Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Blake Mason vs. Marie Jones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Blake Mason vs. Marie Jones

3 RP Limit per singles; 4 RP limit for tag
Deadline: 5 pm ET Saturday, September 8, 2018
08/26/2018

Blake is in the backseat of his rental car with his daughter Kayla sitting right next to him. The driver is parked outside of the home of Katelyn Buehler. Normally on off days Blake is at home with his daughter shooting the breeze. On this day, he opted to drop Kayla off with her mother. Ever since RTG, aside from the one time Katelyn was backstage the previous week, Katelyn is out of action for the foreseeable future. Blake felt it only made sense that Kayla spend a little more time with her mother. He had a date in Pittsburg to face a common enemy of there's, Cassidy Carter. Drop Kayla off. Make a trip to Pittsburg. Felt like a simple plan in his eyes. Blake got out the car first. He walked around, popped open the truck, grabbed a duffel bag. Completed the journey around the car to open the door for Kayla. Both of them walked up to the door of Katelyn. Kayla did the honor of ringing the doorbell. It wasn’t long until Katelyn opened the door. She has a bright smile on her face laying her eyes on her little girl.

“Hey mumkin.” Katelyn said with all the enthusiasm in the world.

Katelyn bent down so Kayla can wrap her arms around her mother. Blake smiles watching on. “Mommy!”

Katelyn looks up at Blake. “Daddy has been spoiling you rotten?”

“Yep!” Kayla says knowing that she has her dad wrapped around her finger.

“She’s hard to say no to.” Blake acknowledges. “Before you know it, we will be living on the street in no time flat.”

“I highly doubt that.” Katelyn smiles. She returns her attention to Kayla. ”We’re going to have fun until your father comes back to pick you up, okay sweetie?”

Kayla nods. Blake bends the knee. He looks his daughter in the eyes. “Kay. I’ll be back in a couple days. Wrestling stuff. You know the drill.”

Kayla smiles. “I know. Kick ass, Daddy.”

Blake and Kayla bump fist. “That’s the plan, Kay. That, is, the, plan. Go inside. I need to talk to your mother.”

Kayla kisses her father on the cheek. She rushes inside to catch up with her two sisters. Katelyn returns to a standing position. “The only good thing about being off the road is spending more time with the girls. Can’t get enough. Thanks for bringing Kayla by.”

Blake nods. “Only made sense. Dropping Kayla off is not the only reason I stopped by. We need to talk. Stat.”

Katelyn folds her arms. “I knew this day would come.”

Blake gives her a blank expression. He has no idea what she is talking about. Katelyn cuts in to clear up the confusion. “You want to talk about Abigail, dont’cha?”

Blake shakes his head. “I am still uncomfortable with the notion that Abigail is a part our our lives. I wasn’t too thrilled she decided to join the SCW ranks. Your love life is your business. I trust that she loves you. Kayla adores her. So no, I am not going to raise a fuss about Abigail. For now at least. I want to talk about me. More specifically, my love life.”

Katelyn raises an eyebrow. Blake takes a deep breath. He knew that bringing up the object of his current affection wasn’t going to be easy. The one takeaway he left his last marriage with, no matter how hard it is to be completely honest with the people around you, no secrets. “Okay... I have been kinda, sorta involved with Taylor Chase--”

As soon as the name Taylor Chase left his lips, Katelyn’s eyes widened. That name triggers a lot of history. Blake knew it. He had to do it. “WHAT?!”

From there blake went on to explain the circumstances behind his flirtation with Taylor. Everything from her approaching him in Miami the week Kelcey was announced to the SCW Hall of Fame. To the various visits she paid him at his home in NY. To the night of the Hall of Fame show to their brief conversation following his Rise to Greatness win. He can tell the more he went into the story, the more Katelyn gave off the impression that she was not at all thrilled by his potential choice in women.

With his story complete, Katelyn crosses her eyes. She is still seeing red. “Are you out of your mind?!”

Blake pauses. Tension is high. Understandably so. Enough time passes before Blake tries to calmly rationalize away his current situation. “We can’t help who we care about, Katelyn!!”

Katelyn rolls her eyes. “What is the matter with you? Me and Taylor don’t get along, at all! What’s going to happen when she decides to make trouble for me again?!”

Blake tries to rest his hand on Katelyn’s shoulder, to no success. She jerks her shoulder back. “Kate. Relax. Me and Taylor aren’t officially together, yet.

“Good. Keep it that way!”

Blake sighs. “Come on Kate, seriously? I get that you two are engaged in a wrestling conflict. That’s all it is. Wrestling. Not like she is going to make your life a living hell. She would have already if she hated you that much.”

“Taylor is like a dog chasing a bone. Shaun was her obsession. From what you tell me, she wants to punish Owen.”

“I need to believe that Taylor is not going to cross a line that isn’t necessary.” Blake takes a deep breath. “She was a great person once, remember? Life got to her like it gets to us all. On the off chance Taylor can be redeemed, is that not worth exploring?”

“Hell no!” Katelyn said adamantly. “I don’t want that woman anywhere near our daughter.”

“Taylor loves Kayla. You can’t dispute that.” Blake says firmly. “How about all those years you let Ace Marshall around our girl knowing he decided to marry the one woman who was part of the plot to kidnap our little girl? Tay would never hurt Kayla. Deep down you that know.”

Katelyn nods. “I know. I know. Come on, you can do better than Taylor.”

“I can say the same thing about Abigail. In case you forgot, Abigail found out I was Kayla’s father. We both agreed to keep that a secret from the world. Your girlfriend threatened to use that information against me in some sick game she wanted to play.”

Katelyn says firmly. “I forgave Abi for that.”

“Maybe I haven’t.” Blake says with conviction. “Taylor won’t harm, Kayla. If she does, I’ll put her in the ground with no hesitation.”

Katelyn throws up her hands. “I can’t do this.”

Katelyn takes the duffel bag from Blake. She turns her back on him. “Bye!”

Katelyn shuts the door in his face.

Rolling his eyes, Blake screams. “Kate.”

He pounds on the door. “KATE!”

Again he pounds on the door. “I’m not leaving until you talk to me, damn it!”

Blake stood outside Kate’s home for a half hour. He isn’t going to leave until Katelyn returned to finish their conversation. His patience is rewarded. Katelyn opens the door. With a regretful look on her face she says to Blake. “Sorry I blew up like that.”

To ease the tension, Blake smirks. “Never a dull moment.”

Kate smiles back, “Can’t blame a girl for being petty.”

Blake shrugs. “We have our vices, including me. Don’t worry about it. I find it hot.”

Katelyn blushes. “Awww. You’re a sweetheart.”

“I have my moments.” Blake runs his hands through Kate’s hair. “Tell the truth, if you were able to get pregnant again, you would be the first person I’d come to pop out another child.”

Katelyn smiles. “We did do a good job with Kayla.”

Blake nods. “Definitely. I doubt Abigail would mind. The girl isn’t subtle in her desire to ride the Blake Mason Experience. Alas, neither is going to happen.”

“You’re still serious about Taylor?”

Blake nods again. “I am. As with the story of my life, it’s complicated. I’m not naive to how dangerous Taylor Chase is. Two to one, she’ll find some avenue to make Owen pay for betraying her. I don’t agree with her attitude towards him. She knows that. But she also knows I am not going to do her bidding. Now with Rise to Greatness out the way, we’ll see if she is serious about her desire to start a life with me. I do want a life with her as crazy as that sounds. Am I fooling myself? If I allow a woman with her temperment a space in my life, what does that say about me? In the same vein, I could live an exciting life with Tay Tay. So I don’t know, Kate. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.”

Katelyn grabs Blake’s hand. “Well, I trust you to make the right decision, Blake.”

Blake tilts his head to the side. “Is that so?”

Katelyn nods. “Yes. Promise me you’ll be careful. I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“Nice to know you’re protective of me.”

“Guess I am.” Katelyn smiles. “Thanks for being honest.”

“My decisions don’t just affect me. We’re family, Kate. Now and forever. This is the last thing I want to blindside you with. I should run. I’ll call you when I’m in the air.”

“One more thing, kick Cassidy’s ass.” Katelyn says.

Blake gives Katelyn a salute. “Aye aye captain.”

Blake hugs Katelyn. He travels back to the car feeling pretty good about the conversation he had with his baby’s mother. Wasn’t too bad. Mission accomplished.

August 29th, 2018.

Blake walked into the PPG Paints Arena on Wednesday wishing to know what his fate for Apocalypse would be. He is no stranger to learning the adage “be careful what you wish for” is more than just a cliche, it is an interesting reality to confront. He wanted to marry Bree, that didn’t quite work out the way he envisioned. Especially with Mr. D offering him a shot at the United States Championship he felt was right to turn down. Later on his night was going to become more interesting when Marie Jones asked for a match against him. On the surface the challenge made sense, Marie has been on a roll. Aside from the one hiccup at Rise to Greatness, she has been winning matches left and right. So has he. They were in the same position, both needed that one win to grab management attention, moreso Marie could use that win after coming up short at RTG. He understood that. What he couldn’t understand is why Marie would intentionally place herself in his path after she cheated on her husband with him.

Blake did as he promised. He went to Mr. D. Informed him of the conversation he had with Marie. Match made. Only one thing left to do, confront Marie Jones. And that is exactly what he did.

He contacted who he needed to find out where Marie Jones was staying for the evening. Blake made a beeline to the hotel Marie is staying at, luckily for him, he saw that she was heading towards the elevator. Before the elevator door could close, he slid in. As soon as the door closed, he immediately pressed the stop button ensuring that both of them were alone to speak about what happened earlier.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Marie said.

Blake folds his arms. “I could be asking YOU the same thing! By the way, Mr. D said yes, we’re facing each other at Apocalypse.”

She smirks. “Great, that’s perfect. I guess I’ll see you at Apocalypse, then?”

“I doubt your husband will be thrilled. To be honest, I’m not either. I only accepted your challenge because I respect you.”

“Look, something happened between us. It’s over. We’re professionals and we should be able to work in the same company without avoiding one another. Besides, this is the kind of match SCW needs more of. No more degenerate losers like Cassidy Carter getting opportunities and spotlight just because of the outlandish crap she does. No more deranged lunatics like Dylan Howell getting title opportunities because his insane antics. You’ve been on a roll inside the ring, so have I. One of us will win and advance their career even further. You have to admit, whoever wins will be in line for a major opportunity but the difference here is that we’ll have EARNED it, unlike some of the other assholes in this company.”

Blake nods. “You are right about almost everything you said, except one.”

For emphasis, Blake holds up one finger. “For us this is another step to get to the next level. This is not as clear cut for you, Marie. How do you think Arthur is going to feel watching us wrestle next week? You give him the same line you gave me about career advancement. It’s me we’re talking about. I’m not just any person on this roster. I am the man you hooked up with once. How are you going to smooth that over with him?”

“I hate it for Arthur, but he’s just going to have to get over it. Face facts, Blake, eventually we’ll face each other anyway. Do think Mr. D would keep us apart if we were to tell him? The jackass would probably book it anyway just to toy with us. It was bound to happen eventually, unless one of us were to leave SCW, and Arthur knows that isn’t going to happen.” She sighs. “But Arthur is good people; yes, he was pissed with you, and me, but I think he’ll understand where I’m coming from.”

Blake admires the fact Marie is trying to be all business when it comes to their delicate situation. As he learned earlier when Mr. D talk to him about facing Bree for the United States Championship, nothing is as cut and dry as that. “For your sake, I hope your right. I don’t need him looking for another fight. I deserved it the first time. For you, I took it easy on him. Can’t make any promises if he want to have another spirited conversation.”

“I appreciate that but trust me, Arthur will be fine. He knows I’m a wrestler and this career comes with certain things he may not like. He accepted that coming in. But we can’t just avoid each other. We work for the same company. We would get booked against each other eventually. May as well get it out of the way now while we’re both on major rolls and one of us could use it as a springboard to bigger and better things.”

“Hopefully the next time Mr. D comes to me with a title opportunity Bree isn’t holding it.” Blake chuckles. “But yeah, you’re right. Might as well get it over with. The optics of this don’t feel right. You came to me. That’s what I am more concerned about. Speaking from a guys perspective, if I saw my girl go to the guy she had a one nighter with to challenge him to a match weeks after the one night thing happened...” He trails off. Blake holds back what he really want to say. “... like you said. If you say Arthur will be fine, I trust you. Speaking of things that should be gotten out the way. There is something I need to get off my chest.”

Marie raised an eyebrow. “Sure. I’m all ears.”

Blake composed himself. The voice in his head was telling him no, don’t make this more complicated than it needs to be. Honesty has become a thing for him over the course of time. Ironically he has Bree to thank for that. “For you that night was about living on the wild side for once. There is a thrill that comes from living dangerously. Can’t say I have stopped living on the edge of the cliff since then. The stories I can tell you.”

Blake holds his tongue. He didn’t want to be too honest. Katelyn and Victor already knew about the Taylor Chase chronicles. No need to add a third.

“Anyway, our night together meant the world to me. I made it no secret that I have always admired you from a distance. Something about you, I guess. Despite my perceived faults you have always treated me kindly. That night was more than a night of passion. We connected. For one night I needed you. I forgot all about divorce. Just so we’re clear, I never expected you to leave your husband.”

He pauses as a matter to drive home that fact that he wasn’t expecting anything more than the night they shared. “Your mother is many things, she shares the same thing in common with me, a string of failed relationships. I understand your desire to keep the one you got. Arthur is a better man than I ever have been. I’m still trying to figure this good guy thing out.”

Blake smirks. “In a roundabout way, just wanted you to know, that night wasn’t just a night of passion. I’ll never view you as a conquest. That’s why next week is a bit awkward. I care about you the person as much as I care about my career advancement.”

Marie nods. “I understand. And yes, it will be awkward for me too, despite my attempts to sound tough. But believe me, this has to be done.”

“True. Couldn’t agree more. I am proud of you.”

She nods her head. “I appreciate it. Looks like I’m finally making some headway. Regardless of the outcome at Apocalypse, I hope I can keep this upward trend going.”

“You will. You’re Marie Fn Jones.” Blake winks. “I do hold out hope for one thing. Maybe we can hang out again after the dust settles. Keeping our distance was necessary given the circumstances. I’m done running. I am not going to allow your husband to run me off. I lost enough friends already, I can’t lose you, too. What do you say, after Apocalypse, win or lose, we can hang out again. But if you don’t want to, I understand. I’ll support you no matter what decision you make.”

Blake extends his hand with the expectation Marie will agree to hang out with him again.

“I’d like that.” She accepts the handshake.

“Thanks.” Blake pushes the button to open the elevator door. “Glad we were able to clear the air. I’ll see you later. Goodnight Marie.”

“Goodnight Blake.”

Blake walks away from Marie feeling the air was finally clear, or is it? All he wants is for Marie’s marriage to be ok. He didn’t want to be the reason a relationship she actually wants to blow up in flames. Granted, he didn’t help the situation. He can make things right, he hopes. Only time will tell.

09/08/2018
(Read The Lohan roleplay first
http://www.supremecw.com/forums/showthre...355#pid355)

Abigail Lindsay has always been a playful thorn in the side of Blake Mason. All he wanted was a quiet night to himself. After Rise to Greatness where he broke up a fight between David Helms and Josh Hudson, not to mention entertain Taylor Chase... the normally chaotic life he brings on himself was something he wanted to get away from. Instead Abigail decided to play cupid for her own reasons unknown to Blake. By the looks of it, Mikaela is as caught off guard as he is. Yet, after he asked Abigail to leave, Mikaela opted to stay. Both sat on the couch.

“Your friend is insane, you know that?” Blake says adjusting to the situation at hand.

Mikaela crosses her legs. “Never a dull moment.”

“I’d prefer if her un-dull moments didn’t involve me.” Blake sigh. “A bit shocked she is trying to play Cupid. Can never tell what Abigail’s true agenda is these days.”

“I don’t know. Maybe she is being upfront for once?”

“Right...” Blake shrugs. “Because Abi cares about my happiness all of a sudden. Anytime we cross paths she can’t help but weasel her way into my life. I need to put a stop to this, somehow. ”

“Good luck with that. She is dating your baby’s mother. Do you think Kate told her anything?”

Blake shudders at the thought of Katelyn possibly telling Abigail of all people about his adventures with Taylor Chase. “I hope not!”

“Oh?” Mikaela’s eyebrow perks up. “What’s that supposed to mean? What secrets are you hiding?”

“I’d rather not talk about it.”

Mikaela nudges him in the shoulder. “Come on. Tell me. I can keep a secret.”

“The less you know the better. Trust me. I already feel like I am not going to survive the rest of the year.” Blake sly smiles. “We both agree Abigail is out of her mind thinking ‘we’ are a good idea. Bree would likely flip out. That can’t be good for you and Regan’s friendship with her. I find it ironic. She gets all my friends in the divorce.”

Blake can’t help himself from laughing. Realizing the irony, Mikaela nods. “Nothing is stopping you from stopping by.”

“I know. Just that, with everything going on. Regan being on edge. Me being unable to live some semblance of a boring life. I truthfully thought distancing myself from Bree would curb the chaos. In a sense I was right. I have been able to go to work drama free. With everything that is going on with Jason, I would have gotten dragged into that. I still find myself mired in predicaments. And I am beginning to wonder, is it me?”

“Word of advice.” Mikaela pauses. Blake leans back into the couch awaiting for the sage words of Mikaela. “You can’t control everything. That’s been your problem for years, believing that you can mold the world to suit your needs. Everyone has wants and needs, they are not going to bend to your will. On the surface you’re right, you have done quite well for yourself. Sorry Blake, you’re never going to lead a boring life.”

Blake smirks. “I’m impressed.”

Mikaela pats herself on the back. “I try.”

Blake didn’t regret saying, “Abigail isn’t so bad after all.”

“She has her moments.”

Blake stands up. “Got anywhere to be, Mikaela?”

“Not really.”

“Stay.” Blake says firmly. “Why waste a perfectly good dress? I am going to find something suitable to wear. It’s not too late. There is an excellent restaurant in Chicago I always go to. Shouldn’t have to worry about getting a seat. The power of money. Can’t let that go to waste.”

“Not worried about being seen with me? Regan could be lurking around the corner.” Mikaela says with a slight smile.

Blake rolls his eyes. “You’re not going to let me being afraid of your sister go, are you?”

Mikaela winks. “No. Seriously Blake, she isn’t that scary.” Blake raises his eyebrow. She stops laughing “Ok, she is only scary if you cross her. She is going through a lot. You know what it is like when the world paints you as the villian. All she is doing is looking out for her family. No one seems to get that. Now she has to deal with Owen Cruze while Selena is off facing the Taking Hold of the Flame winner. It’s not right. Abigail is also right, I need to have some fun. So Mr. Mason... lead the way.”

“Will do. I’ll try to stay in touch more. It’s been awkward for me, too. Sit here. Relax. Make yourself at home.”

“This should be fun.”

“Don’t tell Abigail that, I’m not sure I want to find out what else she has in mind. Not that I mind this surprise.”

It is nice to reconnect with a friend. Blake questions at times where he stands with people. With Katelyn, Andrew Raynes, Marie Jones, now Mikaela showing they support him in their own way, Blake fells now more than ever that everything might actually be ok.

==

<PROMO TIME>

The scene opens on top of a building, a very very very tall building. Off in the distance the entire city of Chicago can be seen from the literal birdseye view. By the edge of the roof stands a man with his back turned to the camera who we can safely assume is the one, the only, Blake Mason. He turns around to reveal the words “Go Big or Stay Home” in silver lettering on his black t-shirt. He takes one step forward. Putting his hands into his jeans pockets, he confidently gazes into the camera.

‘WELCOME... to the Blake Mason Experience.’

Blake takes a moment to soak in his surroundings.

‘Wondering where we are? We stand on top of Willis Tower, the second tallest building in the United States of America. The reason we’re here, besides my flair for the dramatic. The phrase on my brand new t-shirt reads “Go Big or Stay Home.” My father repeated this phrase to me over and over again like it was a scripture from the Holy Bible. Son, you better go Big or stay HOME. No point wasting your time thinking small. Come BIG or stay in bed. With the passion he repeated that affirmation to me, you’d be led to believe he pulled that phrase from the GOOD book. For a time I believed my father picked that affirmation from The Bible. Nevertheless, that phrase stuck with me my entire life. I woke up this morning. I could hear my father say, Go Big or Stay Home again, and again, and again.

“Right now I am going BIG. I am laying out my declaration of intent. IF there is an Elimination Chamber match on October 21, 2018 for the World Championship... I. Want. In.”

Blake pauses, allowing his declaration to linger in the air.

“How is that for calling my shot?”

“Fortune favors the bold is a Latin proverb. There is nothing more bold then declaring your intention to challenge for the World Championship. Know what else is bold? Turning down an opportunity to challenge for any title. I knew the risk of turning down the shot Mr. D gave me. You’d have to be crazy to turn down a title shot is the best wrestling company on the planet. There is a line a mile long of talented wrestlers in this company who can be contenders. There are wrestlers in the tag division who can challenge for the US. For the Adrenaline. For the World. For all I know Marie, I pushed myself to the back of the line. Did I make a mistake? No. Not just because I did the right thing not wanting to face my ex-wife. I look at it another way as well;

I have the confidence to bet on myself.

A desperate person would have said sure, I’m all in, I’ll face my ex-wife. I am not that man anymore, Marie. I am not willing to sell out what I believe and who I am just to get ahead. For years I have sold pieces of my soul all in the name of becoming a big name. I will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I, Blake Mason, am one of the best in the world. I have said it for years, never quite believed it, one day, maybe I will. Moments of truth like these I need to prove to the world I mean business. I can’t think of anyone else at the moment that I need to prove it against than than you!

Blake takes a deep breath.

“Marie Jones... do you know what it feels like to be a main eventer in Supreme Championship Wrestling? An epiphany washed over me this morning. A month from now, Under Attack will take place. I am synonymous with that event. Last year, I was one of six people to compete for the SCW World Championship inside the Elimination Chamber. I shared the ring with Ace Marshall. Alistaire Allocco. Selena Frost. AJ Helms. Last but not least, Amy Chastaine. I had an okay performance, not impressive. I laid in my bed thinking this morning thinking about how far I have fallen in eleven months. I had my chance to become World Champion. Failed. I didn’t have to allow that failure to drive me on a downward spiral. As expected by many I screwed the pooch. One failed opportunity after another. Tag tournament. Failed. Lost to AJ at The Future is Now. Came back, lost to Amy. Selena owned me in our two matches this year.”

“I know, I know, I have been on a roll lately. Racked up a few wins against former World Champions. Showed my experience at Rise to Greatness against one of the future pillars of the company, Owen Cruze. Eleven months is a long time, Marie. I want that experience again. I need that. I lust for it.”

“Being a main eventer in this company means a lot more to me than it will ever mean to you. Here is a hard truth you can’t escape from. For nine years SCW has been my home, more than VWA ever was. I put in my time. I have been through many ups and downs, took a sabbatical on more then a few occasions. I always come back. When my contract was winding down, what did I do, Marie? I. Came. Back. There is no place in the world of wrestling I would rather be. SCW is my life. It is a part of me.”

“Sounds cliche, maybe. Marie. It is a hard truth. Here’s another one.

There is a brief moment of hesitation. Blake knows he needs to say what he is about to. Can’t escape the truth. He pushes forward.

Back in UWA, you were the World Champion. You scored a victory over several of the best the sport has to offer in one night to finally prove you were the woman. And what did you do after you lost the championship? The same thing you are doing right now. Throwing a fit. Acting entitled. Being a tad bitchy. But you did something else in UWA, you quit. While everyone thought Kim Williams was you, you had your agent negotiate a deal to sign with SCW. Why? You were a main eventer. A former World Champion. Didn’t like how management treated you? Tough. You had it all. I wish I was a former World Champion. I can’t say that. You can. So you thought the grass would be greener on the other side? To be frank, that doesn’t set right with me.”

“SCW isn’t your home. This isn’t a company you bled, lost friends, grew up a lot of your adult life in. No. You represent one of those wrestlers who looks at SCW as another land to conquer to prove to themselves that they are still worth a damn in this industry. As much as I respect you Marie, that is the way I see you. When the bell rings you are an invader. Someone who left their land because they didn’t have the courage to climb back up the mountain one more time. Isn’t that the real reason Marie you are still here? You can’t quit, that would mean your time in SCW was a waste. I can see it in your eyes. I heard the frustration in your voice when you lost to Quinne the other night. You’re desperate. You know without a shadow of a doubt you can’t screw this up. You will wake up the next morning, look in the mirror, sure, you’ll be happy for me, I don’t doubt that. Remember what I told you months ago about developing a killer instinct. This is me showing you mine. Expect no mercy. This is the education in tough love you need. This match Marie could be your make or break. What are you going to do when you lose?

Blake pauses, allowing his statement to linger in the air.

“I can’t lose. I refuse to. Eleven months ago I was at the top of the mountain around here, and I’ll be damned if I lose my momentum to someone who is doing everything they can to justify why they came to SCW in the first place. As your friend, I’ll support you. As your opponent, it is time for me to add your name to the list of competitors who have fallen to me.

“You complete my drive for five.”

“Thanks for coming.”

Blake turns around to look at the majestic view of Chicago as the scene fades to black.