Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Syren vs. Blake Mason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, September 1, 2020
Cabrillo Marina
August 29th, 2020

It is a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles, California.  That in and of itself is nothing new. Days in Los Angeles tend to be on the beautiful side for the most part. Hence the reason why so many dreamers from all around the world are lured into the fantasy of what the LA life brings. Blake has been spending more and more time in the Cabrillo Marina. Since moving back to Los Angeles a few years ago to build a life with Taylor Chase, the only purpose the Cabrillo Marina served was to park his “True Story” yacht. Every now and then he would stop by to check in on it. On more than a few occasions him and Taylor would sail out to soak in the sea breeze. The “True Story” yacht was a convenience Blake could have easily lived without. 

The yacht is one of the few places on earth Blake Mason can find any semblance of peace. Helped, kinda, take his mind off of Kelcey. Keyword... kinda. From time to time over the past month he brought more than a few unnamed woman around to hang out, have a good time, however one would define a good time. No need to get into explicit detail, anyone with an imagination can decipher why Blake would invite a woman to hang with him on his yacht.

Distraction?

Overcompensating?

Putting off the inevitable?

Who knows. 

On this day Blake Mason wasn’t waiting on the company of another woman. 

Him and Jaxson stood on the yacht awaiting for their esteemed company. 

Walking down the pier is a man who has ties to his family. Donvoan Cunningham. 

Walking slightly behind him is a man who has closer ties to Blake, JaMarcus Avery. 

Donovan and JaMarcus stop just short of stepping on the yacht.  Donovan takes a moment to soak in the majesticness that sprung from the fruits of Blake’s wealth. Removing his sunglasses, Donovan exclaims. “Nice yacht, Billy. Wish I could afford one of these.”  

“Please, don’t call me that.” Blake asked as nicely as humanly possible.  

Placing his hand over his heart, Donovan responds, “My apologies, couldn't resist.” A sly smirk forms on his face. 

With Donovan’s smirk not lost on the SCW Television Champion, Blake says nonchalantly. “Yeah... sure.” 

“How much does one of these go for?” Donovan asks. 

“Don’t know.” Blake shrugs. “I purchased this with Mason Consolidated funds I want to say, seven years ago? Wish I could be of help.”

“Tax write off huh?” Donovan says. 

Blake nods. “Pretty much.”

“Smart man. I like you, Bi--” Donovan catches himself. He smiles. “Sorry. Blake right?” 

“What I prefer, yes.”

“Victor is a good man. And your cousin. Woof. What a--.” 

Not wanting to hear Donovan slobber over his cousin, Blake cuts him off. “Easy.”

“Just saying.” Donovan crosses his heart. “Shame she didn’t notice me. Better me than that Cannon clown she’s with. Anyone but a Cannon right?” 

Blake doesn’t bother to justify Donovan’s Cannon rib with a response. He tucks his hands in his pockets. 

Getting that Blake wasn’t going to take the bait,  Donovan continues. “Hey I am making out like gangbusters. Kendra is definitely showing your boy here what a Classic woman can do for a man's soul.”

Blake mockingly applauds. “Happy for you.”

Donovan flashes a bright smile. “Thanks man. Lets get cracking.”

Blake and Jaxson walk away. Not from Donovan and JaMarcus. The TV Champion and his enforcer lead Donovan and JaMarcus to another section of the boat. There are four chairs. Two chairs are facing the other two chairs. Donovan and Blake are the only ones who take a seat. JaMarcus stands by Donovan and Jaxson stands by Blake. He immediately picks up on JaMarcus refusing to take his eyes off Jaxson Sullivan. Jaxson doesn’t flinch. 

Blake waves at JaMarcus. “Not going to bother to say hello?” 

JaMarcus continues to ignore Blake. He is more entertained by the staring contest he is having with Jaxson. 

Donovan picks up on this too. “It’s kinda cute watching two hosses mark their territory.” Donovan chuckles. 

“JaMarcus!” Blake says more firmly. “Is there a problem?” Blake demands to know. 

Donovan waves his hand in front of Blake. “Focus on me! We got business to discuss.”

Jaxson pats Blake on the shoulder letting him know everything is good. 

Blake refocuses on Donovan. “Shoot.”

“Know what I find it amazing?” Donovan points at Blake. “You. How all of a sudden you turned over a new leaf. Blake Mason, brand new man, showcases to the world that there is a decent human being behind the asshole who made everyones life a living hell. Congrats on the turnaround.”

“Thanks.” Blake says weary of where this is leading. “Long road to get here, Donnie. Everything is coming together.”

“Well--” Donovan tilts his head to the side. “-- except for one thing. How is the chase for perfection going?” 

Blake rolls his eyes. 

Donovan holds up his hand conceding defeat. “Touchy subject? Sorry man. Didn’t mean to overstep.”    

Blake stands up. He motions to Donovan in the direction of the pier. “We are done here. All the jabs are getting tedious. State why you’re here or buzz off.”

Donovan crosses his legs. “Easy. Relax. All in good fun.”

“Not buying it. Get to the point.”

Donovan cups his hands. “See. Now that is the William Blake Mason we all know and adore. Right JaMarcus?”

JaMarcus nods. 

Donovan continues. “Where was I? Ah yes, you. You have done a masterful job turning your life around. Would be a shame if a ghost from your past bubbled to the surface to change the game, don’tcha think? That fine sexy thing Katya gave me and JaMarcus a life changing idea.”

“Going to lease JaMarcus services to Katya?” Blake raises his eyebrow. He looks at JaMarcus. “I thought we were cool.”

Donovan leans back in his seat. “Nah, nothing like that. JaMarcus kicking your wouldn’t do the trick. Wounds heal. The psychological ones? Ha. Those are the ones that last until the end of time. From 2014 to 2015, JaMarcus was your original insurance policy. Think of all the dirt he was a witness for. Would be a crying shame if some of your more nefarious dealings made their way to the light. What would Kelcey think?”

Blake narrows his eyes. He clenches his fist. After a tension releasing deep breath, Blake says. "What she thinks has no bearings on my life."

Donovan looks at JaMarcus. His client shakes his head in disbelief. Donovan returns his attention to Blake. "Who you conning?"

Blake leans forward. "Keep Kelcey out of this!!"

"Well, that's entirely up to you my friend. All depends on if you are willing to play ball." 

Blake yawns. "Is this about money?"  

"No..." JaMarcus says, finally deciding to open his mouth. "This is about justice, William."

Blake shifts his chair so he can look directly at JaMarcus. Folding his arms into his chest he glares at his former enforcer. "What did I ever do to you?" Blake demands the know.

"This is about what you haven't done. You made promises. You assured me that I would be the Evolution of Professional Wrestling. That it would be me spearheading the future. I'm not spearheading anything am I?"

Blake shrugs. "Don't see how that's my problem."

"You didn't keep your promise. The minute Legacy was done you forgot about me. Kept Christy in your back pocket. Sided with her when she stabbed me in the back. Cody became a World Champion. I was lost for years. I just want you to keep your word. That's all."

"I'm getting sick and tired of people blaming me for the reason their life sucks. Getting boring." Blake sighs.

"See!” JaMarcus grits through his teeth. “You haven't changed a bit." 

“We both know that’s not true.” Blake walks over to JaMarcus. Both men’s eyes meet. Blake continues on, “The old me would have gone to your girl after this meeting is done. Whisper sweet nuggets in her ear, have her knees tremble by the sound of my voice. My bad. Which girl of yours should I go to.”  

JaMarcus instantly wraps his right hand around Blake’s neck.

Jaxson is quick to rush over to separate Blake and JaMarcus. 

“Stand down, JaMarcus. Not the time for that.” Donovan demands. 

JaMarcus grits his teeth as he lets go of Blake.. He lets go of Blake. Jaxson makes a move to beat down JaMarcus. Blake stands between his current and former bodyguard. Feeling his neck, Blake says. “I’m good.” Blake coughs. 

Fully composed, Blake continues. “Wow. You do have a thing for Princess Nava, don’t you? Does Julia know?”

Donovan cuts in before JaMarcus has a chance to respond. He looks at JaMarcus.  “I got this.” 

JaMarcus nods. 

Donovan returns his focus to Blake. “All JaMarcus wants is for you to be held accountable for the false promises you failed to deliver on. Don’t see how that is a hard concept to grasp. I am going to ensure that you uphold your end of the bargain or else Katya is not the only person you need to worry about.”

Donovan adjusted his suit. 

As him and JaMarcus walk away, Blake can’t help but say, “Please Donnie, you're a half measure.” 

Hearing that stops Donovan in his tracks. He turns around. Looking like someone shot his dog, he says, “Come again?”

“You couldn’t hack it as a wrestler. Quit being GCW Shotgun General Manager because the pressure mounted. So the Soviet Gingers won the tag titles. Big whoop. Shame you are using JaMarcus to hold on to some semblance of relevance. Hate to break it to you Donnie, the reason why Lenore wasn’t swayed by your charm. She actually likes men who can make something of themselves. Not half measures like you.”

“OH HELL NO. CALLING ME A HALF MEASURE. Please--” Donovan beats his chest. “I have been underestimated my entire life. Don’t care that you have more money than God. You are going to put some respect on my name!”

Blake motions for Donovan to bring it on. “Try me.” 

JaMarcus is the one to hold Donovan back this time. Taking a deep breath, Donovan says. “Ok. A storm is coming. Prepare the drown, bitch!” Donovan snapped his fingers at JaMarcus. Blake’s former enforcer follows him as he walks back onto the pier. 

Blake watches both men walk away. Jaxson stands by his side. 

“Sure egging them on was the right call? How much dirt does JaMarcus have on you?” Jaxson inquires. 

“I am backing down to no one, no matter what they may or may not have on me.” 

“We should be prepared.” Jaxson insisted. 

“Yeah... we should.” Blake walks over to the entrance to the lower deck. He turns around to face Jaxson. “This could get ugly. Oh well. Come with me, can’t let good champagne go to waste.” 

With that Blake walks downstairs. Jaxson follows his lead. 

--

August 30th, 2020

Blake didn’t leave the “True Story” yacht yesterday after the meeting with Donovan and JaMarcus. He shared a couple of drinks with Jaxson. Told him he should go out and enjoy himself. Somehow he would find a way to survive without him. For the rest of the day Blake fired up his laptop. Essentially binged on every bit of Syren footage he could download on his computer. He needed to ensure he is one hundred percent prepared for his upcoming battle with Katya’s hired gun. Just get through this one challenge he kept reminding himself. 

Beating Syren is the only thing that mattered. 

He barely ate. 

He stayed up until one in the morning. 

The amount of sleep he actually got was minimum at best. 

He woke up around six in the morning. 

His laptop was still running.

He couldn’t decipher what year the Syren match was happening. He knew one thing, he felt like he crammed for the SATs.  Walking towards the stairs, his attention shifted to his black duffel bag. He walked over to it. Reached inside. Pulled out a black burner phone similar to the one he gave Kelcey weeks ago. He looked at her number. 

Does he call her he asks himself. 

Immediately he puts the phone down. 

Didn’t stop him from staring at it. 

Taking a deep breath he grabs the phone. He begins typing.  Wasn’t sure Kelcey would answer back. A few minutes pass. The burner phone vibrates. With a smile on his face he quickly responds back. 

Blake slipped out of the clothes he wore the day before, took a shower. He slipped on some brown shorts, black flip flops and a white t-shirt. It was three hours since he contacted Perfection. He waited on deck with child like anticipation. He was 99% certain this wasn’t going to be a stressful occasion. He would welcome what happened next. Kelcey Wallace walked along the pier. She is as striking as ever. His heart skips the same beat it normally does when she enters his orbit. She makes her way on the yacht. Blake gives her a hug. He doesn’t want to let go. He knows that he needs to. Grabbing her hand he leads her to the lower deck. In his excitement he didn’t bother to clean up. He bops himself on the head wishing the lower deck was more tiddy. Oh well. 

Kelcey looks at him. “Wild night?”

“You know what they say, laptops are horrific company.” he says with a smile. “Care to have a seat? Would you like anything to drink?”

“Nothing to drink. Thanks.” Kelcey says. 

She walks over to take a seat on his couch. 

Blake is quick to join her. 

“I watched so much footage of Syren yesterday I swear I have the image of that girl  seared into my brain. First thing I am going to do when the match is over is to purge her from memory. I feel dirty.” Blake says. 

“Oh love, if forgetting about Syren was only that simple. Listening to her drown on every week is enough to give anyone a migraine.” Kelcey smiles.  

“True on all accounts.” Blake nods. He grabs Kelcey’s hand. “I didn’t ask you here to talk shop. There is something I have been meaning to tell you for a month now.” He squeezes her hand. “Kelcey... I miss you.”

Hearing Blake say that brought a smile to her face. It has been awhile since they spent any measure of time together. “Miss you too, love.”

Blake is comforted hearing Kelcey say that. “I’m sorry for being distant. I didn’t want to be an inconvenience. You were battling to get your son back. Didn’t want Chris or Sienna to possibly use our history as a weapon to steer things in their direction. From what I’ve heard, Chris did the right thing. I had no reason to worry?” 

“No one knew how the judge would have ruled if Chris didn’t do what was right.  Sienna didn’t see it coming. You would have enjoyed that.” Kelcey said. 

“Maybe. Maybe not.” Blake shrugs. “I don’t want to be the guy who basks in someone elses misery. No real purpose to that. Sienna may be a monster. She grew attached to your son. That’s on her. Judging by the way she kicked Jordan’s ass at Rise to Greatness, by the time she comes after me, I’ll be ready. Me and Sienna can wait another day. I’m glad your son is home where he belongs. And that is the other reason I kept my distance.” 

Blake pauses. “This is the time where you need to settle in. To establish a sense of normalcy. Last thing you need from me is me burdening you with... you know.”

“I appreciate that, love. I can decide what is and what is not best for me.” Kelcey squeezes his hand. 

“What do you feel that is?” Blake asks. 

Kelcey smiles. 

Blake looks confused. “What am I missing?”

“A lot, love.” Kelcey kisses him on the cheek. “Mainly, I will decide what is best for me. And what is best for me Blake is for you to stop believing you are an inconvenience. You know if I truly believed that, we wouldn’t be in each others lives.” 

Blake leans back into the couch. Lingering into Kelcey’s eyes, he says “True. How about this? I’ll keep in touch. Zoom chats, skype calls, whatever. Hell, you can ride with me on my private jet to Breakdown this week. Don’t care who knows. We can fly back together. I want to meet your son. I’ll bring Kayla. Make a date out of it.”

Kelcey gets comfortable on the couch. He rests her head on his chest. “I would like that very much.”

“Me too Kelcey. Me too.” Blake says breathing a sigh of relief. 

Wrapping his arms around Kelcey he closes his eyes. The present moment is all that matters. As much as he wanted to throw in the towel, moments like this made him realize, maybe he can’t. 

--

<< PROMO TIME >>

The scene opens inside of what appears to be a film room. What captures the viewers attention at first is the back of a black leather reclining chair. On the wall is a  big screen with  footage of  Blake Mason  versus Syren from six years ago is on pause. A hand can be seen pointing a remote control at the screen.   The footage begins to play... 

Quote:Mason rolls over and stirs. Cruze just looks on as Ivy continues to watch Cameron. Cameron glares at them before Syren turns and dropkicks Mason as he turns back to her. He hits the mat. Syren looks around and goes to the ropes. Mason stirs and Syren then runs over and hits the Face Lift. Mason hits the mat. She turns and goes for the pin.

1!

2!

Mason kicks out. Both start to get up. Syren gets up first and grabs Mason and lifts him up, but Mason hits a jawbreaker out of the blue. The crowd sighs. Syren stumbles back. Mason then turns and kicks her in the ribs and puts her head between his legs. He smiles before Syren suddenly drops down and crawls through. Mason steps forward before turning around and going to grab Syren, but Syren boots him in the face. Mason falls to a knee. He gets up and Syren then jumps up and grabs Mason before hitting the Total Makeover. The crowd cheers. Syren rolls Mason over.

Sharper: “The same move Syren won the World Title with! She just hit it on Mason!”

Knots: “And look at that smile on the face of the former champion!”

Cruze smiles as Syren goes for the pin.

1!

2!

3!

The crowd roars. Syren rolls off. The bell sounds and the referee goes over to the corner. He’s hand the SCW World Championship and turns back to Syren. He hands it off to her. She smiles as she holds it up.

The same hand can be seen pointing at the screen. The footage pauses on Syren with a smile holding up her SCW World Championship. The camera shifts to Blake. The SCW Television Championship is resting on his lap.  The icey expression on his face doesn’t tell a complete story.  What is he thinking? Why replay the moment watching he has been on record in the past saying represents the most humiliating moment of his Supreme Championship Wrestling career. He sighs. After a few more seconds of silence he finally breaks it. 

“August 13th, 2014. A little over six years ago in my hometown of Boston. I was coming off a loss at Rise to Greatness to David Helms. At the time he was undefeated. I wanted to put an end to his undefeated streak for the purpose of launching myself into the World Title discussion. And maybe I had my own personal reasons. All in the past. I didn’t get the job done. Unbeknownst to me on the 13th, Syren decided to put her World Championship on the line. I thought great. Here is my chance. My moment. I would show the world that I was worthy enough to become the SCW World Champion... in a matter of moments, my dreams burned in a blaze of infamy. The fans in my hometown cheered, yes, ACTUALLY CHEERED that b--”

Blake grits his teeth. It’s obvious the word he wants to use. 

“-- they cheered Syren. I don’t remember her music playing.  I was at a loss. How could this travesty happen? Why couldn’t I get the job done in my hometown? Why were my people cheering a woman who went out of her way to humiliate me?”

“For years I told myself the story that Syren was a soulless succubus who got off on feeding on the misery and pain of others. She took advantage of me at a moment when my mind wasn’t one hundred percent locked in.  Coming off Rise to Greatness losses are never easy. There was a lot of turmoil going on in my personal life, she picked up on that like the opportunist that she is.” 

“For years the sight of Syren would bring me to anger.”

“For the humiliation she brought me.”

“For the aggravation she caused all my friends.”

“For being an objectively you know what.”

“Syren was at the top of my hate list for the past six years...”

Blake looks down at his SCW Television Championship in fondness reminding himself what is at stake this week. He looks hard into the camera. 

“But I learned an important lesson lately, Katya. Being consumed by hatred is not the way I want to live my life.  Far as Syren is concerned, there are a billion reasons to hate that girl. When you found a way to make this match happen you were likely thinking, remind Blake Mason of the biggest failure of his career, what better way to get a rise out of him.”

“You got a rise out of me alright--” Blake pauses. A smirk appears on his face indicating he is self aware of how his wording came across. “I so expect that to be taken the wrong way. Don’t edit that out.”

Blake takes a deep breath.

“The rise out of me wasn’t about making me relive the quote unquote  biggest humiliation of my Supreme Championship Wrestling tenure.”   Blake pauses giving his thoughts a chance to settle. 
“Perspective is a beautiful thing, Katya. I no longer look upon that night as the biggest humiliation of my career. Far from it. August 13th, 2014  is a moment, like so many other moments in my life, have reminded me that being obsessed with a task can lead me to ruin. Took years for that to finally sink it, but it’s true. What happens has no power over me unless I allow it. My reaction to losing to Syren was to walk away from the company for two whole months with my tail between my legs. I quit. I wanted nothing to do with the sport. I tried to forget that professional wrestling was the path I chose. I didn’t handle losing to Syren like a man. I was a coward. I allowed that snapshot moment in time to take on more meaning than it should have. Failing to become World Champion in my hometown is a lesson. Not  a humiliation. Not a disgrace. Not a scarlet letter I should wear around my neck until the end of time.” 

“Your goal with orchestrating this match falls on depth ears. When I look across the ring and see Syren, I don’t see a demon from my past. I don’t see red at the thought she could possibly take the Television Championship from me. No, no, no. Not at all. What I see is YOU--” 

Blake points at the camera. “--using someone to declare war against me. Katya. If this is a war you want? Fine. When I said earlier  you got a rise outta me, that is what I meant. I enjoy confrontation. Wanted and unwanted, confrontation is my vice. Always have. When I see a chance to but heads with someone, anyone, I can’t help myself. In my nature. As much as I have hated going to war with certain individuals over the course of my career, secretly, I smiled. Because I knew the prospect of butting heads with someone, anyone, turned me on. Maybe that is the real reason I can’t stay away from wrestling. Conflict in invitatable. Make no bones about it, I am unabashedly going to enjoy our dance as long as you want to play this game, Katya.”

Blake takes a deep breath to compose his thoughts.  

“Syren... if you retired today, you would go down as one of the most prolicet professional wrestlers in Supreme Championship Wrestling history. Your consistency is second to none. I wouldn’t be exaggerating by saying you are probably the most consistent performer in SCW history. No one has succeeded at a high level longer for as many years straight as you have. No one can doubt that  every match you compete in you,  you are a threat to come out on top. No one in their right mind should sleep on your talent, if they are caught napping, just like that-- Blake snaps his fingers.  “-- you can end it. I accept that my Television Championship reign is in jeopardy.” 

“So you and I are on the same page. September 2nd is NOT about avenging a six year old loss. What happened in Boston does NOT have power over me any longer. I don’t lose sleep anymore. My blood pressure doesn’t rise when I hear your name. I no longer over analyze the circumstances that led to you putting the World Championship on the line that night. Whether your intention was to go out of your way to humiliate me, truthfully, no longer matters.”

“September 2nd comes down to needing to know if I can beat you.”

Blake allows a few moments of silence to fill the room to allow his statement to kick in. 

“One day I do want to become SCW World Champion. Wearing the most prestigious championship in wrestling is  one goal I will never give up on. I know in order to become champion, I need to go through you.  As long as you are a fixture in this company, whether you are the World Champion by the time I am deemed worthy by management to become a contender or I need to go through you in a contenders match to move one step closer to my goal, all roads lead to you regardless.   In order to be the best, I need to beat the best. Syren. You are one of the best, no ins ands or butts about it. Anyone who wants to ascend to the top of the company needs to go through, The Self Proclaimed Best Female Wrestler In The World. Beating you is my official rite of passage to where I want to be one day.”

“But that is one day. I don’t want to give the impression I am looking too far into the future. Because I am not. Not by a long shot. The longer I hold the Television Championship the more I become attached to it. I remember the days when I watched wrestling from the comfort of my couch. There are certain championships that have the reputation of being the workhorse championship. No one can argue the Television Championship division carries the weight of being the workhorse division. Every week, whoever holds the championship needs to be ready to go. Never know who will be the next challenger to step up to the plate.  Over the years I have been known to talk out of my ass telling anyone who would listen how much I stole the show every night, no one can outwork me, yada yada yada. I am in a position now where I get to prove to myself that I can live up to those lofty words.” 

“I want to show that I can be the workhorse of Supreme Championship Wrestling. I need to be out there every single week on television being tested. Being challenged. Being pushed to my limit. Having the target on my back more than ever. As much as you love being champion Syren, I know beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt I am going to get your best shot. I welcome that. I NEED that. I demand it. For me, this is what being a professional wrestler is all about. Challenges, in every form.” 

Blake leans forward. His glare into the camera intensifies. He lifts up the Television Championship for everyone, including Katya, to see what he is fighting for on the 2nd of September. 

“Katya I don’t mind you sending whatever hired guy you have in the chamber my way.  Line them all up. I am more than prepared to knock each and every single one of your pawns down until you come to grips with the reality Katya; no matter what you do, how hard you push, I don’t care if your ploy to dispatch Syren on me is successful, understand the words that are coming out of my mouth...”

“I will not bend.” 

“I will not break.”

“I have no plans to surrender. Ever.”

Blake leans back. He rests the Television Championship back on his lap. 

“You want a war Katya? I am more than willing to fight as long as you do. Never a dull moment in this company. That’s why I can’t get enough. Do me a favor. Come down to the ring. Take a seat next to Sharper and Knots. I want you to have a front row seat for what is about to happen. When I put down Syren I will walk over to the ring post, stand on the middle turnbuckle, raise my SCW Television Championship in the air. I want to see the look on your face knowing your best shot was not good enough. Oh, and I get to say what no one has told you in a very long time...”

Blake flashes a mischievous smirk knowing full well what he is going to say. 

“Thanks for coming.”

Blake winks as the scene fades to black.
Last week I tried to write something and I started to wonder if the month off after Rise to Greatness had broken me. I just couldn't get anything started. This week I struggled to get going as well, but once I finally broke through that rust I enjoyed writing this one a lot.

Also, it's RP 316... and... that feels special.

Enjoy.

[Image: DoNotAdjust.gif]

The Syren Song: Verse 316
"That's so Ravyn"