subtle meaning; that he knew exactly what happened and it was all good. Ashley seemed terrified for a split second, but then smiled again.
You know me, mate, always willing to lend a hand when Ah can.
Or a dick, I thought, as the three of us headed downstairs to the kitchen, for Tommy to call for that pizza.

After the pizza and beer, and Ashley had left, Tommy and I were in his- our – (I gotta get used to that) bedroom. I hadn't bothered to unpack much, just pulled some clothes out of one box, something to sleep in, and to wear the next day. Tommy had showered before me, so when I came out of the bathroom in my thin racerback tshirt and panties, he was sitting up in the bed waiting for me. He had the sheet pulled up over his legs so I couldn't tell if he had anything on under it. I kinda hoped not. I sat next to him facing him, with my legs crossed. I looked at the stack of boxes of my clothes and such that still needed unpacking. Tommy had cleared half of the huge walk in closet in here for me, I doubted I even needed all that space, but I wasn't going to say anything. Tommy noticed me staring at the boxes.
You're not thinking about getting into those right now, are you?
Fuck no. All I want to do now is lay here next to you.
He smirked. “That's all, huh?
Well, maybe something else, but I get to stay on my back for that.” I smirked back.
Oh, so you're gonna be lazy tonight, I see how it is.
I laughed. “Hey, you wanted to take care of me, so... take care of me.” I bit my bottom lip seductively. I was tired from moving boxes around but as anyone who knows me knows, I am almost never too tired to get fucked. Tommy leaned over to kiss me, and I laid back to let him have his way with me. We'd both peeled the little clothing we had on off, and just as his hand was sliding up my leg and between, I stopped and pushed him back a bit so I could look him in the eyes.
What?
I never thought that this would be so much hotter knowing that I'm not about to fuck you as a guest.
He brushed a strand of hair out of my face, then rubbed my cheek. “Babe, I haven't thought of you as a guest here in a long time. It's just official now. You're not leaving to go home in a day or two... you are home.
I smiled and grabbed his face with both hands. “I am. I admit I was nervous about it, but now that I'm here to stay... I know I'm where I belong, with you. I love you.
Not as much as I love you.
I smirked. “I could probably debate that all night but I'd rather you fuck me all night instead.
Without another word, Tommy leaned forward and kissed me.

How's that for a welcome home?

================================

Seated outdoors at an unknown location, Kandis leans against a gray brick wall, one foot propped on the wall behind her. Dressed in cut off denim shorts cut so high they almost look more like underwear, and a bright purple halter, Kandis has her arms crossed over her chest, and a look of utter disgust on her face.

Rise to Greatness.... great my ass! Assholes and bitches who see nothing wrong with their own actions while calling others out for lesser offenses walked away with rewards for their bullshit... while those of us who tried everything to settle things and stop the madness left with nothing.

It's enough to make me sick.

Frozen Hell learned some new tricks and managed to one up me and Tommy... finally... and take OUR titles. I mean, it took them three tries so we can go with the old phrase third time is the charm if you want. But if that wasn't bad enough? Tommy's ex BFF left with the goddamn World Championship! Now this rotten motherfucker is gonna think his shit not only doesn't stink, but also smells like lavender and that everything he did, all the shit he pulled, was justified because now he's at the top of the damn mountain.

Yeah, now I'm sicker.

Even though it's been over a month, even though I've come to terms with the idea of the kind of SCW we're walking back into, especially after last week and the way Tommy's rightful shot to fight David for that World Title – y'know, after having beat him recently? - Was stolen by that raging cunt Glory Braddock...  the time that's passed since Rise to Greatness hasn't really made the bad taste in my mouth go away. Y'all know me by now, I'm not the kind of bitch to rant and whine about taking a loss, I pick my ass up, dust it off, and move forward. But this? Fuck man.... it's really hard for me to stand here and make myself refuse to act like all the fucksticks who whine and make excuses and all that shit after getting put away.

But... that's what I am going to do, swallow the bile, take some Promethazine, and get my ass back to work. We know that the Golden Boys got next against Regan and Selena, that's all well and good. We can wait to reclaim out spot at the top of the Tag Division. Because no matter who actually carries the titles? Tommy and me are THE BEST team in this company. We ran over everyone who stepped up to us, and that isn't gonna change just because some bitches found a way to win. They can keep the belts warm for us until we decide we want them back. For now? We have other things to attend to.

It's clear that last week wasn't very good to Tommy, first the bullshit with Glory and the World Title, then the match with Jordan... and I hope that trick knows she just got lucky because Tommy's head wasn't in the game. And then after that... Xander Valentine let the world know he's finally getting what he's been wanting for months at Apocalypse, a match against Tommy. I didn't do much but stand around and look hot as fuck... which honestly is just like breathing for me.

This week though? It's my turn to get some attention and action around this place, when I step into the ring against Jay Gold. Hall of Famer, I'll give him credit there. But let's be real here dolls, the things in this man's career that got him that ring were a loooong time ago. He's been back here for a while now, looking for another, maybe last run... walking around, talking to people, acting as if he's this fine upstanding dude who wants to stand up for what's right, fight the good fight... as if we don't have enough of THOSE sanctimonious assholes around here, right?

I mean, cozying up to everyone's favorite goody-two-shoes Kelsai Adamson-Mason and her manager Amy Chastaine, quite possibly one of the biggest hypocrites there has ever been in SCW? I don't need to explain that either, y'all know. These guys trying to step up to the Wonderland idiots, sticking their noses into things that don't concern them. Acting like they're just standing up for our esteemed owner Mr. D, avenging his attack, all this bullshit. Look, I'm not trying to say the man deserved to be hurt, or that people who did it shouldn't be punished for it... but maybe let the people who can actually accomplish things handle it? And then all of that talking shit and bucking up about it meant nothing cause the lot of you got thrown into a fourteen person clusterfuck and.... neither one of you motherfuckers won it! And now that Rise to Greatness is passed it seems like you forgot allll about your grand plan to do what's right.

Kandis scoffs, shaking her head.

Typical.

But, Ima leave Kelsai out of this now, I'm not facing her. I'm gonna be in the ring with Jay Gold. And I want the man to know that when it comes to facing me? There isn't a “good fight” to fight, there isn't a right side or a wrong side... there's only the side of my knee when it smacks you in the temple and makes you see stars. I don't have some bullshit agenda, I'm not trying to run this place, pull schemes on anyone.

I just want to fight.

The more I fight, the better I get, and the more dangerous I become. And you can throw my losses in my face, lay them allll at my feet, lined up one by one. I don't give a fuck. All of those are in the past. Every next match is another opportunity to remind everyone exactly who I am and what I can do.

I'm the bitch who gives zero fucks what anyone thinks about me, and who can kick your head off faster than you can blink. Your best days are behind you, Jay. Mine are on the horizon. I'm not happy AT ALL about what happened at Rise to Greatness, but I'm not gonna let it stop me from looking you dead in the eyes before knocking you all around the ring and dropping you on your ass with my knee. I did nothing but stand around and support Tommy last week. This week?

It's my turn to have fun.

I have a whole lot of aggravation to release, and you, Jay? You're just gonna get flattened by it. I know it's not gonna be easy, in fact I hope it isn't. I hope you bring me even half the fighter you used to be, the one who earned that Hall of Fame nod. The harder it is for me to kick your ass... the better I'm gonna feel after it's over with and I step over your knocked out body so the zebra can raise my arm over you.

See you soon, doll.

Kandis blows a kiss to the camera before pushing off the wall and walking out of the shot.
FINDING FRIENDSHIP IN THE HEARTLAND?

DATE:  Tuesday, September 1, 2020
TIME:  8:22 PM
CITY:  Omaha, Nebraska

[There are just times like these.  Far too many if you ask me.  What am I talking about?  It’s simple.  I’ll say this, it was nice to have some quiet time at home after Rise To Greatness, but with Sarah Vixen slowly becoming a teenager, her sweetness is definitely slowly yet surely wearing off.  What she went through earlier on in the school year, prior to COVID striking, definitely has aided in that process.  But when I was home, she was definitely doing things that were simply not necessary.  I understand a girl being rebellious as she has almost always been that way, but she took it to a whole new level.  And of course I was the one that had to go bail her out of trouble.]

[It was last Tuesday night actually that she inexplicably left the house and ran down the street towards Paul’s house.  I saw her go.  It wasn’t my fault or Martha’s.  She was just from what I got out of her… “not wanting her parents right now”.  You can imagine that I was feeling upset, so I did what any father would do, I followed right after her.  She rounded the corner quickly and go figure, right when she got close to Paul’s house… her enemies from months ago approach her and corner her… all three of them.  God was she lucky I was there.  I picked up my pace and went right to the defense of my daughter.  The three of them, upon seeing me, looked to be sizing me up but they all thought better of it.  All three left the scene, which left me with Sarah.  I remember exactly what I told her, in not a soothing voice at all.  In fact I was amped up, much like how I am when I’m in the ring.]

Jay:
“Sarah, you could have been hurt!  What were you thinking?!”

[I can still see her, with her back to me, likely almost crying.  She said nothing but pointed towards her friend Paul’s house.  Feeling betrayed I just gave up, threw my hands up, and walked back home.  She did make it inside to Paul and back home to me and Martha later that evening, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.  The next morning I left early to fly out here to our Nation’s Heartland.  But before I left I told Martha that we would be able to discuss things with our daughter the moment I am next back home, or over the phone if it is needed sooner.  It is already bad enough that I couldn’t attend Breakdown last Wednesday due to what happened.  I’m actually kind of still shocked that Sasha allowed me to stay at home once I told her.  But I know this.  I absolutely can NOT miss this one, especially being I am scheduled to compete for the first time since Rise To Greatness.]

[Now though, at this moment, I feel the worse I have felt in quite some time.  When I got here into Omaha Saturday night I just felt like I needed to release the pressure inside me.  I just needed to forget everything.  I felt like I needed, well… Rehab.  And so that’s where I went…]

DATE:  Saturday, August 29, 2020
TIME:  10:59 PM

[The music is a little loud in here, but at least it is current music that is popular and not hot garbage.  Sitting up here at the bar however just does not feel natural at all.  I mean it has been a LONG time since I have been in a place such as this one, over a decade in fact.  Thus I feel like just taking my beverage and perhaps traveling back in time with it, to a time where things were much easier than today’s world and today’s worries.]

[I stand up and head right out for the dance floor and being I am not wearing my wedding ring, left it in the hotel, I do get approached by a female who is clearly also here by herself.  I don’t see any male pulling her back onto the floor and I don’t see any friends looking over towards her.  She points to the closest table without saying a word, but I get the hint and put my glass down as the table close here to the dance floor is currently not being used.  Don’t worry by the way, everyone here in the Lounge is wearing masks, including myself.  I am not one that is going to take any chances.  She pulls me gently by an arm out to the dance floor and I definitely look like a lost puppy dog, but only for a few moments.  It doesn’t take much for me to remember how to dance.  Even though I can’t see her mouth reaction, her eyes are telling me the story.  She appears to be delighted with her choice for an impromptu dance partner.  She’s not a bad looking blonde either, but she does look like she’s somewhere in her mid 20’s, when I will be 40 next May.  But honestly, in this moment, with everything I am feeling?  I don’t care.  As the current song changes to another, I think I will allow myself to do what I came to do… relax, refresh, and renew.  She reads my eyes as I think this and wraps her arms around my neck.  I place my hands gently on her waist.  It does feel weird, but she isn’t making it hard for me to adapt, not at all.  She closes her eyes for the entire rest of the song.  Despite us not even introducing ourselves yet, she seems to trust me, a total stranger, already.  Unlike what my daughter did to me, I won’t betray this young lady’s trust.  I just dance with her and honestly?  For these three minutes, it feels really nice to forget.  When I see her next open her eyes, she nods and goes to hold my right hand with her left.  I let her, and we head off the dance floor, back to the table where my drink still sits.  The two of us sit down and both of us take off our masks, being we are 6 feet apart, her opposite the table from myself.  Neither of us speak right away though, as it is clear we are both nervous.  I finally choose to break the ice after the awkward silence.]

Jay:
“Hey, I’m Jay… Jay Gold.”

Lady:
“Hey.  I’m Ashley.  I um... “

Jay:
“Nice to meet you Ashley.  I um…”

Ashley:
“Eh heh.”

[I get it.  We’re both nervous.  I probably have the bigger reason to be, but I guess I’ll find out soon enough if that’s true.]

Jay:
“Listen, I haven’t done this in quite some time.  I’ll be honest with you.  I’m married.”

Ashley:
“Oh.”

[That definitely deflates her.  But I was not going to mislead her, not in any way.]

Jay:
“I’m sorry.  I did see the look in your eyes, but hey, I am definitely still fine with talking.  There’s nothing of any harm that will come from it.”

Ashley:
“Alright Jay.  Um… I guess you kinda beat me to it.  I’m married too.  Just got married a few weeks ago but um, I’m not happy.”

[Well… that changes things.]

Jay:
“If you do want to share, I’ll listen Ashley.  I won’t force you though.  We don’t even know each other at all.”

Ashley:
“True, but I have to tell someone… anyone.  And well, I trusted you out there and you didn’t let me down.”

Jay:
“Unlike my daughter.”

[Shit!  I didn’t mean to let that slip.  She really looks interested now, so I may as well just put my “time away” aside and snap back to reality.]

Jay:
“She’s 10 Ashley.  Tough age, I know.  Basically she ran out of the house a few nights ago on both my wife and I and attempted to run to her best friend’s house.  She nearly got attacked by three girls that used to go to the same school as her.  She put herself in a really bad situation and was lucky that I was there to save her.  I would obviously do ANYTHING for my daughter.  I’ve just been plain out upset since that moment.  She didn’t even want to talk to me.  Just went inside her friend’s house, which the friend happens to a boy, a boy that is very trustworthy.  But still, she turned her back on her own father.  You can see why I am so upset and why I just needed to-”

Ashley:
“Break away.  I… I guess you do have it worse than I do Jay.  I’m so sorry.”

Jay:
“Hey, you didn’t know.”

[I pick up my glass and take a swig of my beverage of choice.  It’s a non-alcoholic drink, so nothing to worry about.  When I look back at Ashley, I can see that she might be about ready to open up to me in return.  I’m proven right.]

Ashley:
“Well, since you told me, I’ll tell you.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my husband Jacob.  I love him a lot.  It’s why I agreed to marry him.  But um… ever since the wedding night, the shine has just worn off.  Now that I’m living with him, he just… never seems to pay attention to me.  I don’t feel loved.  And the other night, I um… I... “

[She looks very nervous now so I look her dead in the eyes, offering a reassuring look before speaking to her.]

Jay:
“You don’t have to tell if you’re uncomfortable.  It’s okay.”

Ashley:
“I overheard him on the phone and it sounded like he was talking to another girl!  There, I said it!”

Jay:
“Oh Ashley, you didn’t have to if you didn’t want to.”

Ashley:
“I NEEDED to tell someone.  Who better than you?”

[I’m silent.  I can’t think of what to respond to her with, so she picks up my slack.]

Ashley:
“You’ve been great so far Jay.  It’s a shame that we’re both married.  I do kinda have a thing for genuinely nice guys.  I know you’re older than I am and probably by quite a bit, but I feel very comfortable with you.  I was nervous yeah, just like I could tell you were too, but I’m not anymore.  I’m from here in Omaha and I’ll be honest.  I’m 24, almost 25.  You?”

Jay:
“I’m from New York.  39.  I’m only passing through though as I work with a wrestling company.  Just one more thing on my platter that makes me feel betrayed sometimes, being we have an owner right now that just doesn’t seem to know what she’s doing most of the time.”

Ashley:
“It’s still cool that you wrestle though.  You don’t mind if I come and watch next Wednesday, do you?  I’m guessing you’re with Supreme Championship Wrestling.  Saw a commercial for it the other night when Jacob had the television on.”

Jay:
“You’re right.  I won’t stop you from getting a ticket to come and watch either.  I guess I’m kind of more interested with trying to get away from what’s been dragging me down, even if it is only for just a little bit longer.”

Ashley:
“Mmm…  Say no more.  If you want to dance more Jay, I’m up for it.”

[I think on this, but only for a few seconds.  I need this break before life takes back control.]

Jay:
“I am too.  And Ashley?”

Ashley:
“Yes?”

Jay:
“Thank you for pulling me aside.  It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one that’s having issues during such a hard time.”

[She blushes a little.]

Ashley:
“Don’t mention it.  The feeling’s mutual.”

[Both of us put our masks on, and even though we do hold one another again a bit on the dance floor in a friendly manner, I feel safe with her.  Both of us close our eyes this time.  She reaches up a little towards my ear and whispers.  I can barely hear her over the music, but her words resonate with me.]

Ashley:
“I won’t ever forget this or you.  Friends?”

[I respond to her immediately.]

Jay:
“Friends.”

[We get carried away for these few more moments before we once again step back off the dance floor.  I take a look at the time and it has definitely grown later than what I thought the time actually was.  She glances down at her watch and looks nervous as well, but then looks back up at me.]

Ashley:
“I meant what I said Jay.”

Jay:
“I did too.  Here.”

[I write down my cell phone number on a napkin for her, taking the hint that she is giving me.  I then hand it to her and she places it into her purse.]

Ashley:
“Thanks.  Um…  I guess I should go.”

Jay:
“I need to also.  If you want, I’ll walk you out.”

[I can kind of see her smile from within her mask.  Side by side we walk out of the Rehab Lounge, a new friendship formed, despite tumultuous times in both of our lives.  Will we see each other again?  As much as I love Martha and my daughter, and I love them dearly… I do hope I see Ashley again.  She and I understand one another really well.  I can tell.  Even with just spending such a short time with her, we connected on a friend level… something I have honestly never felt before with a female.  It feels nice.]

[Once we are out on the street we nod at one another before parting ways for the night.  I head up the street back to the Marriott I am staying at, with Ashley and a new friendship on my mind.  Will I tell Martha and Sarah when I get back home?  Maybe, but only when I feel it’s necessary to do so.]

DATE:  Tuesday, September 1, 2020
TIME:  10:37 PM

[Friendships do feel nice.  Saturday night was exactly what I needed.  I didn’t know what to expect, but I came out the other side of that night with a new friend.  Yes, I have already called her a couple times.  Both of us, from what I could tell, enjoyed each other’s company on both instances, even if it was only over the phone.  Honestly, neither of us has done anything wrong.  We haven’t cheated on our significant others.  Only a couple of dances and some talking, nothing further than that.  I have no regrets, and clearly nor does Ashley.]

[But I know life must go on.  And it shall.  Tomorrow night I take on one half of the now former SCW World Tag Team Champions, Kandis.  I know she, just like myself, is aggravated with how things are currently in SCW.  She needs to understand something though.  The whole world doesn’t revolve around just one person.  Truly when I look at Kandis, and literally AT Kandis and not her assets, I see someone that is strong that can stand on her own two feet.  I see quite a bit of myself in her.  Which is why I feel I need to tell her what she needs to hear.]

[Carefully I adjust my travel tripod and place it on the desk here in the hotel room.  After I hit the record button, I’m on.]

Jay:
“I have to tell the truth.  Ever since Rise To Greatness I have not felt the same.  It’s not because I didn’t get the win and the United States Title shot either.  To be frank about that I am more than okay with Xander getting that opportunity.  He earned it.  Selena and I can have our second go at another time and place.”

“No, I haven’t felt the same because of matters outside of SCW.  I won’t be going into those as those are my problems and not anyone else’s.  The world doesn’t revolve around me, just like it doesn’t revolve around a single one of us.  We are ALL important in our own way.  So yes, I do get it Kandis.  I get exactly where you are coming from.  You’re angry because Regan and Selena finally were able to wrestle the tag title belts away from you and Tommy.  But the thing you need to understand is… nothing material lasts forever.  As much as people give you flack for flaunting yourself, I won’t be doing that.  I get that too.  If you have it, flaunt it while you can.  But also realize that when the time comes for all that to end, you will feel sad.  Sad that you didn’t accomplish anything on your own.  So really, tomorrow night is a chance for you to expand your horizons.  You get a chance to break away and shine, outside of being an object for Tommy Valentine’s affections.  Personally Tommy is better than what he has become to, and lately he has shown that by knocking off David Helms.”

“To be perfectly honest with you Kandis?  I think you’re better than what you currently are too.  I am in NO WAY looking past you.  I’m not dumb.  You’re here in SCW for a reason and it’s not just to show off the fact that you have a big behind.  Tomorrow night against me you have your opportunity to show what you can do in a one on one match, with the lights on bright.  I know you said you believe that I am on the downward spiral and in the twilight of my career.  That may be so, but I am FAR from done.  I will be the one that will choose how I end my career.  Make no mistake about that.  Just like I will show you that I can be successful, despite inner struggles.”

[I find myself pausing for a breath, but I jump right back in before I lost my thought.]

Jay:
“Tomorrow night I consider a little bit of a vacation actually.  Look Kandis, clearly the two of us are aggravated.  Many of us on the roster are as Rise To Greatness didn’t really resolve much of anything.  I didn’t think it would though, so I’m not disappointed.  So I’m just putting that weekend in the rear view mirror and I hope you do too.  This match between us is something fresh and new.  Even though I have been sent Knee Deep by Tommy before, I look forward to seeing what you can do… without Tommy.  And I also look forward to showing you and the rest of the world that this Hall of Famer still has what it takes to impress the masses.”

“So yes, I’m ready to do more than just wrestle.  If you want to fight in that ring, I’m all for it.  Both of us have this chance to get out our aggression and maybe, just maybe, Sasha will realize that there is more to the both of us than meets the eye.  I honestly hope, regardless of the outcome between us, that you DO get the opportunities to shine even more Kandis.  Just remember that I too am looking for those same opportunities.  Because I am done with dealing with Giovanni Aries’ cronies.  I am done dealing with people that believe the whole world revolves around just them.  And I am done with seeing others getting disrespected.  I know you think of me as this “good guy” Kandis, but this “good guy” wants the playing field to be fair.  Perhaps you will see that I’m not full of the crap that you think I’m full of.  That’s where I’m different from Selena Frost, and she already knows this.  If I was the same as her I would have NEVER picked Xander Valentine for a teammate for the Trios Tournament.  I would have NEVER pulled Selena aside to tell her the truth.  Simply put Kandis, I’m an open book.”

“Tomorrow night, this open book is going to take you to school.  A Golden Moment is indeed in your future here in Omaha, but it’s not the one you want Kandis.  But don’t worry, after this is over, I just know you will have learned from it and will be better down the road.  I for one will be keeping an eye on you, and NOT because of your ass.  But instead because of the wrestling talent that I sense you possess.”

[I nod before turning off the camera.  In that I did not tell one lie.  As much of an ass that Kandis’s tag team partner is, I see something different in her.  Starting tomorrow night she has her chance to show it.  Just like I have my chance to show that I have more victories left in me… that I have much more to give before the Golden Sun sets on my in-ring career.  During these tough times though, I don’t want to think about the end.  Right now, I am here.  I am here to stay.]