Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Chris Cannon & Lucas Knight vs. Frozen Hell (Selena Frost and Regan Street)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Tag Team Championship

Tag League

4 RP limit for tag

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Saturday, December 5, 2020
OOC: Plays off Selena’s last roleplay. Enjoy and best of luck, Jon and Jon! Wink

The Dark Side of the Sun

”Drowning Voices”

Hilton Long Beach
Long Beach, California
October 31st, 2020
8:12pm

She had never gotten seasick on a boat. Not that she was a constant rider of such things. But she certainly had rode on airplanes enough times to know that motion sickness wasn’t really a frequent visitor where she was concerned. Yet, despite this, as the young, green-skinned woman stood on the deck of the large cruise ship, surrounded by the dozens and dozens of faces – some she recognized, some she didn’t, others she didn’t even try to guess as they wore masks – Selena could not deny the queasiness in her stomach.

She stood in the corner – if that was even possible on an open-ended, round ship filled. Casting her gaze downward, she saw the waters, dark black and blue, changing into foamy white a little as the propellers, only a few feet below the surface, spun and kicked the ship forward through the calm waters.

It was practically mesmerizing for her. Something about the way the waters transformed as this metal intruder thrashed against them – knowing that, in time, they would settle and return to as they once were.

So which am I? her mind wandered as she watched the waters below. Am I the intruder, thrashing through, trying to change what won’t stay changed? Or am I the waters, taking on the intruders and knowing, deep down, that if I keep fighting, things will change to what they should be?

And what is that exactly?

Each question assailed her with a different one in response. Was she referring to SCW? The war that had waged between her sister, Regan, herself, and Xander Valentine? Against the growing nightmare that was the Tag League? Yes, she and Regan had been doing alright, but that wasn’t the point of the matter!

Green hands tightened against the steel bars that wrapped around the perimeter of the deck. How many teams had already ‘given up’? How many teams had declared that they ‘quit’ after one or two losses? Of course, there had been some incredible surprises, like A/C Units being the dark horses of their bracket and tying Sienna Swann and Bree Lancaster and, of course, Cookie Dreams and Jordan Majors remaining undefeated thus far – though they had the challenge of their lives coming up in a few days against Dark Fantasy. But all of that couldn’t erase the sickening feeling Selena felt in the pit of her stomach.

In the beginning, Selena had felt nothing but pure joy and excitement over this tournament. She hadn’t participated in something like this since she had won the Shot of Adrenaline Tournament four or so years ago – a moment that, along with the Best of the Best Tournament win had been two highlights of her career. Now? She was going to do it again, but this time with her sister-in-arms, Regan, as the tag-team champions – their titles defended against every opponent they faced! 

But as the weeks had ticked by, that joy had faded into…was it disappointment? Or simply sadness? 

It had started with Matt Hodges refusing to continue taking part in his matches, forfeiting his “place” in the tournament. Then, people like Alistaire Allocco being taken out of the tournament and, sadly, replaced. And just three days ago – three days ago – Crystal Zdunich and Maria Salvatore had pulled out of the tag league too…

Now? Beyond the leaders like Dark Fantasy, Cookie and Majors, herself and Regan, and Bree and Sienna, she wasn’t even sure who was even in this tournament anymore – so many just ‘didn’t care’.

And that was it – she had never heard so many people say that over such an opportunity! People giving up or quitting or ‘not caring’ about the damn WORLD tag titles.

She heard the ping of metal before she felt the impact her hand had made slamming down into it as she slammed her eyes shut. How the hell could such a beautiful idea go so wrong? she quietly thought, feeling tears threaten to leave her. Losing the United States title had been hard enough on her, but this? The Tag League was supposed to elevate the tag-team titles and teams in SCW, highlight the numerous people that could make SCW proud in that division, including her and Regan. Now? Would winning even matter? Would it even be “a feat”? Or would it just be seen as a “default victory”.

Again, her hand slammed into the metal railing. Again! And again! Again and again and again and again and a-

“Hey!” came the voice as a pair of hands only slightly bigger than hers gracefully caught her flailing fist, replacing the dull pain from her strikes with a warmth that sunk right into the tiny bones in Selena’s hand and wrist.

“Trying to sink the ship?” the voice returned, causing Selena to turn her head at the woman standing beside her, a stark contrast to her own appearance. Where her skin was green, this woman’s was normal, with a light blush across her cheeks. Where Selena’s dress was pitch black with frills and a slim waist that pillowed out only a little at her feet, this woman’s was…well… poofy! White and blue ballroom gown and a skirt – no, it wasn’t a skirt! Selena was sure it was a tent and the woman was smuggling munchkins in there!

“Maybe.” She finally settled on an answer before lowering her arms slowly, though her new company didn’t release her hand. 

“Want to talk about it?” she offered with a tilt of her head. “Is it the cruise?”
“No…” Selena sighed, shaking her head. “Not yet, at least. Though ask me again in another hour and I’m sure I’ll change my mind.”

“Wow…can’t believe I’m the one that has to be one that’s saying ‘be positive’.” Regan laughed as she turned her back towards the rail. Before Selena could say anything, the poofy-dress wearing woman had hiked herself up, zero fear, onto the metal railing Selena had been striking. On instinct, green hands flew out to grasp the now seated woman.

“Are you crazy?!” she held on tight, feeling green fingers dig into toned bicep-muscles.
“Not today.” Regan shook her head before playfully wrapping her legs around her sister – not an easy feat with the large skirt. 

Selena stood like that, refusing to ease up her hold even a little, for what felt like several minutes. Her mind just refused to stop playing the concept of her beloved sister falling into the waters, having to be fished out, soaked dress and all, assuming she wasn’t hurt.

“I can swim, you know.” The Hellcat laughed as her hands rested over Selena’s arms and shoulders, but they sprung up when a strong gust of wind threatened to knock off Selena’s black-tipped hat, catching it before it moved too far. “Whoa, you almost lost your hat.”
“And you!” Selena huffed back, pulling Regan down and back onto her feet. “You’re supposed to be Glinda the Witch, not Humpty Dumpty!”

In response, Regan merely rolled her eyes, her hands smoothing out the long, billowing dress that was wrapped around her waist. “You gonna tell me why you were trying to prevent Kelcey from getting the deposit back on the cruise ship?”

With a sigh, Selena cast her gaze up to the skies. There were only a few clouds, thin wisps that stretched across the sky, the rest littered with too many stars to count. Reaching up, Selena pulled her witch’s hat off to hold it in her hands, revealing her snow-white hair, the only thing she had refused to change for her “Wicked Witch” costume. 

“Is it Xander?” Regan reasonably guessed. It had only been two weeks since the Executioner had defeated the Snow Queen and taken the United States Championship from her, not to mention him interfering in their first tag match in the tag league, almost locking Selena in that damned Fade to Black sleeper again. Thank Odin for Konrad. Selena thought. The man that had once sided – or been brainwashed, she wasn’t sure – with Giovanni Aries against her and Regan had certainly redeemed himself in Selena’s eyes, though she wasn’t sure if that meant much to the seasoned veteran that Konrad was.

“No.” she shook her head honestly. “He’ll get his.” She sighed. “Speaking from experience here.” She added. 

“Then what?” Regan asked. “Is it Deanna?”
“You’re never going to guess it, Regan. Because it’s so… I shouldn’t complain about it.” Selena sighed as she walked along the deck, her arms wrapped around her waist, hat in hand, and good witch Glinda following her. “I don’t have a reason to.”

Even with that truth dangling in her mind, Selena didn’t not resist, nor push back, Regan as the latter wrapped an arm around Selena’s. “Tell me, sister.” Regan whispered. “We’re supposed to have fun tonight.”

And she knew that much. She had said goodnight to her beautiful children and Gerda, then walked onto the boat with that very intention. To have fun. To forget her troubles in the real world. In SCW, in Frankfurt… but it seem possible now.

“It’s them.” Selena sighed, waving a hand towards the rest of the boat. Before the pair of witches’ eyes were dozens of people, all dressed in various costumes, and as the pair walked along the perimeter of the ship as it coasted through the waters, hearing the music, cheers, laughter, noise in general, and taking in the vast Halloween lights and sights, Selena’s eyes never wandered from the crowd, but took in every face. “They have so much energy to party and drink and fool around and…” she paused for a moment to lean against the nearby guardrail, feeling the metal press into her back. “But they can’t give a shit about something as new and exciting as the Tag League.”

“The Tag League?” unsurprisingly, Regan was confused that this, of all things, was what was bothering her tag partner and best friends, the Hellcat reaching up to scratch the back of her head. “How is that an issue?” she asked. “We’ve won our match.”

“Oh and how did that go?” Selena laughed. “Our first entry into the league – the league we’re champions of, Regan – and it’s not ‘Wow! Look at the tag champs standing tall! Defining the division!’. Oh no.” she laughed bitterly again. “It’s a disqualification victory because Xander decides to poke his nose in something that doesn’t involve him.”

“Well, you did hit him…” Regan countered.
“I…” Selena tried to fire back a snarky remark, but couldn’t. Unlike most other superstars, Xander Valentine, for all his abilities and dangerous mentality, was definitely leashed by whatever rules he had signed to in his more recent contract. Rules that Selena had played right into. 

“I let my anger get the better of me.” She admitted sadly, looking down at her hands, still holding her hat. “It hurt that people think he ‘dominated’ me. Or that I couldn’t stop him. And it hurt that he took the title and was not coming after you and waving it around in front of me….”

Fiercely she shook her head. “But it’s more than just us, Regan.” She tried to explain. “This whole league – everything about it… it’s just… I mean…”

“Just say it, Sel.” Regan prompted. “I won’t judge you-“
“It’s a joke, okay?!” she spat out in a quiet hiss, not wanting anyone but Regan to hear her. “The whole thing is a fucking joke!”

There was a silence between the two as the party waged on, the booming of music and singing the loudest sounds of the party along with the whoops and hollers of the increasingly intoxicated.

“Okay… I might judge you a little.” Regan replied. 
“I’m sorry.” Selena sighed, flapping her arms quickly just once before turning out, once again, towards the water. “It’s nothing to do with us.” She tried to assure her sister. “I love you and being champions with you is a dream to me. I never want it to end. I never want it to stop for us – for Frozen Hell. But this? This whole league?”

The words came out of here, maybe because it was easier with her sister there to speak her mind and heart together. “How hard did we work to get those titles, Regan? How many months? How many headaches and concussions and bruises and whatever?”

“Too many.” Regan replied automatically.
“Too many.” Selena agreed. “Now, we get the chance to prove that we’re amazing champions and what’s happening? Between people getting injured and taken out, to partners quitting to whole teams dropping out – there’s maybe six or seven teams that still give a damn to show up and prove their tag-team’s worth. Six or seven…. Out of SIXTEEN!”

Selena sighed, rubbing her head with her free hand, careful to not ruin the green makeup that covered her face and hands. “Remember when I was in the Shot of Adrenaline Tournament in 2016?”

Her sister, kind as she was, gave no spoken answer, not wanting to break whatever path Selena’s explanation was taking. Instead, she merely nodded her head.

“First match.” Selena continued. “I lost the title. Opening match, me, the champion, lose. From the top of the world to the bottom in one night. And because of the rule, no rematch was going to happen unless I, somehow, made it to the semi-finals…”

Her eyes took in the millions of lights that glittered along the shoreline, so similar to the stars in the sky she had spotted earlier. “But it motivated me more. It made me want to go further. Prove I belonged in that division. Proved that the Adrenaline division was worth watching every second.”

Slowly, she turned around, her eyes back on her sister. “Every team should have been like that, Regan. But instead, those that can’t win are threatening to ruin it for everyone, or they’ve quit. Or they’ve just not cared one way or the other.”

“And that’s what’s bothered you.” Regan concluded, earning a nod from the platinum-blonde.

“Bree Lancaster switched partners like it was nothing. Zero Fucks gave as many and played hot-potato with them with Infamous, and you know about Tommy and Kandis.” Regan nodded, prompting Selena to continue. “I thought… I thought this league could not only do so much for you and me, but get things back on where it was supposed to be. You know? Make people interested in watching tag wrestling again, like how the SOA tournament did years ago. Does that make any sense?”

“Yeah.” Regan slowly answered. “And now that you’ve brought it up, and made me realize it, it pisses me off too.”
“I’m sorry.” Selena sighed. “I know the whole Xander thing is important too. Believe me.”
“But this is too…” 

The Hellcat seemed to think for a moment, but before she could reply, her green eyes spotted something across the way. 

“What is it?” Selena asked, turning her sapphire-blue eyes to try and detect what Regan saw.
“Not sure.” Regan replied. “By the bar.”

Before the two’s eyes, the tag champions spotted something that stood out in the crowd. It was the only dress that made Selena and Regan question its very presence here on the Halloween party cruise. For it was a wedding dress, full fledged. Not some warped “Halloween gothic” number that was covered in blood. No, this was something someone could actually walk down the aisle to.

The only thing stranger than that was who was wearing it. The new world champion Bree Lancaster.

“Wow.” Selena half-whispered. “That’s a bold statement.”
“Uh huh.” Regan agreed. “Just not sure what that statement is.”

As the pair looked on, there seemed to be some kind of altercation between the new champion and her ex-husband Blake Mason, who had marched up to her and started talking to her. The two witches couldn’t pick up any words, but there was no denying the angry tension between the two, particularly with Blake Mason, who kept pointing to Bree’s costume, as if he had a bigger issue with it than anyone – though Selena couldn’t even begin to guess way. Of course, when Bree had barked “Sienna is NOT a lunatic!” to the man, Selena hadn’t been able to stop the scoff and the words that tumbled out of her mouth.

“Show me a doctor’s note saying that and then I’ll believe it.” She huffed, shaking her head before realizing the words she had spoken and, far more importantly, who was standing right beside her and heard her say them. Her hand flying to her mouth, Selena turned to see the sad, stiff expression of her sister. “I…I’m sorry.” She sincerely tried. “I shouldn’t have said that.”

“No.” Regan sighed sadly, very little anger in her voice. “You shouldn’t have.”

The Snow Queen could not have felt smaller in that moment, mentally cursing herself with every obscenity her mind could conjure up. She had done her best to avoid Sienna at all costs for this very reason, so she didn’t do or say something stupid or let the other member of the Beauty Factory – or the remains of it – get to her. Fortunately, Regan had told her that Sienna’s costume was ‘Black Cat from Spiderman’, though Selena wasn’t quite sure what that was, a quick google search on her phone had given her an idea of what to look out for. 

“Do you ever wish things were different?” the question came forth strongly, even though Selena was sure only she had heard it. “Like the way it use to be. In Platinum.”

For a moment, Selena gazed out into the crowd, surprising herself that she was actually looking for Sienna amidst the masses. When she failed at that, she focused more on the answer she needed to give.

“Not anymore.” Selena sighed. “I gave up on that a long time ago.”

“But what if it was possible?” Regan tried. “I still think she’s good and-“
“And I don’t.” Selena answered. “Regan. She didn’t try to break your leg with a crate and end your career. She didn’t try and have your moves banned from SCW. She never blamed you for us breaking up and-“

“I know.” Came Regan’s interjection. “But you forgave me. And I did so much worse to you.”

To press her point, the Hellcat reached up to gently place a hand over Selena’s ribs, where she knew were a series of lined scars – evidence of the Hellcat’s proficiency with the barbed-wire-cat-o-nine-tails. A green hand reached over to hold it in place.

“What you and I went through…” Selena tried to explain. “It made me realize how hating you was killing me and it was killing you. And deep down, I didn’t want to do that.”
“And you do for her?”
“No.” Selena shook her head. “But would you have done what she did to Kelcey?”

Despite herself, Regan could not give an answer, because doing so what hurt her case. Still, after a moment, she simply shook her head.

“She can say what she wants.” Selena sighed. “In my eyes, she tried to steal Kelcey’s life, including her own son. That…I can’t get past that. She won’t change.” She shook her head, leaving the two in silence, until her next declaration surprised her. “Though I wouldn’t wish her current circumstances on anyone.”

Returning her attention to the wedding-dress wearer that was Bree Lancaster, Selena was just in time to see her stroll off with her partner, Dom. “There goes the bride…” Selena sing-songed a little, which caused Regan to suddenly brighten up, as if struck with a great idea.

“Oh….” She laughed, regaining the Snow Queen/Wicked Witch’s attention.
“What?” Selena asked, but received no answer until Regan was pulling her by the arm into the throng of people, shuffling and shifting past the masses as they made their way closer to the stage where the music was coming from – the singing getting louder as they drew closer.

The stage itself? It looked like a low-budget version of ‘The Masked Singer’, because it was literally someone in a mask singing on stage – a bad rendition of Michael Jackson “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough”. It actually was distracting to Selena, who cringed as the singer tried badly to sing the notes falsetto like Jackson had done so famously. In fact, the woman was so distracted that she didn’t notice Regan had gone until the woman had plopped back beside her just as the song ended and someone else had taken the place of the bad Jackson-singer.

“Okay! We’re up in two.”
“Up? Two?” Selena asked, her eyes widening.
“Two more people after this guy. Three more songs.”
“Oh come on!” Selena groaned. “Why would you do this?!”
“Because we’re supposed to have fun and so far, it’s been depressing! Can’t we just… do something crazy?”
“Singing in front of everyone?”
“Well, technically it’s more you singing – you know, based on the song I picked.”

Sapphire eyes narrowed. “What song did you pick?”

Frustratingly to Selena, Regan merely smiled and simply waited until the number of singers had gone, the songs had been sung, and she and Selena were called up. Taking Selena’s hand, the Hellcat pulled her up onto the stage with her, ensuring both had a microphone in their hands before signaling to the DJ.

"How do you know I know this song?" Selena asked, her voice barely a whisper and hidden behind her hands as she leaned towards Regan.

“Oh trust me.” Regan laughed. “You know this song.”

And upon hearing the first few notes, Selena realized that her sister was right. How could she not know the lyrics to the song that had inspired the name of one of her most famous moves.

“Elphaba.” Regan barked at Selena, suddenly acting like the witch she was dressed as. “Why couldn't you have stayed calm for once? Instead of flying off the handle! I hope you're happy I hope you're happy now! I hope you're happy how you've hurt your cause forever!” she pointed a sharp finger at Selena. “I hope you think you're clever!”

Maybe it was because the next lyrics were also more talking than singing or it was harping at Regan, but Selena couldn’t stop herself from jumping in. “I hope you're happy! I hope you're happy, too! I hope you're proud how you would grovel in submission to feed your own ambition!”

“So though I can't imagine how.” They both sang loudly, a good portion of the crowd that had been audience for the others were watching them as well.  “I hope you're happy right now.”

“Elphie…” Regan spoke softly, eyes locked on Selena. “Listen to me, just say you're sorry! You can still be with the wizard what you've worked and waited for… You can have all you ever wanted.”

Despite herself, Selena blinked back the stinging tears that formed in her eyes as the song played around her, though her eyes kept on Regan. “I know…” she smiled sadly before shaking her head. “But I don't want it - No, I can't want it anymore…”

With a smile, Regan stepped back a little gesturing with a hand for Selena to step forward. From there, it was like diving off a board and Selena could help herself but take off. She wasn’t a Broadway singer, but how she loved this song – she named her move after it, after all – and as she kept going, singing every high note and low note to the best of her ability, she suddenly missed her children, who she would always sing for. She missed being so ‘unlimited’ as the lyrics would go. She missed defying worlds and views of others – when had that changed? When had she let other people’s decision of their own careers dictate to her how she should view the worlds she loved, the people she loved?

“And I just had a vision almost like a prophecy… I know it sounds truly crazy…” she cast a glance at Regan, though her vision was a little blurry from the tears that were forming in her eyes since she had taken off with the song. “And true, the vision’s hazy…” she kept going but when the time came for the part she loved most, no negative thought – no mourning for the Tag League, no hatred to Xander Valentine, nothing, in that moment, could stop her.

“To those who ground me take a message back from me! Tell them how I am defying gravity! I'm flying high, defying gravity! And soon, I'll match them in renown…” her eyes were locked on the crowd now, seeing the faces of so many people. Some she respected and some that she despised for being part of the problems that infested the Tag League – people that had tried to make such a beautiful thing for SCW into something lacklustre and unworthy of SCW’s name. “And nobody…” she coldly stated. “in all of Oz. No wizard that there is or was is ever gonna bring me down!”

Her voice rang as she felt the end of the song drawing closer and all she had came out. “Bring me down!” she held the note as she felt the ending growing closer and closer and-

She heard the sound of water falling fill her ears before she suddenly felt like she was being under drowned by it! She didn’t even have enough time to react before a second waterfall fell down on her, her senses of smell and taste shut down in the shock of it. For a moment, it was like someone hit the mute button on her, but slowly, her sense returned. She looked down at her feet, and the massive puddle of orange and red that pooled around her. Her hat had fallen off her head and was now on the floor in the midst of the massive puddle. Slowly she felt her eyes burn, and not from turns, for her nostrils did as well as she smelled the sweet scent of fruit punch, and the familiar smell of that old demon.

Oh no… her mind screamed and she quickly mist-spit what little was near her mouth away from her. Slowly, she pulled herself up to look up. The music had longed since stopped before the final note and had been replaced by Regan yelling at someone. Following her gaze, the first person Selena saw was Kelcey on the other side of the crowd. Her hands were clasped together and she looked like she was about to cry herself.  But further from her, holding one of the glass fruit punches – Selena recognized the costume.

The Black Cat.

“You said ‘bring me down’!” The masked woman laughed, holding up the bowl. “Anyone else hoping to see her melt?”

Some people, who had been snickering from such an antic/prank continued to do so. Regan, meanwhile, had returned to her sister’s side and taken her hand. “Let’s go.” She whispered, giving the hand a gentle pull.

Selena did not move. Instead, her eyes scanned the crowd taking in the myriad of their expressions before holding out a finger to Regan for ‘just a moment’ before bending down to pick up her drenched hat and bringing the microphone up to her lips, not caring if it worked on it.

“Oooooooooh!” she belted out the final note to her song acapella with all she had and finished by thrusting her hat and hand upward! The applause was louder and her eyes spotted Kelcey cheering loudly as well. 

But her main focus was the hand holding hers and she gave it a squeeze of gratitude before quickly leaving the stage. Regan lead the way as the DJ was overheard saying “Singing was going to take a break while they cleaned up the mess.”

The platinum-blonde let the Hellcat lead her along the deck and into the interior lobby, ducking down a short flight of stairs, awkwardly due to their dresses, but they managed, and into the large bathroom for women. Soon as Selena heard the door close, she was suddenly rushing towards the paper dispenser and pulling out handfuls of paper towels.

“Dammit.” She growled, pressing the paper to her face to soak up the punch that was still dripping on her face. She dabbed at it fiercely, trying to absorb the smell more than anything. “Dammit…dammit…dammit…”

She felt the craving in the pit of her stomach, like a knot that was festering into something else. Turning into need, wishing for just a taste. But she refused. She held onto that feeling she had singing on stage, standing there with her sister, she thought of Deanna and the last time she had kissed those sweet, soft lips. It all drove her to refuse to even taste it, and she kept spitting in the sink in front of her to ensure that.

“What’s wrong?” Regan asked. “Besides…I mean…”
Selena kept spitting and dabbing her face. “She used the spike punch.” She angrily spat.

Regan’s eyes opened at the implication of Selena’s statement. “Crap.” Was all she said before grabbing paper towels of her own to dry Selena’s hair as much as possible, though it was now a mesh of platinum-blonde, orange and red. “I can’t believe she did that.” The Hellcat growled.

This time, Selena did not say her words by mistake. “I can.” She stated coldly, lifting her head and turning her gaze towards Regan, her face a mixture of green, runny makeup, eyeliner, and her real, pale skin. But her eyes burned coldly. “She won’t change, Regan.” Selena stated firmly. “And there’s no line she won’t cross when it comes to me.”

Despite her desire to say more, Regan only sighed before continuing to help dry Selena as best as possible. The two remained in silence as they continued to work for several minutes. 

“I can feel some of it running down my back and into my underwear.” Sighed Selena, irritated.
“I’d say something about someone making your panties wet.” Regan replied as she continued to dab. “But that is beneath me.”

“Uh-huh.” Selena sighed. 
“So…. I was thinking.” The Hellcat surprised the Snow Queen as she spoke.
“I hope it’s a better idea than us singing on stage. That plan was all wet.” Selena stated dryly.
“No, I mean….about making the Tag League more fun.”

The brunette paused for a moment to throw the paper towels she used into the garbage before moving to wash her hands a little. “I mean, I can’t do anything about the others. I’m sorry.”
“Don’t apologize.” Selena tried. “You didn’t make their choices for them.”

“But…what if…” she bit her lower lip. This was a side that few people saw of Regan. The playful, almost nervous side. Much in the same way few people knew of Selena’s past demons and things that haunted her. It made Selena all the more grateful for where she stood in Regan’s life and vice versa.

“What if…” Regan continued, playing with her hands. “What if you and I had a wager?”
“A wager?” Selena asked, raised a sticky eyebrow. “We’re on the same team, sweetheart. I don’t think neither of us are going bet against each other.”

“That’s just it!” Regan smiled excitedly. “We’re not going to bet against ourselves. We’re going to be on ourselves.”
“Pretty sure that’s not how gambling works. One of us has to beat on the opposite.”
“Nu-uh!” Regan smiled. “Here’s who it works. If we win the whole tournament…. You have to do one thing. Whatever I say.”

Selena blinked. “Elaborate.” She stated flatly.

“Nothing illegal.” Regan assured. “And don’t worry, I know not to mess with you hair.”
“Good.” Selena sighed. “But besides that?”
“Anything. Nothing illegal or bad, but all is fair game.” Regan wiggled her eyebrows. “A little sisterly bet wager if you will.”
“And what do I get?” Selena asked.
“Same liberty.” Regan stated. “We win and I’ll do whatever you want me to – same parameters.”

The idea was nerve-wracking and made Selena paranoid because Regan clearly had an ‘idea’ of what she wanted from Selena but Selena had no idea what was. But still… the ability to make her sister do anything… she could take that emerald-green dress that Regan loved! She could make Regan wear matching tag-team partner uniforms! She could call dibs on next year’s Christmas party costumes! 

“I wanna add something.” She stated at last, earning a tilt of the head from Regan.
“Yes?”
“Whoever scored the most pinfall wins in our run gets to decide who goes first.”
“Ooo, clever!” Regan laughed before holding out her hand. “I’m in.”

For a moment, Selena glared at the hand. “And no haircuts?” she had to double-check.
“Will you just shake my hand, witch!” Regan ordered, which Selena obeyed. The two had barely had time to shake before the sound of running and shouting was heard. While it wasn’t entirely uncommon given the location and event, it was enough for the two witches to exit the washroom and stare out into the lobby section once more. 

“What’s going on?” Regan asked, but Selena didn’t answer, instead stopping the first person she saw.
“Hey!” she asked the large man who was dressed like Shrek. “What’s going on?”
“It’s Ms. Wallace.” The ‘ogre’ replied. “She’s passed out on the stage-“

The witches were gone before he had finished the sentence…

Frozen Central

The camera opens up to reveal the inside of the Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona, the location of this month’s SCW Pay-Per-View, The Last Laugh. And if one were to laugh at this moment, their voice would echo through the empty space of the large arena. For though stage has been set for tonight, with a ring, ramp and large screens for the audience, though the space is covered with the SCW logo and graphics and banners of numerous SCW superstars, there is but only one soul within the space and as the camera moves closer, the viewers are able to see her, sitting in the middle of ring, illuminated by the arctic blue and white lights. Her hair, the iconic braid and platinum-blonde color are the first things noticed to any eye.

The next thing on the woman sitting cross-legged in the middle of the ring is the chive-green leather long coat that wraps around her form, accentuating her curves. Slowly, the Snow Queen takes a deep breath before she speaks.

Something has changed within me… her voice is a soft song as she whispers the lyrics just loud enough to be heard. Something is not the same. I’m through with playing by the rules of someone else’s game.

With a quiet, soft sigh, the one half of the World Tag Team Champions lifts her head to gaze into the camera. I don’t think I’d be out of line if I said that it’s been a rough couple of weeks for me. Between the matches that have been rather, let’s say controversial, in their finishes, to losing the United States Championship, I’ve had to ask myself “what is important to me” in terms of my focus and direction, not only as one half of the SCW World tag-team champions, but also as a person and representative of SCW – the… she stops for a moment, a knowing smile coming to her lips. 

This is the part where I’d say ‘The Face of SCW’, but it seems that I can’t say that without infuriating a few bitter people in the back. One, in particular, has been mouthing off for a couple of months, calling me “The Shadow of SCW”.

Biting her lower lip and working it a little between her teeth, Selena suddenly pushes herself to her feet, dusting herself off. Is that what you’ve reduced yourself to now, Xander? Name-calling? Is that the only bullet that’s left in your chamber? After what? Two? Three attempts in the last few months to “make me face oblivion”? “Become frozen in place”? “Face the reaper”? 

Or do you need that false sense of security? You need to think you’ve ‘banished’ me or ‘sent me on the road to oblivion’ because oblivion is headed your way at breakneck speeds.
a sad smile crosses her lips. You know, Xander? I could almost feel sorry for you. And I actually mean this. I credited you in being a mastermind of sorts. So many times you knew just what buttons to push to get to me. Attacking my fans and innocent children, going to my house, harassing my wife, I considered you to be an intelligent man on the level of Ravyn Taylor in your schemes.

And yet…
she shakes her head. And yet… here you are trying to infuriate Regan Street, my sister, every single week. Trying to break her down or get in her head until, finally, you’ve reached a point where, let’s face it, it’s no longer an ‘if’ you’re going to clash, but when…

Like I said, I’d feel sorry for you if you didn’t deserve what’s coming to you. And I’m going to look forward to seeing beat you from pillar to post.

Because let’s face it, Xander. A beating is what you’ve got coming. It’s what you’ve earned. And I could go on about it being about what you did to me, but let’s face it. I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself. I’m talking about what you did to Konrad. What you did to Dylan. What you did to Simon. I’m talking about how the last time you went on a rampage like this, I kicked you in the head so hard, it knocked you out. So, Xander, I know that another knockout blast is headed your way coming from my sister…

But that is the future. Tonight, I get to be part of something that’s, almost, just as good. First, I’ll get to see Peyton Rice take you on and take the United States Championship from you. Second, I’m going to show the world something you can’t seem to stand. 

The continued success of the sisterhood that is Frozen Hell.

A hand on the ropes, Selena strolls around the ring, her eyes taking in the empty seats and illuminated SCW graphics and banners. 

Yes, Regan’s and my adventure through the Tag League continues on in what is, without a doubt, our most challenging pair of opponents up to this point. Like the others, this match will see us defend the tag-team titles as part of the rules, something I know Regan and I are ready to do.

To be honest, that’s a little caveat in the conditions of this tournament that I… I’m the one that needs. I know every opponent we face will see this as ‘their opportunity’. ‘Their chance to change everything and make history!’. Because one win, and, regardless of your position in the tournament rankings, you can become the tag-team champions! The spotlight – the world’s eyes suddenly on you…

But that isn’t need. That’s a want. Each team WANTS this rule because they WANT to become tag-team champion. Lucas Knight WANTS to be tag-team champion. Chris Cannon WANTS to be tag-team champion.

Selena sighs. But Selena Frost? I need this pressure. I need this condition. Because it’s broken my heart to see the controversy that has surrounded this league tournament. I’m not going to lie, it’s frustrated me to see tag-teams broken up due to injury, quit matches, or even give up. Give up! When one win could net you the world tag team titles?!

And I’m not going to single out any one team, but if I said that the amount of people that that previous statement refers to is depressing, I think many people, fans and wrestler alike, would understand entirely what I am saying.

But you see, when each team fights Regan and I? That little caveat? The one that suddenly makes them challengers for the titles she and I carry with all the pride in our hearts? Makes them a team with everything to gain and nothing to lose? Suddenly, those little gripes and ‘giving up’? They disappear. And our opponents become sharks in the water that smell blood. They become invigorated to ‘win just this one match’ and doing all they can to make that a reality.

With a graceful move, the Snow Queen runs a hand through her platinum-blonde hair. It’s not difficult to see that such a thing motivates you, Lucas. I mean, you all but said so when we stood in this ring a few Breakdown episodes ago. That, while you two were practically out of the tournament, you were ready to take the titles off Regan and I. And I can’t blame your mentality. I’m excited about it. To see our next opponents eager and hungry for these titles – this is what the Tag League was about! Putting the focus of the world on this division! Telling the SCW Universe to keep their eyes on tag-team wrestling because this will be something they’ve never seen before!

And you started it off by recruiting Chris Cannon as your partner, effectively creating a dark-horse team that’s never shied away a single moment from challenge after challenge. So for that, Lucas, I thank you.
a genuine smile breaks across Selena’s face. I could go on, sir, but I think Regan will want to say her piece about you to you – and I need to move on. Because while I respect you and what you’ve offered this league, Lucas… her smile slowly drops and her tone grows more serious.

I cannot say the same about your partner.

Chris.

A dead silence hangs in the air as Selena crosses her arms over her chest as she stands in the ring. Chris Cannon. Almost as if trying the name on her lips before slowly shaking her head.

You spoke about ‘redemption’. You spoke about ‘turning over a new leaf’. ‘Starting anew’.

Now… that might be easier for some people to accept, but let me ask you something, Chris. Am I to forget about the fact that you threw my wife into the ring barricade? Or how about the months you, along with Sienna, harassed and assaulted me? Or how about that United States title tournament just a few months ago that you tried to screw me out of by interfering in the finals for the sole purpose of trying to spear me?
Selena’s jaw tightens. Or how about the people you hurt? The people that mean so much to me. Like Owen and Blake, whom I respect. Like Kennedy, who’s been a dear friend to me…. Or what about Kelcey? 

Selena’s glare is cold. Did you really think you could just snap your fingers and make us all believe you, Chris? That we’d forget the lives you’ve tried to ruin for no other reason but for your own damned satisfaction? I’m sorry, Chris, and maybe I’ll get looked down for this, but no. You’ve done NOTHING to earn your redemption or even consideration that you’re a changed man.

Reaching up, Selena gently scratches her temple. You want to know what a true redemption story is, Chris? What a true example of ‘changing for good’ is? Regan and I. You’ve heard the stories. ‘Worst of enemies turned the best of friends’. Hell, our tag name came from such a notion. That hell would freeze over before Selena Frost ever teamed with Regan Street again. And yet, here we are, world tag-team champions. Sisters.

Do you think we got there overnight, Chris, like you’re trying to show us now? No, Chris. It didn’t happen overnight. We got there by being in this ring, night after night, not hiding at home behind contracts. Not blackmailing the SCW office. Not begging and begging for SCW to just ‘erase the past’. Regan and I fought each other tooth and nail to the point where we broke each other to pieces and, from that war, from refusing to settle or compromise our beliefs, all that hatred, which was actually the most fragile thing about our relationship, all that hurt, it broke away, leaving behind only a reforged sisterhood that had been believed long since dead.

Regan, through hard work, perseverance and months and months of rising to each and every challenge, earned back my trust and I know that I earned hers. THAT, Chris Cannon, is a true ‘redemption’ story. And it will take you more than just some humble, kind words, to find yours.

Turning her gaze towards one of the turnbuckles, Selena’s eyes, and the camera, take in the sight that has appeared before them. Her SCW World Tag-Team title resting on top of the turnbuckle. Slowly approaching it, Selena picks up the title and hoists it over her shoulder.

I do not doubt that you, just like Lucas, are going to come at us with all you have, Chris. I’m glad for it. I welcome it. I think this match deserves nothing less. But you’ve been trying for years to use me for your own success – your own stepping stone – and I’m not going to let you do so tonight. Because, like our sisterhood, Regan and I have sweated, bled, and broken ourselves to have these titles. To be here, in this league as the reigning tag-team champions, the team that cannot, for a single second, drop the ball, especially with Jordan and Dreams and Dark Fantasy where they are. 

For me, personally, Chris?
Selena sighs, shaking her head. I’m going to get rid of some of the hatred that I have for you. You want to be held accountable for your actions? Then prepare for a long and rather rough night and a beating that, deep down, you know, is overdue and something you truly HAVE earned. For my wife, for my sister, for my friends and family, and for me, Chris. I am going to knock you down. I am going to knock you out. It’s as simple as that.

As for Frozen Hell, we are not about to have our journey end here tonight, nor are we going to let the Tag League be mired by the controversy it has any longer. Because even if it’s just Frozen Hell that does it, we are going to make this Tag League what it was meant to be – make it do what it was meant to do! Turn the world’s eye on the tag-team wrestling of SCW and be what we believe it to be!

Adjusting the title, Selena lifts it over her head.

Too late for ‘second chances’… Too late to go back to sleep… it’s time to trust my instincts. Close my eyes… Selena closes her eyes for a moment before opening them again and a smile crossing her face. And leap…

Believe it, boys. Frozen Hell will not only defy the current view of this tag league… you can believe that we’ll be defying gravity too.

The smile brightens on Selena’s face before the camera fades to black.

OOC: Loved This Rp. Always a pleasure Jon, good luck bro.

The Views Expressed by “The Hellcat” Regan Street Are That of Her Own and Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

[Image: regan2020rp.png]

(Click Title)
I originally wanted to do 1 each for Chris and Lucas, but time got the better of me and in the end figured I would make this RP more of a joint effort. Had a blast writing it and hope you guys n gals enjoy reading it. 

Best of luck Omar and Hayden not that you need it  Heart

Last Laugh 2020