Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Owen Cruze & Aaron Blackbourne vs. The Wonderland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tag League Match

4 RP limit for Tag

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Alrighty, first one from me, story will follow on in my rp for the match with Ravyn

Enjoy folks and good luck Brett

OWEN #80
OOC: I think not being booked for a few shows certainly helped because I'm quite pleased with how this CD turned out. I partially feel like I might have hit a few snags with the shoot at times, but I'm happy enough with what I've got that I'm willing to roll with it. Kind of playing catch-up a bit with the CD story since it has been a few weeks since my last outing, but I think it gives me a good base to build from going forward. Guest character appears with permission. Best of luck Brett!
----------------------------------

I hope everyone has a great time tonight. Sorry this is last minute Kelcey, but as much as I love Halloween, I won't be able to make it. Some personal stuff's come up that needs my attention more.

That was the last thing Aaron wanted to tweet out today, but he knew, deep down, that it was a necessary sacrifice.

Halloween was always his favorite time of the year, if for no other reason than it being the one day on every calendar where he was guaranteed to be free to be… well, himself, unapologetically. It should go without saying that when you grow up with an imagination like the one he had, not everyone would always be able to understand it and some would downright consider him weird or even insane because of it. There were those out there who were freaked out by some of the stories he’d weave or the art he’d create, not because it was truly frightening or disturbing, but because it was unlike anything they had ever seen and they often didn’t know how to process it. But this one day was always the safe haven where none of that mattered because having the ability to portray whatever came to mind made him no different than anybody else who was willing to pour whatever time and effort they had available into having the scariest or flat out best-looking costume for whatever justifiable reason there was. Halloween was the foundation upon which Aaron’s creativity could truly shine and be both understood and accepted without issue, and he had many fond memories of even those who didn’t comprehend him giving out high praise for whatever he’d decked himself out in each and every year.

If Halloween didn’t exist at all, then maybe he never would have felt so comfortable sharing control with his creations in the ring as the situation called for it these days.

But this year, there were far more important matters at hand, and he was willing to let go of the holiday he loved with all his heart if it meant fixing something that shouldn’t even have been broken, to begin with.

It felt strange being back in his apartment in Seattle for the first time in… well, what felt like an eternity if he could be honest, but being able to try and relax in familiar territory while he had the opportunity was going to make navigating the road ahead significantly easier, or at least that was the hope. He was thankful that the previous Breakdown had brought the roster back to the west coast so he could have this moment, even if the show had left him with a lot of other issues to ponder. At least he could come home knowing that he and Owen had notched two more points for the Tag League, despite the unexpected challenge of the monstrous JaMarcus Avery being revealed as Jake Starr’s new partner.

It was one positive floating amidst the toxic sea he was starting to feel stranded in.

Needless to say, Gio and The Wonderland were making it more and more clear that they not only didn’t belong in a wrestling ring but very much needed to be locked away somewhere before they caused some serious harm. He could shrug off the comments Gio made at the start of the show because he was hardly the first person to go the route of trying to get under his skin by using his apparent lack of ‘success’ against him (which actually disappointed the creative soul considering who he was dealing with this time), but the lingering anger over the stunt of dismantling the Chamber at the end of Under Attack combined with the rigged stage incident that was clearly intended for when he and Owen made their entrance for the match that followed when it actually collapsed made his blood boil in a way that it hadn’t since he’d lost his brother and bore witness to the man behind it practically gloating about it and rubbing it in as though taking another human being’s life was an accomplishment.

They were an issue that would be dealt with solemn enough though… after all, while the Perfect Pack had the upcoming overseas tour off from Tag League action, the next time they would meet for it would pit them against Gio’s little puppets, and there was no doubt that both Aaron and Owen had November 18th circled on their calendars for that very reason.

That was an SCW matter that would be resolved soon enough, though. Right now, Aaron was simply focused on organizing a few movies and doing a bit of cooking so that he could still have an enjoyable Halloween night even if he wasn’t indulging in the holiday spirit the way he normally would. Even if he didn’t reveal the reason why, Kelcey was still understanding, as she had been in regards to the things Aaron didn’t feel comfortable sharing even when he knew he had a larger support system than he was used to. Some things were matters that only he could really attempt to resolve, and he hoped the effort was understood by the woman who was currently napping on the couch that desperately needed to catch up on all the sleep she’d lost, no thanks to the endeavors of someone who just needed to stay out of their lives and either bother someone else or just be thrown in prison already.

That said, he was still a little surprised when his phone started going off for an incoming call. He took a moment to remove the pumpkin pie he’d been baking for tonight from the stove before checking the caller ID and raising an eyebrow before answering.

“Hey Owen, what’s up?”

“Not much, just getting ready for Kelcey’s party. I was hoping to meet you there, but I saw your tweet. Everything alright? I hate to be nosey, but I know you well enough by now to know it’s not like you to skip out on something Halloween related.”

Aaron opened his mouth to respond but stopped himself when he realized exactly what he was going to say. He and Dr. Marsh-Asher had talked about this several times before, trying to avoid saying that everything’s alright when it clearly isn’t. For as much as he doesn’t want anyone to worry, he knew better by now. Owen especially had known him long enough by this point to pick up on when his best friend was very much not alright but didn’t feel too comfortable discussing it, at least not until he was ready. The fact that he was being patient with Aaron’s delay in responding was all the reassurance he needed to know that he wasn’t going to force anything just to get answers, which allowed him to take a deep breath and collect his thoughts.

“Not really, if I can be honest, man. I’ve had a lot on my mind lately… The Wonderland nonsense hasn’t been helping, but I thought it might be best if I kind of sat out partying tonight and just spent a quiet Halloween night with Liane.”

“No worries bro. I know sometimes things can get stressful at this party if stuff happens, which it somehow always tends to. That sounds like something you could do without tonight.”

“No kidding. I still hope you and everyone else has a blast though dude, and I’m sure you can tell me all about whatever goes down either in or on the flight to Sydney.”

“You bet I’ll keep you in the loop. Have a good night man, and give Liane my regards as well.”

“You too, and be safe bro.”

As Aaron was bidding Owen a good night to wrap up the call, a thought crossed his mind. He figured it was probably a longshot, considering how much hot water the woman was in already as it was, but considering Kelcey’s party was happening well outside of SCW’s normal jurisdiction, he supposed it wouldn’t hurt to play it safe.

“Hey, before I let you go, can you do me a favor?”

“What’s up?”

“I apologize if I’m going to sound vague about this, and I promise I’ll explain everything when I’m ready. But… maybe pass along to Kelcey and everyone else if you can that if a woman happens to slip into the party trying to ask a lot of questions about me, make sure she’s ignored and maybe even thrown out if possible?”

It was a weird request, Aaron couldn’t deny that, and especially without any context, but he wasn’t about to run the risk of ‘Doctor’ Nancy Black catching wind of this party involving SCW talent outside of their ability to really do anything about it and taking advantage even if he wasn’t there. It seemed like the golden ticket she’d been waiting for since she lost her grip on Liane’s parents, and at this point, the hope was that if she was starved of information for long enough on top of already being wanted in several states for blatant manipulation of medical and legal processes to suit her needs, she would either give up or try to put herself in the limelight with what little she actually had and end up going down in flames as a result of her own hubris.

“Weird request, but I’ll be sure to pass it along. I don’t doubt for a second that Jaxson will gladly be looking for any excuse to literally throw someone off a cruise ship for trying to crash the party. As for whatever’s got you warning me about this, I hope you stay safe bro.”

“You too man, especially on this night of ghouls and ghosts and the like.”

The two share a laugh over the poor attempt at Halloween humor before the call ends, and the creative soul can’t help but feel like at least some weight has been lifted off his shoulders afterward. He hadn’t been expecting the call, but he was grateful that Owen was caring enough to check in anyway to be on the safe side. At least this way, regardless of whether or not he was present, it was yet another avenue closed off in Nancy’s quest to try and effectively destroy the lives of himself and his future wife all for the sake of her own notoriety.

Aaron couldn’t help but look over towards the couch where Liane continued to nap, still unaware of Aaron’s decision to stay put for the night. He recalled how he’d brought the possibility of attending Kelcey’s party together up again once they’d finally come back to the apartment, but Liane was still hesitant about the idea of being around other people at the moment. Considering how much of a natural people person she was, the mere idea of her hesitating broke his heart, but he completely understood. She’d still been apprehensive about talking with him about what actually happened while she was committed, but if it was anything remotely close to what Andrew had gone through in the few days he was in the same boat back when he was still alive, then it was completely understandable why he was fighting the urge to simply head out to that asylum and try to burn the place to the ground without a second thought for what it had done. The fact that he was a hundred percent sure he was actually going to try and knock Nancy’s teeth down her throat if he saw her again was already concerning enough.

As he finished the last of the Halloween dinner he was preparing, he heard Liane begin to stir on the couch, mentally steeling himself for whatever came next. There shouldn’t even be an issue of how to proceed forward when it came to these two, and yet it was hard not to walk on eggshells when he knew that the sunny and cheerful comedian he’d fallen in love with was still struggling to pull herself from the wreckage of what she was right now. He already had a feeling of where their conversation was going to go tonight, but just because he was as prepared as possible for it didn’t make it any easier to accept that it needed to even go in that direction in the first place. With a deep breath to fortify his nerves, he began bringing the plates with their dinner on it to the couch as Liane sat up and stretched her weary limbs before her eyes widened at the realization that he was still here.

“I hope you slept well, honey. I made us some dinner… couldn’t resist giving it a bit of a Halloween flare if that’s alright.”

“What… what time is it?”

“Right now? A little before six. Maybe a bit early for dinner to some people, but I figured you’d be starving after resting for most of the day.”

“But what about Kelcey’s party? Aaron, I told you…”

Liane trailed off when a sigh escaped from her fiancé’s lips as he sat down beside her, giving her a look that, while caring, also made it clear that he really wanted her to listen to every word he had to say.

“I know, you told me I don’t have to sacrifice because of you. I’m choosing to do so anyway Liane… as much as I love Halloween, I’ve done enough costumes and ‘alter egos’ over the years that skipping out on one year isn’t going to be the end of the world. I already let Kelcey know I wouldn’t be coming and she and everyone else understand that I’ve got something more important to worry about. I’ll be honest Liane… it just wouldn’t be the same without you, and I would never forgive myself if I went to go have fun at a party that will probably still happen next year too while you’re sitting here suffering because of everything that happened. I already feel guilty enough about having to do this overseas tour even if, as far as I’m aware, I’m not actually competing this time around.”

If he were to be honest, Aaron would’ve loved being able to get out of the tour if he could. He didn’t want to let those fans down and the idea of not being able to keep an eye out in case The Wonderland tried anything else was certainly something he didn’t want to live with, but last he’d heard he wasn’t even booked to compete at all during the entire trip, and the idea of not being able to go exploring with Liane certainly made the prospect of putting up with a tour he wasn’t even actively competing on less appealing. He completely understood why Dr. Marsh-Asher heavily advised against her taking a trip beyond the borders of the U.S. right now in her state of mind, but it didn’t make stomaching the thought any easier.

“Aaron…”

Liane was definitely stunned by the fact that he was foregoing his favorite holiday all for her, and for as much as she wanted to feel bad that he was doing this because of her, she couldn’t help but fight back a few tears over the fact that he cared enough to make that sacrifice. Sure, maybe it didn’t mean much to some people, but she knew how special this holiday was to him and he still made the conscious decision to let it go this year to prove to her fractured mind that he did love and care for her no matter what happened and he wasn’t going to give up that easily. Even if she was still having doubts, they began to fade as Aaron gently took her hands in his and looked her right in the eyes.

“I know I’ve said this a lot in the time we’ve known each other, but I feel that it’s important I say it again now: you mean everything to me Liane. You brought a light to my life that I never even knew I was missing before, and ever since you came into my world I’ve found myself smiling more than I ever used to. You filled a crucial void in my existence, and I know it hasn’t always been easy since apparently everyone in the Perfect Pack seems to attract some kind of trouble both in and out of the ring for whatever reason, but I can say with absolute certainty that if there’s anything I know I cannot live my life without, it’s you.”

Aaron leans down and punctuates his statement with a soft kiss on her knuckles, hoping to channel the sheer determination he has to stick with her even if she’s not entirely who she used to be just yet through her body and into her mind so she knows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that whatever Nancy and whoever she convinced to help her tried to ingrain into her brain about what they had, they were wrong. He truly didn’t care how long it took or what he needed to do, because he truly would go that extra mile to overcome this and get back the Liane he knew and loved.

Liane was truly speechless after this, unable to keep the tears from rolling down her cheeks, which he gently wiped away. The longer she stared at his soft smile and the compassionate and understanding gaze in his green eyes, the clearer her mind seemed to get for the first time in months. She still heard the lingering voices that told her to walk away now while she still could, decrying Aaron as a monster who was only going to cause her more harm than good in her life because of his own problems, but at this moment, she could recognize the rare instance where his willingness to put someone else before himself was truly worth the effort.

Shaking off the lingering negative thoughts, Liane willed herself forward to capture Aaron’s lips in a kiss that made it clear just how grateful she was to have someone like him in her life and how much she, like him, just wanted things to return to whatever was the closest thing to ‘normal’ that the two of them had, without being plagued by ghosts of their past or someone trying to either break them apart or just break them in general for whatever reason. The evening that followed of enjoying some good food and binging some more light-hearted Halloween films may not have been the excessively creative hallmark that they tended to display, but as far as Aaron was concerned? He wouldn’t have tackled this evening any other way.

After all, sometimes the best thing to do when faced with a difficult challenge was to take a step back and find a simple solution instead. There was no need to resolve everything all at once, just take things one step at a time and handle the obstacles as they come.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By design, human beings are meant to be different. From this fact alone, it is an inevitable conclusion that human beings will obsess over these differences to the point of being willing to fight for whatever they believe is right. All throughout history, we’ve seen fistfights break out between two people on the street over something petty, we’ve seen entire countries become divided over differences of opinions and beliefs, nations have gone to war for just about every reason in the book. As strange as this sounds, it’s become ingrained in the very nature of humans to fight for whatever they believe in, regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

Why is this relevant, you may ask? Well, to answer that, I pose this question to The Wonderland: did you truly believe that people were simply going to listen and accept whatever Giovanni Aries has to say each and every week?

As time has dragged on and Gio and friends have continued this parade of trying to ‘enlighten’ the SCW roster and fans of what is wrong with this world and how it can be changed, it seems like this simple concept never actually clicked in their brains when it came to trying to figure out exactly why they’re encountering resistance. I don’t know if it’s because they believe themselves to be something ‘above human’ or have convinced themselves that they truly are the only humans in an ocean of lizards and lies, but week after week they continue to escalate a nonexistent war and are surprised when they find resistance to their tactics no matter how heinous or destructive they may be. I mean, surely if they’re willing to literally dismantle SCW and watch it collapse upon everyone within, we’ll all just back off and accept that they are in the right and the only way to save ourselves is to embrace their beliefs, right?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news guys, but that’s not how it works. And coming from someone with the kind of imagination to actually be able to envision the world you believe you’re fighting for? That should be one hell of a red flag you’re not paying attention to.

One would have thought that Gio would have gotten the message after Owen beat him, again, back at Rise to Greatness. And yet, here we are, months later, and nothing has changed. The Wonderland keeps trying to create chaos, and they keep finding resistance that ultimately drives them back and invalidates whatever mess they thought they could make. Going back after Kelcey and Mr. D has only put them right back in the crosshairs of a group they have yet to gain any ground against inside the ring or otherwise, tearing apart the Chamber and threatening the well-being of everyone still inside ultimately accomplished nothing, sabotaging the stage only gained them a few more enemies… believing in whatever cause you’re fighting for is one thing, but if you don’t have the results to back it up, how can you ever believe that you’re actually accomplishing anything that you’re aiming for?

To be clear, I’m not just talking about the fact that Cain and Alice done barely anything in regards to the Tag League, though make no mistake you two; Owen and I have had this particular date circled on our calendars for weeks now. No matter how much you try to assist Gio in whatever crazy scheme he cooks up next to try and get his point across, what has it ever gotten the two of you? I’ll even be nice and play by your terms, ignoring the existence of accolades and titles and everything that you all supposedly stand against because ‘materialistic possessions are the shackles of the Lizard Kingdom.’ Ever since you two came to SCW and began marching behind that madman, what have you actually gained out of it? What does mindlessly following a pied piper who barely even knows what tune he wants to share with the masses actually bring you? If you’re here to fight, then why are you just accepting that Gio has some ‘bigger plan’ that calls for you to not even do that when his scheme inevitably blows up in his face?

I would have figured that you two would have relished the idea of being part of the Tag League, not because of the actual opportunities at stake but, again keeping to the ‘Wonderland’ mindset, it seems like the perfect opportunity to fulfill your agenda by being able to deny everyone else the ability to get their hands on tag team gold by any means necessary. You’d finally get to be the soldiers in this grand war like you desired to be from the moment you set foot in SCW following Gio’s orders, destroying the very idea this tournament represents. And yet… to this point, you’ve only actually tried to fight for one match, and I’d wager that the only reason you actually battled the Golden Boys last week is because you actually got the chance to make the decision for yourselves for once while Gio was busy trying to get Sienna Swann on the same page as him long enough to pull that little stunt that got snuffed out at the end of the show.

We know you’re going to fight this week… after all, Gio would never let this opportunity slip through his fingers, especially not on a night where Owen has to pull double duty.

I wouldn’t start salivating just yet over the prospect that you have some kind of ultimate reward sitting in front of you right now just because the chance to sabotage Owen is too tantalizing to pass up. I’m sure Owen’s made it abundantly clear that he’s still going to give you his all to remind you of exactly why every time the Perfect Pack and the Wonderland have crossed paths in any capacity, the former has come out on top, but I’d be wary of buying into Gio’s belief that I’m not a threat just because you can’t see him indulging in his own hypocrisies. I’m more than prepared to work just as hard as Owen is, even with this being my only match on the night, to make sure that not only does he go into that match with Ravyn as healthy and ready to go as possible, but to also maybe drill it into your thick skulls one more time that this just isn’t working and The Wonderland might be better off leaving SCW if you guys have such a problem with it and what it stands for compared to the haze you prefer to keep your heads in.

If you ask me though… Cain, Alice, I think the two of you might have better luck doing whatever you actually came here to do if you stop listening to Gio and start thinking for yourselves.

When I look at Gio, I’m reminded of a cult leader, abusing every last ounce of charisma he has for whatever passion he’s trying to get others to buy into in an effort to sink his hooks into anyone desperate for a purpose. Usually, the ones who fall prey to people like him are those who aren’t in the right frame of mind and see this as their ticket to whatever they think they’re missing, which would explain why he’s so willing to work with Sienna when he once saw her as no different than everyone else he’s denounced and vilified because they represent everything that he views as an extension of the Lizard Kingdom. Even if Gio’s actually being used just because Sienna knows this is the perfect chance to try and get to Kelcey, he doesn’t care so long as he feels his goals, and his alone, are being met. That’s the thing about cults that no one ever realizes until it’s too late: only the leader ever has anything to gain by amassing an army of mindless drones whose sole purpose is to hang off his every word and regurgitate it to others in an effort to keep the cycle going.

Gio is going against his own rhetoric and investing his time into someone who, even if her current state of mind, still goes against everything that represents The Wonderland, and yet you two are still acting out his every order even when it’s painfully clear that neither one of you is actually getting anything out of this.

I think the real question that needs to be asked is simple: why? Why are you so willing to let him order you around when you mean nothing to him or the Wonderland at the end of the day? And if you do finally realize what your place truly is under him, then what are you going to do about it?

No matter what you decide, it doesn’t change the fact that Owen and I owe the two of you for the roles you’ve played in everything that you and Gio have done over the past several weeks to us and so many others. Even if Mr. D is right that simply terminating your contracts won’t keep you from trying to do whatever you think you can do, you need to be reminded that you don’t have a free pass to terrorize everyone just because most of us can see straight through what you’re trying to preach and won’t be bullied into simply accepting it as gospel. Maybe this time Owen and I will at least actually get to fight the two of you as opposed to watching you lay down and give us the win, but no amount of fight you put up is going to stop us from not only claiming two more points in the Tag League, but also sending a painfully clear message to the cult leader you’re so willing to blindly fall on your swords for:

The Perfect Pack will not die that easily, and so long as we can fight, we WILL derail anything you guys have planned.