Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost vs. Matt Hodges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, September 1, 2020
The Dark Side of the Sun

"Lost in the Waves"

Hollywood Hills, California
August 21st, 2020
3pm

The sun was shining brightly down on the beach side, with dozens upon dozens of excited voices littered throughout it. True, the summer was giving way to fall, but it seemed that the weather could still be "spring-esque" with the sunshine and cool waves that came and went against the sandy shore.

The small party of people could have been easily mistaken for just another "family" enjoying the day. Why not? They had a large barbecue near one of the "picnic" spots and were serving a variety of hamburgers and hot dogs, several of the group members were either swimming, eating, or playing volleyball using one of the nets that had been set up.

It was easily a wonderful scene to the young woman who sat a little ways off, just a bit away from the large group of people. She had taken part of all the mentioned festivities, almost embarrassed over the number of hamburgers she had been able to eat. She had no idea what David Helms put in those burgers or if it was the cheese he used or whatever, but combine it with lettuce, red onions and hot sauce and she couldn't get enough of them. For a brief moment, she cast a self-conscious glance down at her body, seeing the toned abs and longed legs, still pale despite her time in the sun. Maybe that's why I was rejected. she thought sadly. Put on some weight or something...

She didn't want to think about it, so she shook her head to clear it of the negative thoughts, casting a quick glance towards the party of people she saw down the way. It had taken almost a month since Rise to Greatness to get everyone together. People were either enjoying their own 'off-time' or dealing with their own personal issues, or something as simple as recovering from their matches. For a moment, the young woman spotted the young blonde Jordan Majors, running around with her girlfriend as the two played volleyball. The platinum-blonde had to admire Jordan's tenacity. If anyone understood what Jordan felt in losing to Sienna Swann, as well as getting beaten up harshly, it was her. Still, Jordan had done so many people, including her, proud in how she had handled herself and brought the fight. But, she had needed recovery-time.

Whatever the reasons being, the "RTG-post party" was in full swing today, with David Helms and Regan Street hosting with smiles and laughs that almost made Selena forget her troubles. She recognized so many faces from work: Owen Cruze, Kelcey Wallace, Peyton - practically the whole 'Perfect Pack' - Kennedy Street and Knots, who was still quite 'proud' of his 'heroic' moment at the SCW Hall of Fame against Christy Matthews' attempt to 'kill the mood', though Selena had to admit, it was fun to laugh about as he retold it over and over again.

The sounds of the waves crashing against the shore, stopping just at her feet to cool them brought her attention back to the waters. She couldn't recall every person attending this beach party even if she tried, so she just gazed across the waters until they disappeared into the horizon, a dark blue meeting a light blue. The cool wind - the only thing of fall that stood out in the Californian weather - touched every part of her bare skin, blowing her dark-blue sarong with white embroidery a bit into it. Publicly speaking, she had never shown this much skin before in terms of a bathing suit. Often, she only went swimming at her home in Manhattan, using her backyard lake before dawn broke out or her private swimming pool for exercise, neither of which required any clothing. However, if the situation had arisen, she always wore the one-piece swimsuits, usually with some kind of attachments like the long towel-skirts or a sarong.

But Regan and Kennedy had been insistent. Or rather, Regan had taken one good look at Selena's packed bathing suit, questioned the Snow Queen about how 'old she was' and proceeded to hide the swimsuit from Selena until she had taken the two-piece blue number Kennedy had offered her. The young Frost had still insisted on wearing a side sarong, at least, and doing her own hair, which the others had relented on. The end result was, Selena had to admit, something she wished Deanna could see. The sarong allowed one of her legs to be on display when she walked barefoot in the sand. The two-piece showed her toned abs and her hair, in its iconic braid, still had enough poof in the top for Selena to fit a medium-sized faux-red-flower blossom into it.

In short, she liked how she looked... But such a feeling only brought back the negative emotions she had been feeling the last few weeks. Again, she tried to breath and expel those thoughts. She knew she should be celebrating. She was a dual-champion, holding two of the top titles in SCW, and David - she cast a glance up the shore to where the veteran was laughing and flipping burgers still on the barbecue - he had become world champion. But most important of all, Selena had finally kept her promise to her sister.

Closing her eyes, the Snow Queen returned her head back towards the water in front of her. It had taken seven long months. Seven long months of coming up short in Trios Tournament, their first attempt at the titles, and all the uncertainty and doubt that come from the fear of being replaced when others were throwing themselves at Regan's feet. But, at long last, it was done. Not only was Regan Street now half of the World Tag-Team Champions, but she was the newest member of the "Supreme Champions club". Having achieved that goal a year and a half ago, herself, Selena knew how Regan must have felt, while at the same time understanding that she didn't entirely know. For Selena, it had just happened over time. She had followed the paths that came her way and she had, at some point, achieved that goal while achieving her true goal of finally winning the United States Championship, which she now also held after winning a tournament. But her sister, Regan, had tried for eight plus years to reach that same point. Eight years of just not having that opportunity for tag-titles happen, regardless of how many people she tagged with or how many matches she won.

Still... Selena sighed. It's done now. And she was proud of that. Kandis and Tommy, they had tried the same tactic in their words. To make Selena feel like she was 'replaceable'. Like anyone could have taken her place in Regan's eyes or that she was the 'second choice' over her husband, David. And maybe that was true on some level, but they were fools. It wasn't about being 'first choice' to Selena or whatever. On her own, she had won a tournament to regain the United States Title. Her status as a "main-event" superstar and "The Face of SCW" was never in doubt, so what did she care if she wasn't "top pick" or "first-choice". She had begun this endeavour to get her sister the tag-team titles. That was what was important to Selena. And if it had been David, she would have been proud of them both.

"Hey..."

The voice, gentle in its approach, caused Selena to open her eyes and turn her head towards it. Thankfully, the sun wasn't on that side, so she was able to clearly see the woman in blue-jean shorts and a lime-green bathing-suit top. The green-eyed blonde offered Selena a smile before moving to sit down in the sand beside her. "Just enjoying the day?"

"Mhmm." Selena hummed. "The fact that I haven't seen a broken needle or a used condom here is just wonderful." She teased.

The two sat in silence, the only sounds coming from the waves and the other people enjoying the day at the beach. For Selena, who had arrived back into the States a few days ago to spend time with Regan and the others, she was grateful she hadn't suffered any jetlag. Since the end of Rise, she had spent her time in Frankfurt or Schoenburg Castle, wanting to spend time with her children and family as well. Well, most of my family... the stray thought came in, causing her features to wince a little.

"There it is again." Regan's voice came in, having watched her sister's features.
"What?" Selena asked, turning to regard the new Supreme Champion.
"You know what." Regan remarked. "Ever since you came back from Germany, there's been moments where you've winced just like that-" she pointed at Selena's face.
"Like what?" Selena asked, feigning ignorance.
"Like you suddenly bit into a lemon or turned your back the wrong way - like a nagging pain or something."
"Lingering injury?" Selena tried with a shrug. "I did get hit pretty hard in the head, remember?"

"Uh-huh. Worse than getting a monitor to the face? Metal-railing to the head? Thrown into glass?"

Selena bit her lower lip at those memories. She had been fortunate in Minneapolis. While the tag-team match had been hard-hitting and tough, maybe even a show-stealer if the crowd feedback was any indication, she had walked away without any severe injuries - like a concussion.

"Come on." Urged the Hellcat. "Tell me what's going on. Did something happen in Germany?"
"Pfft. Did something happen in Germany..." Selena huffed under her breath before she took another deep breath as she fixed her sarong a little as the waves caressed her feet. "Something did happen in Germany..." She whispered. "But I don't know what it is."

"What?" Regan asked in confusion.
"I don't know what it is, Regan." Selena repeated. "And that's what's been bothering me this entire time."

Frankfurt Prison III
Frankfurt, Germany
July 27th, 2020
4pm

"I don't understand."

She stood there, dumbfounded, trying her best to comprehend the information that she had been handed. To say that it hadn't been an incredible, yet exhausting, few days for Selena would be untrue. In one week's time, she had gone through the 'send-home' episode of Breakdown, then immediately begun the Rise to Greatness buildup with meet and greets, interviews, and the Hall of Fame, followed by Rise to Greatness itself, which she was still riding high from, to this point in time where she was standing inside the waiting area of the Frankfurt Prison III, which by the way, she had recently survived a riot of sorts that had left her unsure of what the hell happened to her wife! The last time she had seen her beloved redhead, Deanna had been torn from her and she, herself, had been thrown out of the prison due to the previously mentioned riot.

Several phone calls throughout the week had done enough to quell her worries and anxiety enough for her to focus on Rise to Greatness. But those had mostly been from the officers/staff of the prison, telling her that things had 'resumed normalcy' within the prison. Deanna, however, Selena hadn't spoken to her since the riot, and not for the platinum-blonde's lack-of-trying. But Deanna hadn't been 'available to call', that's what the officers kept saying.

It was more than enough for Selena to ensure that nothing went wrong following her pay-per-view match at Rise to Greatness. She had, out of love for Regan and David, stayed till the end of the final match, where David won the World Title from Bree Lancaster, celebrating with Regan with sparkling cider (Delilah and Mikaela being considerate and getting non-alcoholic drinks) in-between their match and his so that Selena, as soon as the show was over, could grab her already-packed bags, get on her already prepared jet and fly as fast as possible to Frankfurt. The whole trip had taken 8-9 hours and, which had allowed Selena ample time to shower and sleep as the jet flew. To Selena, it stil felt like one long day, and, even though she would be late, thanks to time zones, she still would finally get some answers from Deanna.

Or, at least, that had been the plan.

"What do you mean I'm not allowed to see her?" Selena asked the guard that stood before her. "I know I'm late but I still have six hours on my conjugal visit-day. I'm allowed to use those. I've had to be late before..."

"I understand that." The officer, shorter than Selena and dark-skinned, merely sighed before she explained. "But, as it stands, Mrs. Deanna Frost is not accepting any visitors."
"And I'm telling you that that doesn't make sense." Selena stated. "Tell her it's her wife!"
"I did that, Mrs. Frost." The officer stated. "And she told me that she did not wish to see anyone. All visits, of any kind, must be consensual. From both parties."

Once more, Selena simply stood there, at a loss for words. It wasn't that she couldn't understand what the young woman was telling her. Rather, what the young woman was telling her didn't make any sense. Deanna craved their conjugal visits as much as Selena did. It was the only time every month that the two of them could be close. And it wasn't as if they could 'switch out' for another time in the month. No, if they didn't take advantage of their 'allotted' time, then tough luck. Wait another four weeks until the fourth Monday of the month!

For a moment, Selena turned away to pace throughout the room. She had dressed in a black, form-fitting dress, her platinum hair free like waves while still resembling some shape of what it usually held. She had dark, very dark, Crimson lipstick on and her shoulders, thanks to the dress design, were bare. She knew she'd get wolf-whistles and cat-calls once she made her way through the prison to the proper room, but it would be worth it for Deanna - she, as always, reasoned. But now? She was just a girl in a pretty dress, trying not to lose her mind.

"Can you... Can you tell me anything?" She asked, turned her head back towards the officer. "Because this...this doesn't make sense to me."

In response, the officer could only shrug.

"Did she seem alright?" Selena tried, but quickly added as the uniformed woman began to speak. "No, please let me explain. Last time I saw her was that riot that broke out. Last week? With all the alarms - Blarrr Blarrr!" She tried to impersonate the dreadful sound from that event, failing miserably. "And she was just yanked away from me - she did nothing wrong - and I've not been told anything about how she is or what is happening - and I think: This is okay! You have today. You can see her and get some answers. But you tell me that I can't- I can't see her. I can't check on her. I can't do anything... And I won't be able to for another four weeks... That's what you're telling me."

"I'm sorry." The guard stated, though she did not move from her position in front of the door, the one Selena had walked through multiple times in the past en route to her beloved. But now she couldn't.

"Did something happen to her?" Selena asked, almost ignoring the woman's apology. "Was it Queenie? Was it the people that did the riot? When you saw her and told her that I was here - can you tell me anything?"

The guard seemed to think for a moment, as if giving full contemplation to Selena's question. "She seemed..." She replied. "She seemed tired... Scared, maybe? Did you two have a fight?"
"Wha-no." Selena shook her head. "No!"

"Well, you are several hours late, Mrs. Frost. Perhaps that didn't sit well with her."
"But..." Selena's voice trailed off as she eyes spied the clock hanging on the wall. "But she knew this weekend was important... She knew I'd be late..."

Despite the truth behind those statements, Selena could not shake the creeping doubt that started to fill her. Was that what it was? Deanna had always been understand about Selena's schedule in SCW sometimes interfering with their conjugal visits, but the wrestler had always done her best to get there as fast as possible. And it wasn't like it was a regular thing, just that sometimes she was obligated to be at the Pay-Per-Views. But Deanna had always seemed to understand that.

But Deanna's never been ripped from your hands, has she? She's never had to deal with a riot in the place she is stuck in, did she? that creeping emotion mocked in her brain. All the phone calls you made and yet you decided to stay in the States and wrestle rather than go back to her....

Selena knew that this wasn't true! That she had gone back to the States because Regan and the others had needed her. What about Deanna? She needed you and you weren't there...

Looking over the guard's shoulder towards the door, Selena felt everything just... Just give. Her shoulders slumped and a sigh just flowed out of her mouth. "Can you...can you give her a message from me?"
"Sure." The officer nodded.
"Just that I'm sorry and that I love her."

It was all she could think of in that moment. All she could muster up without breaking down. One last calming breath and she turned on her heeled shoes and left the prison, her mind working a mile a minute, trying to comprehend what had happened - what could have happened - that would have made Deanna not want to see her? But as she reached the parking lot of the prison and turned her head back towards the complex, nothing but what the guard suggested kept coming back to her.

Well, you were several hours late... Perhaps that didn't sit well with her...

For several minutes, Selena just stared at the building, those words repeating in her head over and over again until she couldn't bare to look at the complex anymore. Pulling herself into her rented car, she wiped her eyes clear of any tears, ensuring her vision was well-enough for her to drive, before starting the car and driving away, her mind refusing to understand why...

Hollywood Hills, California
August 21st, 2020
3:43pm

"I visited the prison every day after that." Selena whispered as the waves continued to flow to and fro towards and away from her. She had her arms wrapped around her knees, which were drawn to her chest as she sat in the sand, her eyes still gazing out across the waters. Beside her, Regan had remained silent, choosing to listen intently to Selena's story. "Even with the kids, she wouldn't see me."

"And she's said nothing to you as to 'why'?" The Hellcat finally asked.
Selena shook her head. "I tried calling her when we were at Breakdown. I tried calling her at the house shows. Nothing."
"What about Gerda? What if she just brought the kids?"
"Tried that yesterday." Selena shrugged. "She called me and told me that they weren't allowed in either."

The two were silent, except for Selena, who sniffled a little as she rubbed her eye with the palm of her hand. "I just... I can't understand it." She finally settled on saying. "It's not like her. Why would she hold SCW and Rise to Greatness against me? She knew how important this was for both of us."

"I refuse to think THAT'S that reason." Regan huffed. "After all this time? All the crap you've gone through that she's had to deal with? Injuries, decisions... Now, suddenly, because you're late for sex-session, she wants nothing to do with you? I don't buy it."

The green-eyed blonde shook her head. "And look at it realistically. If it was just you, then why turn your kids away? Even when it was just them and Gerda - she turned them away. If it was your fault - if she was mad at you - then why turn them away when you're not there?"

For a moment, Selena's eyes widened at that reasoning. Her sister had a point. Why would Deanna turn away everyone if she was just mad at Selena? She'd have no reason to be mad at their children or Gerda. At least no way that Selena could logically comprehend, and she was pretty sure she had a good enough head on her shoulders to come up with some kind of reason if one existed.

But one did not exist.

"What are you thinking?" She asked, though part of her dreaded the answer from her tag-team partner.
"I'm trying to think of a reason why Deanna wouldn't be able to see her kids." Regan sighed. It was her turn to gaze out into the waters while Selena looked at her. "You? Sure, maybe she's pissed at you. I doubt it, but let's say she is. If I were Deanna, I'd want to see my children. Not only do I get to see them, rare as that is, but I also don't drag them into our problems."

"And you can stick it to me that you're seeing them and not me." Selena added, resting her cheek against her knees.
"Petty, but let's just say 'sure, why not'." Regan nodded.
"Well, it would bother me." Selena admitted. "Having the kids rush home and tell me what they saw and what they did-"

"THAT'S IT!"

Selena almost jumped out of her skin and into the sand at Regan's loud declaration. Even some of the other party-attenders turned their head to regard the two women several yards away. "I'm a genius!" Regan further stated.

"Humble too." Selena rolled her eyes. "Please don't scare me like that again."
"But I think I figured it out!" Regan tried to explain. "What if...and you may hate me for this... But what if Deanna knew that 'run home and tell Selena what they say and what they did' was exactly what she was worried about! What if she refused to see them, even without you, because she knew they'd tell you what they saw."

"And what would they see?" Selena asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "A prison?"
"Something that kept Deanna from letting you see her." Regan replied. "Think about it, Selena. Remember back to when we were in Germany together? That crazy girl threatened Deanna with a chain or something? You got right in front of her and-"
"Queenie." Selena interjected. "Her name was Queenie."
"Who gives a damn?" Regan stated. "Point is, you and I could have gotten fucked up, right?"
"There..." Selena sighed. "There was a chance of that, yes."

"Alright. And do you remember what you told me about Deanna getting a black eye?"
Selena's eyes narrowed at the memory of how Queenie and her followers had cornered Deanna and taken turns punching her in the face as part of her nine-month anniversary, the 'shiner-niner' as they called it.

Taking her silence for an answer, Regan continued. "What if something happened that the only way Deanna could hide it was to hide herself entirely? What if she's keeping away from you because something happened that she doesn't want you to see? Boom!"

No response came from the pale-skinned woman. No words would form in her throat. Instead, her mind assailed her with memories, going over every single moment she could conjure up in her head - moments that she had spent at that damned prison. And, despite all the wonderful memories of holding and making love to her beloved wife, there were a few dark memories that haunted Selena. A black eye. A look of pain and despair on her wife's face. And a threat she had heard over and over again...

Don't forget...your anniversary is coming up...

Eyes widening full, Selena's head jerked back to look at Regan. "It's Deanna's one-year anniversary in that prison..." She whispered. "Queenie kept talking about it..."

If her sister had shown a smug 'told-you-so' grin or an 'I figured it out' prideful 'AHA!', then perhaps Selena would have been better off. But Regan, a victim of kidnapping and assault and far, far worse - did not give such a remarks. Instead, her eyes grew wide, displaying an emotion that Selena could feel running up and down her spine. Fear.

She didn't have to say anything to Selena, but she did anyway, and it was something both women had realized. "Do you think..."
"I don't know..." Selena whispered. "But if you're right... Then Queenie is fucking dead."

The Royal Letter

The camera opens up to reveal Selena Frost sitting in a leather chair, quickly adjusting the camera, though it is unclear if it is a full camera or a phone camera. Her hair is in its iconic braid and, as she sits back in her chair, she is shown to be wearing a leather coat with an emerald-green shirt underneath. Her gaze is soft as she smiles at the camera and the audience.

Hello, dear SCW Universe. she bites her lower lip, seemingly barely unable to contain her excitement. I know it's been a month since I really sat down and filmed one of these. And a lot has happened. Lot has changed. I mean, my sister and I became tag-team champions, I retained the United States title, Regan became Supreme Champion at long last, and my kids' godfather became world champion in what can only be considered as the 'greatest comeback in history'. Selena shrugs her shoulders, sighing a little. I know this is where I should show the two titles and all that, but the thing is... That one night? Where all of that happened? It was about to much more than winning some titles. So much more than just "another accolade" and I know Regan feels the same way.

When she and I began this quest to become tag-team champions, we were met with countless critics, wrestler and non-wrestler alike, that thought we could not and would not ever succeed. That we didn't belong in the tag-team division. I mean, two years ago, we were tearing each other's hair out and smashing each other with monitors and tables and barbed-wire cat-o'-nine-tails. To go from that to World Tag-team champions, sisters-in-arms... It's quite the story.
A happy, enchanted smile forms across Selena's lips. It's a story that I'm proud to tell. It's a story I'm proud to tell my children. Because that journey changed Regan and I, and I think for the better. We learned humility. We learned about what we truly wanted out of our careers and what kind of legacy we wanted to leave behind. And I want my children to learn from those experiences, just as I hope all of you learn something from watching us wrestle and how we deal with obstacles and strife.

Carefully, the Snow Queen adjusts her braid, allowing it to rest over the left side of her chest. And as I said last time I was here in front of all of you in this manner, the story isn't over yet. It's just beginning. Not only do I have a contender for the United States title, but so does Frozen Hell for the tag-team titles. To me, the story needs to continue and Frozen Hell needs to show how much we are willing to fight for those tag titles. I need to show how much I am willing to fight for the United States title. We need to do what SCW promises each and every time it airs on television and on your phones and on your laptops. Be the leading force in sports entertainment!

Taking a moment to think about her words, Selena tilts her head before gazing back at the camera. Perhaps that's something that Matt Hodges is going to chide me for. "Selena Frost waving the SCW banner and chanting the SCW praises. What a surprise!". Seriously, what is so many people's issue with liking where you work? Enjoying your job? Believing in the business that you're a part of? That's something I've never quite understood in the minds of Beauty Factory, Infamous, Wonderland, and, yes, Matt Hodges.

I imagine it's not a surprise to you, Hodges, or to anyone that I'm praising SCW. I've only been doing it for almost seven years without fail, so good for you that you can point that out about me.

Come to think of it, I really should applaud you, Matthew. I mean, you seem to have me all figured out! Ready to 'expose me' or 'prove your superiority', maybe even name yourself "the REAL Face of SCW", because I haven't heard that before.

Let me ask you something, Hodges. Did looking at my bio for five minutes on the SCW website really give you THAT much confidence? Did seeing my accolades and nicknames give you that much of an idea of whom you're facing? Because if it did, sir, I would strongly recommend you re-examine that 'idea' before you lace up your boots and enter the ring with me. Because if you think you can get to me simply by calling me 'replacable', oh you are in for a long night, sir.

A slight smirk comes to Selena's face as she shakes her head.

In case you didn't realize, Matthew, being 'replacable' is something that's haunted me for months and not the way that you think. For months, there were rumours that I would be replaced as Regan Street's tag partner after we failed in our first attempt at Retribution to capture the tag-team titles. Names like Xander Valentine and Datura, Josh Hudson and James Evans, and of course, David Helms, we're all brought in. You want to talk about 'fear of being replaced'? Yeah, I was afraid that I'd be cast aside. That I'd be seen as "less" in the eyes of my best friend and sister, Regan. It was something all my opponents couldn't stop rubbing in my face. But you want to know the reality I had to face thanks to that was, Matt?

It was that lesson that you think you're teaching me. The notion that I am replacable.

Because I am. I know I am.

I know that there are other people that can and will take my spot if I can't wrestle anymore. I know that there are several wrestlers that will be here after I'm gone. I won't always be "The Snow Queen" or "The Face of SCW" or whatever other nickname someone gives me that rubs you the wrong way. One day, it will all be over. I had to come to terms with that very strongly when my world was spinning out of control. But I realized that that's not something to be afraid of, Hodges. That it will all end one day and I'll just be replaced. No, Matt, that may scare you, but it doesn't scare me. That's something that motivates me. That's something that makes me want to make every moment I have here, every match and every fan interaction, and every feud, and every opportunity be all that it can be! That's something that makes me want to give everything I have to everything I'm involved in! Because, yes, the world may forget about some girl from Nome five or ten or fifteen or twenty years from now that wrestled for some big company.

But me?
Selena smiles. I will always remember that, for a brief moment of SCW's history, I was part of it. I was called "The Face of SCW". I was "The Snow Queen". That's something no one, especially not you, can take away from me. Unlike you, Hodges, I don't want to leave here with regrets, just to come back years later bitter and hating the world. When it's my time to 'head back home for good', I want to leave feeling like, in my own small way, I did the best that I could at making this place a little better than when I came in. And like I said, Matthew, that's something I'll be able to tell my children and my grandchildren someday.

But, as you said, you're haunted by your career being... 'A footnote' you said, right? That's what made me realize something about you, Matt. See, there's something else you don't seem to really know about me. It's that, despite your opinion of me, I actually have learned and seen quite a few things in my near seven years here. One thing I've gotten really good at? It's calling people out on their crap.

And Hodges, you're on deck.

You want to say that people like me and Regan and David are just 'part of the system'. That those in power 'reward us' because we're 'the flavour' or 'something that can work but be easily replaced'.
Selena shakes her head. No, Matt. The reason why people like Regan and David and I is because we actually value them. We actually appreciate the fact that, without the SCW Universe, there would be no SCW. We would not have the careers we have, yourself included, without them and we actually are here for them and for their viewing pleasure. You? With your talk about 'the system' and 'greed' and 'superiority'? You're not 'a cut above', Matt. You're just being an arrogant jackass.

And yet you are the one talking about 'familiar gimmicks'. And yours is infallible? Once more, 'a cut above'? Please, Hodges! You're Giovanni's "Rage against the system" and Xander's "change it all back to the past version", mixed in with the Beauty Factory's "We're superior to everyone!" And throw in Syren's whining of "it ought to be me". All fake. All copied, Matt. The reality? The reality is that it burns you up inside that someone like David Helms came back and, on his own merit, did what you have been bragging you could do. Climb the mountain. Reach the top. Be the world champion. It burns you up that someone other than you is being talked about with a name like "The Face of SCW". That someone had the heart and soul to fight through all the hardships to earn that name. It burns you up that someone's victory and history-making moment like Regan Street had is getting more of a respectable nod than you having to practically cripple your opponent before your match just to get an edge.

You talk a big game, Matt. No doubt about it. Big plans, big promises. But it's people LIKE me and David Helms and Regan Street that are actually doing it. We don't need 'handicaps' or 'excuses' to account for our actions. We're actually making historic moments. Watch Rise to Greatness - actually do some more research about me, Matt - and you'll see what I mean.

Because you're not fighting some 'cow' or some 'corporate stooge'. What would be the fun in that? I don't think I'm fighting an old man. I know I'm fighting a Hall of Famer. I'm fighting someone that is so desperate to win, that he'll stoop to any level to make that happen. Rules and talent be damned - and he'll call it 'outwrestling'. I'm going to have to be on my A game to be able to match wits with you. I'm well aware of that, Matthew. And maybe, you're right. Maybe losing to me won't stop your 'ascent'. Maybe it won't slow you down or anything of the sort - if your loss to Blackbourne was any indication, it sure as hell won't stop your ego.
Selena gently raps her fingers on the armrest of her chair.

But...if you are so vastly superior to me, Hodges, then I recommend you prove it. If I am 'just another face' that you can blow past, then do it. Show the world how much more you know about this business in the years you've been gone. Show the world how little things have changed since you ran around here with the World title. Because if you can beat me after merely a cursory glance at my names and accolades and think you 'know enough'? Then it's me that will need to really reconsider my abilities inside that ring.

Because if you ask me? I think you're in for a rude awakening, sir. I think you're in for one of the rudest awakenings in your entire career when this 'one of many faces' brings you to your knees. Because, while everyone can be replaced here, one thing that people like me have done? Is we've raised the bar. We've raised the bar of expectations and talent needed to succeed in this business. Don't believe me? Ask Xander Valentine. Ask Syren and CHBK how much higher the bar has been lifted. Or better yet... Just wait till I show you in the ring. Because if you think Aaron Blackbourne gave you a hard time, believe me when I say that you haven't seen anything yet. Because it won't just be 'something' in your eye when it's all said and done, Matt. It will be my wrestling boot and a Glass Shard. And maybe, when you're done making excuses over 'another loss', it will be you that has learned a valuable lesson.

Selena narrows her eyes at the camera. A lesson that replacable isn't the same thing as forgettable... Believe it!

The camera fades on the smiling Snow Queen.