Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Donovan Kayl vs. Damian Angel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Donovan Kayl vs. Damian Angel

3 RP Limit per singles; 4 RP limit for tag
Deadline: 5 pm ET Saturday, September 8, 2018
AN OPEN LETTER TO SUPREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Chicago, Illinois;

Heed my words: Donovan Kayl is not coming. Donovan Kayl does not care. Donovan Kayl is shattered.

Do these words confuse you? Does the TRUTH incense you? Well, allow me further to explain.

This is man who, for nearly a decade, has gone under the moniker of “The Cornerstone” – a moniker that was bestowed upon him by you. You determined that he was the figurative “cornerstone”… the man around whom the Canadian Wrestling Federation, the Shootclub Wrestling Alliance, and professional wrestling itself, had been built. And for a while, he was able to live up to the responsibilities that said moniker had seemingly bestowed upon him. He was strong. He was proud. He was dominant. For two years in that time, he earned seven World Championships and even more Tag Team Championships with Simon Lyman. And then he “retired”. He’ll tell you he was forced into retirement by a political machine that was looking to place itself upon the shoulders of another, but he would be lying. He retired as he felt there was nothing left to prove. And when he did, the SWA itself crumbled and collapsed with itself like a black hole. It survived TWO MONTHS without it’s Cornerstone.

He moved on and stepped into the New Era Wrestling Alliance, and for the first time in seven years, recognized his responsibilities and used them to deem himself infallible. You turned on him for this, and by the time he came to Supreme Championship Wrestling, he “turned his back” on his “selfish ways” and returned to your good graces. How altruistic. Rather than embrace his stature, he became yet another face in the crowd. And here he declined. Sure, he had hands in grooming today’s top stars… Kennedy Street… Sienna Swann… names that had gone through his wrestling academy and flourished while he floundered. As the years wore on, he held on based on one simple premise: Giving back. But what did he truly give? Did he personally lift Kennedy up to World Championship status? Did he give the Youth Movement a leg-up in an industry they were ill-prepared for? Did he benefit the rise of Alexis Quinne? Did he give Torsten Voigt an irrevocable place in the industry? He took a Trios contract on the power of his own back, with his partners Selena Frost and my “old friend” Josh Hudson incapable of cooperating through the tournament, and then used it to SELFISHLY take a World Championship match against his old charge in an effort to sneak into the main event of Rise to Greatness. He again attempted to sneak into the World Championship picture at that event. And when he failed, he realized that he would NEVER be able to attain World Championship positioning again – at least not in SCW – and decided to announce his retirement.

Let us make no mistake about what happened on August 15. Donovan Kayl was in the midst of retiring from Supreme Championship Wrestling. He realized his career here would never reach the heights it had in the SWA, and figured there was no need to put forth the effort to even try. He would happily return home to his wife and his children, run his school and his charity, and perhaps engage in other endeavours. Perhaps he would even find himself a new company to compete in, one where the competition and schedule was a little bit lighter than that of SCW, where he could again attain World Championship status.

I ensured he would not have that opportunity.

Now, the last thing anyone will ever think of when they think about Donovan Kayl will not be CWF and the SWA. It will not be NEWA. It will not be seven World Championships, 22 World Tag Team Championships. It will not be the Youth of a Nation Wrestling Academy. It will not be the Kayl-Lyman Foundation. It will not be any of that. What people will think of now, wherever he turns up, will be the sight of his prone, decimated carcass laying in the middle of an SCW ring after being beaten and bludgeoned by my pets, and his face driven to the mat under my boot! THAT is the legacy of Donovan Kayl. THAT is what people will remember. And THAT is why Donovan Kayl will not be coming to Apocalypse. Because he knows if he walks into the United Center on September 9, that is what will be waiting for him again – another affirmation that the industry has passed him by, and another night being driven under my boot.

And this is only the beginning. With the Cornerstone so utterly and irreparably shattered, the rest of the foundation will crumble and the machine will collapse. SCW will collapse, as the SWA did without him, as NEWA did without him. And when it has, I rebuild it in MY image… under MY watchful eye. And if you think Supreme Championship Wrestling has been rocked by how far others had been willing to go to carve their names into the history books, to weave themselves in the very fabric of this company, you have not yet seen a God-damned thing!

I am just getting started. You have been forewarned.

Damian Angel
The scene opens up inside a nondescript office. SCW Breakdown plays on a TV in the background, shown reflected in the window…

Quote:Damian: “Days away from Donovan Kayl revealing that the Cornerstone is shattered, never to be rebuild, reformed and just replaced. The flicker of a great career about to just become a footnote.”

A sigh can be heard…

Quote:Damian: “But some hold onto this façade that all is the same. Nevermind he was nearly cast away as an anchor, he’s been placed up against me in hopes he’ll show. But what happens when he doesn’t? I said I would rock SCW to its very foundation and I have taken out its cornerstone.”

The camera pans around to where someone still unseen reaches out for a cell phone. The phone is lifted off the desk and activated… the person’s thumb dials.

Quote:Damian: “The fire that was inside of Donovan Kayl is extinguished…and I’m just getting started.”

Voice: “Hello? Yeah, please put me through to the SCW Board of Directors. … Yeah. … Yeah, I saw. … Uh huh. … Yeah, I know that Damian Angel talks a lot. … Har Megiddo? I have a contingency plan for them. … Yeah, I know. … I’m going to need a ticket to Chicago…”

The scene fades.