Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Syren vs. Damian Angel (London)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Tuesday, November 10, 2020
“I hate this city.”

The scene rises up in the cold, London, England night. Damian Angel, The Devil Himself, sits alone in an alley, rain cascading down onto him as it often does in the UK, a lit cigarette in his hand. He sighs, lowering his head. 

“It was twelve and a half years ago that, in the parking lot of the O2 Arena, an errant hooligan attempted to take my life. Instead, the blade of his dagger pierced the stomach of my beloved Katherine, giving her injuries that would end her’s.”

He sniffles.

“She was innocent. Her only sin was following her heart… following me. On that night, everything changed. Katherine Blackmore was the one thing holding Damian Angel on the level. She was the only thing that was keeping me from losing all sense of myself and ripping the very fabric of Supreme Championship Wrestling apart! She was the only thing that I needed to keep by my side. I have been trying to replace her ever since… but there is no replacing someone who’s ingrained on your soul that much. For as much as Katherine’s sin was following me, I would have followed her to the ends of the Earth. I would have abandoned everything for her had she only asked.”

Shaking his head, Damian takes a drag of the cigarette. 

“Dammit, Katherine… why didn’t you ask?”

Flicking the cigarette away, Damian looks up to the camera. His eyes show a steely gaze as he stares into the lens with a snarl forming onto his face. 

“This is why you dragged me out here for this show, isn’t it Alex? You more than anyone know how deeply seeded the resentment I hold for this place is, because you… you always pay attention. You always keep your finger on the pulse of what is going on. You knew back then, even though you were rehabilitating your back after I drove my boots into it at Rise to Greatness the previous year… you knew how much losing Katherine affected me. You knew how much this shithole would affect me for the rest of my life, so now here we are, with you taking another opportunity to twist that knife that’s been driven into my side. But even you are unaware of how deep this knife is.”

Damian smirks.

“Do you remember how we started, Alex? I was so focused on bringing you down because of what you represented: a fifty-year-old man trying desperately to hold onto the spotlight while the youth… the youth were fighting each other to get a seat at your table. Well… I took exception and I called you out. For months I called you out until finally I did something extraordinary… something that would finally get me your attention: I won Taking Hold of the Flame. Ohhh… that did it, didn’t it Alex? You were suddenly salivating at the opportunity to keep yourself in the spotlight at my expense… we went to war. You wear the scars, as I do.”

Damian shakes his head, resting back against the wall. 

“But now, I’m sure you find yourself amused at the parallels between CHBK in 2007, and Damian Angel in 2020. I have become that which I sought to destroy back then. I have become the long in the tooth veteran seeking to regain former glory. I’d consider it pathetic if it weren’t me. But the difference between us, Alex, is I’ve tried to ride off into the sunset. I have tried… GOD how I have tried… to put this behind me. I have sought to allow others to do my work. I have tried to use my reputation of my Hall of Fame career to lift others up to a higher level. And yet, I keep finding myself dragged back. Just like I was dragged back to London, England, for your little dance to give Syren a little bit of playtime, I find myself dragged back to SCW because deep down…”

He sighs. 

“SCW is all I have left. I lost Katherine because of this company. I lost my daughter because of this company. This company has dug it’s fangs into my neck and is bleeding me dry to the point that I’m not convinced there is no intention of having me die in an SCW ring. And if that happens, I hope that my death in an SCW ring would be the one thing that can bring this company down for everything it’s taken from me. Alex, you are but a snapshot of this company. Syren, who you carry around as the face of the company… and maybe deservedly so… is a snapshot of the company. This company is draining me. This company will be the death of me. But I’m not dead yet. And until I draw my last breath, I am going to be a constant reminder of the sacrifice that many of us make…”

Damian glares again into the camera. His eyes could almost be mistaken for taking on a slight glow as the snarl returns to his face. 

“Syren… you are inconsequential to me. I don’t care about you. I don’t care about your road to any Championship you desire. You, like me, will learn that you are ultimately expendable… a warm body to trot out to a greater end. At Breakdown I am going to show you just how little regard I have for you. I am going to show you how little I care about keeping your safety. I’m going to show you how little I care about the investment SCW has put in you. And when it’s over, you should thank Alex for this. Because what happens to you… the blood that is spilled… it is on his head.”

Damian walks past the camera, heading back out into the streets before he utters once more…

“I really hate this fucking city…”

As the scene goes black. 
I actually planned to keep this one short, but then i got carried away. I really got into the horror movie idea, and Zoe seeing everything around her differently to Ravyn due to the way she was feeling. I hope that comes across in the RP.

Quick edit just to say that this RP makes reference to the events of Ravyn’s RP, and would make a lot more sense / would avoid spoilers for the other one if the reading order was Ravyn’s RP first.

Enjoy.

[Image: DoNotAdjust.gif]

The Syren Song: Verse 321
"The total way biggest bitch in the universe"