Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Gavin Taylor & Katie Steward vs. Frozen Hell (Sydney)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
World Tag League Match

4 RP Limit for tag

Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Tuesday, November 3, 2020
OOC: Consider this a build and a teaser Tongue Enjoy and best of luck everyone.

The Dark Side of the Sun

”Hallow is the Eve”

Hilton Long Beach
Long Beach, California
October 31st, 2020
4:43pm

“Don’t be horsing around too much, guys!” Selena called out as she sat in front of the mirror, dabbing the sponge in her hand against her forehead gently, blending the makeup carefully into her skin, while avoiding the strands of her platinum-hair, the hairline perfectly ‘painted’. “I don’t want you ruining your costumes.”

“David start it!” called out the youngest child, Amiliah.
“Did not!” came the instant reply from the middle child, David.

Closing her eyes, the young Frost prepared herself for the inevitable to and fro argument that was developing. She did not have to wait long.

“Did too!”
“Did not!”
“Did too!”
“Did not!”

“Children!” Selena called out. “I thought you said you would behave as long as we went trick-or-treating. Do I have to call Gerda over and cancel?”

“No!” both children cried from the other room that, along with the bathroom Selena sat in, took up the entire room they had rented for the next few nights at the Hilton Long Beach. Gerda was in the room next door and would be joining them and baby-sitting the children during the homeward ride home and remainder of the evening.

It had been a difficult little situation to put together. For Selena, she had originally, and simply decided to take the children trick-or-treating throughout Oberwesel. However, the difference this year had been her dear sister, Regan. The Hellcat had been particularly pressing in trying to convince Selena to come to Long Beach and attend the grand Halloween party Kelcey Wallace threw almost every year. With its return this year, it seemed many people in the wrestling community were getting excited about the season once more.

A small smile came to Selena’s lips. She remembered going to the first of such big parties – one of the first epic parties she had ever gone to. It wasn’t like she had such opportunities in the past as “the crazy miner’s daughter” back in Nome, Alaska. Her first attendance at Kelcey’s party, despite it being roughened up a little with an argument with Dawn Lohan, had been all the more wonderful because she had been with Deanna.

Selena’s hand paused its application of the makeup sponge to her jawline as the name crossed her mind. Deanna. It brought another smile, albeit a little sadder, to her face. Her face was getting better at recovering from the actions of Queenie. Not that she could be expected to be cured overnight, but very, very slowly, she was becoming more and more like the Deanna she knew, for the most part. Selena knew, much like when her wife had first been arrested, that this was another thing that had changed them forever, and to assume they could both just ‘go back’ as if nothing had happened was impossible.

That isn’t how life works. Selena sighed as she continued touching up her jaw with the sponge, seeing more and more of her pale skin disappear. She had already finished her hands first and thank Odin she had picked a rather dark and long dress that covered up her neck and arms, showing only her hands and face. It had shortened her makeup time considerably, as she only had to apply makeup from her hands to the middle of her forearm and from her face to a portion of her collarbone.

Finishing that aspect, she chose far darker-shade of lipstick and applied it to her lips carefully, giving them the dark, almost seductive appearance before appraising herself in the mirror as she stood to her full height. Good thing Deanna didn’t see me like this. The Snow Queen thought with a tilt of her head. Poor thing would probably have another episode.

The only thing that was “out of place” or “out of character” with her costume was that she had refused to dye her hair any color (it was supposed to be black), but seeing herself in the mirror, the young woman didn’t mind that at all. If anything, it made her costume feel less ‘generic’ and more ‘hers’.

With one last check, Selena quietly removed herself from the bathroom to see her three children watching television in the other room. First, closest to her, on the closet queen-size bed (one of two) was her son, David. The little boy had chosen to dress up as a pirate, more specifically like Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean, though Selena had regretted letting the four-year old watch that movie, as he sometimes had nightmares about the “zombie pirates” coming to get him. He sat against the fort of pillows he had made for himself, eyes glued to the television.  Further away, on the second queen-size bed, there sat Selena’s oldest daughter, Elsianna, with little Amiliah in her lap, the older sister’s arms wrapped protectively around her. Out of the three, Amiliah was easily the cutest, the three year old wrapped in a big cloth sort of pacha that was decorated to look like a ladybug. She had small, felt and Styrofoam-balled ‘antennae’ attached to a plastic hair-band that sat on her head (Selena had made that with some spare time, glue, and arts and crafts). The little one bounced about excitedly, though Elsianna kept her put. As for the eldest Frost child, Elsa wore… Selena wasn’t sure she would call it a costume, as it seemed more like her regular clothes. A black gown, her regular gloves (these ones black) that covered her arms up to just below her elbows, and her hair, while Selena’s was up in its iconic braid, was a simple ponytail. Still, Elsa had assured her that it was a costume.

How did she put it? Gothic masquerade. Selena recalled, spotting the simple black, masquerade on the night stand next to Elsianna. For the most part, the children hadn’t seemed to mind having Halloween in California over Germany or Manhattan, which had been a rather huge relief to Selena, the mother of three originally worried that there would be some complaining over travel. Of course, David had whined a little over want to go the party that awaited Selena afterwards, and THAT, in particular, had taken some time to explain to him why he couldn’t go.

With another step, Selena fully emerged into the room and the first ceiling light in said part of the room. Immediately, three pairs of eyes, two blue and one green, were on her, surprisingly making her feel a little shy as she stood there, causing her hands to shake a little before slowly hiding behind her back as she stood before them.

“What do you think?” she asked, standing before her children. There was a moment of silence before one of the children spoke.
“Green!” pointed Amiliah. “Mamma’s green!”

The endearing tone caused a content smile to cross Selena’s features as she tilted her head and smiled at Amiliah. “Yes, Ami.” She replied. “Yes, I am.”
“Witches aren’t supposed to be pretty.” David replied, not meaning to offend but clearly not old enough to understand the notion of discretion.

“Some can be.” Selena replied with a shrug. “Only bad witches are ugly.” She quoted while regarding the boy. True, with a dress that highlight her natural curves and no latex to make her “warty” or her nose “bulbous”, Selena wasn’t exactly the picture of “ugly” or “hideous” that would come from being ‘The Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz’. But then again, Selena had reasoned, she had tried to go more for Elpheba from the musical Wicked than the actual Wicked Witch from the movie.

“You look beautiful, mother.” Came the last voice, this from Elsianna, quite soft and calm.
“Thank you, dear.” Selena smiled before fetching the last item, the black witch’s hat that lay on the cushioned seat by the television. Gracefully, she placed it over and onto her head, careful not to disturb the braid. “Shall we be off?” she asked, earning an excited yelp and cheer from David, who was up and going the quickest, candy bag in hand. Elsianna, slowly, with Amiliah in her arms, carefully got off the bed to meet up with the others, little Ami holding a small plastic, pumpkin trick-or-treat bowl with a black handle at the top.

“Now, remember the rules.” Selena asked, her hand on the door handle.
The children’s voice, mostly Elsianna and David (though Amiliah tried her best with her younger age), repeated the list that Selena had practically drilled into them for the last week while this had been planned. “No running. No screaming or yelling. No crossing the street without mother. Don’t forget to say ‘thank you’ at each house. No going across people’s yards.”

Selena smiled at all of them, quietly laughing to herself at how adorable Amiliah practically mumbled her way through it. “Very good.” She replied before turning the door handle. “And no eating any candy till we get back.” She added with a quick glance back at them.

“Aw!” David whined as the family disappeared out of the room, making their way out of the hotel. First, they collected Gerda at the next room over before making their way to the car, where the five would drive to a small neighbourhood and begin a quiet route Selena had planned out last week of the smaller neighbourhoods in the area. And while Selena could not recall a time where she had gone trick-or-treating around 5:30pm, it wasn’t as awkward as she feared. The minutes ticked away as they travelled from house to house, sub-division to sub-division until the time had struck six-forty-five, and Selena found herself parked on the side of the road near the docks.

Sapphire eyes casting out of her window, she spotted the large and opulent cruise ship simply harbored there. She could see several people in various costumes making their towards it. She could, just barely, make out the dozens of people that were walking the deck that the boat contained. With it still having some light outside, the boat had, not yet, turned its own decorative lights on, the orange-red of the sunset illuminating it more than well enough.

In short, the ship looked like a party-boat… maybe that was why Selena felt her nerves unsettling inside her as she gazed at it. She certainly felt nervous, there was no way she could deny that. Was it because she knew that there would be at least one person there that hated her? Was it because these nights had always ended sourly for her? Or was she just nervous about showing her face to so many people after losing her match to Xander Valentine?

It wasn’t that she was ashamed of her match or her effort. Far from it. She had accepted the loss and moved on, even going so far as cracking Xander across the face the next time she saw him – the bastard thought he could just parade around during their first match in the Tag League – so much for ‘respect’. It hadn’t mattered to Selena in that moment if he had come down there to mess with her (‘try and finish the job’ as it were) or if he was targeting Regan or some combination of the two, maybe trying to cost them the tag title right out of the gate in their first match to try and ‘break them apart’.

It hadn’t mattered to Selena. Either way, she had simply done what came natural. Protect Regan, protect her team, etc. It hadn’t ended as well as she had wanted – but really, she wasn’t going to blame herself for Xander’s choice to come down to the ring.

Regardless, though Selena felt no shame or regret in her efforts at Under Attack and afterwards, the fact that she had been so manhandled by Xander both at the Pay-Per-View and almost again at Breakdown, had it not been for Konrad Raab, had been enough for others to start speaking. Talk about “The Snow Queen”, “The Face of SCW”… the best she could describe had been what her sister had related it to after that fateful weekend.

It was like watching Apollo Creed fight Ivan Drago.

Okay, that one had stung a little, and it was something Selena did not wish to face tonight while trapped on a boat with people who hated her there as well. Breathe. she told herself, taking in a quiet breath and exhaling it. Just stay near sister, Kelcey, and other friends and avoid the people that will give you a hard time. she added.

“Okay.” She finally said, turning her head to the back of the car to her children. Not to her surprise, Amiliah had fallen asleep in her little crib-seat in the middle. David was nodding in and out. The only people besides her that were awake were Gerda, who sat beside the Snow Queen in the front, driving the rented van, and Elsianna, who sat in the back to the left of Ami. Carefully, Selena undid her seatbelt and pulled herself out of the van, moving to open the side-door where David was. “I’m heading off now.” She reported, giving a loving hug and careful kiss to her son and the sleeping Ami. “Be good.” She told them. “I’ll be back in a few hours.” She stated. “Gerda is in charge.” She reminded them. “And she’ll call me if there’s any issues. Don’t eat all your candy and remember the rules.”

“Yes, mother.” David nodded, half-awake.

As she ruffled the boy’s white-blonde hair then closed the door on his side, making her way around the van, she was surprised to see her near eight-year old standing there outside it, her hands twisting and playing with one another.

“Elsa?” she asked, somewhat surprised.
“Um…Mother…” she started, the nervousness/anxiety clearly apparent. “I was…I mean…”

Selena remained silent despite the noises coming from the cruise and people that were walking past her to get to it. Still, her daughter seemed to require a minute before taking a deep breath. “I want to – I mean – Can I please go with you?”

Selena’s eyes widened in surprise. “Go with me?” she asked, rather certain she knew the answer but part of her hoping she was wrong. However, when her oldest daughter nodded her head, turned slightly towards the sea-faring structure and pointed a shy finger towards it, such hopes were dashed from the young woman’s mind.

“Ah…” she exhaled, looking away for a moment, Selena was certain she would be crushed by the massive guilt she was suddenly feeling with her answer. “I’m afraid you can’t, Elsianna.” She sighed.

The look of disappointment, particularly in her daughter’s eyes was heart-breaking to the platinum-blonde. Almost enough to make her reconsider her decision. Still, she sparred a glance towards the ship, she swore, for a second, that she spotted, not Sienna or Bree, who had every and all reason to be there, but Xander Valentine.

The man that had attacked her tour bus and endangered her wife.
The man that had stalked onto her property – her home – to mess with her.
The man that had hurt innocent men, women, and children in the audience out of rage for her.

Children like my Elsianna… she quickly shook her head, trying to cast the thoughts out of her mind. It was highly unlikely that Xander would be so social as to show up here! Still, the mere chance that he could – paired with the knowledge that Sienna, and probably, Bree, would certainly be there, was enough for Selena to stand by her choice.

“I’m sorry, Elsa.” She whispered. Elsa merely nodded.
“I…” she tried, biting her lower lip. “I’m old enough.” She tried. “And I’ve never asked for anything.”

It was true. Since her “accident” at the hands of Aaron Stanton (the reason she wore gloves in the first place), her ‘snow child’ had become a little closed off. Yes, she was recovering, but, much like her Deanna, Elsianna still had so much recovery to do to come out of her shell from such a traumatic experience. This was the first time in, quite a long time, that she had truly asked for anything for herself.

And I have to deny her… Selena hated. Simply because…

“It’s too dangerous, Elsa.” She replied gently, reaching out with her hands to wrap around her daughter’s small frame. “If it were safe for you – I would let you come with me. In a heartbeat.”

She heard her daughter sniffle a little in disappointment.  “But sweetheart…” she tried to think. “Do you understand why I don’t bring you to work with me anymore? Or why I don’t do my filming with you and the others anymore?”

Elsianna shook her head.

“Because there are people – real…” she couldn’t put it any other way. “Real monsters that I’ve had to deal with. Real monsters that will hurt kids like you and your brother and your little sister.”

Elsianna’s eyes widened at that, Selena, once again, hating herself beyond measure for putting the fear she saw in those eyes in her daughter. “I don’t want to scare you, sweetheart.” She tried to reassure. “I don’t. But I can’t be too careful when it comes to your safety and that of Ami and David.” She added, “that’s what a mother does.”

For a moment, Elsianna turned her head back, a forlorn gaze at the boat as it sat in the waters. Selena could almost see her daughter envisioning it in her head – so much like the many stories Elsianna had read about ballrooms and masquerades like Cinderella. With a sigh, she removed her half-mask, turning back to her bother with a nod. “Yes, mother.” She finally replied.

“Elsa…” Selena’s voice trailed off, a hand reaching up to gently caress her daughter’s cheek. “I know it doesn’t seem like it now, or it seems so far away, but when you’re old enough, I promise you will have the chance to go to parties and dances and so many things.”

“As beautiful as that?” Elsianna asked, tilting her head back towards the boat.
“Far more beautiful.” Selena smiled. “Parties in the castle. We’ll hold more parties at our house too…”

Elsianna’s eyes seemed to alight briefly at the thought of such enchanted things. “You promise?” she asked, uncertainty in her voice.
The ‘wicked witch’ offered the young girl a smile. “I promise, little one.” Using one finger, she tapped the tip of her daughter’s nose. “Boop.”

Giving a small smile and a quick couple of nods with her head, Elsianna returned to the inside of the van as Gerda leaned out of the driver’s seat window, handing Selena the hotel-room key and Selena handing her hers, effectively swapping hotel rooms so Selena coming back wouldn’t awaken the children.

“Call me if there’s any problems.” Selena whispered.
“Aye, don’t worry, darling.” The old woman smiled kindly to her. “Two of them are practically out like lights anyway.”
“I’ll carry them.” Elsianna offered.
“Thank you dear.” Gerda smiled before turning her attention back to Selena. “Go! Have fun.”
“I doubt that.” Selena whispered, though she smiled in good nature. “I’m like a black cat at these things.”

The older woman simply rolled her eyes as she shooed the Snow Queen away. The platinum blonde took a few steps back but did not move beyond that until she saw the van pull out of the parking space, turned a corner down the road and was out of sight.

With a deep sigh, and an adjustment of her hat, Selena slowly began making her way across the path towards the boat. She was NOT looking forward to being trapped on a ship with some people who hated her beyond reason, but at least she would have her sister and a few friends there.

Better than nothing… she decided. Way better than nothing…

Hours later…

Slosh…slosh…slosh…

The sound her costume made with each movement rang in her ears as she walked down the hall. Her face felt sticky, as did her hands and several other parts of her body. Her hair was long gone, lost somewhere, she wasn’t sure. Probably still on the boat… she thought with a hint of irritation.

There was no saving this costume. She knew that. It was stained for sure and even if it was black, any kind of deep cleaning would probably just ruin it. She would probably just end up throwing it out in the morning. Why did I expect anything less? she wondered as she reached the door to the hotel room. Or, rather, Gerda hotel room, as the two had switched room keys before Selena had boarded the cruise ship. Carefully reaching into the stick and, in some places now, rigid folds of her costume dress, Selena managed to carefully pull out the room card, using it to unlock the door. Immediately, she rushed into the room and, before the door had even fully closed and locked on its own, she had moved into the bathroom, wanting to avoid staining the room’s carpeted floors with her potentially still dripping costumes shoes.

Based on the amount they used… she thought glumly. Did they have to use BOTH bowls of punch?

Turning on the light to the bathroom, which was identical to the one she and the children had in their room, Selena’s eyes caught her reflection in the mirror.

And she almost laughed and cried at the same time.

She was a mess. Her hair, still somewhat in its braid, but there were hairs, full strands, loose and some plastered to her cheeks. There were tints of red and orange at various parts along the braid and scalp. She could still feel some moisture in her shoulders and along her back, like she had jumped into a big puddle or something. And as for her face? She choked back a half-laugh/half-sob at the sight. She had opted for water-soluble makeup, not wanting to have to fight with green skin for days and days, even with tubes of makeup remover.

But now? Her face was a mixture of green and pale skin. The makeup over her eyes had turned to streaks running down her cheeks, standing out like something from the Crow or something. She could spy a few more tinges of red and orange from the punch bowls that had dried along her skin.

With a sad sigh, almost in acceptance, Selena removed her phone, placing it on the sink counter with her room key before she carefully shrugged out of the costume, letting it just pool at her feet along with her underwear. She could feel the stickiness of the punch against her pale back and she rolled her shoulders and twisted her spine a little to try and shake it off before stepping into the shower. Without hesitating, she turned the water to its coldest setting, undoing her braid as the cold water hit her chest. Stepping forward and tossing the hair bands out of the shower, not caring where they went, the young wrestler held her head under the water and just watched the colors drip off her.

Green, the most primary. The color of envy. Was that what Xander felt? Was that what Bree and Sienna felt towards her? One she was sure of, but the latter? It was hard to believe considering Bree was the World Champion, albeit the Interim World Champion, and Sienna had not given much of a thought or damn towards Selena in over a year. Or was Selena the jealous one? Jealous that she was the target of so much hate? Jealous that she wasn’t as strong physically as Xander where she could simply overpower her opponents, not by strength of will or outlasting them, but just overpowering them in moments.

She gave her head a shake as she continued to watch the colors swirl around the drain. Her eyes spotted a tinge of red, only for a moment though. Still, it was like a sliver of blood along the dark green.

Blood. It made her think – made her wonder how much more she needed to give to this company, to this world, before things just… just…

She wasn’t sure what she wanted things to do. Stop? Go to normal? Have some semblance of goodness or kindness? She wasn’t sure. She thought of her daughter, her Elsianna, and how, because of the cruelty of some within SCW, she couldn’t take her child to party that could have helped her heal from her traumatic experience. She couldn’t risk someone like Bree or Sienna hurting her daughter just to get at her.

Or maybe this is karma. For what you did to Queenie – for going too- Selena stopped that thought angrily, slamming a hand against the porcelain of the shower wall. No, this was not something like that! Karma was what she did to Queenie! Karma was paying back that bitch for what she did to Deanna! I did the right thing! her mind roared as she slammed her eyes shut, shaking her head and turning it upward to let the water rush down upon the skin of her face, helping to further wash the punch and makeup off. Her bathtub, she laughed a little at this, looked like a leprechaun had been murdered in the tub and dissolved in the same tub. Fortunately, most of it was washing off the sides of the tub and going into the drain when she adjusted the nozzle head to clean it.

She stayed in that tub for, she was sure, at least an hour, pulling the curtain back every so often to check how well the ‘removal’ was going. After several tries, long after the punch was off her body, she was satisfied that the makeup was off her skin. What followed then was a strong washing of lather, rinse and repeat at nauseum – Selena counted that she washed her hair at least three times with the shampoo, letting it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it and lathering it again. This was followed with the body wash and soap – taking a few similar rounds with both items.

Taking a deep breath after the last wash, Selena turned the cold water off and exited the shower, drying herself off with the thick towels the hotel service offered and blow-drying her hair. Checking over herself in the mirror, she looked, at least, back to normal. It was a relief but also a little sad as she spied the scars on her sides by both sets of ribs and a few along her upper-middle back. Those, combined with the slight hairline scar on her left eyebrow, parting gifts from her wars with Regan, Xander, and a few others. Without thinking, the young woman ran a hand down the series of scars that lined the left side of her ribs, her thumb trailing over the longest and thickest of intersections, where she felt the slight bump and feel of the scar-tissue.

“How much more?” she whispered to no one, not really knowing the answer or even the full question she was asking. With a turn, she exited the bathroom with her cellphone, turning on the main room light and walking into the room. Unlike her room with the children, this room only had one queen-sized bed, which was more than enough for her. She had left her bag in that room, knowing she would be switching with Gerda. Unzipping it, she unpacked a pair of sleep-panties and pulled out her long, silk kimono, wrapping it around her last before settling on the bed, sitting against headrest, her back supported by all the pillows she had found on the bed.

Quickly doing the math in her head for hours in time, she dialed the number she knew off by heart, made the request when the call was picked up and waited. It was a good few minutes of waiting, as was usual, until the line was picked up again.

“Hello?” came the voice that instantly relaxed and calmed her.
“Hey, pet.” She whispered. “Happy Halloween.”

There was a slight laugh on the other side of the line. “I’m a bit ahead.” Deanna replied. “It’s November now. We’ve got snow!”
“What? Already?!” the excitement in Selena’s voice could not be hidden. Anyone who knew even the barest information about her knew how much she loved Winter, Yuletide, the whole season.

“Yep.” She could hear Deanna’s smile when the redhead spoke. “I think you should expect in your neck of the woods soon.
“Maybe not.” Selena laughed. “I’m still in California. Probably by the time I get back down to Germany, it’ll be gone.”
“Maybe.” Deanna replied off-handedly. “But at least you know it’s on its way!”

For some reason, this was strangely comforting to the Snow Queen. To know that winter, her season, was on its way. That, despite the crap year that the world agreed was 2020, winter was still coming without delay.

“How was the party?” she heard Deanna asked and could hear the redhead’s movement, probably the younger Frost getting comfortable in her chair in the prison.
“I got punch-dunked.” Selena sighed.

The next thing Selena heard made her laugh so heard, she snorted. “Again?” asked Deanna. The laughing/snorting fit lasted for one a few seconds, and surprised Selena as much as it did Deanna.

“Wow.” Selena sighed, calming down a bit. “I guess I do have a tradition for these kind of things, don’t I?”

Deanna didn’t answer right away, instead taking a moment before asking. “Are you okay?”
“Yeah.” Sighed Selena. “To be honest, that wasn’t the worst part.”
“There’s a worst part?” Deanna asked in surprise.
“I had to tell our daughter that she couldn’t go with me.”
“She asked to go?”
Selena nodded her head absent-mindedly. “Yeah. I hated telling her she couldn’t.”

Once more, another pause came from the redhead before a reply filled Selena’s ear. “I think that was for the best.”
“I know that and you know that.” Selena sighed. “Doesn’t mean I feel any better about it.”
“Because it is unfair.” Deanna reasoned.

“So much of this is unfair.” Selena added – the meaning crystal clear to both of them and rendering them speechless for a few minutes.

“The hand we’re played, right?” Deanna whispered at last.
“Yeah.” Selena agreed as she adjusted herself on the pillows.

The two continued talking until Deanna’s ‘hour of allowed visitor calls’ was up. They wished each other well and exchanged words of love to one another before Deanna hung up, leaving Selena alone with her thoughts once more. Still, as the Snow Queen turned off the light and settled down for the few hours she had left to sleep, she found herself less and less angry over what happened on the ship and more and more troubled by the realizations she and Deanna had come across.

The hand we’re dealt… she thought as she lay in bed. How I wish I could get another hand… she whispered to herself before succumbing to sleep.

The Royal Letter

The camera fades in to Selena Frost, sitting on top of rooftop overlooking the Sydney Opera House several yards away along Bennelong point. She sits against a ventilation shaft extension, wearing a black, long-sleeve t-shirt with snowflakes that decorate the left shoulder, arm and collar of the shirt, blue jeans and black shoes. Her hair is tied in its braid and she seems almost relaxed in her posture amidst the sunshine, a pair of blue aviator sunglasses cover her eyes.

That which does not kill you makes you stronger, eh Xander? Selena asks, removing her sunglasses with a simple movement of her hand, revealing sapphire eyes that stare into the camera.

I find it quite lovely, actually. she smiles. The more you speak, the more excuses you make. The more we can see the bullshit you’re so devoted to spewing. she tilts her head. Let’s go back to one of our favourite topics, Xander. Something you ‘claim’ to have for Regan and I. Respect.

Tell me, Xander, where was that respect when you walked out in the middle of our match? And don’t feed me some crap that you were just ‘scouting the lay of the land’ or whatever. Everyone knew why you were there. To mess with Regan and I. To try and make things worse for us. You couldn’t wait till after our match to make your presence? Couldn’t do so before the match? No. Unlike, Regan and I care about how we do in our matches. We want to win, not from handouts and disqualifications, but because we are the best tag-team in SCW today. We want to prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And that burns you up inside. That we still haven’t done as you ‘predicted’. That Regan hasn’t ‘turned to the dark side’ and I haven’t ‘shown my true colors’ or whatever your peddling. It burns you up with jealousy that we stand in defiance of your will, as we always have. And you know, deep down, just as I did against you a year ago, you can win a battle, but Regan and I will win the war!

The wind blows a little, the sound picked up a bit by the camera.

Again, you had a shot, you fired, and you didn’t kill me. Oh, you were going to? Going to reduce me to ‘a shit stain’, is that right? Selena shakes her head. Yes, just like you were going to ‘kill me’ and ‘put me on the shelf’ and ‘take me out of the tag league’ at Under Attack, right?

You know something, Xander? I’m getting a little sick of you giving SCW crap and telling us its gold. Of you telling us how you’ll do all these ‘dangerous’ things that equate to nothing more than a beating.

News flash, ‘Executioner’, I’ve survived worse beating! You want to know the truth? Regan’s beaten me up worse that what you gave me at Under Attack. She literally tore a strip out of my side! And you think you ‘got me’ at Under Attack?

No, Xander. Like I said before. You beat me. You took a title from me. One I intend to get back someday soon. But other than that? You just made me want to win the Tag League with Regan all the more.

A smile comes across Selena’s face.

And, personally, I’m going to enjoy the reality that, for all your promises to ‘show us’ and ‘expose us’, with more of your poetic ‘promises’ that lead to nothing, you’re going to be in Berlin, getting beat down from pillar to post by Konrad Raab and then, following that, you’re going to have to sit in your hotel and watch as Regan and I continue our run in the Tag-League, with you powerless to stop it.

You hear that, Xander? ‘Powerless’. I suggest you get use to that word when it comes to dealing with Regan and I because you’re going to feeling it more and more as we go along. In fact, I’ll prove how powerless you are to Regan and I for tonight’s Breakdown…that I’m just going to move past you, not even give you another thought.

With a smile and a turn of her head, the shot changes to recenter on Selena’s point of focus. So… match number two. she exclaims. I have to admit that last week, I was on the fence on facing Konrad and Dylan. I didn’t have the best of history with Konrad, though he more than showed his heroism by coming to my aid when he didn’t need to. Thank you for that, Konrad. And Dylan? Well… I think Regan had more a reason to focus on him than I did. So…

But tonight? Oh! I am looking forward to it. One person I have a long history with. And the other? Well, let’s just say I owe him…

But let me start with the past. Katie Steward. Back once more. I’d say it’s good to see you again, but we both know I’d be lying. See, you and me, Katie? We’ve never gotten along. Every time we fight, you brag about being Queen of Queens and above me, brag about how you outshine me, brag about your superiority, and then I beat you up so bad one of two things happen:

One, you get your buddies or someone to gang up on me and disqualify yourself.
Or two: I just flat-out beat you and move on.

But here’s my problem with dealing with. It could just as easily be one or the other. And that’s what has me a bit one edge tonight. Because, while I know Regan and I can beat either you or Gavin, a disqualification win is not something we want. That happened last week and it proved nothing for us.

We are not here to coast to the finals on disqualifications or countouts or whatever! We are here to win our matches by outwrestling and outlasting each and every team.
Selena swishes her braid back a little.

That’s where Regan and I surpass you, Katie. Because, unlike you, we didn’t take time off when things ‘got tough’. We didn’t just slap on ‘a new gimmick’ for a cheap sell. We stayed. We braved the battles, took the losses, and kept fighting. That’s something, in all the years I’ve fought and beaten you, that you haven’t understood. The will to keep fighting. The will to keep going no matter how much it hurts. To literally fight until your last breath.

But the thing is, Katie, as little as you understand that and understand the notion of earing your victories, your partner is an even worse example.
Selena’s eyes narrow and a smile crosses her lips.

Oh Gavin…Gavin…Gavin. I have to admit, when I saw your name on the line for one of the teams in Frozen Hell’s bracket? I was a little thrilled and excited. Yes, you’re the ‘All-Star’. You’re the man that holds thousands of titles or something like that in your collection. But none of that was why I was excited to face you.

No, I was excited to face you because of  that little cheap shot you gave me a few weeks ago against Glory Braddock.

The Snow Queen tilts her head. You remember that, don’t you, Gavin? I was fighting Glory Braddock, your future opponent? The Adrenaline champion? We were going back and forth in quite the match and then you came running down, crept into the ring and nailed me in the head with the adrenaline title. Selena’s jaw tightens as she finishes recalling the memory.

Now, I have to admit, part me of thought that it was because it was because I beat you in the United States Championship tournament back on Canada day months ago, preventing you from winning a title in SCW. I mean, I could understand that, I suppose. But according to you, you cost me my match to further hype your own match.

And that… never sat well with me, Gavin.

Because if you did your job as a wrestler, as a self-promoter, as someone who stands by what he does and what he represents, you wouldn’t have needed me to boost your supposed ‘popularity’. I have mixed feelings towards Glory Braddock, that is no surprise to anyone, but she doesn’t need the accolade of ‘beating Selena Frost’ to make her matches exciting. She brings that just in her name.

However, if there’s one thing I learned from my sister, Regan, it’s that there’s much to be said when it comes to payback.

Because, Gavin, not only am I going to show you how to hype a match on your own merit, I’m also going to steal a page from your book and use you to do it. Unlike you, though, I’m not going to do it by interfering in something that doesn’t involve me. I’m not going to do it by beating you up backstage or blindsiding you from behind before our match.

No, sir! I am going to hype Frozen Hell’s second match at your expense by knocking you out with a blow to the head – like you did to me. I’m going to knock you out, Gavin, and use that to showcase the skills of Selena Frost and Regan Street as well as do what we were kept from doing last week:

Set the pace for the World Tag-Team Champions and this entire tournament!

Selena relaxes back against the exhaust vent, her gaze up at the sky for a moment before returning to her audience.

Make no mistake about it. Whether it’s your fake tiara, Katie, or your fake titles, Gavin, Frozen Hell knows what it faces. A couple of prima donnas. And it’s going to be a hell of a match and pleasure to knock you both off your pedestals… and tack on a third loss to your tag league score. As Frozen Hell continues on to its clean sweep!

Believe it!

The camera fades on the Snow Queen as she looks out over Sydney, Australia, the night ahead looking more and more promising.
The Views Expressed by “The Hellcat” Regan Street Are That of Her Own and Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

[Image: regan2020rp.png]

(Click Title)