Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Jay Gold & Holly Adams vs. The Wonderland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Tag League Matches

4 RP limit for tag

Deadline: 12 NOON ET Wednesday, September 30, 2020
OOC:  If there wasn’t that rule about this tournament, I would have asked for this match to be postponed due to the circumstances, so I am just going promo only here.  I’m in a foul mood and haven’t been feeling well myself either.

[To say that I am not pleased would be an understatement, yet I kind of feel this is my fault.  If I had just been able to roll out of the ring after that loss to Syren, Kelsai would still be around to be my tag team partner.  No harm would have been done.  I feel responsible for why Kelsai got hurt, and to both Kelsai and Amy, I’m sorry.  I allowed myself to get into a gang warfare situation, yet again.  It’s the one situation that I hate most!  What makes it worse is that it is clearly going to be allowed and go unchecked, being Katya is now our overseer for the time being, and she favors Infamous highly.  Katya better watch herself, as I know full well her father is looking down upon her, already shaking his head.  As am I…]

[But what am I to do?  I now have to team with Holly Adams for the SCW Tag League.  This isn’t a knock on Holly as it could be a lot worse.  I just don’t care for Holly’s tactics that she uses, but I just did get off the phone with Ashley once again.  This time I called her and asked her what I should do.  It definitely was a humbling experience, going to someone that is 14 years younger than me for help, but despite not knowing her terribly well yet, I trust her.  She told me to give Holly a chance, and that maybe I could be helpful to her and she helpful to me.  This is what weighs on my mind this morning as I speak towards you all…]

Jay:
“I’m just going to come right out and say it to the world.  I take FULL responsibility for Kelsai getting hurt out there last Wednesday.  It’s on me, and to Amy and Kelsai, I am having a lot of regrets.  I am still genuinely concerned not just for you Kelsai, but for you Amy as well.  Unlike many old-timers here, I’m not a dick.  I was a dick that one time and it didn’t feel natural.  I didn’t want to be like that.  What I wanted right now was to team with Kelsai in the Tag League, to watch her continue to grow as a competitor.  She has looked great in the ring and Apocalypse proved what I have been saying since I came back.  I WANT to help the younger generation succeed.  I WANTED to pave the way for her to get that victory for our team.  Mission accomplished as I didn’t need the spotlight, nor do I want it.  If I win a championship match again while I’m back before I retire?  Great, but that’s much lower down on the list for me.”

“But now though, I don’t even get the opportunity of tagging with one of SCW’s young up-and-comers, and it’s all my fault.”

[I sigh.  It’s true.  I hate having to move on, but Ashley said I must, for Holly’s sake.]

Jay:
“And so now I’m paired with you Holly.  Look, I’m not your biggest fan, and I know you aren’t mine.  I will do my best to make this work for the both of us though, as you have not wronged me yet, nor have I wronged you.  Katya clearly wants to make life tough for me, but she made a mistake.  If she wanted to do that, she should have paired me with STD or Mitch Doogan, because even though I’m not a fan of what you do in that ring sometimes, I know you can get the job done when you need to do so.  Much like I still can as well!  Don’t let the losses to Syren and Kandis deceive you.  They are both VERY willing and able competitors and just happen to be at their top forms when I faced both of them.  I’m not going to slight them.  They earned their victories… much like how I want us to earn ours in the Tag League.”

“I’ll tell you one thing.  I don’t want The Wonderland getting anything.  They have proven that they deserve nothing.  So in all honesty, I don’t care which two members we face tonight.  I went after them at Rise To Greatness, was eyeballing Giovanni at Apocalypse, and now tonight, I want them off the radar.  That said, you’re not going to get the shaft from me.  I will perform as I always have.  Tonight won’t be a Golden Moment, but I will do more than just show up.  I will make sure that we begin this League with a 1-0 record.  And it won’t be the fault of the Lizard Kingdom.  It will be OUR fault!”

“I just hope you’re as ready as I am Holly.  I bet you are.  I have seen that you still have some youthful exuberance left in you.  And so I’ll tag with you based on that alone.  Let’s kick things off in a good way, because if we do, this random pairing just might work.”

[It’s all I have to say.  I don’t want to talk anymore.  It’s time to act.]
[Image: Nu7ax9c.png]

OOC: Sorry to hear about your situation Brett, I hope it gets better for you friend.