Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Dark Fantasy vs. Gavin Taylor & Katie Steward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Tag League

4 RP limit for tag

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, October 6, 2020
OOC: I bailed on the story. Kinda of had trouble figuring it out. So just a promo so I show.

SCW Goddess | Katie Steward | "A Darker Reality"

{The scene opens inside of Katie’s church of her Lady Goddess. The altar is decorated in Katie’s ‘OTG’ trademarking to get her branding out there. The camera spins around to the first row of pews where Katie is laying down in her white religious style ring robe. She doesn’t look too happy with how things are going for her.}

Katie Steward: You’re Goddess is not happy and Gavin Taylor is the root of my headache. I knew this would be somewhat of a problem as I don’t know much about him. I live in my own world. I have my Brats. I have Gigi and Maddy. I have TJ. That’s all I need. The rest of SCW can do whatever they want with whoever they want and that’s fine with me. So when I get the opportunity of stepping outside of my comfort zone it’s very much a good thing. I’m a strong woman and I can adapt well to most things. Though I really don’t have to tell anyone that knows my SCW career that. They know that Katie Steward is the most well versed talent on the roster and well they try to take me out of my element I still shine bright. (laughs) I was a freaking Underground Champion for crying out loud.

{Katie sits up in the pew and stares at her altar.}

Katie Steward: Katie Steward can do anything. Gsvin isn’t going to ruin this for me. This is just another plot by SCW to test my faith and it’s not going to work. They failed to understand that Katie Steward is a brilliant actress. I know the script and I know exactly how to work my way around it. See we’re playing 80’s – 90’s era movies here. It’s a story as old as, well 30 years ago. The star of the show. Popular talent. Just the hottest thing on two legs. (smiling) Me. Is given the task of taking a lump of clay and turning it into… well I’m not really interested in a serious partner. So just the bare minimum, barely passing of a winning wrestler. Katie Steward is going to win this tag league and its going to get her what she wants everyone can rejoice in knowing the stupid whose the best argument will be forever dead. So last week was just a trial run and this week is the real deal.

{Katie takes a breath as she stands up and approaches her altar. She feels a lot better after her talk with who was probably her Goddess. She can now get into the important things.}

Katie Steward: So last week Gavin disappointed me by losing to Chris Cannon and Lucas Knight. That is understandable. They’re all pretty evenly matched. I mean they’re not on my level, but SCW is of course giving me a challenge and making me earn my opportunity. I am of course woman enough to work my way of earning a shot and not throw a fit and attack the ones in charge like the Brat I should be. Like I’ve said before I’ve come a long way from the girl I once was. So I am ready for Breakdown and to challenge Dark Fantasy.

{Katie pauses for a second. She seems to fight herself a bit of wanting to go on a rant, but she is ok and continues on.}

Katie Steward: One of the best teams in SCW, Dark Fantasy who of course are apart of the Tag League. You wouldn’t want to hit the randomization button for them. This isn’t something like the Trios Tournament. We need it to be fun and challenging. SCW is really trying to test my faith. It’s not going to work though. I am strong. I’m not afraid of Dark Fantasy. I can beat Dark Fantasy.

{Katie begins to pace around her altar. Her breathing becomes a little irrate, but she tries to control herself.}

Katie Steward: It’s ok. Dark Fantasy isn’t the best. Katie Steward is the best. That’s what we’re here to get. They can’t argue it. Nobody is going to be able to argue it. They might as well forfeit, but Katie Steward has already won. Gavin is not going to let another blunder happen like last week. Gavin will not fail me. My faith is strong. I am the OTG and Dark Fantasy is about to bottom out of this league.

{Katie takes one final breath as she fixes herself up. She has enough of thinking about Breakdown and SCW clear sabotage. Breakdown though, Breakdown it begins to change and the scene and the episode fade.}
I had so much fun with this RP, but for different reasons than normal.

First off, the narrative is tied to the events occurring in SCW around the time that the RP is set. I think it gives a fun insight into Ravyn's mind that you didn't get at the time due to the fact that her promos don't often reflect her true thoughts -- that and I was on a LOA at the time.

On top of that, it also does more to introduce two characters who have a lot of lore around them that most people (by which I mean basically everyone but Jon and me, who came up with it) know anything about. It's not particularly vital to understanding the story going forward, but I had fun playing with it nonetheless.

Enjoy.

[Image: thediary.png]

Ravyn Taylor's Diary
March 12th, 2019
Posting this RP for both matches.

This may be my favourite RP I've written all year. From the fun I had with the bits with Maddie McTaggart, to the seriousness of the part with Holly Adams (both of whom appear with permission), to the level of emotional vulnerability of Zoe in the whole thing... I just really like how this came together. And then the ending just topped it off.

I really enjoy RPs that explore the relationships between characters and show depths to those relationships that even the characters sometimes aren't aware of, and this one just ticked my boxes. So hopefully anyone who reads it will enjoy it too.

Just for the sake of the timeline, the RP is set around Rise to Greatness, and is over a year after the events of Ravyn's RP.

Enjoy.

[Image: DoNotAdjust.gif]

The Syren Song: Verse 318
"Why would someone shit on a dog?!"