Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Giovanni Aries vs. Selena Frost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Giovanni Aries vs. Selena Frost

3 RP Limit
Deadline: 5 pm ET Saturday, September 8, 2018
I of the Storm

“Answers at the Bottom of a Bottle”

Deanna's emerald-green eyes spotted her wife in her peripheral vision as Selena gripped and squeezed her platinum braid in both hands – the pale woman's sign of pure discomfort. Deanna knew it well. The harder the Snow Queen grasped her iconic braid, the more uncomfortable she was. And with parts of her skin becoming even paler with a yellowish tinge around the edges and redder in other areas of her fingers, it was clear the deathgrip the former World Champion had on her hair.

“Hey.... you okay?” Deanna tried to reach out for her wife's hands, but they barely were able to touch the skin before Selena suddenly released the braid, her arms drawing around her exposed, pale (yet tight) abdominal muscles before roaming up her bare arms.

All Selena could do was shake her head, though her mind was screaming “WHAT DO YOU THINK?!” at the question. Everything about this situation felt beyond her control, starting with her sense. Her ears ached as the loud, beat music pounded away, the strong beats just adding more and more of a headache. Her eyes burned from the constantly changing lights that altered their colors – blasting her retinas with every single color that the rainbow possessed.

But the worse thing of all was the damn smell. Dear, sweet Odin... the wretched smell...

The Snow Queen could feel it burning her nostrils and making her stomach tighten and retch, not enough to make her sick but enough to add to her misery. It was the familiar scent of alcohol – the demon she had left behind years ago, along with her depression, in the pits of Nome, Alaska.

Didn't mean she wasn't still scared of said demon.

Without thinking, the platinum-blonde rubbed her arms at a brisk pace, despising the chill that came to across her skin and the goosebumps being created – though she could not recall a time in her life where the cold actually bothered her in any way (and she was the woman from goddamn Nome, Alaska!).

Why had her wife convinced her to dress so provocatively? Yes, she had worn black, tight jeans before and the blue, shoulderless crop top was not so different than some of the dresses she wore and even her wrestling attire now and then showed some skin, but those... Selena tried to reason in her mind... those had been in places she had control. Home, friends' parties, work where she could, literally, flip and spin within the ring like a superhero!

Here? In this bar? She had no control. It was like being trapped inside that water-crypt and, for a moment, the similarity caused Selena's breath to hitch in her throat. She longed to have her leather jacked around her – her armour covering her exposed skin – her weakness...

Freak...pale as snow...maybe she'll melt in the sun! Maybe she'll melt if we poor coffee on her!

The insults of her past flashed before her eyes briefly, but Selena bit down on her lower lips as she stood to the side with her wife and Jessica Winters. The SCW interviewer was too busy looking around the New York bar (Selena had already forgotten the name) to notice the Snow Queen's condition.

Deanna, however, was not so oblivious.

“Selena...” Deanna tried, reaching out in another attempt to take her wife's hands. She managed to touch them, but the grip Selena had on her own arms tightened, once more adopting the white, yellow, and red mixture of a deathgrip.

“Can we just go home...” she squeaked out in a whisper. “This was a bad idea...”

A bad idea that had started when Selena had returned home after the house shows a few days ago. The month of August (now in its final days) had started amazingly well, with her first match since Rise to Greatness being a clean, hard-fought victory against Alistaire Allocco – whom had just been named the new contender for the World title a few days ago. After the match, Selena had actually left Las Vegas feeling elated. Not only had she not been fired the week before, but she had beaten the man that had pinned her in her last Elimination Chamber match, ending an old itch that she had been dying to scratch for nearly a year. Allocco was certainly talented and Selena would happily say that he deserved another crack at the world title, but it still felt good to finally have a win against the former world champion. And though she had her issues with Giovanni Aries – or Jules or whatever he was calling himself now, in the weeks that followed – Mr. D.'s words from the first show of the new season of SCW had continued to ring in her ear – her victory over a former world champion solidifying their existence. She had felt better – stronger – she believed in those words. She wasn't some relic or “thing of the past that had been erased”, despite what Sienna Swann proclaimed and Regan repeated at ad nauseam. Her best wasn't behind her – she was set to have another epic pay-per-view match with Giovanni - potentially a main-event level one at that! - and she had headed back home to Manhattan from the last house show in New Jersey to share in the high spirits with her wife, three children and dog.

Jessica Winters visiting her the next day had been something she had not been expecting, especially her new friend being a mixture of distressed and frustrated. A quick cup of tea later and Jessica had explained everything to the Frost wives. Apparently, the interviewer had been stood up on some kind of online-date-hookup, which baffled the Snow Queen as she spied a glance at the woman admiring everything within the bar (especially with that form fitting black dress hugging every curve). Still, the brunette had explained that she had just driven around all day until she had found herself heading to New York and she had remembered that Selena lived in Manhattan... and, as Jessica had pointed out, Selena had promised to take her to a place to help her unwind, relax, and maybe hook up with someone.

I just...I don't know... I really just need a win... Jessica had said.

It was that line that convinced Selena that they do something. After all, she had desperately needed a win weeks ago returning to SCW after the vacation period – not just because of Rise to Greatness but because – quickly, the Snow Queen shook her head to dispel the haunting memory before it conjured itself up before her eyes again, adding more to her troubles. She had agreed and Deanna had immediately added herself to the mix.

And in that moment, Selena was grateful she had as the platinum-blonde quickly wrapped her arms tightly around her wife, squeezing her tight and hearing her “meep” in surprise. “We can go back home, send Gerda and Kai home early-” she tried to coax Deanna, running a hand through the woman's pixie-length hair of red. Deanna had been over the moon of seeing her hair growing back after so many months after her accident and maintaining its rich, red colour.

“Selena...”
“We can turn on Netflix and cuddle on the couch. Or...more...” she tried more desperately than in actual lust and need.
“What about Jessica?” Deanna asked in earnest, turning her head enough so Selena could see the 'I'm With Her' and an arrow pointing to a side – clearly something to keep the boys (and maybe ladies) off. “She came all the way from New Jersey.”

“I...”

For a moment, Selena actually considered leaving Jessica there – the woman was in a bar full of horny men (she had worked at a tavern long enough to know the kind of crowd that would be here this time at night – Nome was not THAT much different from Manhattan in terms of the 'male mind'). If all she wanted for a 'win' was sex with a stranger, she certainly didn't need the two of them there to get it. Especially here. The wrestler took a deep breath on instinct, immediately regretting it as her nostrils burned with the sickening smell of alcohol.

“Is it the booze?” Came the soft voice of Deanna – Selena actually surprised she could hear it over the booming music playing.
She nodded her head.

“Hey!” came a second voice, that of Jessica – friendly – as she turned around to stand closer to the Frost women. As she did, however, she noticed the older Frost seeming to struggle being here. “Are you okay?” she asked in genuine concern.
Again, Selena could only nod her head, choosing to take short breaths to lessen the smell she kept having to deal with.

“Places like these are... it's harder for her than we thought it would be.” Deanna tried to explain but the music suddenly became even louder (if that was possible), drowning her out.
“What?” Jessica strained to hear, moving closer.
“This place is harder for Selena than we thought!” Deanna repeated, louder than before.
“Why?” Jessica asked, her body actually starting to step a little with the beat.
“Long story.” Deanna stated.
“Wine!” Selena suddenly stated.
“What?” Jessica asked again.
“Red wine!” Selena repeated in greater detail.

“Wha-oh!” Jessica's eyes widened in realization. When she had shared that dinner date with Selena back in July – awkward as it had been – Selena had refused wine of any kind, saying she had a problem with alcohol. “Do...do you want us to go?” she asked loud enough for both Deanna and Selena to hear, though she could not hide the dejection in her own voice.

Selena and Deanna shared a look, both a mixture of hesitation and guilt. Jessica could have come to a bar all by herself. It wasn't like she was an idiot that needed 'wingwomen' to aid in her picking up someone. But she hadn't done that. She had come to Selena and held her to a promise. And while Deanna figured it out first, Selena a little slower thanks to her headache, both women realized the rather awkward truth.

Manhattan at night – this late at night – near a bar, wasn't a safe place for a woman by herself. Jessica had wanted friends to feel safe – so she could be herself.

“No.” Deanna said as Selena shook her head. “We'll be alright.” Selena nodded at that.

Immediately, Jessica's expression brightened, and her shoulders dropped a little in relaxation as she turned around to observe the crowd of people. Some were dancing on the lit tiles of the dance floor. Others sat at the tables and booths that surrounded the illuminated floor and bar. Selena also took in the scene – her brain instantly working as much as she could given her stresses. The lights made it hard to make out some of the features of the people but she could see several men and women walking to different booths, no doubt trying their luck to hook up. As her eyes scanned the rest of the bar/dance room, She suddenly saw a group of people leaving one of the booths in the back. An opening...

Quickly, she squeezed Deanna's shoulder, getting the redhead's attention and pointing towards the slowly vacating spot. Following her gaze, Deanna's eyes widened as she saw the booth before smiling knowingly. Immediately, she ducked low and was suddenly gone as Jessica turned around to see Selena.

“It's beyond crowded. Should we look for a-” she stopped as she saw Selena standing there, doing her best to ignore her senses, the Snow Queen putting on a small smile at her friend. “Where's De-”

Tilting her head a little to peer over the brunette's shoulder, Selena pointed to where she had seen the booth, causing Jessica to turn and look. To the single woman's surprise, the redhead was casually sitting in the booth, having somehow ducked and weaved her way through the crowd in seconds and now had her legs on the booth seats, waving her cellphone as a sort of beacon while warding off anyone that may have wanted the booth.

“How did she-” Jessica asked, but Selena simply shrugged before walking past her and towards her wife.

She's that good at getting what she wants... Selena thought, taking a moment to gaze at her wedding ring. It offered a brief reprise from her senses, allowing her to focus on the simple – yet hard – task of walking through the sea of loud music, stinging lights, and obnoxious people in the stuffed room. Eventually, however, she made it to the booth and slid in to sit beside Deanna, offering her sneak  wife a quick peck on the cheek. It was only when she was so close to the redhead that the platinum-blonde saw the two Advil on the table and the glass of water Deanna had summoned from a waiter.

Deanna only had to eye the medication followed by eye Selena before Selena scooped the pills up and downed them with water. Part of her hated the notion of taking any sort of painkiller but she was more afraid of losing it in this place than she was of 'falling off the wagon' over an Advil or two.

“Thank you.” she whispered, her voice easier to hear as they were farther away from the music and speakers. Deanna did not answer in words, instead reaching over to lace her fingers around Selena's, holding her hand tightly.

“Phew!” came Jessica's voice as she pushed herself into the free side of the booth beside the women. “Good job, Deanna!”
“Thanks.” Deanna smiled brightly. “A couple of boys wanted it but, I fought them off.”
“Wait...literally?” Selena asked with a little surprise.
“Oh please!” Jessica teased. “She probably batted her eyelashes super cute and they gave it to her.”
Deanna's gaze changed from one woman to the other before shrugging her shoulders. “One of you is right.” she simply said.

“Deanna!” Selena half-cried, half-laughed, the Advil slowly taking effect to ease her headache. “No fighting!”
“Selena.” Jessica shook her head. “You don't think-”
“Trust me!” Selena replied, holding up a finger to silence Jessica. “She is scrappy!”

To add to the point, Deanna growled playfully, holding her hand like a lion's claw. Jessica merely sputtered a laugh. “I'm sorry.” she said. “She's a kitten!”

Deanna growled again at Jessica before suddenly turning her head to Selena. “Meow.” she mewed playfully, cuddling up next to the platinum-blonde and resting her head on Selena's chest.

“Aww...” Jessica smiled as Selena wrapped her arms around Deanna's small frame. “Why can't I get that?”
“You're looking in the wrong place.” Selena answered simply, giving her wife another squeeze. “And this one is taken.”

“Alright alright.” grumbled Jessica in play. “Besides, not here for wine-and-dine.”
“Right.” Deanna replied, through she refused to move from her comfortable spot. “Here to get a friend laid.”

Selena rolled her eyes. “You understand that I've never done this before.”
“Done what?” Jessica asked.
“Helped someone hookup with someone else.”
“Me neither.” Deanna answered.
“I mean... what are you even looking for?” Selena asked.
“Honestly? Just...something.” Jessica answered with a huff. “I don't want to put labels on it. If I just make-out with a guy and walk away with that, that might be good enough. Just...I don't know-”

Neither woman answered right away as Jessica gave another huff before shaking her head. “I'm going to need some drinks.” She stated before waving over a waiter. Immediately, Selena's whole body stiffened in alarm – Deanna could feel it as she lay on her wife.

“Rum and coke.” Jessica requested the server as he arrived. The boy nodded his head before looking at Selena and Deanna.
“Malibu Sunset. Easy on the rum” Deanna warned, holding up a finger to the waiter.
“Pitcher of water.” Selena replied. “Tall glass – I'll happily use one of those long-island iced tea glasses if you have them.”

The young man nodded before turning away, Deanna shuffling off Selena so the two women could share a gaze.

“Don't let me have too much.” Deanna stated.
Selena nodded.
“I'm serious.” she pressed. “I'm not going to leave you to take care of me.”
“Okay. I promise.” Selena whispered.

Deanna smiled before turning her attention back to Jessica. “Okay, rules. First, don't be offering Selena any drinks. Not one. Don't ask. Don't beg. Nothing. Got it?”

Though slightly taken aback by the firmness of the order, Jessica quickly agreed.

“Anything else, minx? The smell?”
“I think I'll be okay.” Selena replied. “Let's just focus on getting Jessica her 'win', okay?”
“Right!” Deanna declared. “So we don't need a boyfriend. Just someone to give her some action. What's your type? Any preference? I see short, white, black, I think a chinese guy is-”

“And...off.” Selena stated, reaching over to gently tug Deanna's ear that was closest to Selena. Upon feeling the pull, the redhead immediately became quiet and stiff, flopping back into Selena's waiting arms.
“What the hell was that?” Jessica asked in confusion.
“Just something fun she and I made up.” Selena answered. “Her 'off-switch'.”

Gently, Selena guided the still-smiling Deanna back to sitting up in the booth, the redhead remaining quiet as she watched her wife and new friend.

“So, do you have a type?” Selena asked Jessica.
“Not really. I mean...that 'whole beauty is skin-deep thing' and with so many people at work-”
“Oh yeah....” Selena replied.

It was hard to fully appreciate beauty at work with several women showboating it in arrogance. And then there people like Derek Adonis and Manvel that just...

“But it's not all that bad.” Selena tried. “Besides, we're looking for a quick thing. So...”

Her sapphire eyes took in the crowd, eyeing several people. “We could just go out to the dance-floor and see who picks you up.”
“Yeah...but, that doesn't feel like a win, you know?” Jessica shrugged. “Being 'picked-up'? I rather be the one picking up. Picking the guy and seducing him. That make sense?”
“Yeah, but I'm totally clueless in how to do that.” Selena replied. “I've only had one boyfriend and that ended horribly.”
“Psssh.” Deanna pursed with her lips . “You've seduced me.”
“Deanna, I could wear a burlap sack and you'd still find me hot.” Selena stated honestly.

A slight crimson brushed across Deanna's cheeks before she smiled in sudden inspiration. “Well, yeah, but more so to get the burlap sack off you.”

It was Selena's turn to blush.

“And...” Selena and Deanna suddenly felt a tug on their ears. “Off!” Jessica teased, causing both Frost wives to turn and glare at her.
“No.” Both said at once.
“Sorry.” Jessica replied with her tongue sticking out between her rows of teeth, clearly not meaning that apology. She returned her attention to the crowds before her eyes widened at something.

“There.” she declared, pointing her fingers towards someone. “Him.” she affirmed. Both Selena and Deanna followed the arm and hand of the SCW employee towards a man with short, dark hair and a trim beard that circled his chin and upper lip. He looked like Chris Hemsworth, or maybe Shaun Cruse, Selena thought. He had a charcoal-black shirt under a dark-blue windbreaker and he clearly was in fine shape.

In short, the man, from the distance they could see, was fine specimen.

“Definitely him.” Jessica bit her lower lip.
“Good call.” Selena stated.
“Gay.”

Both the brunette's and the platinum-blonde's head snapped to the redhead watching the man as well, her chin resting on the palm of her hand.

“How can you tell?” Jessica stated.
“Gaydar.” Deanna shrugged.
“You don't have that.” Selena scoffed.
“Do too.” Deanna stated.
“De, you can't tell the difference between Kraft's peanut butter and no-name brand.”
“They taste the same!”
“Oh they sure as hell don't!” Selena countered!
“Fine.” Deanna shrugged. “Don't believe me. Go over there and try.”

There was a moment of silence as Jessica and Selena shared a glance as their drinks arrived at the table. “You think I should?” Jessica asked, clearly cautious.

“Well...isn't that what you came here for?” Selena asked.

Slowly, with a nod, Jessica took a deep sip of her drink before standing up, keeping the drink in her hand. “Where did he go?” she asked.

Quickly, Selena pointed him out and watched Jessica take a few steps.

“She's going to be disappointed.” Deanna whispered.
“Deanna, you might be wrong, you know.”
“I'm not.” Deanna shook her head.
“Well...” Selena observed Jessica as she slowly made her way to the stairs that lead to the other section of booths, one of which the man sat at. The Snow Queen could see the nervousness in her friend as she walked. “I'm going to help.”

Pushing herself to her feet, Selena fixed herself best she could before walking quickly to catch-up to Jessica. “Jess!” she called out but her voice was swallowed up by the sound of the music. Instead, she picked up her pace until she was standing behind the black-dress wearing beauty. Reaching out, Selena tapped her shoulder, gaining the attention of her friend as Jessica turned around.

“What?” she asked loudly.
“Wingwoman.” Selena answered, pointing at herself.

The answer caused an amused smile to break across Jessica's face. “Two on one?” she asked, turning her head to gaze at the man as he was drinking his own beverage. “He doesn't stand a chance.” she smiled before making her way the rest of the way until she was standing right next to him.

“Excuse me.” she practically purred, putting on her best sultry voice. To everyone's surprise, including Selena's, the woman expertly weaved her way into the handsome fellow's lap, side-saddle style. “My girlfriend and I were just enjoying the night and we saw you and I asked my friend, Selena – what did I ask, Selena?” she asked, gazing at Selena as if in play.

Selena's eyes widened for a moment – like a deer in headlights. She had no idea what to say. “You...you said – I wonder-” she had to think quickly! Pretend it's a promo! You're backstage in SCW and you have to talk like the Snow Queen! Control! Conceal...

She felt a familiar chill rush through her – a brief empowerment that made her able to focus. “You said, 'I wonder what such a handsome man is doing here in the middle of Manhattan. Is he a leo? He looks like a leo.'”

“Exactly!” Jessica replied, playing along. “Selena here thinks you're a...what was that?”
“A scorpio.” Selena answered.
“A scorpio. But I don't think so. Too pretty for that.” Jessica smiled sweetly at the hunk, who merely smirked before slowly reaching up to clap his hands.

“Okay...” he slowly spoke. “I have to admit, this was probably one of the best two-on-one pickup attempts I've ever had.” his accent was rich, sounding Australian. “Thank you very much, ladies. Kurt, what did you think?”

All eyes turned to the other side of the booth where a tall, thin man, who was also rather fetching, smiled and nodded. “Oh I agree. I was a little worried there, Cameron.”
“You were always the jealous type.” the young man replied.
“Only when it comes to you.” Kurt added.

Selena's eyes widened before she sighed. She wasn't blind. She had seen that look – between Kurt and Cameron – before. It was the same gaze she constantly gave to Deanna – to her beloved.

“I'm very sorry, ladies.” Kurt laughed at Cameron before turning his full attention to Jessica. “But I'm afraid it would be best if you stopped before you wasted your night. I would feel terrible if you wasted it on us.”

With a sigh, Jessica quietly extrapolated herself from Cameron's lap. “Really sorry.” Jessica said. “I'm kinda new to this.”
“You did a fine job.” Cameron offered.
“Absolutely.” Kurt added. “Charm, intelligence – better than the girls from last week, right, Cam?”

The two men continued to laugh as Jessica and Selena excused themselves. Remaining quiet, the two women made their up the short steps and back to their booth, Jessica downing the rest of her drink.

“Well?” Deanna asked, her head tilted and her smile knowing.
Neither woman said a word – neither wanted to give the redhead the satisfaction.

“Come on...” Deanna teased, sipping her Malibu Sunset.

Rolling her eyes, Selena turned her head to her wife. “The night is still young.”
“Not if you're chasing gay men – that's like fishing without a...” Deanna thought about it for a moment. “Actually, I have no idea how to use that analogy.”

“Fishing in a salmon stream and looking for cod.” Jessica stated, signalling the waiter for another drink. It arrived a few minutes later and she drank half of it. “How did you know he was gay? I never would have guessed that in a million years.”

The redhead shrugged. “Well, it helped that him and his boyfriend were the two guys that wanted our booth -”
“The ones you fought?!” Selena asked in surprise.
“The ones you charmed to let you keep it?!”
“One of you is right.” Deanna replied with a smile. “And seeing the two kiss as they walked away gave me a pretty good idea...”

“That's... rather unfortunate.” Jessica sighed for a moment.
“Don't worry.” Selena replied, drinking some of the cold water in her glass to help ease her senses amidst the noise and smell. “There's still plenty of fish in the sea – we'll get you that cod!”

It was a promise that Selena tried for another hour to keep for her friend, the pair going after guy after guy after guy. Each time, they were shot down – and, unlike the first time, the rest had been straight. After the fifth or sixth guy, however, it was clear to Jessica, and especially Selena, what the problem was.

“You were not kidding when you said you had no experience.” Jessica half-laughed as she flopped back down into her booth for the umpteenth time. “Wow...”

“I'm sorry.” Selena sighed. She had mucked up again.

True, she had the confidence in order to talk to people with her Snow Queen persona, emulating the wrestler/promo concept, but in a bar full of testosterone – fueled men, it was not wise to choose a conversation topic involving the simple fact that she could knock out a number of these “tough guys” with one kick up her leg. And with the music still blooming loudly in her ears, the platinum-blonde had had to yell most of her lines in her attempts to play wingwoman to Jessica over and over again.

“Problem?” Deanna asked as the pair of women took their seats in the booth again, the redhead a little more tipsy then she had been fifteen minutes ago.
“Same problem.” Jessica stated, running an aggravated hand through her brown hair. “Your wife keeps inadvertently emasculating every guy I pick.”
“I’m sorry.” Selena repeated for the umpteenth time (she had actually lost count). “I thought they would be impressed with the fact that we were tough.”

Slightly amused by the circumstances, Jessica drank what was her forth rum and coke tonight. “Should we just call it?” She asked as she placed the glass back on the table. “This night's become a bit of a wash.”
“No. Come on.” Deanna rushed. “I thought you guys really had that last one!” she added with ecouragement.
“Maybe you should just try it without me.” Selena offered kindly. “Wrestling and Nome stories and raising kids... That’s pretty much all I got.”

The SCW interviewer game a short snort and shrug of her shoulders before turning your head to Deanna. “Anybody been bothering you?”
“Not really.” answered the youngest woman. “I just flashed the wedding ring and t-shirt and they ran for the hills. Although...” the readhead turned her attention to Selena, eyeing her. We did get offered to participate in a threesome a few times.”  

“We what?!” Selena asked, her eyes eyes wide as saucers.
“Yeah, two guys in and a girl at different times asked.” Deanna replied as if it wasn't an issue.
“And you said no right?” Selena asked in alarm.
“Of course. You know I don't like sharing.” the redhead assured.

Jerking her head back to her friend Jessica, Selena gave a shrug of her own. “Maybe we should just wait for someone to pick you up.” She offered. “Least we know the getting is good.
“No”. Declared Jessica. “I’m going to pick someone and then I’m going to get them.”

With a small sense of renewed vigour, the brunette pushed herself out of her chair, and continued her hunt on her way to the bar, this time alone. With a sigh of her own, Selena sat back in her seat, sipping on her glass of cold water, which Deanna had tried to refill, albeit a little sloppily in her inebriated state.

“Did you really think talking about knocking a guy out would be a good pick up line?' came the slightly slurred speech of De.
Again, Selena shrugged. “They were arm wrestling when we came . It seem like a good idea.”
“Pfftttt....” the sound slipped from Deanna's lips, again, a sign of her current state. “Was I too easy?” She asked. “To pick up, I mean.”

Unable to stop herself, a snort of laughter came from the Snow Queen. “You're kidding. Remember how I had to fight myself to admit that I had feelings for you? How many times did you have to wait for that house to blow down?”
“A lot!... of times.” Deanna beamed. “But I wasn’t seducing you! No no!”
“What do you call Piranha in the shower?”
“I was being playful.” came the redhead's response, causing a knowing, amused smile and shake of the head from the wrestler.
“We are so weird.” She smiled.
“Yeah.” Deanna replied, clearly more relaxed than Selena was as she cuddled up to her wife. “But I like your weird.”
“I like yours too.” the older woman whispered, kissing her wife's temple. “You okay? I hate leaving you alone so many times tonight.”

Deanna shrugged at the question. “I'd love to dance with you but...” her eyes scanned the still crowded dance floor, parts of it obscured by the numerous heads and bodies of the young couples and dancers. “I just think it will make things worse.” She sighed.

However, as Deanna reached over to take her glass, refilled with the Malibu Sunset drink – she was surprised to see Selena's hand suddenly rest on top of the circular top of the glass.
“Nope. You're done.” Selena replied with a shake of her head.
“But they are so fruity!” Deanna whined.
“De. You told me to keep an eye on you.”

“I know. I know!” Deanna grumbled before turning her head back towards her wife. “My thoughtful minx.” she smiled suddenly before leaning in for a kiss. Normally, such an action would grant a comfortable, loving response from Selena, but as her wife drew close, she could smell the drink on her wife's lips and tongue – and while anybody else would smell the orange juice and small maraschinos first, Selena's senses could only pick up the rum – causing her back to stiffen and lean back on instinct.

Immediately, her mind was send screaming back to the last time Deanna had kissed her with alcohol in her mouth – during that nightmare in the lake at their house. Please, gods0  she mentally begged, her arms flying up to hold her wife by the shoulders. Not again...

Torn between pushing Deanna away and not wanting to hurt her wife in such a state, Selena could feel her heart pounding faster and faster the closer her wife got. However, as the horrid smell invaded her senses, causing her eyes to water in hopelessness, Deanna seemed to suddenly sober up slightly, the redhead catching the unshed tears in Selena's eyes.

“Oh my god!” she softly cried, her voice almost lost to the loud boom boom of the music that still played. Without hesitating, she backed away from her wife, causing Selena to suddenly breath in relief, though she didn't mean to do so as loudly as she did. “I am so sorry, Selena!” Deanna tried, her voice still a little slurred from her number of drinks. “I probably smell of oranges and rum!”

Selena could only nod, causing the redhead to suddenly nod with affirmation before grabbing her small purse (the same one she had used to get Selena her Advil earlier in the night). “Alright!” she declared, pushing herself out of the booth. “I am going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get the taste and smell out of my mouth!”
“By yourself?” Selena shook her head. “I'll go with you.”
“Nope.” Deanna shook her head faster than Selena had and placed her hand on the Snow Queen's shoulder to keep her in her seat. “You sit here and keep an eye for Jessica! Maybe I'll see her first.”
“Deanna!” Selena quickly caught on to her wife's implication.
“What? Nothing nasty. Just bathroom sex!”
“DEANNA!”
“Oh...that is kinda nasty, isn't it?” Deanna teased, sticking out her tongue playfully. “I'll let her know you don't approve if I see her.”
“Don't you dare bother her! Just go and brush your teeth.” Selena ordered.
“Then you'll kiss me?”
“Yes!” Selena promised, rolling her eyes.
“A big, messy one?”
“Whatever you want.”
“What if I want sex in the bathroom now?” Deanna bit her lower lip and wiggled her eyebrows as she gazed at her wife, her emerald-green eyes a mixture of lust and alcohol's haze.

Perhaps it was the alcohol smell or the booming music, but with Selena's senses on overload (and not in a good way), the platinum-blonde's answer could only be Deanna's name in a rather tense growl, which was more than enough for the redhead – even in her current state – to know enough was enough.

“I'll be right back.” she quickly stated before making her way out of the booth and towards the bathrooms in the back. Selena watched her leave and as the young woman stumbled to get to her location, Selena almost pushed herself out of the booth to look after her. Fortunately, Deanna quickly regained her footing and made her way into the bathroom without any further fuss.

The Snow Queen was alone, perhaps for the first time this evening. The music had suddenly changed to a slow dance number – Venessa Williams it sounded like – allowing some dancers to cozy up closer to their partners. It was a relief for the Snow Queen to have a slightly lower amount of noise filling her skull – even if the crowd was still loud and rowdy.

Still, just as the platinum-blonde began to relax, her eyes drooping closed...

“Murderer...”

The voice caused Selena's eyes to shoot open. Sitting on the other side of the booth, where Deanna had been sitting on and off all night, was the cold, demonic expression of Sirus. The ghost still had the white hair Selena remembered and its eyes were a mixture of black and white (again, as Selena recalled). But her wardrobe... Selena's eyes scanned down the body of the apparition, recognizing the attire as her SCW wrestling one.

“That's mine.” Selena hissed in a growl. “Why are you wearing it?”
“Well, you took my li-”
“For the last time, I didn't kill you!” Selena all but roared, almost getting the attention of the bar attendants near her. “Your mother killed you!”
“And who brought her to where I was?!”
“You can't throw that on me!” Selena spat. “Your father all but told me to do it!”

“And that is how Selena Frost operates, isn't it? Just like at work – someone says jump and you say, 'How high?' before you stop hopping like a bunny!”

Before Selena's eyes, the bitter ghost morphed and twisted into the familiar visage of her employer, Oleska D.. The 'SCW Owner'  grinned at the 'Face of SCW'. “Isn't that right, my favourite?”

“Oh, now you're just running out of ideas.” Selena spat with a shake of her head. “What's next? You want to turn into my mother and have her blame me for killing her?”

The bearded faced graphed and morphed again. “Well...you said it.”
“Walked into that one.” Selena muttered with a shake of her head.
“I didn't ask to be poisoned by Malcolm, you know.”
“You were never 'innocent', mother.” Selena replied simply.
“Did that mean I deserved to die?”

Selena's hands tightened into fists, her patience wearing out as the loud music suddenly came back with a vengeance – she could recognize the band/singer but the downbeat was back to its pounding BOOM BOOM BOOM!

“I'm sick of you showing up. You're not my mother, you're not my boss, what the hell do you want?”
'Mr. D.' greeted her again. “I'm just trying to protect you. Protect SCW.”
“You're not! You're constantly sending officials to get involved! You KNOW I can take down Giovanni! You KNOW I've dealt with worse! If you only would trust me!”

“Like I trusted you with Regan?” the face morphed back to Anastasia DeCarlo. “Like I trusted you to bring me back into the family?” before changing back to Sirus. “Like my father trusted you with my identity and location – with my life?”

The last two, Selena refused to let get to her. She had had no control of her step-mother's death and as for Sirus... she regretted not being able to help her, but there was little that would convince her that it was her fault that Evangeline DeWinter had murdered her own child! However, her 'boss'' words stung her to her core. He had trusted her with dealing with Regan and she had failed – hell, she knew she had and had even believed for weeks that she was going to get fired for her failing. It was a sore spot, and partially the reason she wasn't being more vocal about being babysat by the SCW owner and the officials when dealing with Giovanni's random attacks.

“You're not protecting me.” Selena stated. “All you're doing is reminding me of how haunted I was before SCW came about and my life changed! All you're making me do is...”

Her eyes widened and her jaw clenched as she stopped herself from finishing that sentence. Oh, she had a cure for dealing with ghosts – she had had one for a long time. Since her daughter Elsianna's birth and the Snow Queen's subsequent wish for her baby to live – which had brought her an illusion of the 'Snow Child'.

Slowly, Selena's eyes drifted to the full glass in front of her. The one she had stopped Deanna from drinking – the Malibu Sunset.

“No.” she hissed to herself and to the ghost sitting across her table. Immediately, her eyes scanned the bar frantically. Where was Jessica?! Where was Deanna – why was Deanna taking so long! She had a small mouth and small teeth!

Sirus grinned that familiar, twisted sneer at the struggling Snow Queen as Selena's senses – the smell of the booze, the deafening music, and the lights that stung her eyes – seemed to almost go up in fervour and intensity, as if controlled by the phantom herself. Everything hurt and each second under the agony felt like an eternity. She wanted it to stop, to shut the ghost up, go back home to her life and focus on her job! She could make up her failings in Toronto in a few weeks when she took on Giovanni! She would fight him and beat him! Not just to prove that she still has much to accomplish and do in SCW, but also to prove to Mr. D. that he didn't need to watch her. She could stand on her own! Protect SCW by herself! Fight her battles without officials running in and risking their health!

“Yes...” hissed Sirus. “All those officials that were attacked because they were keeping Giovanni away from you – or you away from him... Does it really matter? I doubt any of them deserved to be punched because Aries couldn't get to you... do you not feel sorry for them? Or are you as cold to them as you are to me?”

“I'm NOT cold to you!” Selena shot back angrily. “I'm sorry you died! I wish I could have prevented it! But you're trying to drive me to accept the blame! To make it all my fault! Haunt your mother! Leave me alone!”

Sirus grinned wickedly before leaning forward, her elbows resting on the table (wearing Selena's gloves, Selena noticed bitterly). “Make me, child.”

The face was still Sirus but the voice... it was Anastasia's. Selena had grown up most of her life with that condescending tone stuck in her ear. And that nickname – child – even when she had become Snow Queen. Even when she had moved out and lived on her own, even when she seemed to have her life back on track and got engaged to Adrian Scythe, even when she got her job in SCW, even when she survived attack after attack from the DeCarlos...

Child...
Child...
Child...
Child...

The voice was joined by that of Mr. D. and Sirus' own voice – their tone identical to 'Anastasia's'. Again, Sirus had little effect on Selena, but combined with that of her boss? After she had gotten sacrificed her 'unbelievable main-event' for him. After she had won wars against Monarchy and New Eden for him. After she had gotten her head smashed by monitors and chairs for him! It hadn't been enough, which was why he hadn't bothered to call her and tell her she still had a job after her loss in Toronto.

You're not important enough to him... he has REAL daughters to love now. He has no use for you, child...

Child...
Child...
Child...

SHUT THEM UP BEFORE YOU HATE HIM!

The last thought was her own, born of desperation as Selena gripped her ears. Quickly, her hand shot out, grabbing the closest thing to her, the glass of orange and red. Wildly, Selena tilted her head back and poured the concoction into her mouth, feeling the fruity-sweet taste fill her, cool her and, somehow, warm her at the same time. She swallowed it all without hesitating before opening her sapphire eyes and slamming the glass back on the table with a sharp 'clink' – luckily, it didn't break.

They were gone. Or was it singular? It was gone. They...It... it didn't matter – the ghost was silent, only the sounds of the real world continued to play as Selena looked around, her eyes spying Deanna exiting the washroom and rejoining her back in the booth.

“All clean!” the redhead marvelled before moving in to quickly kiss her wife. “See?” she pulled away with a smile. However, she stopped as she licked her lips. “Crap, I can still taste that drink – I'm so sorry -”
“Forget it.” Selena quickly said, looking away. “Don't worry about it.”
“But, I was certain-”
“I said, 'forget it.'.” Selena ordered, pushing herself out of the booth. “Let's go find Jessica. I want to go home.”

Sadly, this would be the most prominent moment of the night in Selena's memory. Her wife, confused and tipsy... her friend, gone to hunt in the crowd...

And with every step, Selena could feel the poison she had just taken. She feel it swirl around in her stomach. She could feel it dulling her senses slowly. Feel it bubbling in her veins.

It all felt...felt so damn good! And she hated herself all the more for it. She hadn't won against the ghost tonight. She knew that, and in that moment, she didn't care. All she could hear inside her was a sinister laughing. The one that continued to haunt her – the old demon in her heart she had just reawakened.

[Image: tetXUW1.jpg]

The camera opens up to reveal the interior of the United Center in Chicago, the home for SCW's upcoming pay-per-view, as decorated by the graphics and banners that are already in place. While the name of the event has certainly been used to help create a certain scene and decor for the pay-per-view, it only makes the prestine white of the ring canvas stand out, as well as the woman that sits in the middle of the ring, her legs crossed and her eyes looking out among the empty arena. The camera slowly focuses on her, revealing the Snow Queen, Selena Frost. Dressed in blue jeans and a black t-shirt with a blue dragon lining the side, the lights of white and arctic-blue add to her natural beauty. Still, she is not there to pose or do 'glamour shots' like certain superstars. Rather, she takes a deep breath before exhaling.

Apocalypse...

The name of the pay-per-view uttered aloud, but it seems to hold more weight in the voice of the former world champion.

I always found it funny that this event – one of the traditions of SCW – was always the first pay-per-view of the new season. Something that meant 'the end of the world' would actually be 'the start' of something.

I guess I find that funny because – it's actually what I'm hoping it is for me.

Dusting her hands off, Selena pushes herself to her feet, continuing to admire the graphics and banners that decorate the arena. You see, last year, at this same event, I lost the World Championship in a cage match to Ace Marshall. Why bring that up? I guess facing Alistaire Allocco, who was involved in that match, a few weeks ago kind of started bringing the memory back. The Snow Queen shakes her head sadly as she recollects. I had just won the World title for a second time – a few weeks prior, in fact. I wasn't ready to give it up. I wasn't ready to stop being the World Champion. But... I lost it... here – at this event.

And...
a shrug comes from the platinum-blonde. I guess it kind of was the 'end of the world' for me. Not in a morbid kind of way, but, I lost the world title and then proceeded to have one of the roughest seasons of my career. Between losing the title and then proceeding to go to war with Past, Present and Future, having my ankle busted up, and then that war in Toronto, it's... it's been rough.

It's an understatement from the Snow Queen, but the screen flickers for a moment before showing a series of shots, each one a painful memory of Selena's as they flash across the screen.

Choked by a pair of panties against a cage.
Smashed through one of the pods in the elimination chamber
Platinum-hair and head tied up with a barb-wire cat-of-nine-tails
Foot getting smashed by a large crate thanks to PPF
Being on crutches

The last image shown is of Selena getting her head smashed by a monitor thanks to Regan Street before showing Regan standing with her arm raised by Mr. D., begrudgingly, as Selena lays on the ring apron, defeated.

After Toronto, I actually believed, for a moment, that it was the end of the world. No secure future because my job was at risk, I didn't know if I could cut it anymore after the season I had...

But I was given a choice.
a tilt of her head sends her platinum-blonde braid swishing a little. Either believe that this was the end of the world... or that it could be the start of something new – like this pay-per-view is for the season of SCW! Turning to the camera, Selena gives slow, but bright smile. I chose the latter.

Because regardless of what's happened in the past – what happened last season – all the scrapes and bruises and injuries... I'm still here. I'm still me. I'm still Selena Frost and I'm still here to fight for SCW and to be the Best of the Best!

And that's important because my opponent would like everyone to believe that this Apocalypse is really the beginning of the end of the world for SCW.

Selena shakes her head.

And before he unleashes his promises of “burning things down” and “Lizard Kings” and... and... Selena pauses for a moment before turning her attention to the camera. You know what the hardest thing in all of this was, Giovanni? The hardest thing for me and possibly for Mr, D. has been? Figuring out 'why'? Why you've done what you've done. I've thought about that from the moment you laid your hands on Sasha, Katya, the board members and Mr. D..

The Snow Queen seems to think for a moment. But let me get back to that – because this isn't a fight between them, is it? And this isn't a fight between you and Mr. D.. He's not the one that will be in the ring with you. I am. Selena places her hand over her heart. Selena Frost. The Snow Queen. I hope you'll do well to remember that, Giovanni, because the last time you and I were in a one-fall match, I beat you. I knocked you out of the ring and pinned Christy Matthews to defeat you, her and Ravyn  Taylor.

So, you know I can outsmart and outwrestle you, Giovanni – just like I know you can do the same to me if allowed. I remember you getting me from behind during the End of the Year event last December and eliminating me from the royale. It's what motivated me to beat you in that other match. And apparently, with 'Jules' in the driver-seat, I should be terrified of being 'destroyed'.

Slowly, Selena holds her arms out, standing stock-still.

See me shaking, Gio? See me afraid? No. Know why? It's not because you're not dangerous. You clearly are. You took the man that ended my World title reign in a cage and utterly destroyed him another cage made of barbed wire! So, yes, I know you're dangerous, no matter who is driving your brain. But the reason I am not afraid of you is because I've seen the worse you can do... and it's nothing I haven't seen before. In fact, I've survived worse.

Selena shrugs her shoulders.

You think you're the first person to want to “kill me”? “Cripple me”? “Maim me”? “End my career”? What makes your words and threats so different from the Rachel Foxxs? The Regan Streets? The Sienna Swanns and countless others? You sure as hell can't do what those in Past, Present and Future did to me!

Because you fail to realize that this isn't some street fight between you and me. You're not in your world of barbed wire cages or Wonderland matches, Gio-Jules. You are in a WRESTLING match, which means, unless you want to be defeated by one of the “Lizard King's generals”, chair shots and monitors to the head, crates to the foot, barbed wire to your scalp – all the things I've survived and kept on fighting... you can't do to me. You can't do what others have done in a failing attempt to 'destroy' me, Giovanni. You, 'scary man', are in MY world with MY kind of rules. The kind that say that, while you can't use a chair on me without screwing yourself over, I sure as hell can knock you out with a swift kick to the head. Don't believe me? Just ask AJ Helms.

Selena's eyes narrow.

This, right here, isn't YOUR match and this ISN'T your Apocalypse to ruin SCW. This is not the night that you burn something down, Jules. This night is what I believed it can be. A new beginning for me. Like I proved against Alistaire and against AJ, I am not done here in SCW – my best days are NOT behind me. I'm only just getting started! The best is still to come! Those were the words of Mr. D. – not a Lizard King, not a corrupt boss, but someone that believes in the talent and wants to see people succeed!

The platinum-blonde slowly walks around the ring.

And I want to succeed, Giovanni. I am not going to lie, I want to see myself accomplishing things I never have before. Maybe it was the fear of being fired last month or maybe the wins I've gotten or maybe just continuing to be able to defend people like Katya and Sasha – but I don't want to take a single moment of my career for granted. I NEVER want to be back to thinking 'I can't get at the same level anymore'. I don't WANT to be on the same level I was in 2016.

I want to be better!

And beating you at Apocalypse? That will serve that goal and a few others!

Because if you told me a month ago that I would be facing Giovanni Aries, I would be over the moon. Why? Because I wanted to beat the man that won the Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royale. I wanted to fight the man that headlined Rise to Greatness and took Kennedy Street to her limit! I wanted to fight the guy that was moments away from becoming World Champion!

The smile slowly disappears from Selena's face as she lowers her arms.

Now? You tell me I'm facing Giovanni Aries? Or 'Jules'? Yes, I still very much want to beat him, but for an entirely different reason. A far more personal and dangerous one. And not just beat him like a professional – like with Alistaire – I want to knock him down and knock him out! Because I don't know exactly who this man is but it's not the Giovanni Aries that did all I just said. It's not the guy that's had one of the most amazing years for person still new to SCW!

Or maybe it is... and we've all been fooled this whole time. Tricked by theatrics and Wonderland slogans.

The Snow Queen shakes her head. That's what I am saying to you, Giovanni – because I don't give a damn now what you call yourself. I don't know who you are, but I sure as hell can see what you are.

You are a man that had it all. You had something that was – something unique. You were forging your name in SCW by being something that no one had seen before. Yes, it was a bit unorthodox, but it was YOURS to have! And all of these people-
Selena gestures to the empty seats. They believed in you! They worked with you! They stood by you! And you rode that momentum through a year that many of us could only dream of having. Hell, like I said, you headlined Rise to Greatness! Do you have any idea how much I have tried year after year to do that?! With one hand, Selena points at the camera, to Giovanni. You were your own man, your own person, on your path and so many people, myself included, respected you for it!

But what happened? You can say “a lizard king got you” or “you found his identity” or spin whatever line you can, but we both know that's as much crap as is you trying to burn SCW to the ground. Because you can't burn down what SCW stands for. You can't destroy what people believe in when they think of Supreme Championship Wrestling. You can maybe beat some superstars, maybe hit the boss, maybe even burn down a building, but what SCW stands for? What it represents? You can't touch that, Giovanni, no matter how much you or Jules try.

Your words that say otherwise is a bunch of crap and so are you. As I said, it wasn't a Lizard King that changed everything for you, Giovanni. It was you. Just you.

Selena crosses her arms.

Because somewhere, along the way, you started to believe in all the hype. You started to believe that you were the rightful main-event. The rightful World Champion. And you went into Toronto with your head high and Kennedy made you hit a brick wall. All the momentum, that whole run – and for the first time in perhaps his career, Giovanni Aries was stopped dead in his tracks. Knocked down.

And rather than pick himself up, show that he was the one and only Giovanni Aries... what did you do, Gio?

Selena's jaw clenches tightly.

You attacked innocent people...

There is a growl in Selena's voice. You choose, instead, to blame someone for your shortcomings. You chose – rather than to be the only Giovanni Aries – to become just another Regan Street, Sienna Swann, Bree Lancaster, Chad Evans, the list could go on for hours. You threw away your own identity – the thing that made you stand above and beyond so many – that made you stand out – you threw it away just to become like all the other self-entitled, how did Mr. D. phrase it? Self-entitled prima donnas.

And there is no other way to say it: You did it because you are a coward.

A moment of silence passes as Selena allows her words to sink in.

You know what Kennedy Street, Jason Helms, and people like me have in common? Kennedy may have lost her title and have Sienna being her weakness right now and Jason may not be the US champion anymore and has an injured arm, and I may have gotten beaten by Regan – but never, not once, did we make excuses. We owned our losses. We accepted them, learned from them. We didn't pretend that they never happened or say “they don't count” or that they were “invalidated”. We accepted them and used them as lessons to make us better .That is what Kennedy is doing, I know that is what Jason is doing and that is what I am doing. For Odin's sake, look at Konrad Raab! He's had some amazing wins and some soul-crushing losses and never, not once, has he blamed the SCW staff for it. He's owned it and pushed himself to get better and better. That man is an inspiration!

You? You're a coward, Gio. I know that because I've made a career of facing people just like the man you have become. In fact, you want to know the biggest example of the kind of filth you're trying to sell here?

Selena's eyes narrow. Vixen Cain. the name rings throughout the arena. You think you're an original, Gio? You think adopting a new personality to 'clean the slate' and get some momentum hasn't been done? Yeah... Vixen Cain.

And let's not fool ourselves. We ALL knew who he really was – his clues were far from subtle - and if you follow the history of SCW, you'll know the kind of man he was. Changing between one of his dozen personalities throughout SCW's history. Look at any of his World reigns. All in different names because, like you, when things got tough, rather than face them head on, he cowered away and hid behind a mask. Hid behind something that could allow him to 'do whatever he wanted' because 'it's not me! It's so and so!'

The gaze of the Snow Queen turns dark, It got so bad, Giovanni, that his legacy was smeared by it. He became little more than a desperate fool – he changed himself so many times, I doubt he even knew who he was anymore. And instead of learning from his mistakes, he hid from them. Just like you.

So, that's why my attitude changed, Giovanni. That's the new reason why I want to beat you. Because instead of facing something new and original like the Giovanni you were, I am facing a crybaby copy of Sienna and Regan named Jules – and it infuriates me. Because, to be honest, I am sick of dealing with self-entitled cowards like you. I'm sick of dealing with people that attack non-wrestlers to feel 'tough' and 'bad'. People who think they are “better” than SCW when they're simply too afraid to look weak after they are knocked down and think they are owed the world!

Quickly, Selena adjusts her braid with a flick of her wrist, calming herself slightly.

My father taught me that it isn't the number of times we get knocked down that defines us. It's the number of times we can get back up and keep fighting. You were knocked down once in Toronto, and you've stayed down ever since, Giovanni – too afraid to get back up. Letting Jules call the shots.

Well, I refuse to see another man hiding behind a mask use SCW for his own twisted games. I refuse to be the tool and stepping grounds for someone like you to desperately shortcut your way back to what you feel you lost when you're too afraid to just be yourself and take it!

At Apocalypse, I will face you and Jules and I don't care who's head I have to kick or who's arm I am going to have to twist, but, I assure you, SCW will not burn tonight. Rather, my wonderland – the land of SCW – will remain standing, just as I will be standing over you! Not because I'm more dangerous or more insane than you...

But because I am not afraid to get back up when someone knocks me down!

The Snow Queen grins as she glares into the camera. Believe it, Giovanni. I don't care who you are. I know WHAT you are – and SCW will never yield to a coward!

With a spin, Selena exits the ring, the camera slowly fading to black.